Speaker 1: So does Job Morant like have a gun on him, like every time he walks out of the door, because that's kind of how it feels, isn't it. Like it's a It's like that that Snoop Dogg song where he's like put oil of a lay on my skin because my skin gets pale, and like I put my doggy underwear on and then I put my jawgun on inside of my sick Like, where what is happening with John Morant? Like the reason I asked this is because every time you hear about Jahn Morant, every time he's doing something outside of a basketball court, there's a gun every time. The latest is Saturday on Instagram, I don't know, cute Little Mother's Day, eve a stroll around the block listening to NBA Young Boy and one of Jo's friends was I on ig Live with like one hundred and thirty five people on it.
Speaker 2: Why who knows? Dumb? And so he's like doing something I don't know.
Speaker 1: He pans over to jaw and jaw just just I don't know, like does something twisty with the gun. The friend's like, oh shit, uh fuck jaw ig Live gun Bad drops the phone and somebody that was watching one of those one hundred and thirty five people screenshot. In that one half of a second, literally a half of a second, they showed Jaw with the gun in his hand near his head doing whatever he was doing. And now you're dead. You're done. It's a wrap for you. He was on IG Live with the gun for less than a half a second. Screenshots internets spread like wildfire, and now we got it on every single ESPN, Fox Sports, TMZ everywhere.
Speaker 2: So where are we at now?
Speaker 1: According to woj, Jaw's expected to face a lengthy suspension, not because if there's been some legal breach like it was in Shotgun Willie's, but because it was kind duck detrimental to the league, meaning, hey, Joe, you're fucking.
Speaker 2: With our money.
Speaker 1: And I think one of the most astounding things about this offseason that we're still talking about Jaw around guns. Like remember he admitted to making some terrible mistake. Remember he said he went to counseling for two weeks to get better and like learn better coping methods, and he promised us he would never be in this situation again. And Adam Silver believed him like a schmunck and gave him this soft penalty two game suspension plus the six he had imposed on himself with that time in therapy, and Jaw said this in his interview with Jalen Rose.
Speaker 3: Been there, you are holding a gun, and we both know how dangerous that can be. Who's gun were you holding? Well, the gun wasn't my. It's not who I am. I don't condone and any type of violence, but I take, you know, full of responsibility. You know from my actions, made a bad mistake, and I can see the image you know that I painted, you know, over myself, you know, with my recent mistakes. But you know, in the future, I'm gonna show everybody who John really is. You know what I'm about, and you know, change this narrative.
Speaker 1: And narrator says he did not change the narrative at all. I know how dangerous that can be. I don't condone violence. That that gun wasn't mine, like and that was a lie. Either Jaw has a gun on him at all times and plays with it like it's a toy, or he has friends that just allow him to play with their guns, whether they're loaded or not loaded, and play with their guns like toys. Either way, uh, dumb, very very dumb, extremely dumb. Can we be honest about this for a second. The dumb thing about this is that there's a lot of smoke already around Jaw. At this very moment, at this very moment that we sit, he is being sued by someone, a kid, a miner, that he beat up because the kid threw a basketball at him. That's happening right now, right now. The NBA is investigating Jaw, and they have been investigating Jaw for over a year for multiple incidents surrounding a gun. Multiple incidents surrounding a gun. His lawyers know this, his advisors know this.
Speaker 2: Jahn Morant knows this.
Speaker 1: Okay, he got a light suspension just two months ago the NBA, the All NBA list came out, I don't know what was it. Three days ago, Jahn Morant was left off the list because of this incident with a gun at Shotgun Willie's and he ends up losing out on forty million dollars.
Speaker 2: And okay, so there's heat on you, Jaw. Three days later, what do you do.
Speaker 1: You're hanging out flashing guns with dudes who call themselves double tap two double tip aka two shots to the head double tap the guy's name on Instagram who filmed that D tap two double tap two. If you can't tell that the D is for tap double, it's because he also put the two after it as well, D tap two.
Speaker 2: So now you know.
Speaker 1: So you got Jaw with his friends who are all cause playing gangbangers crips, I think.
Speaker 2: And this is like the.
Speaker 1: Kind of dude who's used your name on call of duty is like gangster for life forever and like uses skull and crossbones emoji like okay, dude, yeah we get it.
Speaker 2: You're like you kill people. Oh, very funny ha.
Speaker 1: And in doing all of this, he makes Adam Silver look like an idiot. You got the commissioner who gave you a light suspension took you aside and said, okay, Jaw, like I'm gonna give you a slap on the wrist because we want to see you in the playoffs, but like, you have to promise me you're not gonna do any of this dumb shit again. He's like, Okay, I won't do any of this dumb shit again. And he does all the same dumb shit all the way again, and you know it's bad because you real deal six O Crips going on TV and being like, yes, we don't claim him.
Speaker 2: He's not a gangbanger. He doesn't do any of this. He's an idiot.
Speaker 1: When you got six O Crips being like, yeah, uh, this guy's dumb. We're we're gangbangers and we think he's also dumb, like you're dumb. And now instead of us being like, okay, is this the year that Jaw finally wins an MVP? Is this the year the Memphis breaks over the breakthrough, we have to say, oh, is this the year the drum rant misses an entire fucking year of basketball because he's so dumb that he can't stop playing with guns on ig Live like a fifteen year old girl on Snapchat.
Speaker 2: That's that's where we're at in the conversation with Jaw.
Speaker 1: He's probably gonna lose a half a season at least, that's where we're at with Jaw. He is going to miss a half a season in the prime of his career just because he can't stop cosplaying a six to oh crip For whatever reason, he thinks that makes him cool and tough and like closer to the NBA. Young boy, So so very dumb, this is to be the biggest story not only of the offseason but this year's regular season two and there's only one person to blame, and he doesn't have an IG account named d tap two.
Speaker 2: Alert Alert.
Speaker 1: The Phoenix Suns have fired former Coach of the Year Monty Williams less than a year after inking him to a lucrative extension. Matt Ishbia has literally wrote written Monty Williams a twenty million dollar check for him to go Bye bye, Dame Wave, see you later. So some people are shocked, but I guess when you lose two closeout games by thirty in consecutive years, the rioting's probably on the wall.
Speaker 2: So my thoughts on this are as falls.
Speaker 1: I think part of the reason that Monty Williams got fired is the same reason that he won Coach of the Year, which is he can take a team from eighteen wins to the finals.
Speaker 2: Can he take him to win a championship? The answer very clearly is no.
Speaker 1: He's reached a point where his ceiling was met when the rosters were good enough to win a championship. We don't know what that ceiling is for Wes Unsell Junior, because he'll never have a roster that good. But we now know that Monty Williams is not good enough as a coach to reach a championship. We have seen Monty Williams's problems in terms of in game adjustments. We see that he shortens his rotations in the playoffs to the point where it is detrimental to the team. And now it is coming out that he is rubbing players the wrong way. And if you believe that Aighton is a super talent and you think he can become a cornerstone of your team moving forward, and Ayton is at a crossroads and an in pass with Monty Williams, one of those two guys has to go. One guy is making max money for the next five years and one guy is not. So the guy that's not making max money and your new owner Ishbia, you gots to go.
Speaker 2: Uh second.
Speaker 1: And then you add in matt Ishbiah, who's like, I guess they said it on Twitter, and I think this is right. I think matt Isshbia probably has main Carer syndrome where he believes he is the protagonist in every part of the life that he's living.
Speaker 2: He is the center of the universe. That's like I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's like shocking that a billionaire would be like an egomaniac, but it is. It's possible, So Joe Sie vibes I'm getting from matt Ishbia. Wants to make splashy trades, wants to get in to the kind of like Rob Plink a little bit.
Speaker 2: Like, wants to own the narrative.
Speaker 1: Wants to make a splash, not afraid to spend money because he wants the narrative to be on him. He wants Now he's running the ship. Apparently he has taken control over all basketball operations, which, like, that's never been bad before when an owner has like taken over and not delegated to people who are smarter or more invested in basketball than him.
Speaker 2: Like, but whatever, it's his team. He owns it now.
Speaker 1: So there's a lot of chatter about where Moni is gonna go next, and we'll talk about that in a second. But what I think is really interesting is who matt Ishbia is going to hire next. The main character syndrome, well, Mattieshpia from Detroit. There are a couple of names that are circulating I think would be awful.
Speaker 2: One is tom Izzo.
Speaker 1: Do you think tom Izzo and DeAndre Aiden are gonna get along, like if Monnie Williams didn't get along with DeAndre Aiden. I promise you a college coach who has been leading in his own like control freak kind of way is not gonna vibe with DeAndre Ayden. And then the second is maybe even worse. Isaiah Thomas, Isaiah Thomas, the guy who ran the Knicks into the ground as a GM and head coach combo. This could get ugly fast. This could get real ugly, real fast. In terms of MANI, I think that MANI should go to a place that is like what Phoenix was when he took over, and an eighteen win team like the Detroit Pistons, a team that has a bunch of young talent that needs to get a culture set. As for the son's next coach, like I said, they're interviewing Nick Nurse, They're interviewing Mike Budenholzer.
Speaker 2: They are a rumored to also be interested in Tyleru.
Speaker 1: I like all those names personally much more than I like Isaiah Thomas or tom Izzo. I would personally like someone like Jordi Fernandez from the Kings, or maybe a Becky Hammond from the Las Vegas Aces, but I very very doubt that Ishbio will hire an unknown. The bottom line is this, you now have three coaches of the Year in the past five years who are now unemployed, four if you count Dwaine Casey, two of whom have won NBA Championships. All I could say it's a cool world out there. It's a cool, cold world. Whether it turns out to be the right decision or not all depends on what comes next.