Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack arms Strong, Joe Caddy.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and now he Armstrong and Catty Strong and Coruple loves these these rich Arab guys.
Speaker 3: They set up a mobile McDonald's. There a little different over there, the McDonald's. The happy meal toy is a little bone.
Speaker 2: Saw made me laugh? Did you write them that joke? Here's the funniest thing I thought that happened on the Saturday Night Live Open with the guy who does Trump.
Speaker 3: He was talking about.
Speaker 2: Anyway abidabbi abi dabbi abi dabbi do like the late great friends Flintstone. I thought that was so funny, eh boy, the late great Fred Flintstone. So I saw then news yesterday that they were going to have a voting session on the Big Beautiful Bill at ten o'clock Sunday night, And because it's the weekend and I'm a normal human being, I didn't like take a second to look into that, because I thought, what the hell kind of a procedural deal is a Sunday night at ten o'clock thingy? But I just did see that the four holdouts went along with whatever, and it passed.
Speaker 3: So there you go. Yeah, the four holdouts went along with whatever is a pretty good description of it. I will be a bit more detailed. And this is the reason I'm disgusted and embittered. This is the most sausagey of sausage making. If you're familiar with the old reference to politics, here's your headline from the I'm going to read you just a little bit because it's kind of revealing of at least a couple of things. Trump's tax and immigration bill clears Hurtle after late night vote to the House Budget Committee, passed a massive tax and immigration package central President Trump's agenda late Sunday, overcoming opposition from hardline conservatives, overspending four fiscal conservatives, all deficit hawks aligned with the old truck conservative House Freedom Caucus, changed their vote to present, allowing the legislative monstrosity. I injected that package to be recommended favorably to the House by a vote of seventeen to sixteen. But there hesitance to vote for the one Big Beautiful Bill Act out of committee is a reminder that the far right flank of the Republican Conference remains skeptical. I think I see where you're going here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, it could just be your typical wah PO journalistic bias, although the wa poe has improved somewhat lately a little bit. Anyway, I think it's unfortunately closer to true that I'm comfortable with that there are only a handful of like lunatic hard liners who are against the following headlines. This is from the Richard Ruben wrighting in the Wall Street Journal. The stark math on the GOP tax planet doesn't cut the deficit. It grows the deficit. The Republican Party, with both Houses of Congress and the White House, are going to grow the deficit. It's undeniable. Next headline, National Review, Republicans should stay the course on reducing medicaid spending. They're not going to. They're running in the other direction, partly because the incredibly smart calculating what is he up to?
Speaker 2: Josh Cawley of Missouri.
Speaker 3: Is all of a sudden, this is the guy now who led the charge to repeal Obamacare. He's now out shumering Schumer, saying that the the party's Wall Street wing, a noisy contingent of corporist Republicans want to slash health insurance for the working poor. Yeah, we mentioned that.
Speaker 2: On Friday, he wrote that op ed piece that the Republicans need to back off cutting medicare.
Speaker 3: Any Well, it's a reform of Medicaid. Any reforms are a hidden tax on working poor people. This is and he's referring to a thirty five dollars copay for able bodied adults covered by Obamacare Medicaid for a visit to the doctor. Thirty five dollars copay is some sort of hidden tax on working poor people.
Speaker 2: And that's just the calculation that Republicans are now the party of the working class, and they feel like they got enough a working class that are on Medicaid that they Josh Holley at least doesn't want to mess with it.
Speaker 3: And a yeah, now the party of pandering to and writing checks to people to win their votes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was going to say that it's interesting they call these people ultra conservative of right wing when not very many years ago you would have been the center of the Republican Party. I mean that would have been I mean as like what the Republican Party was. It was, it was, it was a term you would have used to define the party.
Speaker 3: In fact, it was so intrinsic to the Republican Party you'd feel silly even repeating what you just repeated. Right, no need fisically conservative.
Speaker 2: But I suppose in reality, given where most of the party is, they are ultra a right wing or ultra conservative because the bulk of the party doesn't care apparently and apparently not voters.
Speaker 3: So spending your children, grandchildren into tax and spend oblivion.
Speaker 2: Well all right, Well this story got repeated a lot over the weekend that we got downgraded on one of our credit scores by one of the major organizations that does that sort of thing, and U over the weekend it kind of got put out there that it was like a Trump thing because of tariffs or whatever. It was basically around the fact that our debt is just so high. It's just like would happen to you if you go to the bank and they take a look at your well you've got with your car payments. Now you bought like eight cars and two houses and you're just overmaxed.
Speaker 3: So you have eighty thousand dollars in credit card bills and you only make ninety a year.
Speaker 2: Right, right, So these dong grady because you just spend more than you make. That's what happened that didn't happen just in the last one hundred days under Trump. We've been building this for a long time.
Speaker 3: And the final reason I am completely embittered about the Republican Party in politics and America and democracy and life on Earth is the fact that, and it's a two part horror show, Part number one is that there are a bunch of swing district Republicans from big blue states California and New York most notably, who are not only trying to defend the idea of the salt deduction, the state and local tax deduction, they want to raise it from ten thousand dollars to at least thirty thousand dollars and maybe fifty thousand dollars. Meaning if you live in a tax and spend lunatic state like say California, all of those incredibly high taxes you're paying you can deduct from your federal tax return. So the other states will subsidize the tax and spend lunacy of New York and California. So my brothers in Kansas pay some of my taxes because I live in California. That makes sense. Yeah, you get a giant subsidy from the other states, you pay a lower federal tax rate, significantly lower depending on how much money you make than folks in fiscally responsible states, and is indefensible morally. It's indefensible as for Republican reason, not the party, but the idea of we have a federal system than states, and the states can do what they want, and they should what they want. You're fine, if Massachusetts wants to have a sixty five percent income tax, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I'm not living there, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: But then to transfer that profligacy to the other states is it's a horror. And as a conservative slash Republican, he says, trying not to vomit because of my embitteredness, the idea that that is a plank of the Republican Party. I'm done. It's it's hard to swallow.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, it would help Joe and I if this happens financially, but it's awful, absolutely awful.
Speaker 3: I believe you can't defend it. No, it's it's it's I am horrified. I don't care how much it would benefit me. God bless me. I have principles. It's really held me back in life Jack too. I just I'm done. I'm done. Yeah, it's well.
Speaker 2: Like I said last week, Sarah Asger of The Dispatch, I heard her on a podcast, They're having this discussion about party and she said, there are no political parties.
Speaker 3: What are we talking about here? Yeah? I need to seek that out because I think she nailed.
Speaker 2: Absolutely one hundred percent. There are no political parties. There's just whoever emerges as the candidate, cycle by cycle, and then whatever they believe, the party goes along with.
Speaker 3: And it's through on both sides.
Speaker 2: So the idea that there are parties that stand for something, we need to all move past.
Speaker 3: That. From my hero hl Menken, every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods. That's always been true. There was a time when a certain party had certain principles that I admired. Do you have times passed? You know what my high school sweetheart, college sweetheart, my wife of forty years is. When she's not turning tricks, she's killing people for the mob. Okay, she's not the one, And I felt that this is by the way, fictional illustration has nothing to do with my beloved bride, Judith. She's not the person she was. You can forget it.
Speaker 2: It's over, So move on, Get up, get an AI.
Speaker 3: Girlfriend like a normal person and a love bond or something I girlfriend like a normal person.
Speaker 4: Face Jack Armstrong and Joe Gretty The Armstrong and Getty Show, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: Yet another one of these? Do they run this quarterly? Is it some sort of requirement warning issue to anyone using this smiley face emoji to older people, not gen Z. A smile face means you're conveying that you're happy, Yeah, but gen Z takes this grinning face to convey sarcasm or irony. And then it has the inevitable twenty three year old employee who says, at first I thought my coarchers were being culled and sarcastic to me, And then I realized when they send a thumbs up, they really mean thumbs up, because he is it sarcastically and the tone of the article is always Therefore, you you older people really ought to be careful and they should.
Speaker 2: Switch to the way we do it as opposed to the other way around. Yes, I would.
Speaker 3: Say to Hovey's at BESHI, twenty one year old intern. Excuse me, I run this place. I own this place. People like me run the world. So you figured it out.
Speaker 2: My son sends me the emoji with the tears streaming down the face. Yes, at what seemed to me inappropriate times. It seems to mean something different to freshmen in high school than all the other adults who ever send me the emoji with tear streaming down the face? Yes, ka, Katie, you're not old and bitter. Well, don't go that better.
Speaker 5: But several of my younger friends send me that, which usually would mean like you're crying legitimately fry, like you were.
Speaker 2: Really touched by something, or you know my dog just died, or I heard about your mom or whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it means something's hilarious now, like you're crying, you're laughing.
Speaker 2: So okay, that's what I kind of picked up on. I thought, this is highly inappropriate. Does this mean you're laughing to well? Yeah, I cracked.
Speaker 3: You have a laughing till you're crying, right they do. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I cracked a joke to one of my girlfriends and I sent her that, and she sent me one of those back, and I was like, did something just happen.
Speaker 2: What's wrong? Like, that's exactly that what I have, And I thought, oh, geez, I hurt somebody's feelings.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that exact same thing came over me. I was like, what did I do? No, that's just their laughing face.
Speaker 3: Now are we talking about the tears streaming? See? We used that my family a lot. Like I didn't get the wordle.
Speaker 2: So upset. Yeah, but you're you're you're you're you're being sarcastic about how upset you are. Yes, exaggerating, Yeah, but it's kind of the opposite meaning for my son. Okay, now I get it. I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying and though they've got one of those already.
Speaker 3: My favorite texting story of all time and it will be for the rest of my life, was the woman who said, I'm sorry I didn't get back to you. My mom just passed away, and her friend replied lol, thinking it meant lots of love to me. They no longer speak.
Speaker 2: And I'm l O welling now is the ironic sorry?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 2: So to get back like this, I feel like LOL is like charity laugh or you know what is that term where you you laugh? You know, somebody says simple sympathy laugh at this point and I and then I don't know how to respond with a that actually is freaking funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I will. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I usually write out because I don't use emojis, because I'm a grown up. I usually write out, I actually laughed out loud at that.
Speaker 3: That was very funny, like that much if it's something real.
Speaker 5: Long and tedious, you're such a boomer, or you just send the word funny with zero punctuations so you can't tell if you're being serious or not.
Speaker 3: I have done that. I will frequently respond ha, because I was laughing lots of oz. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, but there's more.
Speaker 3: Linguists studying emojis emoji, I think I'm supposed to say, I'm not Japanese, all right. Have also pointed out that the symbols new meetings can often emerge from slang that older users might not be aware of. For example, older social media users might see the skull emoji as a literal symbol of death or a sign that someone is figuratively dead. Isn't dead, tired or dead to me whatever, But for the younger users, the skull is used to say I'm dead, which means that they found something hilarious and have died laughing.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, the skull is that was really funny. I'm gonna hit somebody I can. I can think of people i'd hit with that today. It would be very confused.
Speaker 3: While the sparkle emoji is frequently someone being sarcastic about how something, how good something is, and too much sarcasm. But here's the part I found really interesting.
Speaker 2: So I like, I send to like. If somebody says, hey, I got that promotion at work, I respond with an eggplant and then sprays of water.
Speaker 3: Is that the proper thing? Good Lord?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, do that? Yeah, that's perfect.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Or if you give a thumbs up and a sparkle, they'll think you're mocking them, which is again, we run the world. We old people run the world. You adapt us. But is your youngster texting about cannabis, for instance, sometimes known as pot or marijuana, the shamrock, the leaf, the maple leaf, the lemon, the grape, the watermelon, the strawberry, the cherry, the pineapple, the dog face, the candy, the cake, the ice cream cone, and the cookie can all be references.
Speaker 2: To cannabis, understand it. The egg plant is the traditional vegetable of success, and so if somebody has some good news.
Speaker 5: Keep believing that jack and use it frequently.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 3: These emoji can be references to cocaine, a rocket ship, a fish, a gas pump, a snowman or a snowflake. They're all sorts of drugs, sexting, the peach, which looks like God forgive me a woman's hindhand, or the eggplant, the water you mentioned, or cherries. Let's see.
Speaker 5: I was embarrassingly baffled the other day when I got a text message from a friend that said kiss my and then there was a peach emoji, and.
Speaker 2: I'm going, this is my peach?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: I saw somebody with a cherries tattoo on them? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: You, Katie? Is that a girl? What's that mean?
Speaker 2: Cherries were trendy.
Speaker 5: Late nineties early two thousands, but I don't know if that is meaning.
Speaker 3: What was a message?
Speaker 2: I had a delicious fruit.
Speaker 3: It was just a cute package. Okay, So okay, it didn't mean anything. All right, that's fine, doesn't need to We're looking it up. Oh.
Speaker 5: Often associated with sensuality, feminine power, innocence and use.
Speaker 2: Okay, according to an Instagram post.
Speaker 3: That's a stupid tattoo. Don't get that and if you haven't, get it removed.
Speaker 4: Arm Strong and Getty, the Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: To be honest.
Speaker 6: Elon Musk coming out and saying there is a huge amount of fraud. I welcome that message completely because finally someone is actually saying this.
Speaker 2: Thank god. Sixty Minutes did this story last night, even though they made me so angry. I was telling out loud a couple of times. This story about fraud on sixty Minutes, which we're going to spend a fair amount of time on right here, is absolutely amazing. Coming up.
Speaker 3: I want to bring my whole self to work has turned to the beatings will continue until the morale improves. And boy, that didn't take long. Stay tuned for that. But getting back to sixty minutes, I think I know what annoyed you so much, but I will tell you this. They did a story on enormous government fraud, a significant share of which you're about to hear, which would tend to reinforce a fairly trumpy slash republican view of the world. Shocked by that, then a great story on unbelievable scientific advancements dealing with spinal injury, and then a nice piece about Jimmy Lee Curtis in her career and blah blah blah. It was not obnoxiously activistly left wing.
Speaker 2: No, very classic sixty minutes last night. Yeah, and this first story is so important, just roll on with the next clip. There, Michael, is this woman who has been screaming about fraud and government her whole career and getting no attention.
Speaker 6: I believe the government is losing between five hundred and fifty billion and about seven hundred and fifty billion a year.
Speaker 2: We're coming up.
Speaker 6: Close to the one trillion dollar amount is lost every year a fraud.
Speaker 2: A year, a trillion dollars. We're coming up on a trillion dollars a year of fraud.
Speaker 3: I don't want to steal her thunder, but a lot of the story had to do with, or at least a significant amount with the fact that the safeguards are pathetic and inadequate, and everybody knows it because it's just not a priority. Yeah, you bust your ass to pay your taxes, and yeah, we take your money from you, or you go to jail. But yeah, once we have your money, now we don't safeguarded at all. Not really.
Speaker 2: This is a both party problem too, I mean, oh yes, because if one party made this big deal of this enough when they were in power, or they could do something about it, I think just keep going, Michael.
Speaker 7: When most people think of government fraud, I imagine they're thinking, somebody is claiming disability benefits when they're not actually eligible, somebody collecting food stamps when they're not actually eligible.
Speaker 6: Are those the biggest defenders. Not at all, Not by a long shot. What we're really talking about is nation state actors. We're talking about organized crime rings. We're talking about using vast amounts of stolen Americans' identities to monetize them for criminal activity.
Speaker 2: So when COVID happened and they were throwing around trillions of dollars like crazy and opening up all these various programs, lots of people jumped on it. It's similar to what happened in California with the biggest fraud in California state history, where prisoners from other states start applying for small business handouts and everything like.
Speaker 3: That and got them.
Speaker 2: It's the tune of gazillions and gills millions of dollars. This well, this next little clip from her will make you mad.
Speaker 7: In twenty twenty, Miller was appointed to an independent watchdog committee that tracked how COVID relief money was spent, so.
Speaker 6: We could tell right away it's like, oh, well, that's all gonna get stolen.
Speaker 2: You saw it coming.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I mean it was like they threw money in the air and just let people run around and grab it.
Speaker 2: Still in favorite tax increases, are you what that hang there for a while. It's like they threw money up in the air and let people run around and grab it. What is it with lefties? I do not understand the whole. I care about the down trow. I get caring about the downtrodden, but I don't get the whole. I care about the downtrodden, I'm willing to throw money at it and then not pay the slightest bit of attention at all ever to where the money goes or if it does any good. I believe this in my heart. There is a huge.
Speaker 3: Motivator. Let me structure the sense like this self congratulations may be the most important factor in good old American left wing politics. I'm not talking about like Jade Guavera Marxist politics. I'm talking about, you need to help the downtrodden. Let's not blame the victims. We have to have programs and plays, blah blah blah, well meaning folks, but their own self congratulations is all they require. If they feel that emotional feeling that they're looking for, they don't bother with any follow up. They don't care about any follow up. In fact, follow up ruins their buzz going through the accounting and realizing, oh my god, there's waste, fraud and abuse in this program. Holy cow, we got to roll up our sleeves, take a deep breath and get to work because this is bad.
Speaker 2: No, that kills their buzz.
Speaker 5: God.
Speaker 2: We always talk about the spending is the point because it goes to you know, connected people, cronies whatever, you know, family members that are on fake boards. I'm surprised those people don't out the fraud more like hey, you know Biden families or whatever. It's say hey, hey, hey, that million dollars went to some criminal in China. It's supposed to go to my uncle who's on this fake board. They're not keeping track of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they wouldn't say that out loud, but you'd think, yeah, they'd become anti waste activists. Although they would, they would be caught in their own web. I think, so they can't a little more from Linda Miller, righteous speaker of truth.
Speaker 6: The most egregious part is that a lot of the people who stole that money were foreign adversarial nation states.
Speaker 2: So who are they? Who are you talking.
Speaker 6: About We're talking about China, we're talking about Russia, impersonating Americans in a lot.
Speaker 3: Of cases, that's right. We are enriching shji In Pang and vlad Putin and his goons and oligarchs even as we're opposing them.
Speaker 2: This FBI guy roll on.
Speaker 8: These are arguably digital gangs in the twenty first century that are built off of having safe haven stas meating their governments are not going to interrupt their activity even if it's illegal, and.
Speaker 3: Then get a cut. The government's get a cut.
Speaker 2: And then this I find this a particularly fantastic because we all we hold on.
Speaker 3: Sorry about the ball.
Speaker 2: If we have to give our social Security number, we look around, we make sure nobody hears it. If we have to kee it into a pin, we put our hand over the pin pad, so nobody possibly sees our soci secrety. Because the most important thing you do, so make sure nobody gets a hold of your social security number. That's from sixty minutes.
Speaker 7: Brian Vorandrin is head of the FBI's Cyber Division.
Speaker 2: He says, these digital.
Speaker 7: Gangs are armed with a very important weapon. Is it true that the social security number of just about every single American is available for sale on the dark web?
Speaker 3: That is a truth tape.
Speaker 8: All of our personal identifiable information, name data, birth, former addresses, social security number is available in the dark netting can likely be purchased.
Speaker 2: That's chilling.
Speaker 8: Yep, it's very much away of our lives so right now.
Speaker 2: And purchased I hear for as little as two bucks apiece. Yep, very affordable. What the hell?
Speaker 3: If it can be hacked, it will be hacked, or more likely has been hacked. What the hell?
Speaker 2: And they had an example of an old couple and who lost their home in the Palisades area of Los Angeles and went to apply for their FEMA money, and somebody had already grabbed it using their address, name, social security number, all their data had already grabbed their money. So they couldn't get their money. Now they're going through the I can't imagine paperwork headache of trying to straighten that out and get the money that they're owed by these various programs that we support because some you know, Chinese, Russian, whoever actors stole it.
Speaker 3: Well. I don't mean to drive everybody to murderous rage. But what's especially frustrating about all of this and all of these dollar figures is that, remember, you got to tack on interest because we're borrowing that money.
Speaker 2: We didn't have it.
Speaker 3: It wasn't in our wallets.
Speaker 2: We've got to run to the bank and borrow it. Now, one more clip and then we'll fill in some dots.
Speaker 3: On this story.
Speaker 7: Last year, the FBI unraveled one of the largest digital fraud cases in US history, in which cyber criminals from around the world use stolen identities to pocket six billion dollars in pandemic unemployment funds.
Speaker 8: Six billion dollars is an enormous, enormous amount of money.
Speaker 7: Why is the government a target for this type of fraud?
Speaker 8: Because of the massive amount of money that exists in the federal government and in the state government.
Speaker 3: And the utter lack of interest in protecting it in a significant way, especially if it gets in the way of handing out steads of money and thereby winning votes.
Speaker 2: So, just so you have this takeaway, this Linda Miller person who's been doing this for her career and is so frustrated that nobody's been paying any attention, says, we're approaching three quarters of a trillion per year that gets stolen, mostly by foreign countries, and just from the COVID relief money. When that was just flying around, like she said, it's like they threw it up in the air and anybody could run and grab it, she says, is probably about a trillion of it was stolen a trillion dollars, and as the FBI guy said, we're never going to get it back. There's no recovering this money, a trillion dollars.
Speaker 3: If we had a king, the prisons would be full of the bureaucrats who allowed this to happen. Monarchy. Now, how is this story, let's just call it good?
Speaker 2: How's this not like a big enough story for an entire party to emerge around.
Speaker 3: I just think the other side of the coin is so attractive to people, particularly low information voters. We're gonna give you stuff. That's the party for me. Right there, that guy said he do you stuff.
Speaker 2: My media nitpicking just to get it out of my system?
Speaker 3: Is that.
Speaker 2: Cecilia Vega woman right at the very beginning of the story had to throw in Elon Musk over states how much waste there is, doesn't he And the woman said, yeah, he does. So they had to throw out this red herring for their lefty viewer. Elon Musk isn't for the We're not saying he's perfect or everything he.
Speaker 3: Did was good.
Speaker 2: Before we get to the biggest story you're going to hear this weekend that a trillion dollars was stolen from the gun of Elon Musk's numbers are fast and loose.
Speaker 3: On the other hand, this story that's really barely related.
Speaker 2: Nice red herring. You had to throw in there for some reason to satisfy your lefty view What the hell was that? That makes me so angry?
Speaker 3: I wonder if they like edited the story together and somebody said, hey, this really comes off as supporting road and eliminating waste, fraud and abuse. We probably ought to throw in something for our soft headed again self congratulatory dumb ass viewers. So that was uncharitable, and I apologize for it. That's what it was.
Speaker 2: I got the thumbs down Friday from a girl in the crosswalk in my university town. I was in my cyberbeast. She's walking in front of me and she looks at me and she gives me the two thumbs down and she walks across. No disapproval. This privileged college girl at an expensive university in an expensive town unhappy with Elon Musk. So yeah, that's what had to do. They had to throw in a little Elon's not perfect. But now back to a very very big important story that everybody should know. A trillion dollars got stolen.
Speaker 3: Right right. I like how they sand I'm sorry, I'm hung up on the cars. I like how the same people who are keying SUVs five years ago are now keying electric vehicles. Just the important part is they're an angry activist and a revolutionary and they're going to fight the power, and it'll be a different.
Speaker 2: Power, completely opposite in five more years.
Speaker 3: Because all I want to do is be angry is self franchus. I can't think I'm stupid.
Speaker 2: I wanted to roll down my window and say. You know, I have no opinion on what you drive your whole life. Whatever you drive doesn't make any difference to me whatsoever. Anyway, Fine, make you right, I tell you what.
Speaker 3: All right, Here's here's a little I had a slice of key lime pie last night, and I love key lime pie. Here's a little dessert for you. Michael, We're going to go up to the rando section. Oh, this is this is great. Here is a dad who does a great Joe Biden and he's literally working on the meat on the grill. This is clip fifteen. Michael and his daughter come up to him and says he does do an impression of Joe Biden.
Speaker 7: Explaining the plot to Star Wars.
Speaker 9: So there's a there's a galicy galaxy park on the side of that. No, no, A long long time ago, back back back when I was working full time. Anyway, I was ahead of the embassy. It doesn't matter. Uh long, far far away. There was galaxy and there were robots, the robuts, they were not the droids.
Speaker 6: You're really good for me.
Speaker 3: Come on, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 4: Jack Armstrong and Joe, The Armstrong and Getty Show, The arm Strong and Geeddy Show.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is gonna be my let me count one hundred and thirty third jihad this topic.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm really gonna have to use AI to schedule it. Uh, you know, rantings and ravings.
Speaker 3: Why did I come across with AI yesterday?
Speaker 2: Something AI that was just phenomenal around video stuff. Again, that's where AI is clearly making a mark. I don't know if it's going to take over the world in a lot of the other ways that they've been claiming, but man, the stuff it can do with video with just you know, a couple of prompts is stunning, mind blowing. So this is getting some mockery. Oh it was good. There's an article in the New York Times, a hot accessory at the intersection of faith and culture seen on influencers, pop stars and White House staff. Cross necklaces are popping up everywhere, and it's getting mockery from the parts of the country where people been wearing cross necklaces forever. Like I think every girl I've ever dated in my life for across necklace at some point. So the idea that the New York Times is acting like this is some interesting intersection of faith and culture that has occurred is just an example of how out of touch they are with the giant chunk of America that, for instance, has voted for Trump twice.
Speaker 3: New York is.
Speaker 2: A fascinating place in so many ways.
Speaker 3: I am pro New York, but New Yorker's self regard has annoyed me since I was eleven years old, right, no kidding. The rest of us are quite happy and fascinated by life, and have many opportunities for art, culture, the outdoors, et cetera. Whatever we prefer. We're fine. We're not lesser being well. Right.
Speaker 2: The thing that annoys me about New York and to a certain extent, LA and lots of big cities really, but in particular New York and LA is the people who live there, their assumption that we all want to be there. We just haven't figured out how to get there yet. We're trying, we just haven't been successful enough to live there, and you know there, And that's fine. I belove New York and Los Angeles, but everybody doesn't want to live there. There are some people, I know.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 2: I was listening to Joonah Goldberg the other day on a podcast, and he grew up on the Upper West Side. You know, right next to Central Park. That's the way he grew up. And he was saying some things that I and he was just so wrong about. I wish I could have had a conversation, like a loving conversation with him, saying, dude, you just and I don't blame you for not knowing you grew up with a completely different lifestyle than I did. But I know plenty of people who might kill themselves if they had to live in New York. They would contemplate suicide if they had to live in New.
Speaker 3: York, right right, I'll and it's universal. I mean, we've talked about this, having moved around the country, Fairmount. You live in Kansas, they talk about how stupid Missourians, sure whatever, And you're in France they say Belgians or morons. Just everybody likes to, you know, say human foible. But I'll never forget. I was having a conversation with a friend in the San Francisco Bay area years ago, and at the conclusion of a long conversation about his brutal commute and it's awful taxes and is incomprehensible mortgage payments and the rest of it. A town outside the Bay area came up, and he was like, oh, poor bastards, right, if only they could live in the Bay Area. I'm like, wow, okay, never mind. Anyway.
Speaker 2: One thing about moving my whole life and then as an adult also is realizing that everybody loves where they're from, and I wish just more people would understand. You like where you're from. That's perfectly fine. You don't need to hate on other places. You like where you're from because it's what you're familiar with, your people, your friends, your stuff.
Speaker 3: That's perfectly all right.
Speaker 2: But you don't have to pretend that you have to hate all the other places.
Speaker 3: But everybody does. It's human nature, apparently, especially because we're all Americans except for legal immigrants.
Speaker 2: You're not get out except.
Speaker 3: Twenty million illegal immigrants.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show, Yea or Jack or Joe podcasts, and our hot links
Speaker 2: And Army dot Com