Speaker 1: But then I got self conscious of the couple next to us, thinks we're lying that it's not really our birthday and it's not really our anniversary.
Speaker 2: We're just looking for free shit.
Speaker 1: So then they send us glasses of wine for our anniversary, and then I felt bad. I was like, well, I don't really know if it's our anniversary. It like turned into this whole thing, and Steve goes, just shut up, what does it matter?
Speaker 3: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio Happy Solar Eclipse Day.
Speaker 1: Of the HOD that's a total eclipse.
Speaker 2: Yep, you know.
Speaker 1: I didn't have the glasses. I didn't have the glasses, so I didn't get to look up. I didn't plan ahead, I didn't order the glasses. But I was in the car. Hi, everybody, welcome to the Calm Down Podcast.
Speaker 3: I hae the car.
Speaker 1: I tried to peer through the window and I thought, well, the windows tinted, so maybe I can kind of look at it. Then I didn't want to look up because it was driving, and I was like, then am I a bad person? Because this only happens never in my lifetime? So we'll get to that before we do. We have a big show for you today, and I don't know if Aaron will be with us by the time the show's over because she looked up at the eclipse without glasses on.
Speaker 2: So one second on that. We have a lot to discuss.
Speaker 1: Including I have a lot of feelings about all of my friends having kids.
Speaker 3: So I asked her if she was pregnant, but she said no. So there's that.
Speaker 2: Definitely not pregnant. We we'll get to that. Also, I just got back.
Speaker 1: If you cannot tell from my face, Red Rover, Red Rovers, send my face right over. I just got back from Florida. Was horrible and didn't wear sunscreen. I am the absolute worst. I'm mad at myself.
Speaker 2: So there's that.
Speaker 1: Also went to the Women's Amateur tournament at Augusta, which was awesome and met some incredible women.
Speaker 2: So I'm excited to talk about that, you doll.
Speaker 3: I looked up at the sun today. I went to go get my face shot up because I have a monster solar clips on the left side of my face and it is not eclipsing, and the only way I could get rid of it, I'm going to get you know what I'm going to do right now before I talk about my eye injury. I'm going to give a shout out to Skin Medics down the street from me. They are always there, like thank you for being a friend, travel around the road and back back again. I call them. I'm like, listen, I got a situation come in in an hour. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, everybody knows your name. You don't even need to check in. You just go room two, room too, Aaron. We got, oh, hey, erin, how are you? How do you think I am?
Speaker 3: My face led before.
Speaker 2: I did the same spot over and it's.
Speaker 3: All it's hormonal. It's down in my chin. And then I get them above my lip. I sound they're pretty attractive. So if you listen to our pregame, we talked about pickup lines. I don't get any. I wonder why, because I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: She's picking them by thems. It no, just stop picking. I'm telling you the best thing pick for that.
Speaker 3: Okay, time the time, you know. So I walked out of skin Medics and I saw everybody standing there looking up and I had, you know, some gooders on and I thought that that would do me right. And I went and I looked up and my left eye really hurt, and I was thinking to myself, oh my god, like here I did. I'm I'm the one in a million, and that I was driving home and I was like, you know, like it's like the line from Christmas Vacation or it's getting read, isn't well, you keep touching it. So I was like hurting and there was pressure in it, and I kept CHRISA. This went even so far for me to think of a scenario, scenario that the left eye is what's the word sounds like compromise, compromise, Okay, we're back. I was gonna have to like maybe lie to Fox and be like, well yeah, and have to see everything from this angle. I was like thinking about that.
Speaker 2: Okay, we walk about it ready.
Speaker 1: The Calm Down Podcast, Aaron's a hypochondriac, but also doesn't follow the only instructions that everyone told her to do when the eclipse happened is do not look up at the sun with your regular glasses or any non approved solar eclipse glasses, which is why I didn't. Did these people order them ahead of time? Everyone was very prepared for this, and I should have been prepared, but I'm not. And this is what happened, so I'm miss.
Speaker 3: Savannah got on the Today Show said you could just go to the grocery store and get them, but I didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't go to the grocery store. I mean, that's maybe that's the problem. So how you're feeling better now though you're okay, the pressure's gone, the pressure's gone, Okay, Well, I feel a lot of pressure that I didn't participate in the once in a lifetime activity and just tried to look through the tint that I have on my windows.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but it was cool.
Speaker 1: It also depends on where you live, like we live in California, so it probably wasn't as cool as like Texas. For example, I saw Tony Gonzalez and Sweet Toby had posted and like they had like a full like it turned dark.
Speaker 3: They didn't an event.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised he wasn't on the moon. Jeff, this guy they are, they are always on it. I'm always dilate to everything you are.
Speaker 3: And a dollar short, you're hemorrhaging.
Speaker 2: We get a dollar short because I'm paying someone's bill, you know what I mean. We talked about on the pre game. We hate cheap people.
Speaker 1: You have those cheap friends that never offer to put their credit card down well invite.
Speaker 3: I also hate people that charge us in a year late.
Speaker 1: Any speaking of dinner, Okay, so you're gonna appreciate this story. So for our wonderful listeners, I obviously try to spend as much time at the ranch as I can during the off season because all my sweet little animals and I just feel like a guilty mother. So I need to be there as much as I can, and I want to be there as much as I can.
Speaker 2: But ye, when you're there, you know, when you're there, you're like you're in it.
Speaker 1: Like it's rustic, rustic Bill, Like there's no like we're going out to dinner, like this closest town is thirty minutes away, Like it's Steve making dinner every night, and you really got like your partner.
Speaker 2: AnyWho.
Speaker 1: So we get back and I have to then leave the next day. So I'm like, let's go on a date. Let's go on a proper date. I'm gonna get dressed up. I'm gonna remind you why it is that you want to be with me. I'm adorable, I'm a great time.
Speaker 2: Let me be cued. Okay, let me put on some makeup for once and go out.
Speaker 1: So we go to this nice steakhouse and we're sitting there and like, I'm so excited. You would have thought I've never heard you go been to steak thirty eight. It's the thirty eight, eighty three, oh one, whatever that one here? Yet No, we went together for the Fox event, not here.
Speaker 2: Were you not there?
Speaker 3: No I didn't get invited.
Speaker 1: Oh you were out of town. Oh no, it wasn't for a pregame. It wasn't for yeah. Yeah, Oh I didn't get invited to the one that you went to that was also really gat Yeah, okay, yeah, okay, here we go. So go to the steakhouse and I'm jacked. I got them men and you know, I normally don't really care about food. I'm like, I'm not really into that, more into the cocktails. No, No, Mama was ready after eating freakin' biscuits and like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, I was like, I am getting the oysters. The sweet waitress came over and I was like, I'm getting everything on the appetizer list.
Speaker 2: I'm getting all the things.
Speaker 1: So then as we do We've talked about this before you start looking around.
Speaker 2: You're like, okay, let me survey the room.
Speaker 1: We've got Heather du Brow over here, real housewife with the doctor, so that they're oh yeah, and like she's a tiny little thing. Then I was gonna go up and I was like, oh, I love you and you're great. But like then I was like, Viki it off, not gonna yeah exactly, Aaron, Any Okay, we go.
Speaker 2: This is everyone stay with us again.
Speaker 1: You know the path we travel, the stories are all over all aboard Chew Chew. Next up crazy Town. We go to Orange County and with woofs, we're gonna have We're gonna whoop it up in Orange County and.
Speaker 3: We're at Bernie's and we go we go.
Speaker 1: To a restaurant and I'm like, the only person that I want to see in Orange County is Vicky Gumbolson O G O C. Like whatever, of course we're not gonna see Vicky Gumboleson. Like this is just random. Not even five minutes after I say that, Vicky Gumboleson comes walking through the door, You would have thought that we would be I'd come back from the gray and walked through the restaurant.
Speaker 2: I got up and I was like, I will always love you.
Speaker 1: So anyways, getting back to the steakhouse with Steve, I'm sitting there and there's okay.
Speaker 2: I'm looking around. Okay, what do we got going on here? Let's survey the situation.
Speaker 1: We're at the high top, so my angle's really good. Cutie couple next to us. I hear them say something about anniversary, and then I looked at Steve and I was like, do we have an anniversary? And He's like, yeah, I think it's actually like right around now. So then we started scrolling back and looking at Montana pictures and like the timeline of after that, like a few years ago when we got together. So we're like, oh my god, our anniversary is tomorrow from this one picture. So I was like, this is great, we'll celebrate our anniversary tonight. Well, at this point, I had already told the waitress that it was Steve's birthday the week before that, So stay with me. I'm bringing I'm gonna land this plane not with an emergency landing. But so the QUT couple next to us says it's their anniversary and I was like, well, Steve, it's our anniversary. I was like, you guys, happy anniversary. It's our annivers So now I'm like, oh my god, it's all right. They have seven years. We are a made up date for chairs of dating. Okay, well the meal so then I send them over a glass of champagne each. They think you're so sweet. Okay, whatever, No, what's not sweet? So then the meal ends, they bring out a happy birthday cake for Steve, and now I'm looking and I'm like, these people next to us think I'm a liar. It's our anniversary that no, we're getting free birthday cake. They probably think we're just making up any event.
Speaker 3: Anniversar Tree is on Jared's birthday too.
Speaker 1: Well, so I obviously like that doesn't happen very often. But then I got self conscious that the couple next to us thinks we're lying that it's not really our birthday and it's not really our anniversary.
Speaker 2: We're just looking for free shit.
Speaker 1: So then they send us glasses of wine for our anniversary, and then I felt bad. I was like, well, I don't really know if it's our anniversary, like turned into this whole thing, and Steve goes, just shut up, What does it matter. We can have a birthday cake. And we can have an anniversary. And I was like, I know, I felt bad and I didn't want the restaurant to think we were taking advantage of the events and the couple next to so then he looks at me, He's like, this is why we don't go out.
Speaker 2: I was like, fu, And.
Speaker 3: There has to be those people by the way that do that. I mean, you worked in a restaurant, don't you think there's people that just come in and lie about what are Since they're celebrating.
Speaker 2: They want a free piece of cheesecake. And then we all got it.
Speaker 1: And then as a waitress, I'm scrambling looking for the lighter because she supposed bringing a lighter to work. It's like, oh God, Table fourteen has a birthday? Are we asking them for their ID? Like?
Speaker 2: Is it really your birthday?
Speaker 1: Well? I felt like that person, but it really was Steve's birthday and we had just found out that it was our anniversary.
Speaker 2: We hadn't really find it before.
Speaker 3: Phenomenal and it happens it wasn't a lie.
Speaker 2: No, it was a lie.
Speaker 1: I just started laughing though, thinking to myself at the table next was like, Oh, what what other event are you guys?
Speaker 2: Looking to celebrate here tonight get some free shit.
Speaker 3: So on the pregame, we were talking about an event that is coming up soon and it is mac Roger Stole's first birthday, pressure Agel, and that paved the way for you to say, I've got some real thought about my friends having kids. The floor is yours?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, well the dance floor will be cleared for this conversation. But before we get to that, since I've just monopolized the first ten minutes of this with my story about I don't want to feel like I'm taking advantage of holidays and free cakes. I was also discussing with you that when are we doing Max's birthday? Are we doing it on the birthday? Are we doing the day?
Speaker 3: We got to figure it out because I want you guys in town. I want some other people in town. So we got to figure that out. It's a lot of dates we need to talk about. So you let me know. Are you planning time for me?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Are you scrolling through Pinterest and you like look at ideas like how does this happen?
Speaker 3: I guess I should.
Speaker 1: Daisy has an idea? A lot invited because that's a lot of pressure. I feel like it is.
Speaker 3: I think it's a lot of pressure. I was actually thinking of the Calm Down podcast yesterday because I only know the age group of like nine months right now of what's appropriate to give a kid. I don't really I struggle with that whole thing. We went to a birthday yesterday for two six year olds. A it was a twins birthday, and I was literally stressing out with the fact, Oh my god, I didn't think I was going to be in town. First of all, I am in town, so now I've got a rush and go get these kids presents. So I'm texting my girlfriends that have six year olds and she's like, oh, this, this and this, and I said, Jesus, Jackie didn't even miss a beat with that one. I mean, granted she's got three kids, but I find buying for children yeah, so stressful.
Speaker 2: Say that. Yeah, well, because I can't.
Speaker 3: Even imagine doing a birthday party.
Speaker 1: I feel like that with my nieces and nephews. I'm like, there's no way that they're going to like this stuff. And then I just give them money and it's like doesn't feel personal at all. Yeah, but like that's not personal. I like to an eight year old like here's some money. It's like, go buy a present, you lazy biatch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But and then like the I don't know, just birthday parties in general, and we got into it a little bit, not into it.
Speaker 2: We talked about it on the pregame.
Speaker 1: These people that spend so much money on their children's birthday parties.
Speaker 2: Like the kids not what you know. We had for our birthday party.
Speaker 1: We had my mother making us a homemade cake, a few balloons, and like kids in the backyard with water balloons and it may be a pinata.
Speaker 3: Best birthday party as a kid.
Speaker 1: Sorry, mom, I don't remember anything that was like so memorable. I mean I think like a straw I was really into theme. So it was like I had my little pony birthday theme. I had a strawberry shortcake theme. Like I was just excited to like have a theme of a birthday party. But these kids now, it's like they want to go they want to go to Hawaii for their first birthday.
Speaker 2: Like what are we doing? These are children?
Speaker 1: Like if you start them off that young with like the bars up here, like no, this is probably why I'm not having kids.
Speaker 2: Okay, So my thing about.
Speaker 1: Okay, so girl, So everybody, every friend of mine, not every friend, all of my good friends have children. Now that's normal. Like I'm going to be four, We're going to be with the same birthday. But like I'm going to be forty two in a couple of weeks, and that's normal. This is a conscious decision that I have made to not have children, even though you and everyone else in my life is like, don't say you're not going to do it because you know, don't you agree? I have made a conscious choice. Now there can be something that could change. I also say that like I'm never going to get married again. I do feel like I'm never going to get married again, but I never want to say never in life to anything. Okay, fine, but I'm really happy with my choice. This isn't me trying to convince myself, but like all these different situations in my life just remind me. I'm like, I love Steve so much that I want to give all the time that I have left in my life life to Steve and not even have to split that up. Like you can attest like the time that you spend with Jared isn't as much now because you have a child and you need to allocate time to different things and whatever. Right, And so I feel like I met Steve so late in life, and like, I just don't want to split my love up. I just want to give it to him and like be happy and whatever. Okay, but what I'm going to get here's the butt. I am going to be boxed out of vacations. No vacant I am, because think about it. We have friends. They all go on vacation because they have kids, and they do they build their vacations around the kids' spring breaks.
Speaker 3: I'm going to always need you the stafford. Yeah, you're out of that loop. We're both out of that loop. We're never going to be invited again. I mean, Kelly, if you're late. I saw her this weekend. She was down at Martha's and I was jumping for joy because I was like, oh my god, I can just see you. But half of it's my fault too. But yeah, no, we're we're boxed out there. You we're boxed out of them for sure. Thought but it's going to happen of mine? Are you not coming on?
Speaker 2: Mac is still a baby? Like they're going.
Speaker 1: But you're going to have to plan vacations around his snoul, his soul, and so it's going to be your vacations are my vacations. By the way, Missy, I'm just thinking to myself, they're you're acting crazy. Nope, Okay, Well I would love to hear anyone listening that doesn't have children and that there was a shift in their life when all their friends around them had kids and then they had to I have to go start being friends with younger people. That's just Kristin Cavaleri and her boyfriend and I already hanging out. Okay, boys and I are going to which by the way, I don't Christen. I know I met you like whatever through like business in life before, but like, good for you. Who gives a shit how old your boyfriend is or isn't you're happy? I hate when everyone wants to have an opinion on someone's significant other.
Speaker 2: In less they're harmful and losers than you should get rid of them. AnyWho.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's the feelings that I was having as I was like, you know, because a lot of my.
Speaker 3: Schedule, a lot of my schedule is open for my schedule, So I think you're crazy. I appreciate the fear, well, that's.
Speaker 1: A nice way to say that. Thank you for listening, Thank you for saying that. That's very sweet.
Speaker 2: You appreciate the fear, and tell me to knock it off.
Speaker 3: Okay, knock it off, because here's the thing. We've had this conversation a lot. I mean, I get that we see it now with certain friends are always with other friends, but they always come back to the real ones. You know, I'm not interested. I'm too old in my life. Yeah, I'll be friends with whoever. But like, I need my people. I'm good.
Speaker 2: I don't need I know, and that's my thing.
Speaker 1: Like, I just don't want my people to like all leave, because then it's just Steve and I looking at each other like this there no no, oh yeah they're done, but.
Speaker 3: They're gone.
Speaker 2: Kelly, Kelly, where are you not taking a shower? All?
Speaker 3: No, just kidding. We love you, guys. We miss you. Call it. I'll send you my number if you need it. No, I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: Okay. Wait.
Speaker 1: So speaking of that friendship, though, think that friendships are important and you do have to put in work for them. And that's why I am very grateful that like, thank God, our job like allows us to see each other different things, and we have a vacation with which, by the way, like I just need to say this, Fox, I love you like and Amazon, I love you. But like companies, and there has been a lot of layoffs in our respective industry recently, and I was really really sad. And I was actually with some people that work at that same network over weekend because I was with them, and I just I'm it is not ever lost on me how fragile this industry is, or any industry that you work in where there can be layoffs and cut offs, like I heard like home depots even laying a bunch of people off because they hired all these people because during COVID everyone was working on projects and now you know, life is resumed, and I just I job secure is such a thing that I never ever take for granted. So and you don't realize how much you know until it affects your own life. So I just anyways, I wanted to just give a shout out to like employers.
Speaker 2: That because they that's also tough to do.
Speaker 1: Like having worked in HR, I saw people have to go into my boss's office and they got fired and walking out and like one minute, their life is here and the next minute it's not. And this is probably why we continue to have one hundred jobs, just so we always stamployed. But anyways, I spend all of this money on laser treatments and skincare and anti aging. I in the asshole that was in Florida for less than seventy two hours, didn't.
Speaker 2: Put any sunscreen on my face. And I was sitting outside and.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, I just want a little color because like can't tone it tan it like we all look better with like a little sun.
Speaker 2: Nope. I fried my entire chest. Look at that. Look at that the chest that I just spent money to laser the sunspots off of. I have horrible burns all.
Speaker 3: Of just I didn't take the time to put anything on time.
Speaker 1: Look at this, I'm peeling on my forehead. And I'm really disappointed in myself because I'm like CHRISA, we're not at the age where we could do this. We know how important sunscreen is, and I just was like, oh, I just want like a little color, and then fell asleep and fried my body so much, and I was just mad at myself because I know better.
Speaker 3: And your now Lady's gonna have a time with you, because apparently she tries to fix everything right, so she's gonna try to get in there and really get after that.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you when I finally got my boatox point me yesterday and she went to do the the antiseptics thing to clean the area. I was like, and it was my point is I'm gonna if you I'm going to be borrowing your sunscreen and lathering all over my body and laying under an umbrella because I'm on sun probation.
Speaker 2: Because that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Well, it just thinks about like we do so much work to like try to like you know, reverse the damage. Yeah, stupid.
Speaker 1: I was mad at myself for doing that. But anyway, Palm Beach I talked about it a little bit on the pregame.
Speaker 2: I went for my first time.
Speaker 1: I mean, and I've been watching that show Palm Royal where Kristin Wood looks incredible in this thing y'all y'all Kelly voice, I Paul Beach is uh hoot. These characters down there, they live like this imaginary Disneyland adult life, And it was my first time being there. You and I need to go and I'm all about dressing up and like the over the top outfits and colorful and I just had a great time.
Speaker 3: I was there a couple. I was there a couple. I was there a month ago with my parents. I stayed at the Boca Raton Hotel. It was another level. It was like Great Gatsby. It was so fire. I love that place. My dad looks around and goes, I think you would live here, and I was like, yeah, it's great. It was in Boca Awesome.
Speaker 1: I want to go there because we stayed at the Breakers, just like I wanted, like.
Speaker 3: Old school, like break the Bank.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And then I was thinking about the uh a girlfriend of mine she got married there and I couldn't go to her wedding. But I was thinking about, like just the flower arrangements, how much, how expensive that place was. But anyways, I love that bar that they have there with the green tile, the seafood bar. It's amazing with the fish swimming in the good the thing. But let me tell you, there are some situations that go down in Paul Beach and late night.
Speaker 2: It gets so entro tate me.
Speaker 1: I just sat back and I watch and the Clientele ality show. Oh my God, why do you not have a reality show? Probably because they want to have more discretion or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's so good you watching me into housewives stuff right now.
Speaker 3: No I'm not either. I need to. Actually, this is a great segue into our headlines. I need to finish the Beckham docu series. And I bring this up because we have a headline David Beckham talking about his wife Victoria. You actually sent me this Instagram post. You and I have been on a real rant about being a strong woman, working hard, working your ass off. And he was so lovely talking about his wife. I don't know who he was talking to, but he was saying, yes, she's beautiful, Yes she was sexy. Yes I fancied her, But in all honesty, I like a strong woman and I like the facts she works hard. And I was like, thank you, David Beckham.
Speaker 2: M hmm, yeah.
Speaker 3: Becaun't see you too.
Speaker 1: Anyone that hasn't watched that their documentary, it's fantastic for a lot of different reasons, you realize. I mean they were so famous, so famous, I mean they still are famous, but like soccer, and like European soccer, and then even the how much hate he got when he came over here and then like selling out to MLS and all the different people's thoughts that they had on that. But they were and continue to be so in love and adorable. But I just when I read that, I was, I don't know. I just appreciate that, yes, you can check those boxes if you want to be attracted to someone and all these other things. But working hard and then being confident. I thought that that was really inspiring to be. And he's hot. He had a lot of different hot phases, like do I like shaved head beck.
Speaker 2: I'm better than long hair Beckham like he was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will say this about him too. They have gone to the King's Game quite a bit. And two things about him. He is always so nice. Their kids are so polite. They're always in this little bar area and they're just always like, hi, how are I Like, just a very very nice family. And I really really appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I got to tell you there would be no yes, I'm not having children, maybe, but I don't think there would be a greater compliment than to have someone come up and.
Speaker 2: Say your children are so well mannered.
Speaker 1: I agree, Like if you can give I mean, MAC will be because you will ensure that he is between you and Jared. There is no other option than for him to be, you know, well mannered. But like even like for those like Stafford girls, when they're just like yes ma'am, yes, Miss Aaron, like the teaching your kids manners and so you can set them up for success when they go out into the world and they're not assholes and just being polite and being kind. I was with a bunch of women this weekend shout out to Mercedes because yes, Mercedes is a wonderful company for a lot of different reasons. But I've been lucky enough to be an ambassador for theirs for about like seven years, and they've given me the greatest moment that I've ever had in my life with my father, to go to a master's with him and have like this incredible experience and like you just never I never take that for granted. But also they do great women empowerment thing and it was the weekend of Women. It really felt like between you know, the Women's Final Four and everything that happened with Caitlin Clark and Don Staley and all of the different storylines around women.
Speaker 2: I know you're wearing the power of sheet sweatshet right now.
Speaker 1: But anyways, I got to get together with a bunch of women this weekend, and let's face it, women are not always like supportive, and sometimes they can be caddie. I left there being so appreciative that there was a room fall of about forty women and these are CEOs of Fortune five hundred companies and cmos and CFOs and all of these really accomplished women that all got together with Mercedes invite and invites and we had the best time.
Speaker 2: And I was just reminded.
Speaker 1: How wonderful it is to like support other women and also just get out of your comfort zone because like sometimes when you go into those situations, I knew no one, Like I didn't know one of these women prior to getting there. And I left and like have a bunch of new, you know, acquaintances that like when life will take you out and hopefully meet it back up again. But I just felt very inspired by that, and I wanted to just give a shout out to Mercedes for like bringing women together for that, because I felt like all weekend, whether it was around the NCAA tournament or just in general, like women like together.
Speaker 3: You can do a lot of things. All right, let's hit another headline. My ex husband is demanding I change my name back to my maiden name after twelve years because of his twenty four year old fiance is jealous. I still use it. I think you should change it too. It's been twelve years. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why you want to hang on Ryandy guy.
Speaker 2: Ryan is joining us now.
Speaker 1: We love segments that also involve a guy's perspective. And for those of you not familiar with who Ryan is and those of you Ryan, Ryan's our wonderful producer.
Speaker 2: And Ryan's reactions.
Speaker 1: It's been a minute, so right, Aaron and I feel the same way on this, Like you want to leave your husband or you guys get a divorce, but you want to hold on to his name.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 4: Okay, So, the one thing I will say about this having my wife and I have now been married for three years, and she was always going to take my name, so there was no question about that. But it did take her a while to go through the whole process of the new passport, the new security credit.
Speaker 3: It's been twelve years.
Speaker 5: I get it, I.
Speaker 4: Get it, but I understand why you might not want to go through that hassle.
Speaker 5: So I will side with that bullshit.
Speaker 4: But what I will say is this, the husband clearly didn't care until now there's another woman involved, because if it's been twelve years, and obviously I mean if this fiance.
Speaker 5: Is twenty four, yeah, you know this must.
Speaker 4: Be a recent thing that they've taken on. So clearly there are some other things behind the scenes that the ex husband's being tasked with. So I can see you why why there may be a bit of a battle here between the two women involved.
Speaker 1: I do think it's interesting there are only other caveat that because I still think you just it's not I thought it was a pain in the ass to get my renew my license erin goes go online.
Speaker 2: It takes five seconds. Guess who's got a new license me?
Speaker 1: Like, you think these things are going to be cumbersome, and they could be easier than not. I even make married twice. I never changed my last name ever, so I won't try to pretend like I know the arduous said process that it is. But if you have kids, I get there's also that thing, like you, it's easier to have the same last name, But like you're divorced.
Speaker 3: Like you're divorced. I mean, she obviously doesn't want to change it now because there's a twenty four year old fiance in the wings. But girl, come on, I mean no, I would really be more concerned about changing the password to the bank account than the last name.
Speaker 1: You know in your delta flight because he'll cancel flights. Do you know what I mean I do?
Speaker 3: I'm crazy.
Speaker 2: Yikes. Okay, next sheets.
Speaker 1: We've talked about this before cet Go had. Okay, if you don't wash your new bed sheets, you should. Here's a horrifying reason. Okay, betting is new factories all this kind of thing. Banished bedbugs is one of the reasons why you should wash your sheets. Storage facilities and stores can also be infested with insects like beetles, and bedbugs also strip unhealthy chemical chemicals used in dyeing in.
Speaker 2: The process of fabric.
Speaker 1: Okay, so various reasons to wash your sheets beforehand.
Speaker 2: I understand that.
Speaker 1: But when we saw the headline, admittingly, I said, I don't wash my new clothes when I get them. I don't wash my jeans, I don't wash my shirts when either and I just ripped the tag off and put them on.
Speaker 2: Couldn't you say the same thing.
Speaker 1: The dyes, the factories, the like sitting on a shelf like and clothes are on your body sheets.
Speaker 2: Ryan Ryan, Ryan's head. Ryan's reaction, Why do you wait?
Speaker 1: Why do you think that not washing your sheets is worse than not washing your clothes?
Speaker 4: So I guess I'm giving clothing companies a little bit more of a pass that I'm assuming.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, yeah, maybe I shouldn't be.
Speaker 4: But in my head when we first sort of read this and talked about it, if if it's out on a hangar, or it's been folded and it's.
Speaker 5: Put out on display, it feels even worse.
Speaker 3: Other people have tried it on or touched it, or.
Speaker 5: You bring it out to zoo. Perhaps I should.
Speaker 2: Change my bathing suits. Those liners do not protect no one.
Speaker 4: That one, you're entering a different and bathing suits underwear that one I totally understand.
Speaker 1: Disgusting underwear if you don't wash your underwear before you put it on, and you think about all the people that have touched it and picked it up looking for the size. Dinge mcdinge, mcdinge, Sure, Yeah, I guess. Although I sleep naked. I sleep naked. So if you're if that point is I should be washing my sheets.
Speaker 5: You should definitely.
Speaker 3: Definitely, I know beetles and bed bugs are in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the bed sheets was a no brainer. Anytime you're buying new bed sheets, it felt like those things.
Speaker 1: No, I know, I know better, I think I do, I do, I do, but in a pinch, and it's like, oh, you just throw them on. I did that on guest rooms. I guess I'm thinking more guest rooms. If you're going to stay in a guest bedroom of mine, your sheets haven't been washed, but they're brand new, they just haven't been washed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess it just makes me think of hotels and how nasty they really are. I know why. Yes, I am a diva about where I stay, but this is why. Listen, I've spent my time twenty freaking years and some nasty ass hotels, And when you put your head down at night, I realize I've hijacked this conversation and it's going somewhere else. I don't want to think about who's been in them before and what bugs are creepy crawling around.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I got to worry about the like, okay.
Speaker 2: But I'm going to tell you something.
Speaker 3: Kickoff.
Speaker 1: When we were staying in a nice hotel and Dominique, Sweet Dominique, who travels with me for Thursday night football, she found I under the bed that was a sex toy. That was a sex toy under the bed. No, I'm not going to out them. Whoa a sex toy under the Bedique?
Speaker 4: A lot of hotels nowadays they put up the barriers underneath the bed so things kick no underneath there?
Speaker 1: So well, no, it wasn't like it wasn't like there wasn't like a you could look all the way under, but like it was far enough where it's like it's there, not the platform bed that I know what you're.
Speaker 5: Talking to you do you ever?
Speaker 4: So Dominique found it. Do you do the scan of the room when you check in, because I feel like that's goin.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't think I needed to, but I went in your room. No, that was in Dominique's room.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, oh gotcha thought.
Speaker 1: And then she asked to be moved. And then she asked to be moved room. She was like, can I move rooms? Like, oh, we're at full capacity and I'm like, oh my god, I would like be gagging laying in that bed thinking about who the guest was the time before and what my greatest Yeah, never mind.
Speaker 3: I go to hotels and you know how we've all like we go to a Dallas game and we all are always at the same hotel. I'm like, we've all slept in the same bed at some point together, you know what I mean. Like, I've definitely had a room that my crew members at. You know what I'm saying. Maybe this just got.
Speaker 1: Creepy, but no, No, when we went on the Fox Seminar. When we went on the Fox Seminar, my keys got mixed up with a former colleague of ours. I went to go in my room. He was already in my bed. Yeah, I know, Clay Travis. I'll say it, Clay Travis. I was like, he's like he was like this. He was like ah, and I was like ah, And I was like, what are you doing here? And he's like this is my room. I go, no, this is my room.
Speaker 3: Up play Yeah, So.
Speaker 5: What wasn't there stuff in the room? Like how did so?
Speaker 3: I have a lot of fun and the Fox out, I don't. I don't really throw stones and Clay we have some.
Speaker 5: Sh At some point one seminar.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, well, I hadn't even gotten to that point. So I go back the room. So when you check in, they're like, oh, we'll bring your stuff to your room because we're.
Speaker 2: Being you have to go straight to whatever. So I have the room keys.
Speaker 1: So by the time end of the night, yeah, I've had a few cocktails, but like my key works like.
Speaker 6: He was in her nightgown, you know, yeah, and so he was already in the room. So obviously like my stuff never made it to that room, but my keys were still the keys that he had.
Speaker 2: Like it got mixed up.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Clay Travis was in the bed and I was like, well, this is weird.
Speaker 2: I gotta go. That's great, Hawks, That's right.
Speaker 3: Is there anything on your mind that you want to want to give us a reaction on from anything that we've talked about today.
Speaker 4: You know, I will go back now that you say that too. Carissa's fear of being left out due to kids. Now, Aaron, I hate totally see and understand that you would be the very inclusive friend.
Speaker 5: I mean, case in points she already.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be friends with anyone else.
Speaker 4: Already, you already brought her to the vacation in Montana. But I will say to someone who my wife and I do not have kids at this point, and as people around us are starting to have more kids, it is a very real thing. Not in a mean spirited way, but the friends that you're with definitely start to do the kids playdates, and you just slowly start to see yourself not as involved in the activities that are going on.
Speaker 5: And like I said, it's not a like in an thing like I don't think they're.
Speaker 2: Nose, I'm malicious.
Speaker 1: It's just, yeah, you're not going to get invited because you don't have a kid. And they're not like, oh, we don't want to invite Stephen Chris. It's just like me, it won't make sense because they don't have a kid and they don't want to go to bush Garden.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 3: Everybody invited to my Easter, you were invited, you couldn't come. Everybody invited to my Easter didn't have a kid. We're the only ones that had a kid because we didn't want any kids there. We just wanted Mac. That was it. When Mac went to bed, we just started drinking.
Speaker 1: Well here's the other thing you are, And Ryan's right, you will always be aware of that because you're a wonderful person. But these other so called friends of mine are because not twenty.
Speaker 3: Five and I had a kid, so I know what it's like to be left out. We were the last one on the hockey team that didn't have a kid. But I'll say this, Jackie Quick always had everybody at our house even if they didn't have a kid. We never did, and it was like we just raised everybody else's kids. But we're still the fun couple. Now I feel bad because I'm like, God, I didn't really.
Speaker 1: Like what what is the for that time that we didn't have a Oh yeah, well I think about this. This is the only thing that I think about where it's like if you're going on a vacation with all your friends and their kids, like if I want to party and have a good time, like shit, I gotta like still take care of these kids.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not gonna be good.
Speaker 1: Like that's probably another reason why shouldn't like, oh, your kids need a battle. But I'm Susannah in Wes help.
Speaker 3: It's just how it is. So what did we do we went to Montana without our kid. We had a time. We didn't want you to leave.
Speaker 1: We did have a time, right your dream.
Speaker 2: Well, that's perfect.
Speaker 3: I don't want me to have a kid.
Speaker 2: Howie, he's still not over it.
Speaker 3: It's not that he's not over it, he's just really like today we did swim lessons. How he loves I was about to say pool, because you can't say pool in front of him. He was sad. Mac went in there. Mac is teething really really bad right now. So we've been giving him like a cold banana. That's how he's treat like how he's sitting there. I feel like his whole life is like falling apart.
Speaker 1: Oh, how we get so much love? Yeah, say text your love here in them. Oh, speaking of love, last thing, I'll say the let go.
Speaker 3: Love is blind.
Speaker 1: Love is not blind, especially for you, forty one year old, divorce, three kids from our pregame. You go out there, girl, and you go do your damn thing. But I got to give a shout out to Sweet Tim and Sweet Evan and the wonderful ladies that I met this weekend that listen to the podcast. Sweet Tim, who works at the Hospitality Suite that I see every year when I go to the Masters.
Speaker 2: He goes, I just love your podcast.
Speaker 1: And sweet Evan, who's a college kid who I think to myself, Oh my god, he why would you listen to this? You listen and you're so sweet. And I just love anyone that mentions that you actually listen to this podcast because we appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Tim, why don't you host us at the Masters? We'll do a pod from there.
Speaker 2: Tim is a time.
Speaker 3: Guys, speaking of something exciting. We have a teaser. We're not going to say what it is, but we're doing something really great in May.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Aaron and I are doing something that has always been a dream of mine. She's done something like this before. I have never done it this person, not with that person. But you've done something like it before, and it is.
Speaker 2: Really exciting.
Speaker 3: There's a new versation if we want to actually do something out there. I told you that, Ryan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm starting to put in the game right for me. I'm starting to get it. Yeah, I gotcha.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're so cute.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, we have very exciting news. No, and it doesn't involve Taylor Swift and Travis because anytime we make an announcement. It's like, okay, his number, guys, probably, but it is very exciting news for the Calm Down podcast, so we're excited to share it with you.
Speaker 2: We love you all.
Speaker 1: Keep the anonymous and the not so anonymous questions coming.
Speaker 3: But let us know if you need a reaction from i In too with any of your questions. He is available, He's not in Gala Audios. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.