Speaker 1: Welcome into the Command Center Podcast. On today's show, presented by Cognier Technologies. We won and we're in.
Speaker 2: Yes, most stays.
Speaker 1: Feels good to be in the playoffs, Jaydon Daniels, I mean, you must have been a history major in college, because he just loves making history every single game, every single week, doing special stuff.
Speaker 2: You got the Rookie of the Year on Lock in the Bag, put them on it in the bank.
Speaker 1: Is he the most valuable player for this team? Great quest, great question. And then we've got the Dallas preview. Make sure you bring your shades at games at one o'clock. It all starts right now, and welcome into the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan falls in here with Fred Spoots and Tenemas and from all of us to all of you, Happy New Year. And what a way to bring the new year in with a kind of a pseudo playoff win, you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 2: No, everything from here, folks is the playoffs, Like this is.
Speaker 3: You started the playoffs actually before the Eagle game to be so everything.
Speaker 2: Has playoff status to it.
Speaker 3: And that's why I think people are kind of mixed feelings about this Cowboy game, Like do you wrench the players and get ready for the playoff game. Do you say, let's go beat the Cowboys and put some people that might be limping into the playoffs in there.
Speaker 2: That's a good question, it's.
Speaker 4: A great question.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I don't I don't have an answer to that, but damn sure. Feel good to know that we clinched. Yeah, spot. I mean it was gut wrenching man sitting here. Yeah, I'm here we go again.
Speaker 2: Emotions all over the playff West.
Speaker 4: That's one thing about Northwest stateium. Man, has it failed us?
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I told you at the beginning of the year it had this thing about it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Man, I'm glad they got it done.
Speaker 5: And now it's time to say, Okay, at least we could go into this week already knowing that we have a spot.
Speaker 3: And it's so funny, fellas, we've been in the opposite position of the Cowboys. We was usually hating, no nim going into the playoffs, trying to get that last victory before the off season start, And now they looking at us like, you know what they want to say this, Well, you didn't beat the.
Speaker 4: Cowboys this year. Period. This is what they want to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely. But before we start talking about the Cowboys, let's kind of kind of recap the Falcons Falcons game, right, so, you know, let's just start off like we always doing it. I'll start with Tannel, like, what were your guess high level thoughts offense, defense, and anything that stuck out to you.
Speaker 4: You know, high level thoughts.
Speaker 5: Man, What stood out to me is just and I spoke to you about about this a minute ago, how we are able to make adjustments in game, adjustments as a team. You know, you very rarely see a team that can't do something in the first half or throughout the game, that something that just seemed to be a throwing and you know what, and for some of our reason through while they're playing in that first half, just seemed like we couldn't stop John Robinson, Like this guy is like every time he ran.
Speaker 4: It was almost like watching Alfred Morris the.
Speaker 5: First couple of years of his year's hit in that offense that we had with cal and them, Like, no one can stop Alfred.
Speaker 4: I don't care what what they tried to do. We just found a way. He found a way.
Speaker 5: And that's how I was looking at I'm like, man, you know I know this offense is similar to what we ran. Yeah, but wow, why we can't seem to you know, that slow him down.
Speaker 4: They're going in halftime and it's a different ballgame.
Speaker 5: Like the defense came out once we got chewed out, you know, back then at halftime in the locker room, and even offensively, you know what I mean, they sparked that second half and it was a whole different team. So to me, that's what stood out, Like the last few weeks, we were able to make in game, you know, adjustments and come out a different team.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I felt like, hey, just be honest, Michael Pennis can play some football. Like he looked good and we just played an offense with I thought they offensive lied to me. Is a top ten offensive lie in football. B John Robinson to see him in live in action.
Speaker 1: Dude, dude, Like he was again like on the sideline and stuff like just his ability to BA I think I think someone told me he was number one in the NFL and mistackle rates Yeah, like close to one hundred of year ninety nine before the game, and I think he left for like one hundred and ten or hundred and fifteen. Yeah, But like his ability to consistently make the first guy miss, his ability to consistently get skinny, his ability to get his shoulder square on contact. Like when he that dude special.
Speaker 2: When he turns the corner.
Speaker 3: I'm watching him with other pro ad warm speed making him look like all of them run five flats. Yeah, Like I was like, this dude is an ankle breaker, Like he breaks angles. I didn't play it against a bat. Couple of backs like that.
Speaker 2: Riggie Bush was very much.
Speaker 1: Funny because he's not like like track fast. He didn't time super fast. I think around like a four four five.
Speaker 4: With that ball. He got power and speed like a combination.
Speaker 1: Is he's five elevenies to twenty five. People forget how big he is.
Speaker 4: Yeah he's yeah, Like you know what. You know. What's strange to me is just how they haven't tapped into his potentially.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they don't.
Speaker 5: It's like I'm watching Kristin McCaffrey, A bigger Kristin McCaffrey more dangerous. When I when I say dangerous, I mean he has a different kind of Uh he gets behind his past a little.
Speaker 4: Different Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: He comes with a different force, a different power, But he has the same kind of look like like gears and just agility, and he doesn't get used enough. And I mean maybe because they have the other back there, and and maybe because he's still young and they're trying to allow him to just tap into, you know, getting to get out his own head.
Speaker 4: But man, I see so much potential that's not being used.
Speaker 1: I mean I think also to that point, like dude, run that double move that slant and go where he's one on one with Kwan and he runs and that should have been probably an exposive play. Again, like I agree Tanner, Like when you watch him, he's Christian McCaffer I think it's a really good comp and and I know that's kind of a gotty comp feels gotty because he's the best back we've seen in the last ten years, fifteen years. He's probably a Hall of Famer, but like he's he's very sid when you watch him in person. Yeah, it feels that way. And so the other thing I wanted to kind of ask you, Fred, because Tanner brought it up, was like, we couldn't we having a hard time stopping to run the first half. Obviously they did make some adjustments, but when I look at the secondary some of the linebacker play, it just feels like there's some issues with run fits. Yeah, and is that stuff that they can get corrected? And most of den like, what's the best way to kind of clean that up?
Speaker 4: Well, think about it.
Speaker 3: Also, you have to get to the point where a lot of people playing a lot of too high safety right now, and you have to have confidence in the outside corners to bring them safeties in the box to help you stop the run. Now, yesterday was kind of odd because we knew before this game started they run outsides on more than any team in the NFL.
Speaker 4: They don't straight away from it.
Speaker 3: They're not really an a gap be get running team until our gier comes into the game and with them knowing as attacking us. I was very shocked to look at the paper yesterday and Bobby wagging only seven tackles, So they're telling me they had those linebackers running sideline to sideline.
Speaker 2: Frankie Louvu one tackle. I was blown away by.
Speaker 3: But then when I looked at who leads the team in tackles on one morning and Jeremy chin So I was like, all right, so now it's telling me that the running backs getting to the second level.
Speaker 2: These guys are forced to make a tackle.
Speaker 4: Now you switch it.
Speaker 3: After the halftime, they brought Kun and Chin down into the box and forced them to beat us with Drake London, which Drake London, Yeah, start to give us, give us problems. So I think it has a lot to do with kind of the marsh On Lattimore effect. How should I say that he is almost the key to freeing Coach witt up to say, I can call it whatever I want, but until then I had to kind of pace myself in and try to keep everything in front of me. That's how I feel like they was playing, and to me, I would have been more funnling than everything. Back to the A and the B gap and try to protect them edges because I know that he's a he's an edge runner.
Speaker 1: And I got really excited with the happy New Year stuff because it's the New Year today. I forgot to thank Cognire. They're representing sponsor Secure Today, Shape Tomorrow. We really appreciate Cognore and all they do for the show. We couldn't do the show without them, So thank you. So New Year to Cognire as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most definitely so again.
Speaker 1: One of the things I wanted to bring up about the run fits. It's like sometimes when I watch, especially in sub and Atlanta did a really good job. I thought of like saying, Hey, we're gonna take a little motion, kind of like that jet motion where the machine receivers motioning away, kind of out the Nichol's gonna bump out, and then all of a sudden there are a gap sure to the front side, you know what I'm saying. And then obviously you get Drake London blocking the safety at a really high level. It just seemed like they presented a lot of problems in the first half. Formationally, Yeah, they made it really challenging.
Speaker 5: They schemed it up, well, yeah, they schemed it the real will and and and and just to add to what you saw.
Speaker 4: I saw that too, and I didn't know how how much they used. McCloud. I think his name Ray Ray, McLoud.
Speaker 5: Ray, because I've been knowing Raray for a while. Then his dad used to text back and forth when he was in college, and he's just telling me how special his son was, and he was a big his dad was a big fan of mine, you know, back when I was in UM He's like, man, I want you to get him my son here and so me and Ray Ray will always text, especially when he was in San France. He would ask me questions, you know, how he should take on you know, Lennon Hankerson being a receiver coach.
Speaker 4: I just give him the tips.
Speaker 5: But I had been watching them this year and I know they're using primarily as a special team guy. But when I saw him in the office, I was like, man, he really makes this offense they use, you know.
Speaker 4: So when I saw.
Speaker 5: Him moving and they was giving the ball here and there, I'm like, well, damn, he might be the he might be the guy we need the team and slow down.
Speaker 4: But then the other guys got active. So it was just to me.
Speaker 5: I think schematically they found a way to put us in some fits where we couldn't get out of it. And then we had to say, Okay, you know I told you about home. You know, Bo, you were talking football. Both was like, Bro, we gotta cloud it, we gotta, we gotta, we gotta, we gotta go out there and zone it because we gotta match up with these guys. They kind of pound for pound got us because they got elite athletes.
Speaker 2: Cale Pencon's elite.
Speaker 3: He hasn't played elite, but he's an elite tight end when it comes to skill set. And Drake London, for all the talk they talk about, he's a true number one wide receiver lead. So they can actually attack you, however, at whatever level they want to, with whichever player they want to. So I can see a defensive coat, I mean coordinator in like sensory overload. Say, I'm gonna play this safe, so I keep all of these guys in front of me instead of trying to individually win battles with them. Like this what I think took away from not having Marshall on because think about it, here we go, he go had a dumbino's file.
Speaker 2: I put marsha On on Drake London. Damn, that's taken care of.
Speaker 3: I could put Jeremy Chin on Kyle Pitts like taking care of.
Speaker 1: May be nervous in the game watching it from the sideline, just because like Kyle Pitts is, like you said, maybe hasn't played elite, but he can still win get down the field. But yeah, sorry, Fred, go ahead.
Speaker 3: You know, I just feel like with having that many whips, it's better just to play zone and try to keep everything in front of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so one of the things they did a lot of and they were really successful with it where they played a lot more to man than they played the last couple of weeks. Right, they kind of you know, had man up underneath the pick is in two man. Yeah, they have a two sacks and two man And again that's like kind of a nice little wrinkle and a little bit more aggressive than I thought they would be. But again it allows the DBS to kind of play that trail technique, be behind the rest, have a little bit of help over top, take away those digs and in cuts that which again that offense really you know, think about drift, think about tana like those types of deep in breaking routes that really are problematic. But you know, Teddy also mentioned adjustments. One of the things that jumps out as a difference from the first half to the second half, and they didn't do a ton of it because only had like six rushes in the second half, was they moved around paying a defensive end. So you know, back in when Dan was in Seattle used to have like a like a big end who was like a defensive tackle that would play over the tight end, and it was awesome for them because he could really blunt the edge and keep everything inside. So yeah, so they moved Derwan to that position. They brought in homes for the weekend, and they had these two basically three hundred pound ends. They kind of boxed everything up. I think the corners Davis, for example, the first outside zone, did a great job kind of fit in the run, getting nice and tight. So they did make some adjustments and they did play a little bit more physically in the second half. But I think maybe the number one driver in the difference in the first half from the second half in defensive reduction was how the offense possessed the football.
Speaker 2: Just Kip kept it.
Speaker 5: On the sideline most definitely, that's how you stop off and and that was Jayden by himself at times.
Speaker 4: You know that five basically be with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, uh, Jason always does such a great job finding like research notes, but this is the first time two scoring drives of seven plus minutes, Like, think about that, they possessed the ball on two scoring drives for seven plus minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the entire overttack, the entire it was.
Speaker 1: It was crazy to watch it again. A lot of that's Jade and we're going to talk about Jaden here in a second. But the one thing in addition to kind of stopping the run, in addition to the offensive efficiencies in the third quarter, is this felt a lot like the Eagles game. A little bit of a slow start, had a hard time stopping the run in the first half.
Speaker 4: A lot of.
Speaker 2: Penalties, tons of penalties.
Speaker 1: Is the question that I've been getting naked. It's like, is this is this who the team is? Right?
Speaker 3: I think they who they need to be like, they are team that they figure it out, they problem solve doing a game, and they ended he's a closer and when you have a closer, he waits like. The one thing I can say about it when you in trouble called the Avengers right because they got a superhero fuck and JD five, Jedi five said I'm gonna take this into my hands yesterday. That's what it felt like to me. I'm gonna go out here and I'm gonna try to win this game and I'm going to like I hate like Hi, goa think about it. It's a couple of quarterbacks in this league. If they get the last possession, we automatic think they win the game. If I say Tom Brady in the game, last possession, you tell me what victory. If I say Pat Mahone's last possession of the game, you don't care if it's ninety nine yards he got to go.
Speaker 2: Well, Jaden is developing this. If you give me the ball, you have lost.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But I guess what I'm saying is like they I heard this analogy about Andrew Luck. It was on a podcast. I was listening to it. Basically, like, you know, Andrew Luck is notorious for two minute drives into game right, just winning football games, but it's also the reason they're in The reason they're in those is because what happened before. And I look at again the penalties, and again this crew seemed a little bit penalty heavy. Yeah, and then the defensive slow start, the offensive slow start, you kind of put yourself in this position where you got to be great down the stretch. I know we've seen elements of this team look different, but I guess that's what I'm saying, is like, what can they do to kind of get themselves going a little bit? Clean up some of the penalties. And again, some of those penalties are on the fact that theaters in the game pre snap penalties, snapcount stuff, and that that happens with the new center. But just that's something that I think a lot of fans are maybe a little bit concerned about heading to the playoffs. And you know, you guys are smart guys, So I figured i'd ask you about.
Speaker 4: It to me and just just my take on it. Offensive.
Speaker 5: But you got to get back to just being able to run run effectively, you know what I mean. I think that put a stop to a lot of the things that we saw. We have seen you know, the last what about five or six games, you know, when it comes to us not being able to be effective in the run game with our running backs. Do you think it's it's kind of both to me. I look at it from an old line standpoint. When we had you know, Beyondah out, the game got wildly nicked up.
Speaker 4: We got these changing you know, you got Goldman, compress.
Speaker 5: Paul coming in, you got you know, you got Coleman being looking like a rookie lately, you know what I mean, Like guys are being able to hone in on certain things that that we didn't know what was weak. But they're saying Okay, that week here, that's going ahead and attack this. So to me, that's to me, that's the big picture. But at the same time too, when it comes to as a whole defensively offensively, you know, you have key spots on the defensive side. You mentioned my Sean Ademore. We only had a one game, but that one game into a lot when we were able to do things up front. Then you get johnnan Athlen back. You know, he plays different. They played different together with you know, Ja and the game. So I think a lot of that stuff will kind of be something that they work on, you know what I mean, just with the new bodies and the bodies that's not here going forward because we have to and I think the adjustments being made in the second half show what we can do with those guys, because you look at our center. He played a completely different game than we saw two weeks ago when he got in there and played. Look at defense. Whatever they did first half they didn't do second half. They hone in on all of that stuff. So to me, it's just about knowing what we can do with the guys that we have at hand. Hey, if we don't have Marshawn we got to be better in the secondary. We got to be better at corner. We got to be able to do some things that we want to do upfront just to protect you guys, so we won't be in a situation, a compromise situation having you guys in man all the time.
Speaker 4: So stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Is you think, do y'all think as simple as both sides of the ball is about the run game. Defense stopping to run, offense being able to run. So is it ground game that needs to be cured on both sides to get us back to what most people will say is normalcy.
Speaker 1: I think that's good, that's a good way to think about it. But to me, offensively, I think when they've been at their best this year, it's not they're not the football. They're possessive, posib Yeah, And so like you know, Jane does such a good job with the quick game. Obviously, Cliff does a good job calling that stuff. Jane does a good job as a scrambler, right, and then if you look at the third quarter, like the hit a trap for a big play, they hit like a little kind of Wanda wind back for a big play, you know, big play. I'm talking eight ten twelve yards something like that. But I do think like when this team seems to be I know, we get fixated as fans and analyst on running the ball, right, that's a big thing. And I understand why it's comfortable, it's safe. It shows a certain level of physicality you can pose you on in the team. But I honestly feel like they're at their best when they have a couple the drives going that the opposing defense fatigues and then you throw b Robin there. It's not like that's not our fastball. To me, it feels like a little bit of a change out and that's when it's at its best. Especially again, this is something that we haven't really talked about a ton, but they are banged up on the old line.
Speaker 4: Oh no, they like think about it.
Speaker 1: Trent Scott, bless his heart, is your third tackle, he's played significant minutes in this game. Is your backup center, right, Like, you don't usually see a lot of success when you're on your third tackle in a game and then your backup center. And so the fact they were able to make it work in certain situations, and that's a huge technical drop off from a run scheme standpoint, I think a testament to the coaching staff and test them to those guys. But I think it's you got to understand, like what is good. Everyone says run the football. To me, it's possessed the ball to run the ball, and I think that would kind of deleverage that offensive line. And then to your original point, Fred, the reverse of that is can you stop the run? And to me, it's not necessarily the D line, it's the linebacker and secondary fits where it gets a little bit confusing, Like I see, you know there's a play where I'm thinking they're running duo and Bobby Wagner identifies it plays at the front side of the run and Bejeon cuts it back and it's like, you're not technically in your gap, you know what I'm saying. So like getting some of that stuff cleaned up, to me, is maybe more important than like actual D line play if.
Speaker 3: No, no, because it's it's his first level of the run, second level to run, third level of the run, and we all got to be right where we need to be. Like that what stops a lot of corners from playing early not the covering part the run fits interesting and in most corners then they was never extra run for Fit in college. So when they have to do this, and think about it, if if you got Bobby Wagner supposed to be in the B gap, but it's the play moves the B gap kind of floats. He overruns it just a little bit. You can't do that with a bag because he's gonna put one foot in the ground.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know if you saw that, but that's like exactly what happened. There was multiple times where dudes are it's either the boot action they're getting I'm talking a little loose, I'm talking two steps out of position and Jon's gosh, and so it's not necessarily d line. There's, like we talked about some of the motion where you get soft to the front side, they hit it to the front side. It's some of that stuff to me that needs to be kind of thought through a little bit to kind of again help the trenches, help help stoping the run, help running the football with But.
Speaker 3: The thing I can say is you have to take a lot from this game because of the brain child at his offense.
Speaker 2: Very much gonna be similar to what McVeigh.
Speaker 1: He's gonna go on to you from Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from Atlanta. Now, Carl Williams, he can run the boy he ain't.
Speaker 1: It's funny because it is it's the same offense, yeah, and the same defense approximately, Like it's the same defensive tree and the same offensive tree.
Speaker 3: And the one thing about it is they run a lot of that wide zone that they are turned into an inside run with cutn't cutting the big guy here, So therefore they don't call the.
Speaker 2: A gap run.
Speaker 3: They turned that into the run case. Think about this. If you overrun it, you don messed up. If you don't run far enough, he gonna keep on. So it's a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario when you play this offense. But they're gonna have to fast an answer because you're going to see this offense again.
Speaker 5: And that's why it's good to have a back like the ones that you see in this offense, like a B. John and you see the Doe saying, Yeah, those guys there, they can make it. They can make theirself right. They can make that make the office right anytime, because they could just put one ft in the ground and keep it moving.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I think obviously there's a lot of kind of technical stuff there. Oh, you know, run the football a little bit better. But I think the main storyline coming out of this game is Jane Daniels and you. I was talking to your post games and you were like, man, he just put the team on his back. Yeah, when and go get it?
Speaker 5: When you get I mean he outwheeled his way up and down that field that last the fourth quarter, last drive, and then the overtime drive. You just saw a guy that's I'm possessed right now. I'm playing with that that I got that Mario mushroom right now. I can't be stuffing in the zone. I mean, I mean, you know when you came in the gage es Bro, I was watching a guy that we was like, and don't get me wrong, you know we all cringe at times when he took it.
Speaker 4: I ain't crashed one time over time. I was like, I feel you take it over yours, Go get it, you want it? He remember how we say who wanted bad enough?
Speaker 2: He wants it and he does it in so many different ways.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like if I need my feet so bid, if I need to rock it in there, and I can only wonder if the other defensive coordinat on the opposite side line. What are you calling this safe enough? Because I can't call a lot of men because I really want to, because they be like, hey, they got Terry and we don't know who else. But I can't have my DB's turn my back on him because if my DB's turned my back on five, he'll be running beside them. So I'm forced to plays on. And then you notice the team that said, you know what, I'm a zone bits and I'm a man up. They hit us with curveballs Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: I'm a man up and not worry about it. But most teams legitly forced the play as his own and get the job done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's it's really kind of I was trying to because everyone said, oh, it's a special performance, it's so unique, and to me, like what makes it special? Like that's that's why we're analystis right? Why is this a special performance? And to be this stat here kind of shows that he's the second player this season with two h of yards plus passing and one hundred yards plus running.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The only other player to do that is Lamar Jackson week one. And that's the kind of performance it felt like you know, like what Lamar's Lamar, Josh Allen, They're just on one, yeah, and they're just like, I'm gonna win the game. That's what it felt like. And obviously what is Josh Allen's in the year four or five six, Lamar's in year six? I think right there the same class, Like it's taken them this long to get to that point where they do that. And so this is why it's special to have a rookie with the supporting cast as it was. We just talked about the offensive line that really banged up, talk about the receivers, like we're gonna talk about Oz here in a second. I think had a just a gutsy performance and Crowded played well, Earth's played well, But none of those guys you'd be like afraid of. Yeah, Like I said this, I said this on the postgame show, like I love watching Jamison, I love watching o Z because of like the way they're just pros, just there all the things they want to do right, but in an ideal situation, they're probably a three for your offense, you know what I'm saying. And so for him with all of that to come out and have the performance he did, it's.
Speaker 3: It makes him what he's a force multiplier, Like he's showing me. Yeah, he's showing you what's going to happen when you have to pay me. When you have to pay me, don't worry about my whips. I make my weapons better. I make the people that before.
Speaker 1: And it's one of the things that makes you good at this job because you think of things in this like abstract way. Sometimes you're thinking like down the road, like this is what it looks like when you got to give him that top flight contract. And I think it's a good argument.
Speaker 4: And my question was just to add to what he acts and do you change this formula? Though? Do you say, okay, this off season.
Speaker 2: Get him some help?
Speaker 4: But do you do you guys, do you need a for show? You know, number two, number two?
Speaker 5: Because it seemed like the committee is playing on that level. You can use more bodies than.
Speaker 3: We want to make it easier for him. I don't want him to have to do what he did Sunday every game, But.
Speaker 5: Is there a number two that's not going to be a diva and feel like, well, here's my time to shine her.
Speaker 4: He ain't getting here, so I need to be getting you.
Speaker 2: Got to talk to your wide receiver committee.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying because there's not many that can play in this kind of you know, the type of atmosphere with the coaches that I want you to be a blocker.
Speaker 4: They want you to wait your.
Speaker 2: Turn, brotherhood.
Speaker 5: Like, you don't get a lot of those guys out there in the market that they think about that dollar and they think about, you know, getting that dollar, keep that dollar rising because they want to go out da and play.
Speaker 1: I think that's such a great point. And I just look at the other teams that have a guy like this, So Baltimore, the Bills every year, they're not doing big renos. Yeah, they're tweaking a little bit. It's like, can we update our offensive line a little bit. Let's get them a guard in the draft, right, so we can sit in the pocket a little bit longer. Or hey, we're not going to get the number one receiver in free age, get.
Speaker 4: The number four.
Speaker 1: Let's go get Curtis Samuel, right, and let's draft Coleman. It will be our first first round pick. Right, And you're just kind of tweaking in a little bit just to upgrade the talent and in depth. I think That's maybe the word I'm going to use here is I think there's talent here. There's guys that have roles, guys that I want to be commanders offensively moving forward, but.
Speaker 2: They need to maturely a bit like McCaffrey.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, but I think just and just raising the talent level.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But but Tanny, I think you bring up a great point. And again, like you're always thinking of it like this is does it fit with the people, because you're not going to be And that's the thing that I think when you look at Baltimore, there's no star wide receiver like when like when like OBJ goes up there, You're not the star man. This isn't your show, So either shut up. Who's the guy from Pittsburgh that they brought in Wallace? Like they got rid of him in like three games. It's like, if you this Lamar is the guy. If you're not going to help him out, get the hell out of here. And I know we're getting ahead of ourselves.
Speaker 2: There, but I don't know it's legit.
Speaker 3: You have to act yourself the course, especially when you got tons of a cap mon and you got a lot of draft collatter, you have to ask yourself.
Speaker 1: And again like it's crazy to think about, but like Philly special performance. This was a special performance and he just and the other thing about him, Fred and Tanna that I'd love to get your thoughts on, is the bigger the game, the bigger the performance.
Speaker 5: He is.
Speaker 3: He saves his best from when he's needed. He saves his best when people say what they can't do. He's been so damn good that he's almost blocked out Coach Quinn from the Coach of the Year comes because everybody it's.
Speaker 2: Been Jane Dais, Jane Daniels, Jaye Danis, and.
Speaker 3: I feel like if if Coach Quinn was let's say an offensive head coach that was called in the play now he would be a mastermind with this young player. But now it's Jayde and Jay and Jays. It's been that good because he's been breaking veteran records as a.
Speaker 4: Rook if you want to be technical.
Speaker 5: He's blocked out what they were saying about Cliff Clint Kingsbury, about his his his back end of the seasons and how his teams normally go you know, downstead of it up. And to me, yeah, it's like the guy you know It's crazy because earlier in the year when we first saw him, you know, go to Cincy and do what he did in Sincy. And then we went up to Arizona and we did it. He was like, oh, we don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves, but.
Speaker 2: We got one. But we got one.
Speaker 5: And then you know, and you got a guy like new Citustitus. I'm over there like, no, don't say nothing got by, but the guy say talk about first quarter. He's the guy, the guy, you know what I'm saying. But he goes out there, He's like, no, talk about me, talk talk because I'm gonna show up when when it's on the line, I'm gonna show up, regardless the situation in the time. And that's what I love the most, because we saw that little that three games, you know, stinting where it was like he's slowed down to tea man, he's a rookie. Oh man, we got that ahead of myself. And then I kept saying, nah, the teams I've been on that once to the postseason. We had the little spell in there with you're gonna have a low point. We had a couple of injuries here, we had a couple of guys going down. He got injured himself, but we found a way to pick it back up. And that's just what these guys did, find a way. You could tell he's healthy, Earth could tell he's feeling himself, feeling like his old self. And then he just like I said, man, he just wheeled his way to like victory last night. And that's what was special about it, because here you go, you have a guy that's young, he hasn't played enough in this.
Speaker 4: Lead understand the moments. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Sunday night football, everybody named Mama watching you the only show we ain't looking like ourselves.
Speaker 1: But it's funny because I think he does get it and it just doesn't care.
Speaker 2: He just don't care.
Speaker 1: He just doesn't care.
Speaker 4: But another thing too, I think a testament to just his faith. I think it's his faith.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: I can't say I think it.
Speaker 5: I just I just know when a guy walking right, doing the right things, ain't doing the extra stuff, you play like that.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't like he had a perfect game. You know, he has has an interception early again that great, honestly, really just a fantastic call by the Atlanta Falcon. Yeah, they're running like a looks like an all out pressure. It's actually like an overload fire zone. So they're they're blitzing four to the offensive right, they're dropping the two guys to the offensive left out. He reads the eyes the three by two sides they're empty and just makes a great play. And and it's never like oh, this is terrible, bad body language. It's just like, okay, it's on me, yea, yeah yeah, And this is what I do. I do.
Speaker 3: That's why I really love these games. Because it was a chess match. This coach, both coaches.
Speaker 4: Stay was in there.
Speaker 2: Listen, Kingsburry made a call in the red zone that played to baits.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: I thought it was gonna be a test.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy though, is so this is where Cliff is awesome because like some coordinators like Sean and Kyle, it's like the whole game plan has got to be like tight connectors set put together. And I was talking to Cliff the day's like if I like to play and put it in. And when you watch the h the Denver game, they ran that leak off the same action, you know, like where the titles and I just thought to myself, like, you know, like if Kyle wouldn't put that in because it's like it doesn't fit with all this stuff. Cliff's like it's good and it works. So like but then we get a great executed player.
Speaker 4: I was like, we got a guy to do it that you didn't expect to do it.
Speaker 1: Also, I was standing right where he caught the ball that collision.
Speaker 2: Man, oh yeah, both both players. I was like getting up a little slow.
Speaker 1: I saw him today He's like, yeah, I felt fine, And I was like, that's what that's what you get when you made a pig.
Speaker 5: Iron just shows you the type of you know, I guess you can say the staff that these guys are being taught by because these guys want you to be physical.
Speaker 4: These guys want you to make sure.
Speaker 5: And we watched every man that's still here play on the other staff and it just night and day. Yeah, I mean you feel what I'm saying, Like, these guys tell you this is how we come in, you know what I mean, They go feel us organized with violence.
Speaker 4: You feel me.
Speaker 5: And so when you watch these guys, they violently get out of the ball on defense, offensively, they violently finishing and with the ball so it just shows you. When I saw Basse do that, I say, see what I'm saying, like, you got a guy who you don't expect to even be in that situation to finish the same way you saw and all these other guys do.
Speaker 3: I just thought that was a hell of a play call. I thought the timing of it was perfect, the execution.
Speaker 4: The ball which had a couple more gills on them so he could to score.
Speaker 2: The word in my head, he had made it to the end. In my head, I was like that hit alone. Just let the cannons loose.
Speaker 3: But they closed on pretty quick, and like I said, it got battling at the end of it.
Speaker 1: And so obviously Bates. And that's the other thing, Cliff, I think there's a great job designing plays. The first touchdown to Oz with that zone read. So remember the fourth and one they ran against Philly that got blown up the first fourth and one. It's the same action, but instead of that, we're going to give a guy to the flat, we're gonna give a guy in the corner. We're going to force you to kind of defend the zone read, and Jayden's just gonna ball out make a play. So I love how Cliff is always kind of taking the stuff that's the foundation of what they do and just kind of here's a little, here's.
Speaker 2: A little had a fifth wheel today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you get guys stepping up like Chris Rodriguez, who were talking about this earlier Tana like literally one of the best four yard run I've ever seen in my life, Like breaking two tackles, falling forward. He did a great job. And Blitz pick up Nichols every single week is an absolute maniac. And pass protection and the roles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that can tell the coaches Chatters Dean to get better at your weaknesses. Because Chris was of a known as a kitchen catch the ball at the backfield. He's he caught it like he's catching it and it ain't looking like I'm the stone hands down, He'll run.
Speaker 4: It means something to him. Yeah, I mean this could be your last down. You bet a kitchen Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had a pressure his own and this from the first guy to the last guy, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So another kind of you know, just crazy statistic about our guy. Jaye Daniels, fifth rookie quarterback since nineteen fifty to lead his team to pack the back double digit comeback wins. The last guy to do is Andrew Luck in twenty twelve, So he's just special man. And the other thing is, so last week against Philly, it was explosive places. It was, you know, big play to Terry, played to Oz, big play to Giami up the sideline. Obviously Jam he's heard. So they don't lose a little bit of explosives in the offense. They had one explosive pass play in this game. Think about that. I was methodical had but they had. It was a broken coverage to zach Ertz. But everything else was five yards, yeah, ten yards and broken tackles there and just again it was like.
Speaker 3: I take it how it comes, how every serves up. I think they do good at teaching these guys situational football, Like every situation.
Speaker 2: Won't be one over with a fifty yard pass.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do more five yeard passes than we ever gonna throw more fifty yard pass. They're they're making sure that these guys are good, so good with the small things, so when.
Speaker 2: The big plays happened, they are ready for this.
Speaker 5: I think also I saw a couple of times where you thought they was gonna take a shot because Terry hit him, hit him on like a study go or a slint goal, and he was gone. But one of the things that Jayden does well, if he didn't feel comfortable, he want finna let it go.
Speaker 2: He saw it, We all saw it.
Speaker 5: Were like, oh, they're going to Terry and Jaden's you know, scrambling to the left for like ten yards ten plus. But if he would have just stayed in there, which he probably could have, but he wasn't comfortable with it, and he knew, hey, I can get more, you know, instead of going out there and risking it. So that's what I like about it because I feel that the decision making with Jayden to be a young I trust him.
Speaker 4: Man, he just knows that he makes the right decision almost every time. Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh just special. And I always when we do these and we start gushing about him, I'm always like, there's other people that contribute, you know. Obviously Kwan gets the.
Speaker 2: Interception, yeah, led the team in tackles Outso Jeremy.
Speaker 1: Chin has a great times break up on a seam ball. Yeah, And so there are people making plays, there are people supporting, But like I guess when you just step back and look at it, especially the offensive side of the ball. OZ give him his flowers almost a second two touchdown games, right, Yeah. But it's like Jaden is the guy the drive, he's the catalyst. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he starts everything and he actually ends everything.
Speaker 3: And I think his confidence bring him through the team because it's something for him to be like I believe in myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they believe.
Speaker 3: When they go to the huddle and he say we've been to run display, we're going into the end zone, they believe it.
Speaker 4: Logan's on the sideline.
Speaker 5: But I'm watching guys, especially when I'm watching it from the TV copy, when he does things specially you see the defensive players like like they looking at each other like there you go, you know what I mean, Like they he get guys up off they because you know how when we on the sideline, if the defense out there, I'm sitting on the bench, I'm gonna sit down and get my wrist.
Speaker 4: Nah, not win five in the game, but I'm on defense.
Speaker 5: I'm saying that if I'm gonna watch this, you know, it's a show, and not only a show. It's just a guy going out there doing his job. To the best and at the best of his ability. And it's like every like I say, every chance he gets, you feel like we have a shot, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's not a time he step on the field.
Speaker 5: Like even the one we had out that it was a minute nineteen left in the game they scored. I'm like, okay, we got a shot. I went three and out and I still was confident. But all right, we getting to the chain, we'll score.
Speaker 1: I think that's another great point. This is the second week in a row where Jaden and the offense have messed up the first shot at it. Last week against Philly, they throw a pick right, defense makes a stand. This week they go three and out, defense holds them. They missed the field goal, and then the second opportunity he goes and makes it happen. I think that something as a fan, you might miss, right because you get.
Speaker 4: So caught up.
Speaker 1: We get caught up emotionally. Yeah yeah, but like without the defense making place. Yeah no, get that all right.
Speaker 2: The unsung heroe yesterday is one tris Way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Tris Way punt at their ball sixty plus yards.
Speaker 1: Crushed it, and then Mercy Butler with a great tackle.
Speaker 3: Great tackle. Then they tried to kick the fifty five yard field goal with I OK, tried out here.
Speaker 2: And it falls just as short because.
Speaker 4: It gave him, Oh my god, a lemma.
Speaker 2: Fans would celebrated.
Speaker 3: They thought it would anything, because if it had some more leg it would have been good.
Speaker 1: I was standing there because like on the broadcast, they tend to London and uhm up in the box and at the far end. So I'm right where the field goal posters. That's where like the standings you can see a little bit better. And I could tell from the moment it was because I've got the good angle. Yeah, short, And so Brahm's like, is it gonna go? And I'm like, good, it's short.
Speaker 2: Like I do, like take the emotion out of.
Speaker 4: You got me saying it wasn't TV see this.
Speaker 2: I knew it, and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know it, pistol. I'm so daln hot. I'm like, how are you gonna let these dude get a kick? They're in the game man one nighteen.
Speaker 1: That was stressful for sure. Yeah yeah. So obviously talking a lot about Jayde and Daniels and how well he did in this game. I think something that is people have been flowing around. Is obviously Rookie of the Year, which I think is in the bag. The other one is MVP. So for this segment, we're gonna risk It for the Biscuit and we're going to talk about whether Jane Daniels should be m v P. And remember, risk It for the risk It for the Biscuit is presented by Marsh mc lennon Agency, your partner in risk and people's strategies. Remember business insurance, they got you, employee health benefits, they got you, private client services, they got you, and they also got you for risk It for the Biscuit me as and so Jane Daniels having a very good year.
Speaker 4: Yes, he is.
Speaker 1: The other m v P people. The perennial people are people we talked about a lot in the show, right, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, yep. And I am gonna put Joe Burrow on there because I think he deserves Barkley. I mean, you can put Saque in there. But we're doing a quarterback from the person.
Speaker 3: Really, I'm just saying that we're talking about a running back that's about to break the all time sing I'm just saying he has a change.
Speaker 4: Hold up, he already said, they're keeping on the game.
Speaker 5: No, he said, it's up to the team, and the team already then let him run after he got the two thousand yards in that game. Do you think they let them go to New York? Think if he got hurt he go to New York. They trying to hurt that man.
Speaker 4: They ain't fine. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 5: We have more friends on our team when we leave. But trust me, New York don't. They don't want him coming in there doing that to them. They will, man, they will be all out. Well bought about it. He went out in the third quarter the first time. He almost broke the single game.
Speaker 4: So he told the coach, now he ain't want to who is.
Speaker 1: The who's the guy?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Who's the guy that does all the instant reactions? And like, uh, I forget the guy's name. But he he had the most diabolical take about this game. He's like, what you want to do is if you Eagles, you want to win, and then for the last game, you want to sit your starters. And everyone's like, why would you want to do that? You can you know, get the number one see blah blah, blah blah blah, and he was like, well, I want the New York Giants to beat me. And they're like, what the hell are you talking about. Yeah, they're like, I don't.
Speaker 4: Want to get the number three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's I don't want them picking a quarterback and I don't want them to I want them to be in quarterback limbo for the rest of their career and that would be a die. That would be an absolutely diabolical way.
Speaker 2: Almost did it with the winds like that was like what they do.
Speaker 4: So if they win, they moved down to.
Speaker 2: Like four five, six, Like think about it.
Speaker 1: So you they were the they was number one, they were number one, yes, then they beat the Colts and then they went to four four and then if they if they Philly, they go to SEMs or seven maybe you're right seven yeah, And so there's no way they're paying at a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Then no way cain war to be gone, should do or be gone, you won't eat. You would be at the Travis.
Speaker 3: Hunter sweep steak, like if they go out here, if I'm not, I'm letting them know.
Speaker 4: If I.
Speaker 2: Win, Giants owner, I'm looking by GM and face.
Speaker 1: That you know.
Speaker 6: You the reason for the season. I demand, did you lose? Demand even show up? Don't even coach, like get stuck in a hotel.
Speaker 2: If you win, y'all will fight. I know y'all used to hearing it. If y'all win, you fight, simply.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So again, the reason we're not talking about, say Kwan just appeal behind the curtain here is because we're doing quarterback in Paris. Right, So we picked these three four quarterbacks and talk talking about so Jane Daniels three thousand, five hundred and thirty yards passing, thirty one total tds, nine interceptions, one hundred and one quarterback rating No. One hundred and one. What is that RTG? What is that? Yeah? Quarterback rating? And then eight hundred and sixty four yards rushing. Right now, he's the leading quarterback rushing.
Speaker 4: Yeah he is.
Speaker 2: And he broke the single season rushing record.
Speaker 1: Right And so all of those numbers, while very very good, they're not great. They're not better than the other guys on this list, Like Josh Allen has thirty seven hundred yards passing, he's got forty total touchdowns. Lamark Jackson's even crazier. He's got he's got almost four thousand yards passing, he's got forty three total touchdowns. Gets Joe Burrow, he's got forty six underd yards passing, he's got forty four total touchdowns. Like, dude is straight balling. So all those dudes are playing really well.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The one statistic I would direct your attention to is last year. Do you remember the Commander's record last year?
Speaker 2: Four games, four and thirteen?
Speaker 1: What's the record this year?
Speaker 2: We could win twelve games?
Speaker 4: Could you believe it?
Speaker 1: But like right now we're eleven to five R so that is a plus seven game, just differentially. Yeah, you know what, Josh Allen's the Fern lists. Oh they was good last year, yeah, plus two, so they were good last year, they're good this year. Who cares? Lamar Jackson's actually two games worse.
Speaker 3: But also he go to great thing about Lamar Jackson. The stats he had this year is better than both years that he won the MVP, like can in them was.
Speaker 2: A year his stats are this is the best I've ever seen him play.
Speaker 4: What's crazy is when you have numbers like that.
Speaker 5: We've seen that with the Heisman, because he arguably had a better season after his Housman also but didn't win the Housman. So what happens is when you have a guy, yeah it's the bar set, but it's the other guys who have in those caliber you know, MVP or Heisman caliber, you know seasons. You can't sit there and say, well, yeah, even though he's better than last year, these other guys just edged him out a bit. But this year I will argue and say, I don't think the other guys have edged him out enough, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Don't get me wrong. As much as Josh Allen, we want to send.
Speaker 2: Him on the HOUSELD, that's better.
Speaker 4: I will take Lamar.
Speaker 5: And I'm not saying this is because I'm being biased, because'm fan of Lamar and he's a South Florida guy.
Speaker 4: I just feel like with what he has, he done better with it. And don't get me wrong.
Speaker 5: You can look at King Heary and say, well you got King Hearrios took a lot of load off him.
Speaker 4: No, the man is passing the ball at at a different rate. And you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You know, it's games where he not even passing. He's like, well, you know what I should have did this morning?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Choosing dude, this quarterback, right, he's one hundred and twenty one, like one who to us, to me is playing the best, like he's at all of the quarterback is like one ten, so like he's eleven points higher points higher. Yeah, and the thing that I wanted to again, we're kind of having fun. Yeah, we're just having fun in terms of most valuable player for their team? Is is there a more valuable person?
Speaker 2: Says not, it's a it's a quarterback trophy.
Speaker 3: Let's just agree with that. Let's strow up there first, it's a quarterback trope. Now we want to tie past to it and say we want folk games.
Speaker 1: I'm just giving context. I totally understand saying.
Speaker 4: Is that like, I get what you're saying, Yes, is there a more like?
Speaker 1: Again, but if we did what.
Speaker 3: They call a blind stat test, where we just do a sillyette all four guys and put their stats right there, the only stat he leaning in right now legitly is rush shorts and Russian touchdown. We got so he leaning the Russian touch down and we just looked at it. I think we would pick that silhouette with Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 2: I'm just the numbers. Yeah, I know what you're saying, and if you take Lamar off of that team, but if you.
Speaker 1: If you took Jaydon off for this, this team is the same you're putting in there. So let me just say this. If you took Jayden, if you took Jaydon, who you put them on Baltimore and you took Lamar and put him here. I'm just saying like.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's nothing Lamar. I don't think he's pretty much no change in that that. I think you got to put another quarterback there.
Speaker 1: So you're thinking Lamar would have exactly the same numbers he has in Baltimore. He's got King Henry, he's got Legit, he's got maybe the best time in the NFL, Isaiah Likely, He's got Flowers, I do a good offensive line.
Speaker 3: If you say Sam Donald, like, if you're moving Sam Donald hit, I don't think he's head.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying like, I don't know. I think Lamar is a beast. I think Lamar is amazing. But does he have the numbers? Because again, you're heat we were just talking about this the second ago. We're just talking about this second ago. He's throwing Jaden's throwing to OZI Terry McLaurin, Jamison Crowder.
Speaker 3: He throwing to Zay Flowers Bateman with Sean Bateman. Yeah, here's why I received Andrew. They thought he hit, they thought his career was over.
Speaker 1: But he's Researchedah, likely they've got some weapons there. What I'm saying with the old line with the runner, I don't know, man.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think if you kind of like close your eyes and you just look off of no name and say, from what this guy over him Washington been doing what that guy over there in Baltimore been doing, no names, no names added to it, you would say that the guy in Washington means more to his team from what how they're going to gain.
Speaker 1: So just be clear right now, from how they won game. Lamar Jackson's amazing, amazing, Joe Josh Allen's amazing. But I'm just saying in terms of and Josh Allen maybe because again the Sporting saff but like those I think those that roster in Baltimore is.
Speaker 4: Better from how he won game. That's hard to me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, I'm not gonna doubt it. The offensive Washington and Baltimore is better.
Speaker 1: And more mature, more mature, more mature.
Speaker 4: They got guys that been.
Speaker 3: There, did that all right, So no game is gonna be too big for the m They can find these matchups if they want to.
Speaker 4: Yes, they do.
Speaker 2: And listen, you know I'm the biggest Jedi, I mean, jedif five and it is.
Speaker 4: I just know that. No, we can't think about Lamardo. Don't think about Lamar.
Speaker 2: I guess I won't to think that.
Speaker 4: That's why it's hard for you.
Speaker 2: I want to think about Josh Allen too. Right now.
Speaker 3: I want to think about and when they script Josh, they scripped the roster down kind of to the ball. They put the first round wide receiver out there. They win, got him a Mari Cooper, who has it?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Been all that? Yeah, James Cook.
Speaker 5: Look, the only reason why a lot of these and even with Baltimore, the only reason why it would tend for me not to look at those guys if it was nameless quarterbacks, because I.
Speaker 4: Know what the defense do. I know what they're doing as a whole.
Speaker 5: Don't get me wrong, not saying that our defense isn't playing well, but what are we doing that we are not doing well?
Speaker 4: And that's stopping the run.
Speaker 5: And so that's right there, that's that's one of our handicaps that we have on a team that just came from having a four and thirteen season a year ago with a bunch of new starters. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So all that in.
Speaker 5: Effect when it comes to just saying, Okay, these guys are nameless, we don't know who they are, but this team has this many new players. The defense that's ranked thirty something in and stopping the run, they ranked fourth, they went top ten.
Speaker 4: And stopping the pass offensively, this is what they have as weapons. And the court.
Speaker 5: The running back is the leading rush on the team. The quarterbacks, I mean, the quarterback is the leading rush on the team.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And you start putting all that into play, you say he's the most valuable asset to his off.
Speaker 2: You are most selling me this use car. Listen, I'm about to buy this. This dots in front of me right here.
Speaker 4: I'm about ain't no good.
Speaker 2: I'm about to buy though. I smell what you got.
Speaker 3: Feel me when you do line this stuff up and say who has the most adversity to get wins? Jayde Daniels has to overcome the most adversity out of all of these guys to win a lot, because these guys.
Speaker 2: Have been with their coaches, they've been with this team.
Speaker 1: Everything you said, It's like those teams are more more mature and they've got their identity and.
Speaker 4: They've been there long enough together.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I got I smell what y'all got.
Speaker 1: Again, Like if I had to put a vote, and I'd probably vote for Lamar. Don't get me wrong, but but I do think it's an interesting thought experiment. And I think Joe, I mean Josh Allen too, right, Like those three guys to me, if you picked any one of those guys up, you.
Speaker 5: Can't lose right right now, excluding Jaden out of it, just saying because the guys who's actually in the race, you got Burrow, Josh Allen, and Lamar. And if I had to be one of those, I would say Borrow because I love Lamar playing. But I'm just feel like Burrow has just been like that three more wins. Yeah, but he don't so now that the only two guys they say, Josh Allen or Lamont, but.
Speaker 2: They still got a chance to make the playoff, which is that saying.
Speaker 5: That's crazy, that that would make him m v P. If you asked me, come on, you have to win, you man seven, you made it. I just think it's one of these things where, man, we got it's tough to be in that system that that's spot as a player that played that well, and to see other guys that's on the same level, playing lights out, playing above whatever ever whatever numbers they've ever done before. And then to say that we had to choose one of these guys, cause Lamar Arty should be this would be his third.
Speaker 3: Their childs Barkley m v P were just so tired of giving it to Lamar Let's give it over here. But I can say this, the NFL should be happy, damn happy. We are quarterback rich.
Speaker 1: We were getting ready for the show. I was like, holy cow, we are quarterback. Patrick Mahomes is even on this list.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: Like Rodgers, who's the bottom of the could you believe it?
Speaker 2: You look at the bottom of the baron Rodgers are doing well for now.
Speaker 3: This is a rich and come on, Michael Penix showed us a lot of Man the future is bright man next.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole thing great point, but just to read off Lamars stats because they are cartoon good. Got He's got thirty almost four thousand yards passing. He's got forty three total touchdowns, only four interceptions, four interceptions.
Speaker 3: He is throwing the ball that throw he made in this last game, but he throws in it just he don't even wait for the dude to catch the ball.
Speaker 2: I say, that's very stiff curry of him.
Speaker 1: He's got one hundred and twenty one quarterback ready. Think about that. One hundred and twenty are pass ready? One hundred and twenty one. Yeah, that's out of one hundred and fifty nine from one hundred and fifty eight on the year. Yeah, Like that's insane.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna tell you when it started. You remember when he announced, Hey guys, I'm about to lose weight. You remember he said they didn't Oh, and he been I've been seeing bound and he looks like it, yes, because you remember he started to booke up a living yea. Indeed, now he looks like fresh out of college, lemar fresh pimp out of.
Speaker 2: His step and then he can stop and start like never before. But guess what he's like. I'm not even gonna use these. I didn't lose his weight for this.
Speaker 1: I mean even that he has one hundred and fifty eight hundred and fifty two yards rushing almost a thousand yards RUSS like his numbers crazy crazy, that's crazy. Like and so again like Josh Allen, when you watch Josh Allen peak, Josh Allen does, I think probably has higher peaks like he does.
Speaker 2: He does his stand last up time five, touchdown three.
Speaker 1: Four, and the thing where he's doing that full speed sprint to the right and just launches it sixty years like he's the only guy in the NFL you can do that. Yeah, Like, so obviously you see those moments. But again, like just from a straight stats standpoint, like well, it's like it's like crazy numbers anyway, So that's it. We think Jane Daniels doing awesome, great job elevating an interesting conversation about him in terms of m VP most valuable play for your team.
Speaker 3: But what happens if he does come and field. Ain't that accomplishment in himself?
Speaker 1: I mean I believe them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just saying like I feel like I got seven in the houseman, only tell me what place you got because you want in them.
Speaker 4: Listen, I damn, I damn so feel like that was when the coach man for Halp I came in ninth.
Speaker 2: So guess how I felt. I feel good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, think about, you're the ninth best player in college in that room, a rookie for him to be fifth. Like, so you'd say these three guys.
Speaker 3: Plus and there go him and feel for six I'd be like, hello, for ye, anybody else you.
Speaker 2: Put above them?
Speaker 1: Like right now, honestly, like for if you said m v P like like, obviously we think these the three.
Speaker 2: Quarterbacks, Henry I can say, sake one and King Henry be the only other.
Speaker 1: Piece for sixth.
Speaker 4: Oh, but I ain't gonna lie. Was having a phenomenal year.
Speaker 1: Two boy.
Speaker 2: Anytime see his face glow yell out, have mercy.
Speaker 1: He's fun to watch now, fun to watch, all right, But that's okay, But that's it. Now, let's do a quick Dallas preview. Obviously, Uh, this is like the last time they lost, right was versus Dallas?
Speaker 4: Is that right? Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, there's the last time we lost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and obviously didn't come out and play their best brand of football in that game.
Speaker 2: They would take a division opponent for just always they gonna.
Speaker 1: Come to play and just kind of quickly reviewing just my mental notes from last game. These are the coaching these are the previous. Can you handle Michael Parsons because prior to that game he'd only been rushing an end and then they're like, you know what we're gonna do. We're gonna defensive tackle. Yeah, and you're gonna rush and he's gonna win quick. How do you handle that? How do you stop the run? Because memory go battle came out there and because they were able to stay on schedule, yep, Cooper rush. I think we calculated it was like I want to say, it was like fifteen hitches. Yeah, and they kept him on schedule. And then how do you handle CD Lamb No, CD lamp Oh? Is he hurts.
Speaker 4: Year?
Speaker 1: Is he really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Jalen Tober, they set them down because it shut but Jaalen Tober and.
Speaker 3: The rest of these guys, the question is special teams, redeem yourself.
Speaker 2: You gave up two kickoff returns against this team. One was a maddening just I'm gonna make everybody, Jock Scrap sit right here.
Speaker 1: On the door looking like that that that playing mad like we're playing. You just hit to spend, actually push it. Yeah, you fake everybody out and you go for a touchdown.
Speaker 2: So special teams, let's win that battle.
Speaker 4: First.
Speaker 3: Second of all, let's let's start fast. Taynor talked about this. When we don't run the ball, we don't start fast, we start slow. And if it's a team like this with so many injuries and they already won two three, can't com they don't put them in that mold first quarter, so they playing survival. Now, I'm just trying to stay healthy. That's what mode you want to put. I mean, I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Stay That's what Philly did. Philly was pretty much like tactic. You think you're cool. Yeah, here's points.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know they gonna come with an extra you know, extra boost energy. Just knowing that man, this is dan Quinn.
Speaker 4: We want to have left here.
Speaker 5: We want we want to make things a little you know, we already know they clinched, but we want to we want to make it. We want to make sure he go play Philly. So that's go ahead and beat these guys. And with that being said, we should have that same kind of you know mentality. Hey, they beat us once and there's no way they beating us.
Speaker 4: We don't want to. We don't want to get swept by them. Say all the time. Make the main thing, the main thing, Go get the doug.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I think this again to be like totally simplistic. Stop the run for Scooper, rush to beat you running the ball, and then run the ball because and and again we how you know, possessed the possess right, So quick game, move Terry around a little bit, find good matchups for him, and then throw a little b robin there. Because they're not a big front, you know, they're.
Speaker 2: Fact that they built to play with the lead. That's how they build.
Speaker 3: They built to play very much like the Indianapolis coach with Peyton Manning was jail the smaller I mean line, speed off the edge.
Speaker 2: You can run it them teams.
Speaker 1: Though, And uh is there anything else I'm forgetting? I feel like that's the.
Speaker 2: Preview right well, and make Jerry Jones cry that would be a good one. That's that's what I want. Like, it's the good part about it. I haven't heard from Jerry and.
Speaker 1: Winks doesn't he do it? Isn't he the only owner that does a pre post game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, show, but I haven't heard any noise from it lately.
Speaker 1: It's just I think Jerry's on his I think he's on his jet and just escaping in his camp or yeah, he just he just want to get away from it for a while. It's always crazy. We're at the combine and you're walking around, you know, Indianapolis and GM just averywhere and his jam and Jerry's in the bus just driving, you know, to you know, Burger Coo or whatever the heck it is down the street. Goodness. But anyway, Yeah, so this is a winnable game. It means something for the Commanders and they can get l A, which I think is a much better match than twelve wins. Man. Oh yeah, you're.
Speaker 3: Talking about since ninety one when you won a Super Bowl. Damn, we weren't no good players, will.
Speaker 4: I know, I know I was at home boy.
Speaker 2: I'm saying this as a team. As a team, right, we kind of stuck fellas we did. We never were like this.
Speaker 4: We never went twelve. Yeah that is true, right, we went in and two down twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we never went We went to the playoff, but we just never.
Speaker 1: I think that's the other thing. Dude, it is so hard. It's hard to win games, it's hard to get to the playoffs, and the team is doing both those things. Yeah, and it's just it's just a great field.
Speaker 4: I went twelve oh five, Oh you was gone. See we got rid of you and went twel.
Speaker 1: Y'all had to cut the fat, and then I came back. We went to the playoffs, did you Yeah? All right, well, I think that's gonna do for today show. So make sure we're all excited. We can't wait for the Styles game again. But we're really looking and kind of we're looking ahead players probably not doing that. But thanks so much for watching. Please make sure you like to subscribe where it gets your podcasts. That really helps us out. If you want to see our ugly faces, check us out on YouTube on the Commander's YouTube channel. And I think that's it.
Speaker 4: JF.
Speaker 2: I made a forced be witch