Speaker 1: Hey, you found the Second Date podcast. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Finally it's pretty easy.
Speaker 1: Actually, thanks for being here. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 3: And hey, just a reminder if you want to endure or punish yourself for forty five more minutes, we've got a full show.
Speaker 1: Whole hour long. Dare you to try it at the Brook and Jeffrey feed.
Speaker 3: But for now we'll get into some questionable relationship advice Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Updates.
Speaker 2: What happens if you're on the apps and you recognize someone from your past. Oh, you just wipe just in case the second you match.
Speaker 1: You unmatchine what type of someone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, point, maybe someone you had a crush on before.
Speaker 1: Oh, then that's good, right, And then you want that like.
Speaker 2: Your friend's former step mom or Alexis's old gym teacher.
Speaker 1: But don't remember the being hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's never stopped you before. But for our listener Nathan, it was someone from a while ago and he decided to go for it. Okay, So Nathan, welcome to the show. Who did you recognize on the apps?
Speaker 4: So? I recognized a girl that I had taken a class with like a couple of years back in college.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's pretty normal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you like know her but you don't know her. Yeah, well, how big is this class that we're talking about, like a huge like college court, giant courts, or like a small one.
Speaker 4: Good, it was like a big lecture. So it was like a class of like two hundred people.
Speaker 3: So there's no wait, did you have interactions with her in this class or did you just stare at her from afar?
Speaker 4: I always like saw her and I noticed her, like she really just stood out, but I never actually spoke to her.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's her name? Trish?
Speaker 1: Trish?
Speaker 3: And did you tell Trish right away on the app that you knew her, because if you'd never talked to her before, that.
Speaker 4: Might be No, I didn't. I didn't mention it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't think she.
Speaker 4: Would recognize me, and I didn't want to sound like creepy, so.
Speaker 2: You have to bring it up sometime.
Speaker 4: Well, at some point I was landing on just like making it like, oh, did you take this class.
Speaker 1: Or like what you were in that class too?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you do look familiar, you know, like one of those things.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, so if you didn't mention that you recognized her, how did you initiate conversation?
Speaker 4: So in her bio on on Hinge, she had a line that like really made me laugh and said something like, hello sharks, I'm seeking frivolous amounts of flirting and fun spontaneous states in exchange for a small negotiated percentage of my heart.
Speaker 3: I see, Okay, I was waiting for like a fish pund at some point.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Okay, yeah, I didn't get that.
Speaker 4: I watched enough of those Shark Tank presentations and exactly what you was talking about.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So what was your pitch?
Speaker 4: So my offer was endless amounts of flirting and witty banner in exchange for five percent of your heart. Offer expires at midnight.
Speaker 2: Whoa, Yeah, it's a low commitment.
Speaker 1: Sounds like an offer she couldn't refuse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a big offer and not a lot of commitment required, but there was a time limit on it.
Speaker 1: That's so cute.
Speaker 2: When did you get a message back?
Speaker 4: It was eleven fifty seven, and I think she did it on purpose.
Speaker 2: She made the deadline, but she was trying to purposely make you wake sweat a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really funny. Yeah, where'd you guys, go on your date.
Speaker 4: So we ended up going to a baseball game because we talked a lot about sports and stuff before we met up.
Speaker 1: That's such a great date. I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you didn't do it to me. It's like love stake, like a public place. There's a lot of fun. But it's easy, you know, it's an easy thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, how the game go?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean it was I thought it was good. But when I picked her up, she seemed like a little like off. I was like, well, I didn't know what was wrong, Like it's just something was wrong, and she was like, oh, yeah, we just have to hurry. I want to see the whole game. I don't want to get there late.
Speaker 1: Really picking her up then, like is that what, because that'd be annoying.
Speaker 4: No, I wasn't late. I mean there was just more traffic than I thought. We could have been there on time, but.
Speaker 1: It was just, you know, did her mood ever lighten?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I mean I offered to buy her food and she didn't really want anything. And at some point she was like, when's the seventh inning stretch? And I looked at her.
Speaker 2: I'm like, uh, maybe she's not as big of a baseball pan as we thought.
Speaker 4: She just seemed to be like not having a good time. She was kind of bored. I don't think she realized that baseball is just kind of watching people staying around most of the.
Speaker 1: Time probed it.
Speaker 2: But it was the game itself, like not an exciting game.
Speaker 4: I mean, I thought it was good, but as a first day you'd think it was to me. I mean, yeah, I went to see the game, but I wanted to just hang out with her. I mean that was the whole point.
Speaker 2: So it didn't start good. It didn't seem to go super well, and it didn't seem to end very well.
Speaker 1: Maybe we didn't to hear about the end. How did it end?
Speaker 2: How'd you leave each other?
Speaker 4: Well? I don't know. Like we went back to the car again, there was traffic going home which was not playing, you know, outside my control, and she just seemed bothered. I mean we talked a little bit, but nothing you know, too crazy, like the opening shark tank introduction that we had and the chemistry kind of it seemed like it kind of fizzled out a little bit. And now she's just not responding to me.
Speaker 1: Why do you want to call her?
Speaker 4: I did something wrong. I want to take responsibility, Like I don't know if it was me or if it was her. It was just day, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It seems reasonable enough. Of Plus, it's like a girl that you kind of had a crush on years ago, Like oh, yes, you don't want this to be the end of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I made this whole time, and it's like, oh wow, it was almost like meant to be that I ended up matching with her, and now it's like just totally fizzled out. And do you think maybe she recognized me during the date and like, oh is that weird? From my clouds?
Speaker 2: The one that always stared at me across the lecture hall and Drew little hazy.
Speaker 4: I'm like stalking her now because she like found out that I don't know, but you.
Speaker 2: Never talked to her back then, right, it never did anything weird to her.
Speaker 3: So except for his and her name together in his paper, right you did that?
Speaker 2: Right now? Where we're going to find out when we come back and we call Trish and we finally reveal that her long lost crush from college is the one that took her to the baseball game.
Speaker 4: We're going to reveal that, Please don't bring that up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, you up. I'll let you delivered the message when we do it. In your second date update right after this.
Speaker 3: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 2: Going to a ball game is a great idea for a first date, Yeah for sure, even if it wasn't necessarily Nathan's idea. His date was the one that was adamant that they go to one together.
Speaker 1: So it's even better because then you know she likes it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why it's so odd that their interaction was so off from the minute that he picked her up. Nathan said, she just seemed to be in a bad mood.
Speaker 1: She didn't even want the food. She turned him down.
Speaker 3: That man.
Speaker 2: Brook almost wanted to slap her off on Nathan's behalf.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I'll eat your hot dog if you're going.
Speaker 2: To Look, it didn't really improve the entire game no matter what they did. Yeah, it seemed like Tris just couldn't get out of her funk. And now she's not even talking to him. So what's going on? Nathan needs to find out for his old college crush.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: Have you we didn't ask, like, how many times have you contacted her post date.
Speaker 4: I sent her a couple of texts and I left her a voicemail and that was haven't heard back.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm really hoping what we call her, she's in a better mood.
Speaker 2: I'm just hoping that it's all sunshine and butterflies, a total misunderstanding. Let's find out. We're gonna dial her number. Butterflies. Yeah, okay, yeah, okay, let's just dollar number. Here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hey, is this Trish who's calling?
Speaker 1: Maybe she's just a short person.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, Trish, this is a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. We're really sorry. Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: We're lay because just because of a conversation we just had, Trish.
Speaker 2: That's all We hope you're having a good day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you sorry?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's just get to it. We're a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we do a segment here called the Second Date Update, and it's something where we're trying to help out one of our listeners, a guy that seemed pretty cool when we talked to him, and you went on a date recently with him. His name's Nathan.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, did.
Speaker 2: You just did you get something in your throat.
Speaker 3: I backed him that.
Speaker 2: That was in response to Nathan, Well.
Speaker 1: Again a second one.
Speaker 3: Let's let's slow down a little bit, because he seemed lovely.
Speaker 2: At least when we spoke to him.
Speaker 5: He was fine. It was fine, okay, just fine.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: He told us about the fun interaction the shark tank humor you guys had on the app when you first met.
Speaker 5: That was like a highlight, right, Yeah, that was very clever.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, that's good. So the goal of this segment is to try and help Nathan figure out if there's a reason there hasn't been a second date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like where you went from clever to like that.
Speaker 2: And we're kind of invested in this because we heard the story of the baseball game and you guys hanging out. We're just cre how it was for you.
Speaker 5: Look, I'll probably never see him again, so I don't like telling you I was. I was just a little bit frustrated.
Speaker 1: What were you frustrated by?
Speaker 5: Well, I wanted to get there for the national anthem and we missed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was traffic, right.
Speaker 3: He said that he didn't expect traffic from your house to the stadium.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, whatever it wasn't It wasn't his fault.
Speaker 4: It's not that.
Speaker 2: But so the national anthem is really it's an important for you.
Speaker 3: I mean everybody has a tradition at a ballpark, right like when you want to get there, how do you enjoy the game?
Speaker 5: No, I had nothing to do with that. I mean it was important for me to get there because on a dating app and all the pictures he has his hat on, and I just wanted to see him without, okay, And so I was like, I don't want to tell him why. So I was like, okay, so we'll just get there for the national anthem, he'll take his hat off, and then we missed it.
Speaker 1: That's so smart.
Speaker 2: Do you have to take off his hat put it over? So that was just to figure out what his hairline is?
Speaker 5: That is really yeah, And so I like, I just want to see what to expect with that hat.
Speaker 1: Why is the hairline important? Wait? Hold on, no, no, no, not hairline. But people look so different with a hat. It's like when we all wear masks in COVID. You look so different with it on and off.
Speaker 5: Like totally.
Speaker 3: So you were angry that you miss a national anthem because you didn't know what his head looked like.
Speaker 5: Right, It's just like, don't you want to know what somebody looks like? Like completely, you could.
Speaker 3: Have pulled that obnoxious girl, I'm gonna steal your hat?
Speaker 5: Move so drunk, it's so obnoxious. And I was like, I don't want to want I don't want to be rude. Right, So I was like, Okay, how about for maybe they take their hats off for this seventh inning stretch? Right? I mean, like, don't answer like the stand up and like do stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think the hat is part of the for you sound like a true baseball fan, the boy that we picked.
Speaker 3: The baseball game only for the national anthem?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so do you do? You you enjoy baseball itself?
Speaker 4: Not really?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, this is like so dumb to me. Were you attracted to him with his hat on?
Speaker 5: Yeah? It was very cute with a hat on. But if I'm going to marry somebody, they can't wear a hat twenty four to seven, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's crazy that you would just give up on the idea after not seeing him with his hat off, Like you could get together one more time and there would be an opportunity there, Yeah, but a nice restaurant or take him through TSA at the airport. Take your hat off.
Speaker 5: Little Soon do you realize that you weren't like very fun during the.
Speaker 3: Baseball game, Like he said, it felt like you were angry the whole time.
Speaker 5: I was just pissed at myself. And then the fact that it was forever, and you know, it's like when it's like you want to ask something, but then it keeps going forever and so you end up not asking because it's.
Speaker 2: Just I know exactly what that feeling is like, because I've been waiting forever to tell you that Nathan is on the other line kind of this phone call listening. I wanted to talk to you. Careful, don't turn on too much.
Speaker 5: That is just embarrassing and I'm really dumb.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if he's still there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm just totally in shock, Like I I don't even know how to respond, like what, Yeah, this is just the strangest thing I've ever heard. Why didn't you just ask me?
Speaker 5: I could like they want to seem so superficial that I would be like, well, I would date you if you look one way without a hat and not with another way, So it just became like a thing I started to get into my head. And then it was just like I was putting on this pressure on myself and on you, and it was just like and I thought baseball game would be more fun and then it wasn't, and I was just kicking forever, and like when we're stuck in traffic and I don't know what to do, and it was.
Speaker 4: Just like, yeah, why have you been like ghosting me? Like we had a good conversation and just because you didn't get to see my head, Like honestly, we could have like come back to mind place if we had a good time, and we could have had a romantic dinner and you could have gotten some whole head or something.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Did you just say you could have gotten some whole head A vision?
Speaker 1: I like it. You're kind of at tease. That's good. You want to see it.
Speaker 2: No, you don't get I mean, if you're still curious, there is sounds like a window of opportunity to make that happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know how I feel about whole head.
Speaker 1: That's what you've been asking.
Speaker 2: It's the whole goal.
Speaker 1: And wait, do you care if he's bald? Is that an emphasis for you? Because if it's receding, I'm.
Speaker 5: Like a guy with a head of hair. I mean that might be superficial, but I mean I do prefer that.
Speaker 1: You can't predict how that's going to end up. Just going to let you know.
Speaker 2: But you still have a chance to actually see him in person one more time and get another shot to peak at.
Speaker 1: His dome if he still wants to even go out with you.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. Nathan, are you turned off by this totally or are you still willing to give Tricia chance.
Speaker 4: I'm very confused. I wouldn't say I'm turned off. I'm a little bit confused why you went this particular route to try to accomplish this. I would be open to a non hat date, but I wish you would have just told me that in your Shark Tank requirements because it wasn't really listed.
Speaker 1: Okay, when he made the deal.
Speaker 4: We might we might have to renegotiate because I'm not sure if I'm going to fully commit. I did at least ten percent of your heart. If you want to see me without a hat.
Speaker 2: Oh, hearts are on the table there.
Speaker 5: Trisha, he's a hard negotiator, and so we're.
Speaker 2: Just going to throw it out there. If you're willing to meet up with Nate one more time, we would pay for that date. Whatever happens, and then oh you're in.
Speaker 1: Oh look at that.
Speaker 2: Okay, looks like a deal has been struck. In exchange for ten percent of Trisha's heart, Nathan will show up and s one hundred percent of his head.
Speaker 1: That was an intense negotiation.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. I'm so looking forward to a.
Speaker 3: Trick maybe if she asked for the pants off cease negotiations.
Speaker 2: Okay, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Man, what a deal. We just struck ten percent of her heart for one hundred percent of his head. Yeah, I mean I think he got the bad end of the deal.
Speaker 3: If a guy was upset that I didn't like take off my coat the entire date or something, I would not go back out with him.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Why that guy is so cool with it.
Speaker 2: He's got a good head of hair under there.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't want to tell him, but if he is like in the middle of a receding hairline, he should just shave it. All right, now, this is a good time, so he hit that reset button. This whole thing does make me curious though, to think about, Brooke, if you had a heart, how much would you be willing to give to your husband.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll give him all of it. But all those idiots that I dated.
Speaker 3: Before, they got less than one percent and then I took it back if I was done with them.
Speaker 2: Okay, same question with the Head. What they never even got to mention Nathan in his crush in college. So I wonder if that's going to come up during their next meetup.
Speaker 1: I hope not. I think that's more of a like three months in conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe we'll find out down the road in an update. Update. We'll see. And if you're new to the show, we do do those all the time. You can hear them on our podcast do do Rook and Jeffrey in the Morning where we show full head in the thumbnails. So ye are welcome.