Speaker 1: Don't answer the phone. Elvis Duran, the Elvis Duran phone tapp. All right, Garrett, it's all you today.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Well, our listener, Tina is playing a phone tap on her mother Joyce. Now, Joyce just got a cell phone and is the last person on earth to get into the text messaging world.
Speaker 2: Oh, welcome Joyce.
Speaker 3: Yes, Tina thought it would be funny to mess with her mom Joyce about text messaging. So I call as a representative from the cell phone company explaining about text messaging.
Speaker 2: Good idea, because when it comes to moms who are a little late to the text messaging party, they don't know what they're talking.
Speaker 1: Very simple, we'll mess with him. Today's phone tap. Let's listen in. Hello, Hi, I'm looking for Joyce Reillo. Please.
Speaker 3: This is she, Hi Joyce. My name is Alex Graham. I'm calling from Nazarravat.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I see that you signed up with us not even two days ago. So first off, welcome to the family.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I know you signed up for the two hundred and fifty text messages a month. You're about to exceed that by a lot, so I don't think that's possible.
Speaker 2: I did too, many.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I'm not sure if you're you're aware of how it works. We go by the letter.
Speaker 2: I've only sent four text messages.
Speaker 1: You send a text message to guess here, gus.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's my daughter Tina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you sent the text message. Did this text message go through? So every letter on that counts towards your text message a lot.
Speaker 2: Why would you do it per letter?
Speaker 1: That's how we work, That's how we make so much money. Usually.
Speaker 2: That's what it's about. Money right now, that's the problem. Everybody wants to find a way to make more and more money and just to get all of.
Speaker 3: Us well, they're trying to do That's why people sign up for the unlimited plan, because you could send as many letters as you want.
Speaker 2: You know what that's called. That's called a bait and switch. You're trying to sort a little bait out there and say, oh, it only costs this much, it's not that much at all, and then really what you're doing is screwing us because in the end, you want me, how much is this on limited all? I bet it's twenty five dollars extra month.
Speaker 3: Did you or did you not just send a text message ten minutes ago yes, okay, And you.
Speaker 1: Said, did you watch Glee?
Speaker 2: Why are you reading my text messages? It's just not private?
Speaker 3: Well, it is private, but just for your own knowledge, that text message right there puts you over the limit. And with that, for every letter you go over the limit, that's an extra dollar fifty charge.
Speaker 2: So what should I have written? Did you watch Glee? This is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Every letter you send now is going to cost you, just so you're aware, so I would be careful going forward.
Speaker 2: Now for the reason, I'm done, I just told this thing out the windows. My god, I can't believe you. So for it, I.
Speaker 1: Hold one second and we will call it right back.
Speaker 2: All right, Hello, mom, we're a bottom here. Well, what's up the phone company? They called me about the text messaging thing you set me up for. They told me that I can only do two hundred and something letters come month, and so I don't know. I send Daddy a message, I sent you a message, and I don't know Annie Helen. And then all of a sudden, now they're telling me you're over. Didn't I say, I don't need the degravation. I thought you you figured that out when we sign up for the plan, and you cannot send more than two and fifty. Why do you think I only respond with like okay and like roll when you when you were busy. I didn't know that. I just thought you heard a lot going on, and it isn't assimize I'm talking with letters. I don't know how to talk like this. I guess I'm not a new age. I can't take it. It's ridiculous. A lot do it. You should give another shot because you know my friends and I do it. I'm like, it's so will be so cool if we could talk all day, you know, man't give it another shot. I'm over now? Are you even listening to me? Didn't hear a word? I just said, I read every word and I'm gonna go have a piece of carecake because that they'll trust out. I am Oh, you said, just send me a stem a text message? What does it say? Phone tapped? Why is she sending this to me?
Speaker 1: There's a little bit more to that text message.
Speaker 2: Who is this? Who's that the phone with you? No?
Speaker 3: Actually, uh, my name is Garrett from Elvis Duran in the Morning Show, and you just got phone tapped by your daughter?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Mom?
Speaker 1: The Elvis Duran phone tap.
Speaker 2: This phone table was pre recorded with permission granted by all participants the
Speaker 3: Elvis Duran phone tab only on Elvis Duran in the morning show