Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Love Herts. Keith week Kwan has had quite a career, from childhood roles in Indiana, Jones and the Temple of Doom and The Goonies to a recent Academy Award win for Everything, Everywhere, All at Once. But now Keith finally stars as a leading man in the film Love Hurts. Love Hurts is a perfect date night movie with its mix of over the top action comedy and a ton of heart. Love Hurts Only at theaters February seventh.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheadle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: Welcome In Episode one sixteen of What's Right, We think great the podcast in YouTube show. If you're watching right now live on YouTube, we greatly appreciate you. If you're not watching live on YouTube, but you want to be able to watch our future episodes live on YouTube, make sure you click the bell after you subscribe. That way you get an alert whenever we go live, usually ten thirty five ish Mondays and Thursdays. Wild Card weekend is upon us. We have a ton to do and I have made the commitment that today we're gonna have a tight, a tight show. We're not going over. We're gonna get through it. It's a good test for myself because we got a lot to get to and I want to get to all of it as efficiently as possible. Here is what we're not getting to in today's show. Tamar Hamlin released from the Buffalo hospital. I ang there's a chance he's at the game this weekend, and that would be one of the greatest loudest moments ever. I also think there's a chance maybe they wait on that moment and do it in the next round when they would be playing Cincinnati. But I think it's happening at some point that Damar is leading them out of the tunnel, the heat set a record shooting forty or forty from the free throw line. I'm not interested in that at all. And of course, listen, this is the college football National championship game. Was a great example of even though I don't talk about something regularly, it doesn't know doesn't mean that I don't know a ton about it. Told you, guys, Georgia is gonna roll TCU, told you Georgia has twenty to twenty five pro guys. TCU's got five. Who's the most lopsided national championship game in history? Sixty five to seven. Put that in the same bucket as do you remember to Monsey about four months ago, I'm not off to a great start on hitting the cluck, by the way, because I'm about to go on minor tangent. Do you remember about four months ago when I randomly did about ten minutes about Walgreens locking up everything, claiming they were just being ruined by thefts, and how I thought they were crying wolf and they were getting the American public, you know, up in arms about shoplifting, you know, as I know you do. I was reading the Wall Street Journal a few days ago on the Walgreens CEO had some nice quotes about how maybe we over exaggerated, you know, the amount of thefts we you know, we shoot for we say it again. No it was I think it was. I don't think it was about race. I think it was about them just crying wolf saying, oh no, we're gonna be going bankruptcy due to the thefts, when in reality, any of those large chains they hope for a shrinkage rate of about two and a half percent, and Walgreens was a touch over three percent. Meanwhile, they also don't look here, but had to pay hundreds of millions of dollars in the settlement because oh yeah, our pharmacists were just passing out opioids like candy, and we have a giant drug crisis in America. But hey, it's in all of those things. Nick doesn't talk about a lot. Doesn't mean I'm not on top of the whole thing. All right, let's get to the show, demonse.
Speaker 4: All right, So, so we all know Lamar Jackson's been out with an injury for the last month or yes, still very questionable for the game Sunday, but it seems highly unlikely.
Speaker 3: That he plays crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tyler Huntley didn't throw on Wednesday either, So that's not great news for Baltimore. It means their third string quarterbacks when you're playing.
Speaker 3: Old Anthony Brown. Demonte doesn't want to say Anthony Brown's name because he's worried Anthony Brown might watch the show and have his feelings hurt.
Speaker 4: But go ahead. Baltimore made the playoffs this year, but Lamar had a mediocre to bad season.
Speaker 3: Sure, after a great start through three weeks mediocre, Yeah, through three weeks looked like League MVP, then tailed off a bit, particularly passing the ball. Now granted he had no receivers once again, and now he's heard at the end. But go ahead, all right, but.
Speaker 4: They basically have no shot to win anything without Lamar. Was this season? I mean, was this season or worst case scenario for both sides?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's a good way to put it, and I think it's trending towards that. Yeah, I think the worst case for Lamar would be other than catastrophic injury, right, was he gets injured and he's unable to finish the year for the second straight year. The worst case scenario for Baltimore was he gets injured and we want to improved. We can't survive without.
Speaker 4: Him, so.
Speaker 3: I don't This is one of those spots where I don't think either side is being wholly unreasonable. I don't think it is unreasonable for Lamar to say I want the same contract structure Deshaun Watson. I've accomplished more in this league than to Shawn. I've certainly been a better citizen than to Shawn. I'm not on my second team. I'm better. I want a fully guaranteed deal. I think that's reasonable. I also, and this is something a lot of the media seems afraid to say, and I don't know why. I have an idea why, but I'm gonna try to stick to the clock, so I'm not going to get into the full depth of it. I think a lot of people agree with me when I say this. If I were Baltimore, I would be very nervous about giving Lamar Jackson two hundred plus million fully guaranteed, because you do worry about his style of play leading to injury. You do worry about the fact that he has not seemingly evolved as a passer, and you do worry that if you pay him at that level, is are you going to be able to put the requisite pieces around him on both sides of the ball to compete for a championship. And you do worry that he's not gonna have a prime that goes deep into his thirties. And I understand a contract you wouldn't have to worry about that you don't have to r the next four or five years. So I get why Lamar wants it, and I get why Baltimore would be hesitant to give it. However, I think if Lamar doesn't play in these playoffs, I think anyone that is acting like it's not on the board of potential outcomes that Lamar has played his last game as a Raven are kidding themselves. So I understand. I talked with Chris Brussard about this on television yesterday. He was like, they'll just franchise tag him. I want the audience to understand something. Lamar didn't get the contract he wanted going into this year. Some people suggested he hold out, just not show up right. That is incredibly unwieldy and incredibly punitive for the player under the current collective bargaining agreement. I hate to be so in the weeds here, but this is something we don't have the space to give the full details on on television, but I can. I have a little more time to do it here. If you hold out when you're under contract, the fines are upwards of forty thousand dollars a day, and if you are you hold out long enough, your contract can toll, meaning it's not like, Okay, I'll hold out all year and then that'll count for a year on my contract and then next year I'm a free agent. No, the contract can toll, meaning it's like this year didn't happen, and then you have the exact same one year left under contract for next season. So that's the initial problem. The other problem is this. It is one thing to hold out, and again this is nerdy CBA stuff, but I think it helps people understand the real nuances of this. It's one thing to hold out, meaning to never show up if you but Lamar showed up to training camp I think believing he was gonna get a new deal. They were negotiating right, but then it didn't get done. If you show up and then hold out, that is even worse as far as how punitive it can be, because that's called leaving the team. So if you show up to the facilities for weeks and then leave because you're holding out. It is even more damaging as far as what the team can do to you from a punitive standpoint, because it's like you're a wall. So once Lamar showed up, he was always going to end up playing this year because he's under contract. The franchise tag, on the other hand, is a totally different situation. And what I mean by that is this, they can franchise tag him. It will be like forty five million bucks, but he he's not under contract until he signs it. If he refuses to sign it, they can do nothing to him. He just can't play. They can't find him. There is no contract to toll. It's not even a holdout. Interesting, it's just him saying I won't sign this. You can tag me, but I won't sign it, and if he doesn't sign it then they have no recourse. Now would he be willing to sit out a full season? I don't know. Lashaw uh, who was it not Lachelle McCoy Le'Veon Bell did it and ended up getting a great contract from the Jets. Now his career went sideways after that. We've seen guys do it. I think the last I think his name was Gilbert Sean Gilbert. Maybe there was a d D tackle for the Panthers that did a long time ago. They will be playing a very dangerous game. One other note here that is saying why we are trending towards a split between the Ravens and Lamar. There's a lot of reasons people have agents, Demonse. I think you'll find this really interesting, and most people think, get oh, they negotiate my deals for me, they give me the most money, all of it. The other reason people have agents is to protect the relationship between the employee and the employer. So when you are in contract negotiations, the employer who wants to pay you less makes the case as to why you're not as valuable as you think. So I'll give a real life example, but I won't name names. I have a good friend of mine who's in the media business, who just went through what ended up being a pretty contentious contract negotiations. Now, his agent told him this. I would argue his agent probably shouldn't have told him this. But when he was saying, you know, I thought I was gonna get paid X, why are they offering why his agent's like, well, you know, they said, the last six months your ratings might have been three months have been not. You know, your ratings haven't been in the spot they wanted it to be in. They were arguing why he wasn't quite as valuable as he thought he was. Now his agents shouldn't have told him that, but set that aside. But that pissed him off, made him dig in. Here's why I bring this up with Lamar. Lamar's representing himself. So when Lamar goes in to negotiate, and Lamar's family goes in and negotiate with him, and he's like, I want two hundred million dollars guaranteed, Why won't you give it to me? The answer as well, and then they list his weaknesses as a player. He's the one hearing that right. So for all of those reasons, I think it is on the board that a team that wants to pay Lamar makes a Godfather offer to the Ravens and he is traded. And I think it is on the board if he does not play this weekend that he has played his last game as a Raven, Because if the Ravens didn't want to give him a fully guaranteed contract before this year. You think they're gonna be more apt to when he's hurt again and once again doesn't evolve as a passer. I don't, all right, I said we're gonna go faster. I just went ten minutes on the first topic.
Speaker 4: Next crazy all right? With questions that quarterback and head coach Dallas is gonna make it or break a game against the Bucks on Monday after a hot start to the season, hope of hopes of a deep playoff front or swindling. Yeah, what's the best case scenario for Dallas fans? A playoff win and validation for the of the season for the first time since twenty seventeen. Or a blowout to Tom Brady and a reason to fire Mike McCarthy for Sean Payton.
Speaker 3: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Even our resident Cowboys fan and producer Karen doesn't know what to root for.
Speaker 3: All right, here's the deal. I think you're in the playoffs. I think you have to root for the win, especially because you are not guaranteed to get Sean Payton. Right A lot of you, now, would I trade a playoff win for Sean Payton over Mike McCarthy Probably now? It should be noted Sean Payton and Mike McCarthy have almost identical win loss records in this league. They both have won won Super Bowl. They both had four seasons where they were under five hundred. But I do think Sean Payton's better and he would get the most out of Dak. The problem for the Cowboy and if you win, you're probably going to Philly, and I think the Cowboys can win that game, right and then all of a sudden, you're in the conference championship game for the first time in twenty seven years since Troy Aikman was there, So you're rooting for a win. The problem is, the bigger picture question for the Cowboys is have they did Dak Prescott as a rookie. You weren't watching football at this time, but Dak Prescott was not supposed to be the starter. He was fourth round pick. Tony Roll was supposed to be the starter. Tony Rowell got hurt. They had to go to Dank. He got hurt in the preseason. They had to go to Dak. Right before the year. Dak had twenty three touchdowns four interceptions. They went thirteen and three, had the number one seed and lost an epic playoff game Darren Rodgers, where Dak was fantastic. So that year, his rookie year, he made the Divisional Round. He made a Pro Bowl. That was twenty sixteen. So now we have season seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty twenty one, twenty two, so his rookie season, Pro Bowl, Divisional Round. In the six years since then, he has made the Pro Bowl one other time. He's been the Divisional Round one other time. He has led the league in any major passing category one time, and that was this year and the category was interceptions. Dak Prescott is fine? Is he great?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Is Dak Prescott Kirk Cousins with a better marketing agent. Maybe Dak Prescott. Forget throwing for five thousand yards. He's thrown for two thousand yards twice. He's thrown for more than thirty touchdowns once. This should be his moment. He's the veteran quarterback in the conference with no quarterbacks. You name the best quarterbacks in football other than Jalen Hurts, who had a great year. How many you got a list before? You have a second NFC quarterback. You say Mahomes, you say Burrow, you say Alan, you say Lamar, you say Herbert, you say the Prince. Jalen Hurts is mixed in there. There's so Deshaun Watson. He's in the AFC. Though Deshaun was terrible this year, hasn't been good in a couple of years leading played, And so the Cowboys paid Dak like he's great. If he's just Kirk as Bill Simmons was on this, and I give him credit. If he's just Kirk Cousins with better pr are you stuck? Maybe? And I think they lose to the Bucks. I think the Bucks are gonna be in the NFC Championship game. Bucks Niners, NFC Championship game. It's just a nightmare for me.
Speaker 4: Next, all right, your NFC Super Bowl pick is San Francisco. Yeah, they're huge favorites this weekend against Seattle obviously, but after this weekend, I can't decide if they're a Super Bowl lock or a risky bet. Yeah. On one hand, their defense is the best in the league, and they faced Geno and then maybe Cousins. On the other hand, no rookie quarterback has ever made it to the Super Bowl, let alone a third string rookie. Yeah. Not enough people are talking about brock perty Is there a chance for watching an all time sports story unfold in front of our eyes? Or will he melt down in the playoffs like every other rookie quarterback in they no Philly Street.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the rookie part is interesting because so five game games, first five games as a starter. The only quarterbacks to put up the numbers party has put up his first five games a starter are Kurt Warner and Patrick Mahomes. Okay, both of those guys were not technically rookies. Mahomes sat his rookie year, remember, and Kurt Warner. You don't know the Kurt Warner story having the year after you were born, Kurt Warner was literally bagging groceries.
Speaker 4: Was he the quarterback for the Vikings?
Speaker 3: For the Rams, he was literally bagging groceries. Was thing like got on a practice squad, bounced around a bit, never played. Was the backup quarterback for the Rams in ninety nine in the preseason, Trent Green goes down, He comes in and demons they are the highest scoring team at that point in NFL history. He wins League MVP, he wins the super Bowl. That's really fun, unbelievable. Then by the way. Two years later, they make another Super Bowl as a huge favorite. They lose to a kid named Tom Brady and the Patriots, who again Brady not a rookie, a second year guy, but technically a rookie. He played fine. Kurt Warner's career then falls apart, goes to the Giants, is no good. Gets another chance with the Cardinals when everyone's written them off, makes another Super Bowl. They lose it to the Steelers, and it's an unbelievable story from out of nowhere. So here's why I mention it. Mahomes was not a rookie, but he essentially was and was awesome his first playoff run. Kurt Warner was not a rookie, but essentially was was awesome his first playoff run. Perdy is on a list with those guys as far as first five starts. Is Perdy, Mahomes or Kurt Warner? Obviously not, However he doesn't need to be. The Niners have the best skill position guys in the league, Dave running game in the league. They are far and away the best defense in the league. Do I think there's a chance he has a playoff meltdown?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 3: However not in week one against Seattle, and once he gets a playoff win, he's in great shape as far as feeling more confident. The next game is guaranteed to be at home. Now, would I be nervous for party against the Eagles defense on the road. Sure, But I think the Eagles are gonna lose before then, So I think Perty's gonna be at home the whole time. So I think they're gonna be fine. I think they're gonna be in the super Bowl. I think I'm gonna cash my fifty to one Chiefs Niner super Bowl future. What's up?
Speaker 4: So we've got a pull. Will brock Perty make it to the Super Bowl? Fifty two percent say yes, forty eight percent say no. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean but think about that means that means half our audience will take San Francisco over the field. Half our audience will say San Francisco versus any other all the other teams in the NFC, they'll take San Francisco. That's the clock. I said we were gonna be efficient, and we're in overtime already. All right, last one?
Speaker 4: All right, so we know you're picking the Jags and the Prince. That was problem.
Speaker 3: You don't know how do you know that you don't know that? All right, I'm picking the Jags.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Yeah, but are we sure you have the right prince tall, big arm, flowing golden hair quarterback. Are you sure the prophecy wasn't just talking about Justin Herbert? They do got a lot of similarities. Obviously, you're not switching up your Jags pick. But if Herbert wins, isn't he the real quarterback prodigy and not Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 3: No, Herbert's awesome. I'm not one of these lunatics that was already I shouldn't say that. This is some of my good friends that were doing this. I take I'm not one of these folks that we're arguing to us better than Herbert. Herbert's excellent. However, when it comes to prodigy, I know people don't like when I do this, but I will do it anyway. Justin Herbert was the number out of high school, the number eight player in the state of Oregon. Trevor Lawrence was the number one player in the world. In college. Justin Herbert won a PAC twelve championship one time. Trevor Lawrence won the ACC Championships championship three times and a national championship one time and played for another. Now the Jags are flat lee. The Chargers are a better team than the Jacks. They have more weapons, they have a better defense, They're getting healthier. So if Trevor were to lose, that is not an indictment on him. I don't think he's going to lose. But this is another example. Like Mahomes has won a Super Bowl, been to another, one's about to have a second. League MVP burrowin is one year as a starter, went to the Super Bowl this year as im positioned great Alan played two of the best playoff games any quarterbacks ever played in his two playoff games last year, He's been to a conference championship game. They're poised to go on another run this year. Those guys are all in the AFC, with Herbert and Lawrence plus Lamar. Like the AFC quarterback picture is so top heavy, and I think Trevor is better right now in my opinion. If you were to say the five best quarterbacks in the league this year, as far as the season they had, I think you would have to rank it Mahomes, Burrow, Hurts, Allen, Trevor, Lawrence, and Justin Herbert I think would be sixth, So they're both excellent. I think the Jags are gonna win this game. I like the Jags at home. I like the Jags to come two arrowhead in round two in a game that if it takes place, I might just have to fly in for Mahomes versus Trevor at arrowhead with a conference championship. Oh they did they not send it to you?
Speaker 4: I actually no, I'll tell to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably best off the pot. Demonse lost his driver's license a year ago, and it's not been a problem because he doesn't drive in New York. But he's now realizing he's about to move to LA and needs his physical copy of his driver's license, and that has been a pay by the way. You know what, let's just take a moonshot.
Speaker 4: Here, Russ.
Speaker 3: No, this is what I mean. If anyone listening or watching to this works in the Missouri Department of Motor Vehicles, we would love It is still active, it is still valid, and we have all the paperwork necessary. What we don't want to do is have to go take a physical trip to Kansas City to go to the DMV. If anyone can help us get a copy of Demande's driver's license a physical, so when he gets to LA he can buy a car easily. We will be eternally indebted to you. Please please, it would be so great. Wait, what if I have a piece of paper?
Speaker 4: What if I have my my driver's license on a piece of paper in my center console in my car. I means that, like, does that work if I'm trying to like rent a car?
Speaker 3: Maybe? But let's but let's let's hold on hope that we can get the actual thing, all right? That was that We'll come right back and play a game. That's right.
Speaker 5: If your football team had one option in their playbook, the results probably wouldn't be great. The same could be said for your investments. Cebo index options like SPX and XSP can help expand your investing strategies with cash settlement and potential tax advantages. If you're ready for a more dynamic game plan, head to Better with Options dot Com. Cebo life is better with options, Your investments.
Speaker 4: Could be too.
Speaker 5: There are risks associated with CBO company products. The disclosures and disclaimers at cbo dot com slash us underscore disclaimers.
Speaker 3: Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Right episode one, sixteen. I'm tweeting out the link to this right now, and I'm also including in the tweet ap pleading anyone in the Missouri DMB to please help him with his lost driver's license. Uh so that would be so great. That would be like the coolest thing that's happened to you from this show. Uh and so all look at this. Do you see this? I don't want to say don't say his name because I don't want to get it, but I'll just say the first name. Marquis says. My sister works at redacted DMV. Let me work my Luca magic. Oh, this would be unbelievable. Thanks dude, Due, this would be unbelievable. And if anyone can help tweet at demands rather than me, because it'll be seen more easily that I've had to filter so many of my Twitter responses because people are so mean to me. Can I show you what this? I did something stupid and I checked stop texting, and I checked my Twitter, not Twitter, So people can't DM me on Twitter unless I follow my Instagram. Uh yeah, my DMS. And I gotta just read the date and the words that this I'm gonna say his full name actually, because these cowards also always have private accounts. They send these things and they have private accounts. So Connor O'Dell sent me this. Read the date of the first one and what it says, and then read the date of the other one. Okay, so read it. No I'm saying, yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Heard your nose gets XI radio. Can you confirm what day was that? Since it was sent on January fourth.
Speaker 3: So that was two years ago, a little over two years ago. He has not reached out to me since, and then yesterday.
Speaker 4: And then he reached out yesterday, and he goes, anyone ever tell you that you look like Squidward's house?
Speaker 3: What is Squidward's house? DEMANSA, Oh jeez, it's a little let me see.
Speaker 4: It's a uh it's a house.
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 4: It's a face. It's like one of those those mountain like one of those face sculptures that are in some other country.
Speaker 3: They're like, oh, Easter Island. Yeah, it looks like the Okay, that's just say Squidwards. I know people always say it looks like Squidward, which is mean. But I know what that one is, so.
Speaker 4: That those are the totems that bad like I haven't seen the house in a minute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not that bad. But I mean this guy dm me once two years ago making fun of my nose, and then just fired off another one two years like.
Speaker 4: One of those guys that's on it like you know, every three days or something like that. Like that guy's obviously it seems like he's got a life. He hates with you a little bit.
Speaker 3: Okay, when he's got the time, can I tell you one super nerdy thing and then we can get back to the show. So the reason I could pull that Easter Island thing so quickly is when I was in first grade, yes, first maybe second grade. I think it was first grade though. You know how schools like have spelling bees and then the winner of the spelling bee moves on, uh like regional and the national whatever they're also used to me maybe there's still is a geography bee and the you would compete against your grade, and then everyone would compete for the winner of the school. This is a true story, and I know i'd say I was in first grade. I was in third grade at the oldest, but I think it was first grade. Doesn't matter because I know I was. It was when I went to Catholic school, so I went to Saint Thomas Moore and I obviously won my grades geography B. But then they put all of the grade winners on stage in the auditorium together in front of the school, and we all competed to be the school champion. But the school went up to eighth grade, so I'm up there. No, I wasn't first grade because I was the youngest. And it's uh, like we have little whiteboards. I remember this vividly, and there was a question about, like what agreement allows this is again the early nineties, that was recently, you know, signed into law allows trade between the United States and Mexico and Canada. My dad was a Union guy, so I remember him talking about NAFTA a lot North American Free Trade Agreement. I wrote it on my whiteboard, and like the seventh grader and the fifth grader missed it. So now it's like me and five kids. But I'm seven years old, and I'm like, I'm gonna win this goddog thing. And I don't remember what the next question was, but I do know it was down to three of us, Me and eighth grader and somebody else, and if I win, I move on to like compete in the you know, Kansas City geography be I'm so excited, man. And the question was what nation is known for its totems, the giant heads whatever, And I had no idea, And the answer was Easter Island. And now to this day, I've wanted to go there. I wanted to see them whenever I see it, so that the squid word pull, that's what his house was modeled after. Yeah, those totems on Easter Island. You know who knows? All right, let me see the picture, jerks. Yeah, yeah, that's the exact picture I just saw. I don't think that's that bad of a I don't think that's that bad. All right, this is not great content. I also hold on, I do before we move on, I have to figure out what those things are exactly called Easter Island statues. Uh yeah, I mean those things. Yeah, I mean that those are the statues on Easter Island.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Loo's looks different though.
Speaker 3: And they're also I mean they were made a thousand years ago. Uh. They started making them a thousand years ago, and then they started rapanui uh is, and then they stopped making about four hundred years ago. All right, we can get de Warrenston. Things go ahead, all right.
Speaker 4: So after dumping Cliffs Cliff Kingsbury and Steve kim Cam time stepped away. The Cardinals announced that they are looking to trade a superstar, their superstar wide receiver, DeAndre Hopkins. Last year, Tyreek Kill, A J. Brown, and DeVante Adams were all big name wide receivers traded that paid immediate dividends. Someone is going all in on Hopkins? Where's the best fit for all? Right?
Speaker 3: Let me just say this real quick. I'm a little I'd be a little nervous. Are going all in on Hopkins in this regard? So AJ Brown, young guy ending his rookie deal when he was traded? What oh no, no, no, A J. Brown was traded this offseason the car No no, no. AJ Green's the guy on the Cardinals. He's old, yeah, AJ Brown young, DeVante not young but coming off one of his most productive seasons. Tyreek Hill kind of football middle aged but coming off back to back to back to back awesome seasons. Nuke coming off his two worst seasons. Missed time last two seasons twelve hundred yards eleven touchdowns combined. That used to be one season for him, so that part makes me a little anxious. The obvious fit would be Cleveland of reuniting with Deshaun Watson for a team that needs receivers, but they don't have the picks because they've traded them all for Deshaun Watson. I think the Giants make a lot of sense. They need a receiver desperately. I know people are gonna say Baltimore, but I don't think Baltimore's gonna invest those resources in a receiver. They have him up to this point. Belichick loves him, loves him yeah, and might make a move for him. He's an excellent player, but he also has this weird thing. He won't practice. He refuses to practice, and it is he's notorious for being like the only guy in the league that can perform at the level he performs at without basically ever going through a full practice. Just hates to practice. And Bill O'Brien when he was in Houston couldn't stand that, and it's one of the reasons they traded him. Now they got nothing for him, and it hasn't hurt him with the Cardinals. He's a unique guy and it's a unique spot. He's an excellent player, but it's not quite as much of a no brainer as I Some people are making it out to be all right, time for a game.
Speaker 4: All right, so we're back to this or that? Yeah, I can't remember the last time we played this actually played a couple weeks ago. Reports are that Rams Rams coach Sean McVeigh is thinking about leaving the sidelines in Los Angeles. Yeah, after suffering the worst Super Bowl hangover of all time, McVeagh doesn't seem thrilled with the idea of rebuilding. If McVeigh leaves the Rams, is he a a quitter or be a genius?
Speaker 3: Well, I'll go with genius. I won't call him a quitter. What I will say is this, I give the Rams credit. They won the Super Bowl. However, if that Super Bowl win ends up resulting in that team being in the absolute wilderness for the next half decade or more, that was an expensive way to win. Man, Right, So you don't have draft picks because you've traded them away. You don't first round picks you haven't had the last few years. Around the next few years, Donald might retire. You paid Stafford all that money. This year golf was better and healthier than Stafford, but you and if McVeigh walks, you're just done. It's a hoping Cooper Cup comes back healthy. But Jalen Ramsey is trending down, Aaron Donald's flirting with retirement. You don't have any great young players. And if the coach is like, I don't want to be a part of this, it does. Now again, you won the Super Bowl, so it's fine, but remember how close they were to blowing that Bucks game in the divisional round and how close they were to losing against the Niners and the Bengals in the Super Bowl. If they hadn't won the Super Bowl, they would still be in this bat of a position. Then it's a total disaster.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: They were up twenty eight to three or twenty seven to three on the Bucks in the divisional round and then they just started turning the ball over every single possession and they almost lost. Can you imagine if they had blown that lead, lost that game, then had this year in McVeigh leaves, Oh my, Now, I do think they would be exceptional on television. I also, I am not sure he really wants to do TV. I think it's that he doesn't want to be a part of a rebuild. But you guys, put yourself in this position to go all in and win that super Bowl. You want it, but that is an expensive way to do it. If you're now going to go from a team. It's not like you were worlds away from winning Super Bowl, for you'd been to one a few years prior. It's very fascinating what they've done, and I think because this year was so bad, other teams might be less likely to try to follow that model.
Speaker 4: All right, Next, moments after our show wrapped up on Monday, Cliff Kingsbury was fired by the Cardinals. The way I see it, he only has two avenues from here. Cliff kingsbury next job will be Pat's offensive coordinator or Gosling stunt double.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hatriots offensive coordinator is an interesting one. Gostling's stunt double is I'm not sure you know Brian No, I know who he is. I just I appreciate that. I just don't know which one of our wonderful producers is, you know, working out their B lists comedy routine on the podcast, like oh let me throw this little singer in there. But uh sorry, guys, uh listen. He was promoted a job too high a couple of times. He's not a head coach. He wasn't a head coach in college. He was, but he wasn't any good. He had multiple NFL quarterbacks, including Patrick Mahomes, and he couldn't be above five hundred. He's not a head coach in the NFL, just Flat Lee isn't. And so I Pat's offensive coordinator makes sense if that's what they want to the route they want to go. I think they might try to hire Bill O'Brien. Uh, but he's not an NFL at coach, and I don't think he's gonna get another NFL head coaching job for a very very long time, if ever. All right, next, all right.
Speaker 4: The inaugural NFL NFLPA All Pro Team dropped yesterday, and you seem to think there were some snubs. I think we're gonna show a tweet on the main screen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there were a couple snubs that to me jumped out. If we don't want to show the tweet, it's all right, I had, I said Micah Parsons snubbed.
Speaker 4: But go ahead. Maybe the players should leave the list making to the professionals. Huh. The biggest NFL NFLPA All pro snub is Michaeh. Parsons or Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 3: Okay, so these are the two ones that jump out at you. It's also weird the way they did their lists. All right, stretch my legs. They only did two wide receivers and two corners, even though we're in a league where everybody's in nickel all the time. Three corners because teams are running three wide receivers, so, and they included a full back, even though very few teams actually use a full back, so that part of it's a little odd if I'm being honest, Those though, were the two big snubs, So you had two edge rusher spots Joey and Nicky. Bosa has to be one of them. The question is who asked to be the other one? I think asked me Michael Parsons. They put on Miles Garrett Love. I think Miles Garrett says tremendous player. I think Michael Parsons was better than him this year. The wide receivers, one of them has to be Justin Jefferson. They put on DeVante Adams. I think Tyreek was better. Now. Davante led the league in touchdowns and had fifteen hundred yards and it's not like Derek Carr is a great player, but I think Tyreek was more impactful. With that said, Davante over Tyreek is more defensible in my opinion, than Miles Garrett over Michael Parsons. So I think the biggest post, the biggest snub was Michael Parsons. Next.
Speaker 4: All right, the regular season is over, but that doesn't mean the coaches and the playoffs are safe. We already talked about Mike McCarthy's jobs being at risk, but both Chargers head coach Brandon Staley and Dolphin's head coach Mike McDaniel a rumored to be on the hot seat as well. The coach more likely to get fired is Staley or McDaniel. I'm going with Staley, why just because of last week?
Speaker 3: He last week didn't help him. I don't think either of these guys gets fired.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for the record, to be honest.
Speaker 3: The more likely one, though, is Mike McDaniel. Here's why. That's the Dolphins young guy, and I like him. I think he's good. I think he got fired. He's probably get another job. There's you know what seems to be bubbling back to the surface a bit. Sean Payton and Tom Brady teaming up in Miami.
Speaker 4: So this has nothing to do with McDaniels.
Speaker 3: It would be that right. It would be that they Sean Payton and Brady wanted to be together, that the only reason didn't happen was the Flores lawsuit. The whole thing it got scuttled. They went with Mike McDaniel. It was all going great, then they went eight and three, and then from eight and three to eight and eight. The family that owns the Chargers is notoriously pretty cheap, So I don't know that they're gonna want to fire another head coach and pay him out. And also Staley, it should be noted. I mean they made the play like Staley, I don't. I think he has hurt his stock obviously, but I also think we've got to be fair about what he's in a league where it's hard to find quality coaches. He was nine and eight last year and they missed the playoffs by a tiebreaker, and he was ten and seven this year, despite being ravaged with injuries, So he's above five hundred, he's made the playoffs. I don't think they're gonna fire him two years in when he's above five hundred both years. But I think and I don't think they should fire him. Might McDaniel. I think McDaniel's good coach, but I mean he's got He's two, has been hurt twice, Teddy's been hurt twice, Skyler Thompson got hurt once, and McDaniel's gotten ravaged by quarterback injuries. But if Sean Payton and Tom Brady want to go there, that's bad news for TUA and McDaniel. All right, next, all right.
Speaker 4: If you look at a point differential, it's a miracle. The minus three Vikings and minus six Giants made it this far.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yep. The game a few weeks back could have gone either way, with the Vikings kicking a sixty one yarder with the time expiring to win. All I know is at the end of it, one of these teams will clearly be frauds.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: The team most likely to be exposed as frauds it's the Giants or the Vikings.
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna do our pick show later today and you guys will see it tomorrow. Spoiler alert. I'm picking the Vikings. But my answer, as far as be exposed as frauds. My answer is also the Vikings, because here's why. If the Vikings beat the Giants, no one's gonna call the Giants frauds. They'd be like, that's what's supposed to happen. They're on the road, they weren't supposed to be here. Nobody's gonna be like, I knew the Giants were no good. The Giants have overachieved, no one thinks they're awesome. But if the Giants beat the Vikings, people will be like, I told you that thirteen and four was fake. That team's no good, all of it, you know what I mean. So I don't think the Giants are eligible to be considered frauds because nobody thinks they're great. All right, last, all right?
Speaker 4: Netflix dropped the trailer for quote unquote Full Swing, a drive to a drive to survive type show for the pgh WR. They're also dropping a tennis one tomorrow called Breaking Breakpoint. Meanwhile, JJ Watt's retirement was chronicle on and on an all in season aneurysm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the in season.
Speaker 4: Sports docks market is oversaturated or underrated.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say oversaturated, but I also might be underrated because I don't watch any of these. I haven't seen Drive to Survive, which everyone loves, the F one show. I don't watch Hard Knocks. No, I don't watch any of that. I don't so I there's a lot of it, but I don't watch it. So I don't know if it's properly rated, underrated, any of it. What's up?
Speaker 4: You seem confused, like racing nascars, but with those Formula one cars, fast cars in the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the open wheel people demanse love that show. It that that show, which's been on for a few seasons now, is directly credited with the first time ever Formula One being super popular in America. People fell in love with the show and they got favorite drivers because of it. It was evidently incredibly well done. I've just never watched it. I when and whenever I'm this is people are gonna bock it. If I'm not watching one of a show with my wife or like a series we're watching, and it's like at night, I'm like, what do I want to watch? Turn on Netflix, turn on any of these streaming services. I just watch old poker tournaments, try to hone my craft a bit. The old poker go subscription watch Poker Go. Yeah, it was ten bucks a month, Brent Hanks, ten bucks a month, ten Brent Hanks, Jeff Platt, the commentary for a lot of it. The great Nick Shulman does great commentary, My guy I leave, and John who I was supposed to work with potentially at some point, does some commentary Super high roller Bowl. But here's the thing. They just had the Poker Go Tour Championship. Here's the thing that you would really laugh at me about. So like when poker used to be on TV all the time, they would take like eight hours of poker edit it give you the best fifteen hands and a forty minute thing. Right, what I'm watching is like the Poker Go Championship demonse when you click play on it, it said seven hours and twenty eight minutes, And it's just seven hours and twenty eight minutes with no editing of every hand. And I'll watch the whole thing. I'll have to break it up into pieces. But like when I finish this podcast and get in the car to go to work it, I'll probably watch, Yeah, get a nice little ten minutes and I, you know, learn new strategies, figure this stuff out, watch the best players in the world. So I don't have I can't say I don't have the time to watch these documentaries. I just use my time, you know, in other ways. This is what it is. All Right, we got questions from you guys in the chat. We'll answer them next. What's right?
Speaker 6: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like, you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back in. Let's get to your guys, listener questions and viewer questions. I should say, DeMont, go ahead, Houselton said.
Speaker 4: You should be able to apply for replacement online. Uh, they let you do everything online now in Missouri.
Speaker 3: So that's about Demont's driver's license. That would be great and he did try that, and he sent in the stuff. Here's the thing. Demant sent in all the paperwork, and then the day he sent it in, I saw him and I was like, you send that stuff and he said yeah. And I just said to him, I was like, do you include any money? And he had this such a like despondent look. He was like, no, I probably should have, but it didn't say anywhere on their requirements how much to send. And I do wonder we're talking about this off the air because Demante has a valid Missouri driver's license, but his moving to California and has misplaced the physical license and doesn't want to have to fly to Kansas City weight line of the d m V go through that whole rigamarole.
Speaker 4: This place might be a stretch. Okay, it was stolen from you from the government.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's let know, let's not think about it, and let's not tell the story of the context of you losing it. I mean, if you want to, you can. I'd recommend against it.
Speaker 4: It's really not horrible.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not it doesn't paint you in the greatest light. Uh, and not stole by the government. It's not. It doesn't matter, demands demanse demanse Uh lost his license in a vehicle. Now it sounds like it was a copy. It wasn't sorry about that. That wasn't good, h demands demanse The right before the podcast started, demanse Uh heard his shoulder badly and had to take an ambulance to local Hosmays and never gave it back to him. So that I guess the other thing. Hey, everybody, if you're a New York City paramedic and you're just holding on to an old license, go ahead and just mail it to Trentage and so he needs one. What we were discussing off the air was maybe they can't charge for a license in Missouri because back I've had to get an extra license like eight bucks. But in Missouri now you have to have ID to vote. So maybe part of the way they got around that being a poll tax is by making licenses free as long as you failed out the paper work. I don't know, all right, next.
Speaker 4: Uh insulent, insulted, consultive as I was gonna say insulation, insultive as who would be more successful Mac Jones with Shannyan or Praty with Belichick.
Speaker 3: Mac Jones with Shanning, I think that question. Yeah, I think any quarterback would be successful with Shanning. I think, truly any quarterback would be I think Mac Jones would just be a slight worst version of Jimmy g With Shanahan, I really do all right.
Speaker 4: Next, Jamison asked why hasn't Andy Reid had any coach Coach of the Year consideration, especially after all the Tyreek All the Tyreek was the offense talk. Yeah, he's never won Coach of the Year since he's been there, since he's been in case, this should be the.
Speaker 3: Year, Listen, I actually think Shanahan should win Coach of the Year this year. They're thirteen and four and they're on the third different quarterbacks, so I think he should win Coach of the Year. But I do think Coach of the Year has a bias against teams that are expected to be good, and so you're become a victim of your own success. Like Brian Dable might win it. Why because they've overachieved, you know what I mean. Kevin O'Connell, a rookie coach for the Vikings, might win it because they've overachieved. Belichick doesn't win it often. Andy Reid doesn't win it often it's a weird award where you get it's not really always about who did the best coaching job. It's kind of about who did the most surprising coaching job. All right, last one, gab.
Speaker 4: Bill, ask bigger regret losing NERD contest because you missed Easter Island or losing relay race because you faked injury. Losing NERD contest?
Speaker 3: Yeah, games, you know, i'd say say it to my face Gabe, but god knows, Gabe didn't show it for work today, so he's just watching from his palatial estate on the beach. Oh he's there. Oh no, Gabe's there. Oh I got burnt when they showed the control room earlier. He wasn't in there. Oh god, hell, what a bad beat for me, so to have they forgave it the bigger regret? Listen, I should be a good person and say the bigger regrets losing. What he's referring referencing is we were in the state finals of the four by eight hundred night and you.
Speaker 4: Started acting like you were limping, but you had ran the fastest one that you've ever Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought I was doing terribly and I want to be blamed for our team falling off the podium, So with like two hundred yards left, I faked a hamstring injury and limped it in. But I actually was running the best I'd ever run. I still have like that weird feeling in the pit of my stomach about that, like regret, and I mean that on that team was the current mayor of Kansas City for real, Quinn Lucas was on that team. My good friend Jason Bastrom, I mean my girlfriend at the time, her brother Eric Blatt. I cost him all a metal failed the team. It was my best friend, my girlfriend's brother, and my good friend Quentin who's now the mayor of Kansas City.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: But the answer is the Easter Island question. It still haunts me, Okay. I feel like I would have made like the news if a first grader won a school wide geography bee ye, I feel like you know what I mean, Maybe it all worked out for the best. I feel like that was like a fork in the road moment of my life, and I just didn't know about Easter Island. No one else will make that mistake though. All right, there's a good show. Good job pal uh Once again, anybody with any connections with the Missouri DMV. You know, I should probably be able to hit.
Speaker 4: Up your dad.
Speaker 3: No, the mayor of Kansas City should be able to call it off favor. In my goodness, gracious, I donated to his campaign. I actually didn't. You want to know something that's really embarrassing and then we'll move on. But he knows this. I told him this, I admitted it. Quintin is the mayor of Kansas City. He was my good friend in high school. I he and I are been buddies for twenty five years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know what this is.
Speaker 3: When he was I don't think you do know. When he was running for mayor, a guy named Jason Candor was also running in the beginning. Jason then dropped out of it. He was dealing with some PTSD from the war. And Candor I thought, like, might be president one day. Okay, Quinton might be present one day. By the way, And even though Quinton was my dear friend and I went all the way back with him early in the race, I was kind of rooting for Candor. I just thought I thought, I didn't I underestimated Quinton to his credit. I thought, because there's like this whole primary. I thought Candor was more likely to be able to beat some of the other people that I really didn't want to be mare of my hometown, and I didn't know that Quinton could do it, and instead Quinton trounced him and it's done a great job. And so one day I had to DM Quinton. Was like a confession time. I kind of was supporting the other guy in the beginning, but then I came over to your side.
Speaker 4: It's not great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I really do be your own people. With that said, if we get some help with the Missouri DMB for Demanse's license, that'd be great. Great show everybody, mostly Me and Demonse and Matt and Victor and Daniel and Kara. Gabe just threw in one snide question while drinking his coffee. Talk to you guys on tomorrow for the gambling show What Right