Speaker 1: You know when I knew he was not? Yeah, is that the brat song? That the brat song? I think what you like? Here where he says his name two seconds into the song.
Speaker 2: Darry.
Speaker 1: If that's not a crazy man? She said. She couldn't get out towards She said, what do you like?
Speaker 3: And he said, imagine you walking into a room Phil with Phil with strangers and you go, David.
Speaker 2: Borrie doesn't chips in your.
Speaker 1: Quality's racist.
Speaker 2: Money man, turney stuff.
Speaker 1: I can't tell me.
Speaker 2: Nothing, Sweet lady, would you be my sweet love for a lifetime? There it is little mamas and gentiles alike. There it is welcome to another phenomenal episode of My Mama Told.
Speaker 1: Me, the podcast where we dive deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories.
Speaker 2: And we finally worked to prove that Tyresee only acts like that because the free Coca Cola he got after those commercials eroded his brain. You're telling me that coke can clean the paint off of a car and it's safe to put in Tyrese. Fuck no, that nigga has been poisoned.
Speaker 1: He was a decent young.
Speaker 2: Man and big Coca Cola took him down. I stand behind it. I'm Langston Herman and.
Speaker 1: I'm David Borigen. He has come. He has come a long way from the well he was in the My Way video.
Speaker 2: Come on man, Tyrese was. He was on every sitcom. He was like the sexiest guy that would pull out and sing a song withn't You on Martin It was. It was one of them where he was. He was fine.
Speaker 1: He is fine.
Speaker 2: He was a very handsome, very buff uh.
Speaker 1: Dark dark.
Speaker 2: Dark.
Speaker 1: Put the knife buck, He's carry me. Tyrese.
Speaker 2: He was a beautiful man, and the Coca Cola company killed him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now he's dressed up like Marvin Gaye singing in football games.
Speaker 2: Bro, He's not even doing a good Marvin k.
Speaker 1: That was really one of the crazier things I've ever seen. Like I feel like he got away with people, with people pretending like that wasn't nearly as crazy as that was.
Speaker 2: But here's why I think my conspiracy stands up. I'm gonna, I'm gonna really try to sell this to you.
Speaker 1: I'm so but yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 2: The listener, let's let's make it a royal you then, because you're on board.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm easy.
Speaker 2: Tyrese is clinically insane. He has been for years and years and years, and yet the man will not stop being booked for things, almost as if a giant corporation that runs a lot of this country, a lot of the industries, a lot of the powerful figures in this country owes him something for the damage that they did to him. They cannot pay him out with physical cash, so instead they just keep casting him in Transformers films and letting him sing the national anthem at football games. Because it's like a fucking Coca Cola make a wish for a guy that had all the potential in the world.
Speaker 1: It's like a good thing that I can't sing. I would be very irritating with it.
Speaker 2: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: I like I would. I would bring it up all like you know how it is when you know people who could kind of sing, because that's the worst kind of person. Somebody who could sing a little bit.
Speaker 2: You think I'm you think if I can, if I could sing, You think I wouldn't sing my order at Ruth's Chris.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know what I mean for me, But yes.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be like medium Wen just hit them with some ship.
Speaker 1: Let me get a red snapper. Just see how they respond. Yeah, I would. I would do it to people because like, yeah, I would, man, it would be it would be bad. It's the same reason I can't do a flip.
Speaker 2: I would have sang at my own wedding.
Speaker 1: That would be crazy, would you? So how do you feel about that when you see the video of like people like would you have sang too? Nikki?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. I think it's psychotic. I think that's pure psychosis too, because you're not doing it for your partner. You're doing it for an audience to show that you like your partner, but more importantly, to show that you're talented. And so yeah, the idea that that I would have that skill, I know I would only do it with corrupt intentions.
Speaker 1: I would do everything but try to get a record deal.
Speaker 2: M do you think you would cut yourself short from record deal?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't. Well, in this world, it's me exactly how I am. I could just sing.
Speaker 2: Also, But that's what I'm saying. That's why I'm not buying you not wanting the record deal, because now you're a talented comedian and you can sing, but everybody you get.
Speaker 1: Sick of that shit like you can't you can't do both, and I think I would be I think that I'm elite funny. I think I would just be regular good singer. Does that make sense? I think that I'm funny Murphy Yeah, yeah, yeah, or like like like okay, listen, I'm glad it did work, but like Jimmie Fox did not shut the fuck up about that shit for like ten years before he got a record.
Speaker 2: Bro, His his first two specials are just excuses for him to sing the.
Speaker 1: Whole Jamie Fox show, which I loved, but that was like my least favorite part. Like they would always do the thing and we had to go whoo, you know what I mean, And it would be like, Bro, no, I want to see you make jokes about Braxton. I don't give a shit like he was dying for it. I ask you this.
Speaker 2: Have you ever clapped along with the TV?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like when Harriet Winslow came down the stairs and everybody went whoa because she had on a dress. Did you ever go whoo, Harriet, woh Harriet.
Speaker 1: I don't think that I have, but just it's not some foot her on Front Street, but watching shows with my mom my mom. Would my sisters do it too, Yeah, my sisters do it too, definitely, especially with the like whenever they get like the get back, you know what I mean, that would be like a like a that's right, like that type ship whoa.
Speaker 2: So it was less of just cheering for for their appearance, but more just like when when the story finally did what the story was meant to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when the story climate like like I think I feel like, I remember what's her name, Moisha's mom d I remember her having a lot of those moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she she had a lot of the last word in a conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, those were big. Those were big, those were big. What about you?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: Uh No?
Speaker 2: But I I never got to go to a live taping, And I think I've always been envious of.
Speaker 1: Those people who.
Speaker 2: Got that experience in a sincere way, like there was something we were just so sincere in the nineties about the stuff that we liked and didn't like. There was no irony to it, and and so like if you fucked with a show you, I think I would have been in there and been like, a you hilarious, Oh yeah, yeah, Ednie Eddie, you in trouble to women Eddie.
Speaker 1: You know now that i'm thinking about it. If there ever was a time that I did that, it would have been like a cross promotional, like when somebody from another show was you know what I mean, We're like, oh shit, he's supposed to be on hanging with mister Cooper. Now he's on in the house. That shit excited, like the idea. I used to like that a lot. Yeah, that the different that they can exist within the same world. That shit, Yeah, we got me. That shit was really exciting. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I still get a little bit of chills when Biggie Smalls hangs out with Martin.
Speaker 1: I'll be like, man, that's cool. I've been trying to find that sweatsuit.
Speaker 2: Do you think that's the one that'll complete you, that'll finish you off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's the thing about sweatsuits, man, I'll be really vulnerable on here. I could do the top or the bottom. When I put them together, I just feel like I'm trying to be someone I'm not, you know what I'm saying, Like I could wear the jacket or I could wear the pants. When I wear the pants and the jacket, I'm always like, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: I don't mind it when I'm being casual. I really mind it when I end up in a true social setting in a sweatsuit.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. I could go to the store. I could go to the store. I can get my haircut. But like if it's like out at night or something.
Speaker 2: And I've tried, I've tried to do the because I've seen other people do out at night with that energy. I'm like, damn, they look so comfortable and cool. I'm gonna do that too, because I got it. And then I tried and I'm like, bro, this this don't work.
Speaker 1: What do you Because it's also like once you get a little bit of money, it's the first thing I felt like I could afford to do top of the lot? Does that make sense? Like I couldn't get Like I still couldn't afford super expensive ship. But I was like, I could get a top tier sweatsuit, Yeah you can.
Speaker 2: You can't get a yeah Nike tech and h look is that crazy?
Speaker 1: I could get a bunch of but I just don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a real fucking flex man. You gotta chill out. No, the Nike texts are super expensive, way more expensive than than even the quality it makes it it worse, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I I I fuck with those the fleece ones, the ones that just say Nike the Club fleece. I'll probably buy two or three of those apps after this.
Speaker 2: Whoa damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I try to get like I try to get like a few for the fall, false winter, and then I'm just like monsters, like they're gonna get messed up.
Speaker 2: That's my problem is they get messed up, and then I feel embarrassed investing that much money again and in another round of them.
Speaker 1: But but that gets messed up. That's my issue everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta learn to take care of stuff too.
Speaker 1: Man. It's like sometimes the best shirts I have are just the shirts that have gone that long without me getting no grease on it, you know what I mean. It's like it's not even a great shirt. It's just lasted four years. I'll be honest.
Speaker 2: I don't have a single white shirt that's made it a full like calendar year.
Speaker 1: Oh no, never white shirts. No, that's you plan on most going bad.
Speaker 2: But then there have been times where I've invested in like quality white shirts, you know what I mean, Like I was like, oh, this is dope and it's got like a thing on it, or it's like the best cut of whatever I like. And then immediately I'm spilling on it. My kid is throwing up on it, and now I'm sweating through it all the bad things that could happen, and it's unwearable.
Speaker 1: If you see me wearing layers, no, it's because one of the layers has a grease stain on it.
Speaker 2: Straight up, you feel back that onion, it's greasy under there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, it's like I've been thinking about it because I'm like thirty seven years old, and you realize it's like, if I have not figured out the mechanics of being fresh at this point, it's just not going to happen for me.
Speaker 2: It might not just being you, it might not being me.
Speaker 1: That's devastating. Why did I even try to get any money? Then? H h.
Speaker 2: This turned existential in a way that I'm not I'm not equipped to answer for you. I'm scared of what the answer could be, so so I'm gonna choose to to sit this one out. I think that's more you when the cameras are off. Question, all right, that's reasonable. We got we have an email.
Speaker 1: That shook me because I didn't think it was that deep until you worded it that way. Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: It just it hit me hard maybe, and I I didn't know how to process it, so I ran from it. And I'm sorry to do that to you.
Speaker 1: It's okay, man, I don't have much else to do after this today. Anyways.
Speaker 2: We're calling upon you because we have we have new merch. We have very exciting merch that we are now selling and it's it's fucking's right. We love it so much.
Speaker 1: Just sleek, it's sexy.
Speaker 2: Come on, you want to tell them what we have?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have three different types of hats, which is really fun. We have a two tone hat, an alien dad hat, the traditional logo in black and khaki. Then we have the enamel pen with an alien who has a koofie on it since my mama told me. And then we have t shirts that say proud little Mama, which is who you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can buy the merch now, go to my mama told me dot merch table dot com. It's a brand new name, but it's the same old merch and we would love for you to get some if you haven't got it already. And we want you to have all the sweet stuff, so get it. We got an email from a person named Erica. Erica sent us an email with the subject line horny for Jesus, Horny for Jesus. How does that make you feel?
Speaker 1: Not horny? Not a horny.
Speaker 2: Jesus takes you out of it right away to me. Damn, that's unfortunate for him.
Speaker 1: But uh, I like Jesus.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're a fan, but just not horny for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like. I like the I mean a lot of what's done in his name. I'm not but like the guy and what he said. Yeah, I'm into that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna read this email, but I will say that that it it.
Speaker 1: Starts off nasty.
Speaker 2: I just want to flag it right away for you so that you don't think I've walked you into a weird trap. But Erica says high Lengthston and David, I'll keep this brief, since I know y'all don't like to read long letters, and it's unclear to me whether or not Bory can even read based on his previously espoused views surrounding adult literacy.
Speaker 1: First of all, I think it's fun, just because I think it's funny that other people can't read. Doesn't mean I can't read. This is a nasty way to start speaking. Honestly, it would be quite the opposite if I couldn't read. I've been taking really seriously advocate's funny because they can't and I can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like, no, some people need help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but instead I can't read. But anyway, yeah, very mean, very.
Speaker 2: Very mean, right up top, Erica, Chill the fuck out. But they go on to say, in short, have you ever wondered whether the old ladies who fall out and speak tongues in church allah the ecstasy of Saint Teresa are actually just suppressed hoes past their prime? Like if they have done more hoeing in college or seasoned their palate with just a sprinkle more of hoeing during their twenties, they wouldn't be screaming for deliverance on the noleum floor every Sunday. Or perhaps if someone had actually brought them to seeing Kingdom come behind behind the Dennys in their youth, they wouldn't have been having violent ghost orgasms in front of small children on a weekly basis. Help us sist out and let me know what you think, I thank God every day I don't feel basic.
Speaker 1: Erica. That was a complicated sign off.
Speaker 2: It was really she was like, I'm gonna hitch you' all with a little bit of a crazy dismount, and I'm out.
Speaker 1: It is also if you're basic out there's nothing wrong with being basic.
Speaker 2: It's also fun because she says, I thank God every day I don't feel basic, and then she posts her LinkedIn at the bottom.
Speaker 1: All right, Erica, fair enough, Okay, so this is I'm confused. Okay, this is coming from the place that these people with women are coming. Is that the idea behind it.
Speaker 2: I think there's a suggestion of orgas in some of their behavior, but I don't think it's exclusively their coming. I think some of it seems to suggest they want for attention, that maybe they're not getting sexually and cannot get sexually, thus leading them to jump around it at church.
Speaker 1: Oh, because they feel like that is given. See that's I mean that feels it doesn't feel like the same thing to me, Like coming is not the same, Like even the attention you get via it seems different. I don't know, have you ever seen somebody kissing goes? I have.
Speaker 2: I don't like it, same same and I don't know if that's disrespectful, whatever it feels.
Speaker 1: As a kid, it scared me and as a man, I just don't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it is that crazy to say I'm not buying it. I think, certainly, I believe in someone feeling a truth thrill about the things that they're experiencing and learning and community and all of that coming together to form a social a social interaction that can sometimes look strange to others. I'm cool with all of that being possible. But do I genuinely believe that like a spirit has taken over you and you are no longer present in your body.
Speaker 1: I do not.
Speaker 2: I think you know, you're being crazy in the church and you're just comfortable in this space and everybody's comfortable with you doing it.
Speaker 1: I have a hard time because I feel like the power belief is huge, right, So I believe there are some people who believe that that's happening. Do I think the Holy Spirit is taking them over? No? Do I think some people get so wrapped up in the whatever of it that they Yeah, I think some people believe that that's what's happening. Okay, you know what I mean. I think it's is that sochostomatic? Maybe not, but like, but yeah, I think some people can work themselves. It's not hard for me to believe people can work themselves into a frenzy, especially in like the way that like the way the only times I've ever seen it done and and full, I've only seen it. I've only seen it a couple of times, and then when I spent to Cyre Leon, I saw a bunch of times. But the way their church works is like, you know, people get built because it's always during the music and it's just people get built, so they work themselves into a frenzy, you know what I mean. You know what I mean. So it's like, yeah, I understand it.
Speaker 2: I guess, Okay, maybe this is a good way for us to unpack it a little bit because I have experienced something.
Speaker 1: The closest I think.
Speaker 2: I've gotten to it is through sports, right, Like I have like been playing basketball at such an intense level with you know, a team that I find myself yelling out in rage or sort of like reacting in sort of like pure joyous whatever. But it's not my eyes rolling in the back of my head and me fucking grinding on the ground. It's it's just me sort of like letting out a sound an animal in me that I previously would have contained more effectively.
Speaker 1: Well, and you have to think though, when you're like doing something like playing basketball, that that does need more focus than what you know what I mean. So it's still more controlled. Now, imagine if you were that engaged with something, but you didn't need to focus to like get back on defense, right, like you could just follow that wherever it went, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So in that way, what you're describing is is almost like a true freedom of so yes, that it's it's like a true escape from the human body. It is just they are a shell at that point and allowing their form to just do whatever it pleases.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that I've had it, I guess with sports a little bit. I think I've had it more with like experiencing live performance kind of gets me on that level sometimes that's fair.
Speaker 2: I've definitely I've definitely felt it with like concerts, but I've also combined that with drugs. Yeah, and it's hard to know how much of that is my heart and how much of that is the molly. You know what I mean, like, what what's the difference.
Speaker 1: Like, I just I think I told you I just saw Conway the Machine because I'm thirty seven years old. Yeah, I just saw Colway in the Machine at the same menu were playing That's Dope, Yeah, which is really wild. Yeah, life is crazy. Come see us at Savante's Ballroom and I ate mushrooms. But like there was a moment where he was so because he's if you get the chance, go see him, he's like he's a very great performer. Yeah, and which is fun because you know a lot of rappers aren't like rappers specifically, a lot of them aren't and don't care about the live show. But bro, I.
Speaker 2: I had to walk out on the Migos because it was just like, oh, come on boys, this.
Speaker 1: Right right, right right, And I think that's happened more. It's why I don't really like going to rap shows. To me, like I've been upset more times than I've been like this is great, but bro, when he and like his show, the lead up was so fucking long, but by the time when he got into it and he was hitting his ship and like, granted I did take mushrooms, but like there was like ten minutes there where I was like, this is the best thing I've ever seen. This man is amazing. Like I was afraid to dance because I didn't know what was gonna come out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but even that, what you're describing still has the control to say I fear letting myself loose.
Speaker 1: But that's because I was. But but that's because I wasn't in the parameters of religion, Like I wasn't in a situation where that would be like haralded. Is like like if I started doing whatever my body felt like niggas in the Conway Show weren't gonna be like, Oh, he's really loves Conway. Now that's the tru.
Speaker 2: Clear someome space. I think my man got the spirit that Conway the machine space.
Speaker 1: Which, by the way, I don't even know the words. I truly just went because a friend of a friend.
Speaker 2: Was growing, Yeah, you said you were going out. I was like, that's not my God, I don't I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I know sprayed ady the baby I woke up. I don't know most of the words. But the point is like I felt like I could have got there, and it's just like it feels like within religion, it's like, if that is rewarded, I don't know. It doesn't seem crazy to me to see how people could get there. I guess where.
Speaker 2: And you know, some of this would require a brighter mind than either of us has. But I guess the question of that being something socialized versus truly spiritual is still it still lingers for me, right that like what you're describing, Yes, the feelings are raw and can be raw if you're encouraged in a space to allow them to be their raws. And where better to have that happen than church? But that doesn't necessarily mean that a spiritual thing has happened to you. It just means that you're surrounded by your best friends and people who are going to not be horrified by your choice to start, you know, A quick stepping in, why is that? I don't know. I think that's the big question, right, Is that is that God? Or is that just humanity doing what human does?
Speaker 1: I mean, here's where we get complicated, right, because it's like, what is God? Do you write? What is finding God? Mean?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man? Should we should we ask? I don't want to those questions where it's like I don't know what we're making the show into if I asked you, But yeah, I am curious.
Speaker 1: Now what what is?
Speaker 2: What does God mean to you?
Speaker 1: What do you I I wrestled a lot with this over over pandemic. I mean, I think it's whatever higher purpose you can find to serve is the is the God. And I think that. I think a lot of times it's really easier to pick one because it makes it so linear in that, you know what I mean, It's like I have Jesus, like I have this direction and it can get me there. But I mean a lot of it to me is creating. Is being able to create is like is like that. But that's just me, and I'm you know what I mean. I can't speak for other people or anything like anything else like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think it's I think God is joy like. I think it's just genuine pleasure, not connected to any other biases or weird sort of like influence. It just is peer like this brings me pleasure for a person.
Speaker 1: So I mean, so then to take that definition and to put all skepticism out of it, is that not what's happening with this? Maybe maybe it is to not be a cynic to just be like, yeah, no, I.
Speaker 2: Think maybe there's something to this just being pure joy expressed in a in a long skirt.
Speaker 1: Right, because I think that, like I think that like whatever whatever brought you there, it's kind of like it's kind of like you're there now. I don't I don't think whatever vehicle got you there and whatever happens afterwards. I think there is a level of like you're there now, and if if something got you to that place, then I think it is a spiritual experience because I feel like I've had spiritual experiences doing things that you wouldn't particularly call spiritual. Like I have that joke about it in my special that you guys should buy available on patreon dot com. Uh, you know, you gotta plug baby. But like when I was walking looking at all that stuff and that was not on drugs, that was just me being in France, I took in a bunch of stuff at the same time and was overwhelming and I started crying because it made me think of back to that idea of creation, that that like this place had been created and these things had been created, and this music had been created and to some degree, however you believe it happened, the earth and the ocean and all these things had been created, and I took all that and at the same time and I started crying, and that to me is a spiritual experience, and that was like without drugs or anything like that. So like, but I feel like also right now we're talking about whether or not we think people actually get the Holy Ghost. She's saying that she thinks these are hosts.
Speaker 2: Well, well before we run from this, because I do think you made a valid point that maybe some of my reaction to the possibility of the Holy Ghost existence is more a judgment of the socializing around the Holy Ghost. That like I'm more I'm more or finding problems in sort of Christian church behavior than i am actually questioning the reality of this spiritual connection movement inside of a human being. And so yeah, I think to your point, maybe it is just cynicism that keeps me from believe or was keeping me from believing, that these are real feelings that these people are having. That said, we should take a break and when we come back, because you made the point she ain't just talking about the reality of the Holy Ghost. She's asking whether or not these old ladies as hoes and that's something else entirely.
Speaker 1: So I think what we'll do.
Speaker 2: We'll take a break and when we come back, we're gonna find out if these old holy ghosts hoes are in fact hose at all. Okay more, David more, Langston more. My mama told me. We're calling upon you because we have new merch. We have very exciting merch that we are now selling and it's it's fucking great. We love it so much.
Speaker 1: Just sleek, it's sexy. Come on, you want to tell them what we have. Yeah, we have three different types of hats, which is really fun. We have a two tone hat Alien Dad hat, the traditional logo in black and khaki. Then we have the enamel pin with an alien who has a coofie on it since my mama told me. And then we have t shirts that say proud little Mama, which is who you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can buy the merch now, go to my mama told me dot merch table dot com. It's a brand new name, but it's the same old merch and we would love for you to get some if you haven't got it already, and we want you to have all the sweet stuff, so get it. Would you say that you're racist, not at all.
Speaker 1: No, look at my dog, he's as black as can be. We are back discussing God, how you find them and whether or not these old bitches homing.
Speaker 2: Can I can I just say before we get into that that I've never until now when you've played that clip, I've never heard the interviewers. Yeah, after he says not at all, and it's really nice, Yeah, because she really believes him. When he says no, not at all, she goes, yeah, and look at my dog. He's black as can be, and she's like, bitch, you got got.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's so nice, really believed in him, And maybe that's the cynicism that I need to shed. That's similar to these church ladies. More people are just pursuing what brings them joy and what feels good, what is correct in their bodies than just you know, secret manipulation whatever.
Speaker 1: Brother, it's a tough line to walk because the cynicism keeps you safe. It does, That's how I That's how I felt. But then it's also like safety ain't guaranteed. You got it kind of like you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, safety isn't guaranteed. And cynicism is is uh, sort of It's not the thief of joy, but it certainly is is like a big ass offensive lineman for joy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Close. I think it's a close second to comparison, Like I think that it and it creates a distance between you and experience. That's what I found personally, is like that's when citicism has really been bad. It's like I'm cynical about some something and then it has me almost like doubting or second guesting and like a feeling that I felt, you know what I mean, because of cynicism. So it's like it is dangerous within that yeah, you.
Speaker 2: And you know, conspiracy theory in some ways, uh, sort of plays a similarly difficult line in my head where it's like a few of the things that I've negotiated with as a conspirator have then made me question things that I genuinely believe in, and that doesn't feel good, do you know what I mean? Like afterwards, you you don't feel like a good person. And I think that maybe in some ways might make us at least wreck empathetic to the ways that like some of like the right wing fucking psychopaths that that we're watching today kind of how they find themselves in that space where it's like you dive so deep into a thought that you then question everything and it's hard to walk yourself back from that. It's not some deeply embedded racism, as it is like, well, too many things became true for you too fast, and now you don't know how to to not be a little bit of a bigot, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Right right, right, right right, And just the thing about cynicism, I think for me, it's like, well, I'm not that smart. That's that's how I can kind of combat it personally. It's like I'm not smart enough to know this much about to feel these things, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, Erica said some nasty things, but I don't read.
Speaker 1: So and I do and I can about that about that, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'll have a lot of proof to, you know, to swat this these accusations away. So like, yeah, I think at the end of the day, it is, yeah, cynicism isn't great, and maybe these ladies are for real feeling something.
Speaker 1: But also some reason I was lying, That's the thing, because like that was where I was gonna go with it, it's like, okay, yeah, hard swing the other way. I get it. Maybe I should have relaxed, But like there is like a level, especially within church, of things being performative and of people wanting to seem closer to God and there being like it's all, we're still humans. It's still the same type of interactions as everything else.
Speaker 2: Right, that we and that's what makes me again, that's the cynicism, right, is like I know what it feels like to have the attention of an audience, and I know that that euphoria for me is maybe the greatest feeling that I know how to access on a consistent basis that next to doing hard drugs, it is as close to like truly like a fucking heaven like feeling in my brain. Right, And so I also know that if you are the type of person that desires that but didn't find stand up comedy or didn't find performance in some other capacity, maybe you get that every week by you know, losing your shit at church and everybody's staring at you and being like, damn, she's really connected with God or he's really connected with God.
Speaker 1: Exactly because you also know how easily corruptible it is it's so I get it. To do the wrong like, don't get me wrong, we talked all the shit about like comedy we think is stupid or lazy or whatever. To do the wrong thing to get that feeling is completely understandable.
Speaker 2: I've never related with anything more. The vile things that I've said in front of audience is that I do not believe and would not say in any other part of my life.
Speaker 1: Never in private conversation. No, I wouldn't say that.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't speak to you that way.
Speaker 1: If you, if you ever just talked to me as a person I am by no means of provocate to it. I kind of hate them. Yeah, it's not that's not who I am. It's not who I I seem want to be, you know what I mean. But but you give me a microphone, and I'm a psychopath pretty quick, pretty real, pretty quick. So you know.
Speaker 2: Now here's where I think the whole element comes in.
Speaker 1: Because now if I having because I just want to say, I now that we talked about it in terms of stand up comedy, I understand it a lot better because if I was fucking as much as I would have liked to have been, I don't think I would have needed that. Yeah, I don't. I don't if I was killing it, I don't. I don't think. I don't think I would. I don't think that.
Speaker 5: So in so, Ma, and let's flip it too, imagine if you were the type of dude, because I know that you weren't, but imagine you were the type of dude that got into stand.
Speaker 2: Up specifically for the pussy, right, which we know those types of comics too, who like truly just did this because they were like, I think I get a fair amount of pussy off of this, and that's just gonna be my move. And I bet there are some church ladies who are just like I want a man, and I want the men in here to notice me, or vice versa, men in there being like I want a lady, I want the ladies. The church ladies ain't here to notice me. Ain't no better way of getting noticed than doing the Homer Simpson dance on the ground.
Speaker 1: Man, what you're saying is church is God's open mind. Come on, yo, let's go Okay, okay, now this is getting now I understand.
Speaker 2: Now, Now come on, that's what these ladies are up to.
Speaker 1: I get.
Speaker 4: I want you to know this. If your prayers include me to stop drinking, stop smoking, and stop having fun and stop.
Speaker 1: Watching these little bitchespop the ass.
Speaker 4: If your prayers include any of those things, They're not gonna work because I'm rejecting them all. And I will be continuing in my saying we can ask motherfucker wage.
Speaker 1: I get it that the way you want to put man, I I when I look at the whole scope on it, this is one I turned around because I came into this. I thought I thought this e mail was dumb initially, and then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you rejected it immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, that's fucking stupid. But you do wonder how these people receive that attention because it is an attention no matter what. That's like, it's high stakes right to do that, to do that, and it's probably exciting. It's probably very exciting, bro. The fucking like, Yo, what if we find out that that feels better than killing?
Speaker 6: What what if you found out? What if what if you went to church on Sunday and you found out that catching the gut feels better to you than killing a stand up set? Does that change the trajectory of your life?
Speaker 2: I think it would have to, and and that terrifies me.
Speaker 1: I don't want to know. I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't want that. I don't want to feel that, you know what I mean? Like that, what if if it's like the same level that like Michael Jackson felt when he revealed the Moonwalk.
Speaker 1: Man, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like the amount of fucking blood that had to have touched every inch of his body vein after that had to be crazy. Yeah, his heart probably almost exploded from the euphoria that that had to feel.
Speaker 1: Like, Oh man, I worry about that. If I find it with anything, I don't know how you go back. No, Like that's why I don't want to have a kid that was kidd No.
Speaker 2: But I think it's the reason Eddie Murphy to some extent can't do stand up anymore. Right, is like you quit comedy at twenty seven years old. I think because you had reached such a height where like you couldn't even do setups without people laughing like they you weren't even able to get through bits because people loved you that much. So whatever that first high was of stand up comedy will never be replicated. Thus you have to walk away from it. Forever, because it's just you're you're chasing a ghost.
Speaker 1: Tell you what champagne problems. I can't wait because now every antagonistic I feel like we are in a fight.
Speaker 2: That's just new material. You just walking through some new bits.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so many like an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you haven't figured out how to make them sweet and palatable yet.
Speaker 1: I'm there with you, brother man. Shout out to everybody who came to Dallas. So I mean, I guess, I guess ultimately that means where I stand on this, I think that's a very good possibility. I think I think that's a real possibility that like, yeah, had these ladies, had these ladies received that attention, maybe they wouldn't have done that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's fair.
Speaker 1: I think some people are also vacuous and that there's no feeling for the hole, and that they could have been hoes and holy ghosts.
Speaker 2: Now here's what I'll say is, I do think it's a little reductive to make the hole that they needed feel sexual. I think that there's a multitude of holes or or fillers for the hole rather that they needed, and maybe it was sexual for a lot of them. Maybe it's a type of attention that we're talking about with stand up. Maybe it's as simple as sort of like having close friends or like a community, like the genuine like connection with with another human that they haven't found yet.
Speaker 1: I would I would lean to that more than the sexual aspect of it. I think sometimes it's like, if you're not getting it, sex is really important. But other than that, I think sometimes maybe we're a little too like it's not dying, you know what I mean. I don't think it's that. I don't think it's that big of a drive. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only people who are really like made or or make or break with sex are the ones who cannot get it at all, right, right, right, and then it becomes like truly damaging.
Speaker 1: Well then I mean, I guess I know people who can get it at will.
Speaker 2: But then they those people turn into cycles. Yeah yeah, yeah, that's true. They they make a different kind of turn. I think I'm thinking more of the people who like truly cannot because that's they their turn become their psycho turpe and doesn't often become as like public as it becomes like uh, sinister person to person, you know what I mean, Like where you're just like I'll I'll ruin this individual's life because I've gotten so much pussy. Nothing means anything to.
Speaker 1: Me once again, Champagne problems.
Speaker 2: Yeah, show would like to feel that one day yet fingers crossed. Uh, I think I think this feels like we did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like a good stopping point for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Erica, to your question, do we think that they these church ladies were were hose in a former life or hose unrequited hose Maybe it's the best way to put it. Uh, Yes, I think we do believe that, But we also think that hose can be hose for all kinds of reasons, not just for the PP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they might not just want Dick. They just might want community. That's a love community.
Speaker 2: Community and community Dick. They love them both, and so uh yeah, tell tell them ladies, Tell them ladies to chill out, and maybe you'll take them to Denny's afterwards or something, and that'll make them feel as ghosted out as they pretend.
Speaker 1: Man, I bet you that. I bet you that brunch after you caught the Holy Ghost bad He's so delicious, Like you know what I'm saying. If you really went for it like you were on the ground screaming like a workout. Oh, I bet you that church potluck is so good.
Speaker 2: Because you're malnourished. Yeah, you need electrolyte. Stat you're down in the church basements and drinking mountain dewing. You're like, yeah, damn, this is it.
Speaker 1: Sister Rochelle. This cobbler is amazing. That is and that is a meal I would like to eat. I would love to taste the post holy go Oh man, I bet it's a post holy ghost cobbler. Yeah, I bet it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's probably it's.
Speaker 1: Righteous combler, righteous desert.
Speaker 2: God gifted you that cobbler as like, uh, as a thank you for what you just did, And that's gotta fucking taste the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that reminds me it's peach. It's some peaches.
Speaker 2: Okay, get yourself some peaches house over here. But I'm yeah, yep, big stone fruit in general, more than I remember all year round, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 2: Like sometimes I'll like skip over that section being like whatever, But like then you have a good ass peach or a good ass nectarine, and you're like, well, this is the best fruit, Like this is the the one if you really let it be. But you don't really be letting it be because they're not always in season, or you don't feel like I'm gonna pick them and ship.
Speaker 1: See, I love I've been going apple crazy lately.
Speaker 2: I've never been an apple guy.
Speaker 1: Really, you know, different strokes, different strokes.
Speaker 2: I'm a mango man first, really, See have.
Speaker 1: You ever had a tropical mango?
Speaker 2: Though I don't. I've had them in a tropical environment.
Speaker 1: Like within the tropics, like a truly fresh mango. Yep. And you can still come back and eat these.
Speaker 2: I try my best every day, man, I try to. We're talking about comparison being the enemy of joy. I don't do that.
Speaker 1: This is a good man.
Speaker 2: Go today. Yesterday was a bad one. We got tomorrow's another day.
Speaker 1: That's reasonable. That's reasonable.
Speaker 2: Now to your point, apples way less prediction. They they are consistent. They're often exactly what you asked them to be. You don't have to wonder what an apple is going to be like candy man.
Speaker 1: It's crazy man, all right, Erica.
Speaker 2: I hope this answers your question. And uh, and we pray for you, Erica, We we we hear the podcast. Pray that that number one you work on your attitude. We've got a nasty little personality on you that that Frankly I don't appreciate it, nor does David. But we also pray for your your salvation. We hope you get some.
Speaker 1: Oh a little penis.
Speaker 2: Finally helps crack the colord on Old Erica.
Speaker 1: So maybe you stay off the floor at the Assemblies of God and save some of that, some of that post ghost Cobbler for the rest of these ladies.
Speaker 2: I think post ghost Cobbler is the name of this episode.
Speaker 1: If if I depict it really has to be.
Speaker 2: Uh, you want to tell the people where they can find you on what cool shit you got going on?
Speaker 1: Cool guy Jokes eighty seven on Instagram. Go to patreon dot com back slash David bory g b O R I E purchase my special Birth of a Nation. We're doing numbers there. It's great. People seem to really enjoy it. And uh, you know, come see us on this tour that Lady's gonn announced all the dates for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have a we have the start to Steal tour which we just announced. We're very excited about it. We want to sell this motherfucker out. I'm not gonna be cool about this shit. I'm not about to bite my tongue. We want to sell it out and the dates are coming up fast, and so if you live in one of these areas, we want you to buy your tickets now. It's all available on our Instagrams, on our websites, on our link tree. But you can see us in Washington, DC on October tenth, Detroit, Michigan on October twelfth, Chicago October thirteenth. October seventeenth, we're in La in Hollywood. We'll be in Atlanta on Halloween, October thirty first. November one, we're in Houston. November two, Austin, November three, Dallas. We're in Brooklyn. On November seventh. We're in Somerville, Massachusetts. It's Boston, bitch, get over it. November eighth, November tenth, we're in Philly. November seventeenth, we're in San Francisco. December fifth, were in Denver. December twelfth, we're in Seattle, and December fifteenth, you're closing it out in Portland, Ore.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: We want y'all to come out, we want y'all to kick it. We will be doing our coveted live show with special guests, with just me and David. Depending on the city, it'll be a great time all that meet and greets. You think Chris Brown has a good meet and greet bro Me and Lexton are gonna fuck. Let's be clear. I'll take a weird picture with you for free. Yeah, you ain't gotta pay me nothing, Breezy. He's charging one thousand dollars for you to do a problem photo with him.
Speaker 1: I'll do it for twenty.
Speaker 2: I'll put my dick in your back for for a drink after the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, though, my man with the cake, man's with the cake because at Houston, that was Houston. Come back. We need cake.
Speaker 2: We need that cake.
Speaker 1: Come on that that strawberry lemonade pound cake.
Speaker 2: I haven't stopped thinking about it since.
Speaker 1: You we talk about it. You gotta come, We gotta come.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be pis if you don't show up.
Speaker 1: Dash it. He better man, he better come.
Speaker 2: You better come. But come come see us live uh and follow me at Langston Kerrman on all social media platforms. You can watch my special bad Poetry. It's available on Netflix and if you want to send us your own drops, your own conspiracy theories. If you want to tell us what is the opposite of the Holy Ghost and is UH for the people who got too much sex and how they demonstrate themselves in church, send it all to My Mama pod at gmail dot com. We would love to hear from you. By the merch rate review, subscribe, email ejaculate, Okay, bye, bitch. My Mama Told Me is a production of Bill Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Greeted and hosted by Langston Krek.
Speaker 2: Co hosted by David Bori.
Speaker 1: Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hansani and Olivia Akilon.
Speaker 2: Co produced by Bee Wayne, edited and engineered by Justin Kahmmon, music by Nick Chambers.
Speaker 1: Artwork by Dogon Kriga.
Speaker 2: You can now watch episodes of My Mama Told Me on YouTube. Follow at My Mama Told Me and subscribe to our channel.