Speaker 1: It's Brick and Jeffrey in the morning and this is the Second Day podcast.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being here.
Speaker 1: The only disappointing news yesterday about Travis Kelcey and Taylor Swift's engagement is that now she's never gonna call us for a second date.
Speaker 2: So sure it was gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I know she doesn't need us to play matchmaker.
Speaker 1: I always thought she calling to the show and be like, what wasn't he calling me back?
Speaker 2: But it won't happen now. So yeah, so much an awkward Tuesday or something.
Speaker 1: You know, so huge congrats of course from us. I think she's such a cool person and I'm glad she inspires other people.
Speaker 3: It's been so great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we have, you know, some non famous people doing a second date update today we really care about Hey, they could be we don't know that it's brand new.
Speaker 2: But before we get to it, let's read a comment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Abby said, I love you guys, and I always listen when I'm gasping for air on the StairMaster.
Speaker 2: At the gym, and you make the time go by easier.
Speaker 1: Why would you listen?
Speaker 3: Then you're gonna be like laughing it out of breath.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: It's good for your cardio, and your butt looks amazing on the StairMaster.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: All right, Your brand new Second Date podcast starts right now.
Speaker 3: Second Date Up Date. Is there anything sadder than being out and seeing somebody else getting stood up for a date?
Speaker 2: That's so sad. The sounder part is being the person stood up, Jeff.
Speaker 3: Let's just why are you smiling so big?
Speaker 2: Though entertaining? What are they going to say?
Speaker 4: An hour?
Speaker 2: Two hours?
Speaker 3: She's like, that's a prime spot at the bar. I get to like slide in. But for one of our listeners, seeing somebody get stood up was actually the best thing to ever happen to him. Oh, because apparently he turned that woman's loss into his game. I so let's talk to Joseph about it. Joseph, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey guys, how are you?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, we can't wait to hear this story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what happened? You saw a woman get stood up somewhere?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I went to this Mexican restaurant after I got off work, and I was going to just meet my buddy at the bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But I get to the bar and there's only one seat open and it's next to this woman and she you know, she's very, very pretty, and her name is Sabrina. I didn't know at the time, so I go, Hey, the cool if I sit down here? She goes, actually, it's reserved. I have date coming. And I was like, well, would you mind if I just sat here until my friend got here, because like, nowhere else we to sit. She goes, She thinks about it for a moment, she goes, yeah, that's fine, you can click.
Speaker 2: Okay, So she's planning on kicking you out?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she was waiting for a guy. And so, you know, I sit down and I start talking to her, just to be polite while I'm waiting for the bar tend to take my order, and it actually starts going well, and we're talking now it goes on to like ten minutes, and I said, hopefully this guy didn't stand you up, and she's like, yeah, I hope so too. I get a drink to her, what do you want? She gets a drink. So now we're both drinking.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're moving in. You're like, you're not even waiting for the whether or not the guy stood you. You're texting your friend. You're like, hey, don't come.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly what I did. I said to him, don't come in, saget, wait for my signals. They're really pretty girls there. I think she's being stood up. Okay, okay, because now it's fifteen minutes. She thought this guy was coming in any second. He's still not there. So we're drinking. I'm buying her drink, and then she gets a text that the guy has canceled on her.
Speaker 1: Dude, what a jerk, but also a way to turn lemons into Margarita's.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I text my friend, you know what, turn around, turned the car around. I don't need you tonight.
Speaker 2: You know it's a good buddy. And he's like, yeah, all right, good luck.
Speaker 5: Yeah he gets it. He did the same thing to me. He bought up my car to be with a hot Wow.
Speaker 3: So now all of a sudden, you have an instaday with the sad woman at the bar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I tell her lessons. We're both here, we both got stood up. Let's get a booth.
Speaker 3: We get a booth.
Speaker 5: Color. She has beautiful eyes. It's a good vibe, like really funny. There's a baby next table. The babies are throwing chips. So we start like throwing chips at the baby, and.
Speaker 2: I thought I've misunderstood what you just said.
Speaker 3: I love that. That's a good vibe for a date for you.
Speaker 5: I mean, we're having fun with this baby. I mean, you know you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna fight the baby. You're just gonna you know, you're not holding a tortilla chip to the baby's throat. It's just like light and playful.
Speaker 5: I didn't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like your guys vibe is really natural together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we start, we start having a food fight together, like chips, maybe a little bit of saltwood and she goes like, oh, you got some salt on your cheeks and she is on the cheek. Wow, it's like all in forty minutes.
Speaker 2: Wow, she made the first move even.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm shocked it was going small. I was like really shocked.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's so fun too, and it's like something you haven't planned. Yeah, you know, it's not like you had any nerves going into it.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure you would have done the same sort of things if your bro was there with you. So it's nice that you were able to do it to a woman. Yeah, licking sauce off each other's cheeks that's just what bros do when we go out for like Mexican.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay. So I mean this is turning into what sounds like the best date ever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not only that, it's the best state in the history of all day.
Speaker 2: Whoa wow statements.
Speaker 1: Okay, has just been risen Like that is a really high place to put it.
Speaker 3: I need to high five that baby for being the best wingman ever. So, I mean, what happens after Mexican food?
Speaker 5: I went back to her place, hung okay, still like two am.
Speaker 2: Whoa did you talk at all?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: We we sat there silent. Yeah we thought.
Speaker 3: I didn't mean if there was physical activities happening.
Speaker 5: We just we had a really good time. Okay, so you had lucky, I said, there was. When can I see you again? I really want to. She was like, well, I have this workshrip the next day. And then she said something a little weird. She was like, I'm hoping not to run into my ex because it's where I'm from, it's in my hometown.
Speaker 1: You could also think of it as like she's so comfortable with you that she's just talking right like it. Maybe she didn't mean like if she had been more guarded, she probably wouldn't have said yeah, yeah, might get back with him.
Speaker 3: I mean, was that what I'm thinking? Was that going through your mind when she said that, Joseph.
Speaker 5: It wasn't. But she ended it with I'm going to be back in a few days. And now it's been six days and there's no answer, and I'm wondering, now, did she run into him? And are they back together?
Speaker 3: So you've texted her in that time and she's not responding to you, or what's happening.
Speaker 5: She's not responding?
Speaker 3: Bro, I know we're normally the other way around, but maybe you consider that you just met someone at the bar, had a fun night, and that's all they want.
Speaker 5: Like, I think she would have been more clear about that towards the end, or you know, kind of blew me off. But she was so like into me, and she seems so excited to see me again. I just I don't think that's the case at old guys.
Speaker 3: Well you can feel the energy.
Speaker 2: We can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm different, I'm back with my ex is going to be a real simple answer.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I couldn't just check that. Yeah, if that's the case.
Speaker 3: True, or is it possible. It was just you know how they say Mexican food is an aphrodisiac. Maybe that was like rolling over and now that the Mexicans worn't off.
Speaker 2: Those Yeah, I do love tacos.
Speaker 3: So you said, it's been six days. She's not answering anything you're sending her. It's not looking great. But hopefully we can get her on the phone and should pick up for us. We'll get you some answers about your impromptu date at the Mexican restaurant with your second date update right after this. Thank you, I mean, we got to do this for the best date in all of history. Yeah, hold on, second date update. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning and we're in the middle of a second date update with one of our listener's, Joseph, who kind of lucked into the best date of his entire life. Words when he was at a Mexican restaurant. There was one seat open at the bar, and the woman right next to him got stood up for her date. So they ended up talking, grabbing some drinks, got some food, ended up back at her place, where he didn't leave until two in the morning.
Speaker 2: Why does your voice get lower and slower as you just describe it.
Speaker 3: Just as sexy. How Also, am I supposed to describe the best date in the history of all their kind?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And the last thing that she said to him, And this is key, at least for Joseph, is I'm going to be going on a work trip to my hometown and I just hope I don't run into my ex. So, Brook, what are the percentages that that actually happened and she met up with her ex boyfriend? Are we talking fifty to fifty year, twenty eighty, one hundred zero?
Speaker 1: I think it's one hundred percent that she definitely hooked up with her ex over the weekend excuse, But that doesn't mean they're back together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know you should hook up. And then you're like, yeah, I see why we did that.
Speaker 5: I don't like it. You're putting this in my head. I really don't.
Speaker 2: Just trying to prepare you less exactly.
Speaker 3: I will take the other angle and say, there is no chance that she met up with her ex boyfriend and she was thinking about you the entire time she was at works.
Speaker 1: Are so sweet?
Speaker 3: She can't dial you were texting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a cute, naive world you live in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she didn't even type anything on her work laptops. It was just your name over and over and over again the entire trip. That's what I'm thinking happened.
Speaker 2: That wouldn't be a red flag. OA.
Speaker 3: Okay, but let's find out. We'll see what actually happened. If she picks up the phone, I'm gonna dial her number right now. But here we go. Hello, Hey is this Sabrina? Yeah, awesome, So hey, Sabrina, thank you for picking up. You are on a radio show right now. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Hello, good morning.
Speaker 2: It's not the rental car place.
Speaker 1: No nos, Why would the radio show call me? Well, sorry, we can't return whatever you've forgotten. Your rental car always happens to me too.
Speaker 3: Yes, sorry, I don't know what's going on with that, but we were a show. We do a segment on this show called the Second Date Update, which is where we help out our listeners if they've gone out with somebody or had a fun romantic encounter in your case, we try to help them reconnect and figure out if there's a chance at a second meetup. Okay, okay, so popular segment. Yeah, and we're doing this on behalf of one of our listeners that met you the other day. It's a guy named Joseph.
Speaker 5: Joseph, Oh my god, I was gonna.
Speaker 4: Call him later.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great.
Speaker 1: New? Is he like jumping the gun like you just just got home and you haven't had time to talk. No.
Speaker 3: No, I just got my phone back today because I left it.
Speaker 5: That's why I thought it was the rental car place. I left my phone in the rental car and then it took him like five or six days to get it back to me.
Speaker 1: So I just got it today's new.
Speaker 2: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 1: So you were gonna call Joseph today and get another date set up.
Speaker 5: Yes, I've been thinking about him this whole time.
Speaker 3: You were right, Jess, Yeah, of course I'm right. So look Sabrina again. Yeah, sorry to do this to you. But the whole reason that we called is Joseph reached out. He told us about your date at the Mexican restaurant, said it was the best hangout he's ever had. Does that mean you think the same.
Speaker 1: He said that, Yes, he said, the best date in the history of all dates if we want.
Speaker 2: To do it too much?
Speaker 3: So sweet, Oh my god?
Speaker 5: Like that, I feel like an idiot did a circumstance.
Speaker 1: He's going to be so relieved because he thought it was something that he did and that's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he heard from you in days and days so cute. Well, can you guys just tell him that what I said, that I that I do.
Speaker 5: You want to see him again? Can you tell him for me?
Speaker 3: Sure we could, but you've kind of already told him because he's actually on the phone with us right now on the other line listening to this.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Joseph is on here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how this segment works. We have them waiting on the other line. So Joseph, are you there, man?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 3: Hey Joseph, you must be so happy. Yeah, I can't imagine what you're feeling right now. Talk to Sabrina.
Speaker 5: Hey, Sabrina, what's up. It's Joseph.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much said that.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: I'm so sorry. I really was going to call you.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry that I did through a radio show. I just had such an amazing night and I want more than one night with you. Oh you are so sweet, like you have no idea, but I literally missed the sound of your voice. Wow.
Speaker 3: Really they are really on the same page for real.
Speaker 5: Seriously, your voice is so sexy.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 5: I love the way you say casea.
Speaker 4: Oh well in that case case okay, a nine hundred number to hear stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Give credit.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to get into a smothered burrito.
Speaker 5: Are either. Yeah, yeah, I'm here. I'm really serious. If you were with me right now, I would totally kiss you. I would.
Speaker 3: I would kiss you ten times. I would tell you so much more that I didn't kiss you.
Speaker 2: Anymore is too cute?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, hold on, then what would Joseph do after the ten.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's not going to stop me, Sabringa. I am a kissing machine around.
Speaker 2: What every girl wants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Well, I'm sensing, and maybe I'm reading this wrong, that there's a little bit of a connection. There's like too much chemistry.
Speaker 2: Jeffery is the only one in the room that's comfortable. Yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: So, Joseph, you are cute. Yeah, Joseph, this is sounding like the best news ever for you.
Speaker 5: Just really relieved. Like Sabrina, I was so worried that we went on your work trip. I thought you might have seen your ex and something happened.
Speaker 3: Oh we forgot about that. Oh yeah, I did see him.
Speaker 2: Discuss this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like you didn't do anything with him, right, I mean, I'm just so excited to see you again.
Speaker 3: That's yeah question.
Speaker 5: You didn't answer my question though you didn't hook up with your ex, right, I don't know how much I should go into it with you. Yeah, Oh my god, you hooked up with it. You hooked up with it, didn't you.
Speaker 3: Okay, you don't understand.
Speaker 5: It takes a while to break off an engagement.
Speaker 3: It doesn't just happen automatically. Wait wait, wait are you still engaged?
Speaker 5: Wait you hold on? You're engaged this guy?
Speaker 3: Well technically, but we weren't even in the same city except for this past weekend.
Speaker 5: But I don't even want that to be a thing.
Speaker 3: Wait we're currently engaged.
Speaker 4: Yeah, soon to be exaverbally involved with him?
Speaker 5: Like today, that's not distinguished, Like you don't.
Speaker 3: Like emotionally, I'm distancing myself.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, emotionally you're cheating on him.
Speaker 5: Happening, Guys, I just want to basically, I don't care about verbally or emotionally.
Speaker 3: Bro Wait, yes, I don't know, and it's a yes. Come on man. Are you sure yes, because it's at this point that I would like to ask if you realize to go out with Joseph one more time.
Speaker 2: She can't. She's taken. She's engaged to another dude.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. Should I have asked that question earlier when they were talking about being kissing machines on each other? Ever, oh shoot, five minutes ago? That was my bad. But Sabrina, the offer still stands. Will offer to pay for a date?
Speaker 2: We're gonna pay.
Speaker 1: My answer is yes. My answer is yes.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: She's she's distancing herself from her current fiance verbally, emotionally and man verbally, not quite physically yet, but that happens every time you go meet up with your exes.
Speaker 4: So I'm working on it.
Speaker 3: You guys, we won't be together in a month. I promise.
Speaker 2: Just break up with.
Speaker 3: The man, because Joseph, she did say, yes, you heard it, she wants to see you again. Let's put everything else aside, including her engagement to another man. I need to hear from you. Is it a yes to another date with Sabrina? And I want you to remember to think with your heart, not with your head.
Speaker 2: Jeff, you're talking nonsense.
Speaker 3: Okay, Brooks, Mike, please thank you, Joseph, the question was directed to you.
Speaker 2: You better say no, Joseph.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 5: I want to hang out with you again, but I have to wait till you're done. So just can you just talk to me after?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay?
Speaker 6: Because you can totally believe her when she says ye, Joseph, you might have to say the word case of deal one more time in order to get her back on your side.
Speaker 5: Oh god, Oh that's what I love.
Speaker 3: I feel good about this. I don't have to dial that one nine hundred number later, so I really found the speech. This is great. Successful second date update everybody, Rookie Jeffrey in the morning. Timing really is everything in life, and I kind of blame you guys for not encouraging me to jump in earlier to offer them another date sooner.
Speaker 1: How are you not apologizing right now for even putting the date on the table?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Engaged? How many times do you have to hear that to understand it?
Speaker 1: I can guarantee that guy does not know he's soon to be ex Emotionally.
Speaker 3: She's not engaged in her.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she's.
Speaker 6: Not even wearing the ring hey around when she's not around her fiance.
Speaker 3: And he's never around because he's far away back in their hometown. She never even sees the guy, and she promised us that in a month he'll probably be gone.
Speaker 1: May. We never even brought up the fact that she was waiting for a different guy to go on a date.
Speaker 2: She is like actively dating.
Speaker 3: I hear what you're saying. She's a catch and it's really nice that he was able to lock her down. Out of all the men, Joseph came out on tom Oh my god, so that is a big win for us. Congratulations to us for making this happen.
Speaker 5: I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Cause drama, but if you're engaged, check on your fiance. Yeah, it's probably a safe thing to do. But if you're not engaged and you need help with your dating life, email us and we can help you get into a relationship with someone who's engaged another relationship. Well, it is what we did this time, So it was an accent. But most of the time, single people that's who we help and go check out all of our second dates. They're up with lots of single people. Yes, they're up on the lines. Wherever you get your podcasts that Brooke and Jeffrey