Speaker 1: Manny Machado, No, let's play ball. Welcome and everybody in a fantasy Bros. This is leading off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports Books. It's me, Joey Pa, Joe. Pi's apn with me today, of course is the Welsh and it's you, and we're recapping a glorious weekend of Major League Baseball and of course, happy Father's Day. Hopefully everybody had a lovely weekend. I know Welsh was out at the campgrounds shipping some arrows, playing a little hawk guy. I hope everybody else out there had a lovely Father's Day and you got to spend some time with your dads, and if you're a dad, that you got some time with the kids or some time to yourself or a little bit of both and enjoyed the weekend. I spent the weekend with my daughter coaching football, and we were able to come away with not one, but two championships in two different leagues. All the belts. I am the Roman Reigns of flag football coach.
Speaker 2: You know, Joe.
Speaker 3: They always say what role We always question what role does a manager a coach really play in the championship? What would you say, how much of that championship are you putting on yourself?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 2: Two championships.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I think when you have kids that you're still teaching to play football. I think more than you might realize. You know. The funny part is too, when you're working with the kids. And I got so lucky, man. I had a great all girls team this year, and I had a fantastic team of the co Ed's where my daughter plays. You know, she was the only fourth graders all it's third and fourth grade. But we only had one other fourth grader and he got hurt. And we have been to have just a fast team, and we had to play a different kind of game. We had to play fast, we had to play defense. And guess what defense does win championships? So there you go, there you have it. I'm just like I said, sometimes you get lucky. Sometimes you get kids and you can't get them to play together or pay attention. And other times they listen and they do what they're supposed to do and they get excited and play for each other and it's a beautiful thing. And it was the best Father's Day gift ever because I was so happy for those teams. That they got to do what they got to do.
Speaker 2: So our congratulation, Belichick.
Speaker 1: That's right. I'm I'm I'm gonna announce, you know, next year I'm leaving flag football to go coach at Ohio State. So I've just you know, been really just been blessed with this time in my life. Well we'll see how that goes. But anyway, enough flag football. Let's talk about baseball here, and let's talk about Christian Walker's two home runs to win on Sunday, Mike Trout hitting his twenty first home run against Uh. You know, Uh, let me tell you, Mike Trout continues to bounce back. You know, there was a little bit of a lull there. We had the Trout window where that was like your time to buy Trout and it was probably going to shut very quickly. That's gone now, you know, he's still in this MVP conversation, although I still say it's impossible with Otani there. Andrew Heiney uh did come back and pitch on Sunday, So getting a little boost there in that Dodger rotation. To ask Hernandez who was another big by low. We've been talking about Bogwin and I've been talking about him. He's still a lineup fielder in DFS. He had to go ahead homer for the Yankees. I know. Over the weekend, the Yankees finally solved Alec Manola for the first time, so that was interesting to see. Ian Anderson combined for a shutout against the Cubs and Carnassi Oone delivers a grand slam. Robbie Grossman, Yes, that Robbie Grossman did something. Four Ribbies and a homer. Good for you. Nick Pavetta strikes out ten and a win over the Cardinals. More on Pavetta later in the show, and with his dad watching Jackson Winsky three homers in one game, including the walkoff. That's a pretty nice moment there, Welsh. Don't you think on Foday for Jacks Barrow.
Speaker 2: You know, well, I'm gonna throw in another one as well.
Speaker 3: That didn't get put on this list because it's a lowly Diamondbacks Jackson Swinsky insane with three homers, whether it we just won the three is just such a cool dad moment. But also Buddy Kennedy with the Arizona Diamondbacks, who just came up the other day, hit his first career homer, which was a Grand Slam with his dad in the crowd. And Buddy Kennedy's just an interesting story because speaking of Mike Trout, he's been famously one of those Jersey kids who trained with Mike Trout and built a relationship with Mike Trout, and that was his big story.
Speaker 2: Comes up.
Speaker 3: We got multiple big homers and big situations with dads, which I thought was cool. Buddy Kennedy quills Swinsky insane. Swinsky also, by the way, a little bit more relevant as far as fantasy pickups go.
Speaker 2: He's a guy what I was looking at.
Speaker 1: Of course, Mike Mayer's favorite Father's Day moment was Reee Hoskins denying a fan of baseball, running over catching a pop up on the first base side, pretending to give it to the fan and then turning and throwing it back into the infield, and the crowd booed him rightfully. So now I don't know if you know he was getting booze from the crowd or he was getting taunted over there, Who knows what was going on. That's kind of a jerk move, especially on Father's Day to do. So how do you rank this?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: This Reese Hoskins moment a complete jerk move and awesome or could just just jerk move one to Mayor? Where does this fall?
Speaker 3: Ooh okay from un jerk to mayor jerk phrasing, this is like a six. I think this is like a like a six area. I mean, this is pretty appropriate. Like the one I think about is like the ten the Ultimate Mayor. Do you remember that video of that, Like that woman who just snags the ball from the kid and then just like yeah, yeah it just like is like showing it to everybody in the kid's face and the kid starts crying and she has no empathy, Like that's Mayor.
Speaker 2: Like that's Mayor no empathy. Like if a.
Speaker 3: Dad had stolen it from a kid and then everybody just stared at him and maybe cheered the dad, like that would have been a Mayor moment.
Speaker 2: But this is like a six on the uh on the whole real on the Mayor scale exactly.
Speaker 1: The jerk store called they're all out of you. All right, let's get to the injuries, because that's really what everybody wants to talk about. So first, I didn't think we'd be starting with this one. I thought we were starting with Mookie Betts. But it's never gonna start with many Machado diagnosed with a left ankle sprain. Now, look, this can take a while longer than you realize. I think everybody's just breathing a sigh of relief that it wasn't more than that, because when it happened, it looked like it could be far, far worse. It could have been an achilles thing, and could have been in a broken ankle, could have been a lot of things. It wasn't quite a Jason Kendall moment. First, base that do.
Speaker 2: You ever get that anxiety?
Speaker 3: Oh totally. Do you forget that anxiety? Every time I see guys coming in fast and doing that leg stretch at that Oh yeah, Base, I get that every time. I'm like, God, look good and then as soon as they pop up, you're just like, what just went out something?
Speaker 1: And he slid right over the top of the bag there, just hit it, you know, hit a trampoline.
Speaker 2: It was like bam bam. Then he just flew over.
Speaker 1: Well, he hit it and slid. It was the slide and then he just that was it from there. But look, CJ. Abers might get the call up. That's that's apparently what's on the docket next. He might be joining the Padres today, so we'll keep an eye on what's going on there.
Speaker 3: That he was pulled from the lineup yesterday and it's all butt official that he's going to be back.
Speaker 1: Now here's a question for you. You know, the Padres offense has actually been good lately Coroninworth. Although terrible at home this year, he's really picked things up of late. Luke Void's been on a hot streak. So if you are going to be without Machado for any period of time, you know, it feels like the perfect timing if this has to happen. I know they don't have Tattis either, that's a lot of pressure. But even Profar at the top of that lineup, it's been good lately. I feel like if they were going to have this happen, this might be the time for it to happen. And also, you know, Luke Void's capable of having a run. We've seen this with the Yankees before. He just gets red hot for two weeks and he's about as good as anybody could get. I mean he's not, but he can be for a period. So do you think the Padres offense can sustain here without Machado entitis now for any pero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think so.
Speaker 3: I mean I wouldn't call it the perfect time because the perfect time would be right as Tatis is back. But yeah, pitching has been pretty good outside of Musgrove going on COVID list. Like you said, I think cronin Worth to me, is kind of the lynchpin of all of that, Like they need him to be working. He's a catalyst. He's one of those fantasy glue pieces I've talked about before, like our Ty France has been that like that. He needs to be hitting in some capacity to keep going. So yeah, I think so. And also what I'm I'm intrigued about, especially c J. Abrams, I'll tell you in TGFBI. I've had him on my roster and I put him in to start this week because there's something about this is a really mature hitter who obviously can fly around bases. When he got sent back down, he just started hitting for power again. There is definitely something to be told about these young guys. When you come up to the majors, you don't have success, you go back down, you absolutely dominate.
Speaker 2: You have a lot of Yeah, you have a lot.
Speaker 3: Of experience you get to work off of, and a lot of things you get to change down that I kind of think this could be one of those huge positives where CJ. Abrams comes back and he can take all of those experiences in those things he's learned from being sent down and going back down to Triple A, and he can find some success early on. So I think he is somebody that you should tentatively be picking up this week if you have not already because of that poor start, because they're gonna also have to manufacture, you might have more running. CJ should be running at all opportunities. So I'm pretty optimistic about CJ. Abrams in this call up time, and he might be one of the pieces why this offense keeps going.
Speaker 1: And the pitcher's gonna have to carry them too. I mean, that's what the Podgers are built on. Anyway. At the same time, I still think, and I'll stamp by this, I've said it weeks now that they should get another bat. So if you were playing on doing it anyway, now's the time. Go out and do it now, do it a month earlier, Just be aggressive and go make this move now, and just so eventually when you get Tatis back and eventually you get Michadle back, then you're in even better shape. Mister too. Is it is now the time to bet Mchadel for MVP or is it over? I don't think it's over, But I wouldn't be betting it now if you haven't already. I wouldn't betting it because you don't know how he's going to bounce back, or how that's going to be, how much time he's going to miss, what it's going to look like when he does come back. Is the timing is good to take a little while to get better. Is he favoring the ankle a little bit? There's a lot of things. There's also whenever you have a high ankle sprain or any kind of severe ankle sprain. I know because I've had more than one in my life. There's also the ability to re injure it quicker. It's a little bit weaker than it was, so you you tend to roll it a second time. Typically it's not usually as bad. But if you have investments in Machado, you're just leaving him alone and hoping for the best. But I don't think this is the time to invest in him, I don't. I think you missed that time to invest.
Speaker 2: I think I'm a little bit more pessimistic than you.
Speaker 3: Like, if I'm on a book and I had betmany Machado and that they would let me buy.
Speaker 2: Out, I'd buy out. I think I'm not sure why.
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 3: Definitely is the moment, but I would be buying out on it. And I think that is kind of gone that whole MVP. I mean, Daniel Contra has been incredible. I just don't think like this could be quite a bit and this could be significant enough time. It was already a pretty like long shot. I know he had been amazing, but it was a pretty long shot for him to take that home in the NL.
Speaker 1: I know he was like, oh, he became the number one, right, I understand that, but I already range and then I think he ended up at three to one by the time we got close to it. But look, if anything, watched the number and if it goes really high, if it goes to seven over the next couple of weeks or something like that, I think maybe to do a small share if you want to, but I would just watch it closely. It's probably out. It's tough. I understand why you're out. I don't think that's wrong either. Speaking of out, Mooie Betts is going to be out. He's on the ten day il with a cracked rib. Those are very difficult injuries, yes, very painful injuries. So that is you know, look, I sat here in March, I sat here in April. I told you the Dodgers are not invincible. And how often have we seen these super teams, you know, in sports that don't end up winning. You know, the worst case scenarios can and will happen. And there was no money to be made on the Dodgers. Now in terms of fantasy investment, sure you want to invest in this team, I get it, But there they have had a challenge. This is about a lot of challenge between the Kershaw injury, between Walker Bueller being hurt, now the Mookie Bets injury. They're facing more challenges ahead despite getting hemiback. You also, you know, don't know what gonsolin second half is going to look like. I mean, this is there's a lot going on there. Muncie Bellinger, all the issues that Bellingers had this year. I don't know, man Like I feel like the Padres even with these injuries are still in a place where they can still take home this division. But from a fantasy standpoint, Mookie Bets is the guy that you know really gets this lineup going. He is a huge part of what's going on. He is also right at the top of that MVB conversation. Now he's gonna take a hit there. And this is amazing because if you had gold Schmidt shares, like I did. I know some people here in the show did. I'm sure, uh mister cards did for gold Smith gold Schmidt. Right now, you have to be loving life because you ast Pachado and Bets in the same weekend. And now, if you had Goldmin shares, he is by far the favorite right now.
Speaker 3: In my mind, you've gotta be fee I totally agree. You've got to be feeling great. Yeah, I agree with what you're saying about the Dodgers. I mean, they've still got Tree Turner as a table setter. They still got Freddy.
Speaker 2: Freeman in there.
Speaker 3: I mean, even with all the injuries, like their offense is still kind of a problem. They're piece mailing together. The rotation left and right, Andrewheny coming back is real positive. They're like the here's the thing that happened with them. They went from like superhuman, so they're just on par with being you know human, that's all that it is. They didn't they weren't one of these teams that was like like take the Padres, you take man name Machado with Tatis off the Padres. We gotta be honest here, they don't look great. The Dodgers just took Mookie Betts off and Walker Buehler and they've still got a really great rotation and they've got a really great lineup. So they're just more human. They're more accessible to be able to be beat. But all these teams should be more aggressive, and it does open up opportunities for some Dodgers out there. You know, if Chris Taylor can start getting hot again, maybe that team is going to give more opportunities in the you know, in the miners. This is another thing to consider on both sides of the aisle on this is that superchoos are now over in baseball, so you could theoretically start expecting that teams are not going to be holding anybody back that was close on you know Cruz, prime example, he got the call in, Yeah, Vinnie Paspentino could be one of those players to just be on the lookout for it.
Speaker 1: So here's the current over at bet MGM. You have Goldschmid at plus one seventy five, but Chato is already up to plus five hundred. Alonso went from twelve to seven over the weekend. He's been red hot to I Big Grand Slam this weekend too. I've been saying that Alonzo really deserves a lot more credit. I feel like the narrative for Alonzo Surrey to build a little bit because you have had him be out there without the two big pictures and they continue to. I mean, he is very much the team leader I feel like too, especially from the non pictures from the position players. So I mean that Alonzo one is a fascinating one. He could work himself into this conversation quite a bit. Although it would be super notxious to have Judge and Pete a Lonzo take home the two MVPs in the American League National League, but we shall see. Yeah, super East Coast bias. Speaking of the East Coast bias, Max Suerz is going to make a rehab start Tuesday and hopefully is going to take them Mount for the Mets on Sunday, So I just put him back in my lineup on all my lineups this week that I had him, and just say hope for the best on Sunday. Let's go Eloya Menez is close to resuming his rehab. He got it shut down last week because he had some soreness in that hamstring. Now it looks like he is ready to get back on track of this week fingers crossed. And also friend mil rayis with the hamstring returning on Tuesday. But let's talk about this. You mentioned super too, You mentioned Anio Cruz. Cruz started slow in Triple A this year and he hit just a buck seventy six with one dinger. Since then, Cruise is slashing two sixty five, three sixty seven, five hundred with eight homers and a one thirty WRC plus. So take us through, mister prospect one, the Anio Cruz profile and that those of us who have him on rosters should expect here in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, Onio Cruz is a they're swing and miss in the game, but it is absolute pure raw power. I mean, tippy top seven whatever they want to call it, degraded seventy seventy five. It's crazy, crazy raw power. He just doesn't have crazy decisive back to ball skills. He's going to strike out some he can steal. He's a monster six foot seven.
Speaker 2: He was a shortstop.
Speaker 3: This team is obviously long term, not gonna groom him in that role. It was interesting over the weekend that situation with I think the COVID issue where Live Paguero came up to play short stop. The Pirates have been calling up everybody and their mother. I mean, they're gonna have an entire new team. I think the roster that the Pirates in with could in theory only have key Brian Hayes, you know, at the end of Bryn Reynolds, those two, like those two guys would be the only guys that were opening day to end, and it's going to be the rest ONEO Cruise is a guy you should pick up. I personally am not insanely optimistic. He had bonkers projections off of like three games and some triple A ones that I was very critical of. And I said he'd be one of the bigger bus this year that people were drafting.
Speaker 1: Here we go, but and he hasn't even played a game at the big right.
Speaker 3: But he's a power speed guy that you should consider. But looking at the grand scheme, I'd rather have Abrams. I'd rather have Riley Green, who was called up this week, and Vinnie pas Quentino if he were to get the call up in the next week, would be a really interesting one. I'm exactly, I'm not hyper aggressive on ONeill, but he's a power speed guy who's going to strike out a bunch. I think I'll have a poor batting average, but he's gonna get home hit homers at like you know, he had one hundred and twenty. He had the hardest hit ball for the Pirates in the stat cast era. That's the type of guy that he is. He's volatile, you know, sexy.
Speaker 1: I feel like we're all burned by the you know, the Gregory Polanco's and you know, like the Pittsburgh system has been underwhelming in terms of the expectations. Austin Meadows is another guy that I just I always thought was just hyped over to the moon and not as good as he where we were told he was going to be a couple of good questions here, first with Anyo Cruz from the Pians and Cracker Jackson. Does a six foot seven guy stick at shortstop in your opinion, Welsh, I say, no, what are you saying.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I haven't thought he would for two and a half years when this conversation has been going on.
Speaker 2: He wants to. Though there was there's a little.
Speaker 1: I want to do a lot of things. That doesn't mean it happens.
Speaker 3: I mean there's a little little issue where when he sit back down, he was playing in the outfield and he was kind of interviewed about it and he was like, I don't want to play in the outfield, Like he was kind of critical about the Pirates doing that.
Speaker 2: But he's not going to play. They could throw him there, you know, because Liover is not going to stay up. There's the possibility of.
Speaker 3: That, But he's an outfielder for me. He is an outfielder for sure, big arm. But also like, is that gonna affect him?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I think I think there's something.
Speaker 3: To him, like I don't want to play in Triple A. Maybe he played down. Maybe he's gonna play up when he gets to the majors, but he's gonna be pissed off of he's not a short stop. I just don't also see logistically how a six foot seven shortstop is the best use of what they want.
Speaker 1: But four or six five, I can't remember. It was a big guy, say he was at least six four.
Speaker 2: Maybe they moved him. They moved off of that as soon as they.
Speaker 1: He eventually moved their base, but that happened way later in the career.
Speaker 2: Say that you can't athletically do it.
Speaker 1: It's just it's and it's also like tear on a guy of that size too, that you don't want to see.
Speaker 3: That's a really really key point. He's also not a thick guy like Alex Rodrigo. This is a he's a really skinny guy that there might be some injury concerns long term.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although ad was when he was younger too, I mean when he but he was not not like the big leages. No, you're not like he's not gonna not gonna project to fill out the same way as a rod did. And of course a special vitamins always helped. Also to answer another question here from a legacy six six, would I be getting into mooie bets for MVP now or my I was into movie mookie bets for MVP in the first place. So I was never on that, so I'm not gonna be on it now. Anyway. Let's move on to us some more news here and Nick Pivetta fun facts. Nick Pavetta's last nine starts, he is seven to one with a one to seven seven ERA, sixty one strikeouts, point eight four whip. Since May ninth. He ranks first and wins second in k's fourth and whip fifth and ERA. This is the Nick Pavetta. All the Fantasy nerds a couple of years ago, we're dying to get in Philadelphia, didn't get Philadelphia gave up. Fantasy Nerds gave up, and Boston somehow got it right. This is one of the more surprising things in Major League Baseball in twenty twenty two. To me, the Nick Pavetta story, he's this guy is gonna be a league winner. I think.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So that's the question though, is do you think this sticks? Because you're right, this has that like there's so many of those guys. It's like the underlining stack guy who's in a place that never works out. Joe mus Grove was that, and look how he's worked out. But then there was Matthew Boyd that was destroyed never works.
Speaker 2: Do you think.
Speaker 3: Paveta is someone that can maintain this because this is a pretty lofty like this these I don't think.
Speaker 1: He can maintain a one seven one era, but I think he can. I think if you are in season long fantasy leagues, he has already given you significant contribution. When I say winner, like he has been a guy that's I mean over ten starts to get something like this, that's pretty that's a's a third of a season Welsh for a pitchure. Ten starts is a huge clump. If you get ten great starts from a guy by June, let alone ten in a row. I think if you have him in you know, head to head formats of any kind of course, you think there's gonna be some kind of regression. But at the same time, I mean, I think you didn't pay anything for him, so he's more valuable to you than he is on the open trade market.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that that last part is the key thing I'm curious about is do you think his trade value is nonexistent to the point where or it just doesn't relate to his production where you are more worth.
Speaker 2: Than trying to trade him.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't think it relates to the return on investment you made in Pivetta, which was nothing. So I don't think you're going to get something back that is equally more reliable. I should say so. But yeah, Look, Pavett has been fantastic and he's been a guy I mean how I mean for two months now, literally two months we've been talking about Pavetta on this show in DFS, right, and we keep telling you run him out there, run him out there, run him out there. And if you have, there's no way you haven't made money playing Nick Vetta. Deal. So it's just you're nuts, Like, I don't know, show me the lineups where you had Nick Vetta and you didn't win. You get tweet him at me. I want to see it. But you had to have because the price never got crazy. You're not paying ten to five for Nick Pavetta This Day in Baseball. In nineteen eighty six, after leading the club to a twenty six and thirty eight record, toying the Russa was fired as manager of the White Sox and replaced by Jim Fergozi. LaRussa would then be hired by the A's the following month, which is kind of crazy to think that a guy will get fired. Could you imagine like Joe Girardi getting hired right now or Joe Madden getting hired right now by another team. That's something you don't get Major League Baseball would be funny because I thought, maybe on this day in Major League Baseball, told Russa would get fired again by the Chicago White Sox.
Speaker 2: And maybe hired by one of those guys that's not to find it. Like Jojo, I think White Sox fans wouldn't complain.
Speaker 3: Do you think a White Sox fan would be happy if they fired Larusa today and put in Joe Girardi? Do you think that makes them happy? I think just firing Larusa would make everybody happy.
Speaker 1: I think fighting with Luis woud make him happy. But I don't think Girardi is the guy either. I don't think that's that's it.
Speaker 3: I cannot get over he. Luis is so much fun to me because he's chaos. He's just like walking chaos. I cannot get over the time I spent over at the White Sox, which was a ton during spring training at Camelback Ranch. I gotta tell you, I could not get over the fact that what LaRussa would do during all these times is he would just walk around.
Speaker 1: Shots.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm surprised that.
Speaker 3: Do what I'm telling you, he would just like walk around, never coaching, never talking to players. He'd walk over here, he'd stand here, he'd get on a golf cart. While you know, Jim Tomey and coaches are working with the players.
Speaker 2: He was just like hanging out.
Speaker 1: It was just like, hey, what.
Speaker 2: Are you doing here? He was like a reporter, just walking around. Gargle over here, gargle. I gotta hit the restroom. Like he never did anything.
Speaker 3: What would you say you do, Larusa, what do you do?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Taking the temperature. He's taking the temperature. I'm not telling you how he's taking it. It's hot, but but he's taking the temperature. Baby like a baby. All right, here you go. Here's your trivia question. All your peanuts and cracker jacks if you haven't already subscribed to Fancy Brows MLB, so you can see if you can answer the trivia question correctly. Jacksoninski, as a rookie, hit three home runs in one game. Who was the only other Pirate rookie to ever hit three home runs in a game. If you know the answer, drop it in the chat like it's hot again. Who's the only pirate rooms in Bay? Three home runs in a game?
Speaker 2: Jason Bay.
Speaker 1: Jason Bay is an excellent guess. It is not Jason Bay. And it's not Brian Giles.
Speaker 3: I misss and remember his brother Marcus Giles.
Speaker 1: Marcus, Yes, I do for the Braves right the second basement, right Marcus. Wow, Now that's a name I haven't thought of in a very long time. But no, it is not Bond JP hot out of the gate, JP, Larry said, Andy Van's liked also good, but it was Cutch. It was Andrew McCutcheon. Is the correct answer there, Well done, you earn my ever living respect. That's what. Yeah, all right, let's do a little set heroes from the weekend. Let's fly through some of these. Paveta ten K's four walks in seven innings. Robbie Ray ten strikeouts, one earned run. I saw somebody tweet at me Robbie Ray got dropped in my league. I pick him up. I was like, yeah, you should pick him up. What he crazy? He's a live pitcher. Chris Bassett nine k's three earned Shane Bieber ninek's to earn. Charlie Morton with a good start, so he got the good Charlie Morton with the nine gys and the seven innings. One of the enigma. He is Taiwan Walker at a huge start which the Mets desperately needed. One earned run, six and two thirds nine case Andy O Contra eight k's or eight innings to earned he is still unbelievable, just filthy. Aaron Nola is right up at the top of the k leaders in the National League and Major League Baseball as a whole eight innings, no earned run, eight k's, Carlos Rodan eight k's, no earned over eight. James and Tian was good with eight k's and Dylan Bundy seven k's and eight innings one earned run. And these are all the guys that had multiple home runs this weekend. Josh Bell had three. CJ. Crawn back on Track hit three, Hunter Renfro hit three. That's very important for that Brew crew, Mike Trout with his three, Noan Aeronauto had two, Rendell Gritchick had two, Robbie Grossman two, Francisco Lindor had two, and Luis Garcia as well. Now, of course, Paul Golshman had zero. Who was my pick over the weekend?
Speaker 3: So I was a little I did. I went Buckston weekend. You always go Bucks some weekend, but I only got one.
Speaker 1: So heanys one one more than I got, So there you have it. Lucas Giolito was a zero eight earned runs boom. McKenzie Gore eight earned runs. He's starting to get figured out a little bit. Well, you are the last three up in ideal starts for McKenzie gore. Just just same.
Speaker 3: Might have to dig deep on McKenzie gore here a little bit, like you know, everyone knows my stance and then I like tail between my leg be like okay, he's just amazing. None of it made sense and it's starting to unravel.
Speaker 1: You know, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Welsh Pablo Lopez six earned runs, Michael the runs and seven earned runs, Kyle Wright five earned runs eight K's any concern with this Kyle Wright star here is he's starting to get a little tired, a little predictable.
Speaker 3: Perhaps just I am worried a little bit about him getting hit hard. I don't know if I'm completely out again. This is this would be another guy that's worth a little bit of a deep dive. I don't know, I don't think he's con mad a rotation or anything like that. He might want to bench him on really tough matchups. Maybe moving forward to see if this is just a you know, a little uh, what.
Speaker 2: Is it block? Like road roadbump.
Speaker 3: It's like a roadbump, speed bump, exact speed speed bumps, like the way I just.
Speaker 1: Like what you're doing with your hand, like this.
Speaker 4: Joke to take Kyle Wright, Randy Roserena one for twelve with seven k's over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Jack Jake Berger excuse me one for twelve with seven k's, berndand Donovan one for fourteen with seven k's not to be outdone. They look just k's abound, needless to say, Bryson Scott one for sixteen with four k's not a good weekend for him. Nelson Cruz one for fourteen with six k's, Jonathan Indio one for fourteen with four So it's been it's been no bueno man. Let's take a look at the home run board from the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks here and see what's going on. Larry C. We have somebody at the top at twenty four with high cobbies at twenty four. To Bloom is now. To Blom is now at twenty four as well, title chaser twenty four. It's a four way tie. It's a four way tie. Somehow, I'm still on the top of the board at twenty. Here, I'm still on this board. Go Cards is on this board with twenty. All I do is win. Mike Mayer is at twenty. So Mike Maher and I are tied to twenty. Niking in the North hasn't hit a home run since John Snow took the black. It's been a long time. He's got He has gotta shake that off. But he did win. I believe. Oh no, I'm mayor. Who was it that won the month of May? Because I think we have a winner for that too, that we want to give out a free shirt to sure. I remember there was a mess free stuff. I don't free stuff. We'll get Mayor do something. Tell me, remind me again who that was. In the meantime, let's go to bet MGM, the King of sports books. Bet ten dollars win two hundred whenever your place a bet there, no matter what the outcome, is on BETMGM with the promo code leading off. That's what you gotta use. Leading off ten bucks, win your two hundred go to bedmgm dot com or download a bet mgm app and of course get going on that at the King of Sports Books, leading off is the promo code. Today you darves strikeouts and FanDuel six and a half. I'm still like in the over, even though the projections like the under. Same thing with mcclanahan's it's seven and a half against the Yankees, and I know people are like, oh, that's a big number. I'm still over that. I know some people are under I don't care. JD. Martinez one and a half total basis versus Detroit, Yes, please at minus one ten and Xander Bogart's plus one o five on total basis and that's on DK as well. What do you have here in the prop market today, Welsh, I.
Speaker 2: Gotta tell you just on the Darvish McClanahan.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, my stance has always been betting McClanahan over seven and a half is at number, it's six and a half and over. You always bet McClanahan without even thinking seven and a half is rough I like both of these. I just don't know if I would go out and go nuts about them, but I do like both of those, and those would be on the card.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go deeper.
Speaker 3: Caleb Killian strikeout numbers only at three and a half, and it's a pretty good matchup. Pittsburgh bottom five in all of baseball and strikeouts per a lot of rookies in there. Caleb Killian definitely is an arsenal. He's an all or nothing type of guy. He has had from the miners and majors. He's had zero strikeout performances. He's had six to seven in a game. I think this is the prime spot for him to put it on. So Caleb Killian, It's a nice small number if you want to play BVP matchup, which I know somebody in this gallery is going to be doing here shortly. In the home run contest, Jim and Choi is the king of BVP today, hitting four hundred against Garrett Cole in his career with quite the sample size. No one has more homers against a pitcher today that's playing today than Jim and Joy. So why not hit his total basis which is at a half one base he has to get one hit and it's minus one fifteen.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: And then Trout on the hot streak, trout a total bases one and a half. Yes, sir BVP again good batting average. So those would be the Those are the three I'm going to attach myself to. But I also like the Irish McClanahan. If you want to make it an even five for my card, i'd be good.
Speaker 1: I miss they still make Killians Irish red. That was like a huge beer back in the nineties and I feel like it's disappeared. You used to see the commercials for it all that.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: Remember you're a little older. No, it's the Achillians Irish redchillions. Yeah, it was a beer in my youth when I was growing up in Dublin. All right, here's your DFS. Look for todight. A lot of guys going against each other that you would like.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think the way you make money tonight is in cash on d You go with Shane McLanahan, even tho its against Yankees because mclanahan's at home. I think you take the other side of the Corbyn Burns Mecholas matchup and go with Mikolas at seven point eight in tournaments as your secondary arm and hope you get the the W since probably Corbin Burns is the heavy favorite and the heavy investment there. Or if you want to play in cash you go. You Darbish at eight point one is the secondary arm along with Nanahan on FanDuel. Just keep it simple. Go at Max Freed. He's got good win equity if you want to be fancy again and go oppo Miles Mikolis because then strike out a lot of guys. But if they get a W there and some other guys don't pitch, well, that could be a good one. And you Darbish at ten point two, even though despite the Padre offense not having a lot of guys there again, I would still think you Darvers is good enough to get the W tonight against Arizona out.
Speaker 3: He's gonna strike It's just what he does. Just want to point out that's why that strikeout prop is so interesting. Diamondbacks one of the worst strikeout teams at base I don't know a strikeout dudes.
Speaker 2: Left and right.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get to eight or nine, all right, game stacks of the night. We're definitely looking for the Angels, as Welsh mentioned Toronto, Atlanta, Boston, and Detroit is the one you need to kind of work with. You gotta find some relief here a little bit in price, because you have a lot of big arm pitchers with big price tags. So you're gonna have to look for a team like Detroit. Like we're talking Riley Green at two point one, Torkos and two point one over on FanDuel Green is two point eight. Have your bias two point seven, Scope is two point three. Ramiol Tapia on DK also two point six. If you want to get in that Toronto game a little bit for me, I'm going with Mike Trout tonight, swinging a hot bat. Let's go. I like the match up here for Trout. Where are you going for your home run? Call this evening? Welsh?
Speaker 3: Ooh, I like that, and I wish I could have picked that. I also like the baby well. I want to like double up. I don't wanna double up. I'm gonna go with Showho Tani. I'm gonna go in the same matchup. Chris Bobich's pitching and he loves to give up home runs, and Otani not exactly destroying lefties or hitting tons and tons of homers off of him. But this is the type of picture that would be perfect for So I'm gonna pivot off, try to get a little bit of a lead here.
Speaker 2: I'll go with Otani.
Speaker 1: There you go. Oh look at this one. Wankee Pegin says Wild Barry, Bartles and James was the gateway drink for everyone I knew. Wonkey Penguin clearity.
Speaker 3: Boons Farm, by the way, for my I just want to put up Boons Farm was my childhood, so that was my and g Manchoi for Mayor, as I was pointing out, he but mayor is the king of BVP. If there's a BVP, if if there's an obvious BVP guy, you already one hundred percent note will be his choice. Every single week that I've been doing this, I see. So hey, there you go, g Manchoi, it's the mayor pick.
Speaker 1: There you and mister Buster loves that. We've been going over thirty minutes. Monday's always over thirty minutes because there's so much to talk about. We had two massive injuries, so we absolutely needed to get and talk about that. Boons Farm was for rich kids. Wonkey Penguin says rich it's like three dollars. Hey, I wanna let you to sort that out. On that note, we'll be back again tomorrow, do it all again, Bob, and'll be here break all the games down with me again. Happy Father's Day everybody, and uh, that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for Welsh I'm Joey P. We'll see you next Docads than the
Speaker 4: Th