Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike SEMPERVB.
Speaker 3: When you're ready, When you're ready, let's get it all. How's it going everybody? We are here live on Wrestling Observer Live, Monday, December twenty second, twenty twenty five. This is Filthy Tom Lawler running the show today. We are here seven days a week, every single day, Monday through Friday at noon Pacific three Eastern, Sundays at three Pacific six Eastern with andrews Arian, and Saturday mornings with Jim Valley at Tenday and Pacific one Eastern. As always, after a short or long weekend here on the show, we've got a lot to get into. We had a packed edition of Friday Night SmackDown, which was somehow two hours that was less packed than the aw Collision show on Saturday, and the highlight of the wrestling weekend I thought was the Triple A Guerreras Tetanes show coming to us from Guadalajara, Mexico on Saturday evening. I thought that was a fantastic show. Like I said, the highlight of the weekend. We have cards news coming up for Wrestle Kingdom. We have some news coming from the road to Wressell Kingdom show which took place last night. Of course, Wressell Kingdom going to be the final time we will see haroshet A Hashi, the legend himself in the ring on January fourth, so we've got the full card lineup for that. There is at Monday Night Raw taking place tonight. The show was taped last Friday. We will not give out these spoilers, but I will tell you what you have to look forward to on Raw tonight. We will have full recaps, full full recaps of SmackDown, Collision and as I mentioned, the Triple A show from Saturday night, a little bit of injury news coming out of that to the Triple A Mega Champion, Dominic Masterio and we will get into all of that in the next segment.
Speaker 4: December deal drops at lows or wrapping up, but there's still time to snag something worth bragging about. Get up to forty percent off Select major appliances and members save an additional one hundred dollars on a new and exclusive Samsung French door refrigerator now just eighteen ninety nine. Need new tools, Select tools and accessories are up to forty five percent off this week. Lows we have you saved valid through twelve twenty four while supplies last selection varies by location, loyalty program subject to terms and additions. Seelows dot com slash terms for details.
Speaker 5: So you need less many gifts, no judgment. Get an extra twenty five percent off during Coal's Friends and Family sale and find great gifts under twenty dollars Like something cozy, something thoughtful, something that says you plan this all alone. Yep, you're just one quick trip away from checking off the last gifts on your list. Save now at coalsancoals dot com Select styles offerings December twenty fourth. Some exclusions apply. Sea store coals dot com for details.
Speaker 6: Have you suffered sports betting losses? There is someone who wants to fight for you to see you get back what you have lost those sports betting companies. Michael Watts is a prolific trial lawyer with over eleven billion dollars in total recoveries for his clients, and now with sportsbetting claim dot Com, he'd like to help you. Michael has been a leader in some of the largest and most complex cases in the country, from defective cars and tires to damaging drugs and medical products. He has always represented the rights of individuals harmed by large corporations. His efforts recently resulted in the recovery of billions for individuals who lost their properties to fires carelessly caused by electric companies and others. Michael knows that sports betting companies preyed on and manipulated consumers into losing their life savings, and he wants to make them pay. If you have suffered financial hardship as a result of online sports betting and would like help seeking compensation, please submit your claim information for evaluation at sportsbetting claim dot Com. Michael Watts is focused on winning for you sports Betting Claim dot.
Speaker 7: Keep listening for details on how to get up to three hundred dollars airline credit. Sky Holidays introduces a one of a kind air credit program. Our buying team got a little too aggressive in getting hotel and air deals, so now we have to liquidate our prices here's how whether you want to go to Paris, Las Vegas, London, Atlanta, Hawaii, or anywhere else in the world, we have amazing deals. Book is selected hotel and we'll give you up to three hundred dollars airline credit. Now you can book your vacation and get a free credit to use towards airline travel. We'll book both airline and hotel with one simple phone call. We have access to most airlines and deals are thousands and thousands of places to stay. Call right now, book your hotel rooms, claim your airline credit. You can change or modify it at any time. Eight hundred two five six four eight one six eight hundred two five six four eight one six. That's eight hundred two five six forty eight sixteen.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERDVI on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the second segment of the show. And indeed, I believe we do have Brian Alvarez with us. Brian, can you confirm.
Speaker 1: I can confirm I'm here for the moment.
Speaker 3: Look at that we have a special guest, Curtly in a dispute with Elon Musk, so he may disappear at some point during anytime, but happy to have him while we can, especially after such a packed weekend. You know, usually I look at the lineups and I go, Okay, there's no pay per view this weekend. I'm gonna have time to relax, time to spend outside of wrestling, and then as soon as Friday gets going, it never ends. I spent the whole weekend and this morning watching wrestling. But you know, after watching the wrestler this morning, I'm not even complaining about it. I had a fantastic time watching this Triple A show.
Speaker 1: So you watch you watch Triple A this morning.
Speaker 3: I watched the entire show. Oh, I thought it was the best thing I saw this weekend. I don't think you're gonna disagree with that.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, this was the best show that I've seen in a long time. And the best part about it is my favorite match was the match that I kind of was looking forward to the most, but for completely different reasons. I thought the Wyatts and the Psycho Circus was gonna be the worst match of twenty twenty five. I thought it's just in time for the Awards these guys are gonna go out there, it's gonna be an atrocity instead. It was my favorite match on this show.
Speaker 3: Tom, Hey, I agree with you, and there was a lot that I liked on this show. I mean, hey, as long as we're talking about it, we might as well just get right into this show and we'll cover the other stuff later because kind of the injury news, the big injury news of the weekend is coming out of this show, which happened in the main event to Dominic Mysterio suffered a shoulder injury. I don't believe it's been diagnosed yet, but you could see him favoring it throughout the rest of the matchup. But as somebody who's separated their ac joint probably more than once in the past to me twice, Yeah, that's what it looked like because he was able to continue working. He was taking bumps, but clearly something went wrong in that main event match. That main event match took place in front of thirteen thousand people over thirteen thousand people Arena Guadalajara, so a fantastic crowd. They were going nuts virtually the whole show, virtually the whole three hours. I don't know if they had any dark matches or anything before that. But the crowd was wild the entire time.
Speaker 1: You know, I gotta make one com here. I was actually in the wrong chat. I thought it was in Twitch, but I'm actually in YouTube, which is never It's never a good thing. And this fella here goes I refuse to watch Triple A. I have dignity. Let me tell you something, everybody, let me tell you something. In twenty twenty five, there are so many great wrestlers all over the world. This isn't like you know, when we grew up. Actually to Tom's too young. I mean when I grew up, there was like a lot of really terrible wrestling all over the place. But nowadays there's so many good wrestlers everywhere. If you look at that Triple A card, this is not about dignity. You look at that card and there was only one match that looked like it would be bad, and it wasn't. Every other match, every other match looked like it was gonna be good to great, and they all were.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they all delivered, And the one that you thought was gonna be bad delivered more than the rest of them. But like I mentioned, in the main event, there was an injury to Dominic Mysterios. El Grande Americano and Dominic Mysterio the new Gringos Locos taking on the team of Ray Mysterio and Ray Fennix, and this was a great match. Ray Mysterio turned back the clock. He has looked fantastic in the last couple appearances. He kind of just popped up on Raw and he's back in the main event scene doing great work, and he looked awesome. Here the heels got the heat on Ray Fennix.
Speaker 1: Fifty one years old, coming off a torn groin that kept him out for like eight months, and Ray's back looking awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got he got the hot tag and he looked awesome. As you said. They did a spot where Dominic was going for the three amigos and on the third one he held Ray up and Ray came down and countered it with like a spiking DDT and that's where Dominic looked like you just spiked himself on the shoulder taking the bump. The match kept going on. Finnix locked an octopus on Grande and the ropes Ray hit the six one nine. Grande tried to get the foreign metal object to Dominic to put in his mask, but Penta, who was originally scheduled to be in this matchup teaming with Ray Fennix before he was injured. During the match with Solo Soca, Penta ran down and he stopped El Grande. He kicked Dominic, Ray hit the six to one nine on Dom dropped the dime on him with the splash and pinned his own son the Triple A Mega Champion to win the match. And afterwards, it was kind of bizarre because Grande and Dom, who they've been pushing as this new unit, the new Los Gringos Locos, had words after the match, dom kind of stormed off, and then the crowd was going absolutely crazy for El Grande Americano. He eventually shook hands with Ray Masterio JBL called him a Benedict Arnold, and the crowd went even wilder for Grande, chanting his name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've loved El Grande Americano like he's a heel, but they love him, and so I think they just figured, well, may as well just go babyface with this guy. So, but Los riot Los Americanos, Ryan Bravo, they're still heels. But I think El Grande's gone gun full babyface.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Los Americanos, they were in the opener, which was an all action match from start to finish, double teams, quadruples, team spots, just insane stuff throughout. It was mister Iguana and Nino Nino Ambergasa, which that's a team I would love to wrestle alongside you, Brian, mistery Guana and Nino and Jusa. They took on the LWO Los Americanos Areo and Bravo and Laparka and Octagon Junior all action. As I mentioned, Joaquin Wilde was flying around. Bravo gave Nino Ambergasa a spinning torture rack, which was quite oppressive considering he's half the size Ottogon Junior. Laparca hilt Cruise del Toro with a Spanish fly and then Laparca hit his spinning power slam and got the win, and of course he danced a thriller afterwards, much to the delight of everyone Leo.
Speaker 1: Including including the special Laparca guest sitting there in the front row with his young child. Canelo Alvarez was in the show dressed like Laparca and uh, I don't know if the announcmers reclue in because they completely flipped their lids when when Canelo unmasked and the fans went crazy because he's from Guadalajari's like a local hero and he's just like a you know, a he's a legend, legend, but I mean he's he's like a legend. But also it's like we if the show was in Bothel and I showed up, he's a legend, but also specifically in that particular area. Man, they went crazy for that guy and he showed up at the end of the show as well. So what a week for legendary boxers.
Speaker 8: This was.
Speaker 3: Oh boy. We could get into that later if you want as well. We had a I can't I he adell Doctor Wagner Junior, I believe taking on Ethan Page. These two went right after each other. They've been feuding back and forth between NXT Triple A for months now. Eventually, Paige put a wrench in his trunks, but he grabbed the title belt. The referee Toronts, took the belt from him. Page hit Wagner in the stomach with the wrench and pinned him with the tights to win the title from Doctor Wagner, or so we thought. Instead, mister Iguana ran down and ratted him out. He told the ref Torontus what happened. The referee started the match. Wagner hit the Wagner Driver immediately to win and retain the title.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I realize they got to change some things, and I'm not really a fan of the heel ref gimmick anyway, but I gotta say pretty disappointed that Illejo de Torontes is just like a normal babyface for right now, after all those years of him and his father being the diabolical heels, it would do nothing but screw the baby faces right and left. Now he's just a guy.
Speaker 3: Say he should have he should have not cared at all about this, and.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't have happen. You know, you're gonna let some lizard tell you what to do.
Speaker 3: The next match. I'm actually gonna skip over because we're running up on short time here, and I think that that Psycho Circus and Wyatt's match the Leaves deserves a more time. So we had Laredo Kid defend the Triple A Cruiserweight title against Javon Evans and Jack cart Wheel. Holly smokes about three minutes in JBL is like I've seen twenty moves I've never seen before, and that did not stop. Eventually, Laredo Kid retained the title with a Moon Salt German suplex on Jack Cartwheel half and half German. Unbelievable, much like the rest of the show was. And we will get into it after the break.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper Beebe on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Wrestling Observer Live back with you on the air Filthy Tom Lawler along with his sidekick Brian Alvarez. We were talking about the triple A Guerreris d Tetana.
Speaker 1: Show, Gara, Are you sure, yes, I'm positive.
Speaker 3: Okay, But we had not gotten to the most important match of that show of the century.
Speaker 1: This should have been on Netflix on Friday night instead of that logan that.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what in that fight, the logan Paul uh Jake Paul Anthony Joshua fight. I we did indeed get exactly what we were going to get, what we were presented. We were not sold a false bill of goods. No, this match. Actually, I think we were sold a false Bill of Goods because I did not expect this. I did not expect what we got out of the WYAT six against the Psycho Circus. I was so confused going into this because earlier in the week they had announced this was for the WWE Tag titles.
Speaker 1: Oh they did. They changed it.
Speaker 3: They did, and they had all the guys listed they.
Speaker 1: Had Okay, so I wasn't crazy.
Speaker 3: No, they they they had announced that, and they had all all eight guys on the poster, and I was like, is this going to be for the belts or two of each team gonna battle it out?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, they've They've done this a few times because at the last at the last Saturday Nights Made event, the Javon Leon Slater match was originally gonna be for the tag team titles, and then for some reason they just changed it. And then here I thought it was a tag team match. I thought it was gonna be like Psycho Clown and Pagano against Joe Gacy and Loomis Dexter Loomis. But then all all of these guys came out and so we actually got to see on a show promoted by w W and TKO Murder Clown on the show, Dave the clown on the show. Every one of these clowns participated in this match.
Speaker 3: Oh boy did they ever? This was right up my alley. Like the Psycho Circus doesn't show up for the match, and Wyatt Six are so angry. They stormed to the back where the Psycho Circus has this elaborate funhouse setup. Like the Wyatt Six are even They are kind of like destrang They're trying to figure out what is going on here. They're in the back. Psycho clown lures them into an attack in a ball pit, and then it just brings down. Mascarita Segrata pops up. He's attacking the Wyatts with a kendo stick. Corey calls this match bizarre and JBL rightfully corrects me. He says, look, if it was more normal, that would be bizarre. They grab a hold Rowan, Does I say they? Rowan grabs a hold of pegano? The vintner, yes, the wine expert himself, yes, grabs a hold of pegano and power bombs him. They said twelve feet down I would I would agree probably at least twelve feet down through funhouse tables.
Speaker 1: This all this set up, I don't even know any power bombed him off of he was just on something and Pecana went really far down and then they were like, well, that's it for that guy. He ain't coming back. He's dead.
Speaker 3: They're selling it that that is the end of the hardcore legend. Pegano Pogano is now being billed as the hardcore legend, and why why not? Then Joe Gacy gets kissed by the exotico Pipinella Escarlatta, which you want to talk about seeing something on a TKO promoted show in twenty twenty five. This seems out of place, but hey, we got Pimpy still showing up. She kisses Joe Gasey and then the action goes to the ring side as they brawl down the ramp. The Wyatts isolated the leader Psycho Clown. However, the gigantic murder Clown comes back saves him. You know when you say the name murder clown.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you think I love saying it.
Speaker 3: How could somebody possibly encapsulate that? That is? That's like a lot to put on somebody, you know what I mean, that's a lot of pressure. You're a clown and you're a murderer. Clown. This guy like, is murder clown.
Speaker 1: That's not even my favorite. You've got Pagano's whose gimmick is he's a pagan, hence Pegano. You've got. You've got murder clown, who's a murderer, the murder clown. You've got psycho clown whose psycho he rips his own face off. And then of course you've got Dave, Dave the clown. Dave, Yeah, perhaps was sew a fat and he did a dive in this match. Everybody did a dive.
Speaker 3: Murder didn't dive off the post to the door. I couldn't believe Dave the clown doing that topey and then murder clown scales to the top and dives onto everybody on the floor. Tom he didn't.
Speaker 1: Everybody rose, only one.
Speaker 3: Die cut that guy off the top, murder clown. He's like, I don't know how tall he is. Can you look up the stats on this guy? Is he like six feet tall a seven ft wide?
Speaker 1: I doubt he's all that tall. He just looks tall because everyone else is short.
Speaker 3: He didn't look too short in there with the Vintnor, but he looked like he may have been. He had more with than ever row ahead height Uh Pegano runs down, he makes his comeback, wipes out the Wyatts with the kendo sticks. That's murder.
Speaker 1: Murder, by the way, is the big fat one not not not Dave, Dave's Dave's husky.
Speaker 3: But he should have been doing a tope ay conhilo through the second rope or whatever he did. Psycho Clown then proceeded to rip off his own face. Loomis no sould it and tried to cut him off, but that didn't work. Psycho Clown lifted him up, put him through a table, and pinned him. This was awesome, what an act. This is the best the Wyats have ever looked. This is probably the best the Psycho Circus has ever looked.
Speaker 1: Oh I've never seen a better match.
Speaker 3: But like, all they're gonna do is bring this to the states, bring this few to the states. Right now they're doing uh the Wyatts and the MFTs, but let's be real, come on, the MFTs they have their own aura, but they are not the Psycho Circus. We need to get the Psycho Circus in there in that SmackDown multiman division. Can you imagine Psycho Circus against Phraxium and the MotorCity machine Guns or Psycho Circus, the m Psycho Circus versus the Vision.
Speaker 1: No. I only want to see the Psycho Circus against other teams that are horrible and then like it's like reverse synergy. You take two horrible teams and you put them together and they magically have an incredible match. I gave this a billion stars, and after after two days of thinking about it, I would not change that.
Speaker 3: Love it. You may have gone too low.
Speaker 1: Loved this match. I had more fun watching that match than I had watching that Javon three way, which was a legitimate which was a legitimate four and a half star match. Easy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was That was a great match they did. They did so much stuff of that match that I had never seen before.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this guy here the YouTube chat has redeemed themselves. Stu here said, how about the Clowns against Dark States?
Speaker 3: Oh please please give it to us. Yes, that is exactly what.
Speaker 1: I that's I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 3: I don't want that, I need it.
Speaker 1: Come on the butt Guy against Murder Clown.
Speaker 3: Anyways, Los Toxicis took on an Italian Lulla Ice and Fabi Apachi. This was good too.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: Fabia a Pachi won the match with a Dragon suplex on Lahedra and her team got the win. Dragon Lee took on Elvi Kingo and uh the crowd hates Elvi Kingo. Man, Well, it may have been a bad finish if if you don't like the guy that came out, because a lot of people were huge, huge fans of the huge, huge man that gave Vikingo the win, and that was Oh Moss, the man who won.
Speaker 1: The big not even want dude. It was just like, God, what a bad finish. He just comes out and there's a ref bump and then a guy hits his move and there's no rep I mean, it was like straight out of nineteen eighty five, just the most generic run in ref bump and then poor Dragon Lee gets hit with that uh whatever that is this the Actually he went for the six thirty, but he actually hit a four to fifty and then Omas has to go get the referee and so like he took so long that I went back and I started my timer. Dragonly had to lay on his back being covered for twenty five seconds. Remember when like it was was it Vam Bam Bigelow that did the five count, and then I think Big Eie did it for a while, and it's like, man, you know you really got beat up bat if you're down for five seconds, four guys down for twenty five seconds before the referee returned to count brutal.
Speaker 3: Well, he did get low blowed and then hit with legitimate This is the biggest last ride that's ever been done on planet Earth. Like he lifted him up. It was like one of those rides where you shoot up real fast and then shoot back down. That's exactly what Omas did killed dragonly, So I don't have too much problem with him staying down. But Dorio and Rodan then came out and revealed he is the one behind Vikingo and Omas. So Corey signed off on this show by saying, twenty twenty six will be long to Luca lebra and if you watch this show and great we sid CMLL, you'd be hard press to disagree. And I'd be totally, completely, one hundred percent fine with that. The show had pretty much everything, So go out of your way, I would say, go out of your way to watch this two hour, forty five minute wrestling show.
Speaker 1: This was this was I thought this was like one of those old NXT payd pviews, you know, back when Triple H was booking and it was just like five fantastic matches. This was This was like that, but also wild matches that you would not have seen on an old NXT show. This was like that.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: That Psycho Circus match was like a UFC one fight. Loved it.
Speaker 3: All right, We'll be back with more after the break.
Speaker 10: No Progressive teen driver discount could lower the cost of insurance for your teenager and save you some money, and then you can still spend money on them, because just when you think you have a grasp on spending new sneakers, and then it's money for a school field trip and of course spending money Oh yeah, and a new phone to replace the one they dropped in a toilet.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't remind me.
Speaker 10: So just get Progressive team driver discount and then you can continue to spend money on them endlessly. Or guess the casualty insurance company affiliate say come not available in all says, something can turns and conditions.
Speaker 7: Do you have a book, get it out of your mind and make it a real book, whether a free guide to book publishing, trying to publish a book yourself can be complicated. It takes a lot of time, time that you could spend writing your book or even more books. Do what you do best. We can do the rest. Thousands of authors across the nation have trusted our book publishing service. We have the connections to help you get your book printed, distributed and sold on Amazon, Apple Books, Barnes and Noble and bookstores nationwide. We can do it faster than you can on your own. Get your free guide to publishing. It's a free phone call. Remember, make this free call right now and learn how to turn your book into something real that people can buy. Get your free writers got call right now. Eight hundred four eight two eight three nine nine. Eight hundred four eight two eight three nine nine eight hundred four eight two eight three nine nine. That's eight hundred four eight two eighty three ninety nine.
Speaker 9: Five thousand dollars. That's the average amount of money people in the US are now spending on gas in a year, five grand. That's crazy. If you drive, you have to download Upside, the free app that gives you cash back every time you get gas. That's right. You can earn real cash back with Upside, just by buying the gas you're already buying. You can literally start earning cash back today.
Speaker 8: I use Upside every time I fill up, and I've already made around to three hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: You're putting gas in your car anyway, why not get real cash back. If you like free money, download Upside.
Speaker 10: I'm saving the cash iron from using Upside to help pay for a vacation later this year.
Speaker 9: Download the free Upside app now to earn cash back every time you buy gas. Use promo code Royal twenty five to get an x stra twenty five cents per gallon on your first tank. You can cash out any time, write your bank, PayPal, or a gift card for Amazon and other brands. Just download the free Upside app and use promo code Royal twenty five for a twenty five cents per gallon bonus on your first tank. That's code Royal twenty five for a twenty five cents per gallon bonus.
Speaker 8: Progressive presents advice on new team drivers.
Speaker 11: You know, the hardest part about teaching your team to drive is the chafing from the seatbelt, But the best part is to the grip strainers you build in your knuckles.
Speaker 3: Okay now, let's pull out of the driveway.
Speaker 8: Here's another tip. Offset a chunk of the cost of adding a team to your insurance with Progressives Team driver discount and get a break from the brake. Progressive Casual Team turned company and Appeliate's not available in all states or situations.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Wrestling Observer Live back here with Filthy Tom Lawler and Brian Alvarez on the penn ultimate segment of the show. So far, we have pretty much only covered the triple A. Guerra's Guerra's Guera's a local Mexican native, Yeah, Mexican heritage.
Speaker 1: Half Mexican.
Speaker 3: Okay, there we go. Luckily we have you here to correct me. Yes, a little bit of news that we could get into here and some some lineups ahead of Christmas week before we get into uh collision and SmackDown.
Speaker 1: How about the fact that Dynamite this Wednesday is another extended show two and a half hours on Wednesday, is it now? Yeah? He can't help himself.
Speaker 3: Look at that. We are gonna get two and a half hour filled with Ricochet versus Bandido for the Dynamite Diamond Ring by virtue of being the two last men standing in last week's qualification Dynamite Diamond Ring Battle Royal, we will have Pac versus Jack Perry. In the Continental Classic Gold League, Kenoski Takesha, the IWGP Heavyweight Champion, will take on Orange Cassidy and the Continental Classic Gold League as well, and Roger Strong will take on Mascara Derada in I believe that's a Blue League match. I'm sorry, and roder Strong and Mescar Derata also in the Continental Classic Blue League, Mina shir Kaala will take on Marina Shaffir and MJF will also be in action. That is on Wednesday at an earlier start time six pm Eastern three pm Pacific, the same start time for Christmas Collision, which will take place the next day. Both those shows were taped over the weekend at the Hammerstein Ball So tune in Wednesday and Thursday six pm Eastern at three pm Pacific.
Speaker 1: You know, I realized this is the Continental Classic season, and I do like Continental Classic season at the end of the year. You know, this is the time of year where there's compared to everything else. Not a lot going on, even though there is a lot going on every day. But I think that next year he needs to figure out a way to not have the final, the semifinals, like the most important matches taking place on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, because my guess is these shows are going to die.
Speaker 3: The semi finals matches are not on Christmas. Even Christmas Day matches are a world's end.
Speaker 1: The last two are of the pay per view, but like the important matches to determine, like who is number one in the block, who is number two? What are the matches going to be on pay per view? These are the biggest matches in the tournament, and they're taking place on the two least watch shows of the year pretty much every year.
Speaker 3: And I've read the spoilers, and this is a case in which, like I'm more intrigued after finding out the four participants in the semi finals than I am, you know otherwise. So it's like this is this would be a perfect opportunity to get more more eyes on these shows. But yeah, it's gonna be tough tough to draw on those on Christmas even Christmas Day. A little bit of news in the world of New Japan. We have Andra de Ledelo being revealed as the new business backer of the United Empire. He will be on the Wrestle Kingdom Show on January fourth. Brian, what's going on here?
Speaker 1: Well, everyone's been asking and I don't know. But Tony Kahan did a call today, one of his usual media calls, and he was asked about on raw DA and his answer was the usual answer, which is stay tuned a W dynamite. So he didn't really have an answer, but it's obviously, Uh, he's working Puerto Rico, he's working House of Glory, and now he's working New Japan. So I would suspect. I mean, this is obviously the case. They're allowing him to work outside of the US. I don't know if he's been clear to work everywhere. We might find out here very soon. Maybe he'll show up with the pay per view. I wouldn't be surprised if, because they haven't gone to court, they were negotiating something. I would not be surprised if they negotiated something where you can work anywhere you want except AEW during this one year whatever. Because he did sign the contract. The clause is in the contract. You know whether it would hold up in quart or not is another matter entirely. I don't think he wants to go to court because you're gonna go to court with TKO and it's gonna cost an incredible amount of money. So he may have just done a deal where they made an agreement that you can't go to aw you can't go to wherever. But if you want to work New Japan, INDI's Mexico, Puerto Rico, go for it.
Speaker 3: It ain't that hard to beat tk O in court. I did it.
Speaker 1: You know how long it took for you to beat TK in court and that wu the money that costs.
Speaker 3: I also did virtually nothing, yes, actually absolutely nothing besides provide my information anyways. In other news, ahead of Wressell Kingdom LP, his TV title Open Challenge has already been accepted for Wressell Kingdom as today, after he defeated Tagucci to retain his title, Santa Claus showed up with a present gave it to him. It was a picture of DDT's Chris Brooks. Chris Brooks then attacked LP. He attacked Santa He attacked Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. He will be.
Speaker 1: Stagan to deliver presence without Rudolph. These are serious questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And in his second last match, Tanahashi defeated kose Fujita with two high fly flows ahead of his main event in front of fifty thousand fans against Kazuchika Okada at the Tokyo Dome.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna win this match?
Speaker 3: Tom Okada? I think so, I do believe so, yes, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jeremy Finestone sent me the stats on Tanahashi and with the exception of he did a job for utoh Ice and I think he did one other job as well, But other than that, through like the entire World Tag League, all of his other matches he's had, he has only done two jobs where he has actually took in the pinfall in the last two months, long before Okada was even announced as his opponent. So this is not like a John Cena thing where he's like putting people over on the way out. And you got to remember other guys in New Japan, like who did Okada put over on the way out and he was actually leaving the company to go to like another company.
Speaker 3: He actively put no one over but himself. Yes, it's like Japan and Noah, the idea companies that beat their aces.
Speaker 1: Yes, so like the idea that he can't win or like they don't do this or whatever. Dude, that's what New Japan does when guys are on the way out, is they win. So I would not be the least bit surprised if you won that last match.
Speaker 3: Well, let's get into uh I disagree, but let's get to a few of the highlights from the shows this weekend. Was there anything that stood out to you from SmackDown? Besides of course whatever Ilia dragonof did with Carmelo Hayes against diy.
Speaker 1: That was the most nothing happened in show, just like nothing happened on it. It was like it was like a holiday show, like we show up, we do some stuff. If it felt like remember when it sucked when it was three hours long.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, and then it's about to be three hours long.
Speaker 1: Well, and then it moved back to two hours and it and we thought it was gonna immediately be better, but it still sucked for like a few months, and then for like two months it got kind of pretty good. The last two months or so, well, now it's starting to suck again. So I think they're getting ready for that three hours. I think they're gonna bring up some people from NXT, but my god, this show is just nothing happened on this show.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, Damian Priest and Alistair Black are still feuding.
Speaker 1: They're still fler.
Speaker 3: Black laid Damian Priest out after they did an opening segment in front of the crowd. The Kabooki Warriors looked like total losers against Naya Jackson Lash Legend. They got beat up, they lost. They are the tag champions. Yeah, that's they were pinned. They were pinned and thrown away like nothing. And then Charlotte and Alexa ran down, ran off Naya and Lash and then held the belts up like you why would you think that the kabok Warriors said any chance of retaining these titles against any of these teams after this.
Speaker 1: I watched that match, I watched the aftermath, I listened to the commentators, I watched the interviews before and after, and it was all of a sudden At one point, I just realized, oh my god, the Kabuki Warriors are the tag team champions, like they lost this match, and the announcers did not even make a mention of the fact that they just beat the tag team champions. They didn't mention they.
Speaker 3: Should be, didn't make a big enough kill about it.
Speaker 1: No, it was like nothing. It was just like another match on the show, and like, apparently the Kabuki Warriors are babyfaces. Now I missed that babyface turn, but I mean Oscar did a total babyface comeback. Hyrie's working babyface and Peril. I mean it was weird, dude, Like every match on the show was heel versus heel, except now the heels were like babyfaces.
Speaker 3: Well, Elli, you're dragging off at Carmelo Hayes or baby faces.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was the one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they are kind of feuding because they're well they are they are feuding.
Speaker 1: They are few and their two baby faces feuding with each other. And then we had two women's matches that were healed versus heel, and then the main event. I think the Wyats are actually supposed to be heels.
Speaker 3: No, the Wyatts are babyfaces? Are you sure?
Speaker 1: Because we start remember we were watching this show and they were like cutting promos on baby faces and healed promos, and we were like, I think they're actually heels.
Speaker 3: No, I think they're their heels in Triple Are it doesn't matter. And actually after that last match, their baby Faces and Triple A if you ask me, too so. But they defended the tag titles against jac Matteo and Tongala and it had the dirt worst finish ever, made me so angry. They just all started brawling. Everybody got involved and they just brawled. They brawled forever. The brawling was good, the finish to the match was horrific. And that that was SmackDown. Well, no, that was not SmackDown because we also had Cody roads breaking entering it. Drew Backatire's house, the world champion, Yes, broke into his house.
Speaker 1: Well, this was revenge for when Drew McIntyre broke into his bus or whatever. Which either way, did we miss an episode of SmackDown, because they keep talking about how Drew broke into Cody's bus or whatever. I don't remember seeing this anywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he missed a show. He broke into his bus and beat him up and left him laying But you would be hard remiss to remember it because Cody was back later in the show beating Drew up. That's when he laid him out and cut the promo on top of the table. That was awesome. I think I might where he said war Games was his birthright. Yeah, I may have been a fantastic promo. And we had aw Collision.
Speaker 1: Which imagine that being your birthright war Games.
Speaker 3: I mean mine is like shoeing horses, So I mean maybe I'd take war Games. Uh, Collision. I thought Collision was great too because it was only an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't. I didn't think it was a great show. I thought it was a kind of above average. But I wasn't blown away by either of the Cunninal Classic matches I thought.
Speaker 3: I thought Kevin Knight and Kazutrica Ocada was good, but it was a bizarre match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because o'cada was like doing the most lazy I mean, Kyle Lee.
Speaker 3: They just went fifty to fifty and then Kevin Knight kept countering the rain Maker. Okada hit to catch it as wheel barrow German, which they didn't really even talk about on commentary, but he hit that right before he went to the rain Maker and then was countered and pinned by Kevin Knight in the biggest win of his life.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 3: And yeah, like Speedball and jungle Jack, Perry was good, but the crowd liked both guys that it just never hit second gear. You know, the crowd was into the moves, but just.
Speaker 1: Because everybody was waiting for Speedball to make a comeback, and he just kept getting cut off and cut off and cut off and cut off and cut and then he was pinned.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Eddie Kingston squashed Nathan Cruz. And actually, what I thought was the best thing on the show was Mercedes Manet defending the Undisputed RevPro Women's title against Alex Windsor, and they wed kind of like fifty to fifty. They traded submission holds. Windsor hit a blue thunder bomb off the second almost got the win. Mercedes hit the backstabber locked on the cross face, but Windsor reversed it, and they went through a series of reversals that culminated in Alex Windsor trapping the arm, sticking Mercedes to her back, getting the three count, and we have a new Undisputed RevPro Women's title. Mercedes Manet has lost another one of her belts and cried in despair, much like we will do when we come back. In the final segment.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 3: Back here on Wrestling Observer Live for the final segment of the show. So sad to be leaving you guys only after an hour here with you today, But we must move on a little bit of clarification there right when we went to commercial. Producer Dom gave me a little heads up there as I was talking about Mercedes Monette losing her titles. Dom, are you there? Can you tell the people what you told me? I am yeah.
Speaker 1: You said she lost another one of her belts, and I corrected you. She lost one title, but two belts.
Speaker 3: One title but two belts of course, the undisputed rev Pro Woman's title and I believe the Queen of Southside Wrestling title. Those two are one championship represented by two belts which now are in possession of Alex Windsor So. As I said, you know, coming to a close today, we must move on. But before we get to the show tomorrow, there will be Monday Night Raw taking place tonight. This was filmed recorded taped last Friday along with SmackDown, which I believe was live, and then they will be doing a taping. I believe they've already taped the show for this Friday, but it could be wrong. Raw Tonight we'll have Riha Ripley taking on Osaka, so we will find out what corner Osca stands in if she is indeed back to being a babyface. Javan Evans takes on Reo Americano Bailey against Roxane Perez, and you will also see Austin Thurrey and Bronson Reed taking on CM Punk and ray mystereo. Tune in to Netflix if you want to watch that, and tune in to all the normal channels. It's byline Armed Forces Network anywhere you could find Wrestling Observer Live on your podcasts or audio devices. Thanks for listening and we will be back with you tomorrow and every other day until the end of planet Earth. Take care, stay filthy.
Speaker 1: You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network