Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about this trade.
Speaker 1: The Memphis Grizzly said DEATHMND Bane to the Orlando Magic for KCP Coentavious Carwell, Pope Cole Anthony four one two three four unprotected first round picks and the pick swap. Hold on, I don't think y'all hurt me people because I didn't get the reaction that I thought I was gonna get from you. One two three four unprotected first round picks and a pick swap.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean when you do something like that, are you floading up? Are you going? Are you gonna get rid of John? Are you gonna get rid of a triple j I'll mean, what's going on? What's going on? Joe? Man?
Speaker 1: That's what it looked like. And I'm like, man, they gave up a line you know, to uh put Yeah? But Bane, Yeah, they gave up a life from Desmond Bane man. But I mean, I don't know what myth's got going on over there. I don't know what they plan on doing.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Maybe they will get rid of Joe and JJ. But I'm like, why if you do that, then what you're banking on? What you I mean, what's gonna be your drawn? You know what I mean, if you get rid of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I look at it like this, right, I look at it like this, right, if I'm GM, I'm looking at it like if I wanted to start a team. Right, obviously, I'm gonna pick the guy that I want to start the team with. I'm an pick a five man. But if there's anybody else that you need as like a shooter, a glug guy, a guy that can just get you points from from nowhere, I honestly think he's an upgrade from Kyle Well Pop Devin Bane, you know, yea, if we've.
Speaker 2: Been honest, he's done it in the regular season. He's done it on that Oh you say he's an upgrade on k Oh Yeah for sure, for sure, right right?
Speaker 3: And I think Memphis all also needed a guard who can bring up the ball, you know, who can go get his own bucket.
Speaker 2: I like that. And they also needed some some some some some locker room presence. I like that from k C. P Right.
Speaker 3: I don't like the picks, right, But it's been so up and down in the NBA. Luca DoD just gets up one first round. A guy gets three first rounds, So you just don't know the scale of how they negotiate with the You see Rudy Gobert go for four first round picks, but Harry.
Speaker 2: Just don't know go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just hard for us to know like what's actually been saying in those conversations. So like we can look at it like, man, what the hell, what's wrong with y'all? How y'all giving up that much right to the naked eye?
Speaker 2: But I don't know. It might have been the deals and placed before.
Speaker 3: We don't know if it's you know, it's it's so much with this business that you really But.
Speaker 1: Scotty Pip Jr. Played well for Memphis last year when when Jah was down. I thought he played well.
Speaker 3: Peple, Yeah, yeah, I think I think I think you keep him and you get cold, right. I don't think you can as many tapes Ball Henderson playmakers you can have, you know. I think that's that's a good that's a good look. I think lu Canard, Lukenard is up for contract. I think he's free agent, right, So I mean that's that's an open position. That's you know, just telling you they might not want to bring Luke Canard back. So you know, I think I like it. What the Presidence with KCP of winner who's done it before, someone that can be in John, I like Jared Jackson, JJ and Josh still together.
Speaker 2: You know. So it was just I like eating you know what I'm saying, We just have to see I go.
Speaker 1: Look, I mean, I'm looking at this, I'm like, what message up? I don't think they got better. I don't. I don't think they got better with this trade. I don't think Memphis they're still night seedy. They for the play in. With the move they made today, they're still in the play in. Yeah, I don't look at it, okay with this move right here now they are top five, their top five, top four seeds.
Speaker 2: I don't look at it like that. You think their top four, top five seat right now.
Speaker 3: People, Now you gotta think this is the same team that that fire and Taylor Jenkins. So you know you gotta come in and thinking that sometimes maybe they don't they don't think them right way at all, you know, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So you got to understand, like, oh man, this is the same organization that fired a phenomenal coach. You feel me. They've been in the headlines with John Moran and this this.
Speaker 3: They been in the headlines more than the Hosckkeyiten team, you know, the Memphis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, they's just about the fact you was on the team. Yeah, you with that too. I said. I checked them and say, Unkie, will you I'm cool, I'm not here. You let that go. Man, let it go. Man. They on some bulljye. Them young boys, they like that. Let it go. Let it go.
Speaker 3: So like they've been in the news more than that than the Hollywood team. So, like you know, you you always have to question any moves they make.
Speaker 1: Hey, look you see them trading John in trouble J Man. I can't see that.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 1: I know the room has been spreading around. But man, John is star power. He's box office. I think I think a lot. I think they lean. I think you should. They put more pressure on him to be elite, to be one of the top guys in this league. And JJ, like, you got two great pieces who work together. I don't know why you would trade that and and what you would get back for you know what I mean, that would be comfortable to what you know they give. So I don't see I don't see them trading him. I think they looking for John to take that next step and uh, you know, be be be elite in this league, be one of the top e league guards. Man.
Speaker 2: That's how they gonna be able to contend. I think Josh phenomenal. He just can't stay and he gotta stay healthy, Old Joe. I think that's why they got them mother Guards. That's why you bring in Cole Anthony.
Speaker 1: You keep Scotty pipping because of his injury history, but if you couldn't keep him healthy, Uh, I think, Oh, he's phenomenal. Yeah, yeah, he's he's phenomenal. And besides, I mean you get rid of him. Who look, their very few big man that team that that people ever have ever come to see. So they come to see small, they come to see guards. They come and see Lebron's and Kevin Durants. They come and see Steph Curry's and James Harden and guys like that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, Triple J is phenomenal, but they people ain't gonna be lied up to see Triple J and Zachiety.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, ain't p man. You know this a start driven league, bro, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: He got commercials, this, that and the third like he got a shoot.
Speaker 2: He got his own.
Speaker 1: Coach looking for him to take that next step man, you know, be a little bit more disciplined in the things that he's doing off the court, you know, hold himself accountable and you know, come in and help get that franchise, you know, back to they winning ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he he the chief of the Yeah, all a lot love.
Speaker 2: They love him to death. The young boy. They love.
Speaker 4: They love him. They can't do no wrong. They can't do he got the coature. He's just hey, hey, hey see what they feel like. It's bad for the public eye. Like like Pete Ball said, the hyn they loving it, you know what.
Speaker 2: I mean, they do love it. They love it. They love to see man like that.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, bro, do you understand how much money you cost yourself? That's what only you make you big bunny. Hey, you get suspended for twenty games? Hey, hey, Pete bail bad. Come on now, twenty game that's probably three that's two, three billion dollars four million.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell you who mad jam Jackson junr oh oh yeah, he caught himself one hundred meal. He made one of them all the emails, they said, uh, they're talking about they talking about they talking about your homie cost them.
Speaker 2: All that money.
Speaker 3: Leebron Jacks Hell, they say, Lebron, Lebron. If Lebron don't get that position, they say, that's the sort U J J. Jason, he get that three fifty. But but but but here's the thing. Does anybody think Triple I played Lebron this year? No, not even, not even. But see, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: In my mind.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking, like, damn, they gonna gave it to Lebron for twenty years at least get me, you know.
Speaker 1: So I feel it both with it. And the thing is is that you can't win. They said, okay, we want this. Okay, now you got a writers that's gonna decide how much money you actually made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ain't that why team?
Speaker 1: Second team first or second team All NBA MVP.
Speaker 2: You're right, Hey, love's cold game. Now it's a cold game for me. Man, it used to be the players voted.
Speaker 1: But they say, man, y'all got favorite Tillery, you got your playoff X, Y and Z. So they say, you know what, let's turn it over to the writers. They turn it over to the writers. Bro, you ain't gonna somebody gonna be disappointed because the season that will average fifteen twenty five.
Speaker 2: He didn't win the MVP.
Speaker 1: So up until nineteen eighty was voting for the MVP. Yeah, they said, nah, man man, y'all be buddy buddy. Y'all be hanging out the All Star Game, y'all cool, So you vote for your buddy. Okay, they said, I'll tell you what. We're gonna take it out now. The Riders got it, not what you want to do. Somebody got to vote. Somebody got to win the MVPP MAILP. Somebody got to be first second team All the NBA. Somebody got to be first and second team All Defensive. So and gotta win these award. So what's the way that you got you guys played in the league. How would you like to see that handle?
Speaker 3: I like, I like Heisman handle, and I think that once once you kind of understand and the older you get that basketball is a huge business. And part of basketball being in business this is it's partly entertaining. Also, right, it's it's entertainment. It's fast being entertained by guys shooting threes, guys and you know, doing call Bacy dunks. So once I kind of found that out, and I used to steal stuffing, like, hey, okay, cool, I see Tony Alla throwing the first thing.
Speaker 2: Okay cool.
Speaker 3: Anytime I get a big stop, I'm gonna throw a first sin right right Now'll triggered people to be like, oh, let me look at sing That gets.
Speaker 2: The go on.
Speaker 3: Media has to go with it, right, So I get to play a game now, I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I haven't been at the luxury to you know, see three hundred and fifty million be that. I haven't been in that eleuxury. But I know the small things I did. So ain't no telling what guys out here doing. My guys probably sending wind bottles, all types.
Speaker 2: Of stuffing people.
Speaker 1: But before you go, Joe, is that if Memphis, if job take care of it. Now they're on television more and now people see them more. Yeah, see Lebron, don't you the Lakers. They got forty forty two, forty three televised games, So you gonna see Lebron, you gonna see Lucas, you gonna see Jason Tatum. You gonna seen a lot of these guys. But in Memphis, it's contingent. So when John's there and they're playing, well, Memphis, we used to see Memphis and we see y'all be a second team. We see J Triple J be on our all NBA selections. But when you're out of sight, look, I only got so bad. Look I'm I'm following the team. A lot of these people are beat riders. Everybody's not in there all these games. Everybody ain't watching everybody play. It's not like the NBA. I mean, excuse me, NFL. All the games come on Sunday. You got something in playing Wednesday, they got some team playing. Tuesday, got some team Thursday got pride. So I can't, Hey, I can't keep up with everything. People help, Hey, listen. I think with Jan Jackson JUNR he bell for me, it's like he hanged his hat so much on offense nowadays, and I think he needed to go back to being that mean defensive presence. But I don't know if he can lead the league in blocks anymore with Winby being in the NBA.
Speaker 2: But no, he gonna will that.
Speaker 1: Ain't nobody would nobody, Ain't nobody fit thee win the block title with Winby there, Hey, listen, but he got he got an his hat on defense. You know, his offensive game will come, you know if he if he lead his defense fuels offense versus just standing out there at the three point line, you know, shooting a lot of threes. I know he got a nice little bag, you know, with him offensively, but they need his defensive presence for them to be effective in that in that wild wild West.
Speaker 2: He said that.
Speaker 3: So so we played them, We played them in the playoffs when I was in Minnesota and and and he was in the next year, he wanted to kind of work on his offense. And his switch was, Okay, if I focus all on my defense, I'm gonna end up in foul trouble a lot. He led the league's he led the league in files offense here. So his thing was like, I'm gonna balance it out. I'm gonna go a little bit more offense, just to you know, I ain't gonna put all my energy on defense. I'm gonna put a little bit more of my energy on offense and kind of balance it out.
Speaker 2: Because when he was all defense, he was fire found.
Speaker 1: But the problem, the problem that you're gonna have is that they've made all the NBA team positioners. So now you might have five, six, seven, eight, ten both boards or reds or guards. So it's not like we gotta have a five, a four or three or two and a one. So cause you look at the second team, I mean you look at all like damn, and so now you really ain't half but yokid you with the only center and there was no joe lynb Cause you know what, joelanbe come back healthy, he get one of them spots, but he ain't ever gonna play enough games getting those spots on. That's what might be right. You gotta play sixty five on a lot of people. Yeah, yeah, So that's what I'm saying. For me, it's like I feel like it's kind of you know, it's kind of easy for him to crack in that because it's a lot of these top guys they're not gonna play enough games to even be qualified for any of.
Speaker 2: These awards, you know what I mean. So if people keep.
Speaker 1: Himself healthy, I say, a solid twenty two to twenty three game with about twelve rebounds, you know, a couple of blocks, man, theyver put you right there. Third, Hey you got hey, hey be a nineteen eleven guy with three blocks with two and a half blocks, that's the best you could do. Because if you put twenty plant twenty two points a game, that takes too much away from his defense. He just gave away bangs. How much bangs average? He average twenty something? Right, your bangs average bout nineteen twenty k c P and and and uh the mother guys come hold after that. Hold on, They're not gonna they're not gonna be putting up points like that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: They're gonna have some games where they gonna be lights out, but for the most part, I'm saying, to be consistent, you know, he has to be consistent on night to night basis. That's basically what they're gonna be looking at. Hey, work, you gotta get tighten them, have those up he ball, You gotta be able to put that bag of the ploy.
Speaker 2: Get to that spot.
Speaker 3: Man, you better get into that the block left block, because hey, look how.
Speaker 2: Many bigs we got in the league. Who can chat? Who? They really none about four five up?
Speaker 1: When you talking, when you talk about true, I'm talking about like a yo kitchen and an embeed.
Speaker 2: I mean theoretically they listen.
Speaker 1: Gianni says, a big and Lebron and j T and all there but Evan Mobley, Jared Allen. But when you really look at about like big bigs that play big, I mean trouble Jake right now, that's what I'm uh.
Speaker 2: A D. Yeah, now a D healthy hey with a D healthy him.
Speaker 1: So you got Jokic, you got Embiid, you got a D, you got U Yannis.
Speaker 3: So that's for that's for forwards, right the fire four, the five, you could take Joanna, Joanna's done the first hand, the last.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go, he's gonna be on that. He's definitely gonna be on He's gonna be on that. And and Yokic.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be hard for somebody to unseat him because he's gonna have it down there after the triple double.
Speaker 2: Gotta win. This team gotta win. That's the win after win, that's it. They gotta win.
Speaker 1: Did the Bay did the Band trade expose how badly the Mavericks boshed the Luca deal the Mavericks.
Speaker 2: The Lakers gave up one first round pick for Luca.
Speaker 1: The Mavericks gave up four first round picks Eddie Pick swap oh Pete Bell. They got a D in return a d ain't no slouch. Okay, he ain't no slouch. He can play like he an all star caliber guy if he can stay. But if you have they treated deaths, but Bay like he's an all star with four first round picks unprotected Normally people you're like, Okay, they got some protection, Okay, top five protected? They like, nah, nah, ain't nothing protected. We all out everything out, Emma pick swap. That kind of reminds that kind of reminds you of a Clipper deal down the pit Bill when they gave to get Shape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was there for that one. Yeah, I was there.
Speaker 3: I thought, and looking back on it, I thought for a minute and like, yeah, we won this trade easy.
Speaker 2: Ain't so you you hold on? Were you there? Were you? Were you there with were you there with Shape? He was my rookie. Well, y'all keep forgetting that. Why do you think here a dog?
Speaker 4: Huh?
Speaker 1: So? So did you did you see? Okay, obviously he was. He was a lottery pick, But did you think he could turn into this?
Speaker 3: I told him this. I told him. The third day of training camp, I tapped Louke, I, me and Luke send down. I tapped Louke a lou Hey he cold. Luke said, yeah he he he different. I'm like, no, no, no, no, Louke, he I get up from lou You don't hear.
Speaker 2: What I'm gonna say. I go right to say.
Speaker 3: He say, how good do you think he could be? You know he he's from the sixth so he talked like he talked different than he's like. I mean, I think I could be like, like, no, that heavy ass boy, I'm not you.
Speaker 2: You you a superstar? You mean like all star.
Speaker 3: I'm like no, no, no, no superstar like Mike Jordan, coach Bryan. You like, like he seriously so fast forward. You know, I see his mom out shopping and while, you know, while we're playing Toronto, and she's like, man, thank you for you know, telling my son that, like you gave him that confidence.
Speaker 2: Like he after you said that, he really believed it. People always forget say it was Margrooky.
Speaker 3: Say with Marthy, Yeah, next day you love Chris Paul and Dinnerstroller respectfully. You know, everybody got to get that room from somewhere else. But nah, say was getting that ball in the playoffs. So he's playing Steph Curry. Hey, man, get Steph thirty what are you doing when you pass me the ball? Go get STEPH thirty to kill out?
Speaker 1: Hey hey look but when you look at it, uh Ca and Pete Bev certain things happening throughout guy's career they kind of helped take them to that next level, you know what I mean, him getting traded from the Clippers.
Speaker 2: You never know how he was thinking.
Speaker 1: He may be thinking like, man, I ain't think I was good enough, so crucial course, so now time somebody get rid of you, that's what they telling you. So so so now he in the lamb, working hard as ever, you know, probably showing prove like all right, I'm show him. Uh. I don't know if he if he expected himself to reach this level. Man, it's been it's been special to watch. It's been special.
Speaker 2: Nah what what like? I see him the next year and layup line or some He was like, man, that trade. I was like, yeah, man, what you think of? He's like, man, what should mean? You know? Trade me for him? You know, like talking about Paul George.
Speaker 3: I'm like yeah, like and to be a second third year guy like saying that shows you how much confidence they are.
Speaker 2: But I think it happened. I think it happened later.
Speaker 3: I think it happened when they got rid of a Dennis Schroeder and CP and they put the ball all there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, because that's.
Speaker 3: When you kind of thinking like that nineteen point twenty point got up thirty like once once they like clean house and like made him the primary ball handler, building around him everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything changed since then.
Speaker 3: So I think that was a that was a that was again, Sam Presty, that's a that's a that's another one to say that.
Speaker 1: Look, and I think we both get why the Clippers had to do this. You're getting Kawhi. Kawhi is basically saying, well, if y'all don't do this, I'm gonna go with the Lakers. Do y'all really want me? Lebron and Ad and then y'all y'all got a cup pat Bell That wouldn't have worked out well for y'all.
Speaker 3: Man, I know, but we don't need In our mind, you gotta think we just took the n before we just took go and say six cancel Kevin fran So in our mound our miund we thinking like, man, we.
Speaker 2: Just need one more person.
Speaker 3: We cool, right, So they was they were shopping kd might come. You know, there was the thoughts that kawhim come. We didn't think Kawhi and Paul drew us, you know, so for us, we're looking like, oh man, we got a real chance to win a championship. And that's when you know, you know things, you know, the bubble happened, and the three to one happened, and indusuries happened, and next thing you know, you know, Shade Shae's the MVP and he's in a championship game, up.
Speaker 1: Up three to two right now, Joe, there's still a possibility that Jason Kidd could join the Knicks. Per Ian Bagley, the door is not completely closed on the Knicks and Jason Kidd. Per people familiar with the dynamic in Dallas other outlists reported as recently lived last week that Kid was still a possibility and remains the case as a Monday, teams were hanging up on the Knicks during their head coach search for Shaw Shams. Teams would just hang up, some would say no, then hang up. In other situation, the prophety was involved. You know, literally, if no responses, hey love j Ki, gonna keep the dove and now what is it?
Speaker 2: Hold on What is it the Knicks could offer the Mavericks tooy get Jake Kidd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all gonna give up o g y'all gonna give up Michel Bridges, y'all gonna give up Mitchell Robinson.
Speaker 2: I need something they gonna have to give up. I don't know. I don't know what they I don't know what they can give up. You know.
Speaker 1: I know h Dallas got that number one pick, and from my understanding, they hold on to that, yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I don't even know.
Speaker 1: If it's really a job that that Jay Kidd really wants to be honest with you, I think he's better in the West with Anthony Davis and Cooper Flag and Kyrie. That's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying you. I know, you know it's gonna take probably Kyrie a little while to come back, but I think you got enough pieces over there to keep you afloat until back, you know, to somewhat of one hundred percent, you know what I mean. So I can't see I honestly, I can't see him. I can't see him taking that next job unless they offer him something that's kind of hard. To turn down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you're gonna put him up there with what you know, uh.
Speaker 1: Spolstra or or Steve Kurr seventeen million, eighteen nineteen million a year.
Speaker 2: But you're in New York compared to bad That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You, Hey, that money that you get in Texas with no state income tax man, new York costure like ten percent, That's what I'm saying. So I don't don't I don't see him. I don't see him, you know, taking this job. And like I said, unless it's something that's kind of hard for him to turn down. I think he's kind of, you know, developed a nice little thing there in Dallas, and I'm sure he wants to try to get to get the masverage back to the championship winning ways, you know what I mean. What he's got, they really got a chance. Before we go to any other topics, we got to talk to Mr thirty Burger. Alright, So Joe dropped thirty points for the Detroit Amps. Fifty casually pulled down ten boards and reminded, look at it, hold on, we're going to put it back up. Oh, Joe, hit it with it. I ain'tven that big body got up and get to his spies.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, don't bam all levels. Uh middy's posts, Uh three ball four point?
Speaker 2: But what whatever you want? Baby?
Speaker 1: Yoh, Joe, You're about to be a seventh or age man in the NBA right now. Huh man, I man, listen they y'all think I'll be talking. Y'all think I'll just be talking. Man, I can get somebody about fifteen or fifteen minutes, fifteen to twenty minutes off the bench. Yeah, just give me fifteen twenty Joe ten, I'll give you one from ten to fifteen. Yeah, I've been fishing. I'm gonna make plays. I'm gonna play the right way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna tell you something now. This this once a week thing. This, this is my type of This is my speed though. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 2: Hey, that's eas go to these ain't gonna Joe, Hey, I ain't finish in here. Lot to hear me? This once a week thing? Hey, I can do this in my sleep.
Speaker 1: Thank you Detroit AM social media team for providing us with these cold Iso Joe highlights. Make sure y'all go follow the ams on ig at Detroit AMPS. Hey, you get an opportunity to see Iso Joe who y'all played this week? Joe, we got to three oh five. We got Beasley, Lane, Stevenson and Mario. That could be a bar burner. It's gonna be so smoke. And you see them boys game, you see that hey man LANs get into it with with the White. I thought the White was go up last night, but they tried to talk the White out of his game. Made it because Beasley stayed talking because he he I think DWIGHTE is so polarizing, and you know, you look at him in statue. You know, he's so big and strong, and to my understanding that uh they say he was talking a lot of junk and uh in Las Vegas at the combine, you know, talking about how he was gonna come in and you know.
Speaker 2: Destroy the league and kill this, that and the third.
Speaker 1: So I guess some dudes took offense to it because they show ain't let him off the hook.
Speaker 2: But hey, that was w w E right there. Man, that Beasley.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh my goodness, yeah, yeah, everything was borderline in that game. That game was so long, but everybody it was borderline. But the competitive edge, it was there. You know, I thought, uh, they competed at a real high level and you could tell, man, it was just such a buzz throughout the whole arenta, just the entire game, like, man, it was, it was, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a good game to watch.
Speaker 1: I just I don't really care for all the antics and you know, all the fighting and getting in there because the league game for that bro, Like we all were on national TV, and we we wanted to be you know, a great game, a great competitive game, not necessarily guys wrestling and throwing punches. And I'm cool with the trash talking and all that, but when when things get borderline and we're throwing punches and we all on the floor and there, come.
Speaker 2: On, now, do you think do you think some of the antics went over over the line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think, you know, I think due to you know, uh, I think both teams kind of lost their emotions, you know, throughout the game, meaning every time a guy scored, you've seen guys in each other face ship they were down their head. But you know what I mean, I'm like, hey, but what it's just two teams that was competitive and just trying to impose the wheel on each other. And I just felt things kind of got a little out of hand. You think you think last and Dwight was serious? Yeah, I think, I think. And in the midst of that game, in between the lines, they really had a real fuel with each other. Uh.
Speaker 2: And you can tell everything was so physical, man, Like, let me tell y'all some chack.
Speaker 1: Y'all understand this, man, The Big Three is probably the most physical basketball that I've been a part of. Yeah, Like, it's only it's six guys out there, so you only got two other teammates who can help you, and a lot of stuff is borderline the rest.
Speaker 2: Let you get away with a lot.
Speaker 1: It's far more physical than the NBA or any other, you know, basketball league that I've ever played in. So I'll definitely give it that because I'm gonna tell you I ain't gonna lie. I felt like I got into a fight with ten men when I woke up on Sunday. That was like, I guess, it's real pure. It's a lot of bumping, grind, bruising. Like it's tough, bro, but it's fun at the same time. We all, I just love competing. You ain't gonna fall for lance antics, are you?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: I'm way too too intact for that. And then plus on top of that, man, when you got a lot of game you ain't you ain't got you gotta do all that talking trying to talk you out your game.
Speaker 4: Nah.
Speaker 1: Yeah see, And I think d White, you know what he has to understand is, you know, it takes a while to kind of really understand the three on three games, right. But just like the late great Bill Russell said, man, this game is about buckets. You gotta be able to score the basketball right period, point blank. You know we going to fifty. This ain't a time and restraint like it ain't ten minutes on the clock and you're trying.
Speaker 2: To hold the league.
Speaker 1: The hardest part of three on three, especially in the Big Three, is when you reach forty points and you try to close the team out to get fifty because God started to get a little tight. It ain't them a little comfortable shots you was taking early and making they ain't dropping no more because we didn't got in them legs. Now you're a little tired, you know what I mean, And you're able to get away with a little more as far as physic catally, physic catally and uh and kind of raftling a little bit. So it's a lot tough in what people think, cause you gotta go get the fifty. But you gotta win by two, right, you gotta win by two.
Speaker 2: Wow. So letting them ask you a question, Joe, what's the secret of dealing with the trash offer?
Speaker 1: Because I'm sure there are a lot of guys in the NBA that talk to about off or he with us self check, you know, whatever the case they make or whatever the case may be. How do you deal with that? How do you compartmentalize what Joe has to do? And while all these guys are chirping of the bench is like offshot or whatever chirping, how do you.
Speaker 2: Deal with that?
Speaker 1: You gotta go at the head. You can't sit back and let them. You can't sit back and let them chirp or let them be the aggressive offensively.
Speaker 2: Man. You gotta take it to them, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Just like just like anything, you got a guy who's being aggressive, man, you gotta take it to them. Bro, this this some type of game. It's gonna be okay, let's go, let's do it. Yeah, there are a lot of trash talking in your game on Saturday.
Speaker 2: It was a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was some trash talking, but it was mainly just good competition, you know what I mean. It wasn't like nothing overly, but you know, you can see guys kind of get rapped up after they score out they make a big play, which is pretty typical, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, But you just keep it moving. But in the Big three, is not making it take it? Is it? Nah, it ain't make it take it. It ain't make it take it. So you know, you know, Joe, Joe, that's the way we used to play one on one, make it take it. Yeah right, you ain't.
Speaker 1: You ain't even want to get the ball back exactly if it was making take it. You probably see a lot more outside of games, you know what I mean, absolutely, because that's the whole thing. That's why you gotta shoot for a nod, give me the ball, no right to you?
Speaker 2: Right right? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Back of the day we played, especially one on one. Hey, it's making take it twenty one. Yeah, I hope y'all y'all probably don't even touch the ball. Yeah, I love twenty one because it was every man for himself. Bad boy, you got the nineteen, your whole scoring bill, your hey, boy, you better hit a hero. You better he wasn't have Steph curaged because you were not gonna getting up to use it. No, son, Hey, look and then you know it twenty one you can't really call fouls. So you got eighteen nineteen you trying to go for the winning bucket. They be fouling every day. No, it ain't no found you ain't exactly.
Speaker 2: Joe. Do you think that was like when you first got into the league.
Speaker 1: Were they're more trash talking when you first got into the league or were you leaving it when I first got in. See when I first got in, I came into O one. So that's kind of you know, right after the nineties. So you still got a lot of those guys. You know, you got KG, You got KG Jared Payden, Gary Peyton talked to the refs and he the man like like they old in money gear man. Come about after some of the stuff I heard GP say the refs man, I can't believe he didn't get text like you know what I'm say. It was like conversation, but I'm like, wow, like anybody else, they gonna tee you up quick.
Speaker 2: So you had certain guys who just had that reputation and the rest knew it. They respect it.
Speaker 1: It's almost kind of like Draymond. You know, Draymond get away with a lot. You know, abs a lot of stuff he does is borderline, but he get he gets away or far more than what they catch him with, you know what I mean. Yeah, So, but back then, Graymond, he like, let me go and get it out because I know they don't want to throw me out the game. They're gonna be real here. They're gonna give me a long leash before they throw me out the game. So I'm gonna push it right up to the I will push it up to the limit. Right And if I'm doing it every game, you ain't calling it every game. You ain't gonna call it every game. So they get him every now and then. But for the most part, you know, he get away with a lot. Well, y'all got a Oh that's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 2: It is Bees.
Speaker 1: You know, Bees gonna be going at you, Joe. Oh yeah, but I'm gonna be going right back. Well, I don't know what y'all think this is.
Speaker 2: See. The thing is people say and Beesy is a hell of a player. Man.
Speaker 1: It's like, but at the same time. You gotta make him work defensively. You can't let him sit and just be comfortable, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Right? Oh yeah, it's gonna It's gonna be a damn good game. I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: Ooh, that thin Coa'll better tune in.
Speaker 2: I so Joe bs first to fifty win. It's gonna be a good one, baby.
Speaker 1: The Dallas Mavericks accidentally leaked plans for the number one draft pick on their website. With the first pick the Dallas Mavericks and the twenty twenty five NBA draft selects.
Speaker 2: Cooper flex Secret of America. Right, they ain't leaked nothing. We already knew what they were doing. Yeah, who there, y'all think? Oh, we thought y'all gonna take somebody else.
Speaker 1: I just I honestly I thought they was gonna probably trade that pick and then go get KD. But to my understanding, they keeping it. Yeah, yeah, I thought that that would you know you wanted yannest. I mean I was like, okay, hey, hey we got number one pick and uh another big but I mean, you think about it. The Lakers, I mean the Milwaukee they traded Kareem. They traded ray Allen, So trading Yannis wouldn't surprise you. Man, You can't even do you know what type of team that would be when you don't even if the Mavericks got Yannis, you, I mean, without Kyrie, you will still be I think you will still be top of the Western Conference, at least top five.
Speaker 2: With Yanni's and so and so.
Speaker 1: You say if Joannis went to the if Yannis went to the Mavericks and they had to give up Kyrie, so Jannison a D. Nah, I'm saying if you traded that Cooper flags flag, ok, and you had Jannison a D leading the charge until Kyrie man, Oh yeah for sure, yeah yeah, yea, yeah, yeah, yea yeah, yeah absolutely. I'm talking about the next year, next year or two, you you could potentially win a win a title. The bar ball continues to push the LA Clippers to quit play it and trade for LaMelo. The Clippers bring those g D boys ball boys home. Let's go get a championship and quit messing around. All you fans who won a championship back in La. Yes, a whole new arena with the ball boys. Who ain't gonna go up there and watch that show who are you giving up to go get LaMelo? Man?
Speaker 2: M h, I don't know if uh.
Speaker 1: They're not trading James Harden for it, they're not trading Kawhi and they're not trading Zubats. So you got Norman Poull, You got done. I mean I'm trying to what else?
Speaker 2: Nah man? The Hornets ain't doing that, not for not for their young townly guy.
Speaker 1: And I think the thing is maybe, look it's been proven LaMelo and Lonzo can play. I don't think Jello LeVar will have to get that one up.
Speaker 2: That that dog.
Speaker 1: He's still trying to get Jello in the league. Yeah, yeah, they said je Jello got a whole new career. Now he ain't starting there. Yeah, basketball, that man trying to come up with a hot another high single right now. He's working on him. That's a round, that's a round. He look, he done found his niche you know. Yeah, I mean, I mean to have two sons, I mean, I mean, I guess it would be great. I mean because with the holiday I think it's three holiday boys, right yeah, yeah, and they got them in there.
Speaker 2: But you know, but look, I can I can understand him one.
Speaker 1: You know, LaMelo in l A. Obviously that's his hometown. In that new arena, he'll be box office in there. But if you the Hornets, you can't do that. Yeah, he box office, but he's another one man. He got to do something with them ankles. Man, His ankle might be worse than Steph Curry's. You remember how step had ankle problems early in his career.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to try to keep him healthy, man, they got to try to find a way they might he might do. Hey, call step and see what type of brakes and stealth be wearing. Man, because Mellow Man every year is every year there's an injury going on.
Speaker 2: Just got to get him on that.
Speaker 1: Gotta get him on that mean fitness plan on get the well his dad and his dad's working with the workout Warriors. Dad played football. I mean if Jello got a body like his dad. Uh and you look at Lonzoy and Mellow they got their fan frames. They don't have that size and that like the dad had. Yeah, but they can. But I think Lamello can get like that wiry strength. I don't think he needs to get bigger, He just needs to get stronger, you know what I mean. Like we talked about the other night. You have to you have to enjoy lifting. You have to lift weights to be able to make it through an entire NBA season. If you have too many games on a night to night basis, and.
Speaker 2: It wears your body down.
Speaker 1: And if you're not fueling your body, meaning lifting weights to keep your body strong, you're ultimately gonna deal with these little knickknack injuries.
Speaker 2: That's just that's just what it is, all right, guys. I got good news, and I got bad good news. I don't know bad news. Guys. This is old show, and I's last show for three weeks.
Speaker 1: Oh hell no, We're gonna take a little vacation. Uh, we hadn't taken a vacation. I adn't taken a vacation in a while, and I need some trust me. Uh, and so I will take I will, I will take mine. I'm gonna spend my time wisely, I'm gonna go. I got a new granddaughter, so I need to go spend some time with her and my grandson.
Speaker 2: See the kids.
Speaker 1: Just get some time away because we got a busy fall season coming up.
Speaker 2: Oho.
Speaker 1: But but we got something special for you, So we're not just gonna go dark starting next So starting tomorrow, right, starting tomorrow, TJ.
Speaker 2: Whush, Mansoda.
Speaker 1: And Tyo oh yeah, oh yeah, will be will run Nightcap for the next day.
Speaker 2: Man, that's gonna be dope. Oh hell no, I'm hey.
Speaker 1: I'm starting on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, t J, Housh, Minzada.
Speaker 2: And Tyo will take over. That's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Nightcap, my man. I just vacation, but check this out. We got something, we got something coming even better than what you got for me. The following week, I sold Yoe and friends takeover. Y'd yeah, okay, I got a few people gonna stop by, yo, man, put it down while y'all don't worry about the eighth Just leave everything to me. Everything gonna be in good hand. You ain't gonna We're gonna have no problems, hear me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna see I'm gona see you one hundred dollars too, right.
Speaker 1: Oh cho, And I'll be back on July thirteenth. So oh yo, enjoy your time off man and sport, enjoy time with the family, the kids.
Speaker 2: I'm going home. I'm gonna enjoy time with my family and kids and.
Speaker 1: Get back and look forward to getting back because once we start, O Joe, you know, hey, we get back, it's gonna be there. You know, it's a training camp and then preseason and then once to see them start. You know, we don't get another break until next June. So enjoy, guys. Thank you so much, man for being so supportive. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Y'all know me.
Speaker 1: I am your favorite of Shannon Sharp, my partner and co hosts Liberty Cities Own Benga Ring of Fame, Otter read the pro Bowler, All Pro. That's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson and the third member of our team, University of Arkansas lum Arkansas, Little Rock, Arkansas native. That's I sold Joe, Joe. Thank you so much, man. We really really appreciating it's been a blast these last two months of having you on here. Man, it's been great. Corn Brad, thank you man. We really really appreciate you stopping by and breaking down the playoffs with us. We look forward to getting you on again soon. Guys, make sure you hit that Nightcap. Make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you, guys, Thank you, thank you, thank you for supporting Nightcap because we can't do anything without you. It's because of you, your eyes, word of mouth, and your ears that we've been able to grow as well as we have. All these awards that you and I have been able to win, and now that Joe is you going to be joining the team, hopefully we win even more awards because of you your support. Your continued support is greatly needed and we cannot thank you enough. Please make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. If you can't fight it any city or state near you, order it online. We'll be coming to a city or state near you, trust me. But in the meantime, you can order the online. We'll ship it directly to your door. The best taste in premium cognact on the market. Don't take my word for it, try it for yourself. I promise you you will not be disappointed. Please go check out my media company page on all of its platform Shayshed Media and my clothing Company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out. The link is pinning the chat. Supply lives are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, so please grab yours while supplies last. We have a new a first time NBA champion thanks to a one O three ninety one victory over the Indiana Pacers. The OKC Thunders four games, Indiana, three wins. The NBA Championship Shape is the MVP. He was the MVP of the regular season, he was the Western Conference MVP, he was Finals MVP. And you know you can't do much better than that. So congratulations to the OKC Thunder and their fans. Shae, Congratulations, guys, Thank you so much. O Cho and I will see you in three weeks.
Speaker 2: TJ t O holding down, joke, holding down, I got you, baby, Desire