Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's you, Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo. Then iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Happy Weekend to all that are listening on weekend.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of excited to talk about Funheads today because there were some things that I really noticed. So I'm just going to go right for it. Is that Sutton Foster's real brother.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you for saying that, because I was watching and saying they are what great casting, what great casting. They look alike, they have similar mannerisms. Then I looked at our call sheet on our rundown and sure as hell, Hunter Foster as Scotty Sims.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Definitely enjoyed it. With them being brother and sister.
Speaker 5: There was a little bit of a weird.
Speaker 3: Brandon and Brenda from nine o two and zero, like a hint of a flirt that I think just because they're pals. I was like, Oh, but yet, I get that they're siblings. But did you not feel that at all when you're like, oh, they're a little.
Speaker 1: I cannot say that I did.
Speaker 3: It's hard to write siblings stuff because it always if you.
Speaker 5: Get siblings that are like.
Speaker 3: Close and fun and I did really enjoy their fight at the end because I thought, ah, now we're at it.
Speaker 5: But it's hard to write siblings. Also, I know.
Speaker 3: We talked about White Lotus earlier, but the siblings in White Lotus are just bizarre.
Speaker 1: I know, they're so bizarre.
Speaker 4: I love, I actually love the brother sister storyline.
Speaker 5: Right, I'll hand it to you. I thought it was good. I thought it was good.
Speaker 3: I don't think this episode is as strong as the one before.
Speaker 1: Well, let's give a little synopsis.
Speaker 4: So Michelle receives a visit from her brother after another failed marriage, while Melanie's new passion for roller Door releaves Ginny feeling abandoned, and Boo and carlst busy with their child care duties. Which is a storyline that's annoying the crap out of me.
Speaker 3: So so, so dumb, so dumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's annoying. Should we start from the.
Speaker 6: Top, Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, Jordan, before you do, can I say one thing, yes, sleep acting is as hard as drunk acting, because when they were like falling asleep talking, I really had a note of sleep acting is not easy.
Speaker 1: It's also like when you have to play dead.
Speaker 5: And just.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I feel like I'm like, I see them moving. I see that moving, them moving. Anyways, start from the top, start from.
Speaker 4: Okay, So from the top we we get Jordan. He's teaching class.
Speaker 1: He is a what's the right word.
Speaker 5: He is a bossy pants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bossy MEETI pants.
Speaker 3: He is an incredible dance dancer, I know, my gosh. And then we get the end scene where he does the solo dance. I mean, he is a fabulous, incredible wow. But I was like, come on, guy, chill. And also, wasn't he a student like one minute ago?
Speaker 4: I yeah, And we'll get to the ending scene a little bit later. But I almost clicked off.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, ukulele, So you thought he was so annoying or at the end, you're like.
Speaker 4: At the end when Michelle and her brother were sitting on the porch, I.
Speaker 1: Thought that was the ending scene.
Speaker 3: So I was like, all right, oh, and then you're like, whoa, this guy came out of door.
Speaker 5: It's sort of the credits.
Speaker 3: He kind of dances with the credits. Yeah, and then he was.
Speaker 5: Being mean to himself.
Speaker 3: I didn't love that. I didn't love it.
Speaker 1: I didn't love that either.
Speaker 4: Melanie's watching rollo Derby practice and oh, yeah, what do you think of her doing roller derby?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm not in the weeds on roller derby, but I know people that do do it, and I said, do do so? I thought, you know, and I kind of at the time was sort of like roller Derby was kind of I had some friends doing roller derby.
Speaker 5: I didn't mind it. I didn't love it.
Speaker 3: I thought Ginny and the whole wedding fiascost I didn't love a lot of the storyline.
Speaker 1: Do do you help me understand what roller derby is?
Speaker 3: I think it's like bully roller skating, but.
Speaker 1: Like, is the point to knock out people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you like go around that thing and circle circle circles super fast.
Speaker 5: I think you like.
Speaker 3: Plow over people.
Speaker 1: I'm my odd.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's kind of aggressive. Yeah, but it's like girls. It's girls do roller derby and they're like, what there's like movies about roller derby and they go around that thing super super fast on roller skates, which I love, but then they kind of rah each other and yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean I would think so, and I sort of like that.
Speaker 3: Kouz and starting to like I don't know why we're all so mad at her. I'm like, this girl's cool, Why are we so I feel.
Speaker 4: Like Sasha I didn't see Sasha, And that was one note that I did make.
Speaker 1: I was like, no Sasha to this episode that I.
Speaker 3: Wonder if they were like doing double ups or something like, why would they not have all the girls in every episode? I don't really know. There must have been some reason because there's often episodes where the girls are missing.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Boo wasn't in the last episode.
Speaker 3: I know, And then Boo was pretty heavy in this one. Maybe because they were young. I don't know, but there it feels weird, but there must have been a reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Then we had the scene with Jinny asking Melanie where she's been, and that, you know, she's not answering her phone and and all that kind of stuff. And I don't know why Melanie's not like, hey, I'm rolled.
Speaker 1: They're being I know.
Speaker 3: I don't know why it was such a secret, but I think it was because she got the in from Cosette, and Ginny doesn't like Cosette because Cosette's like trying to infiltrate the school. I don't know, It's sort of like around the river and through the woods. Who can whatever. I'm happy to see Michelle and Godeau getting along again.
Speaker 1: You know, I really do love Goodah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Godeau's a baller and Michelle needs to realize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 5: Michelle's irritating me a lot less.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like I remember this when I was watching it. It's like Sutton Foster sort of found her way. She sort of found her way right, like she was over the top or way too, way too.
Speaker 1: Like someone gave her some good notes and she listened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone said, you're playing this a little annoying. I think we need to dial it. Yeah, I agree, and she did, and I'm happy about it and.
Speaker 1: Great this is when we meet Scottie So who.
Speaker 3: Drilled You know the word shrill, I don't use that word, but it's almost like in the early episodes she was a hint trill or something like where you're like, oh, but now she's kind of settled in.
Speaker 5: I still am disappointed in the fashion and the show.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's significant, do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. It's not a big role. They they definitely and I wish it was.
Speaker 4: They definitely said, we're gonna because if you look at like the dancing scenes, like they have that whole room filled with dancers that are obviously dancers they put their money in.
Speaker 1: Yeah that versus the fashion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whereas Gilmore Girl's fashion was really really really good. Yeah, I would agree with that really good. So you know, look, I I'm not gonna lie. I love Sex and the City because I love the fashion. Now. I love the storylines, so here I do enjoy it, but I the fashion is like lacking for me. So that might be a that might be like a judgment. That's just like someone's eye rolling me right now. And I respect that because I get it. It doesn't really matter. But anyway, no, I get it.
Speaker 1: It. It bothers me to see something in town.
Speaker 5: I think just because in Gilmore Girls and in.
Speaker 3: Masl the styling of it, the fashion is just a little bit a part of it, and this I'm like, uh, I'm better here. I also cannot stand the town. I'm like, God, stop showing me this town because this isn't a town. It's Manhattan Beach. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Anyway, whatever, but yeah, I mean, like I said, Scotty's waiting on Michelle's porch when Goodo was walking her back.
Speaker 1: Kind of awkward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a little weird, but whatever, fine.
Speaker 4: And Scotty said he was just married again to his fourth and then I think Michelle forret him to fifth wife.
Speaker 3: They're kind of a mess, these two, Like, let's be honest, they're kind of a mess.
Speaker 1: I like that he's a mess.
Speaker 4: I like that they're both mess And obviously we hear at the end that basically their mom was just.
Speaker 3: Not a mom. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah was Fanny in this episode?
Speaker 1: She was not and I and same with Truly, I don't remember truly.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and no, Sasha, you know, they really like I think Kelly Bishop like was a you know, a major part of the show, but she's not. She's in like only half the episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when she's in them, they're good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, uh, Michelle calls Gotti's ex wife to get his stuff.
Speaker 1: Back and Boo shows up with their little brothers.
Speaker 3: That was a bit weird. So, yeah, who were all those kids?
Speaker 1: It was her brother's friends.
Speaker 3: I felt like I was sort of watching an episode of the Babysitters Club, Like I was like, how did this happen? And I get it. We're supposed to sort of giggle at Oh they seem so married and now booze.
Speaker 1: But I don't like it, and I don't like how like Carl runs in. They're not even.
Speaker 3: Eighteen years old.
Speaker 5: I need to go to the gym. I gotta go to dance.
Speaker 1: I haven't had time for myself.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, come on.
Speaker 5: I get what they were sort of trying. It was sort of a it was a.
Speaker 3: It was an attempt at something, but it just was like I kind of giggled a couple times, but.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh I didn't because I'm just like, this is cringey. It's also not believable when Boo was even.
Speaker 3: Like talking to Jordan No and.
Speaker 1: She was like, you know that they're part of the deal with the kids.
Speaker 3: Oh I know, and it was like, just give them back to whoever you're you took them from. Like it's yeah, sort of, I was like, where's Sasha. Basically I agree.
Speaker 4: Then we go to the roller derby and we see that she's trying it out and because that's a.
Speaker 3: DJ and you know, here's the thing. Sorry, keep going, No, you're good. We kind of okay. Obviously she pushed the two people in the last episode so we could get to this roller derby thing. Yeah, okay, fine, but also I'm fine without it. It's just like great, whatever, fine, it was funnier when she just pushed the people. I didn't really even need all this roller derby, you know, brighamarole. But whatever, fine, it's not a problem either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: Anyway, go ahead, keep going.
Speaker 4: And then we're back to the dance studio, and this is where Ginny is asking Melanie where she's been and that she has that the Bridesmaids stress is awful and her mom is trying to sabotage.
Speaker 3: And that was also crazy. There was so much crazy in this because it's like her ma. Obviously I get it, her ma, her dad's getting remarried, the mom's all upset about it. But it's just like, whoa crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what episode did they all go to dinner? Her and her mom and then the other girl and her dad.
Speaker 5: Was that this.
Speaker 3: Episode or last week when they went to dinner? Do you know what I'm talking about? They all went to a restaurant she something with the valet the ballet, and like, was that this episode or last night?
Speaker 1: No, it's not this episode. I don't remember that.
Speaker 3: Sure. I sort of thought, well, why aren't they together Ginny's mom and the other girl's dad, But I guess there he's still married.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I couldn't quite figure that out.
Speaker 5: You don't remember this, nobody remember?
Speaker 3: I don't think I made it up. Anyway. They were at like a restaurant and it was the the two girls and one mom and one dad not together anyway, Who cares?
Speaker 4: Oh, Jackie says, it is this episode. Why don't I recall that at all?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was sort of a funny, insignificant scene, but I was sort of like, well, why aren't these two together? What's going on? Anyway?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you guys.
Speaker 4: I blacked out when I was watching it then, because I have recollection of that that actual zero that can happen. We go to the roller dirty and Melanie gets the nickname Cleos macdra which I thought was kind of funny.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you know what there was though?
Speaker 3: There was two roller Derby names that I can't remember right now that were sort of takes on celebrities that made me laugh. Not her roller Deby name, but two others and I laughed because I was like, Okay, that's funny.
Speaker 4: And then we get the dance scene where Jordan is yelling at everyone and Boo just puts him in his place.
Speaker 3: It was funny, it was amusing.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 3: Everything felt a little round peg square hold me in this episode, like, I agree, we're trying this not totally working. We're trying this is not totally working. Nothing's really working, but we're just gonna keep trying it.
Speaker 4: Then we're back at the roller Derby and uh, Ginny shows up in her bridesmaid's dress that is completely ruined by punch.
Speaker 1: And I loved when Melanie was like, hey, we're where did you guys get punch? And Ginny just went.
Speaker 4: On her well rant about how you can get punch anywhere at the supermarket, YadA YadA, YadA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she calls out Ralphs and Bonds. She's like Ralphs and Vonds.
Speaker 5: It was funny.
Speaker 3: It was all fine, whatever, yyada YadA. That's how I felt, like, okay.
Speaker 1: Fine, but we get the you know, we get the payoff that.
Speaker 4: Ginny now knows that Melanie is in the roller Derby and it's because of Cosette and.
Speaker 3: She's all mad at Cosette and says, you won't steal my friend.
Speaker 1: That's such a high school thing.
Speaker 4: That is so high school, like, oh, you can't be friends with that person because you're friends with me.
Speaker 3: When did we get to the part where Sutton Foster and her brother falling asleep in the ukulele and they're talking to sleep and then they have their big fight, Like that was kind of amusing.
Speaker 1: That's that's next.
Speaker 4: So so Scotty shows up to get an extra key and Michelle's place because he lost his last one. Michelle's up set because Scotti told her that the ukulele was when in reality he had it the whole time.
Speaker 3: I mean, that was sort of what I know.
Speaker 4: And then you you know, get a Scottie started to fight about his ex best friend that Michelle dated and he didn't even remember the name because yeah, Eric Johnson and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they fight about their mom and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all sort of good and sort of huh. I don't care, Like it was like almost a good episode, but I'm gonna have to give it like a five because it just nothing clicked for me. I was like, oh, oh, do you do you ever?
Speaker 1: Because you have you have two brothers. I have a brother. Do you ever fight with your brothers?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: My god? That is like I love when I see families having meltown's on TV because I'm like, at least we're not that weird.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I know my friend Carrie, her family is one of those families were like the sibling the three siblings all get along and the parents will get to love each other and it's just so perfect and you go over and dinner's ready and everyone's having a great time. And I've this is long, Like I've known these people since seventh grade and I've never seen anyone get in a fight. And I'm like, when does that happen?
Speaker 4: But then we all know the family who cannot just cannot get their shi t together and.
Speaker 3: You just fight with your siblings, and who do you fight with more?
Speaker 4: My sister is It's like it's not even a possibility to fight with her because she's the chillest person on the entire Like you can literally tell.
Speaker 3: Her so little, she's so much younger, you can.
Speaker 4: Tell her I hate you and she'll be like that's okay, and so like it's literally like.
Speaker 5: I want to be like that.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: Do you like that.
Speaker 4: She gives me so much anxiety because she is like that and I'm the exact opposite. She's just like, that's that's fine, okay, Okay, so she it's in cape like it's not even a possibility to fight with her.
Speaker 5: Is your brother like that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: My brother, on the other hand, has to have the last word for everything, and I kind of in the same way. So we my brother and I we we we go at it a little bit, but never never mean, it's just always like no, no, you're wrong, you're wrong, you know, like that, not like like we've never not spoken to each other, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's never gone like that. It's just good old brother sister.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: I like it. I like it. I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But then yeah, I mean, but then we get the The show ends with.
Speaker 4: Scotty and Michelle on the porch explaining her ukulele. They're singing together, and then good old Jordan at the very very end is dancing and he's literally coaching himself, I know, and beating down on himself like it was kind of sad. I was actually made very intrigued about his character.
Speaker 3: It's also like, again, I felt like a reach that didn't connect, do you know what I mean? They're trying a lot in this episode, and again like that's really hard to pull off like a dance or be need to them, and it just was like a lot of it for me was.
Speaker 1: Man, yeah, for sure, I get that.
Speaker 3: I don't know, just like it was fine, it just didn't totally work.
Speaker 1: What would you rate this episode?
Speaker 2: Fine?
Speaker 3: It was fine. It wasn't great.
Speaker 4: I'd give it six and a half. It was entertaining, but there's some things like the boostoryline that bothered me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, But fine, I'll be there. I'll be there next week to see what happened.
Speaker 4: Well, speaking of next week, we're already on episode fifteen, so this is coming to an end.
Speaker 1: Real real soon.
Speaker 3: We're coming to the end, I know.
Speaker 1: So until then, bun Heads Out.
Speaker 3: Bun Heads out, est.
Speaker 2: J Hey, everybody to forget. Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.