Speaker 1: This is Dana Perkins and you're listening to Switched on the B and EF podcast, and today we bring you a recording from our BNIF Summit, New Delhi, which took place on the fifth of September. Our summits take place in locations around the world and highlight the most pressing issues in the energy transition for that region. In India, the most populous country in the world, we focus on how a global transition to a lower carbon world is having an impact on the future of energy, transport and finance in that country. The panel featured on today's show is titled Scaling up Clean Power to meet India's growing energy demand. Now, given India needs to quadruple the amount of installations of wind and solar capacity in order to meet its twenty thirty target, what are the steps that must be taken to make this possible well. The panelists today explore the challenges and opportunities for power sector decarbonization, highlighting the role technology will play, including renewables and the important role of grids, but also highlighting nuclear and energy storage, along with the impact of AI as a source of energy demand. Panelists include Giorgio Fortunato, head of Clean Energy and Power for Asia Pacific at Google, Kavitia Saha, Managing Director and Head of Infrastructure and Sustainable Energies for India at CPP Investments, Amit Singh, chief Executive Officer of A Donnie Green Energy, and Gurdip Singh, Chairman and Managing Director at NTPC Limited. This panel was moderated by bn EF India specialist Rohit Gadre. For more information regarding BNF summits and to view recordings from this event, including BNF talks that were delivered by our analysts, there head to about dot BNF dot Com forward slash Summit forward slash New Delhi. Right now, let's hear from the panel brought to you from BNF Summit, New Delhi.
Speaker 2: And guess now firmly back on the growth track after a few blips that we saw in the last few years. In fact, this year, BNF forecasts that India will add more wind and solar than it has ever done before. Now our growing power demand has reaffirmed the importance of energy security, but low carbon transition remains front and center of policymaking. To discuss the scaling up of clean power in the country, we have a very stellar panel with us here today, let's start this discussion. I want to start with Amidji from Adani Green. What is your views the project developer? What is the sort of key hurdle to really scaling up renewables?
Speaker 3: How do you de risk execution?
Speaker 4: I think I'll phrase my answer a little differently. I think if you were to ask a question, what do we need to do to move fast to accelerate the deployment of renewable I'll start from the bottom of that list. I think we all are aware of the challenges of grid connectivity, evacuation. I think there is a plan in place, but let's talk about what we can solve when we should and we must solve to accelerate execution and two things which and one thing I feel is not captured.
Speaker 3: There is people.
Speaker 4: There is a big gap of people with adequate vocational skills, ability to retain them, mobilize them to some of the project sites and make sure that they are able to deliver a high productivity on our projects. I would pick that up as a topic of focus, which something we are looking at and I think the industry is also focusing on. And although supply chain disruption may not look like an issue.
Speaker 3: But if we are looking.
Speaker 4: To deliver returns to our shareholders, if you're looking to do projects at scale, these supply chain disruptions, test our to execute, test our limit to move fast. We are looking to domestically source these goods. And you know, I think it's very well known in the industry that we still don't have a very resilient supply chain. I think the way time of inverters the transformers is very high, and I think there's a huge opportunity to fix that, to make investments in that space and make sure that we can solve for it. So those are two things I would really talk about and maybe you know, expand on further as we go.
Speaker 2: Perfect you mentioned return to shareholders. That's something I'll come back to because it's a topic that's that deserves much more attention. How do we get these IRRs out? But before that, good dig question to you. You know NTPC has a twenty thirty two renewable target, but obviously it will play a very important role in any Government of India plan to scale up the cold fleet to meet our energy demand. So how do you see ntpc's sort of capacity mix and technology mikes changing out because of these factors.
Speaker 5: Let's try to understand that we are the largest power producer in the country and we remain kind of the backbone I think the energy NTPC and power grid. If you're just taking and we are not here only merely for the profit motive, I think this is important to be noted and I think for the consumer, it is important that consumer gets the uninterrupted, reliable power supply.
Speaker 6: Which is affordable and the transition is inevitable.
Speaker 5: But at this point of time and the short frum, medium trum long term, what can be the energy mix which will ensure that there is no interruption and we are able to supply.
Speaker 6: So we can all these things into mind when we are going AHT.
Speaker 5: So the call base capacity which we are still adding and there are some other private developers are also adding because that's a necessity at this point of time, because we are the fastest mowing economy and our energy needs are.
Speaker 6: Also intendem and increasing day by day.
Speaker 5: So it's important that everybody is having the clean source of energy. And as you know that we had connected each and every household in the country twenty eighteen nineteen, and we have seen the surge in the demand in the past few years, so there is a space for everything. But I think this is this provides this space for all sorts of energy. Our focus has been mainly in the lasts four or five years back that we will be putting more and more renewable energy, which remains intact.
Speaker 6: So we have declared that.
Speaker 5: We will be reaching to almost sixty giga or by twenty thirty two. And I'm just again reliterating here that our work is perfectly online as per ower target. In addition to that, we are adding some coal capacity, which is also important, and by that time we should be lending somewhere like sixty forty kind of thing by twenty twenty thirty two. So I think this is what at present ganet.
Speaker 6: It's the overall scenarios.
Speaker 3: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: I'll go to Google next. And we've talked about growth in power demand. Now tech companies have also reported very strong uptick in their own power consumption because of data centers, because of AI, because of various other reasons. Now, how does this affect the global goal to have twenty four by seven hourly clean matching of clean power?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I think we need to recognize that the energy transition is an inflection point at the moment. So we see this growing demand and this demand is becoming steeper and steeper, and this of course is a challenge for our systems.
Speaker 3: To put things into perspective.
Speaker 7: So data centers, industry wide electricity consumption is today estimated to be around one percent of the global electricity demand.
Speaker 3: And where is dress coming from?
Speaker 7: Well, of course, as we continue to electrify and digitize our systems so heating, transportation, industrial processes, manufacturing, and therefore the electricity grids.
Speaker 3: Need to adapt to this new wave of demand.
Speaker 7: And this is investments in a generation, investments in transmission, and not only the hardware side of things, but also the software side of things.
Speaker 3: So how do we make our.
Speaker 7: Twist these systems more efficient and more effective? Now, the key question is, as this demand is growing, are we gaining enough on energy efficiency? So can we somehow balance these growth? Can we offset some of this? And the second big question is also as the demand is growing, is clean energy capacity growing at the same pace, Because in order for us to be successful, the clean energy capacity need to grow at least at the same speed. And so let me give you a couple of examples of how we are working with these two aspects.
Speaker 3: Of energy efficiency and clean energy. So an energy efficiency.
Speaker 7: Compared to three years ago, a Google data center is five times as efficient as it used to be. So we work on this both on the IT side of things. So our newest TPU Trillium six gener TPU is sixty seven percent more efficient than its previous generation. And when you look at the non IT load, when you look at the efficiency of the data centers, a typical Google data center is one point eight times more efficient than an enterprise data center on average.
Speaker 3: So there's a lot of work that we're.
Speaker 7: Doing on the energy efficiency side of things. That is an area of very deep focus for Google on the clean energy. So as you mentioned twenty four seven carbon free energy, so we aim to operate on twenty four seven carbon free energy. That means procuring carbon free energy every hour of the day in every grid where we operate globally, right.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 7: In Asia Pacific, we have signed power purchase agreements in new markets in the last twelve months Australia, Japan, Singapore, and we continuously actively procure carbon free energy in all the markets where we operate where we have data centers or where we have cloud presence, and globally this has been a record year as well because it's a four gigabat of carbon free energy power purchase agreements and this is more than every year.
Speaker 3: Before for Google.
Speaker 7: So you know, keeping that clean energy capacity curve as deep as possible as the demand is also growing and becoming steeper.
Speaker 2: Very good, Thank you. I'll go next to Kaveta And one of the problems that I think doesn't get spoken about quite as much is the fact that renewable projects in India, many of them tend to underperform. They don't generate as much energy as was initially thought of. Now, as an investor, how big of a problem do you think this is? And then what can be done to really achieve the returns for shareholders?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks for that, r Hit.
Speaker 8: So if I actually take a step back of is it that your underwriting has enough cushion built into it to be able to handle the on the ground operational nuances right? Very frequently, what you have found is that there may be one aspect which is underperforming. Maybe you know, the number of units which are generated than what is expected. On the other hand, your cost of delivery of project or speed of delivery of project has surprised you on the positive. So on overall basis, you know, you're still able to come within the range of returns that you would have underwritten, but maybe from a different mix of sources. But I think the one thing, and again, if I look at it between solar and wind, I think solar has been overall a positive experience because the range of variability of what the project delivers is not so much and they have definitely been pockets of time when the cap cost has surprised you to the post, and so overall you have ended up getting good returns from projects. Wind, on the other hand, has been a mixed back and specifically over the last few years where you are seeing you know, the reversion to the long term mean not really happening. So from that perspective, the lost generation on wind projects is more difficult to underwrite. And I would say, you know, from the point of view of an investor, underwriting is a constant learning curve, right, you have to keep adjusting your model to what you are learning on the ground and some of the factors that are driving. Therefore, the underwriting is how the wind performance has been. You know, do you think the P seventy five or the P fifty or P ninety is really the true one? Is this impacted by micro sighting? And how are you looking at, you know, the mix of solar and wind projects in the sense that are you moving away from or are you looking at a less proportion of standalone wind projects. I think some of those which keep getting questioned on an ongoing basis and we keep you know, driving our own diseases.
Speaker 2: That way, we will come back to that topic of you know, wind solar hybrids and sort of combining technologies. But before that, on this question of technology, I want to go back to goodeg. You know, there is a renewed focus on the nuclear power sector in India and the Finance Minister also very clearly alluded to that in her budget speech.
Speaker 3: So what is the.
Speaker 2: Role that ntpiece could play in the nuclear sector in India?
Speaker 6: Now, good thank you for that question.
Speaker 5: I think I thought, okay, mostly gene people will be only solar and when and these days may be on the storage, but I think the nuclear is going to be a very important part. And I think for the last two years we had been working on this area and now we have a joint venture with NPCIL and in next month or so we will start finding it and it's news that we will we start work on our first nuclear power plant which is going to be four into seven hundred megavat.
Speaker 6: This is in the joint venture as it is just mentioned.
Speaker 5: And going forward, we are looking ahead for the SMR and the MMR and also we are looking at the large size nuclear power plants across the country. We are in dialogue with at least four to five states to have the suitable site for that. Going forward, I think the nuclear will become quite important from the base load point of view unless there is a completely breakthrough in something the storage solution, which is going to be much much more cheaper and tibal there is something new technology which really emerges.
Speaker 6: But otherwise, also I.
Speaker 5: Think the nuclear seems to be taking the CTU and which will be able to provide the twenty four y seven carbon free genetic energy source. And let's include here that also that the hydrogen which is much talked about subject as of today and it's the fuel for future nuclear is going to play very important role in that also.
Speaker 6: So we are quite focused on this so nuclear.
Speaker 5: Large size or the SMRs going forward and carbon capture and utilization are going to become the integral part of the energy security to provide the energy needs pervent perfect.
Speaker 6: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: India has taken somewhat of a UNI path in its auctions of renewables, both in terms of volume but also now in terms of the innovation of first doing wind solar hybrids and now there are various types of complex projects, different combinations of wind solar storage with different supply terms to improve the generation profile of renewables, to get renewables closer to what eventually is needed. My question will be to omit you on this one. Now, a Dani Green has been the first mover in wind solar hybrids. There are a number of projects that are already commissioned, but so far we haven't seen the company do round the clock or FDI projects. So what is your outlook on the future of these complex projects in India and what is Adani Green's strategy in this space.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look, I think if I step back, I think our approach is very simple. I think we want to be the low cost generator in the country by default, and we don't look at low cost only at our side of generation, but also we take into account a system as well in which we are injecting, because that's where the value gets created and I think our customers are asking for it as well, So keeping that in mind, I think it's important that we look at hybrid projects which are co located, and we've done those projects successfully as you allude it to, and we continue to focus to develop project sites where we can combine both solar and wind, and I think that partially addresses the topic of investment as well, because it is true that I think the wind has not performed close to the long term averages over the last few years.
Speaker 6: But it's also true.
Speaker 4: That our understanding of weather is not as good as it needs to be. We are far far behind where the industry needs to be where we are, and that's something which we are taking very seriously to both understand short term and long term weather patterns and make sure that our investment case is is kind of de risked by a good understanding of weather, and keeping that in mind, our approach is very simple, focus on co located hybrid projects and look at large scale palm storage projects also to deliver a high CUF and high RTC projects.
Speaker 6: So we're also.
Speaker 3: Developed developing and.
Speaker 4: We plan to have five plus gigawadscale palm storage project.
Speaker 2: We'll come back, We'll come back to palm storage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sir, so, I think that's our approach and we feel that we'll kind of secure our you know, brid as well.
Speaker 2: If I can just follow up a little bit on this, you mentioned that our understanding of the weather over different time scales is not as good as it should be. Is there something specific you can tell us on how this sort of risk is being mitigated by the industry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: Look, I think if you look at the density of weather stations we have and the frequency at which we measure these weather patterns in our country, especially project sites, noway close to what we need for doing a very high quality macrostrating as a as A as a company, as as A as as Adani. We are proactively investing in putting you know, very sophisticated weather monitoring stations and tools ahead of projects, especially for wind and but I can tell you that when it comes to whether modeling and forecasting, the sector needs.
Speaker 3: To work together.
Speaker 4: We need to work together with the metro agencies in India and outside and make sure that we have a much more robust way of predicting gust movements, predicting wind changes in short term, long term, for grid balancing, for scheduling, and that's something which we are taking up as well with the authorities in India. But I would invite everybody to kind of participate in that.
Speaker 2: So we need more data, but we also need all the stakeholders to work to ironically, got it. I'll continue with this topic of sort of hybrid and complex projects. These are sort of a very new development in the market or just the last few years. And now these projects combine technologies. They're often oversized projects. So how do investors assess the case for these projects?
Speaker 3: What? What?
Speaker 2: What are the things that you would look at if this project came to you, Yeah, I think it.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 8: First of all, it starts with what kind of project is it?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: Is it a hybrid project?
Speaker 3: It is it?
Speaker 6: Is it RTC? Is it peak power load?
Speaker 8: Following, you know, you have various parameters of project which then determine, you know, what is the solution that you are looking at, whether it's a combination of wind, solar, solar plus battery pumped hydro which is currently in short supply. But you know, so it's uh, it's a question of what combination of technology solutions would enable you to deliver that power. And the again, one of the other parameters is that how is that stable power being measured? Is it time of the day, is it monthly? Is it on an annual average? So all of this goes into the designing itself. The second part of that is uh is of course you know the understanding the amount of execution which is going to be required right again, as I mentioned earlier, and this is going to be a common theme that it is a constant learning process. Today you don't have enough learning from that to kind of drive a more you know, confident underwriting. One of the ways you look at it is of course in terms of pricing the risk to the return expectations from these projects.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 8: Fortunately, because this is still evolving, I think the competitive intensity in complex projects today is low, which enables you to look at pricing this in a sensible manner. But I think as the market understanding evolves, you know, your underwriting models will become better and then the pricing will also become fitter. But today I think it is more a question of trying to figure out how much is the risk, What is the return that I should expect to compensate for the risk.
Speaker 2: So it is a learning process for everyone, but there are some fundamentals that you would still look at.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right, Georgio.
Speaker 2: Just continuing along these lines, you know, to get to twenty four by seven. There are many different sort of routes or options available.
Speaker 6: You have on.
Speaker 2: Site projects, off site PPAs. There are various states which have utility green tariffs. There is a wreck market or green certificate market in India. Now in the India context, how do you view all the different options? How do you prioritize and choose?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Sure, so there are so many different options. The one criteria is impact, of course, So to make sure that you know what we do is is it adding incremental clean energy into the grid first of all?
Speaker 3: And also you know, is it contributing to a systemic change?
Speaker 7: Because there is no better way to run data centers on twenty four seven can of free energy? But what good does it make if it just ticks a box and it doesn't it doesn't result in a systemic shift? Right, So this is what we're trying to do collectively at Google and with many partners. We work with so on the different procurement options. So one thing that always comes up is like the these unbundled REGs, unbandled ecs. So just let me let me untack this for a mino to share, you know, how we think about it. So unbundling means for the developer taking a risk, right because they're going to sell the electricity into the market, and they're going to sell the unbandled rex ubandled eecs to either a separate market or a corporate of taker. So there is a very big difference between procuring these unbundled eecs from markets where they are very cheap or from all the projects, while on the other hand, committing to a long term procurement of unbandled eecs that is fundamental for the developer to actually face those risks and bring the project to financing. So you see, even one one solution, one procurement avenue, it can have very different the very different value or very different you know impact according to how you actually interpret or utilize the procurement avenue. And so along those lines, you know on twenty four to seven CFE is there's a lot of local procurement aspects so when we look at the region, for example, I look after the Zapak. You know, we've done things in Japan, for example, we have done projects that are very very small solar power plants fifty two hundred kiloba aggregated provide forty megaba to support the operations of our data center in Inzai.
Speaker 3: And so why did you do that?
Speaker 7: Well, because the land is not available, right, We've talked about land constraints and permitting.
Speaker 3: So solving for local.
Speaker 7: Issues in specific markets is really the challenge that we need to face at the moment. I'll give you another example from Taiwan. We have recently announced capital investment in partnership with black Rock and here, well, there is not enough generation of carbon free energy, right, so we come in with a capital investment to actually support the development of one gigabat pipeline of solar. And the beauty of this particular transaction is also that Taiwan is home to one of our data centers, but it's also home to many of our suppliers. So Google has set targets for twenty four seven carbon free energy. You know, in every greed where we operate for our own data centers and operations but also we have an at zero goal, so we are actively helping and supporting our suppliers to de carbonize their own operations. And so this deal is particularly interesting because it captures both. You know, we will have the opportunity to offer some of this capacity to our suppliers. So you know, I think there are many different procurement avenues. Is how we utilize them and how do we make impact? And the last point specifically you ask on India is some of these procurement avenues are already available.
Speaker 3: But for us, really.
Speaker 7: What works well is when we have multiple procurement avenues available. So we would like to have physical PVAs, but also virtual PPA is also CFD, also unbundled bundled RECs and behind the meter not metering off site, on site, you.
Speaker 3: Know, everything that is possible.
Speaker 7: And also I'm not I'm not just saying this for Google, but because you know, even tech companies among them have and even they are similar companies headquartered in the in the same country, right, but we have even among the tech companies different procurement rationale. We do what we do for different reasons in different ways. And so imagine if you take companies that are in sectors that.
Speaker 3: Are very far away.
Speaker 7: So how can one procurement methodology or avenue fulfill the needs of companies that are so different in their strategic approach to carbon free energy procurement. So yeah, as many options as possible.
Speaker 2: So horses for courses, but you also want to be greedy and have everything available to pick from. Okay, I want to come back to something that was mentioned a couple of speakers, which was pumped hydro storage. Now, again, this is a technology where India has taken a different path to many countries.
Speaker 6: It is it seems to be.
Speaker 2: One long duration energy storage option which a lot of government entities and private players are looking at very seriously. So I want to ask Amiji this question. Now, Adani Green is working on these projects in multiple states at different stages. What are the one or two major challenges that you're encountering and then how are you moving ahead with your development plans?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think Look, I think India is very well blessed with these kind of structures where we have a bit of a head and water bodies where which we can use for you know, pump storage where we can recycle water day and night. And I think if you look at some other countries like US where more than ninety percent of storage has been conventionally through pump storage, and I think in India we have a great opportunity to do that as we progress towards the renewable future. And you know, we've kind of selected those structures. We have looked at d risking their geotechnical and understanding the geology and everything else. But I think what we have also found that some of the policies framework which are applied to pump storage project is similar to what was for hydro project and that needs to be seriously looked at. I think there is a in the budget, there is a new mention about this and we believe that it will help cut the cost time needed to develop these you know, initial conformance reports dprs from eighteen months too much lower, so these things can be accelerated and I believe Secondly, I think what we talked about in renewable applies here as well. Combination of supply chain and financing will have to be looked at. We believe very strongly that pump storage will will bring a lot more reliable way of storage. Although it competes very nicely with small scale battery systems as well, but if you look at the life of a palm storage projects, it's excess of a certain five one hundred years. Palm storage projects also bring inertia into the system compared to what a battery will do. And so I think we also will look at battery systems, but palm storage will be our go to approach for at scale storage solutions, and mostly in Central India. I think quite a few states have that structure available which we can benefit from.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I want to come back to Gurdig just carrying on one of the themes earlier in terms of corporate clean power procurement.
Speaker 3: Now many.
Speaker 2: Trends suggest that corporates purchasing clean energy is likely to be one very big growth segment for carbon free clean power in India. Does NTPLC plan to target this segment? What sort of strategy would NTPC have for corporate corporate buyers of clean power?
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you're if you just follow us.
Speaker 5: We have been working on this area also for quite some time and we have the joint ventures which.
Speaker 6: We have already gene started working on like with.
Speaker 5: Ioc L, with the HPC, SPCL and metal energies. There are many more Gina kinds of this which are bulk consumer in fact, not only the smaller consumers, but the bull consumers, and we are quite open to have let's say, the joint ventures with them or otherwise we are more than happy to commit to supply them the powers for their requirement. We have much larger portfolio. It's not only the solar and wind, but it's all some portion of the hydro and then the storage solution what we are talking about. So this is the one segment which will work for some time, I believe, and there will be there will be first more advantage for some of the industries and we are here to support.
Speaker 6: In many ways.
Speaker 5: Managing the grid is going to become quite a challenge. As we are we are adding more and more unpredictable or the kind of train is this we generate when we want that kind of power?
Speaker 6: I think this is aldgene.
Speaker 5: We are at that point of time that at times our cold base assets which are taking the total burden as of now of flexing, and I think there will be limit when these assets will not be able to support the grid.
Speaker 6: So there will be time when this renewable energy.
Speaker 5: Will have to be scheduled, so f d R is one thing from disposable r E. But I think that power is yet to come to the great I think that's that's the one one more challenge which is going to emmerse. So all in all, what we are working is that the total spectrum was as you would have noticed, and I think you your your question itself about the nuclear So we are in the old form of the power generation and we.
Speaker 6: Are working that.
Speaker 5: As for the requirement of the consumer, how we can we can provide the energy requirements, as for their schedule, as for their requirement wherever they want. And there may be a point I think this is This is another important and the frond from Google here. I think this is going to be that for the hydrogen. I think the Western world is trying to put some conditions where they are saying that it should be within the pure the renewable energy and it should not be mixing up with the other kind of energies. Those kinds of complexities, some will come automatically and some will be I think introduced by some players. So we have to start then working then well in advance, how we are going to plan and how we are going to emergeze that.
Speaker 6: But let me assure you this house here that if there.
Speaker 5: Is any industry which requires whether it is totally green, which is totally carbon free or low carbon energy, I think we can work out those solutions, and maybe I think graded manner that can.
Speaker 6: Also be also be worked out on those.
Speaker 5: So it's going to be a quiet, an interesting and challenging future ahead for all of us.
Speaker 2: You mentioned scheduling of renewables, and we had just heard amid you talk about the importance and the role of weather forecasting and improving That sort of goes hand in hand. When you have one, you can really work better on the other one.
Speaker 6: Now the question is I think there is another one.
Speaker 5: Maybe there will be some time when the renewable energy may.
Speaker 6: Have to be curtailed.
Speaker 5: Yes, for the security of the grid, so we have we have to keep that in mind. Yeah, we cannot just make any kind of this is whenever you want you can come in and whenever you want you can go out. I think this is so that may be then requiring some kind of course for these storage purposes.
Speaker 6: But that's also.
Speaker 5: I think this is going to become an interesting phenomenon.
Speaker 6: It's going forward.
Speaker 4: That's exactly where, precisely where I think large scale storage is skill storage, and the grid support system has to become more resilient. I think a lot more focus needs to go towards storage, I think, and that will be the only solution we can think of.
Speaker 3: And talking back on.
Speaker 4: Weather, I think I think we need to do a better job in understanding weather.
Speaker 3: We have a big country.
Speaker 4: If you look at from east to west, you benefit from one plus hour verse of solar radiation if you have a plant which talks to each other. So I think we are yet to take advantage of that. Then renowble life feel and I know I talk on behalf. Everybody in the room has a long way to go, I think, and it's a big upside ahead of us.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening now. This was recorded live, so keep an eye out for more recordings from future summits, the next one being our BNF Summit London, which will take place on the eighth and ninth of October. Today's episode of Switched On was produced by Cam Gray with production assistants from Kamalas Shelling. Bloomberg NIF is a service provided by Bloomberg Finance LP and its affiliates. This recording does not constitute, nor should it be construed, as investment advice, investment recommendations, or a recommendation as to an investment or other strategy. Bloomberg aniff should not be considered as information sufficient upon which to base an investment decision. Neither Bloomberg Finance LP Nor any of its affiliates makes any representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this recording, and any liability as a result of this recording is expressly disclaimed.