Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: Hi, am all in again with Scott Patterson and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 3: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in Podcast, one of them productions. iHeart Radio Media, iHeart Podcast. Luke Steiner with the one and only you Know Where you love her from Full House.
Speaker 1: Jody Sweeten too, Hi, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell the fans a little bit about you go for it, because there's a lot to know, but we've got to edit it down. She's an American actress, director, podcaster, activist, mother of two, best known as Stephanie Tanner in Full House nineteen eighty seven through ninety five.
Speaker 1: Boy, that's a good long run and fuller House. Man, that's nice to get that reboot. But keep it going.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Seasons yeah, well five Netflix seasons, which is you know, thirteen to eighteen episodes, but still we'll take it.
Speaker 1: No, not bad at all, No residuals, but you get the you know, the pop pera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know that's the thing is all your soul for ten years or so and then no, look, it was being on Netflix was awesome though it was such a it.
Speaker 1: Is right, it's kind of cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Now, she's a co host of podcast how Rude Tanner Redos Yes with Andrew Barber, and her new movie Dateless to Dangerous My Son's Secret Life premiered on June twenty first on Lifetime.
Speaker 1: She published a memoir, Unsweetened, which takes readers behind the scenes of full House and into a real life story yeah, addiction and recovery.
Speaker 2: That one actually came out in two thousand and nine, and I just released I just did the audiobook.
Speaker 4: Version of it, so yeah, which was a trip to go.
Speaker 2: Back and you know, read stories from fifteen, sixteen years ago, and you know who I was fifteen or sixteen years ago, and some of the things you go through, you're like, oh, man, I would write that totally differently today, or I would, you know.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I'm still really proud of it.
Speaker 2: But if anything, it made me go maybe maybe there's another book in there.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: So twenty twenty two, you're a contestant on Food Networks Worst Cooks in America Celebrity Edition.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, what prompted you to go on that show?
Speaker 2: So I've done like just a few reality shows. I did Dancing with the Stars, I did Worst Cooks, and I did one called Beyond the Edge, and it was because I wanted to learn how to ballroom dance. I always wanted to learn how to cook. And then Beyond the Edge was living in the jungles of Panama for two weeks and like pushing myself you know, sort of physically mentally, and that was something that I'll sounded really challenging. So basically, when they, you know, asked me to do Worst Cooks, I was like, oh, yeah, I'm not a great cook, and I was like to get to learn from like two chefs and have fun with other people that I know and grew up with from TV shows in the nineties.
Speaker 4: Like I was like, sure, that sounds awesome, and it was.
Speaker 2: But it was also, until the Panama Show, no joke, the hardest work schedule I've ever had in my life. We did a nineteen hour day. Oh one day, like we're you were cooking at like one am, You're cooking full meals because your team doesn't get around to shooting that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It was like we were delirious half the time, just absolutely delirious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it was really fun and challenging.
Speaker 1: Wow, So was that your worst moment on that show?
Speaker 2: Oh god, no, no, I believe my worst moment, if I remember correctly, I think I threw a fit about shrimp. I was somewhere in like it was like I think it was episode I don't know, maybe like four to three.
Speaker 4: Like we were like a little.
Speaker 2: Bit into it, and the same thing happened on the other two shows. It's like that when you reach your peak tired stress moment and your brain just shuts down and like it literally can't think, like you can't go from step A to step B.
Speaker 4: That is exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: And I totally screwed up the shrimp and it wasn't where and nothing was going right, and I just I was so pissed that and my chef, chef Jeff Morrow, who was lovely, was like, joke, what's going on? And I was like I'm just just stupid shrimp and I can't whatever. It was like, I just I lost it and I and I gave up.
Speaker 4: I just I was like I can't, John, I don't care.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, uh Wan in doubt blame it on the shrimp.
Speaker 2: It's true, like you never know, and I'm almost sure it was shrimp. It was something that like it just I did it totally in the wrong order or maybe yeah, it was like breading something and I just did it all in the wrong order. So I screwed everything up. And then I was like, I'm not I don't even care, I.
Speaker 3: Know, right, So what do your daughters think about your cooking? Do they help you in the kitchen?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: I am actually, uh incredibly fortunate, and my husband does all of the cooking. Oh and uh he's always like looking up new recipes and coming up nothing like crazy fancy, but like just good, easy, cook yummy recipes. He loves trying out new stuff, like it's kind of his thing. So I am more than happy to let him take that over.
Speaker 3: Has he ever prepared something where you all just looked at each other and like when, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, Like there's been there's been not even like like terrible terrible, but there's been things where we were like, yeah, well, well we don't have to cook that again.
Speaker 4: That was not that was not.
Speaker 2: Like things where you're like, I don't I feel like they forgot to add salt or seasoning. Yeah, but no, I'm very lucky in that he does like the grocery shopping, the and the cooking at the house right because I try and buy healthy stuff, like I'll go and you know, and everyone in the house is like, oh mom, stop, like what is this right?
Speaker 1: Well, so as you're cooking improved since you've been on the show.
Speaker 4: And you get some tips, my tip is to.
Speaker 2: Have a team of people who pick out all of the best produce and ence and place it there for you to choose from, and also have professional grade everything and then be able to throw it all in a bin and have someone else clean it. So what I found is I love the cooking part that's really fun. It's everything else around it that you have to do that is that I really hate.
Speaker 1: I don't mind the prep so much. I kind of like the prep.
Speaker 2: No, the prep, the prep and the all, but like literally the grocery shopping and the picking of like the perfect most ripe everything.
Speaker 4: I don't know what, you know, is it ripe? Is it not?
Speaker 2: I get it and I'm like, oh, that's a hard avocado or you know, I don't do that exactly. Everything was like laid out exactly perfectly. So that's how I found I like to cook, but no, I will say when I came back my husband would be cooking dinner, and I became that guy that would be like, actually, you want to heat that up a little bit?
Speaker 4: Oh no, and I know, and he would like look at me, and I was like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, oh no, because I couldn't help it because it was like I just learned all this stuff, and so it was like I see him be trying to do stuff, and I was like trying to help him, right, And I was like, actually, you don't want to saute gar like that high. You're gonna burn it. You want to just throw it in there for a flash, and they and I was like.
Speaker 4: Shut up, shut up. Yeah. He just looked at me, and I was like, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: I cook a lot.
Speaker 3: I put on an album, you know, I put on the entire oh yeah, yeah, usually from the seventies and uh, classic rock, and I'll just I'll just I'll just I'll do the prep, I'll do everything, serve all that stuff.
Speaker 1: And it's always perfectly timed. Somehow. I always time it to the very last note of the album.
Speaker 4: Amazing, it's ready. That's impressive. That is really impressive.
Speaker 1: To get into the rhythm of the album.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Now my he definitely does that, like there will be he'll put music on and he's just like in his zone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And nobody's allowed in the kitchen or or in my areas when I'm don't get in my.
Speaker 2: Don't get in the way, because inevitably you're always going for the same drawer or cabinet or you're in.
Speaker 4: This just just move please move.
Speaker 1: Out my way. Cannot here to assist me.
Speaker 4: Right exactly if you're not my soux chef, get out of the way.
Speaker 1: Out of the way. You're not authorized to be here. What's your favorite dish to make?
Speaker 4: Ooh, I like I like baking.
Speaker 2: I like doing like cookies, brownies, stuff like that. Like a seven layer bar one of the easiest and most delicious things that I have made for years, and I don't even know where I found the recipe. Uh, it's s'mores bars. And basically you take like a gram cracker, like a crushed gram cra which you can either do yourself or buy the store, and line a nine by thirteen pan with buttered Graham cracker crumbs and you press it down to make like a crust, and then you take semi sweet chocolate chips butterscotch chips, mini marshmallows, and a can of condensed sweetened milk and you pour it over the top and then you bake it for like twenty five minutes.
Speaker 4: And I have made that. It's the easiest thing to make.
Speaker 2: I would take it to work and people loved it, like it's addicting and deliciously good and it takes you all of thirty minutes to do.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, yeah. Yeah. It's kind of a perfect like summertime thing.
Speaker 2: And if you just kind of keep you know, a few things on hand, you can throw it together at any time.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, beautiful. You think Stephanie Tanner would be a better cook than Odie Sweden.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think Steph is a cook either. I think Steph Steph is uh. She's a great like songwriter, really creative musically, not as creative in the kitchen, right, Yeah, you can't do it all. No, no, you can't.
Speaker 4: And it's as.
Speaker 1: Lucky you get one.
Speaker 4: It's true. It's true. So yeah, not don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Steph would be a cook, but I know that she would probably be a foodie, you know what I mean, Like definitely likes to go try newest restaurants, different things, different.
Speaker 4: Styles of food.
Speaker 2: It's all about that kind of stuff, but doesn't necessarily want to do.
Speaker 4: It all herself.
Speaker 3: So my character had a diner, right right, Luke's Diner. Yeah, everybody knows Luke Steiner. You think you could hang in there, work in a shift in Luke Steiner?
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I think you could too.
Speaker 2: I think I could. One thing I'm really good at is being in chaos. Like when I'm in a chaotic situation, it's when I am weirdly uh the most calm and clear headed, which says a lot about me.
Speaker 4: But uh but no, it's.
Speaker 2: Like I I, uh, yeah, I definitely Like I worked in you know, drug and alcohol treatment for several years, and I've done a lot of protest actions on the street and things, and when chaos breaks out, I'm usually like, oh, okay, I know this, So yeah I could. I think I could hang It would not be easy and I would probably uh forget things as a server.
Speaker 1: No, I think you would. I think you would impose order on that place. I think you. I think you would know how to do it.
Speaker 4: I think I would. I you know, I but I worked in treatment.
Speaker 2: I had a staff of like one hundred and twenty people under me, So I feel like I'm good at running a team of people right in chaotic situations.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I did that too in New York. Right when I lived in New York, I did that too. Yeah, oh awesome. I used to help out hero recovering heroin addicts.
Speaker 4: I love that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I loved working in treatment and it was again a completely new skill set.
Speaker 4: And I became a director of operations.
Speaker 2: So I worked in like the planning of the chaos.
Speaker 1: Right, right, If you could share a meal with any Gilmore characters, who would it be and.
Speaker 4: Why it would be? It would be Lorelei.
Speaker 2: Right, because I have two girls. I had them relatively young, I mean not as young as Lauraai, but like relatively young, and I feel like she and.
Speaker 4: I would have a lot to.
Speaker 2: Talk about as far as being like mom single mom at times going through you know, uh, I feel like the relationship that we have with our daughters as like also being friends. Not that we're not like mom and in charge, but that it's just a you have a different relationship. I think when you have kids a little bit younger, you're still kind of like oh yeah, I'm still figuring me out.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I think that's who I would choose.
Speaker 1: Proved that previous generation we can do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, like this exactly.
Speaker 1: It's it's not a bad thing, all right. If you were to walk into Luke Steiner, okay, we know you want to Uh what would you order? And where would you sit?
Speaker 2: I definitely, I mean i'd sit by a window. I was like a window and I'd like to sit like in a corner by the window.
Speaker 1: I got you, I got I know exactly where I'm gonna put you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wanna I wanna watch what's going on. I want to see other tables. I want to make up stories about what they're doing. I want to see the you know, the kitchen, the servers, the host.
Speaker 4: Weird people that walk in. I just need to see it all.
Speaker 1: Got the perfect table for it.
Speaker 4: Corner window, view of everybody. And what would I order?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: Something I love at diners is gravy fries. You ever had gravy fries? Sure?
Speaker 1: I grew up on them.
Speaker 4: Okay, they're not the youth or like what is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't, but my mom introduced me to gravy fries, going to like fifties diners, you know, fifties replica diners as a kid, because she's like, this is what we ordered. So that's kind of my staple diner thing. It's basically poutine minus the cheese curds.
Speaker 1: Got it, got it.
Speaker 3: Got it, Jody, you gotta come back, Yes, well I gotta.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go study and then I'm gonna come back.
Speaker 1: No, you don't, just you don't have just it's better if you don't. It's better if you don't.
Speaker 2: Well, it's I've done live shows with our friends at Podmeats World, and we both quizzed each other on each other's shows. And the best part was none of us had ever watched each other's shows, and so we were making They were like, who is this character?
Speaker 4: It was like shown up on the screen, and we would just make up some ridiculous story because we.
Speaker 2: Were like, I don't know, so I'm just gonna be ridiculous about it. Yeah, So I think it's kind of common. Everyone's like, yeah, I mean, we grew up together, but I never watched a show.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll do that. Let's plan on an episode where we quiz each other on our oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yes, or where we watch an episode and we review it together.
Speaker 4: I'm down for good. That's good, that's good, totally down.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your.
Speaker 4: Time, absolutely, Scott. It was a pleasure, absolute pleasure.
Speaker 3: And check out Jody's podcast How Rude Tanner Ritos.
Speaker 1: It's doing very well.
Speaker 2: It is doing really well, you know, very well. We're very excited it's doing really well. The full and Fuller House fans are just phenomenal and loyal and wonderful and loving. So yeah, I'm excited because I have the best time with Andrew Barber doing our show.
Speaker 1: All right, good deal, good deal. Anyway, thanks for the time.
Speaker 4: We'll talk absolutely. Thanks Scott.
Speaker 3: You're very very welcome, and remember, best fans on the planet.
Speaker 1: Keep those cards and letters coming. Where you lead, we will follow.
Speaker 5: Stay safe, hey, everybody again.
Speaker 3: Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.