Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Nick Shots streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys have now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humuller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: It's the day after Christmas, one of the saddest days of the year. We got three hundred and sixty four days, three sixty five. It's a leapyard next year until the next Christmas. And here we are getting ready for the Detroit Lions and ring them on her ceremony for Jimmy Johnson as we move past Christmas Eve right into the day after Christmas. This is Mick Shots here inside the SWBC podcast studio, and I'm looking around the room. Clearly I got a Christmas present that I am wearing today, Just a new hoodie. All right, that's new for you ever since?
Speaker 4: Okay, this was Christmas present from the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Last year Missouri.
Speaker 5: Cotton Bowl, right, Cotton Bowl.
Speaker 3: They're in the Cotton Bowl this year, but this was last year.
Speaker 2: You asked about Christmas.
Speaker 3: Present, and Savannah, did you have a good Christmas?
Speaker 6: Great Christmas?
Speaker 7: I have a couple of new rings.
Speaker 3: You looked at at your Yeah, look at the blak. Well that's sweet, all right, So something went well over the Christmas weekend then, right, presents, Yeah, we got presents.
Speaker 5: Watch a lot of football.
Speaker 3: We did watch a lot of football.
Speaker 7: Football and.
Speaker 5: Good game really well.
Speaker 3: There were then there was one game that didn't end so well, no we did not. Mickey was there.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 3: Mickey has said, I almost had the score right. You had it thirty two to thirty, which would have been the.
Speaker 2: Twenty two to twenty.
Speaker 3: You had at thirty two thirty, which would I guarantee you would have been the only time in Cowboys history there was a thirty two to thirty game, and this may have been the first time for twenty right. So, and Mickey has just emerged from the locker room where a ton of Cowboys players are talking about the day after Christmas and looking ahead to the Detroit Lions.
Speaker 4: I volunteered to do the transcript today because there's nothing to transcribe it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was pretty quiet in there. I can tell you what guys said after.
Speaker 3: The game, okakay, for all ears.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact, I just turned to the page here and.
Speaker 3: I saw it, said.
Speaker 4: Somebody first went up to DeMarcus Lawrence and he said, we lost. The score was twenty twenty two.
Speaker 5: The end. That was bit.
Speaker 4: He finally read, lented and talked. And my thing from Michael Parsons when I asked him about the roughing penalty before he did a you know, group thing he said. I asked him, I said, so, what did the referee tell you about the roughing penalty? And he said, I should have pulled off and he goes and that was going to be a field goal or that's a field goal.
Speaker 5: Wherever he put it. It's like.
Speaker 4: You guys heard it on TV, So I don't need to go over what Blendino said or Greg Olsen said. There's no way he could have pulled off because he got there so fast. He got there untouched, right. And then I love the picture that got put on social media of two guys holding him, one guy's hands in his face mask and there was no call, so go figure.
Speaker 7: He was, oh yeah, he wanted to make it known. Just why me, Why is this happening.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that I did not know.
Speaker 4: It's on the story of him after the game on.
Speaker 8: The website but you know they could call something to every play on him in regards to.
Speaker 2: Well how about just one?
Speaker 5: How about just one?
Speaker 2: Just one?
Speaker 8: Yeah, And it seems that they are so accustomed to him being accosted that they just say, well, you know what, that's just his you know, across the bed.
Speaker 3: Right Jerry put it, well was it this morning on the radio?
Speaker 2: I listened to part of it.
Speaker 3: But he could make plays that other players can't make. In the officials need to be able to anticipate that this is a special player who can get to the court. Because a lot of time holding is based because you can say there's holding on virtually every play. Holding is based on whether it affects it affects the play, right, And when you're holding a Micah Parsons who can get to the quarterback like this, then ever since is just Savannah.
Speaker 8: Has shown said, I mean, but this happens almost like half this play is.
Speaker 5: I like this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just go to dallascowboys dot Com pull out the story on Michael Parsons and you can see.
Speaker 8: The picture that is just that's hilarious right there, right, that is so fun.
Speaker 3: But you're right, it's good that he's that he's talking about it. Yeah, because now now the narrative gets out there, just like all these other narratives get out there. Now there's okay, he's being held and they're going to have to address it.
Speaker 8: And he has been a bit quiet about it, he really has, and so you know that might be his own fault is being so you know, humble that you know, he doesn't necessarily think he deserves it over anyone else, but he really does because he's better than mostly anyone else, you know.
Speaker 2: And it's not like sour grapes.
Speaker 4: But when you lose by two points, and we did this last week when they lost by twenty points or whatever it was, it's like you can pick out a couple of plays that turned the game around, and.
Speaker 3: One of them was on the last drive of the game. Right, one of the best tackles of the game was performed by the offensive guard for the Dolphins on the Montclark Oh wow, an outside run. Yeah, and that's something that you're looking for on an outside right. You see that called all the time. That is when on an outside run, that is when holding usually occurs.
Speaker 4: Because the guys are trying to get out and then you're you're not out.
Speaker 5: Right, you know, yeah, and it just uh.
Speaker 3: Which would have just mean it was a fifty seven yard or I say fifty seven because he made a fifty seven yard would have pushed him back to a fifty yard field goal instead of the chip shot, you know.
Speaker 4: Or you never know what happens after it. I have to play that down with another ten yards lost instead of a fifteen yard gain to the fifty yard line. Because when that happened, it was like, well, the way that guy's kicking, this game's over, he's going to make a fit. How you know, all they got to do is get to thirty eight yard line or so. So but yeah, things like that that just you know, it matters, and you know so, I mean, this loss to me was different than getting well obviously from a score standpoint of what happened in Buffalo, because you were down, you were up, you were down, you came back and you had a chance to win the game and you needed one more stop and you couldn't get it.
Speaker 3: But when it's all said and done, the game didn't matter. It did not matter as far as anything in regards to the playoffs, because the Eagles, whether the Cowboys won or lost that game, the Eagles have to lose a game in order for the Cowboys to win the division. The Cowboys are in the exact same spot after that game as far as winning the division as they were before the game, which is they have to win out and the Eagles have to lose a game. And now there's there's two more shots for the Eagles to lose a game against teams that are playing for a better draft pick.
Speaker 7: And that was a good game to watch yesterday with the Giants and Eagles.
Speaker 6: They were they were.
Speaker 3: Little have been nice that the Giants would have started Tyrod Taylor at quarterback to start the game.
Speaker 5: Out there. We can't kill it now, we had the mind of its own.
Speaker 4: He got an interception return for a touchdown.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like that well, but but still they were. They did raut. And how about the opening kickoff the second half? Fun? That was hilarious.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, you think there's gonna be another boiling half.
Speaker 3: It's twenty to three. So it's twenty to three and Philadelphia is getting the football first to start the second half. And then I don't know how to pronounce his tip's name, but Zekiah is his last name. He gets swung around, flung around by Isaiah Seventh. Well, it was like, yeah, but he was. And so now he's all of a sudden running full speed the opposite direction right into Boston Scott fumble. Isaiah Simmons recovers.
Speaker 5: Hilarious.
Speaker 8: Isaiah, you have to look at it.
Speaker 5: I think I saw Isaiah was the one that.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, Isaiah caused it.
Speaker 5: Yes, he right.
Speaker 3: It's just like what de Marcus Lawrence was doing early in the Cowboys game. Down on the goal line. De law wasn't getting credited on the stat sheet with anything, but he was making the plays on the edge. Yeah, that was that kept the Dolphins out of the end zone. Yeah, right, And he caused the I think it was Armstead and went down with the injury on the first play, and Armstead made the tackle on the running back basically because the law had hit him so hard and knocked him back and he was trying to recover, and then he poked Wattle in the eye accidentally, so he was out. That's right.
Speaker 7: I was very impressed with the ability for the defense to stop the pass rush. I mean they really didn't have that many running yards. I mean it was total ninety one, so big difference I think.
Speaker 3: For the rushing yards.
Speaker 4: Rushing yards, the rushing yard Miami.
Speaker 5: I just mentioned on the radio.
Speaker 4: I said, it's like going to the fair and playing whack a mole. Thing pops up, you hit it, Well, another one pops up. So what do we talk about all last week after giving up two hundred and sixty six yards rushing? Oh my god, Miami would Mostard and a chan they're going to run for three hundred yards and they held them. A Savannah just said ninety one yards. But then they threw.
Speaker 5: For almost three hundred yards.
Speaker 4: And they did not get enough pressure on the quarterback.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, once that back foot hits well, in his case, his left foot, he's going to get rid of it.
Speaker 5: He knew what was coming. He was able to.
Speaker 8: Get it off quick enough to where the pass rush was insignificant.
Speaker 4: But right at the beginning of the game, he stood back there all day to throw that fifty yard pass right.
Speaker 5: You know. Well, they had max protexts.
Speaker 2: They only sacked him one time.
Speaker 4: They didn't have more than a half dozen quarterback hits, like four or five, as opposed to Dak getting sacked four times and hits twelve twelve times, and there were others that he had to run away from not getting hit, and to me, that ended up being a significant difference in the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, well we still get three minutes before we need to take a break.
Speaker 4: Well, and then we can go back to second in one. At the two, you don't score, you get one darn yard. Okay, you got a first down until you botched the handoff. And I said to myself that seven points, you're never going to the game.
Speaker 2: And what did they do? By the way, won the opening.
Speaker 4: Toss and took the ball, and they were going to be up.
Speaker 2: Seven to nothing.
Speaker 3: You know one thing though, and back to the fumble on the goal line.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: One of the key factors in this game was the Dolphin's ability to get off the goal line in that situation and the cowboys inability to get off the goal line when they were faced twice with the si situation from their own two yard line and their own five or six yard line. And that's where the offense got grounded at that point in the game. We're wondering, okay, ce d gets so involved in the first quarter, and then where'd he go in the second and third quarter? Well, they were, so that one thing about the defense, you got to get off the field. How many possessions did the Dolphins have and how many possessions did they score on? Now they were field goals. The defense did a good job of keeping them out of the end zone. But I'm pretty sure there was only one possession, the first possession of the first half where the Dolphins had of three and out and didn't put points on the board.
Speaker 4: So they scored on six of nine possessions.
Speaker 3: Six of nine, and let me take a look at that real quick.
Speaker 2: They were and five field goals.
Speaker 3: There's one touchdown. Okay, so opening was ession of the game was But they get off the goal line from the two dne.
Speaker 2: Two yard and they moved the ball.
Speaker 3: Right and what they did on the first down is they got six yards and the Cowboys aren't able to run the football off the goal line to get some breathing room where they can throw. And then the obviously the strategy was get some breathing room and then you're going deep. They went to deep the Tyreek who dropped the ball, and then they hit waddle to get out of there. And now they're at midfield and here we go.
Speaker 4: And they even survived the delay of game when third and four went third and eight and I wrote down no pressure.
Speaker 3: So, okay, you mentioned five or six of nine on possessions, Well, one of them they made the choice to go for it on fourth down down on the goal line, and the Cowboys get a stop there, but they were in scoring position there. The first possession of the third quarter was a punt, and then they also had a punt in the fourth quarter, taking over at their own twenty five. So the defense came up with two stops there in the second half. But you got to get them off the field. You can't let them drive the length of the field. And anyway, next up, let's talk about the defense and how many dbs were on the field during this game. When we come back here on mix shots.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 2: He escapes left, he'll.
Speaker 3: Run for a punch down.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know him in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain.
Speaker 10: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby the yin to this Burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of let us, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice coold koola a journey to footopia.
Speaker 3: Burgers better with pepsi, That's what I like.
Speaker 6: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: As you know they're responding to one spam call can lead to more, or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone. Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to AARP fraud Watch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 2: Demict shuts.
Speaker 7: Kpostproofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: All right, Cowboys, fault of the Dolphins twenty two to twenty and now a game back of the Eagles who survived against the Giants on Christmas Day. Now we look forward to Saturday and the Detroit Lions coming to town. A Lions team that survived against Minnesota and won their first division title in thirty years nineteen ninety three, the last time they won the division. Who was that?
Speaker 4: Detroit, Oh, Detroit, Yeah, yeah, a long time, Yeah, I was thinking about something else. Were well, you know what I was thinking about. Was the last thing Peverson said before he left us for the rest.
Speaker 5: Of the week.
Speaker 11: Yeah, was that?
Speaker 3: Just be careful.
Speaker 4: It's hard to beat somebody twice in three weeks. And the way the Giants or the Eagles played that game yesterday, I'm thinking, all right.
Speaker 3: Telling me there's a chance the last game.
Speaker 5: Of the child.
Speaker 3: At home.
Speaker 8: Still Taylor's still upset about the loss. They said it was a passing offence in the end zone on the last attempt.
Speaker 5: So I'm telling you this, you know, and that's just a tough thing to do.
Speaker 2: They didn't labor it, but there was.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Was it the tight end that got knocked down?
Speaker 5: Yes, it was.
Speaker 2: I saw him laying on the ground. I said, how did you get on his back?
Speaker 8: He threw the ball where there was no Giants wide receivers. How do you figure that? Obviously they were all being you know, kept out of there. So no, that was too much. I really want to uh go over and and have built, uh you know, make up.
Speaker 5: For that joke you tried to tell I was. I was on Exo this morning and that pops up and.
Speaker 7: I'm like, okay, that the first time you saw the joke.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was. It was horrible.
Speaker 3: What do you mean it was horrible?
Speaker 5: You didn't finish it?
Speaker 4: You couldn't because it was so good.
Speaker 5: I mean you were in it, man, boy, you had your voice.
Speaker 8: You you know, the delivery was there, the timing was there.
Speaker 3: I could, man, he couldn't. Rudolph was will you guide my slate tonight?
Speaker 5: See I didn't really hear.
Speaker 2: The best part was our reaction.
Speaker 3: I thought, oh, yeah, he called He called us back up quarterback who's kind of a loaner, you know, not liked by any of the other team. Or is the fan base there in Pittsburgh, you know they been the third string quarterback? They can bring in this another reindeer called Trubisky and let him guide the sleigh for a while, and called him in and said, Rudolph, will you guide my slate to I? And sure enough he did.
Speaker 7: The best was when you texted us after in the group message and you said, yesterday was Rudolph's day and today belongs belongs to blitzen witson Marquis Bell.
Speaker 3: And then turns out Marquis Bell didn't play thirty one game. So what was going on, Mickey with the linebacker situation in this game as what linebackers the if you look at the he got the snap counts yeps. Jyron Curse played every snap, sixty five snaps in the game, and it looked like I havn't gone through the whole coaches film, but looks like virtually every one of them was at a linebacker position. And it was Damon Clark who and Curse was credited with two tackles in the game. Clark credited with seven tackles on forty three of the sixty five snaps, so not on the field for twenty two snaps. And Marquise Bell had thirty one snaps in the game, and so he was not he was didn't make fifty percent of the snaps in the game. So what was the strategy here? And the Cowboys? Basically, when you consider Curse has been a safety in his career throughout his career, so you look of him as being a defensive back, it was playing up in the box. The Cowboys had five dbs who played virtually every snap outside of Gilmore came off the field for one play I think hurt out right. And they had a sixth dB hooker who had forty eight snaps so he was on the field for seventy five percent of the snap. So basically they had for seventy five percent of the snaps. They had six dbs on.
Speaker 4: The field, and they threw four three hundred plus two hundred and ninety three yards.
Speaker 3: And we talked about and the only ninety one yards rushing. So clearly the with the speed that the Dolphins have, they adapted. They wanted to get as much speed on the field themselves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and thus hardly any pressure on the quarterback, which they needed.
Speaker 3: In this game.
Speaker 4: Where's my defensive the way they put their thing together.
Speaker 5: How often did they blitz?
Speaker 4: I didn't see a blitz. So Parsons had three quarterback hits, Armstrong had won and somebody else had to have one because they had five.
Speaker 3: Well, the Dolphins had twelve twelve.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh, they gave h.
Speaker 5: Oh diggi zoo a hit.
Speaker 4: But the guy in the Prescott box called it, oh diggity, oh diggity zoo.
Speaker 2: It's pretty much.
Speaker 5: Diggity no doubt.
Speaker 8: You gotta know, that's a that's a rhythm blues song.
Speaker 4: No diggity no doubt, Yeah.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: And and and they still held them to twenty two points.
Speaker 3: That was the thing.
Speaker 8: Well, it was a bend and don't break situation, Yeah right, I mean they let him get that.
Speaker 4: The guy gave up the one fifty yarder and then after that, Hill's longest catched was was twenty and they had a twenty one and an eighteen and a nineteen, but only one fifty yarder, And I think that was the one that they were most worried, most worried about. Well, I think, and they did well getting water out of the game because go.
Speaker 2: Put the guy in the eyes. How does that happen?
Speaker 8: I don't know, But I don't know how Gilmour let that that deep pass happen.
Speaker 3: He just didn't.
Speaker 7: He just didn't know what was coming his way.
Speaker 5: But you turn around, dude, they're gonna go deep. That's what they do.
Speaker 2: He just didn't, right, There was no.
Speaker 8: Movie fifteen yards waiting on the dude. I mean, you know what they're gonna run. You know that this is their moment. They're playing at home. That would have been a pretty good way for him to anticipate that play. And as a veteran, I really thought that's what he was gonna do.
Speaker 5: Everyone in my.
Speaker 8: House knew it was going to be a deep pass, and I know he had to be thinking that, but it's like he was looking for another route, like he saw something different because he.
Speaker 3: And they just had run it on the other side of the field with Tyree.
Speaker 5: I don't understand what he was thinking about.
Speaker 8: You know, he's our veteran, he's the guy that I thought that those kind of things right there, they stopped great place from happening. You know, they stopped great moments for the other team. If he covers that, you know, we're looking at maybe a three and out. You know, we're looking at them being backed up and we'll be in a good field position if we can hold them to a punt.
Speaker 4: So what Jerry was talking about today was in games like that, there's key plays. So you see them get that. You see the Cowboys botch a handoff at the one yard line, which was just weird looking at it from whatever angle they had when they showed it, because he had his arms like this and it never went like in his hands hit his chest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, why do you think that is he didn't close. He didn't close.
Speaker 4: Maybe he didn't maybe he expecting to get the ball, and boy, that's the only.
Speaker 5: Scored he scored there, he scored.
Speaker 2: What are they waiting for?
Speaker 4: And I'm going, oh, you got to have the ball too.
Speaker 3: Maybe there is the option on that like a jone read so well, you know what, I.
Speaker 8: Don't think they would give him that much to think about. We put you in here to score.
Speaker 2: No, but he stuck it in there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, here tell you there's no options.
Speaker 5: They had no options.
Speaker 12: This is for you, man, This is for you and Bill Jones, because Bill Jones talks about you all the time mixed shots. I don't want to hear another dogs thing about shut up another Hunter comment in this podcast he had.
Speaker 5: That was it? That was the game. I talked about you so bad at my house.
Speaker 4: But you realized they obviously had that in the game plan because they went back to him two more times and he got a first down on a two yard runner.
Speaker 8: I was dragging boy. I said, that's the one Bill Jones always talking about it. Yeah, this guya, the.
Speaker 5: Guy's on talking track. Oh he's scoring a touchdown. Damn this guy.
Speaker 7: I think I think where that play even happened. The Tony Pollard run should have been a touchdown. Initially, he didn't run into the corner of the end zone. He decided to cut through a couple guys that are trying to make like a push at the same time. So he should have just run to the corner, and this might be a different conversation.
Speaker 5: I agree with that, except for which track to take.
Speaker 8: I thought that if you're going to stop and cut it back, he ran into his own man.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 5: See, if you're gonna do.
Speaker 8: It, you gotta wait a little bit more because that guy's coming. But you can still split it. And he could have even though he may have gotten hit, you could still put the ball over the goal. It's right there. I know you're gonna get hit, but if you could just reach that there, come on.
Speaker 2: Man, he turned sideways.
Speaker 5: That's the problem. Well he got turned sideways because he hit his own man.
Speaker 4: But sideways is good for the way to go.
Speaker 5: Running is not the way to go.
Speaker 7: Well, the play and I can't remember who we were playing, but when it was almost a similar play with Luke Schoonmaker at the goal line Philly against Philly and he barely it's right there, and it was almost it was like wow, that's when we.
Speaker 8: Were having red zone problems. Then we had remedied our red zone problems. But they came back this game and it started with the polor not. Man, I don't care if you went to the pilin if you run up that it's only right here. You gotta be able to make that ball go across, whether through your body or with a reach like most guys do. I mean, we can't miss out on those opportunities. And running back should be instinctive enough to know how to put that ball across the end zone. It shouldn't be a bunch of explanation about it. Just get the ball over there. You had space, use it.
Speaker 4: And if you if you think about it.
Speaker 5: They had.
Speaker 4: Two fourth and one conversions in a third and one conversion, So here it was again and they didn't convert.
Speaker 3: They did convert on the Pollard play. He was second and one.
Speaker 2: He got the first the first down.
Speaker 4: Man can't that's seven points.
Speaker 2: But that happened.
Speaker 3: As I mentioned earlier, the Cowboys had red zone problems getting out of the red zone.
Speaker 13: Yes, and as McCarthy uh colorfully called it, put the blame on himself for his game plan getting off the backup game plan, backed up on your own goal.
Speaker 8: And we can't run the ball, guys, that's why we can't get out of the zone.
Speaker 3: And in fact that the Dolphins at the six yard line. Well, but from your own end zone, hand off to Rico for nothing. This was at eleven oh two of the second quarter, backed up at your own six yard line, and then Dak runs and then you get a hold holding call on Tyler Smith. The backs you up to the three. Now you got second in thirteen Dak plus two and now you're third and eleven and actually you wound up getting off the goal line because of a penalty, but you weren't able to sustain the drive after that, you know. And then in the third quarter, backed up at your own two yard line and Pollard for one yard incomplete. It was a blitz by the linebacker Duke Riley that filed that play up, and then another incompletion. You're punting from your own three yard line.
Speaker 8: Okay, so they're blitzing us, but we're not blixing them. I don't understand that philosophy.
Speaker 4: And you know what, they changed their game plan after those first two drives because they they made Miami Miamily. Yeah, they came to the conclusionber one, we can't cover them, and so the object became, we got to go after Dak and that's the way we'll slow down their passing game. And they did it for two quarters because they started blitzing. And they were blitzing and I don't know if you guys could see it on TV, but both safeties at times were twenty yards off the line of scrimmage. And I'm sitting there going, Okay, the question is gonna be, how come they're not throwing deep? Well, to throw deep to get by these safeties, you're gonna have to throw it forty yards in the air, right, And they were saying, no, we'll deal with their running game and see, and that's the other part of this running game. They don't challenge the end zone in the running game. So teams are saying, go ahead to have all you want in front of us, but we're not gonna let you run past us because you can't.
Speaker 8: Well, that's kind of the way I was. We would defensively as well. Right, we've stayed off we played zone.
Speaker 4: Looked like he didn't blitz, but they did.
Speaker 8: So when you haven't got the having the issues that he's had, you know, you want to put a little fear into him. I thought that they should at least, you know, show some blitz.
Speaker 3: Well maybe they had linebackers in the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they were using them.
Speaker 3: And they one of them is a backup linebacker, Riley David long As was the start at the beginning of the season, but they were they were missing their best linebacker who was out for the year, just like the Cowboys. And then this Van Ginkle number forty three, really good. He's a really good.
Speaker 2: He's the guy that did a lot of them.
Speaker 5: But what he's.
Speaker 3: Done and with there there's no such thing anymore in the in this league as a three to four defense, right, you know, But that's what Fangio has been known for in the past before it went to all hybrid. And but Van Ginkel, who's a two hundred and forty three pounder, I think he can play as an inside linebacker. Or they lost Jalen Phillips to an injury chilles injury, and Van Ginkel has been the guy who has filled in there, and he's got five or six sacks in the last month.
Speaker 5: They've allowed him to do what he does right.
Speaker 3: And he can cover a guy down the field too, you know.
Speaker 7: And ten tackles, seven solo three assists and then one and a half sacks and.
Speaker 4: Go to the next one four quarterback hits.
Speaker 2: Yep, he was in the backfield the whole game.
Speaker 3: And he's been playing like that. Coming into this game, I thought forty three is my favorite player on that Dolphins.
Speaker 8: So why can't we allow our defense to show that type of ability.
Speaker 5: You can only do that by.
Speaker 8: Blitzaying they've done that and putting pressure on little guys like to of you have to put pressure on the house. It saw what they did last night with Baltimore against Purdy. They made him look like a child. They made him look like a little kid.
Speaker 5: So they did.
Speaker 3: Here's the other part of it. Here's the other part of with the Dolphins defense. They've got two of the best interior defensive linemen in the league in Christian Wilkins and Zach Sealer and Wilkins and and this is these are guys who can pressure the quarterback. To Wilkins as a career high eight sacks and now I think Steelers up to seven and a half or eight sacks now after getting one the other day. Number ninety two and a guy out of Fairis State, and he has emerged as a real player in this league. And then they got Bradley Chubb on the other side.
Speaker 5: So so what do we have and we've got so.
Speaker 8: Whatever we have, I want to hear the Miami people talking about, you know, how they were used perfectly, how they were used to upset to was you know, passing system to part of it is with Miami. He gets we sat back and just played catch and release.
Speaker 5: We just sat back and let him catch it, and then.
Speaker 3: We released their offensive scheme that he gets rid of the ball so quickly it's almost like you can't get to him.
Speaker 8: You know, Well, you can knock balls down because he's right. I'm sure I'm taller than he is, So you can get up there and pass it, pressure his face with blitzes.
Speaker 5: Then you're gonna have.
Speaker 3: Knocked down and then you got and you have some passes defense in the box score. And how many passes defense did the Cowboys have in this game? Zero zero zero zero pds in this game?
Speaker 5: You got to give you a d help. You got to give your second.
Speaker 3: Three and a couple of them are defensive linemen knocking balls down, I think.
Speaker 4: And one forced fumble. Can't get away from one forced.
Speaker 8: Fumble, so I mean I'm using them, Well, I don't. I don't think we're using them, correct, Jones.
Speaker 3: I believe it was.
Speaker 4: No no force fumble was yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Was because the one fumble that the Cowboys had the one. But yeah, it was a significant that was that wasn't a forced fumble. They gave him a fumble, That's what I'm asking They gave him. They gave you a Dolphins player a forced fumble for the budge of andoff. No, there's no all right, Mickey's gonnawhere.
Speaker 4: There messed up because they got one force fumble and no, oh no, no resource fumbles in one fumble recovery.
Speaker 3: Take to see all right? Yeah, all right, we continue with more mix shots in a moment.
Speaker 6: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 3: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 5: What a pairing can cracks?
Speaker 3: A kickoff?
Speaker 14: Tailgate's going way past postgame Sunday Night overtimes, follow by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miliberal Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 11: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game. By subscribing to AARP FraudWatch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 10: You know that sound anywhere? It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. Sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 3: That's what I like.
Speaker 11: Shots.
Speaker 7: DeMarcus Lawrence is the Dallas Cowboys nominee for the twenty twenty three Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award, presented by Nationwide. Help Tank raise funds for Dak Prescott's Faith Fight Finish Foundation by casting your vote on NFL dot com slash Man of the Year or tweet your support using the hashtag wpmoy challenge. Voting ends January eighth. Vote for Tank.
Speaker 3: All right, very good. Final humnutes here of mixed shots, and Mickey's looking through his legal path has filled up.
Speaker 5: We have a text from Nate and Frisco.
Speaker 8: The reason they keep playing curse is because the other guys cannot get the system down.
Speaker 5: Is that true pacts? I have no idea. When Nate knows more than you.
Speaker 4: He knows about systems, He knows what's.
Speaker 5: Going on in that locker room.
Speaker 8: I mean, and my question is how long do we keep going with hybrids when anytime that we have an unsuccessful outing, it's because most of the time we keep giving up the run.
Speaker 5: How long do we keep going with hybrids?
Speaker 4: And the thing I've noticed these last two weeks and put Detroit, they do.
Speaker 3: A pretty good job right, work to an extent against the Dolphins. Okay, ninety one yards rushing whatever, but there were times where you had to stop the run, like we.
Speaker 5: Could get the chain still moved right.
Speaker 8: That's why That's what I always say, is not the numbers, it's when you It's when you make it.
Speaker 3: It's when you got them backed up at after your fumble on the goal line in the first play, they run right at one of your safeties playing linebacker and you get six yards. Yeah, that's right. And then so now going forward, the makeup of your roster is, Okay, what are you going to do when you play a team like Buffalo and he's they're going to run it and run it and run it some more. Because because part of the reason that they made the lineup adjustment probably was based off of what happened in Buffalo last.
Speaker 8: We well, even if you don't run the ball, if you play the Cowboys, we're going to put some run plays in them because they haven't stopped them yet.
Speaker 5: That's what you have. That's the cost that you have to bear.
Speaker 8: That's that's on you because you created that yourself as a defensive defense.
Speaker 4: So it'll be interesting to see if in two things that I think affected both of those things we talked about, Tyron Smith was missing.
Speaker 3: And he was missing, believe me, and video evidence of that.
Speaker 4: He saw it, and at least I saw him walking through the locker room. I don't even think anybody tried to get a grunt out of him, but he was walking well.
Speaker 7: And Jerry said earlier today he's hopeful he will play okay on Saturday again.
Speaker 3: And then those injections that worked in the past.
Speaker 5: Guys, John, I've been playing all year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, well, four or five games early on, too early, and then there was a couple later on that he missed.
Speaker 8: So so while we've been playing well and had our little street going, Dak still been getting hit, whether Tyrant's playing or not. So you know, we still have the same sacks, we still have the same number of hits. It doesn't change whether you've got Zach in there or Tyroan in there.
Speaker 3: Actually, there was a stretch where they weren't getting to deck. Yeah, and that was against the Giant Scarrolighthed Washington. Interesting.
Speaker 5: That's so impressive. Very thank you for bringing that up, Bill.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that the Giant totally count my statement.
Speaker 5: Yes, thank you so much. I mean, you know, but when.
Speaker 3: They started playing Seattle, Philadelphia, Buffalo, Miami, all of a sudden, he's getting sacked three or four times.
Speaker 4: You get yeah, and then the other thing I think we have to look for this week is Jonathan Hankins to see exactly where he's at.
Speaker 3: Didn't sound hopeful this morning.
Speaker 5: What's going on radio? What's going on?
Speaker 4: Well, he's got a high ankle spray now, he said, I'm trying for next week last week. But I'm thinking those high ankle sprains are usually two usually four weeks, right, maybe three if you're lucky, and so I would think he misses one more. We'll see where that one goes. And you know, they missed his presence there. But again they at least they kind of shut down the edge, and that's what where Buffalo made their money was on the edge, So yeah, fix that and then something else.
Speaker 7: My whole thing is after two losses to teams that are good, you have to gain your confidence back to go in and beat another winning team. And I think that's the biggest thing for this week, and Micah was saying that in his post game as well. You have to get that confidence back up in the locker room.
Speaker 3: We're gonna throw a soft ball to Mickey. Did you like when Mike who was lining up at middle linebacker, did.
Speaker 2: He make a tackle too? Yes, just do it.
Speaker 4: Let him blitz and then he even dropped in coverage.
Speaker 5: I saw it.
Speaker 3: And then he counts among linebackers on the field. So you do have a linebacker on.
Speaker 4: The roster, except he's a defensive end right.
Speaker 3: Well, because they can't.
Speaker 2: They can't hold him.
Speaker 5: As Wellbridge would be the death of us all.
Speaker 4: They can't hold him as well if he's a linebacker. If he gets a running start, right instead of when you're on the line of scrimmage, they just grab him.
Speaker 2: Nothing happens.
Speaker 5: They grab him. They sure grab him all his face and everything.
Speaker 4: And he's basically undersized when you're two. I don't know what they got him listening.
Speaker 8: When you say that picture that that that you like that, well, the Savannahs picture. It's yes, it's in the open. It's not like this that was on the line of scripts. He's like, he's like, right there, bo, how do you how do you miss that as a referee because you're looking at the the back, You're looking at him, because he's the closest you're looking at that you look at I just don't know.
Speaker 4: That was the mail bag question for Wednesday. Yeah, like what can they do about it? And I'm like, I wish I had an answer for the guy.
Speaker 3: So, uh, Mickey, you're gonna go spend some time hanging out at the Missoo Team Hotel this week.
Speaker 4: I heard that their band is practicing in Flower Mound either Wednesday, I think Wednesday or Friday. Yeah, okay, I might have to go to that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I will the bill.
Speaker 5: To the band practice. Did you play in the band?
Speaker 2: It's three miles from my house.
Speaker 5: Did you play in the band?
Speaker 2: But it's to support the band.
Speaker 7: And he has to get the audio for the fight.
Speaker 5: The only one.
Speaker 3: Record the fight song, if they ever played, if they play a fight song, if something that sounds like a fight song, record.
Speaker 5: He wouldn't, he would not.
Speaker 4: Just watch the Cotton Bowl and you'll hear it not. And then Thursday morning is the coach's breakfast.
Speaker 3: Oh you're planning to go to that.
Speaker 5: I know you're going to get my ticket to you.
Speaker 3: Then I asked you to speak.
Speaker 4: Uh no, but I'm hoping the quarterback is going to throw a ball because last time, uh.
Speaker 5: He throws like I went.
Speaker 3: I went to the little toy footballs they throw out to the ground and going to be there.
Speaker 2: They were playing Arkansas.
Speaker 3: Our quarter taking away from our quarterback.
Speaker 4: Chase Daniel hit the guy from thirty yards off the stage right in the hand.
Speaker 2: Their guy at Arkansas hit the tables somewhere, and I said, we got this.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's any players at that breakfast, by the way, the luncheon.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about. I know, but you said breakfast.
Speaker 2: You said I hope the quarterbacks are.
Speaker 4: I said I hope. I didn't say they were. I just said I hope like they did at the luncheon.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, okay, all right? And that's Friday night Miszoo and the Ohio State jealousy.
Speaker 2: And here from people that pull.
Speaker 3: In I'm promoting the fact that at at and T Stadium.
Speaker 2: And all the ads are on TV too.
Speaker 4: Did you hear see the running back Strader might be the best running back in the country.
Speaker 3: Really, have you seen him? He don't Walker Award?
Speaker 5: He should?
Speaker 2: He should have.
Speaker 4: He led the sec in rushing walk on he won the from Division two.
Speaker 3: By the way, Mickey, why are you so bitter?
Speaker 2: Because I like to support my team?
Speaker 3: There you go? Okay, that does it for mix shots, A partying mix shots from Maszoo Mick and we will shout Mickey will shout at you tomorrow at high noon.
Speaker 5: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas cow Boys puts a clash