Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a Sports Byline Broadcasting Network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike SEMPERVV.
Speaker 3: When you ready? Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it on.
Speaker 4: Let's get it Mike SEMPERVV and Filthy Tom Lawler here with you for the next hour talking about professional wrestling, which is something we do every single day here on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network. Tune in, iHeart American Forces Radio, Cable Radio Network, two, Sports Byline dot Com, all of our over theear affiliates. Maybe you're listening via podcast or streaming video on Twitch or YouTube. However you're joining us today, just like to say thank you. Hopefully wherever you are at sonny outside. If not, hopefully it's inside your mind. Hot sunny day here on my portion of Del Marva. Hopefully both the skies and the roads are clear for the boss Man, Brian Alvarez, who if you heard the Brian and Vinnie Show last night, you'd know it was just the Brian Show because Vinnie isn't Scotland and Brian isn't Oregon, and that's where he's driving back from right now. He will be home tonight to do Wrestling Observer Radio with Dave as he always does, and as he always does both, he comes through in the clutch and we got a lot to get into today. Brian's going to be here on Tuesday and Wednesday, then depart for London. I'll be here with you the rest of the week. We'll find out what Tom thinks about doing any more extra work for no money at all. But we got to get through everything that happened this weekend and is what is coming up tonight as well, which is of course Monday Night Raw. Wwe ran four consecutive days in Florida here and with tonight's Raw, they're going back to Florida Orlando specifically on December twenty eighth, and if that date sounds familiar, that's when AW World End World's End is going to be taking place in the same city, sixteen miles east, So get Tom's thoughts on that. Zach Saber Junior has won the g One Climax Tournament, which means he is ready for a match in the IWGP Championship Thattsuya and Iito currently holds that belt. I have my feelings on what should happen, plus collision and a whole lot more other news to get into as well. We'll be back Wrestling Observer alive.
Speaker 3: And here's the pit.
Speaker 5: I want to score some runs with your family. How about an all inclusive, five day, four night vacation for two adults and two children at the Ocean Spa hotel and CanCon for only six hundred ninety nine dollars includes airport, pickup, hotel, and all food and drinks, including alcohol, and you can travel anytime in the next twelve months with no blackout dates. So visit Cancoonescapes dot com slash radio to book a family vacation for four for only six hundred ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 6: Going Going Gone with cancoon Escapes dot com slash radio.
Speaker 1: Total Wireless is made to totally keep up with you.
Speaker 7: We now have a limited data that never slows you down, covered by the Verizon five G network and for less than thirty dollars a month, we make your phone your ride or die dah. Switch now and pick a free five G phone with qualified plan purchase and your fourth line at no additional cons Visit your local Total Wireless or today Total Wireless.
Speaker 2: We're totally with you. Actual speeds may vary by.
Speaker 7: Location for data management practices Seetotal Wireless dot com.
Speaker 6: Everyone watches more than five hours of television, really, and that's not counting mobile viewing. Get Dish TV and make that time worth it. With Dish you can get hundreds of channels, access to all kinds of sports, tons of movies, premium channels and more. Another thing that's really cool with Dish is you can watch most of your favorite shows on your mobile device anywhere for a lot less than cable.
Speaker 8: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 6: We are asking you to watch more TV and not less TV, but make it better television with Dish this time, anytime, anywhere. So call right now and learn how easy it is to save on your television bill and get the most out.
Speaker 2: Of your TV viewing experience.
Speaker 6: Dial that number, and I promise you were here waiting for your call, because we want to save you money and give you better television. We are Dish TV eight.
Speaker 9: Hundred two nine three oh three two eight eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight. That's eight hundred two nine three zero three twenty eight.
Speaker 10: Attention. Then here's a great way to have more fun in bed and save money. If you want to take something like viagra, they can give you a way to pay as little as two dollars a pill. As two dollars a pill, compare that to prices as high as sixty dollars per tablet. These pills work for men to improve their performance and confidence.
Speaker 9: You'll love them.
Speaker 10: And now, for the price of two or three pills, you can get fifty or more for around one hundred dollars. You'll save hundreds of dollars off retail prices. That's enough to buy your data nice dinner. Don't pay expensive prices for viagra. Call now, order fifty or more of our blue pills and pay as little as two dollars a pill and save hundreds of dollars. Call any time for confidential shipping.
Speaker 9: Call Steelman Pills now eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five, eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five. That's eight hundred nine sixty five twelve ninety five.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SEMPERVIV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the show. Mike semper vv, Filthy Tom Lawler here with you. We do this show right here for an hour at a time every single day, but if you want us twenty four to seven, you can try to find us on Twitter slash Xi'm at cemper vv, Tom is at Filthy Tom Lawler, Brian is at Brian Alvarez. The website is at won F four w and the broadcasters at Sports Byline USA. Jim Valley is here with you on Saturdays beginning at one pm Eastern time, ten am Pacific, and then andrews Arian joins you as well on Sundays at six pm Eastern three pm Pacific. This is usually where I tell you to make the wrestling news part of your day, and you should. But I'll talk about that later because I need to let you one of the many populaces of London's thirty two Burrows, or maybe you're traveling to the city of London.
Speaker 3: I'll get us what.
Speaker 4: Dave and Brian are available for your questions and salutations. On Saturday August twenty fifth, eleven am British summertime, you can join Brian and Dave over in London for Live in London to a special Wrestling Observer Radio Q and A on the historic Tattershaw Cattles Castle Tattershaw Castle steamship on the River Tims.
Speaker 3: I knew I was gonna have a problem there.
Speaker 4: They'll take all of your questions and comments and as I mentioned, salutations if you have any complaints, I guess that would be the time as well. There are both general admission and seven star VIP tickets available. They've also added more meat and greet tickets as well, which you can purchase separately. They will not get you into the Q and A though, and you probably shouldn't wait too much longer either, as last year's Live in London was sold out when there were people hanging from the rafters That's what I heard. To buy tickets and for all the information on the show, you can head on over to woh Live London dot com or go to the front page of the site and access it that way. If he has not fallen asleep over there yet, I'd like to bring on Filthy Tom Lawler filthy. We could start by talking about pro wrestling, and I think we should begin by talking about pro wrestling, and we can't spend too much time on it. But as far as I'm concerned, if two people are throwing down on a canvas matt in any form, and they are grappling in any way, and they're getting paid, it is professional wrestling, especially if they add a whole lot of bells and whistles to it.
Speaker 3: And when it comes to.
Speaker 4: The Abu Dhabi Kombat Club shows, you're telling me they don't do this, while there's another man named Craig Jones which actually brings out to money in the bank briefcases. Is this going to be the new Pancras? Is this going to be the new Pride? Is this going to be the new thing that now threatens professional wrestling?
Speaker 3: Tell me about this.
Speaker 8: I don't think we're at the level where professional grappling is going to overtake professional wrestling in any world. However, this past weekend, and I'll only take a few minutes to mention this because there were such high stakes involved, and as a fan and historian of professional wrestling, I think that this was a professional wrestling tournament put on by Craig Jones. There was certainly a professional wrestling match when Craig Jones took on Gabby Garcia and carried her for a little bit, well, he pulled guard. She was on top for a good portion, but Nikki Rod and cad Rutolo both walked away with one million dollars from those money in the bank briefcases that you mentioned. This was a new.
Speaker 3: Levels a million bucks.
Speaker 8: Yeah each. It was two day competition. It was a new level for production and pageantry and trash talk for the world of professional grappling. As this Craig Jones Invitational went head to head with the traditional world Championships, I guess you could say in submission wrestling that is the Abu Dhabi Kombat Club, which has been around for I believe about maybe thirty almost thirty years. There's been a who's who. Virtually everybody has competed in these from Brazilian jiu jitsu competitors to judo stars to UFC champions. Many of them had varying success along the way. Tito Ortiz, a former medallist which not a lot of people know about. The great Marcelo Garcia, one of the all time best competitors, Roger Gracie. The list goes on and on, but those competitions went on this weekend as well, where the best grappler in the world up until this point, Gordon Ryan, defended his Absolute Championship. He also defeated his longtime rival Felipe Payana, and he was called out by the winner of the Craig Jones Invitational, Nicki Rodriguez, Gordon Ryan's former training partner, Nicky. Nicki rod said, let's go banned for band one million. I will put up my briefcase my one million dollars right now and betted against one million dollars from you, Gordon. So I don't know if that's gonna happen, but a hallmark weekend for grappling, and as I mentioned, really really these were, especially the Craig Jones Invitational was a professional wrestling tournament that was put on.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna start a rumor here that that's why John Moxley is out right now, is because he is getting ready for this. He won his jiu jitsu deal that he had there in Ohio or wherever it was. He's training to come back as a member of the Craig Jones Invitational. Hey, which, by the way, actually let me tell you this, ask you this for real, because there are obviously we used to talk about, well if MMA was around, when pro wrestling was you know, faltering, you know, we used to ask guys, what would you do? And so we know there's a lot of guys involved in pro wrestling who do things to different degrees.
Speaker 8: Now they say a lot of guys say they would.
Speaker 4: Well, you've been in these locker rooms and you've seen guys and I'm not asking you to throw shade at anybody. If you want to, that would be great because you know it would be something they could put up on YouTube. But to you, who are some of the people that you've seen in these locker rooms who, in some form or another are really great at what they do, whether it be grappling or kickboxing or whatever. Who would filthy not want to mess with or want on his side in the fight?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean it's all the obvious people that you could think about. There's not very Yeah, well I'm talking about modern day, modern day times. There's guys like you know, Mike speed Bailey, who kicks about as hard as any man possibly could, Harry Smith, that is definitely a man I want on my side during a fight, even though I hate his absolute guts. Hoys Isaacs another tough competitor. If we're gonna consider Josh Barnett an active pro wrestler, then he would have to probably be number one on the list. But I can't really think of many people out there who are, you know, packing legitimate skills that aren't bragging about it, especially in today's day and age.
Speaker 4: Well, we will transition from that to Florida, where a lot of actual fighters live FLA Arena. I'm sure somebody's gonna be in the crowd tonight in for Lauderdale, Monday Night Raw Live USA Network. We've got four matches and two segments announced so far. Women's tag team champions Isla Don and Alba Fire defend their title in a three way match against EO Sky and Kyrie Saan and a legitimate badass SHANEA. Basler and Zoe Stark in a six man tag team match, Kofe Kingston, Xavier Woods and Odyssey Jones against Carrion Cross and the authors of Payne Shamous against Pete Dunn.
Speaker 3: That ought to be fun.
Speaker 4: Maxine Dupree against Ivy Nile in what probably won't be as fun, and CM punk has got a message for Drew McIntyre. Also, Randy Orton will be appearing. Last week, he left gunther Lang with an RKO. Something tells me that some revenge will have to be had tonight, Filthy. Let's just say with what you got there, CM Punk Drew MacIntyre got a long way to go before Bad Blood, which I would assume this match is going to be taking place at but the Indian Strap Match, the strap Match, I guess it will just be between CM punk and Drew McIntyre.
Speaker 3: Any thoughts on that?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Is it not now the Gladiator strap Match or I'm sorry the Guardian.
Speaker 3: So yes, it's the the Guardians strat Match.
Speaker 8: Yes, I blew my own joke, which is quite common here. Hopefully they don't blow this angle after getting rid of the bracelet seemingly so, that was the hottest program up until Summer Slam, so hopefully that was a good pivot away after they get it back, hopefully get it back on track. You know they will.
Speaker 4: I think they will just because of their you know, ability to speak everybody into believing everything that's been taking place and I thought it was a good thing to do at the time. Obviously, in hindsight it probably shouldn't have played so much into the Summer Slam match itself. But as far as like, you know, having something that Drew could really get under CM Punk's skin with and something we know in real life would be one of the few things that really gets under this guy's skin. Is anybody going after his woman and going after his dog. I thought it was a good thing, but thankfully they have now pivoted away from that and God and through it. We still got smacked down to get through from Friday, as well as Collision and Rampage. And yes, Zach Saber Junior has won the g One. He's got his first opponent or wanted to be the first opponent for Tessie and Nato, but Nato will be depending against somebody else. We'll get into that when we get back from break Wrestling Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Albarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 4: Back on the show, Mike semper vv Filthy Town. While they're here with you, I'd love to talk about what we were talking about during the break, because now I need to explain something filthy and I'm gonna have to wait until next break. I need to apologize. I believe I said WWE bad Blood is where cmpunk and Drew McIntyre would be strapping each other. But the reason I have bad Blood on the brain and not Bash in Berlin where that match is actually going to be taking places, because it was pointed out to me that on Saturday, October fifth, that's when Bad Blood is going to be taking place at the State Farm Arena in Atlanta, and they're listing a start time of five thirty pm, So not that that's probably going to really affect a whole lot of people out there, but is going to be starting at five thirty pm. That is what's listed on WWE dot com, assumedly because there are two Major League Baseball League Division Series Game ones which are planned for that day. The University of Georgia is playing Auburn at home that day at a time still to be announced. It will probably be in all likelihood at seven or seven thirty in Athens, and some one.
Speaker 3: Of those things filthy. It just it was kind of funny.
Speaker 4: It's doubtful that the Braves are going to go on a run and actually be that team that's at home in the league Division series. I don't even know if that's possible to happen with the way things shake out, but it's kind of amazing that it's like, you know, AW has been in some tough spots, but this is going to be as tough of a spot as WWE actually is.
Speaker 3: In really, you know at all.
Speaker 4: You know, ever, as far as this year goes, as far as the last couple of years ago, they actually are gonna have real competition from sports, which is probably gonna squeeze them that day. And by the way, UFC three to zero, what would it be? Three oh seven? I don't even know who can tell whatever number they're up to now.
Speaker 8: I watched the virtually the entire card this past week, and I couldn't tell you what number that was. Three toho five maybe.
Speaker 3: Not a clue, not a clue. But about DDP I was.
Speaker 8: It was a fantastic fight.
Speaker 4: So there you go, everybody, if you need to adjust your schedules, adjust him accordingly. I have a feeling collision, Just don't air collision that day. That's probably going to be the best for them too. With the rest of college football also taking place. Or rewinded back to Friday for SmackDown in Orlando and the show. The biggest thing from the show was the end, which was Solo Soca demanding to be acknowledged and the crowd started chanting OTC, so they have gotten that one over. He said he doesn't care if the fans acknowledge him. Only one man does and that's Roman Reigns, who made his way to the ring. They started exchanging punches once again. Solo gets beat up. Roman hit a Superman punch and then got jumped by Tamatanga. They both beat on Roman until he turned the tables, hit another Superman punch and his spear on Solo. The crowd chanted OTC again. Roman then spotted his ulafalla. He picked it up, seemed to orgasm once he did put it on, the crowd chanting. His music played, and then he got murked by Jacob Fatu, wearing a leg brace his walking boot.
Speaker 3: Fatu killed him for a while and then they all power bombed him through the announcer's table, and the show closed with Solo, Tama and Fatu all posing over Rains's body. The other notable things from the show of the Street Profits became the number one contenders to the Bloodlines tag team title by defeating Gargano and Shampa Meetchen is going to get the next shot at women's champion Naya Jacks. That came after she ruined Nia's championship celebration when she hit the ring with a kendo's stick and destroyed pretty deadly Tiffany Stratton and Nya herself. Before that happened, Nia was trying to get Tiffany Stratton to bow down to her, so we may be getting Tiffany Stratton babyface sooner rather than later. La Knight also cut a promo warning Santhos Escobari's going to quote knock his turo in the dirt end quote next week when they meet for the United States title, and Carmelo Hayes finally got a win against Androde when he sat down on a sunset flip attempt and got the pin. After the match to two brawled until the referees broke them up, and Dorotte now leads their unofficial Best of Whatever series two to one. Yeah, well, you satisfied, dare Tom with what you heard about SmackDown.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's a few things I think Mishin over the past month or so, they've done a great job getting her over and seemingly the only thing that changed in her act is adding in this kendo stick. So the fans, if nothing else is true, they always love not only a good table, but a good kendo stick or Singapore cane, and Mishin has done a great job, so I'm very happy to see her use more prominently and getting this next title shot at Naya Jacks. As we talked about on Friday, for those long time listeners of ours, Carmelo, Hayes and Andrade have been lighting it up on SmackDown when given the chance. This past Friday no different. Based on what I saw and Roman Reigns comes out, I'd like to say I was a couple of weeks ago I was wrong. I didn't think there'd be much movement in the way of Roman Reigns. I thought maybe he'd come out and there would be no interaction, or at least no physical interaction between him and the rest of the Bloodline. But we got a fight right off the bat, and this week we could escalated even more as Roman Reigns got beat up, he showed vulnerability three against one. He got taken out to end the show. So this isn't like the old days of Hulk Hogan and the Warrior just running a rough shot beating everybody, stone cold, beating people up to and the show Roman Reigns got laid out. And I guarantee, I guarantee this crowd we chan otc even louder come Friday.
Speaker 3: And that was a loud ask credinal Lando. They were really loud, and they were a really, really good crowd.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of people want to jump to Roman and Jacob Fatu. I get it because you want to see that rather than Solo, But look Solo's the final boss of this particular thing, and I can't wait to see Forget about Fatoo for a minute. I want to see Roman Reigns in Tamatanga because I think a lot of people now have realized who maybe either forgot about him, didn't know about him because he was in New Japan, maybe took him for granted because he was in New Japan for so long. He's really showing out. As much as people like to poke fun at Tangaloa, really Tamatanga. This is the time for him to step up this. He's in his forties. This was gonna be his big chance. He has taken the ball and absolutely ran with it. At some point down the line, I would love to see him against Rains. Now, Tom, you are a former denizen of the city of Orlando.
Speaker 3: Correct, that is true.
Speaker 8: I lived there for ten years.
Speaker 4: At the show on Friday, WWE announced that they would be back in Orlando at the Kia Center on Saturday, December twenty eighth, which is the same night Aw's running World's End sixteen miles east at Addition Financial Arena. Deliciously petty. In fact, I wrote that on Twitter, I can appreciate the pettiness, but WWE running a house show head up with World's End also street seems extremely masturbatory. I had somebody from WWE, what do you big mad about this? I'm not mad about this. I'm just stating a fact here. It is deliciously petty and you they can do what they want, but it's also extremely masturbatory, because is this really gonna hurt AW? If you were not going to the AW show, you know, I guess this gave you a chance to do something that night. But I would think anybody that is an AW fan looks at this and just it can only help to me, you know, because it lobs another sal vote those guys and goes, Okay, well, fine, screw you, I'm gonna go out to the show. I just don't see how this actually hurts AW at all. I don't see how it helps WWE. But it does allow them the opportunity to, as I said, pull it out, lay it out, and just you know, have fun at aw's expense. What do you think about this piece of counter programming.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean they're likely with traffic you're looking at probably thirty minutes, I would say between the two places. One of them is on the campus of UCF. The addition, financial Arena is on campus at uc Yeah, which is yeah, you know, it was about thirty minutes back when I lived there, and traffic's only gotten worse since then. That's a ten thousand see arena. I don't know what AW will have it, you know, laid out for, but I would I mean, these WWA holiday shows, these ww holiday shows do pretty well, don't they.
Speaker 3: They look they do.
Speaker 4: And what was pointed out to me too was they did this show in Orlando the same way they do them for the Garden. Obviously, the Garden has got the tradition and they will be there on Boxing Day on the twenty six. But it's not like Orlando hasn't had this show. But with that said, it's not like it's such a tradition there where. You couldn't have held it somewhere else in Florida. You could have held it anywhere and sold out and made money. They just decided to do it again there.
Speaker 8: Well, whose headquarters are in Orlando? Is it AW or is a WW? So?
Speaker 3: I mean, oh wait, that was a long time ago.
Speaker 8: If you want to look at it like that, isn't ae W the one invading their territory during the holiday season now, I mean really exactly realistically, that's not the case. I don't want people thinking that. I mean, these places are two hours apart. There's a million wrestlers that live in Florida.
Speaker 4: I think, I don't know, maybe maybe an underestimation.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I want to see both both shows, do okay?
Speaker 4: I you know, and I think The World's End I think is going to do what it does. I just think, you know, he again, people there w W, They're going to.
Speaker 8: Go like before we go, right, school is going to be out of out of session, so you're looking at not having all these students in the addition financial arena, so plus one maybe wwe.
Speaker 3: Hopefully they got a good deal on the building. We'll see. It's something to talk about and nothing wrong with that because dy clothes.
Speaker 11: An IBM study found that fan engagement and consumption of sports is shifting, revealing new opportunities for technology integrations, including artificial intelligence. International sports fans surveyed are optimistic about the impact of technologies like AI. Real time updates and personalized bite sized content rank as top priorities for fans when it comes to how generative AI can enhance following and engaging with sports events. While sixty four percent of surveyed fans said TV is their top choice for watching sports, they are increasingly using multiple devices to follow sporting events. Younger fans between the ages of eighteen and twenty nine may be reshaping how consumers experience sports content, engaging with content via multiple screens, and ranking personalized content as their top priority. Fans worldwide are continuing to embrace platforms and solutions that allow them to feel more connected and informed on their favorite athletes and sporting events. IBM's new study confirms this now includes embracing technologies like AI to deliver these experiences. Visit www dot IBM dot com for more information. Sponsored by IBM.
Speaker 12: Keep listening for a free virus protection offer. Protect your computer from crashing and online scams. According to National research, one third of all computers are infected with some sort of computer malware and one third of you have been a victim of online fraud. Protect yourself now with my Computer Works. We're an eighteen year old US based company with a four point eight Google rating. We've helped your neighbors protect their computers for almost twenty years, and now you two can be protected for less than one dollar a day. Get your total PC home support right now. Call our US based specialist right now and learn about our free offer, and remember, if we can help you, our services cost you nothing, so call right now.
Speaker 9: Eight hundred three five two seven six one eight eight hundred three five two seven six one eight eight hundred three five two seven six one eight y three five two seventy six eighteen.
Speaker 13: Has someone in your family lost a job recently and now you can't afford your mortgage payment, or do you have a rental property and your tenants aren't paying you. Quick Cash Offer can come to the rescue and pay you cash for your home immediately. Yes, sell your home and get cash all over the phone, without dealing with real estate agents and risking your safety by showing your home to lukewarm buyers. You don't need to lose your home to foreclosure. If you have any equity in your home, we will buy it and give you cash within days, all in a simple over the phone and virtual process. Call Quick Cash Offer now before the economy gets worse. Sell a home you can't afford or just don't want to get the cash you need today.
Speaker 9: Eight hundred seven eight eight one four nine five, eight hundred seven eight eight one four eight hundred seven eight eight one four nine five. That's eight hundred seven eight eight four fourteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer live on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 4: Back on the show, Mike Simper, maybe filthy Tom Lawler, that son of a bitch set me up, producer Dom set me up.
Speaker 3: It's true, that's what happened.
Speaker 4: I didn't miss my time, Okay, didn't go over break Okay, it's not something that I would do.
Speaker 3: It's a very.
Speaker 4: Aw thing to do. Speaking of that aw collision on Saturday went overtime, we'll get to that. The main event ended exactly the way everyone thought it would. Not the finish maybe, but the result time limit draw between FTR and the Acclaimed.
Speaker 3: But Tony Shavani had.
Speaker 4: To speed through this like it was nineteen eighty six and he was doing the WTBS World Championship Wrestling Tour spots because the show went a few minutes long, and he said he got word from Tony Kahan that both teams would be challenging the Young Bucks at all.
Speaker 3: In absolutely no surprise there whatsoever. Britt Baker opened the show by defeating Harley Cameron. Brian has already lamented this entire deal for subscribers on two shows, and I can almost guarantee you if it comes up he will tomorrow as well. When we preview Wednesday's Dynamite, they did not announce Baker being on the show until Friday on Rampage. And regardless of what you think about her, she's one of their brightest stars and you need to leave, you know, have some kind of forward looking as far as being able to plan out what TVs these folks are going to be on. With the situation you're in right now, you're staring down the barrel of football on top of it, like if you have somebody MJF is going to be on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Britt Baker Orange Cast John Moxley. I don't know who their biggest movers or biggest names are or what the perception is, but like those people, I would think Britt Baker's one of them. He kind of got to advertise that, so I get it. Opened the show by defeating Harley Cameron. But what really got to Brian was afterwards when Mercedes and Camille came down to the ring. Britt grab grabbed a kendo stick, and Tom not as good with the kendo stick as mishin is, Britt snuck up behind Mercedes, got the lockjaw on her last week. That probably should have been the angle this week, because instead she challenges and runs after, grabs her kendo stick, goes after Mercedes and Camille, gets stopped by Camille, who took the stick, broke it over her knee, big gave her a big boot later out threw her into the ring. Later out there as well too. It just felt like at least this angle should have been last Wednesday, and the angle on Wednesday where Britt got Mercedes and got the lockjaw, Honor and Camille needed to save her from it, that probably should have been on Saturday. But any thoughts on Britt getting laid out so badly here leading into this match at Wembley.
Speaker 8: I mean my only thought is that doesn't she have a role in Cobra Kai? Should she be better with these this weapons fighting the kobudo Kobudo.
Speaker 4: Dustin Rhodes and Sammy Gevara are your new ROH World Tag Team Champions b Mike Bennett and Matt Tavin. Dustin's now a double champion along with being the ROH World six man Tag Team Champions with the Von Eric Boys. This was crazy and overbooked, but in a good way, and if it wasn't done so much, it would probably mean a lot more to Gates Agony were out there the conglomeration Roderick Strong got involved, so at the end of the day, Dustin Rhodes and Sammy are your ROH Tag Team Champions. There was also an Eddie Kingston promo which was really good on whether or night. Brian Danielson's head and heart were really into facing swor of Strickland. If you why are you doing this? If this isn't who you are, and you better step up and lose patna and show it because if not, then that means you ain't got it anymore. It was a really great promo from Kingston, but it also probably should have been on about a week or so ago before Brian has been you know, instilled with all of this spirit through his battles with Jeff Jarrett Eddie.
Speaker 8: Kingston looked like he was about one step away from starting a male explosives to people from the woods.
Speaker 3: He's kicked the beard is very good. He's got that kind of time.
Speaker 8: Forget power bomb, and he looked like he was about to be unibombing.
Speaker 4: Hey, all right, look we finally gotten an explanation for well Osprey not wanting to use the Tiger Driver ninety one and Dave was on with Brian on Wrestling Observer Radios and a lot of people have mocked the angle, yeah, because it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: Wrestling moves her. You know, pile drivers hurt.
Speaker 4: Brainbusters inferior are supposed to jam your neck in your back. What makes this such a big deal. Well, finally we got the reason that it's been such a big deal to will Ospray. This is another thing that they probably should have brought up a long time ago.
Speaker 3: What wasn't wrong but because Massawa A lot of it revolved around Mitsuhara Masala, and they showed footage of him from Noah and how he would break out the move but was always very hesitant to do so, only pulling it out in the big matches, in the big moments when he absolutely needed to and there was no other way to do it. But you know, even though they did not flat out say it, they also kind of you know, they noted that Massawa died and you know, you'd have to go back and obviously he didn't die because of that move, but you know, it played into will Ospray's concern over ever whinting to do this move to someone and hurt them in the same way that he allegedly did to catch Omega and Brian Danielson. I accept it just something that probably should have happened a long time ago. Again, the issue with him not wanting to use it, that's fine, It's just why it took this long to get there. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Jack Perry defeated Daniel O'Ryan in like a minute, put him in a body bag, and long story short, he now has a blacked out version of the TNT title. They should have went like full Sickos Committee and beviled it or something like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Long story short.
Speaker 4: When it comes to the Trios title, Christopher Daniels announced that the Patriarchy, Bang Bang Gang and House of Black will now face off against some other team that will be decided on Wednesday, and the match that they have at Wembley Stadium is now a London Ladders match, so possibly the Death Triangle is their last raw here.
Speaker 3: What do you think so?
Speaker 8: No, I don't think so. I think it's the trio that everyoney has been waiting for. People have been clamoring for this over the past few weeks. I think it's gonna be aj Big Justice and the Rizzler. Really really do I really think that? No, but it was worth it to get that joke out there on the air.
Speaker 4: Tell you what, No, I think it'll be, even though I don't know if it will be them or not. How about Top Flight in action Andretti with your flight attendant Laylah Gray at ringside. They're good in London ladder matches. They can take the big bumps that all christ Let me.
Speaker 8: Tell you, Mike, she has never once been my flight attendant. I can assure you that much.
Speaker 3: Would you like her to be?
Speaker 8: I mean if she provides adequate service based on the purchase of the ticket.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hologram also beat Angelico to make it five wins in a row, which they noted. Claudio beat Leo Rush in a really fun match in Mariah May defeated London d Or very quick. Tony Storm then cut a video promo which led to Mariah May then beating Dior down with the shoe after the match. Aw's Go Home Dynamite is on Wednesday in Cardiff, Wales. Here's what's been announced so far. The multi team trios match to decide who moves on to Wembley. He got that, you also got the Continental Championship. Kazuchka Okada against Claudio Cashignoli. Just feels to me that there is going to be another shoe that is going to drop during this match. It just seems so odd that they're doing this one at Wales. And not doing it at Wembley thought okay, well, maybe he's just gonna do something to Claudio which causes Moxley to come back. Brian doesn't think that that's the case. Doesn't believe he's going to be all in or all out. We just got to see what goes on. AW World Women's Champion Tony Storm will defend against Soirea in a match that was set up on Friday. Storm gifted Sorea the match because it was her birthday and they'll both be in the UK. And yeah, why they didn't loop Sirea and Harley into a thing with Tony and Mariah like a week ago to set this up?
Speaker 3: I have no idea because it makes no sense.
Speaker 4: Really with Tony's crazed character that she has that why she would have anything other than Mariah May on her mind?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Chris Jericho challenged Tommy Billington that was announced on Collision, and then MJF and Will Osprey will have a face to face leading into their match at Wembley. NXT is tomorrow night. Here's the lineup as it stands so far. NXT Championship Number one Contenders match Wes Lee against Pete Dunn and Joe Hendry NXT Women's Championship Number one Contenders Gauntlet match Jada Parker Carmen Petrovic or Petrovitch. I'm sorry, a lot of years of Marco Crow, cup Ren Sinclaire Kendall, Gray Soul, Ruka, Adrian Rizzo, Luke Allos, and Carl Anderson against Hank Walker and Tank Ledger, Lola Ice against Wendy chu Ashwanda the Adonis against Dion Lennox. For all of the women and Chase U has their title celebration.
Speaker 8: Give me a.
Speaker 4: Reason it should be anybody other than Jada Parker that wins that Number one contendership because she's been great.
Speaker 8: Based on the where you read the card, I thought you said that Carl Anderson and Luke Gallows were also in that Battle Royal, and I thought, well, nothing would make me happier.
Speaker 3: That's hanging out with the good Styes, Doc.
Speaker 8: Gallows gett a n XC Woman's Championship match.
Speaker 3: Who body slam Doc Gallows? Who was that? Who was the women the women's wrestler that that slam Gallows? Because that was I can't remember who it was.
Speaker 8: I remember behind the scenes or publicly no public.
Speaker 3: In the ring during an actual match at an event can't answer riho ripley. Somebody said Rhareptley and that makes all the sense in the world.
Speaker 8: So yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, by the way, say obafem and Tony D'Angelo have to be doing something on this show, just because they interacted twice last week trying to show each other up. And I gotta be honest, I really like the idea of that being a match for Obafemi's North American title, him and Tony di'angelo, and now that Dangelo doesn't have the Heritage Cup anymore, could probably come to pass. But I also want to come to pass Tom and you got to hear me out here, Okay, I'm serious. Zach Saber Junior won the g One. Afterwards, Saber said that he's not waiting until the Tokyo Dome. He said he wanted this title match asap so he could win it and defend it when New Japan goes to London for Royal Quest four on August twentieth. Now he's not going to get that, but I believe things are setting themselves up for Tetsuya and Iaido to drop the ISWGP title sooner rather than later okay So at the next New Japan show on September twenty ninth, Destruction in Kobe, Nayato is going to defend his title against the great o'conn, who did defeat him during the g One. O'conn was more serious during the g one. They made sure to point that out. All the comedy was pretty much out the window. They gave him a story. He lost his first four.
Speaker 3: And then went on to win his next five, including Nito, and got him into the playoffs. He then lost a second time to Shingo in the semifinal, who went on to lose the Saber. How about o'con defeats Nayato in the match on September twenty ninth, then loses to Zach Saber Junior at the King of Pearl Wrestling show in October, and that opens up what member of l ij is going to face Zach Saber Junior at the Tokyo Dome. What do you think about that scenario at some drama at least with Suji, Shingo, and Nito all battling with each other and all having a stake trying to go after the title.
Speaker 8: So you think Okan defeats Nito.
Speaker 3: Here's why why not? Why not? They did it with Shinya Makabe when he became Togi Makabe. If you're gonna do something with Okan, now's the time him winning the title. Sure it will be a short reign, it'll be obviously transitional, but it can give him something if they build up behind it, and they need everything that they can get right now, especially uma O and now Ua Mura are also hurt. Gives you some drama leading into it, right maybe?
Speaker 8: I mean, hey, drama for sure. That one caught me off guard.
Speaker 2: Bike.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna have to think about that one, but I'm not opposed to it. Sounds good to me. I'm a big Oka guy.
Speaker 3: Were you a big Omarian guy? Now we will be back rustling Observer Alive.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper viv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Back on the show, you know, this is a weekend at Bernie shirt. It's guilty just called my shirt. It was a you've dragged my just just through this entire show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that joke was low, Max.
Speaker 3: You got anything else to add today?
Speaker 8: Nothing of value? I can assure you that if you want to talk about I mean, if you want to talk about something, I will say because we touched out a little bit earlier that the UFC over this past weekend was great. There was a lot of trash talk going into the show, a lot of talk about who was gonna be the real African Champion, And at the end of the day, they both agreed after the fight that no matter what African.
Speaker 3: Champion, don't say it. Don't say it.
Speaker 8: Who Marcus Garvey, Yeah, take that one, Bud.
Speaker 3: I'll be damn Look at you. Look at that. Look Mina shark Kala. Do you want to mention?
Speaker 8: DDP walked out the champion, go watch it.
Speaker 3: Already heard that Mina shar Kala and a Knako against the Tricia Dora and Viva Van is now the match for Capitol Collision. It's a kickoff match.
Speaker 4: They're giving away three mina to everybody before the show, trying to trying to get them to order the show. Should they not then announce during the pre show that she is also going to be on the show with a partner, jumping into your match alongside Fred Rosser against Boys and Darrell.
Speaker 8: They're going down, brother. Sorry, I was checking my messages. Old Lance storm was digging into us. We can't escape it, Mike, No matter what you, neither I nor the listeners can escape the beaten at the hands of Lance and Brian Ugh.
Speaker 3: Absolutely deserved, absolutely deserved.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what the exact complaint is, but yeah, it's probably my fault, Filthy. I want to thank you for joining me today. I want to thank producer Dom, I want to thank producer Jared. I want to thank whoever was on the clock today screwed me all up, and all of you out there for watching and listening.
Speaker 3: We shall talk to you again after a while.
Speaker 1: You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network