Speaker 1: And I invited you here. I thought I made myself perfectly clear. When you're a guest to my home, you gotta come to me empty. And I said, no, guests, you're on presences presents enough. I already had too much stuff. So how did you dare to surbey me?
Speaker 2: Welcome to I said, no gifts. I'm Bridger Wine girl. What's happening? What's happening? I think this is the first show post the live show in New York. We're back in Los Angeles. We had a ball, We had the time of our lives. If you weren't there, that's something you will just kind of regret for the rest of your life. That will haunt you. And I hope it does. I hope that's just on your mind constantly. So that was the And then I was in New York for a few days and almost nothing happened like The other memorable thing was I had a bad Lentil soup, which I thought was the safe bet, and I wasn't even able to finish the cup of soups. I don't know what went wrong there. On my way home, this is important. In the uber, on the way back to the airport, they had the little screen. And of course I'm figuring out what my horoscope is. And I'm just gonna read this for libras. It said take this summer to plan a camping trip with close friends and reconnect. So that was timely. I adore today's guest. Everyone adores today's guest.
Speaker 3: It's caught you, not everyone, not everyone.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't want to hear about the other people.
Speaker 3: People who would disagree. Now you thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Of course, welcome to I said, no gifts.
Speaker 3: I am happy to be here. Did you figure out what kind of rat you are?
Speaker 2: No? I couldn't figure honalas I'm a wood rat.
Speaker 3: I wonder if that's compatible with a water dog. Oh what, I guess we'll find out.
Speaker 2: I wonder what on at least? Do you know what the qualities of a wood rat are? Well, I know that just for a rat, you're supposed to be charming and hard working, so thrifty. Oh my god, that that one actually works? That is so that? I mean one out of three isn't bad.
Speaker 3: That's great?
Speaker 2: Wow, interesting would rat? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And you know if you go to them the I think it's the Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art Lakama. They have an incredible circle of sculptures that are of all the animals and the Chinese zodiac. The snake is amazing, the pig is amazing. It's they're beautiful.
Speaker 2: Is this a temporary thing or no, it's there.
Speaker 3: It's like they're permanent. It's like an on the outside by the restaurant. Check it out. It's really great.
Speaker 2: So you're a water dog? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I just take it literally because I am a profuse, prodigious sweater and you know, female impersonator, So just sweaty bitch makes sense.
Speaker 2: Right, of course, it's right.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I knew I was a rat for a long time, but I had no idea that were I mean in so many senses of the.
Speaker 3: Word, like a rat searching ground looking for a food.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I have said on this point jealous. I'm not a really jealous person.
Speaker 3: Are you a tittletale?
Speaker 2: No? But I have said on this podcast before that it's very pro snitch, pro rat rat. Yeah you got us.
Speaker 3: I would never, no matter how many fingers they cut off, I would never tell I would never.
Speaker 2: Do you really think you wouldn't snitch on principle?
Speaker 3: I so admire the people who get like flayed alive and then won't talk because that then it's just on it. It's it's like the ultimate last thing you can do.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's as like when it's a power play, right, even if the information is like not even that great, not even whatever. If I'm getting tortured, I'm not going.
Speaker 2: To say it. To torture someone to death and not get a juicy tidbit out of them, that's.
Speaker 3: And they have to live with that guilt and these you know, it's a whole right. I get to go to heaven and they are going to hell, and it's all. It's wonderful.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that there are particular people I wouldn't snitch on. But if I were in the mafia or something like this, I think I would be.
Speaker 3: Going to get whacked. Yeah, so you're essentially killing yourself.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course, and why not I guess to be killed by the mob.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they're just gonna Yeah, that's true. I mean, I I just recently watched Goodfellas.
Speaker 2: Oh I love Goodfellows.
Speaker 3: It's fantastic, and you know, and the Godfather Wait, speaking with Godfather, have you seen Mega Floppolis?
Speaker 2: I've seen the first hour. Okay, I got a little sleepy. I got a little because you know, I mean, it's insane, it's so wild to watch. But the story is so just all over the place that you stop following it and starts to feel like someone's telling you a dream or something.
Speaker 3: And I just was like, oh, yeah, I was tempted to go in theater, but I just I don't want to be bored at the movies.
Speaker 2: No, and you are kind of bored, I think if you were. I think my audience was weirdly taking the movie seriously, and you want to be there with people who are like on board with Oh, we all think this is a crazy movie kinds of shit. Yeah, right, And it felt like everyone around me wanted to see the movie, so it was boring, damn. But I've heard the last half has some really wild moments as well that I'll have to.
Speaker 3: You'll catch it on streaming stream The Substance.
Speaker 2: Oh, I loved The Substance. I had a great time.
Speaker 3: One of the best movie going experiences of my life.
Speaker 2: It is so I mean, I will say, forty minutes too long.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting.
Speaker 2: I felt like it kind of ended and then I mean the ending, The last like third of it is so outrageous, fond and outrageous to watch. But it's like, maybe it could have just tightened it up a bit or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think if I watched it twice and I was like if I had the first time I saw it, I was like, Okay, it's my favorite movie. This is gonna be my personality for the next three years. And then I again, I'm like, Okay, this is just a movie. There are flaws, and I think I would have nixed the strigen known of cooking. Second. Oh, I would have just got rid of that altogether. Then that's the only place I feel I could have been trimmed. But god, I love that fucking movie.
Speaker 2: I went in knowing literally nothing, Oh you did.
Speaker 3: I mean very not. I had seen only the teaser, not the trailer.
Speaker 2: I hadn't even seen a teaser. I knew that the demur wasn't it, And I knew that the title was the substance.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm so jealous. That must have been amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I kind of went in thinking it was going to be kind of like a hard drama or like a really dark drama, and it's like oh pure, Tom called the subs.
Speaker 3: I just can't believe Margaret Qualley's breasts were prosthetics. They were, Yes, they were.
Speaker 2: Was that like match to me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, because Margaret. And it's interesting because you know, she's the younger, more perfect version of Demi Mour But the real life actress does not have big boobs, right, so they needed to give her big boobs which seamless, incredible, unclockable breasts.
Speaker 2: Wow. And I was so proud of them to make a movie where they just cast a younger actor to play the younger part, rather than putting the actor in weird makeup.
Speaker 3: The breast Yeah, yeah, yeah, uncanny.
Speaker 2: Valley, Tom Cruise flipping on a train making hot chocolate, don't you think.
Speaker 3: While we were talking about other options for Margaret, quality looks like Jennifer Connolly.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, But.
Speaker 3: Jennifer Connolly is not old enough. She's only fifty. Although Demi Moore is sixty sixty, playing fifty it works better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Connelly would have had to play forty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then it's like get too young to right.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make enough sense. I mean maybe it would just be an even edgy or but look at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think the meta Demi Moore's career gave it a huge robust flavor that it wouldn't have had with another actress, you know, because she's gone through the plastic surgery scandals and all that crowd.
Speaker 2: Oh right, that's true, Like she actually brings something to it personally. Yeah, oh no. I had such a good time, and I was obviously just so repulse over and over and over. But the thing that really like makes me feel bad is seeing like close ups of a syringe, going, oh my god.
Speaker 3: If you don't like that kind of stuff, if you don't like like like large gauge needles puncturing like festering wounds, this is not the movie for you. Baby. It is tough to I usually don't. I usually flinch. I was just very glad there were no needles in the neck, oh, because that's one of my pet peeves. We don't do needles in the neck on planet Earth.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, who whatever.
Speaker 3: Nobody does needles in the neck unless they're like heavy hardcore heron auticts. But even then, it's not like a gem in in. It's very slow, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And there are just so many other areas of the body that you can go through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you're doing like I just hate that. Any writer out there in Hollywood, please don't write that into your script, the whole jabbing the thing in the neck and then all and then they immediately like fall down.
Speaker 2: Oh the im media falling down. I think we've got to figure out.
Speaker 3: Yes, you have to write it because like an intramuscular injection is going to take about fifteen to twenty five minutes to take effect. And I recently saw a movie where that happened and I was like, oh, yes, and but you know the whole like jam it in the thigh, they fall over.
Speaker 2: I hate that, right, And I mean even with like in action movies being people being shot and then just falling over. I think we're ready. We're all adults. We can see a little bit more of the struggle. You don't just fall to the ground, right.
Speaker 3: And if it's in reality, you can't slide and then fall off a cliff and hang with one hand, like not even an Olympic athlete could do that. No, not even like the best gymnasts could do.
Speaker 2: That would rip your arm off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you would just not be able to grip and hold like it's fucking and then hold somebody else the.
Speaker 2: Upper body strength. I mean, unless that's part of the story.
Speaker 3: It never is. It's always like die hard or like, you know, they're human beings and those supernatural powers, yet they can get they can stick a needle in somebody's neck and there immediately die or get. You know, it's just, oh, I hate it so much. I hate it.
Speaker 2: Did you watch Long Legs?
Speaker 3: I did. I thought it sucked. I you know, brilliant marketing. I was so crhymed, pumped, psyched and ready to have like my head blown off and to have nightmares for like six months.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 3: My friend and I laughed like all the way through. And it was such a rip off of Silence of the Lambs of like seven, even David Lynchy kind of it was. It was so shitty. I hated it so much. No offense to the director. I'm sure he's a lovely person, but yeah, it was just so over hyped and under delivered.
Speaker 2: No, this is exactly You're maybe the third person on this podcast I've asked if they had seen it. They hadn't, and so that I'm just like, well, I have nowhere to share these feelings. This is exactly how I felt. I felt like the first like minute was like, oh, this is kind of spooking.
Speaker 3: Well, you know when when Spoilerer when right at the beginning, when she says it's that house, he goes in and gets shot immediately. That was a lovely cool fair moment.
Speaker 2: Tints with like the plastic hanging from the sea.
Speaker 3: Very haunting. That's it.
Speaker 2: It's so after that then it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like I might come back. Was twice so it was man made and we were laughing. I was like, I know this is supposed to be creepy in a lynche in that sort of way, but it's just failing at it.
Speaker 2: I wondered throughout the movie if it weren't Nicholas Cage, if it would have been scary, But I just kept thinking, that's.
Speaker 3: Nick kg No, he was the best part of it. I thought he was very good.
Speaker 2: But I just kept thinking, this can't be a scary monster. It should be an anonymous actor that I that at least feels like they're from another realm. Yeah, otherwise I'm like, oh, it's just him and makeup.
Speaker 3: And also a good job, Like it was like she's an FBI agent and she didn't bother to check her mom's courting house. Like it was like so bad. I was like, oh whatever, Yeah, it was such a disappointment. But then I saw the Terrifier Part three.
Speaker 2: Oh, that looks genuinely scary to me, is it? All three of them look so scary.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna be frank. Number one piece of shit. Number two very very shitty and long. Number three tight and very well improved. I shouldn't have said they were shit because I'm lobbying hard to be cast in the fourth one.
Speaker 2: Well, you've got thoughts that you can share with the creative team.
Speaker 3: No, I would never know. I said I would give them. I would come with no notes or anything. I'd just be very like, you know, enthusiastic about whatever they wanted me to do.
Speaker 2: But it is.
Speaker 3: I saw it on a sneak preview night with you know, diehard horror fans at the Egyptian Theater, and that experience rivaled the substance because it was all a bunch of freaks who love Gore and the movie is so disgusting. It's so disgusting. It's relentlessly, brutally, sadistically disgusting, but not in the hostile kind of way, right, like not like hostile Saw, Like it doesn't try to emulate the real world. In fact, there are supernatural elements to the killer now into the Kills, but spoiler alert, there's a chainsaw up the ass oh my, and to the genet and that's just like not even the most horrifying part. It's like it just never stops. It's so we were screaming and everybody was screaming, and I'm like, oh, this is great.
Speaker 2: And does the gore feel realistic?
Speaker 3: It's it's like jiallo. I think it's like it's it's Saw. A lot of the Saw movies do really try to emulate realism and hostile, especially because that is torture, porn human beings torturing other human beings. In this one, there are demons. There are possessed demons from it. So it is a supernatural horror. But in the gore is very grindhouse splashy splatter.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can handle that, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like the blood doesn't look like real blood a lot of the times.
Speaker 2: Very corn syrup or where it's like almost like orange e.
Speaker 3: It's like and there's so much of it, and like, but but you see everything like the chains off the ask and then the whole front by I mean.
Speaker 2: The tagline should just be used everything you do.
Speaker 3: And it like there was a there's a notorious kill in the second one that was so brutal. It was really tough to watch, and it went on forever and just when you think it couldn't get any worse, it does. And but yeah, like it's just it's sick and psychotic.
Speaker 2: What is the story of the film. I know, it's like a crazy looking clown crazy.
Speaker 3: Well, so he was decapitated in the second one. Okay, so his decapitated body comes back. You know, it's like they have to conjure the supernatural lore in order to make their logic work. But now Art the clown, the killer is super sadistic. He goes to a moll and blows up kids. He has a his I think a victim that he tore the face off of in the first one is now his like accomplice. She's like a demon lady because she's possessed and she is really cunty. She really lets you have it. And so they're like a duo and it's like like Bonnie and Clyde very disgusting, twisted demon clown version.
Speaker 2: That must have been a real conversation between the two of them. Her getting on his side post face being ripped off.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well she did in factor She hardly factored in on the second one, I think, and then her inclusion to this was a real real It's cool because it's like you get to see, like, you know, the Aussie and Harriet, Bonnie and Clyde kind of like like the mister and missus Smith kind of like working together to kill every single person in the world.
Speaker 2: And where does Arthur come in the first movie? Where did you come from? He's just a clown, angry clown.
Speaker 3: Yes, very sadistic, very and he's like super faggy. Oh but he's like he does this a lot like.
Speaker 2: Presentation we need.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he's really broad. Never he doesn't speak at.
Speaker 2: All, Okay, but he's like and there's.
Speaker 3: Like like he'll like he is super super flamboyant and and the way that like Freddy Krueger is and but he's the most animated, silent, flamboyant killer that there is in horror.
Speaker 2: I think you point out something I've obviously noticed but never realizes. Freddy Krueger is very flamboyant.
Speaker 3: He's all over the place, faggot like, and you know what he really I grew up watching those movies. I still have nightmares. What's crazy about him is that, like, yeah, he gets you in your dreams, and he also tailors them to your fears, and he like there it's very like bespoke murders, do you know what I mean? He like he'll do the most horrifying thing to you because he's in your head and you can't escape from him because in your dreams. Oh, it's just so Whereas Jason and Michael Myers lumbering, Yeah, fuck off, it's so boring.
Speaker 2: But I mean, at least Michael Myers has the decency to like turn the mask inside out, try something new.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I'm sorry. I don't think any of those movies are good, not even Halloween one.
Speaker 2: No, I love Halloween One.
Speaker 3: But what about this? Remember the first scene, who kills somebody? Like this just kind of like one of those birds that car the POV like through the mask is like that's how they're like, you do this, you don't like move your head, you know it doesn't.
Speaker 2: If you think about it, who does a psychotic out of their mind and it's going to bed. That's that's what made him evil. It was a real trial throughout my life.
Speaker 3: Who's your favorite horror character?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a very good question. Let me think about this for a moment, because I wanted to. I want it to be an accurate I love horror, but I'll say, oh, I actually don't think I have because the ones that really scare me are ones that they're kind of just normal people, you know, like the strangers.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, that's it. Home invasion does not. I don't like that at all.
Speaker 2: It feels bade hush, No, what's this?
Speaker 3: It's a home invasion movie and the girl is death. Oh, it's fucking scary.
Speaker 2: Sounds it's very.
Speaker 3: Scary, Like he he kills her friend right at the door, at the glass window, and he doesn't understand she's deaf and she's like banging it. It's it's a little unbelievable in a way, but it's really, really, really scary.
Speaker 2: I think now I'm thinking, Uh, the House in the Haunting, I think that might be my favorite villain.
Speaker 3: The House and the Hunting.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the Haunting the Sixties one.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's so good. Okay, I got it.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic. It's just like a guy brings some people together to study this house and it's very spooky. It's like it holds up pretty well as a haunted house movie.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 2: Who's your favorite?
Speaker 3: I like Candy Man.
Speaker 2: You never seen Candy Man?
Speaker 3: Oh, I highly suggest it. Tony Todd plays the cool thing about like people who like follow me, but they're so sick of me. He's talking about this, but like the cool thing about that movie, not the remake. Did not like the remake. But it's it's all of the most of the act, most of the the scary stuff happens during the day in broad daylight. And he has this like hypnotizing quality. The main character is studying like these urban legends and in this like improverished part of I think Chicago, and she's a white woman grad student and when he like haunts her, he's like helln well, and his voice is so she never screams. Ever, she gets hypnotized. Oh and it's crazy. And she actually got hypnotized on set by a hypnotist and it started to drive her crazy. What Yeah, it was cool, and his voice is so once you hear it, it is it is so effective at being fucking terrifying.
Speaker 2: And does he come out of a mirror like Floody.
Speaker 3: Mary's exactly five times you say candy Man, and then his hook will get you from stem to stem to stern, from crouch to throat.
Speaker 2: From crouch to chin. Yeah. Oh wow. Have you ever been hypnotized?
Speaker 3: I've you know, I've there was. I went to the Mad Russian in Boston to try to get hypnotized for smoking quitting smoking. Didn't work, No, I wish it had. I don't think I'm hypnotizable.
Speaker 2: I mean I was going to say so many people swear by it, but then I'm like, all those people are just people I've heard in like ads or whatever. It's like, Oh, I don't.
Speaker 3: Really believe it. I mean, I just can't imagine really like right, like totally sober, you know what I mean, like really like alert, like not tired.
Speaker 2: Like I mean, I think I'm too skeptical that I would just be thinking about that through the entire process, and even if it were possible, it would get in the way of my brain being free to be impressionable.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm open to it.
Speaker 2: I would love to be hypnotized.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would be fierce.
Speaker 2: I mean, if that's a real thing that can happen, it's magic.
Speaker 3: I well, you know what. I was on the street the other day walking home from Ralph's and this young boy was like following me and then he like tied me on the shoulder at the intersection. He's like, he is like katya. I was like, yeah, He's like, do you want to see a magic trick?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I know that. I was like in my head him like absolutely, fuck not. But then of course I was just like sure whatever, and he blew my mind.
Speaker 2: What did he do?
Speaker 3: I can't I can't succinctly describe it, but he basically he took my phone and gave it back to me. Then I took his phone and I didn't type anything into his phone. And then long story short, he had told me to think of a place, a very specific place, not like a country, but somewhere or like some a very specific place. And I thought of one i'd been to, and he said the Upper House in Hong Kong. And there was no way for him to know that who there was just through the process there was No. I was like, holy shit, he was. I was like, how did you do that? He's like magic? I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I mean everything about the setup of that is like.
Speaker 3: He'sh I wish I know, I really because the way that he did it, the process, at the order of events, it really seemed impossible, well for me to have for him to have known, right, obviously I'm dumb, and it worked really well. But it was like, yeah, it was mind blowing. Is twenty one years old?
Speaker 2: Wow? He just takes your phone and then vanishes in a cloud of smoke. Oh he got me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh god, oh no. I've been to one hypnotist show and I always find them very annoying because I'm like everyone on stage just seems to be faking it, of course and trying to act wacky.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I always think their plans. Yeah, i mean, who's there to Yeah, none of that stuff impresses me, really, I'll close up. Magic's a little interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's at least impressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it tricks me. It's just once you like watch a video about how to do it, it's all the thing's all spoiled, you know.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I mean, look, I think there's something else we should talk about. I love magic, but there's something else that appeared in the studio today.
Speaker 3: Yes, a gift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the podcast is I said no gifts, which.
Speaker 3: Is and I'm an Icona class.
Speaker 2: Famous iconic rule break.
Speaker 3: But wait, look at please describe it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, this is because when you walked into the studio you were holding a just a shopping.
Speaker 3: Bag, Ralph.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which a lot of guests on this podcast Wilder show up essentially with a garbage bag or whatever, and that's the wrapping. I thought, oh, that's but then you pulled it out and it was so beautifully.
Speaker 3: I didn't have any wrapping paper at home, so I that was a gift bag that I cut up. And then I found some baby Rick rack in my studio. It made it as like because didn't have any ribbon, and it's so shittily wrap that I think it needed a little ribbon.
Speaker 2: I think it's so cute.
Speaker 3: But that card stock is very expensive, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: And it feels expensive. It's textured. Yeah, and then it's got my name in Russian. Yeah, so yeah, wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a b. The P is an r that middle one with the triangles A D. It's just such a strange, wonderful language.
Speaker 2: How did it take you to learn to write Russian?
Speaker 3: Oh? Like two days?
Speaker 2: Two days?
Speaker 3: That's so easy really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can learn the alphabet in like four hours.
Speaker 2: Hell, is there alphabet twenty six letters? I think it's like thirty three thirty three?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have and they have some. They have a couple of letters that are like not letters. They're called signs that they like affect the pronunciation of other letters. I love cyrillic alphabet so much. It's so sexy.
Speaker 2: Oh it's I mean, it's so beautiful. It really is really stylish looking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: It gives much more of an impression than our alphabet. A.
Speaker 3: Please open the card and read it. And there's a gift inside as well.
Speaker 2: In the envelope. Yeah okay, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Ten rubles, yes, ten rubles and it says good luck.
Speaker 2: Oh, it says good luck? And how do you say that?
Speaker 3: Dachi?
Speaker 2: Wow? Okay, So tell me why you gave me ten roubles.
Speaker 3: Because I just found it. I was like, I was looking all over my house. I was like, God, what do I I was going to give you? I had these HeLa monsters that were all bubble wrapped.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, how many of them do you have?
Speaker 3: Free? I don't think they're actually a heal of monsters, but they're giant lizards. And but then I was like, what can I give them? I wanted to give him something useful. I give you something useful. So I gave you something useful.
Speaker 2: It's such a beautiful piece of currency. It's got a bridge, it's got some sort of tower on it, multiple colors.
Speaker 3: I think in today's economy it's probably worth about eight cents or less even I'm rich. Yeah, Like I think, like ten thousand rubles is like five dollars.
Speaker 2: The podcast Now, well, I mean I think it's been said before, but literally every other country has such better looking currency.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean Canada and Canada, specially Canada, Australia when they have the plastic non breakable ones.
Speaker 2: Oh I haven't seen this.
Speaker 3: Oh are you kidding me? The Australia, Canada, I think many euros. Now, they're they're you know, they're like plastic clear. You can't rip them, you can go through the wash, you go in the ocean, like seriously, they're they're unbreakable and they're so like slick and smoothly, but they're.
Speaker 2: Still like foldable to put in a wallet.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean the same basically the same size as all the other like a dollar.
Speaker 2: How are we so we are behind?
Speaker 3: Flop? We flapped so hard on payment and payment methods.
Speaker 2: As a country that is so obsessed with money, you would think we can't.
Speaker 3: Seem to get it right in any department.
Speaker 2: My god, well I'll have to. I'm gonna spend big with this, yeah, or maybe invest it?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, just invest it. It's your nest egg.
Speaker 2: This is my my grandnieces will be very thankful for this.
Speaker 3: I'm a curious. Can you look up how much ten rubles is because I really think it's probably point zero one sense, it's something very love I feel like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hon, least find out because it's ten cents ten cents, so wow, this is a lot more than I had planned on a bill. I'm on vacation, yeah, yeah, yeah, traveling. Do you have a lot of Russian currency?
Speaker 3: No, that's the only one I found in my house.
Speaker 2: Where do you think it came from?
Speaker 3: A fan in Nashville?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Interesting that in a red Lobster gift card.
Speaker 2: A tencent gift card twenty bucks.
Speaker 3: That's great, brought you that?
Speaker 2: Oh so you haven't gone out? Got to take yourself to red lobster like lobster. Do you like crab?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 2: Any sort of shellfish nope? Oh well the.
Speaker 3: Rats of the sea lobster.
Speaker 2: They are bugs.
Speaker 3: They're like bottom feeders.
Speaker 2: They're giant insects. But I think they're delicious, you do, I know, But I don't eat them that off, no see, And that's probably why I think they're good, because like it's so rare and I never am just like eating the full thing and like cracking the bottom like a lobster roll probably things yeah, where it's like an element rather than a yeah, lobster ll. I think it's the butter. I think that that's kind of the element that I really like in the lemon so much.
Speaker 3: I'm such a picky eater though. What's what's your favorite food?
Speaker 2: My favorite food, I would say probably burrito.
Speaker 3: What's in it?
Speaker 2: I like like a San Francisco Mission burrito. So living in LA is kind of held where it's like whereas rice and bean in guacamole and sour cream and.
Speaker 3: Cheese in l A on your mind.
Speaker 2: La, you can but they're not good because l A, there aren't a lot of good flower tortillas. There's I've read like articles about this, okay, and it's very hard to find a really good burrito. There are other like La style burritos, but they're usually just like beans and meat. Okay, but like if you go to San Francisco, phenomenal breedos and they're like the sort of breedo that you can stand. It's so it's like a football. Yeah, it's really a beautiful thing. But I think burrito or a hero. I love eros.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well that's how you say zero?
Speaker 2: What do you say gyro?
Speaker 3: Well I did for about the first thirty years of my life, and then I said, I thought there were heroes. Oh hero is a year zero.
Speaker 2: I think it is zero. But I think a lot of people just continue to say gyro and like that's an accepted form of hero is a you were wrong, you were simply wrong, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: I also love the Greek alphabet, which alphabet comes from interesting, beautiful letters, lovely letters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the Greeks were really doing it early on, yeah everything, Yeah, they really they were leading the way and that's why the euro is so delicious. But that's another thing you can't really get in La because there's not a large Greek population. So I've found myself in a trap. Damn you gotta go to Grease, gotta go to Greece. Have been no, I would love to go to Greece. I would love to go to What's your favorite food?
Speaker 3: If I had to eat one dinner meal for the rest of my life, it would be what I had last night, which was spicy beef noodles at this really wonderful, great Chinese place buy my house called Land Noodles. I suggested to try it. They're absolutely delicious, and then shy it like chicken fried dumplings.
Speaker 2: Oh that sounds phenomenal.
Speaker 3: It's so good. This noodle place is off the hook. Oh it's I think about it right now and I'm like, yeah, lan noodles, check it out.
Speaker 2: You saying that reminds Probably a meal that I would eat for the rest of my life is the fried chicken plate at Doune. Have you been there? The Mediterranean kind of word. It's like hummus and shredded cabbage. Unbelievable, and they make the pita there.
Speaker 3: It's so right there.
Speaker 2: Yes, you've got to make the pita in store.
Speaker 3: Yes you can't. You can't have it shipped in from some lab or whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, shul I opened this little box here. Okay, careful with the baby rick rack. Okay, I'm being very I'm gonna put this in my hair or something you can do braids, braid.
Speaker 3: Now, this is or something to keep in the house. It's not for you, okay, this isn't for guests. Oh, fantastic, something that people often overlook, especially guys. Okay, I brought the right thing.
Speaker 2: That paper sounds so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, a smr.
Speaker 2: Oh it's so crispy party paper. Oh, this is a This is fantastic. Actually, I wouldn't have I wouldn't have this in my home. It's a box of tampons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean especially I'm not going to assume your your orientation. But yeah, gay guys. I had noticed a lot of gay guys would never this would never ever cross their mind. No, of course, you know, maybe if they when their sister comes over, or their niece or their mom or whatever, or they're you know, someone with a bloody nose, someone with a vagina like you know, it's always important to have tampons. I also have pads in the houses.
Speaker 2: Oh this is such a I mean this should be a public service announcement right now, any.
Speaker 3: Wellyould they also should be free?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, of course. I mean it's a well known scam on women. I mean there's so many the essential tax where it's like, oh, here are a bunch of other things you have to pay for, which this should just be everywhere.
Speaker 3: They should be like hanging from trees everywhere.
Speaker 2: They should be next to the napkin dispenser at restaurants.
Speaker 3: They should be with the forking knife.
Speaker 2: They should be floating down rivers.
Speaker 3: Yes, they should be.
Speaker 2: They probably are actually killing doll new ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a I mean, it didn't even cross my mind. And the next time this is needed in my home when a woman needs it, I'm going to be an absolute.
Speaker 3: We're going to be a hero.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be a giro. I'm going to be a giro. I will be a lamb and a delicious peda covered in a yogurt sauce. So that sounds bad, but this is a.
Speaker 3: Also really I recently saw Carrie, so this was on my mind.
Speaker 2: Oh of course.
Speaker 3: That opening scene is pretty wild.
Speaker 2: That movie. I never saw the remake.
Speaker 3: Don't Don't do Not ever please, no, no disrespect to the people who did it, but there was no unnecessary Yeah, it's like Carrie's masterpiece.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so perfect and that Yeah, that opening scenems amazing.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. And it's like there's a lot of naked bodies and it's like bush and titties.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they really go for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Like Brian de Palmer said, you will see full female nudity and a lot of it right away. It's pretty wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah that in the seventies, I feel like a male director could get away with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: While I was watching the Substance, I was like, if a man directed this, he should be a rested.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that it does like it is. It is reassuring that a woman director did that. But you know, she has a real she in her other movie Revenge Too, Like she loves butts, like she has the butt. Oh yeah, it is like leering and like that. That that lens is like but conscious, you know, and it's I was thinking about how stressful for Margaret quality that must have been the perfect version of denymore.
Speaker 2: Nightmare every day waking up and thinking and now my body has to be perfect.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean I think that they did. Like they you know, they sort of shined it up and post a little bit, but you know it's like, fuck, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of pressure and they didn't have any butt doubles. Movies will do that occasionally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think they did. Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 2: So how is a butt double even found? Or is there like a casting director.
Speaker 3: Well, you think about like the people the team that are like the who stand in for during lighting tests.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like that kind of thing, right, But it's like do you go do you tell people you've got to look at my ass? This is perfect for Hollywood? Or is it somebody people scouting question?
Speaker 3: Maybe it's like a modeling gig.
Speaker 2: Oh that makes sense, kind of like with like hand models. Yes, that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, hand models. I mean if you've seen in foot models, oh.
Speaker 2: The most perfect hearts of bodies that you could possibly see.
Speaker 3: And then you look at your own hands, I'm like, oh my god, I the crypt keeper, right of course, my one hundred and fifty years old. Yeah, that tricksy is always getting on we'd like to put makeup on my hands because they're often translucent gray and purple. But yeah, like it's yeah, it's interesting to have like a perfect part of your body and like make that your.
Speaker 2: Career, right, I know it, Yeah, just like count on it. But it's got to be scary knowing that it will deteriorate.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well the hands, especially of course age. That's why all the aging stars wear gloves now, they do, I know.
Speaker 2: And a lot of people now are wearing gloves while driving.
Speaker 3: Oh but driving gloves or you know, I mean.
Speaker 2: It's so chic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get the Telly or Sini Oh Italian Italian brand, I don't know. They make exquisite leather gloves Telly Forcinilly. Okay, I believe it's still a thing. Oh my god, buttery Soft.
Speaker 2: Do you have a pair?
Speaker 3: I have several?
Speaker 2: Are they in your glove box which I'm now it's just literally clicking that's where you have your driving.
Speaker 3: No, I've never had I've never driven with them. But they're black and red like driving gloves. Oh, they're so sexy. But I need to live in la When are you going, know where? Like when you when your hand's cold?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's true. You know, yeah, I get I get cold feet circulation.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, do you have clammy hands?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Really dry?
Speaker 3: I'm so jealous. Do your feme like ship at the end of the day. No, do yours like the cat's ass? Yeah, because I'm sweaty and gross. It's always like I somebody wanted to hold my hand. It was tricksy. She wanted a like grab my hand. I was like, you don't want to do that, and she grabbed it anything. She's like, oh my god, I just like.
Speaker 2: I told you this frictionless service.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really gross.
Speaker 2: I might invest in some driving gloves.
Speaker 3: Or opera length or all the way up to the shoulder.
Speaker 2: This podcast is very glove oriented, actually because I have to do demonstrations with gifts and for the on Instagram, I'll frequently have this. I have a particular pair of gloves that are now filthy. They're like white opera gloves, but no, it's it's probably like a cotton with a little imbrota. You would not believe how dirty they are. I do. I would believe it.
Speaker 3: White cotton gloves is just asking for it.
Speaker 2: And about half of our listeners are constantly demanding that I washed them, and the other half are like, let them get as dirty as possible. I accidentally washed one the other day because I took them to New York and then one snuck into a pair of pants and got washed, kind of a hopeful story for the club. I was like, oh no, I left it in New York. Then I took laundry and I was like, no, it's kind of cleaning. And so I guess I'm sad spying both audiences. Now one's clean, one's filthy.
Speaker 3: That's great. Oh yeah, right, that's nice. But you should you deserve a pair of like beautiful buttery soft opera like up to the shoulder length red leather gloves from Italy.
Speaker 2: Pulling those on every time I try, oh you will.
Speaker 3: It's like, I mean, I don't know if you're like against you know, Vigan or whatever, anti whatever, anti leather, but they're so it's like, oh my god, they're so soft and they're so it's sumptuous.
Speaker 2: Oh it sounds lovely. Kind of just a spa day for your entire arm. Yeah, but what are you thinking when a friend pulls up to your house and you see them wearing driving gloves? Do you think what's going on? Are you're like, oh cool?
Speaker 3: Are we? I was like, I would probably think like are we? Is this an old timey movie or something. I don't know anybody who could really pull that up right.
Speaker 2: It feels like such an affect. It's just like a.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Stewart, Carrie Grant, Jimmy Dean kind of thing, or like I don't know, like I don't who is driving? But also what's the outfit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really has to match the whole.
Speaker 3: Little It's not like it's not like ath leisure, right, if.
Speaker 2: You're just in your pajamas driving out with this beautiful pair of gloves.
Speaker 3: What do you think? I have to ask you? What is your opinion on people who wear foot flops in public? In LA?
Speaker 2: It's a very it's a tricky line to walk. I'll say. I feel like there are certain people I'm like, Wow, they're just comfortable with what they're doing. Then there's other are other people who I'm like, you could pull it together a little bit more, and you should give give it ten percent more effort.
Speaker 3: Put on a shoe.
Speaker 2: Put on a shoe, please. I I'm trying to think if I've ever wornd I mean, certainly in the past I have, but I don't think I would now. I think my feet are hideous, okay, and I don't want people looking at them. Yeah, And also it just feels too casual. It's just not I'm not on the beach, right, and LA streets are absolutely feilfilthy. What's your take?
Speaker 3: I think that, I mean, I have. I have been known to like walk out of the house to go collect something from a like the car right outside, like run out to get the mail in slides with my photix pose I do. I'm now really kind of solidly in the camp of don't ever wear them because it's you're like disgusting, because it's just gross, it's filthy, and I think it's I have more of a problem with that than not washing your hands after using the bathroom in a public restroom.
Speaker 2: That actually makes sense. My dick is not that dirty, right, everyone's basically kind of clean, hopefully.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I've showered like once or twice every day. Right, my generals This, sorry is gross, but my generals are probably the cleanest part of my.
Speaker 2: Body, right, you know what I mean? Just like and I.
Speaker 3: Like I don't really touch the apparatus.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're making a very good point here. Well, everyone stopped.
Speaker 3: I was listening to the podcast I listened to all the time, and they were they were incredulous, or like the amount of people it's a movie podcast and is like they were both saying, the amount of people I see walking out of the men's room or the women's room without washing your hands, it's like seventy percent. It's disgusting, it's unconscionable. It's filthy, it's gross, it's nasty. And I'm like, well, I think touching all of the fussts and the stuff is like nasty and like everything else, I just get in there. I don't. I just as little contact with the everything as possible. And then yeah, I don't know if.
Speaker 2: You washed yourself, that would be myself if you did.
Speaker 3: I know you always clean up the toilet.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so now we're right now, this is dangerous territory. I do think you should be washing hands if you're cleaning up the toilet.
Speaker 3: But I'm using a lot of toilet paper.
Speaker 2: You've gotta be using a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's my hands. A lot of hands are not getting saturated with urine.
Speaker 2: Baseball, mit level of toilet.
Speaker 3: Of course, I have my mits on go everywhere. I think I'm digging myself into a really gross hole right now because I'm not making I mean I do sometimes wash my hands if I get up a plane, usually because of the plane, because of the plane disgusting the planes discussed.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know war so no, I mean, I I can see your argument here.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely saying like the world is disgusting.
Speaker 2: And yeah, like if you're walking around in La almost barefoot, you were walking through minimum animal p likely human pee.
Speaker 3: And if you're in San Francisco, there's a lot of human shit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean all of this is happening constantly on these streets, on the sidewalks. And then you're like, if you're not showering before bed, Oh do you.
Speaker 3: Shower before No?
Speaker 2: I don't. But I've wear shoes in bed. I should you make a very good point. I'll be ready to go completely naked, choose.
Speaker 3: Laced loafers, you know, like from floor shine, ready for super shiny like dress shoes. Well, my grandmother was so hyper vigilant she would like sleep with one leg on the floor. Wow, I mean like she would be like this, Like I mean perched and prepped like at a moment's notice to just fly out of bed. I don't think it did her a lot.
Speaker 2: Of good in that, like the long run, now time still got her. No, do you shower before bed?
Speaker 3: I think it depends on what I do during the day. I think I'm generally more of a dirty person. I'm not OCD. I'm the opposite of OCD, which I think is a pig. And I don't like I'm glad. I'm not like super No.
Speaker 2: I mean like like it's kind of paralyzing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really tough, and I think so, although sometimes it does does prevent me from allowing people in my home because like, for example, if like my friend came over the other day and I had anxiety, I was like, and I couldn't tell him not to go upstairs because I know he would. So now I'm thinking of like doing like a chain or like a gate or something. Because my bathroom was like looked like the room from Saw. It was so gross eye yeah, like so gross, like shamefully and like gross, like you need help, like professional help. Gross. But but then I, you know, I go through phases where I clean it and it's fine. Yeah, I are you super clean?
Speaker 2: I'm very tidy. I wouldn't say like a clean freak, but like I like things to be put away at the very least. But like getting out the lysol and like the bleach and everything to clean the house is not happening. I'll vacuum. Oh wait, we gotta talk about vacuums. Oh, I love to talk about vacuum.
Speaker 3: I recently learned. I recently learned the good news. I recently am like a born again vacuum person because for the longest time I thought, oh my god, of course it's the dice in, very fuck that dice in. It's the meala. What's this? M I E L E. Not paid, They don't know anything about me. But it is the only vacuum.
Speaker 2: Now, is this a bag vacuum?
Speaker 3: See here's the thing. Yes, and it's a quarded vacuum, which, if you're used to the battery powered not courted. But it's a tough transition. But guess what, this vacuum actually fucking works, whereas the diceon doesn't fucking work. And if you put it on a high that battery that'll give you about thirty eight seconds of activity. I'm battery powered.
Speaker 2: You've got that, you're gonna be recharging constantly.
Speaker 3: You put it on high, it's literally ten seconds.
Speaker 2: Then at you're exhausted.
Speaker 3: It's horrible. I get that. The convenience is very seductive. The lack of cord is very seductive.
Speaker 2: Go anywhere, take it on your.
Speaker 3: Trip, absolutely, you know. But and it is quite an adjustment because I'm a big vacuumer. I love the vacuum, and and the cord is is a real and it's a little heavy, and it's it's it's it's you know, but it works, it works, and it's expensive.
Speaker 2: How much does it cost?
Speaker 3: The one I bought was eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: I'm going to buy a vacuum. I'm never going to buy a vacuum. I'm never going to buy the right and the amount of time I use it, Oh, it's incredible. When you go to the store, they pour a bunch of kitty litter on the floor to like do the demonstration, and you're like, okay, I'll take it because it just works.
Speaker 2: What store is this?
Speaker 3: The vacuum store?
Speaker 2: I have to go. I want that it's.
Speaker 3: In it's called I think it's called Beverly Hills Vacuum and it's on Santa Monica Boulevard towards Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: Did you expect this whole demo?
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 2: Sound's delightful.
Speaker 3: Alwa was incredible. He was like an old dude. It's a small story. He's amazing, and he'll like show you all the models. And it looks like it like a fifties housewife kind of thing. Literally like really retro looking like the Smeg refrigerators.
Speaker 2: Oh I love yeah, yeah, I actually listened not to brag to an episode of a podcast about vacuums.
Speaker 3: What were they saying.
Speaker 2: Essentially what you're saying right now. You don't want to get one of these, like uh, I don't cordless, the cordless or the clear thing that shows you how much dust is going into it. They're like, get the old fashioned ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the other thing they say on it is the best vacuuming is done as you're pulling backwards. Oh and this song was coming from a vacuum expert.
Speaker 3: That may kind of sense though, because it's you're not pushing.
Speaker 2: Right and you feel the drag, you really feel it sucking things.
Speaker 3: And then it's got the attachments, the ones for the rug, one for the hardwood floor, and the difference is so like, ooh, it's just so satisfying.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: It was eight hundred and fifty dollars to attacked. Yeah, it was like I was like, oof, and I know what, that's out of people's price range.
Speaker 2: But Dyson's are like four hundred dollars, right, I mean, a regular vacuum is not that cheap.
Speaker 3: No, And it's a very important part of a person with a homes life.
Speaker 2: It's a sort of like purchase like a mattress, where you're like, well, I'm using this concept.
Speaker 3: Ye, it's like a car purchase, right.
Speaker 2: I think you just justify it by like being don't I don't spend any money. I use this every single day. Yes, And so it's essentially since for a day.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, if you break it down, it's really like probably like ten rubles a day.
Speaker 2: Ten For ten rubles a day, you will be sucking up as much catlet as you want.
Speaker 3: Everything, all that shit will get sucked up. It really really works.
Speaker 2: So how long have you owned this vacuum? For?
Speaker 3: About two years now?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, and I have no complaints.
Speaker 2: And was your house pretty dusty before? That was the vacuum not doing job well?
Speaker 3: I also sew in my I sewstomes in my home, so there's sequence everywhere.
Speaker 2: Means just notions, notions.
Speaker 3: Threads in carpet, right, So I really need that extra suckage.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: It just really gets me. It really does its job. I love it.
Speaker 2: I know. I think vacuuming is a very satisfying chore. You see the results immediately.
Speaker 3: It is immediate. Yeah, the dopamine hit is like yeah right, like damn, bam, damn sustained, Like awesome.
Speaker 2: Did you mow lawns as a kid.
Speaker 3: I've never mowed a lawn.
Speaker 2: It's a similar thing where you're like, oh, I'm seeing how clean, Like it's cleaning things up. I'm just I'm essentially just pushing something and it's the results are here. I don't have to wait.
Speaker 3: But doesn't it like fling the grass like.
Speaker 2: It depends on the lawnmower. The one I would use as a kid had a bag that had to be empty.
Speaker 3: To gotch job. That's that freshly?
Speaker 2: Oh, the smell is so nice. You're out in the sun. No complaints?
Speaker 3: What about what about the buggy or like the drive.
Speaker 2: What is that called a wheeled lawn no way, sit down, sit down lawnmower?
Speaker 3: A tractor.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's rich people don't know what is that called. Is there an official thing for a lawnmower that you drive.
Speaker 3: Either a ride on mower or tractor mower?
Speaker 2: Tractor? Right? I don't think I would like that as much.
Speaker 3: M I mean, I think it's like that to me is in the same the same family as snowmobiles, and that's scary to me.
Speaker 2: But to be driving a lawnmower that goes as fast as a snowmobile, now there's an adventure.
Speaker 3: You will get a lot done in a day.
Speaker 2: My god, that feels like terrify her.
Speaker 3: For ye totally, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: A clown on a ride on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh well there was that. There was that movie where this the little child mode over her parents. Oh but I don't think it was. I don't think it was the tractor style.
Speaker 2: I think it was the right Oh, okay, okay, well the movies. I think we have a new idea for the movie business. Somebody drive over someone.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it could Hey listen, Damien Leone, please cast me in The Terrifier Part four and you can. I was trying to think of, like what it would be a fun way to kill me as a drag queen, And I'm like, I think he should like maybe like take my little heels and like gouge him in my eyeballs and then like and then have Art like punch a hole through my mouth in the back of my head and then stick my wig like through it and out. I don't know, like it'd be so cool. I really want to get killed by Art the clown. I'm just trying to put it out there.
Speaker 2: The next scene, I am run over by a lawnmar going seventy miles an hour. Yes, it's incredibly really, I mean, actually, do you know what I was going to ask you or tell you. I just recently saw for the first time The Hand that Rocks the Cradle? Oh my, how have I gone this long without saying this movie?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, delightful. In know Rebecca de Mornay is, Oh, Julianne Moore was fabulous than that.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised I didn't even know she was in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's like, oh, oh my god. When she's like she comes home, She's like where the fuck is clear? She's in the greenhouse, and it's like, oh my god. And then what she says to Solomon Peyton Flanners, which she's I cannot repeat it here, but she is so, Oh my god, it's so.
Speaker 2: And then she kind of cracks the case with the wind window. It's so funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm looking for windshine, you know, I can get one. Missus Motte, oh so cunty. And it's just like, I don't know, if you know. I always like these, like beloved of movies of mine from the nineties. Sometimes I rewatch them. I'm like, oh god, this is trash, but I love that movie.
Speaker 2: It's very fun. I've told a couple other people that I watched it recently and they said to me, oh, it's so scary, and that was one element. I was like, no, it's not. It's very fun to watch.
Speaker 3: Hayten Flanders.
Speaker 2: That's what it's.
Speaker 3: What's what a pseudonym?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 3: If you're like that does that? That sounds very like I won't kill you if my name.
Speaker 2: Is completely asking anything about Peyton Flanders.
Speaker 3: Peyton Flanders, the breast Pump, the windshime. A lot of like little clues in that movie.
Speaker 2: Of course, her appearing from behind the school bus to be the nanny. Hello, I'm just a normal woman who wants a nanny job off the street. Yeah crazy, don't ask any questions. No, it's such a good time watching.
Speaker 3: The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world. I've never heard that before. That's not expression. It's not an expression. It's not an expression.
Speaker 2: That's so not a pillow somewhere. I mean, it sounds so much like a real expression, though, you're like, oh, I guess I just never heard that one. But it's also so evil sounding.
Speaker 3: It's like what so I mean, it's like a really evil premise too, Like she's sexually assaulted by a gynecologist, and then and then that guy of colleges is out it commits suicide, and then his his widowed wife gets revenge on the woman who who like out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like really fucked up, really really fucked up, very confused. The morning fucking plays evil very well.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Cutting that apple with the knife in.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, anybody cutting an apple with a knife, you know something's up, something that's going up. They're going to steal your husband or kill you in the house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're they're breastfeeding your child. Yeah yeah, and they're they're sabotaging your friends. Yeah, it's crazy. What's your favorite movie? We'll say from the.
Speaker 2: Nineties, From the nineties, okay, I mean I could maybe we just say from the eighties, just so so I have an answer. I would say, I love It's it's probably a tie between After Hours and King of Comedy.
Speaker 3: I have seen neither of them.
Speaker 2: Neither of them.
Speaker 3: No, they're delightful, I'm sure. Is that Martin movies.
Speaker 2: And they're both like very out of his normal thing because they're kind of like surreal comedies, and they're both very funny, but very strange and like immediately entertaining in the way the eighties movies are where you're like, there's no boredom, you're just in.
Speaker 3: You love a movie that has not one extra fucking.
Speaker 2: Scene, like, no superpose.
Speaker 3: Moments, not one fucking sentence doesn't belong there, you know.
Speaker 2: Control it's great. What's your favorite movie?
Speaker 3: If I had, my quick answer is Witches of Eastwick.
Speaker 2: I've never seen it.
Speaker 3: It's fucking great And what every scenes fabri.
Speaker 2: Tonally is it creepy? Is it fun it's it's the super it's a it's a it's a.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a thriller kind of. It's it's funny, it's sexy. It's like it's three women who discovered that they're witches and then that they conjure the devil to move into their small New England town played by Jack Nicholson, and then they become like this sex like well, I won't give it away, but it's amazing. And there's it's like cher Michelle fiv Ver, Susan Sarandon, Veronica Cartwright, who's a choose up the scenery something. Jenkins who plays he's great, and Jack Nicholson is just he is Jack Nicholson ing in this movie.
Speaker 2: He's such a good pull for the devil.
Speaker 3: He is so incredible in this role.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've got to see.
Speaker 3: You have to see it.
Speaker 2: Sounds delightful, you have to see it.
Speaker 3: The CG at the end is very unfortunate. Okay, right at the last bit, it gets very bad. It's just not they didn't really have that back then. It's like an eighty eight.
Speaker 2: I think there are certain movies I remember, like that whole Star Wars situation where they replace all of the special effects with like CG and it was a giant disaster. But I feel like if a movie has bad CG, we should go back and help him out right.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know, it's funny like this movie. Because of that, I think, oh, it should be Redone. It was like, no, because you cannot replace those three women. That's a trifecta.
Speaker 2: That cannot No, you're not going to find them again. Who would that possibly be?
Speaker 3: No, I mean it had to be like Emma Stone, there's not share is so share in in this movie. She's so fucking good.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm so excited. Maybe this is to share. Oh she's as an actor. Oh my god, she's Moonstruck is phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Yeah. My film critic friend and an author, she I was like having a tough time at while ago, and she's like, hey, if you really need like a pick me up, one of the like never feel good, feel good movies is Moonstruck. And I'd never seen it before, and she was one hundred percent right.
Speaker 2: So charming.
Speaker 3: It's charming, and it's lovely, and it's like an ethnic comedy.
Speaker 2: It's just so lovely and the mood is just right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Nicholas Cage is so funny and hot in it.
Speaker 2: He can be so funny. Yes, I love Raising Arizona, me too, such a good movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's your favorite horror movie?
Speaker 2: Favorite? Okay? So this probably The Haunting? Okay, or like if and like I said, if I want to be genuinely scared the strangers.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and all I would live Tyler.
Speaker 2: With liv Tyler, and I'll say, this is not a horror movie, but it is so scary to me as Zodiac. I think the scariness of it is so well done that you're telling, Yes, what's your favorite horror movie?
Speaker 3: I would probably say I was want to say Candy Man, but it's not necessarily my like most like rewatchable horror movie. I like a night right now on Street part three. Okay, I've only seen the original Dream Warriors. I mean they all get cheesy, but like, yeah, no, no, I think the substance is definitely like up there. I think that's probably my favorite horror movie right now.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah that makes sense. Yeah, but it also does oh oh no, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I mean it's not horror essentially, but kinds of kindness.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've only seen the first third of it.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's there's another two.
Speaker 2: Yes. I kind of went just thinking, oh, I know this is three things, so I get to see one and I'll get to see the next two.
Speaker 1: I need.
Speaker 3: I highly suggest you watch the next two because it's really it's an art film. Sure, I mean I can't like. I know my friends who like here not they don't watch subtitled movies or like you know that kind of uncultured smiles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dumb people.
Speaker 3: They well, they hate it because it's like, what is this right?
Speaker 2: I don't want to think about this after I leave.
Speaker 3: It was so I was electrifized.
Speaker 2: I really liked the first third. Oh my god, I didn't leave like, oh I have to get out of here. It was just couky oh cooky.
Speaker 3: Your sex cult?
Speaker 2: Oh what yeah, no idea.
Speaker 3: When they test the purity of you by putting him in a super hot sona and then licking the salt from your belly button. Yes, did you see the part where she he makes her cut? No?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think the second one you're in it's it really is a perfect thing because you can just dip in and watch a forty five minute movie.
Speaker 3: I fucking love that because I'm like, I don't have the stamina or the endurance because I'm not on my if I'm watching a movie on my phone, of course, like I I'd rather just be on my phone right and not.
Speaker 2: Have a movie. I have a problem looking and just wasting my life away, and I'm going to do that rather than watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll just doom scroll and get carpor Tone and crick Mates. But in the but the movie has nothing to do that. Plus, I don't want to watch a movie that makes me want to look at my phone.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no no. That's why I have to go to a movie theater.
Speaker 3: I love the theater.
Speaker 2: But this is mine And I've said this a million times on this podcast. I have that like movie past thing or whatever, first stubs member subs remember yeah, And so if a movie is over three hours long or three hours, I only see the first half. Then I leave get on it. And if I like the first half, I'll go back. But you're not You are not bapping me.
Speaker 3: Is very interesting.
Speaker 2: You gotta try it. The feeling of walking out halfway through it feels truly like you got out of jail.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's like when I left when I cut school to watch Hanging Up the movie and then then left like forty five minutes in. But I rarely walk out of a theater. I walked out of Twisters. Oh you walk because I my friend. My friend and I were like, we're gonna go see this. We know it's gonna be bad. It was so bad, it's a very stupid. There is a line the mom more a Tyranny says she always loved Weather, talking about her daughter, like she always loved Weather, Like, what the fuck so bad? We walked out before even like the finale set piece was over, like let's get the fuck out of here. Have you walked out of movies because you hated them?
Speaker 2: Yes, there have been a couple when I can't remember what they were, but they were like they're the sort of movie everybody like this is an entertaining bat I'm bored and it's enough. Yeah, it's like I don't need to be here anymore. But I wish I could think of them off the top of my head.
Speaker 3: You know, I was, and I was super tired, in a terrible mood when I saw May December, which I really regret because it's so good. It is like when I read a bunch of criticism about it. It's like, oh, that's not the movie I saw. Damn it. I need to rewatch it. Yeah, because it's kind of it's like again, not for like a dummy.
Speaker 2: Right, there's like a discomfort that like you have to Yeah, the nuance is the discomfort. You're like, oh, there's a reason for this. Yeah, that movie. I was shocked that I watched it through the entire thing at home without looking at my phone.
Speaker 3: That's impressive.
Speaker 2: I mean, yes, all credit to me and not the movie.
Speaker 3: What about Killers of the Flower Moon? Who saw that in the theater?
Speaker 2: Okay, now I have to do it reveals it. I went with people to see it, and I was trapped for the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Did you have a pea bag or catheter?
Speaker 2: I had to leave. I had to like walk out and pee halfway through the movie. Oh yeah, because you're like, now I've lost a view.
Speaker 3: Part of it. It's a pivotal plot point, and then you have no reference for like the or contacts. I can't leave the theater. I can't leave the theater.
Speaker 2: I had read the book, so I knew what was going. Yeah, everyone, let's repeat that I had read the book. I read books, but and I will say, unfortunately the book is better.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I mean it often is.
Speaker 2: It's a I mean it's a it's also a history book, so the details are just way more interesting. But I sat through, I think a Scorsese movie. You're like, I guess I'll give it to you. You're eighty years old and you made this thing. I'll watch your ninety hour film.
Speaker 3: She's almost four hours. That one that was like three and a half, good long hours.
Speaker 2: And you walk out of the theater and you're not in a different state.
Speaker 3: Oh it's it's so sad and horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should be traveling if it takes that long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the Great Airplane Movie.
Speaker 2: I've gotten really bad at watching airplane movies. I don't know why, Well do you do that thing?
Speaker 3: I know a lot of people do this. I for some reason do. I put on my own movie, but then I watched somebody else's movie.
Speaker 2: Of course, you're distracted. I can't help, but I want to know what's going on in their brain that made them watch that movie.
Speaker 3: I watch it even if I don't want to watch it, Like I could have the movie I've always wanted to see on my screen. But then they're watching like Love Is Blind season three, and I'll have to watch it. It's so weird.
Speaker 2: You want to know what's going on over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm curious about Carol Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: I hope there's a Carol from Cincinnati on it.
Speaker 3: Of course there is.
Speaker 2: She's ninety five.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen somebody cry on an airplane?
Speaker 2: I've cried on an airplane because I think there have been some sort of studies where you're just like weirdly more emotional at Yeah, something happens to your body where it's like kind of like being sick. Because if I watch something while I'm sick.
Speaker 3: I'll cry.
Speaker 2: I've cried at Shark Tank while having strapped throat.
Speaker 3: I remember, watched it like Toyota than commercials.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this sort of thing will just make me sob Have you ever seen, I mean you must have seen somebody crying on a plane?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Was it like a hysterical No?
Speaker 3: No, not like a not like a whaling. Okay, not like a like a North Korean funeral whaling, not like that. But like, i I'll definitely cry. I I'm you're right, I'm definitely more susceptible to like emotional. It gets sat on airplanes.
Speaker 2: Like you could like be more manipulated, and I think that's why movies are more enjoyable on planes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, flying sucks.
Speaker 2: It's the worst feeling in the world. It's getting worse and worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I was, I was, Uh my friend was telling me about how like back in the day, like on the Concord or whatever, it would be like, you know, smoking and like steak Diane and clams casino and people would be like, you know, no seatbells and they're swing dance and then the thing, you know, it's like a wild like crazy, yeah, exciting.
Speaker 2: Bring that bad Yeah, bring back the glamour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bring back the people would dress up to go to the airport, you know, and like it would be a whole event and kind of like I don't know, like going out on a Saturday night and you know, smoking cigars and stuff.
Speaker 2: It's not worse than a bus.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's worse than It's way worse than a bus and scarier. Yeah, And I still just don't really understand why we have the farce of TSA and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh that's also and I'm sorry, but the liquids, the three ounces. I'm like, I'm we've got a.
Speaker 3: So crazy in a country that allows like gun violence.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. You cannot take your shampoo.
Speaker 3: You cannot take four ounces of albaline makeup remover, but you can buy a gun today. Yeah, anyway, four guns today actually, Like it's so fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: And they won't even as far as I know, let you bring on like a larger bottle that has less than three ounces. If it's a larger bottle and still has liquid in it, that doesn't matter. They'll like you throw it away in the UK.
Speaker 3: Like traveling within England, they're so fucking strict in Australia to it's just so flop flops.
Speaker 2: And if you're I'm part of the pre check thing, I bother, let me take my things through.
Speaker 3: I'm a trusted traveler, very global entry. But I should be able to walk in with the machine exactly. I should be able to walk in with just strap with the water bottles, guns in my like guns in a holster, knives like flamethrower. Come on, wait, let me ask you have if you could have Oh, I have two questions. If you could become fluent in a language by chopping off one of your fingers. Oh, which would you and which.
Speaker 2: Finger or which language?
Speaker 3: Both?
Speaker 2: Okay? I would probably do Uh. I would probably do my one of my ring fingers. I feel like that's probably the least necessary and I'm trying to think either practical or interesting, and I would probably go. I would probably pick Japanese, okay, because it's not as practical, it's not as useful as many places, but I think.
Speaker 3: It's an interesting, very handy in Japan.
Speaker 2: Yes, go to Japan almost nowhere else? What about you?
Speaker 3: I would probably, I mean I would want to give like a whole hand up I do. I would do both ring fingers that do Mandarin, and then I would do Arabic.
Speaker 2: Oh, both probably difficult languages to learn exactly finish impossible, you know.
Speaker 3: And then I would even though I know like I'm like beginner intermediate in Russian, I just want to be absolutely fluent in Russian. There's still a lot of places I speak person and then we do where pasta is like some Middle Eastern language, and then I think that's it.
Speaker 2: I would get fingers. I would have I would have like you'd be able to like open drawers, yeah, pitch people I'd have my.
Speaker 3: Like latex penguin gloves.
Speaker 2: I can't believe they don't have in the Penguin TV show. They should have done the finger thing at the very least.
Speaker 3: Okay, so what in the hell is it? Okay?
Speaker 2: Everything about your reaction right now is summing up how.
Speaker 3: I By the way, wait, I just have to say, I love press teach television. It keeps my blood red. I love I yearn and live for a Sunday night musty TV moment, of course, And now I don't know that doesn't exist anymore. Really, No, but these with these well produced, well written, big budget mega watts star awesome musty TV moments series, fucking love that ship. Love that ship. But the Penguin for me is not that it's where it's real. It wants to be grounded in reality. There's no supernatural elements whatsoever.
Speaker 2: There's a possibility for that. The guy is called the Penguin based on a character that usually has like a penguin assistant or something.
Speaker 3: Right, is he just he has a limp? That's why they call me kind of.
Speaker 2: Ugly and has a limp. He doesn't.
Speaker 3: Just love the cold, Yeah, I like he's just like a mob guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's kind of like a bad tony soprano.
Speaker 3: And it's Colin Farrell, Like that man is so hot. Yeah, she just cast an ugly actors. There's could have been Oh my god, so many incredible ugly actors, like especially men, tons like tons. But I just watched The Perfect Couple on Netflix, which I call Shitty Little Lotus because it's big Little Lives plus the White Lotus. But it doesn't watch about six minutes. My god, Nicole's wig is just so unwatched. It's just so it's so flagrant and horrible.
Speaker 2: And it's like it's it's a category of like wanting to be campy that and that doesn't work for me.
Speaker 3: It just never finds the right It's it's like it's shitty Little Lotus.
Speaker 2: That's such a perfect Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it is the perfect way to describe it. But I watched Shrinking.
Speaker 2: Oh I haven't seen Shrinking.
Speaker 3: I adore it. Oh Harrison for Jason Siegel, and I can't remember the other actors well.
Speaker 2: Former guests of the show. Michael Ury's in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love he's fabulous. Yes, I met him a few times. He is fabulous in it. Great writing and lovable, funny characters, adult people saying adult words, having adult relationships grounded in reality like their therapists, and Michael Hurry is a lawyer and it it's just so. I love it so much. Oh, I watched The Holes whatever you can watch, I watched it all yesterday.
Speaker 2: Well, what a recommendation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I highly recommend it. Harrison Board is like this older disgruntled therapist with Parkinson's, and Jason Siegel is like a therapist too. It's just so, it's I love it. It's just a breath of fresh air.
Speaker 2: Have you watched Disclaimer?
Speaker 3: That came on automatically after I've finished shrinking. I don't know if I'm on board.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out if I like it or not. It reminds me. The thing I like is it reminds me a bit of like those like late nineties, early thousands thrillers for adults.
Speaker 3: Well, like Disclosure, Yes, Exclaim, that's what I think of, Like indecent proposal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very much in that tone.
Speaker 3: I want it. I love that genre a movie where it's like those are movies.
Speaker 2: For adults, yes, strictly for like teenagers are gonna think this is adult.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like and sometimes they really fly off the like I would say Basic Instinct is one of those completely Oh my god. Really Paul Verhoven is like that motherfucker is crazy. Have you seen Benedetta?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't even heard of this.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's I think it's his most recent film. It's a French movie, takes place in like the movie like sixteenth century in a convent, a lesbian noun thriller. Oh, stigmata like lesbian stigmata. None. And the lead of Virginie Fira is like this hot blonde actress And there's a moment where when she's a little girl, a statue of the Virgin Mary falls on her and she licks the tip. It's great. It's a great I highly recommend it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh and Love Lies Bleeding? Have you seen that?
Speaker 2: Wait? Oh? I loved it.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I couldn't call it to mind because the title doesn't quite match what the movie is, right.
Speaker 3: I thought of it because she did her first movie Glass with Saint Maude, which, oh, that's fucking cool. Crisp eighty nine minutes.
Speaker 2: And Love Life Is Bleeding is kind of in that same category.
Speaker 3: What about Ed Harrison that, oh, he's so chomping and chomping it up, so that motherfucker is so grizzled and to such glorious effect.
Speaker 2: Such a character character, and the movie is just entertaining from start to finish and has the ending is like, I'm like, they earned this bizarre thing that's happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's dirty, it's horny, it's nasty, it's kind of it's weird, it's like outrageous. I loved it. Yes, Christen Stewart is a raunchy dike.
Speaker 2: She's so good in this And who's the bodybuilding?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not sure what her name is, just fabulous, she's really good.
Speaker 2: I feel like kat O'Brien, Katie O'Brien, good old Katie O'Brien, Kati O'Brien reach out. Yes, I wonder if this is her first movie.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm interesting because I had never heard of her and I was like, this person is fabulous, unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Wait, someone mentioned the other day like this, uh, the trend of actors who are doing these Marvel movies or action movies when they do go in the press junket and they're talking about all the unseasoned chicken they had to eat. Oh right, just say you did fucking steroids. Yes, you did steroids. We all know you took steroids. Yes, like you got anabolic steroids to create this body.
Speaker 2: Because it's literally impossible otherwise.
Speaker 3: Because in nine months you can't go from a relatively regular kind of fit human body to Arnold Schwartzene.
Speaker 2: No, it's just it's impossible.
Speaker 3: But they're like, oh my god, eat so much broccoli and spinach and chicken every two hours in my training. I was like yeah, and then also stereod.
Speaker 2: Yes, you were shooting out crazy. Also, why does the chicken have to be unseasoned?
Speaker 3: Throw some salt and PEPPERI or those saracha or whatever.
Speaker 2: Calorie free like car free. You can have all sorts of flavorful chicken.
Speaker 3: Even when they when they try to say, oh, I had to blend it up and drink it, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, no, you know you did took it.
Speaker 3: Put a needle in your ass, you fucking liar. God. I hate that's it is this.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's the same thing with ozempic, where it's like we all just know that this works, and like you're kind of creating a problem for normal people. When you're saying that you didn't cheat. Yeah, it's like just say I wanted this and I cheated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I like Russia so much. They cheat no matter what, Like yeah, liked sports like they will find a way to cheat no matter what because it's about winning. So it's like they're not playing by the same rules because they're like, don't you is this about winning? Great, so we're gonna win according to your rules, and it's like it's so it's so cunty. I mean, they've got band from the Olympics, but like it was like, do you receive the documentary about the doping and no?
Speaker 2: And I wanted to.
Speaker 3: I've heard it because they they had like separate labs. I mean they really went the full like they really really really scammed the Olympics.
Speaker 2: The need and want to win a sport, love it good for glory, glory, and I should say that part is cheating. I feel like with oseempic, it's not so much cheating, it's just like this is a thing that you can do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think honestly, this is not I don't think this would. I think athletes to be able to do whatever they want turn into monsters. It turn into absolute like hideous monsters to get there.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like do whatever it takes, like I mean, take all the steroids, like take every single drug, do whatever it takes to win, and then that'd be so interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to see this absolute monster riding a bicycle, or like.
Speaker 3: This beast in the water with like there's grown fins or whatever it is, Like this letter.
Speaker 2: Rimp, let's see things we haven't seen before. We've we've watched normal people win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no real level playing field. It's all political. It's all people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go for it. Become an absolute thing from another realm and win the goal. I'm behind you. Yeah, I love that shit. Well, is there anything left we need to say about tampons?
Speaker 3: Uh, I'm not really sure. I've never used by myself, but I know that many women in my life swear by them.
Speaker 2: What an unbelievably practical it's It is the sort of thing where it's like two people who cannot speak to it that much, but it's such a practical thing that now it's just a great gift.
Speaker 3: Yes, something to have in the house. Yes, like band aids, Yes, band aids, Adville, Adville. I thank you. Also, I was going to bring something that was like quirky and weird, but I was like, I don't want to bring a dagger so many of them. I didn't want to bring in the lizard because so bulky, and you would have broken the tail. And then I was like, would you want.
Speaker 2: That's an assumption that I would have broken the nose. It's very fragile and the very careful. And then the last thing was a candle snuffer, which I thought was like, too weird. And if you bring me a candle snuffer, you should bring me old fashioned pajamas and the hat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally, and a candle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a candle lot for the whole scrooge. Look, but no, this can just go beneath the bathroom cabinet. And now of them to forty five. This could last me who knows a long time, a long time, or if I have tons of women that need them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for the women to retreat your host, yes, next week?
Speaker 2: Can well?
Speaker 3: Oh wait, I do have something to promote.
Speaker 2: Oh, but this is the exact time because we're about to play a game.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 2: And I need a number between one and ten from you.
Speaker 3: Seven.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have to do some light calculating to get our game pieces. So right now you have the mic, you can recommend, promote, do whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Right Okay, So I and meet a Trixy mattel in myself. We will be going on the road doing live podcasts, and you should come because some of the cities are not selling very well right now. And you can get the information to where those places are at Trixy and katchilive dot com. And then also be nice to each other and pick up your garbage, don't litter, give a hoot, and yeah, don't worry about drinking so much water.
Speaker 2: A bunch of dehydrated people keeping the streets clean. I feel like we kind of fell off with the litter message.
Speaker 3: I would honestly sometimes I feel that I would sooner forgive murder then throwing McDonald's back out the window onto the street.
Speaker 2: Serious, what a wild thing for a human to do, to just be like not mine.
Speaker 3: You know, my friend who used to driving to school in high school did it all the time.
Speaker 2: That would just never even occur.
Speaker 3: The whole bag too, like if we got all like like you know, like true literary orders, like a bag like it's this much bigger than this just out the window onto the middle of the suburban street. I was like, you're such a fucking asshole.
Speaker 2: But there was that through the I feel like the eighties and nineties there were such a strong like do not litter, don't be a litter bug. I think climate change kind of overtook that messaging, but we should still be telling people don't throw shit out your window. No.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm like, you know, recycled world, it all goes to trash island. It's it's like scam. But I mean, but don't. Yeah, like you have the choice to, Like, I mean, I will keep something in my car or like on my person, rather.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna throw it on the No, I would feel guilty for weeks.
Speaker 3: Although you know what, the absolute hypocrisy of me is that sometimes I throw my cigarette butts on the ground.
Speaker 2: Okay, and that fun is weirdly accepted. I don't know why we've decided that.
Speaker 3: I don't know why we've also described decided that they're free. Like do you have a stigrette? It's like this a dollar, you know? Do you have a pizza? Pizza? Like we don't say that barters.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, this is how we play the game. It's called we're playing Gift a Curse. And I should mention that we now this is a big announcement. We have a home version of Gifter a Curse. It's a card game. It is incredible. It's the same beautiful tension and excitement that you hear on this podcast. And now you can take it home and you can hurt feelings and you can cause family rifts. We're headed into the holidays and you can become kind of the person in control of the game. And everybody's going to be giving their opinions via card. It's delightful. You've got to go to exactly rightstore dot com uh to get it. That's where you get the merch. You know, the most beautiful sweatshirt I've ever seen. And now this card game that is it's going to ruin the holidays for everyone. And I can guarantee that you've got to get a copy today. Is there anything else I need to see? Say? No, there's You can also just google I said no Gifts Merch. If that's more your speed, do whatever you need to do. Here's how we play the game. I'm gonna name three things you're going to tell me if they are a gift or a curse and why, and then I'll tell you if you're right or wrong, because there are correct answers, and there's a strong chance you'll walk away a huge loser. Okay, you walked in a loser, You walk out a loser, born a loser. Okay. This first one is from a listener named Ann a gift or a curse being part of a family in which all of the members' names start with the same letter except for your name. And she gives an example Kim Kelby, Kinsley, Kiren, and Joel. Oh those names.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. That's a curse. That's a gift.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a gift. Why?
Speaker 3: No, it's a curse. Why because what are the what are your parents proclaiming about you? Or what are they trying to curse you with or like annoint you with? That's you know, I don't like that. I mean, I have a friend who comes from a Mormon family. I think eight siblings all.
Speaker 2: Come from a Mormon family named A And that's what I was gonna say. This is very Mormon, where Like I knew a lot of Mormon families growing.
Speaker 3: Up, j one with one outlier, though.
Speaker 2: With no outliers.
Speaker 3: It was always like it's fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: There was like a ten family, ten sibling family, all j's. But you're saying, you're saying curse.
Speaker 3: I'm I think it's a curse. I think it's a curse growing up, and then it would be a gift as in adulthood, Okay, it would transition, but curse overall. Yeah, it's a it's a it's an insult. Honestly, I think it's like the scarlet letter in a way, you know.
Speaker 2: Caught you wrong. It's a gift. Why your mommy and Daddy's angel.
Speaker 3: You're the special one, you know, like those other fucking ugly.
Speaker 2: These losers are dud give them a kay name or let's try.
Speaker 3: We were hoping for a Brenda, but all we got were katies, you know, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, and then you come along and suddenly you're the prince or princess and the rest of your life is set. No.
Speaker 3: I really think it depends on what the what order it is you're born at.
Speaker 2: The spotlight is on that moment you're coming out of mommy and your brand, I mean it.
Speaker 3: Was, you know the course. The country. Thing I'm thinking about is Caitlin Kayln with a sea.
Speaker 2: Oh, with a sea. That's right, that's it was. That was a full statement, but with a parent naming. It's I mean, it's another type of statement, and it's here's the star. Get rid of the rest of these kids, put them up for adoption and just keep this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but throw them out in the street, take them to trash island.
Speaker 2: Okay, so zero out of zero so far. Number two. This is from someone named Stephen Giftter a curse saying bio break instead of bathroom break when taking a break during a meeting.
Speaker 3: Bio is in biology biological No, no, no, because the first thing I thought it was like I have to leave the room to update my bio and that's not no. No, although way, I mean, obviously we've flopped on bathrooms in this society, Like there should be no journals, there should just be single stall. Yeah, windows in every completely all gender whatever. Yeah, I've never heard of that. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: Bio break, bio break. It's a curse. You're right, it's complete crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I people love the idea of somebody like stepping out to the bio.
Speaker 3: No, it would be like like Sue stepping out to do the activator, that's what it would be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's something about there's like a very like substance, like there's a wetness to it. That bathroom doesn't bring everyone. If you're saying I've got to take a bio break to the rest of your coworkers, you are a problem at the office.
Speaker 3: Yes you are. You are not getting invited to drinks afterwork, it's for sure bio break.
Speaker 2: If that's a new trend among office workers. I don't know what to say to anybody. What's the what's the logic behind that? Or just say I have to leave the room.
Speaker 3: What about ryo break?
Speaker 2: I have to go freeze yourself seconds? Okay? Well, okay, so you've gotten one right so far, very okay. And finally, this is a we don't know who this came from, so rest in peace, gift to a curse. When your dog hates one of your friends but loves everyone else, this is kind of thematically tied to the first and weirdly.
Speaker 3: That's you know, I don't know because I I I'm gonna get I'm not I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this, But I don't hate animals. Of course, but I don't love them.
Speaker 2: No animal has love from you.
Speaker 3: Uh no, no, no. I mean like I could say, oh my god, that dog is so cute, or that cat is really interesting, or that owl is so wonderful, but like, I don't have pets. I'm never gonna have pets.
Speaker 2: They're not for you.
Speaker 3: No, they're not for me. And so like other people's pets, it's like other people's children. I don't want to touch them. I don't want to talk to them. I don't want them to touch me or talk to me. That's how I feel about that. So I don't I forget what the.
Speaker 2: Question when your dog hates one of your to be me, that's gonna be me. I felt like it was.
Speaker 3: And also like I've been I've been at many times in the situation of go to this person's house for the first time and they forget to mention, Oh, by the way, I have six Rottweilers that will that will charge you as the doorbell rings, Like you need to like tell me that, because that is fucking scary. Like pit bulls, I feel like, don't worry, they're friendly. They're scratching my eyes out and jumping all over me.
Speaker 2: Like people as a dog lover, I.
Speaker 3: Hate dogs, but you know what I mean, I think some people.
Speaker 2: Are very cavalier about how their dogs behave. It's like you have got to be very conscious of that. Not everyone is comfortable with animals.
Speaker 3: And also they bark loudly sometimes all night. Like I was at this house where like two enormous fucking dogs, uncontrollable mm hmm, super aggressive, very physical, and then they wouldn't shut the fuck up. I was like, you know this, this is a bad hosting trait. It's like you're not good at that anyways.
Speaker 2: So you're saying, curse, it's a gift, or it could.
Speaker 3: Be like it's a it's a gift to sess out evil.
Speaker 2: Well, this is what I'm this is why it's a gift. You're you're not getting the point too late? You I mean, did not not saved by.
Speaker 3: The bell it to identify you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What the dog knows something. They know something about this person, whether they're possessed, whether they will betray you. I believe it.
Speaker 3: They can smell the future betrayal. They can smell the breast pump, they can smell and they can hear the wind chime. They can hear the wind chime, ohring house for you.
Speaker 2: Dogs have the spirit of Julianne Moore. Yes, and they know a bad egg when they see it. And when one dog is barking or harassing just one friend, it's because that person's bad news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bad news. They're trying to steal your baby, fuck your husband, and kill your best friend.
Speaker 2: It's time to hire a private investigator and have them track this person. We got one out of three, so.
Speaker 3: That's basically totally great.
Speaker 2: That's one hundred percent as far as I know.
Speaker 3: Wait, did you take the SATs?
Speaker 2: I took the acts.
Speaker 3: Oh what did you get?
Speaker 2: I got a twenty nine.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're smart, you're smarty.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like smart as thirty or above.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought it went up to thirty, only.
Speaker 2: It goes up to I think thirty four.
Speaker 3: Oh god, you're a dumb ass.
Speaker 2: That's a complete dumb That's amazing, right, No, it's not good. I think it's like, oh, well he can read and is okay okay, But I mean I guess if you got a four that would also be a problem. So I guess twenty nine is twenty five points more than four five. So I'm demonstrating my math skills. You took the SAT Yeah, and what did you get?
Speaker 3: I will not tell you lie. Yeah, I mean I have friends who've got sixteen hundred's Is that top? That's perfect?
Speaker 2: Okay, incredible? Yeah, but where are they now? Four hours?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're not on this podcast, certainly not in Holly would They're taking bio breaks at their shitty office jobs.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's firce though.
Speaker 2: I mean I feel like standardized tessing we're kind of finding out is not good, right, yeah, I mean not.
Speaker 3: An indicator of like potential success or whatever. It's even. But did you take AP courses?
Speaker 2: I did take AP courses Political science, history, English? I think those probably those? What are the other ones are?
Speaker 3: I mean there's biology, there's I think I took. I think it's really tough.
Speaker 2: I can handle biology. Chemistry and physics are hard for me.
Speaker 3: I never took chemistry physics. What did you get on this test?
Speaker 2: I think all of those I barely got like threes, you know, which is like a barely passing right except on English and decent in English. Five I think is not a five. I've probably got a four. Yeah, there's no perfection in my life not.
Speaker 3: Hard to believe.
Speaker 2: Did you take AP force I took.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I took AP French Language and AP French literature.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's really classy.
Speaker 3: Oh it was extremely classy when I was because I skipped I skipped a grade, so I was the only one in French literature. Told myself, you know, I got a find on that. I like peaked in high school with languages anyways.
Speaker 2: And then ran right into a brick wall with the SAT.
Speaker 3: Oh like middle of the pack, just like like horribly average, embarrassingly like like just just below average to feel like like shit, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, that's how I feel with the twenty nine on the act. I'm just like, well, oh, it's exhausting. I woke up at the time of the beginning of the test. I remember it was started at eight am, and I woke if what was happening? My parents are decent parents. Why were they not put They should have been.
Speaker 3: Putting the pressure they like, they didn't let you take the p SAT or is there like a.
Speaker 2: Pro there probably is. I felt kind of free Rome. As far as education goes well.
Speaker 3: Very quickly. I had trouble in high schoo well, for when I was a sophomore, I was like a moody kid, and I so I'd looked at other places, alternative schools to go to. When I did a visiting week at this place called Sudbury Valley, which is no longer accredited, but at the time it had a smoking room. Oh and for the whole week I smoked cigarettes indoors at this high school that had no actual courses, but teachers on campus who were available for instruction if you sought them out. Why is that crazy?
Speaker 2: Did you ever ask a teacher for a cigarette?
Speaker 3: No? No, I brought my own and literally just walked around smoked a pack of cigarettes a day at sixteen. I'm that fucking crazy. This was in nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 2: That's like letting the Muppet babies smoke.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like swinging dancing on the airplane.
Speaker 2: Have don draper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they lost their accreditation obviously. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Okay, well it's time to answer a listener question. This is called I said no emails. People write into I said no gifts at gmail dot com begging for help. Will you help me answer a question?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: I will.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see here, I have it. Oh my god, you have an anisot of water. Okay, this says dear Bridger on alease and disrespectful guests, I have failed miserably. I'll be the judge of that. Last year, two long distance friends got married to each other. In the chaos of packing and preparing for the eight hour drive to their hometown, I forgot their card. The card was to be the vessel for a monetary gift. I did not have time to get another card before the wedding, and with all the festivities in traveling home the next day, I forgot to go on their online registry and get a gift from there. My memory continued to fail me. As it is now a year later, as we are approaching their one year anniversary, and I never got them a gift. Neither friend has mentioned anything about not receiving a gift from me, but my own personal guilt is getting to me. Should I send the card and gifts now or is it too late? Well, sending a gift now reveal my true failings as a friend. Our one year anniversary gifts from a friend's a thing? What should I do? Thank you for your help? And that's oh. They didn't even leave their name sincerely a bad and forgetful friend. They're very you.
Speaker 3: Go bad and forgetful friend? Is they're real? That's that's yes, you're a bad friend. You're a bad friend.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I think they are? I think they are.
Speaker 3: They're literally just saying I forgot these people are not important enough for me to prioritize this very simple activity multiple could have done in under ten minutes, even from the car. You just go on the computer and type a little bit, and then you.
Speaker 2: Have how are you not remembering it? You're at the wedding, You're leaving the web.
Speaker 3: Like there is time to stop. You don't have to be punctual for the wedding. You stop at the CVS to get a fucking card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one's thinking about card. No peo will appreciate a bad card.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you get you get ironic car, you get like a happy birthday grandfather card, and you just move right. And also, but if they have turned over a new leaf and they've suddenly like decided to shed their asshliness, then yeah, just get them something. Absolutely, it's ever too late or too weird or too you know.
Speaker 2: People always like to get a gift.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely, just say be like, hey, I've really grown and changed over the years. Sorry, or a fake a drug problem or something.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, ye there no question. Yeah, nobody there like okay, you've got an.
Speaker 3: Excuse, yeah, bulletproof alibi.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like the other the subtext here is that they are mad that the people haven't even noticed. They feel forgotten. These friends don't even care about them.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be so sure about that, because I'm sure that you are a topic of discussion at the brunch that you're not invited to, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: They're constantly talking about, like the fact that if.
Speaker 3: We were in Lindsay didn't give me a fucking birthday and she didn't give me a fucking wedding present or whatever.
Speaker 2: Clock is ticking. Well, I feel like they either have been completely forgotten or they have an opportunity at any time to send a gift.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and this is a long distance friend, yes, yes, so this is like do you do destination weddings?
Speaker 2: I feel like it's a cruel thing to do to your friends and family unless you are paying for them to do it. You are forcing people to go on a vacation that they didn't want to do.
Speaker 3: And have to pay for it.
Speaker 2: Yes, they probably had another vacation in mind. Why aren't we talking about this more often? It's a psycho move to be like, Okay, now you have to go to some boring island somewhere that you were like that was never even on your list, and now your vacation fund is gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: What a cruel, cruel thing you can do. Yeah, I don't really support. I mean I can. I can say, like, if a friend lives in a different state, of course I may, if you're close enough, I'll come to you. But Destination Wild, you better be paying the bill. And I don't have enough rich friends to.
Speaker 3: Be for that to Yeah, I don't know anybody who's I know, I've.
Speaker 2: Got to find somebody that'll pay for me to come to their wedding. Warren Buffett Elon Musk is single. Oh god, can you imagine that wedding that the person that would choose to marry that person at this point?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: What a d wee Just the ultimate dork.
Speaker 3: I mean, what a fucking t weeve and a dork. I hate I miss Twitter.
Speaker 2: He've completely ruined it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I love I loved Twitter.
Speaker 2: It was very fun for a period.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then it's like you, oh, there's a funny post by this funny person that I make but haven't met, and then I scroll down and then there's an advert vacuum, and then there's like a something else and it's just like all chaos. I hate it.
Speaker 2: It's so so awful. Yeah, and it is interesting to me about him and this sort of person where it's like, oh, you're just trapped as Elon Musk for the rest of your life, no amount of money, You'll always have to be that person, which is that's the one bit of solace I get from that.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, you'll always be You're a flop, and you'll always be a flop.
Speaker 2: Just be such a nerd.
Speaker 3: At least he kept the porn though on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Oh he did.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. I appreciate the lack of censorship.
Speaker 2: He did kind of remove censorship, right, because you can be kind of a full Nazi.
Speaker 3: Oh, it can be absolutely yeah, full the full bloom of ignorance is on display there unchecked.
Speaker 2: Well, forgetful and bad friend. That's what you are. That's what you will always be.
Speaker 3: No, you can change to try. You can change.
Speaker 2: Katia has hope for you. Yeah, and I'm okay. I'm riding the fence. I don't know what to say. Don't write back in. I've had such a wonderful time and now I have a practical gift that makes me look like a better person.
Speaker 3: Yes, it does, and it makes you. What it does is it makes you look like a less selfish person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, I've thought about others. This is people will think, at least once Bridger thought about someone outside about women.
Speaker 3: Women's stories matter. They just matter.
Speaker 2: I'm really going to own this and I'm thrilled about it, and I'm so happy you were here today.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. Is my check and is a cash or? Do I just wait for a check?
Speaker 2: You'll wait for the check in the mail? And we don't you know the postal system. It's all over. It's hard to find a public mail box at this point.
Speaker 3: Did you do if I didn't leave the studio until I demanded payment of some kind payment that was not promised. I just take that light with me. No, thank you for having me. Can go to tricksy and contolive dot com and please buy tickets because we'll be humiliated in Baltimore. If it's only half the place is filled, humilit thought.
Speaker 2: To buy tickets live shows. I think are having a very difficult time selling tickets right now, are they.
Speaker 3: Let's go with that.
Speaker 2: I think that's true. I feel like fans of things need to, you know, say oh, I will come see you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's nothing like getting out of the house going to it. You know, COVID and now that COVID was deemed a hoax and we.
Speaker 2: Know that it was essentially a hologram.
Speaker 3: Thank you. And there's no danger at all anywhere with anybody.
Speaker 2: Like go, there's no disease anywhere.
Speaker 3: No, go go to the theater, meet a friend.
Speaker 2: You know, it's take hands with someone who just said that they refused to wash their hands.
Speaker 3: Exact likely to chase the person out who just pissed in the urinal, didn't flash and left without washing their hands. Marry that man.
Speaker 2: And did clean the toys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yes, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Thank you and a pleasure listener. The podcast is screeching to a halt. You are in a panic. Take some deep breaths, find something else to do with your day. Take you're that long away to bio break, I Love you Goodbye. I said, no gifts isn't exactly right. Production. Our senior producer is on Alisa Nelson and our episodes are beautifully mixed by Ben Holliday. The theme song is by Miracle Worker Amy Mann, and we couldn't do it without our booker, Patrick Cottner. You must follow the show on Instagram. At I said no gifts, that's where you're going to see pictures of all these wonderful gifts I'm getting. And don't you want to see the gifts?
Speaker 1: Lie?
Speaker 3: Why did you hear?
Speaker 1: Funna man myself perfectly clear. When you're a guess to me, you gotta come to me empty. And I said, no guests, your presences, presents, and I already had too much stuff, So how do you dare to survey me