Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: What are the top performing tech stocks in the first half of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 4: I've been waiting for this all week, So the first half of the year things have done pretty well.
Speaker 5: In video of one hundred and ninety percent.
Speaker 4: Yes, Mark Zuckerberg put on he took out forty five, he put back on his twenty three jersey. Been in the zone. I can't lie. Matters up one hundred and thirty eight percent. Telsa's up one hundred and thirteen percent. Troy, you talked about this one being a stock of the year. Amazon is up fifty five percent, Apple is up fifty Netflix is up forty nine, Microsoft is up forty three and Google is up thirty six percent for the year as well.
Speaker 5: So the big message I want to give is, even.
Speaker 4: Though there's a lot of discussion week to week, day to day on the news outlets about what companies matter, it's the same five to eight companies that matter the most, and the ones the people that held the most are the ones who end up getting the biggest gains in video is one that I was screaming about all last year on top of this year. So for those of you who are still in it, I'm very proud of you. But I think the lesson here is not to try and sect or rotate or chase the news that you may see on CNBC and just to focus on the ones that are producing quality games and that has an edge in this new generation. Like the old tech model is over, the social media model is dead, and of course with the innovation of AI and video, AMD are going to be some major players. But if you miss out on those apples still printing fifty two per Microsoft is up forty three, Meta has done incredibly well, and of course Bitcoin has made a great surge as well. I don't know if you want to classify that as tech, but bitcoin has had a hell of a return this year.
Speaker 5: I got I'm gonna run down some more tech, right.
Speaker 6: Those are those are the major players, but there's there's some other ones inside of tech that are having incredible years. Let's start with cybersecurity power Alco up eighty three, semi conductors, AMD up seventy six percent, Salesforce up sixty percent, Broadcom up fifty five percent, four Inite up fifty four percent, LAMB Research up fifty three percent, on semi conductor up fifty one percent. We're talking about real numbers, right, and so like, even if you weren't inside of the.
Speaker 5: Big core five or six, there was still.
Speaker 6: Games and we'll talk about another one later on tonight, that there's still opportunities for games. Right, when we talk about technology and we talk about SEMIS, I mean we've covered it extensively and we will continue to there's places inside there. There doesn't have to be a sector rotation. Every time that you hear that on the news, like, stick to your script, stick to your plan, and stick to the things you know.
Speaker 4: Stick to the power systems. They were up fifty percent. Like Carnival Cruise longs.
Speaker 5: You can bring them up. I'm still not a fan of them, but you can't deny the games.
Speaker 4: They've been up. I think almost ninety percent. This year was a rebound year. The interesting part is while all of those are up, the Dow is up three percent for the year, right, unbelievable. So like at the top of your I was saying.
Speaker 5: That we were going to be flat.
Speaker 4: That was relatively flat. The S and P has not moved that much. Outside of those eight the SFP's up fourteen percent. Yeah, I think it'll pull back maybe August, so not a lot. But it's really interesting that the Dow has not moved. But that's because of the waiting how the Dow is constructed that they haven't had more gains, And I think at some point that needs to change.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then we got we got nastak. I think up at twenty seven percent.
Speaker 4: It's cooking, yeah, two index, no stress.
Speaker 5: Yeah, think about that though.
Speaker 6: Right like last year, at this time, we were looking at the nastack down thirty percent.
Speaker 5: And so that's when we talk.
Speaker 6: About being in the game and thinking from a long term perspective from investing.
Speaker 7: This is what we're talking about.
Speaker 6: In one year, you watch something be down thirty percent and now come back a year later it's twenty seven percent, but you know, good signs of showing that there's still more growth to happen, Which was the.
Speaker 5: Ideal time to buy?
Speaker 4: Like if the SMP is down like fourteen to twenty percent, and now's that because down like twenty five percent, that's really an ideal time to buy.
Speaker 5: And that's why I always tell everyone who's listening, like, don't.
Speaker 4: Get dissuaded by the news to not invest, Like when things are at its worst and you're hearing all the negative news, that's an ideal time to buy. Like, and most importantly, it's just consistently buying and blocking out the noise is more key than anything, because I hate when people are incredibly optimistic to buy at the top of the market, and I'm like, that's not the time to buy.
Speaker 5: Last year was the time to like load the boat. We're in a.
Speaker 4: Cycle of acquisition and now that you know, AI has become like the new NFT or new crypto rally as a result, the market's want up and hell of a lot. So. But the biggest lesson I want everyone to take away from this is pick four that you love, hold on to them for their life, and pour money into them every month.
Speaker 5: Do it, put it, put it in chat. Investment is easy.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, if anybody remembers, I'll go back to this again.
Speaker 7: The presidential cycle.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Remember we spoke about this. We spoke about this. We spoke about like three different times. Put yes in chat. If you remember when we spoke about the presidential.
Speaker 5: Copyright ahead.
Speaker 4: Drip report by Dunlap coming something.
Speaker 7: So you know, we spoke about this.
Speaker 3: And it's crazy because during the historical information for the presidential cycles, the second year is usually the worst for stock market, the second year of a presidency, the third, the third year is the best, and then it kind of cools off a little bit going into the fourth year. So it's crazy because that's actually what that is happening. Yeah, And it's almost like right around the time it was like, you know, around like early spring, first quarter to late fall is the bear earners.
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 6: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can folks on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com, backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, But understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws border and families.
Speaker 2: Will be protected. Sponsored by the United States Department at Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Run like I mean a bull run, like a really big bull run. Historically, it's actually played out exactly how history has dictated in the past, which is kind of crazy if you think about it, because we actually spoke about it multitude.
Speaker 4: I think even Caleb talked about it as well. I think one of the guests may maybe Peter talked about it as well. We went over to art your charge your chart guy.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, jac shot to Jac Yeah, he went over it as well.
Speaker 7: He went over the chart. He actually showed the chart when.
Speaker 6: Everybody was saying, hey, this is not a bull run. This is not a bull run. There's gonna be a band market coming. And he's showing us otherwise and saying, look, I don't make these things out. I'm just looking at the data and what it's showing. And the data has been correct. That's well, here's the thing I want the audience to know. Also, July is like one of the.
Speaker 4: Best months to buy stocks as well, so like even in the first fifteen days, like we should get a nice run. But like most stocks that are publicly traded and most funds that buying them are buying them in like long only strategies, meaning they're not shortened.
Speaker 5: So even when Apple hit we'll talk about it later.
Speaker 4: The evaluation of three trillions, some people are like, well, should be shorter now, and I'm like, for what with ninety percent of the funds that are buying it are buying it long only. There are some stocks you could short, like if you look at the worst performance.
Speaker 5: Stocks ap ets, CBS, truest.
Speaker 4: Financial corporation, you can short those, But the ones that are printing fifty percent, seventy percent, there are funds that are only putting money into them on the long term side, in the same cycles that you see like in let's say the NBA, there's only maybe eight what Rashot and trum, maybe eight or nine teams historically that are gonna win titles year over year. You want to act as if that the Indiana Pacers have a chance to win. Shout out to Indiana paces as my hometown right a home state, But the pace I win the title this year. So in the same fashion, these same cycles work over and over again. There's best months to buy, best months to stay away, best months of short. It is your job to follow the information here and take advantage of it so we can make your money.
Speaker 7: I will say this also that.
Speaker 3: Remember when I said I said a while ago when tech was going crazy and after the pandemic, and I'm like, this is overinflated and it's going to come down. And right after that it came down. I don't think we're at that point now, but we're fastly approaching. You have to understand when things start to not make sense anymore, and when something's not sustainable, even AI, well, AI is here to stay. But I'm just saying just to hype around it for companies to just go up fifty eight percent, one hundred and twenty percent. It's not sustainable. This is not so we will see a pullback in tech for sure. For sure.
Speaker 5: And I want to pre recorded shows.
Speaker 7: Uh huh?
Speaker 5: Can we open a lot Marina back up a song? Boy?
Speaker 3: Hey, So, so I say that to say, just you have to be patient. I know if you missed, if you missed this run, I mean, it's not like it's you can steal it. But you never want to buy high. You never want to buy at a fifty two weeks high. That's that's it. That's important. Unless your dollar cost averaging, then it doesn't matter. But if you just want if you just you don't want to try to time the market and put money in at the high, so you will you will have an opportunity to put money into the market.
Speaker 7: But you just have to be patient. It's true. You must practice patients. It's true.
Speaker 5: I'll be I'll be like one hundred percent transparent.
Speaker 6: Like this Tesla run that has been on over the past two months, I wasn't in and I've been trying to like just be patient with it.
Speaker 7: Like I have shares of it.
Speaker 6: Obviously I'm making money on that side, but you know, I like to do like leaps in the options and the timing hasn't.
Speaker 5: Been right for it, and so I just got to its.
Speaker 6: Yeah, every time, I'm like, I'm like, nah, to say't it, to say the time to saint the moment. But that's something you have to learn. Like there have been times in the past where it was like I'm going to catch this thing on the way up and then it goes up and then huge, huge slide, right, And so this is one of those times whe're experiencing patience and discipline comes into work and now it works in your favor. It's like, I'm happy for everybody that is in Tesla, Like it's a company that I believe and it's.
Speaker 7: Why I have shares in it.
Speaker 6: But watching people like wins like that's dope, and in the back of your mind like all right, that's great, I missed it. That's cool. Where I gotta be cool with that. I'll have wins because we in this game for a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And for those who are investing long term, just hold on for ten years.
Speaker 5: Block out all noise.
Speaker 4: One of the biggest mistakes I see people is taking in too much information, trying to get a confirmation bias one way or another. When if you just let the EQUI sit in your portfolio and add to it, you'll have Like how many people do we know that probably have been watching the show for a year and a half, two years and still haven't executed yet because they're afraid or taking in too much information when you could have just had the gains if you would have just applied the information.
Speaker 5: So my biggest suggestion to everyone, I.
Speaker 4: Mean even and the reason why I love Apple, and when they even close above the three three trillion valuation, like they're still printing amazing games.
Speaker 5: Like if you have a big for those of you have more money, let's.
Speaker 4: Say you want to put one hundred thousand into the market, five hundred thousand, you're like, where's the safe place. Apple's going to give you the slowest and smallest drawdown of any big company and you'll still be able to have predictable gains out of that. So if you're working with a smaller account, you may want to pick something more volatile if you will, to try and get a game there. But if you have less money, and that's an Apple our safeway. So regardless of any market, as Jim Kramer will say, there's a bull market somewhere.
Speaker 8: My graduates from my school being forced back drop bag dropdroproft.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right, leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,