Speaker 1: If there was a problem, I'm it.
Speaker 2: Where to your mother?
Speaker 1: Hello everyone, it is the two cool moms. I'm Joe Gatto, I'm Steve, and I'm a little bit more peppy than Steve. And why is that Stephen? Somebody had a little too much of the mommy juice last night.
Speaker 2: Mommy juice, Mommy indulged, Mommy was over served last night.
Speaker 1: Well, you were here in New York. You got together with some pals.
Speaker 2: The Comedy Seller had their Christmas party last night in April. A couple months later in April, so they had their their holiday party, and I was like fearing it. I knew going into it was going to be like, oh god, the drinks are going to flow in open bar. It's like, it's all I need to hear. Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 1: Uh the drinking rice was it a rose or would you have a box wine? Nice box wine like a sippy cup.
Speaker 2: I do my Jamo ginger. But uh, it was great to seeing everybody. And I will tell you this. Ronnie Chang his a shoal speak easy. I got to catch up with him last night. It's great, great, really really great. I think he's a great comic. And it was a really cool concept because he just did it like in Chinatown in like a like a like a just like a really quaint kind of like cool vine. It was really awesome. Yeah, and he looks cool. He's got a tuxedo. It was just I don't know, I was really like, you're feeling that? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was really Uh. It's just very happy for him too. It's nice to see people you you appreciate succeed.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: It's great for that, you know, because we celebrated.
Speaker 1: Well, it's good to have people in your corner. That's what we did for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's nice to have cheerleaders in life. Yes, like people that will accept you if you know, you're wearing your sunglasses on your hat like.
Speaker 2: That doesn't Yeah, but I love it.
Speaker 1: You get away with it.
Speaker 2: You don't put them. Where do you put them? I always go right here.
Speaker 1: I only go here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't wear hats though, so that's not an option for me.
Speaker 2: Why don't you wear hats?
Speaker 1: Because I look like I look like you do, but you look okay with it, like you look like a grown up.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no no, I look like you do, but you look good with it.
Speaker 1: No, that's not grown up child, like a grown up child, like, I don't my nose doesn't really work with it. But we had like a stranger. I wear it like when I'm on the ocean, in the ocean, or you know, sometimes a sailor's cap when I have to run out of the house in a moment to go get bagels in the morning. Yeah, I'll throw it on, but I don't use it as a style choice like you do. You do it stylistically. No, No, how many hats do you have?
Speaker 2: A lot?
Speaker 1: See you go out and shopping for hats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like a ball cap. Yeah I would love to go ape shit at Lid's, but I can't because there's no reason.
Speaker 1: For me too.
Speaker 2: Lid's is a go to, a must in the mall. But Lidds is like Starbucks. There's always like two or three in them all.
Speaker 1: Of course, it's all about multiple locations.
Speaker 2: So what you what's your favorite hat?
Speaker 1: Then a fedora and I will wear when to get a little bit older in life.
Speaker 2: See I I think I told you this. I wore for door to the Uh Comedy Store and I got made fun of so bad I never wored again.
Speaker 1: That's your out. I mean, I will not look good in a fedora, but I just feel like there's something.
Speaker 2: About you can look good in a door.
Speaker 1: I surprised myself with a couple of them. But I think I have more of a door shaped head than I do of a cap A ball cap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yah, I like a good for door. But I think you have to be a certain age. Yeah, like a twenty year old. Doesn't know a.
Speaker 1: Specific type of twenty year old looks great in fedora. Yeah, somebody that could pull off a fedora.
Speaker 2: But it's also like seeing a I don't know, when you see like a two year old with glasses or like a sixty year old with braces, You're like, what the braces? Right?
Speaker 1: That is unnatural?
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Why do you still have your real teeth?
Speaker 2: First of all, it's like, what do you get a straighten for the last like six years before you get the dents.
Speaker 1: I am just I am just remembering something you blew my mind. When I was younger, I used to used to go to the orthodontist doctor Soakaro, and I used to hate his waiting room because it always smelt funny to me and it was always I guess we're on the same cycle. So a lot of times like our mental cycles, singing on the same cycle as a guy for his checkups, and he was an older man. He was like it was older to me, but he was probably like in his forties, thirties, forties, probably forties, and he had braces and I always just stared at him the whole time. It just like looked at him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's always a creepy look weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A baby with glasses throws me off a little too.
Speaker 2: A baby with.
Speaker 1: Like like getting a bejorn Like.
Speaker 2: It's like I get it, but it's still like little professor. Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Like I do like when they look like little little like little gentleman's or madams, like they have their little like it's other proper. You can have fun with a frame with a kid that you can't have fun with as an adult. Oh yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, you can have like a square tortoise shell and like he looks cool. It's like, yeah, you know what I mean, Like boss.
Speaker 2: Baby, did that buss?
Speaker 1: Do you have any uh? Do you need any corrective lenses or you're your eyesight? Uh?
Speaker 2: I wear contacts I wear contact lenses.
Speaker 1: I did not know this. Yeah really, oh yeah for how long? Your whole life?
Speaker 2: Pretty much? Yea yeah, which I have bad vision, terrible. Yeah, like if I lost my contacts.
Speaker 1: One of these looking around for it.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, it's it's not good thick glasses and I wore I got a new pair of glasses recently and I wore them out, and my one buddy goes, holy shit. I was like, all right, I'll just put this next to the fucking fedor that I got.
Speaker 1: I want. I want a picture of you and your glasses and a Fedora. Please send it.
Speaker 2: I'll send it.
Speaker 1: I will post it on the tool bombs.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 1: That'd be great.
Speaker 2: It's as I get home up.
Speaker 1: That's what I want. I want you and your big thick glasses with your door on, and just like, so, don't do that thing where you're trying to make a dorky face. Try to sell it, like, try to sell it as a look.
Speaker 2: I'll try to sell it. I'll do my best. But I like the hat. I like the hat, and I it's in my closet and I go to the mirror sometimes I put it on. I'm like, fucking I like it, but I'm I don't want to get made fun of.
Speaker 1: Could you wear wear when we're on the road together next week. No, I won't make fun of you.
Speaker 2: I'll support you, I know. But it's still like you don't. Then now you're put in a trap. We're like supporting something that might not.
Speaker 1: That's the worst where you have the support a friend and you know, I'm not that kind of person, though I will you know, Oh, I know, Oh, I know that's not for you. That's a makes sense of mine. That's not for you.
Speaker 2: We're talking about my driving the other day and it stayed with me all day.
Speaker 1: Oh did it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And I was like, you know what, they didn't mention. They didn't mention the fucking fifteen times hazard's on to say thank you, and you have never heard of that. I always do that.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of a hazard way.
Speaker 2: When somebody lets me merge in, I always shoot them the hazard lights to say thank you, and I give a way just in case I'm doubled. I'm doubling down on the gratitude. And nobody recognized that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're doing you're doing it like because one person. It's kind of like it's kind of like a feat that puts an extra dollar in the church basket. Like you're still doing something wrong and you're trying to emerging. No, like the blinker thing. Okay, that's your plus, but it's because of your minds is while you're doing it. You know my first question. You're a good driver, steve.
Speaker 2: The beams.
Speaker 1: You think your high beams, Oh flesh and the high beams is thank you. No, let's get out of my way. They're also behind you so they don't see your head lights. Thank you for.
Speaker 2: Let's go get another peachy dip ship.
Speaker 3: Or according to the Internet, flashing your hazards twice is a sign of thank you.
Speaker 1: Ah well, I stand corrected.
Speaker 2: Well, this mama taught another mama.
Speaker 1: This mama bear learned a less little that's it. I'm fine, and I'm fine with it. I'm almost evolving as a person.
Speaker 2: But I have been known on occasion, did you run a guy accountable?
Speaker 1: Did you run a guy who a ditch once?
Speaker 2: No, that'd be horrible.
Speaker 1: Wig was that you run got too a ditch and with the wolfman and flher flasher blinkers at him, thinking has three times I pulled over?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's crazy. All right, okay, this is coming to us from Sarah two co moms. My partner of twenty eight years left me and our two children for eight months, though he was still sending money, and then decided to come back like nothing happened. I can't forgive him, and now he won't leave. I don't have a lot of savings, and divorce would deplete every penny I have. How can I get him to agree to arbitration, the less expensive option in our state and end this marriage when it seems like he is perfectly content? That is crazy. That's a lot to unpack.
Speaker 1: That is so he she they can.
Speaker 2: For eight years, he dips for eight months, eight months, they got two kids, comes back.
Speaker 1: And is like, honey, I'm home. Okay, okay, So this is blowing my mind, Like that is knock knockers that he's home. Come on in.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're worried. What's for dinner?
Speaker 1: But what happened?
Speaker 2: Hey you got a soccer trophy? But dad, good for you?
Speaker 1: You guys won the championship. Yeah that it was a six month or alley and you're missed at all?
Speaker 2: That is insane.
Speaker 1: You come back here. There's a good chance there is a there's a thirty percent chance, twenty seven point five percent chance that that kid had a birthday. Oh yeah, you were gone. That kid is older when you came home.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, that's bananas. You left a five year old and came home with a six year old, Like, unless you're on deployment serving the country.
Speaker 1: No, but this makes it sound like I was like I'll be right back. Oh, not even that. It was like I'm out and then it's like, nah, change my mind, I'm back. Yeah, okay, So well, you're you're in a you're in a pickle. And I don't blame her, yeah for wanting him to bolt, like the relationship's over. She made a decision. Yeah, she's made a decision. Yeah, there shouldn't be any guilt there. You've done what you feel is right for you.
Speaker 2: You get him to arbitration.
Speaker 1: I really honestly think this is this is a legal this is a legal issue. But I'm pretty sure you probably have a lot of rights and you could probably get some pro bono work to help you in this situation, because it seems like it would be somebody that would help you, because maybe even the arbitrator, because arbitration normally happens to someone of illegal stance, it ends up getting paid eventually anyway. So the first thing I would do is probably talk to get a free consultation. You get free consultations anywhere from a lawyer that knows better than us. Sure, but there's got to be something you could do here. You can't be this powerless. Yeah, and also divorce doesn't have to be that expensive. Go to like divorce dot com and get a certificate?
Speaker 2: Is that how it works?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Can you get like does he like make that up? No?
Speaker 1: It doesn't. Like what is that legal zoom? Legal zoom Like can't I'm sure legal zoom open on legal zoom seems they have a divorce section.
Speaker 2: That sounds Banana's to me.
Speaker 1: Very sure you could do discount divorces.
Speaker 2: Come on on legal zoom maybe, because I guess if you can't do divorce, what would you do on legal zoom?
Speaker 1: Not Like legal zoom is like a site where you get like it has a it's like it was it was to give access to legal services to people that couldn't afford right, you know, it's like a pooling thing.
Speaker 3: Right, So there's nothing No. Legal zoom is to set up an LLC. But you can do it. Seems like there's a lot of free consultations, just typing and legal.
Speaker 1: Legal divorce advice. It's everything's free consultation.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can at least ask the question.
Speaker 1: Okay, great. I don't appreciate the first part of that, where you had to yell at me about legal zoom being something out by the tone. There was a tone there, and I made a mistake. And again it's my second mistake, and I'm sorry. I learned something.
Speaker 3: I'll make sure to make it even more heavy next time. I'll be worse about it. Great, let's unplugg that, Mike. The problem is you don't get the hazards. The problem is he's in charge of what's plugged and I plugged. I don't know how to do any of it, but I agree with you.
Speaker 2: There's got to be some way legally for her. She can't be stuck and mired in a horrible relationship that you don't want to be in.
Speaker 1: And also, you got to do what's right for the You got a kid here, right, You got a child to worry about.
Speaker 2: Two kids? She said, yeah, that's the best bananas to like the audacity to just go to somebody for eight months and then come back like and obviously it it's for somebody.
Speaker 1: Else that didn't work out, is my immedia it has to be. Yeah, that's my media assumption. Tried something, didn't work out, came back it's likeah, this is my my plan bes working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that that that never makes the other person feel good ever.
Speaker 1: Even if ever the flip the flip of that is okay, let's give the guy the benefits out. Okay, give the guy benefit out. He realized let's say maybe he didn't maybe it was working out, and he was like, oh, forget it, there's no way. This isn't right, doesn't feel right in my heart. I have a family, has to go back. If he didn't come into that door with that attitude and demeanor and being like I messed up? What can I do to make this right? Right? Right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You gotta eat some crow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean that door should just be bolted and sorry you're out, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then why did she let him just mosey on in in the first place? Too? Right? True, it's her.
Speaker 1: He probably mosied in, You're right, he probably it's her fault. You probably what did you do wrong to make him leave, right mind, I think you're picking up from the wrong handle. He might he definitely mosy, though. I feel like he came in like holding like a bag. He probably had a cowboy hat on at this point and just came in and was like I'm back and went and got a beer.
Speaker 2: But show up with like birthday gifts or like Christmas or anything like, Hey, guys, have missed a lot.
Speaker 1: Definitely missed. I miss that is eight months, okay, yeah, is three quarters of the year.
Speaker 2: Pretty much just shot a lot happens there a lot, And if you're going in a school year exactly.
Speaker 1: But if you'll leave it from like February March April, if that's what you're missing, you're not missing much.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: That's when you that's when there's nothing really going on on the calendar, right. Otherwise you meet missing like you're missing Fourth of julyies, you missing bob Kitchen, Thanksgivings. You' missing birthdays, you missing Christmases and or Kwanzas and or Hanukkahs, whatever the all of you celebrate, or all of them.
Speaker 2: Almost alidays. These kids are old gifts for sure. I feel bad for these kids. Yeah, that's crazy to acknowledge.
Speaker 1: All right, So I guess the takeaway is Google, go to the internet, find some free legal advice part from somebody in your town and start there.
Speaker 2: There's got to be somebody and I and I wish you the best.
Speaker 1: I hope, I hope that works out for you. That seems like a bad reality, so I'll send you love and I hope I hope you get to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, that that's It's just I don't know, it's like gut wrenching to read that. Yeah, I'm sorry. That was the first one we did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, we're here, we're here to, We're here to, you know, we're here. Try to add some uh humor and reflection. And I think we missed on both of those.
Speaker 2: Oh for two Okay, oh god, okay, I need help as a mom. This is Mary.
Speaker 1: Okay, Marie, Yeah, Maria, Marie.
Speaker 2: With an E. Right, Oh that's a e.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's Marie. Okay, Miss Murray, how my glasses on? You have contacts? I don't know why you're asking me how to read.
Speaker 2: I need help As a mom to a girl teen, her attitude is off the chain, but she is also one of the sweetest people you'll meet. The attitude is affecting her social life because she comes off as rude to her classmates, but she says she isn't trying to be and doesn't know she's being that way. That's a tough one because that's that's what it all happens. That I think when you're a teenager, especially your early teen years, you are the worst version of yourself.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's an interesting person. I was.
Speaker 2: I was horrible, horrible to my parents, to my brother, an absolute nightmare.
Speaker 1: I find that I find that more with boys because the moones are kicking in. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, you got the horse coming in, and I think, sorry, hormones. I abbreviated it on both ways. It doesn't sound right either way. I'll just say the full word. I feel like the hormones really jack up boys because I had I actually have a twin thes a nephew, boy and girl. And I saw them in their teen you know, they're seventeen eighteen now, but I saw them during their puberty years and you can see and the thing that I think, I feel like it always manifests itself with me. I had a quick wit and a sharp tongue, and I was like, mean but funny except for the person I was talking to. So that was like a thing I had to adjust. It got brought to my attention from some people I cared about, and I was like, oh, I'm not I didn't feel like I was doing something wrong right when it was brought to my attention. I found a way to self correct it. Now, it seems like the daughter doesn't realize she's doing that, so she doesn't have the tools to cope with it or self adjust. So that's what you have to do there. You got to you gotta give her a little bit of guidance, I think. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It also sounds like her friends have called her out on this behavior.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then it's becoming a lack of friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, so you know, reality does That's the good lesson though, that lesson, Yes, in there, it's just like you know, if you go around shooting off your mouth or whatever, you know, in school, eventually somebody's probably gonna smack you around a mine, right, and you know then you you know, Okay, these are the boundaries and so your action exactly. Yeah, And I think she's learning the consequences of her actions that she's going to lose friendship so with this, and eventually that's got to catch up with you. Yeah, you can't just bulldoze your life not being accountable at all.
Speaker 1: I think the advice of the mom here, she says us for advice how to handle it, I think is conversations with because it seems like that her daughter is realizing it as well. Now. So now what I think the next steps here is to try to equip her with ways to help herself and not come at her just telling what our problem is, but again coming at her with solutions, because that's what we need to do as parents. We need to help children grow by teaching them, giving showing them a path. They have a girl on their own, but you have to show them. It helps them to point to them in the right direction.
Speaker 2: So I'll say this though, too. If she's hot, then you get a pass. Like girls you can be kind of bitchy and it's just like, eah, you're so hot.
Speaker 1: It's like okay, oh you know what, unplugged his mic too. I'm just gonna you know, hopefully she's hot, is what we're saying. Oh my god, the worst of me had an ugly bitchy daughter.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Like if she keeps doing then then get us some touch up, some surgery. So she's like stunning and then it's like she'll get she'll get away with it.
Speaker 1: So that's the advice from Steve. Steve is a get plastic surgery for your rude daughter.
Speaker 2: So she's a knockout, right, I think you'd be rude. No, but what I mean to a kid like that, that's brutal. But there are casualties along the way. I lost a friendship or two because I was such a like you know, I just oh my god, I look I think back fourteen fifteen. I'd love to go back and just like smack me around. Yeah, what is your problem? Are you out of your mind?
Speaker 1: It's hard because you are going through a lot. And if you're you had an older brother, I'm the older Yeah, right, so your younger brother. Did your younger brother go through this? Did you see that happening in your younger brother and try to like coach him to not be that way?
Speaker 2: No, because I was so overwhelming. He never even had a chance. So he was just like this little sheltered dog, like scared kind of in the corner the whole time, and he was always kind of please please get him out of her, but he was you know, just look, we're all insecure at that age. You're all trying to find your way through it, and you're trying to find your identity and you're breaking free from your parents, and we can all totally get it. But you know, I've already braced myself and my kids for this. I go, there's going to come a time she's nine, buddy, when you're not gonna want to talk to me? Yeah, right there. And I I always tell her, I go, just know you can always talk to me. I'm always here for you. Just know that. So I'm like, I'm laying breadcrumbs for her now, no one is coming. But I think I think that when those do, when those things do happen and my kids have like little spats, I just go, let's take a ride and I get my daughter, or go take a walk just her and I because she's She's had little moments here there. It's nothing major, but I you know, it's something where I think maybe if you isolate her and you're together, or maybe going somewhere just doing something together and letting her vent and get some things, because you know, it's I just think that whole period of time is so difficult for kids. But and the last thing they want to do is be with you. But the one thing you want to do is be there for them, right right, But it's almost like you gotta kind of let it happen, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, life will teach teach her lessons, Sue. You know, we said that like she's gonna start seeing the she's gonna start reaping when get sewed here.
Speaker 2: And yeah, you gotta get your teeth kicked very now, and then.
Speaker 1: The best of luck to you. I hope that helped it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh god, okay, this is uh.
Speaker 1: It's never a good one that starts with oh god, this is this is terror. Okay, here he goes.
Speaker 2: What do you do when you hear the guy you crush on is getting divorced but you are still married? Hold on a second, hold on, let me read this again. What do you do when you hear the guy you crush on is getting divorced but you are still married? Well, you're married, yeah, so you don't do anything? What's the questionaire? I don't know that you can't do anything. You're married, Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 1: What do you think you think you get divorced at the two you get married together, you're crushing you live happily ever after. That's not that's not story.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, nobody wrote that book.
Speaker 1: That book has not been published.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Have you ever seen the Lifetime Christmas movie based on this called.
Speaker 1: Burning Divorce Clause? I haven't seen Divorcy Clause on Lifetime. It's great. It's a story about a guy whose life falls apart. He gets divorced, and a happily married woman is like, oh, I always liked him. I thought he had kind eyes. And she divorces her husband and leaves their three kids in the lurch, and the two of them get married and he comes back eight months later like nothing happened. Sorry, Dadica McKellar December twenty fifth, on Lifetime.
Speaker 2: I literally just set it up and you fucking ran with it. That was great, man. Yeah, I would say that that's crazy terror. I would hope to God that you appreciate your husband.
Speaker 1: Maybe, I mean, maybe it's just time to take a look at your your situation. Maybe you're you're not happy, if your that thought's come in your mind, or it might just be a fleeting thought.
Speaker 2: But uh, you can't have a crush on somebody. I guess, right, Yeah, I mean that's.
Speaker 1: Bucket list crushes whole past. All that stuff is fun to think about, but when if it's going to manifest itself into something, you really need to take a look inside and really figure out how you're feeling.
Speaker 2: All right, that was a that was an odd one. Yeah, we get we.
Speaker 1: Get odd ones. I like it ones.
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh, this is I don't know how to say this. Let's say, let's let'saya lettaya lettaya?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's tell you.
Speaker 2: Let's let's say let'taya Yeah. I got a quick quesh for the yee all right. Uh so I recently started watching Two Cool Months podcast. But the trouble I'm having is I can't seem to stop feeding Joe little pieces of candy. It's getting out of hand. First it was the Eminem's and now I'm going full Rece's pieces. Help me. It's great, she's feeding you, I guess while she's watching this, she's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I do sit there with my mouth a lot like what mouth either?
Speaker 2: How can she stop doing this?
Speaker 1: Just stop or meet me in real life and just keep throwing candy at me. Those are the solutions I like to this problem. Either stop doing this self doing this, or meet me in real life and give.
Speaker 2: Me some and m reces between eminems and reces with PCs man. Really I never got into Reese's pieces. Yeah, I love a Reese's peanut butter.
Speaker 1: Talking about the eminem though regular or peanut peanut away, even if you don't have the yellow bag, get out of my house. I don't know. And then you know what the you know what the eminem shit the bed on the peanut eminem which they tried to make of Reese's pieces. Wait, what the peanut peanut I'm sorry, peanut butter eminem. You know the red bag, the peanut butter Eminem's. They had a blink where they put a pretzel in it. You don't remember this stuff?
Speaker 2: I got the pretzel.
Speaker 1: Well you got the pretz? Good? No?
Speaker 2: Did you like it? No?
Speaker 1: I mean you can't.
Speaker 2: You want it?
Speaker 1: You can't. I wanted it to be good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's one of those situations where you're in something's corner and it just didn't land.
Speaker 2: Oh like my fed door exactly. The pretzel lemon m is.
Speaker 1: The Fedora of candies is the Steve Bird Fedora.
Speaker 2: I went and saw they have a white Reese's Peanut butter company. You see that, Yes, that's disgusting. I will why, I know why mess with?
Speaker 1: I will tell you. Sal was a bartender and I didn't drink, but I used to like to go visit them at work. So one time I stopped at a gas station and we were we were talking about different candies, what were the best? And I said, the Riese's lines unbelievable. There's no missus in the lineup. And he challenged me on that, and I went and bought fifteen dollars is worth of reese I bought everything in the seven to eleven that was a Reis at the time. There's a lot, and you don't know how there's fifteen dollars worth of candy and we're talking. This is like, you know, this is like early early o's, right, yeah, early two k's yeah, right. So I line them up on the I walked in with authority with a little bag, a little plastic bag. He's sitting there doing his you know, Tom Cruise Jimmy cocktail stop. He sees me, I like kicked the door open, like it's a saloon. Like a tumbleweed comes through. It's like and I walk up, I'm like, oh he and I put down all the candies and I'm like, I'm like, test me, test me. And we went one by when he stopped, we went one by one and there wasn't a missing in the lineup. This isn't early Oh's though. I don't know about now now.
Speaker 2: I don't think you could. Because I was at a like whatever seven eleven or whatever. My butt and I we had been drinking and we were like, let's we were astounded at how many variations there are races. But you just get by the way the Big Cup. Have you had that put with the peanuts in it? Have you done that with peanuts? And do full peanut in the Big Cup?
Speaker 1: In no way? Your balls they're blown off. That's where they aren't. Look from there under the table somewhere. That is my favorite Reese's Street. It's called yeah, it's called the Big It's called the Peanut Big Cup.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can try this.
Speaker 1: It's great, but the Big Cup is the Big Cup. Just are you a peanut butter lover?
Speaker 2: Well not normally when it's Reese's. I yeah, sometime of recist peanut butter. Right and and by the way, uh on ice cream with peanut butter in it? But you don't do I do?
Speaker 1: I just I do ice cream with peanut butter in it if I have I'm not an ice cream guy. But if I'm forced, if I'm in a corner, my back's against the wall, I gotta get a con.
Speaker 2: He's a rat in the coffee. Can't sit man, He's gonna find his way out.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, uh so stop beating me, feed him to me.
Speaker 2: I guess high fave moms ever? I uh, okay, wait, this is word weird? Uh Tiana, yes, Tiana, Tiana, high fave moms ever? I how do I? Okay? The ice just there? How do I get over a man that broke my heart? Right to the right to.
Speaker 1: The That's it. That's the that's full stop. That's it.
Speaker 2: That's it. How do I get over a man that broke my heart?
Speaker 1: Find a new one and break theirs? Steven? The score down one nothing, It's a second step up to the plate, Tiana.
Speaker 2: In the scoreboard of life.
Speaker 1: Scoreboard of life.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to catch you know, we've all been there.
Speaker 1: Everybody's you know, breakups and and all that is part of life. And some of them hurt more than others, and some of them sting, some of them you forget, some of you don't. So it depends on the level of this hurt, because right now, while you're in it, it might feel like it's the biggest hurt ever. But in six months, when you're with somebody new, it might it might be it might just be a fleeting memory. I hope it's that for you. I hope it's not something that sticks for a long time. But I always say the best way to do it is just be in touch with your feelings and realize what you're hurting about. Are you hurting about do you miss that person genuinely or do you Are you hurting because you're alone? Now, there's a big difference there, right, If you don't like being alone, right, and that's why you're hurting, right, there's a different way to solve that, right. Sure, get out there, meet people if you're hurting because you feel like this person, your life is not complete without this person. There's a different process you have to go through through there.
Speaker 2: Whiskey, Yes, I've always found is very helpful.
Speaker 1: Whiskey's the designated hitter for you always coming off the bench.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, but I as much as it does suck to go through a breakup, and obviously I think she was at the receiving end for how this is worded, she was broken up by him. Uh. You know, it's so easy to say this as someone that's not in your situation, but I have been in this situation many, many times, and every relationship that didn't work out was another lesson of like learning, Okay, these are the boundaries that I'm willing to accept or not. So I always learned something from every relationship I always had, which which you know, it sucks, I get it, but you're kind of better for it, to be honest with one hundred percent of it's easy to say those things and it's harder to hear. Right.
Speaker 1: Here's the other thing that people say that I don't agree with, and it might not be a popular opin, but people say people say things like, oh, you know, it's it's not it's it wasn't anything you did, or you know it's not don't worry. They just weren't you, it's them, or whatever it is. But maybe use this opportunity to look in the mirror and be like, is there something that I need to work on in myself? Have I learned anything here? Have I learned to maybe communicate better, or to not make assumptions that people know what I'm thinking? Should I or not make the assumptions that I know what other people are thinking. I think there's always a learning process in a breakup, and I think that's a pinnacle. You have a moment there to really take a look. And sometimes there's not. Sometimes it's just a reason this guy or a girl was dope and it just didn't work out. But sometimes there is, so I feel like it. Don't brush it under the rug the break up. Try to learn something from it, because it don't make the hurt feel worth it.
Speaker 2: If you really want to get back at him, just like Bang three of his friends.
Speaker 1: Three is the bare minimum man in this situation.
Speaker 2: Absolutely get them all talking, get him talking.
Speaker 1: That's what you're gonna want to do here. You want to get him talking to. You want to be you want to get over the hurt.
Speaker 2: But Gianna, our heart goes out to you. We hope, we hope you come out of it the other end better, and and you're gonna meet somebody great, he's right around the bend.
Speaker 1: Bigger, better things we hope for you always.
Speaker 2: Okay, next question, here we go. I have a five year old who just started elementary school. She's learning tons of things from her peers. She came to me and said, Mommy, what does dead mean? And then she said, are you going to be dead? Now? She's terrified that we're all gonna die. How do we navigate this? I just did this with my son recently. He he's understanding. And my daughter I remember having this conversation with too. I think it's around five or six. That's when kids kind of and that makes sense, right, uh. And I remember being a kid crying in the back of my station wagon, thinking, oh my god, my my parents are going to die, and I don't want my parents to die. And I just I was crying about it. My you know, there were solace in my folks and they were saying, it's okay, it's okay, you know, it's part of life and all this stuff. And I kind of reiterated the same things to my to my son. He's just sitting there and he's grand and I go, Kent, you know, I just give him a big hug and I go, I appreciate that you want me to be around, but it is part of life and I'm going to be around as long as I can for you, and I love you so much and as long as I'm here, I'm always going to love you. And you know, we just kind of like had a nice moment. But I think that that's something that every parent goes through, for sure. Absolutely, it's uh. I think all you can do is just console and be supportive, but don't like sugarcoated and pretend like it's it's it's not an option. Obviously it is, right, but it's like, let's watch Bambi Blind King. Yeah, that's a recurring theme in every Disney film, a lot of.
Speaker 1: Death in there. Yeah. Yeah, I had or adopt old dogs because that is how my children learned about death. Like a lot of his favorite dogs actly died. And she goes, oh, whey's uppy. I said he's dead, and she goes, well, what's that mean? And I said, you're never going to see him again? And she cried to the point I got to it and she cried a little bit and she's like, oh, I said, I said, it's okay, though, but you remember him right, and you love him and she still to this day he loves him and remembers him. And it became just a staple in the house that sometimes they're having a great time and then they won't beat her anymore. And it just became that. And then with my parents being dead, that's when the question came. It was like, I have pictures of my parents up and she's like, oh, did I ever meet Grandma? I said no, Grandma was already dead when you when you were born. And she said oh, and she's I was like, but I can tell you all about her. I tell her about herself. And then she said to me, She's like, are you going to be dead? And I said, yeah, I'm going to be dead. I said, but I'm not now, and she goes, that's right, you're not now. I said no. I said, so while we're here, let's have lots of fun. I said, but someday, when I'm gone, I'll be gone and you'll just have to remember me and remember everything we did together. And that was the conversation around it. But my kids really did learn through addressing death, and I think you need to and I don't think the one thing that gets weird for me is like how old is a kid when you bring to a funeral or awake? Like I see some kids that are at a funeral are awake of like an aunt of someone, and I'm like, why is this kid here? Sure you want them to remember them throwing them up and down and playing them or whatever, you know, you don't want to remember them in a box. It's really weird, you know. And we ran into that a little bit with my mom because my mom passed away. My niece Nephries were a little younger, and my sister was like battling with it. I was like, don't bring, don't bring a good point. Yeah. So that's where it gets a little weird for me because that is not explaining life and death as much as putting them in a situation where they have to try to process the thing by themselves, you know, conversation around it. I definitely am all for it. I think, uh, honesty and also using the tools like what we made a joke, but people dye in movies, things you know, like Bambi, Lion King. I mean, I can't believe Mufassa and Linking Star for spoiler alert, but when that happened as an adult like I was older. I was like, you know, I was in my twenties when it came out or whatever, and I was like wow.
Speaker 2: I was like that really hit yea, And I mean the first ten minutes of Up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like real downer.
Speaker 2: Even thinking about that, I could well up. I'm like, they nailed that. Uh that montage, it's beautiful. It's heartbreaking.
Speaker 1: And yeah.
Speaker 2: But my son when he when he was like, what is death? I said, come tonight to my show and you'll see yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait till daddy starts working. Yeah, and I will show you what that is. I mean, I'm trying to think if I remember my first experience.
Speaker 2: With that sixth sense. When he's like I see dead People, I'm like, oh, you've been to my shop holding the ticket stub.
Speaker 1: It's a Steve Birn live. It's a coma merchant. I heeart Steve Byrn dead People. That's a really funny meme. We should make that meme. Somebody make that for us and please post it and tag us in it. Oh, that's really funny. He's wearing your merch. It's the funniest thing you've ever said on this show.
Speaker 2: It only took eight episodes.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got finally you got one. I love you.
Speaker 2: I think you're very funny.
Speaker 1: That was really funny, though, that was next level. That was a joke when you said it like you appreciated his comedian as well. And that was really funny. I see dead people on Fridays. It's a comedy cellar. Oh that's funny, man, that's funny. See look you can laugh about death. Yeah, play you can watch this. We did a great job. Put the five year old dead meats gone for it means they're out. You ain't seeing them again. Love your uncle, Joe. I'm sorry. You're cool. Mom, man your age show. But Mom and Joe said that they're dead.
Speaker 2: They're God forever. All right, it's coming to us from Shannon. Hey, Mommy's I'm about to be twenty five. Congratulations. And I never experienced living alone. I went to college close to home, so I've lived with my mom my whole life. I live in Lost in the LA Area, and the living expenses plus my income here just don't allow me to have room to experience living on my own. I pay my way for pretty much everything except rent. I have a two part question. One any financial tips on how to save while still being able to go out and enjoy my twenties, especially since two years of it was taken away. That's a great point. I My heart goes out to her too. How can I try to spend some time living alone without breaking the bank? Okay, so how do you save and how do you spend time living alone without breaking the bank.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because we just had this conversation not too long ago. This is the first time in my adult life that I'm living alone. I'm truly living alone for the first time in my life. I always had a roommate, and then I was married and had kids. Yeah, and when I moved out, I'm the first time living alone. I'm forty six years old. Wow, which is interesting because I also lived with my mother in my thirties and so I basically always had a roommate and I went away to college. So the first time I'm living alone from eighteen years old is forty six years old. Holy, cas is that crazy?
Speaker 2: That is wild?
Speaker 1: And first time ever had yeah. Wow, So I'm experiencing a different type of weirdness with it. But just for your point about the saving, it all comes down to your whole question just revolves around making concessions. You have to what's important for you, what's important to do. Do you want to spend money going out with your friends and have a smaller apartment. Do you want to have a bigger apartment You're happy to spend time in where you're you gonna spend your money. You have a limited resource, and it's just all about allocations. So I think that's the main thing that comes to my mind. First of all, is tough too.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a that's another piece of the puzzle that's like, wow, it's really pricey. I just saw something today. Somebody posted it's eight dollars and twenty five cents a gallon of like the cheap stuff. Eight dollars and twenty five cents. Can you imagine being a college kid trying to do that in a town or just anybody that you got a name tag and you got to go to work.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, after taxes, has taken me three hours to make up a gallon. It's crazy, you know, Yeah, it's nuts.
Speaker 2: I went to the gas station, I put my credit card in, I put my UH ZIP code in, and then I was approved of the loan.
Speaker 1: Hello there, I can't do it. It's for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to wedding. They're they're registered at Shell and BP. Guys, stop stop, make me stop it.
Speaker 1: Sty're registered Shell. That's a great. Yeah. Well, first of all, you're picking it. You're in a tough town. That is, if you're going to try to live alone, like you, maybe move to a cheaper town.
Speaker 2: I guess you got to have a roommate though. Yeah, you got it in your twenties in LA. You're gonna have a roommates likely. Yeah, you have to think and yeah, you do want to go out, you want to have fun, but you're gonna be with like minded people and you're going to find a great core friends and uh and she probably already has them. Yeah, but I think when you start branching off into adulthood and she's twenty five, that that's what sucks. Right. Imagine me in twenty five and you lose two years because of COVID.
Speaker 1: That's what I'll say is if you live with the right people, it won't it doesn't feel like a burden. I will also say this because I'm thinking about back on all my roommates and they are literally my best, my best friends, right, Yeah, mer Joe the fish justin like all these guys are my guys, Like they're my best friends that I that I've lived with, and so it doesn't have to be a burden. I guess you just have to get somebody that you could live well with. And also the the other thing is a roommate does add value, right, somebody's split the costs with. You can afford a bigger place. You know there is there is things there. You know you could you could find a silver lining of having to have a roommate. And what I would say is, don't put yourself in a financial situation strap so you could live on your own, because then you just canna be unhappy in an apartment by yourself. That's true.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be underwater.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're a lesser scuba diver, and then I don't know you do professionally. I'm urged in the shell to drive. Oh I get it because I was on the water. Be back in eight months. We don't have insurts, don't have shirts.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: What well, Shannon, what happened?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: It looks matter? Okay, we corrected it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Shannon, we wish you all the best. Uh. By the way, it's great advice, and I think the roommate situation is spot on. You want to that's not something to be taken lightly. By the way, I've I've got a few friends in LA and you know, over the years, I've had many a call like my roommate's driving my god, just really really, that's something you really want to wake the tires on.
Speaker 1: Would you and I make good roommates?
Speaker 2: I haven't had a roommate for a long time.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's play a fun game. Okay, okay, let's go back to twenty five year old Steve. Oh, I'd be the best and twenty four year old Joe twenty three year old twenty.
Speaker 2: Four year old I bet you the killer roommate.
Speaker 1: You be the best, fantastic roommate. But I'm saying it, would we have so much fun? Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. I was always game for anything. And the thing about me when I was twenty four is that I drank a lot less. Yep, I was a lot more active.
Speaker 1: See. I think that's where we'd miss. Like now, if I had young Steve, I'd be like, oh, this guy's way too active. If I have old he was like, Oh, this guy's always too drunk.
Speaker 2: But I'm very clean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, very orderly. Do you cook?
Speaker 2: I do love to cook.
Speaker 1: I love to cook too.
Speaker 2: I always cooked in college.
Speaker 1: I cooked with own my roommates pretty much.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna leave my wife and kids for eight months.
Speaker 1: We'll give it eight and then you go back. If it doesn't work out, you can just come back with it like nothing, or on some glasses and be like, hey, things, this is the way it is now.
Speaker 2: Daddy's home thing.
Speaker 1: Don thanks so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: Everybody, these two cool mommies love you, so show us some love.
Speaker 1: Please rate us, review us, follow us on all social media, and subscribe to our YouTube