Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data throw.
Speaker 3: Master along with m Stanimak, Let's get to you some stocks on the move.
Speaker 1: With us Denisa Saekova, Bloomberg News cross ass that reporter.
Speaker 4: She joins us, I'm so happy to join you, guys. Nike is down. We've been talking about twenty.
Speaker 1: First interesting, it's moving as we speak.
Speaker 4: It's moving as you speak after ours, it's the futures. It's pretty much twenty four to seven trading. But Nike reported earnings after ours. It was better than expected results. But still we're seeing a pretty bad reaction in the stocks. We're seeing some catious commentary from executives and that was enough to trigger It's down more than.
Speaker 3: Three percent, four percent as we speak.
Speaker 4: Oh, down four percent as we speak. Yeah, it tumbled a few other percentage points. The stock is declined more than thirty six percent this year, so pretty rough start of the year. Sales were eleven billion for the fiscal quarters, surpassing the average estimate. Earnings for share worth seventy two cents far exceeding expectations. So we're seeing all those good company fundamentals delivering. But nevertheless, the investors have high bar. There has been this big transition for the last two years under the CEO, heel and the company has been progressing, but there has been so many different confusions and different problems that the investors have a pretty high bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The CEO yes, indeed, making some comments actually in the earning statement, he said that Nike is encouraged by progress and products designed for sports. Matt from the company's outgoing chief financial officers said the company's efforts to sell its products for full price remain challenged.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's a bit endove.
Speaker 4: It says a lot. And they had a lot of controversary. They had like a Boston Marathon ad that got pulled, then some of the World Cup inventories being hard to sell and getting that comment as well as full price items are hard to sell. You know, there are a lot of pressures, a lot of controversies.
Speaker 1: Those Team us A Jersey are moving quickly though, and those are Nike. I guess Pul of Bloomberg Intelligence saying on Bloomberg Intelligence earlier today, well, talking about the China story ahead of these earnings, but there are questions about it. Are they going to still have an investor day given that there's a new CFO. Well that's interesting the investor day. I don't know if they've announced anything yet. I didn't see it in the terminal yet.
Speaker 3: I didn't see an announcement for that, not yet, so stand.
Speaker 1: By, okay the next I'm obsessed with this story, and I think everybody who has a smartphone, yes, yes, yes, yes, there could be some competition.
Speaker 4: There could be competition for Verizon Communications and AT and T. The stocks were down. Verizon VZ is the ticker was down three percent today. At and T the ticker is T is down five percent today, and it's coming off news from SpaceX. SpaceX held executive level talks about partnering on a consumer mobile fine offering. You know, SpaceX has been really disrupting a lot of like the wireless business, and I'm sure Elon disrupting. He is disrupting a right look a look at the stock price. So Charter, the largest home internet provider in the US, could run some of SpaceX phone traffic through its ground based internet infrastructure. So the company already offers Starlink mobile service as a ten door month add on on Tiamobile, Inc. But then the thing is, I think SpaceX can go directly and offer it to consumers, so they don't need Tiamobile, they don't need AT and T, they don't need Verizon. And we can see that reflected in the stock price. Clearly investors are pretty bullish on SpaceX and not so bullition on Veriecity.
Speaker 5: I can't I tell you this could be a game changer, more competition and also could mean that these companies are able to or are forced to charge less if there's another competitor.
Speaker 4: The coet competation.
Speaker 1: I don't want to blow up Mike McKee's spot, but he was on this very cool vacation last week and a very rural part of this country where typically you wouldn't have any sort of cell phone service, and one of the guys on his trip had brought and I was like, Oh, it must have been so nice to be unplugged and get away from it all and somebody brought more.
Speaker 5: But you can it's somebody brought start, right, Can we do the reveal?
Speaker 3: Like we were out in Southampton and not great service and our whole crew doing our broadcast. Did it via starlink.
Speaker 4: It is so good even on airplaneses like you can see how how much better is the Wi Fi now compared to like two years ago.
Speaker 5: It's just crazy game changer.
Speaker 3: Okay, time for one more Strategy.
Speaker 4: We've been talking a lot about Strategy. It had a great day yesterday, but it only lasted one day. Strategy shares filled more than six percent today only start cutting their price tag. We had both TD Cowen cut their price tag from four hundred to two hundred and sixty. That's a pretty big cut. And then kind of court, Genuineity cut their price taget from one hundred and sixty to one hundred and thirty. Nevertheless, the company says that they may sell up to one point more than one billion of bitcoin, and clearly yesterday that was enough relief for investors. But the direction of travel is not great. The stock has been selling off for months. It's down about forty percent year today, and it's script to winter and it's a prolonged scrypt to winter.
Speaker 2: The stock Mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street. And for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.