Speaker 1: First date of follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 2: Ryan is on the phone today for a first date follow up and he's getting ghosted by Ella. So in a few minutes we'll call her see if you tell us why she's ghosting and maybe get him another date the first Ryan, how long has it been since you heard from Ella?
Speaker 3: It's been It's just been a few days. But you know, it was such an instinct connection. I'm really baffled.
Speaker 4: What was your last interaction?
Speaker 3: Like, well, we I mean initially we were just you know, texting over Bumble the dating app, and but but we we did go out. We went on a We went on a first date to a nice restaurant, and I don't think it could have gone any better.
Speaker 4: Really, Okay, we'll tell us about the date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we we went to an Italian place. We were both both pasta lovers, and we were just laughing, drinking. We bonded over the fact that we're both newly divorced and still new to the dating world. Everything's changed a lot. And she she told me she wanted to start a family, and I told her, I, actually I'm already at Dad, and she took that she was just like in she was. She wanted to see pictures of my son and wanted to hear stories. It was an incredible conversation. After you know, the check came and everything, and she didn't want it to or we didn't want it to end, I guess. So we went to the bar to you know, to have a little coffee and just keep chatting. And you know, we both had to get up the next morning and work, so we made plans to meet up again. I thought we could go on a bike ride, and she was into that idea and said we you know, I text her the next day, and I mean I thought that second day was going to.
Speaker 4: Happen for sure.
Speaker 1: So you guys basically made plans for a second date and just never happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I haven't.
Speaker 3: She didn't respond back ever.
Speaker 2: Then anything awkward at all happened on the date. Any reason you can think of that you're getting ghosted.
Speaker 3: I mean, like the one there's one thing where I'm like, I guess I could have This might have been a dumb thing to say. When we switched from our you know, our dinner table to the bar. The bartender came up to us and he asked if me and my wife, you know, wanted what we wanted to drink? And I didn't correct him. I said, oh, you know, I thought it was kind of cute. I thought, actually, my wife and I were just going to have an express so and she laughed too, and you know, I I thought, okay, sweet, like she gets my sense of humor and everything. And I went to the bathroom. I came back, but she was if something happened. I don't know, she maybe had time to think about it, or I offended her, you know. When I got back, she seemed kind of anxious to leave, a little antsy, and we just, you know, hugged good bye, kissed her on the cheek, and I don't I guess. I guess I put my foot in my mouth there.
Speaker 4: Maybe if she laughed about it.
Speaker 1: However, I could see if you're somebody that's freshly divorced and not being a wife anymore, and then even to be joked, like even if it's just joking, that's a title that you gave up, and then to be like, ah, my wife, maybe it just kind of put her in her feels, maybe had nothing to do with you at all. It just kind of put her in her feels or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Yeah, that's tough. Have you reached out to her then? Since?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the next day I texted about, you know, the bike ride. I had found some different you know, trails we could try out and see what would work for her, And you know, I didn't hear anything back, and I figured, you know, I don't know, if she's busy or whatever, I'd just give it a little little space. I texted, you know again the next day and yeah, just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, well we'll see if we can figure it out for you.
Speaker 2: Then we'll play a song come back, and then call her in steef ttels why she's ghosting you, and maybe get you another date.
Speaker 4: Okay, that'd be great. Yeah, all right, well.
Speaker 2: Pla us on come back, get your first day follow up next. Right in the middle of the first day follow up and if you're just joining us, Ryan is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Ella. So we're about to call her stiftels why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But before we do that, Ryan, why don't you refresh our memory on your date with Ella?
Speaker 3: Yeah. We went out to dinner Italian restaurant. We had a great time. She loved the fact that I'm a dad and she's she's divorced too, and you know, but still wants to have a family. We had coffee at the bar after dinner, and I referred to as my wife as a joke, and then the vibe changed.
Speaker 2: It's sacrifice tough when something like that happens off somewhere, you're on a date and someone calls them your girlfriend, because you don't want to be like, yeah, they are, but you also want to be like whoa, no way, don't even say that far the other way, like I would never all right, well that would be Wait you ready for us to call her?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Please?
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go. I may I speak to Ella? Please? Ella?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 2: My name is Jewbel. I'm calling from a radio show called the Jewbil Show.
Speaker 4: Hi. Ella, I mean I'm here too.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm okay?
Speaker 4: How are you good? Do you ever listen to the show at all? Uh? Not really? Okay?
Speaker 2: Well, maybe do that from time to time to be cool, but also no pressure if you haven't.
Speaker 4: We do a segment on our show. It's called the first date follow up.
Speaker 2: That's where if you go out on a date with somebody and then end up ghosting them, that person can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. So, oh my gosh, we got an email about you.
Speaker 4: You're kidding, No, I'm not. Do you know who would email us? I have an idea you want to take a guess?
Speaker 5: Is it Ryan?
Speaker 4: Yes? It is Ryan. Hilarious emailed us. We talked to him. He told us about your date.
Speaker 2: He said he really liked you a lot, but he doesn't know why you're ghosting him, and would you mind telling us?
Speaker 5: Oh, I feel really awkward about this. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is the same space, though, I swear.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean I thought he was great. We had a great time. It was very sparky. I mean, I don't know how much he told you, But so I'm recently divorced and we were having a great night. And I guess what, I'm honest, Like, I got on Instagram while he was in the bathroom and I saw a picture of my ex with his new girlfriend. Oh, and I guess I just got kind of in my feels about it. And I feel like maybe my mood kind of wrecked the night. It kind of just made me realize, like, oh, maybe I'm not as ready as I thought I was. I should have handled those very differently, but I don't know. I'm kind of new at this and thought run away.
Speaker 1: Your instincts are to run. I mean, yeah, that's hard. That's a lot to process all at the same time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I feel bad. He seems like a nice guy. I mean, we really did hit it off.
Speaker 2: So you're ghosting him because you saw a picture of your X with somebody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I'm ghostuming because I think I'm like, oh god, am I actually ready to be jumping back out there? If this silly picture threw me off so hard?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I mean, whether you're ready or not.
Speaker 1: I think those types of pictures throw anybody off their game, Like, even if you were already moved on in another relationship, seeing it for the first time, I would imagine it's so kind of shocking.
Speaker 4: No, like, jobble, don't you feel that way? No, I never care. Oh, okay, I'm glad. Usually okay, I'm like, good they've moved on.
Speaker 1: Well, I understand, and I feel the same way. But what I'm saying is maybe that doesn't mean you're not ready, It's just that you needed to rip the band aid off.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, maybe. I mean the phone was taken by a friend of ours who so like she's meeting our old friends. Like, I don't know, he just threw me, Okay, it wasn't fair to Ryan.
Speaker 2: Well you can say that to Ryan if you want to, because he's actually on the phone listening and wants.
Speaker 4: To talk to you.
Speaker 5: God embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Sure, Hey, hey, Ella, I I uh, I don't care. I mean, I totally get it that you were you were caught off guard, and uh, I don't think it ruined the night at all. I'm relieved.
Speaker 5: Frankly, I'm sorry that was not the most mature way to handle that. I did not mean to make your or feel bad. I know you're kind of in the same position.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean, I I totally I understand where you're coming from. And you know, I mean, if we if we were able to like hang out again, like you, you'd be welcome to, you know, talk about this type of stuff, like we can totally talk it out.
Speaker 2: Really well, Ella, would you like to go out with Ryan again on another date. We'll pay for it, I mean, yeah, I'd love to.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 4: Got another date.
Speaker 3: Yay, we can still do the bike ride and then we'll we'll go to another.
Speaker 4: Restaurant, the spot Pictures.
Speaker 5: Or Not
Speaker 4: Juble's first date follow up