Speaker 1: I would like to submit to you that the understanding of fuck around and find out that you possibly have been exposed to a great clip, you know, going around of like a a scale, like a ratio of like the level of which you fuck around is like the level of which you find out. I would like to submit to you that that's a little deceiving, like like pem doas you know, please excuse my dear aunt Sally. It's a little it's a little deceiving. It helps, but it's not telling the whole picture. I don't believe and as much as I understand it, and I think I could speak for the folks for which originated the phrase, it's not so much a graph as it is a cliff. It's a through traffic merge left type sign. It's freeway ending one hundred feet. It's not a through seat. It is a road sign to say that you are going to run out of road, you are going to fall because the find out phase it's a hard stop.
Speaker 2: It's not so much that.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, yeah, you know, I'm gonna you know, if you kind of mess around a little bit, like because if you mess around a little bit, you're probably not gonna find out at all. I'm not gonna do anything. I'm just gonna give you this warning. Hey, hey, fucking around. Find out you keep playing around. It's more like a key playing you know. So you you should merge You on this freeway, you on this road, merge left. The lane you're in is ending, and it's gonna end abruptly. Now when I say abruptly, I'm saying picture that through traffic. Merge left signe not and then the lane not being a diagonal, but just a straight ninety degree stop. The road stops, that lane stops, and you fall off this bridge. It's the bridge is outside like stop driving, because once you into the find out you're already in full dissent. Gravity has already taken over. You have fallen off the cliff. You can't kind of fall off a cliff. You understand what I'm trying to say. You can almost fall off a cliff, right, You could come real close to falling off a cliff, but you don't kind of fall either you fail or you didn't. So don't don't let the like the graph kind of fool you to think that there's some sort of gradient, there's some sort of scale.
Speaker 2: It's a cliff.
Speaker 1: You hit the edge of the road into the line and you win't find out you're in it, and and they take it.
Speaker 2: Off on you. You are falling off the cliff.
Speaker 1: The road signed before that said fuck around and find out that was a thousand feet behind you. So you okay, okay, keep playing. That's another way to say the same thing. All right, keep playing, keeps you stop playing with me, like I'm What I'm trying to tell you is you you enter the zone and once you're in, there's you're in. You get one hundred percent of the find out that it's like it's it's either zero find out or a hundred find out. I'm trying to complete your understanding of this. When you find out you didn't ease into.
Speaker 2: It, it's a cliff. It's a cliff.
Speaker 1: I would like to submit to us earthlings, hairless mammals, overgrown primates with egos, y'all. That find out sign is well behind us. Hood politics, y'all politics, y'all, hood politics, y'all. The block is literally hot. Remember we talked about climate change and you know, the owning of water and municipalities and stuff like that, like California running out of water, I'm saying that as I'm sitting under thunder and lightning rain here and Cali, which is what we mean by I mean the climate is just Earth is like, look, I'm about done with y'all. Like I don't know if y'all been looking around for the past few years, but Earth she done had it?
Speaker 2: Listen, Earth is like, keep playing with me.
Speaker 1: And honestly, guys, according to this uh this report, I mean, we are.
Speaker 2: We are well.
Speaker 1: Within the find out zone, y'all, and the and them licks them hits is only gonna get harder.
Speaker 2: That's that's just where we are right now. Now.
Speaker 1: Y'all play Fortnite. I heard you answer me. Right now, y'all play fortnite or you did play fortnite?
Speaker 2: Whatever it is.
Speaker 1: My uh my kids they be having me watch them play Fortnite because I'm a good father, you know, and uh I play with them here and there. But I'm must admit, just the gaming thing just didn't do it for me. Even even the like NBA Lives and you know, two K's and all that, like even the Sports one FIFA like Madden, I just never got into it.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna hold you, you know.
Speaker 1: And it's crazy because part of my masculinity feel like I can't really say that that's stupid, but part of my whole masculinity make me feel like I can't even say that I'm not really I'm not really good at those games. But anyway, y'all really gotta let go of.
Speaker 2: This masculine stuff.
Speaker 1: Talk shit because I'm like, what, I can't play FIFA, I don't play Madden.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I watched them play Fortnite, and you know, when the storm comes, like you get dropped off. You're supposed to do what you gotta do, and then the storm's coming, and then the storm is just.
Speaker 2: Moving at its own steady pace.
Speaker 1: And you like, I'm mean, it's coming like you hopefully you can wipe everybody out before. But the storm on the way. No, no, it's not only on the way, it's I mean, it's here. It just ain't hit you yet. Now, as you know, once you get into the storm, yeah, you'll live for a little bit, but it's killing you, like I mean, and it's sped up.
Speaker 2: You're killing now.
Speaker 1: You was probably gonna die anyway, unless you really that good at Fortnite, you know what I'm saying. You was probably gonna die, you know. But even if you the last one, you turn yourself into an endling out there's mug, which is the name of my next book. But don't tell nobody you might turn yourself into an endling or anything. But the point is, the storm is closing in on you.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: In the game. You can't stop it. You just gotta try to avoid it. But but yeah, yeah, you may, you may. You may be able to step into the the to the storm here and there for a little bit. But the but the island you own, it is forever changed because of that.
Speaker 2: Not.
Speaker 1: The beauty of a video game is you can just start over. Ain't no big deal, you know. And if you die seventy fifth or if you die, if you make it to the end.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: You just gonna start over because it's a video game. But if this island was Earth and that storm was climate change, nigga, I'm not listen. I need y'all to know right now, you're not avoiding the storm. We're already in it. It's y'all not paying attention. Climate has changed, then, like we already it's already We're already in y'all. We're in find out like we're already. I don't understand what you don't understand. We're in mid air if like I said, if bunk around find out is a cliff, y'all understand we in zero grab you we are, We are falling already. I am talking about the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, the IPCC. They finally released a report for the twenty twenty three climate and let me tell you what they're saying. They saying, y'all, we are well within the find out. Listen that the headlines are driving me crazy. They was like the world is on the brink of catistrophic warming, Like I mean, please, baby, baby, please, Like they said, we like dangerous threshold. Like I don't think y'all get it, y'all. It is so old bad, it's I cannot do you know that last year? Did you know that last year they were climate scientists that went on strike and protested in front of our government, like y'all, and it just ain't make no news because we just kind of like, listen, let me give y'all another example. When I when I talk to my my teenage daughter and I'm trying to tell her to do something or that she should she should make a move and she know I'm right.
Speaker 2: While I'm talking, she goes, yeah yah yah yah yah yah.
Speaker 1: Obviously I'm black, so I be wanting to slap the taste out of her mouth, but I don't because I'm healed. But she goes, yeah yah, yeah, yeah yeah. That's my cue to know that she knows I'm right.
Speaker 2: And I just feel like I feel like I I like these people were saying, listen, I know that y'all know.
Speaker 1: Where I'm alowiya right now underwater nigga, Like like, listen, do y'all, there's an atmospheric river. It's a river in the sky for I love. I'm just kidding, yo, Listen, it's a river in the sky in California, and we still ain't made up the water we lost, Like are y'all, I'm trying to tell you these people trying to tell us like nigga, help me, help me, help me, me me me nigga.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 1: Now, So today I want to get into a few of them specifics, but I also want to get into like maybe an understanding that's to like why fools be like not trying.
Speaker 2: To hear you already.
Speaker 1: Here we go. So look I'm excluding the climate denier. Okay. As a matter of fact, I don't think there's anybody really with any good sense that's actually worth listening to that is not have not accepted that the climate has changed and is continually changing. Now to what degree and to what cause? You know, that's something in a world that they're they're arguing. You know, you have the Jordan Peterson of it all, that's like, well, the model doesn't make sense because you're saying the climate is everything.
Speaker 2: So if the climate is everything, then the climate's nothing.
Speaker 1: And to Joe Rogan's defense, and to his credit, he was like, so are you saying we do nothing because you don't understand the models? Right, which was like everybody beyond Joe Rogan. But I'm like, Joe, actually, I mean he puts back there. He was like, I see what you're saying that. It's like you're saying it's everything, So then what do we do? Well, how do you set models? And how do I know the models work? And he's like, okay, so do nothing and Jordan hand no answer.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So, but that's not the people I'm talking about right now, I would say it's more the rest of us who are not delusional, right, who can like literally step outside and I mean, hell, there was a tornado a Manapello as in East Los Angeles, a tornado in Los Angeles. I mean, like who already knows the amount of like hurricanes and natural disasters this year already is more than entire like years combined. Like we none that we understand that floodings are crazier. We understand that wildfires are crazier and they're getting more crazy and they're more frequent, you know, so you're not I mean, duh, you feel me? Hell there was remember there was no uh, there was no snow crab. Remember that last year? It's literally ain't no crabs. They didn't come. Why because the water was too hot, so they was like you can't catch like so you can't really miss that, right.
Speaker 2: But I think the.
Speaker 1: Where America sits, I like to describe it as like the reality is the you know, we drove off the cliff, like I said, But I think America is really more looking at this, and I think in some ways most of the world is looking at it like they check engine light, like you know it's there, you know what I'm saying, I know there's a problem, but I don't understand engines. The car seems to still run fine, and the problems that we have, I guess I could live with. I mean, it's look, if I can't drive it, then I'll take it in now. Granted, obviously, that is the worst possible way to treat your car. You know what I'm saying, Like the whole itema like it's kind of a running joke among like food's gone wild and like the trollies they got like an Ultimo with like bald tires and the check engine Like you know what I'm saying, Poppy, I'm in Wittier, go see me anyway, I'm being stupid. But you know, most people's solution today check engine light is to go ahead and just unhooked the battery and then rehook the battery and then the check engine light's gone. You know it's because or it's like I'm just gonna go ahead and adjust right up under my my steering wheel adjusted and moved the wheel up so now I can't see the light and that there is no problem.
Speaker 2: Right, we just.
Speaker 1: Wait till somebody else comes and fix it, or just sell the car and get a new one. The problem with treating Earth like that is, I don't know why you think it's cheaper in the same way as a card. Why you think it's cheaper to get a new card than it just take care of the one you got. How is that just so you could destroy the other one, the new one? Like it's why you think it's smarter to go to Mars, Nigga. Mars don't got an atmosphere, at least not a breathable one. You think, Oh, so it's cheaper and easier to be interplanetary than it is to just fix the check engine light, especially when all the mechanics in the.
Speaker 2: World is going No.
Speaker 1: Fam Listen, I tell you exactly what you gotta do. It's real simple, y'all. Remember y'all may be too young for this, but y'all remember the Ozone layer. Y'all remember when we had to fix the o's on big old hole and the o's. You understand that, like we it's not like we can world problems are solvable. There are things you can do, you know, Like there's some stuff that it's like, yeah, that ship is sailed, homie, but then there's other stuff that, like dog, we could do.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You just gotta do this, this, this, this, and this. Can't be taking y'all ultimate off road no more. Okay, it's not made for that. Can't keep putting that cheap gas in your car. You can't keep driving it till you when you see the oil light, Come on, you need an oil change. I don't understand why you think it's okay to just treat your like it's just gonna show up one day, Like, come on, Fam, you slamming on your brakes every time you get to the like you speed it slamming or yeah, yeah, your brake's gonna go out like it just small pieces of maintenance can make this thing last as long as it possibly can, but you can't. But we can't treat the climate like that, Fam, because again, it costs a lot to go to Mars. I bet you it be much cheaper to just get on you know, electronic cars than it would build a spaceship, nigga, Like and I know, a shiny new car is a much cooler than taking care of the one you got. You feel me just like a shiny new significant other, just like a shiny new man, you know, a shiny new side piece, shiny new girl is much better than going to therapy.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Listen, couples therapy be hard. You know what I'm saying. Listen, I am in a traditional marriage, nigga, and the shit is hard because you feel me Like, look I get it, you don't. I don't even care if you're talking about polyamory. Look that get hard too, you know what I'm saying. Might be better to just bounce out rather than deal with your issues. Gonna just roll out and get you a new one.
Speaker 2: Better you out here?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't understand why I just be attracting all these toxic people. Man, I do so toxic. Man, that girl so toxic. Man, she crazy, and you get a new girl dogs she crazy? Didn't get a new girl after that? Like dogs she crazy? Like all three of them, all three of them crazy, Homie. You show you not just bringing what's the X factor? Maybe it's some stuff you not dealing with. So no matter who you with, fam, you gonna bring the same toxicity to the new spot. So I'm like, what y'all gonna You try to destroy Mars to cuz you try to build it just to destroy it. Oh, you just want to sign a new planet. Huh, okay, it is.
Speaker 2: For a second. Then listen, listen. Let me keep it real with you.
Speaker 1: When the lights when the lights go off, Look, it's all listen, it's all the same. It's all the same when the lights go off. Nigg you better love the one you with be out here like Delle Curry. It's not better listen, it's not okay out here. You don't want to be out here, homie.
Speaker 2: Take care of what you got.
Speaker 1: But I think I'm dosing that as an extended metaphor of like, sometimes the I think what we see is the problem just feels too b and like I'd rather just ignore it because I mean, what the hell I'm gonna do? And you're like, uh, if you're in California, you know you got all the recycled stuff, especially on the West Coast, you got all these recycled things. Only to know that the plastic you're throwing into your recycle being ain't really being recycled. It's like, well, nigga, what maybe y'all should stop making the plastic.
Speaker 2: Like maybe it's that. I think.
Speaker 1: Also a hurdle people are finding with a climate change is really the language, I think, because we don't use celsius or meters, And it's just hard to get your brain around when somebody says, look, if the ocean gets one point five degrees hotter, you're like, nigga one like, it's just hard to get your head around that that, Like, I don't understand why that's such a problem. And then your p are you trying to tell me that means we gonna lose the red tailed owl?
Speaker 2: Nigga? What the fuck I care about a red tail?
Speaker 1: I like, there's so you're not communicating the urgency in a way that at least somebody, like like a regular ass person understands. I also think one of the problems is the same problem that caused Nazi Germany to happen. Yeah, follow me, Like, I'm look, I'm gonna be real with y'all. You know how a lot of this stuff was able to go down. Now, I don't be look, don't be yelling at these at these Germans, at these civilian Germans in the forties watching all this shit happen, because I'm pretty sure you would do the same if you looking out the window you see the police come rage on neighbor's house and they snatching people out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gonna think it sucks. That's terrible. It's horrible what they're doing to these people. But they not coming to your door.
Speaker 1: As long as your door is fine, you gonna look through the window like God, that's just it's terrible. It might bother, you might might throw up a little hashtag, throw up a little protest, but you.
Speaker 2: Ain't going over there. You're not going over there.
Speaker 1: I'm saying a lot of that's that is because it's like, that's too disruptive, and you like what I'm gonna do. That's another problem with it. You like what I'm gonna do, Like, what difference do I make? Now I've done. I've try to do my best. But then again, I'm a homeowner. There's things I can't do. Like I got the solar panels, you feel me. I look, I got a hybrid car. Now, look, I'm a hypocrite because we have two cars.
Speaker 2: We need two cars.
Speaker 1: I mean, I got two kids, so maybe I don't. Look, I don't buy paper towels. I went and bought a big old box of these like cheap square like white cloth towels.
Speaker 2: Right, I just got a gang of them. My grandma used to do rags.
Speaker 1: She would take old clothes shredded up and make rags, and that's how she would wash everything. And you just throw the rags in the wash when you wash your clothes. Now it feel a little daunting because I'm like, all right, So to get these little white rags clean, I gotta wash them in hot water, use detergent with a single use plastic bind that the dettion came out of. You feel me run the energy from a dryer, right, and check this out. The solar panels that I got. You think I don't know. The precious metals that was used to make them things was harvested in Africa in some sort of mind where people are working on straight up slave labor. It feel too big. It's like, nigga, what I'm gonna do? Like that's that's.
Speaker 2: Where a lot of the problems in US.
Speaker 1: And I think the last problem with us really getting our brain around how bad we finna find out is there are more pressing issues, at least in our brain. They feel more pressing now, of course, nothing more pressing than the planet. My nigga, Like, who care about who the president is? If Washington DC underwater, you look, we ain't gonna have to worry about Florida in a while, you know what I'm saying, Like it ain't gonna be one. So but I understand as a person of color, I'm like, you know, white, he's on the moon. I'm like, I'm supposed to be excited about all these innovations and these tech things that you say, Go, I was supposed to be. I was supposed to be worried about what you what y'all worried about. It's because y'all got time to think about that. I'm still dying in the streets, my nigga, Like we still ain't got equal rights.
Speaker 2: We still living food deserts out this mug.
Speaker 1: And even when you talking about environmental justice and stuff like that, I'm saying, yeah, I know for a fact, y'all really wasn't mad when they built that landfill in the hood. You know landfills, you know, power plants, waste dumps, all that. Y'all rich folks don't want those in your neighborhoods. You put them in our neighborhoods. So I'm like, I don't even know if you really you really about that. We're the ones breathing toxic fumes. So I'm like nigga, even even your climate work is racist cuz you know what I'm saying, so in our.
Speaker 2: Mind we like doc. That's just so, it's like, there's so much to deal.
Speaker 1: With before I start worrying about spotted owls.
Speaker 2: Is the feeling.
Speaker 1: And on top of all that, the people y'all spokesperson, what is this? What is this white girl dreadlock for truly smelling facade? Burning man head ass lady. You know what I'm saying, throwing spaghetti at a painting talking about I'm talking about environmental justice. It's just like weird though, Like that can't be that, can't be your spokesperson. I just don't relate to that. You know, it's just so much ego. You know, you just have to release your ego. And you know, like bro, you smell like orange pits and knag chamba. I just ain't got nothing. I don't I don't know what you're talking about. I don't want to be one of y'all. Now it is again, this is just me being a translator. So like, notwithstanding all the bad actors, all these different reasons that you know, things get lost in translation, lost in communication, and really don't appreciate the severity this situation.
Speaker 2: Think about it like this. Let me just throw this in there.
Speaker 1: If you are India, if you are China too, where like y'all got next as far as a global superpower, and now you're telling everybody we need to stop doing all these carbon emissions.
Speaker 2: We got to start hearing it for the planet. If you them, you like, wait, hold.
Speaker 1: Up, you wasn't bringing that energy when y'all, when y'all all got filthy, unimaginably rich, destroying the earth. You done got all this money, and not only that, using us fam to go into these minds to get all this stuff out. You was using eye labor on eye, soil, got stupid rich, been running the world and now you ow top. You really on top because you've been raping our land, destroying the damn planet. Now you like, actually, guys, we can't be doing this no more. Everybody got stopped. They're like, hold, hold, hold, we didn't make the problem. Y'all caused the problem, and y'all got rich off it. And part of y'all got getting rich was holding us down. This sounded like a you problem, my nigga.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Get in on good on this lick too. Y'all got wealthy off this now. Hold up, y'all got wealthy off this, off this earth destroying stuff.
Speaker 2: Hold up. We've been struggling this whole time.
Speaker 1: Even the fumes that you created, we dying over here because of y'all's problems.
Speaker 2: Y'alln scortched the earth.
Speaker 1: Now you're trying to tell us we can't we can't get up now, we can't get up now because oh yeah, don't do it this way though, because like you know what, man, fuck y'all.
Speaker 2: I'm burning all the fossil fuels.
Speaker 1: I won't tell I'm up, like y'all, and then let me decide, give me a chance to rule the earth for a little bit.
Speaker 2: I need to make some of that money, need some of that good all money too.
Speaker 1: You can't just be pulling up, spinning the block, you know what I'm saying, serving these bricks out here and just destroy the hood. And all of a sudden, now it's our turn to get up, and you're like, nah, guys, this is we're pumping poison in our community.
Speaker 2: Man, we can't. You know, you really shouldn't sell drugs?
Speaker 1: Are you not the one to tell me that and I mean I feel them. It's like it's gonna help us all. It's like NIGGI okay, So Indian them is like no, no, no, I don't care about y'all.
Speaker 2: Twenty thirty.
Speaker 1: We need a chance to make some of that good bread. We ain't no superpower. Part of why we not a superpower is because of.
Speaker 2: You, nigger.
Speaker 1: You know, y'all fall back. You caused the problem. You know, y'all know I'm in the coffee industry. Also promo code hood. Make sure you getting your cold brew dead serious. It worked fifteen percent off terraformcoldbrew dot com promo code.
Speaker 2: Hood at checkout.
Speaker 1: But look, I was at this thing called the Color of Coffee Collective where it's like it's black and brown and indigenous people that are in the coffee industry. And they had a panel from the farmers from origin you know, so these is you know, African, Central and South American farmers, and somebody asked them a question about climate change and how they're like kind of adjusting to it and maybe trying to do better, do better practices, and they were like, we didn't destroy the earth. We are origin, we're developing third world countries. What you looking at us to solve this problem. For y'all, we didn't make the problem.
Speaker 2: You did.
Speaker 1: No, what are you doing to help us with climate issues? I was like, yeah tooche man, But I tell you what h speaking of environmental justice, speaking of the fact that it's our habitats, it's our neighborhoods, it's our money, it's our ancestors, it's our families that are being worse destroyed. Maybe we should pay attention. Maybe we should talk a little bit more about this. Maybe we really are in the find out phase. At least that's what this, uh, this report says. Now, let's talk about the report.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should pay attentions. Maybe we really are in to find out that are out?
Speaker 1: All right, So we're back the report. Like I said before, it's the IPCC, It's the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, right, And that means that this isn't a partisan This ain't one country nigga. This is like where we live on the planet and everybody I gotta do they park right, And what they're basically saying is that like, not only are we likely we were gonna miss our target of limiting warming to one point five degrees celsius, which is two point seven degrees sparreaheight.
Speaker 2: Above pre industrial temperatures.
Speaker 1: Within the decade beyond that threshold, scientists have find that climate disasters will become so extreme that people will not be able to adapt. Basic components of Earth's system will be fundamentally irrevocably altered. Heat waves, famines, infectious diseases will claim millions of additional lives by centuries in. So this is what they're saying, Before the Industrial Revolution, right, there's a part of you that's like, there's nothing we could do, like you can't put the genie back in the bottle. Of the Industrial Revolution happened, right, But at that time, you know, I mean, what did we know we was throwing I mean, niggas was burning everything.
Speaker 2: You feel me like, we just had no idea what it was doing.
Speaker 1: Right, So once we figured out what we were doing, we was like, yo, whoa, theair slow down.
Speaker 2: We're we're suffocating all of us, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I grew up in a time when California small, Like when I tell you, the air was beige, like it was always And this is another again, another proof that like you can do something. The air was beige here, Like we would get these like small warnings. There would be times that like you can't play outside at school because like you can't breathe the air is not breathe the bull.
Speaker 2: What I care about a bully? Both of us weezing.
Speaker 1: I mean, like you would see it, you know, when you landed into La you'd see this blanket of orange over the CEA. That's not there no more because we made some changes. But anyway, you can't put the genie back in the bottle. So they were saying, let's as long as we don't go above two point seven degrees, if we could keep it, and then we're gonna have to make changes for that to happen. And there's some changes that they suggested. These are all the stuff that like all your capitalists a Republican and a lot of them Dems who really trying to make that money while they're trying to stop all them limitations. They say, it's too cheap to it's too expensive to run you just in the EPA, we're stopping us from making money. It's like all them things that are supposed to be evil stopping you from making money. You know what I'm saying is more like breevable AIRFAM. But anyway, they're saying they're trying to keep it below that, because if you go above that, then you're off the cliff.
Speaker 2: We're in. Found that we're in.
Speaker 1: Find out, okay, And like I said, it's hard for us to get our brain around what going above that will be, right, And I think it's like, I think it's connecting those dots.
Speaker 2: One of those dots. I think it was helped is like.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if we say ocean levels are rising, you're like, all right, whatever, why is it rising.
Speaker 2: It's rising because the ice caps are melting.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the polar bears don't have anywhere to be Like, Okay, I don't think you understanding the role that the ice in the ocean plays with our weather and with the places that we call land. There's already cities gone that are under the ocean, like American cities that are under the ocean. I'm not talking Pompeii, Ancient Rome, Alexandria, Egypt, Fam. I'm talking America. The entire chunks of New Orleans that's already gone. Right, So that land is sinking. They're saying, by twenty one hundred, that's gone, Miami gone, Nigga, Houston gone, most of Atlantic City, Jersey gone. Like I'm trying to tell you most of most of South Carolina underwater. Twenty one hundred nigga gone. And I know twenty one hundred seemed like a long way away, but so does the nineties. You see how fast it come to you? Y'all understand, doctor dres the chronic came out in ninety two. Do you know how much long ago that was? You see what I'm saying, like the time moving faster than you think, right, And if we don't do anything, then the speed for which twenty one hundred come in is gonna come much faster. So when I tell you cities are gone, cities are under like you're not listening to me, Like I want you to picture, you know, yo, old Like I said, I want you to picture old POMPEII Alexander are in Like, oh my god, they discovered there's a city off this coast. No, nigga, that's where y' that's your grandma house. Like it's not ancient history, it's literally you visited there last year.
Speaker 2: It's gone.
Speaker 1: So there's that that I'm telling you, Like I don't think we understand because we ain't never experienced this. Like we know what a forest fire is, but I don't think we understand a forest fire.
Speaker 2: We can't put out when we.
Speaker 1: Say that the water, when the sea level rises, then that means it's gonna jump into our fresh water, bringing algae inside of our fresh water. Algree that's already mutated because it shouldn't have been in water that hot anyway, which means there gonna be Our sources of fresh water is gonna diminish even more than it already has.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I told you I live in this atmospheric river right now, but we still don't have enough water. And if that water, if that rain is coming from contaminated do y'all understand what I'm trying to tell you the types of famine. I don't like famine seemed like an ancient word, But I don't think you understand. Like y'all was complaining about eggsb everybody's playing about eggs.
Speaker 2: Cost of eggs. They like, what if there are no eggs?
Speaker 1: Do you know that right now there is twenty harvests left of coffee. Our top soil can handle twenty. We got twenty more years of coffee. I like, I don't know how else to make this, to make this real for you? You want me to tap into your racism. Do you know what a climate refugee is? You know what a forced migration is? You already mad at immigration, immigration happening now? But what if okay, well talk to me, Talk to me when Honduras is so full of toxic diseases that they got to go somewhere because you can't live in Honduras no more. You are already mad about you already had about people coming into our where they gonna go. Look, let's not make it weird like that when Miami's done, because it's I don't think y'all understand what I'm trying to tell you.
Speaker 2: There will be no Miami.
Speaker 3: It like.
Speaker 2: Where they gonna go. You complaining about your house prices.
Speaker 1: They're gonna come to California with our extreme droughts, with our extreme wildfires. They can't be here, Nigga, like the city on fire and it got an atmospheric river. Make it make sense. I don't know, it's a different planet. We've broke it, Joe. What do you want me to say? We about to discover new diseases?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Because they've been in the polar they've been in ice.
Speaker 1: Caps, bacteria been in there frozen.
Speaker 2: I'm just I don't, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: When you okay, I'm a pescatarian, it means I, you know, I like, I'm kind of done on the land animals. Like I again, I understand how hard it is to draw to connect the dots with these things. But if you're saying, if you're saying the water is too acidic and hot for krill to be there right, then that means that the fish that eat that krill right won't have no food in their food chain, and the water is too acidic for them to grow bones in the first place. I'd like, what is these mutant fish from the Simpsons with three eyes? Like, Okay, that's one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is sterile like if they can't like it, like there's plants gone, Like it's just the earth will not life as we know it. We done found out. It's just it's done. But there are things we can do, is what they're trying to say. There's some stuff you ain't gonna like I said, the Industrial Revolution happened. It's stuff you ain't gona it's stuff you're not gonna stop. I'm gonna link in the show notes, the report, and mad articles on this because it's important that you able to connect these dots right Because listen again, poor communities, black folks, brown folks. You think these you think these risk folks gonna let you in their neighborhoods. You think you're gonna they think they're gonna let you move up to the hills. We don't live in the hills, they do. You think when the water get rationed that they gonna stop having lawns. You think they gonna You think they're gonna remove their grass. You think theyre gonna stop watering their grass. You think they're gonna drain their pools. Or you think they're gonna do what they doing now, which is lobby to keep they life lifestyle going no matter how hot it is. Come up with some sort of big old umbrella over their neighborhood, umbrella over Beverly Hills to stop it from the UV raids. They got the money for it and gonna make sure the law don't change.
Speaker 2: They make it. It's too much money to be made.
Speaker 1: I want you to read this stuff to see the things that can be done that really aren't that hard to do right now. And look, look, let me keep it real. Democrats ain't no help. Well at least Joe Biden, ain't you know? He capping all that about the Green New Deal and then just like approved the Willow Oil project up in up in Alaska, Okay, eight billion dollar project. It would give us about six hundred and twenty nine million barrels of oil and would produce about two hundred and eighty seven million metric tons of CO two into the atmosphere on the.
Speaker 2: Same week that the experts said.
Speaker 1: Nigga, y'all gotta stop. Y'all gotta stop shooting the CO two in the air. Like I don't know, did y'all see the last hurricane?
Speaker 2: Zuh?
Speaker 1: These are not normal, but they're about to become normal. And these are gonna be. And these normal ones, your category fives are finna be fours because we gonna need a new number for five.
Speaker 2: Like I just I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Because of the extreme droughts in cal because it's so dry, when the stuff catches on fire, you just can't put it out. Imagine a forest fire you can't put out like it's just it's not enough water. This man was like, that's right, we need to stop carving emissions and.
Speaker 2: Gonna get that well over there, nigga, you know what I'm saying, twenty nine billion. It's a gang of money cut you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Hey, but look, look I care about the earth though, niggas is not. Listen, listen, those are the types of things we talk about. You're gonna spend a billion dollars on some shit you know, is kill us.
Speaker 2: I mean, what else we're gonna do? Well, there's a lot else we can do.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you gonna spend eight billion dollars anyway, won't you invest in stuff that ain't gonna burn the planet up? Like those things are super easy. There are things we could do as consumers. Because here's the thing, money talk, right, But I understand it's hard to like I understand in this. It's like, Okay, if you all of a sudden realize that you might have diabetes, or you gotta start cooking with like coconut or everything don't taste the same. It's like it's like, well this is all I Sometimes you like, I'd rather just die early and enjoy the food I eat than having to make all these changes. I understand it's too big. And I don't run the government. You already told me my recycling don't do nothing, you feel me. So it's like, well, shit, man, like maybe y'all should stop producing the shit, like keep it a buck. You think that, Like coal miners really give a fuck about coal itself. They black lung head ass. No, they want work, nigga, that's it. I just want to work. They're not out here caping for climate change denial. They niggas just want to work. That's really at the.
Speaker 2: End of the day. I mean, on the other hand, you know what I mean, people gonna die.
Speaker 3: We do this.
Speaker 1: So listen, you can look at this report. I mean, it's you can download it. It is very much the entire scientific community yelling we are well within the find out phase block.
Speaker 2: Literally hot, y'all. Hood politics.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know why I ain't thought of this before, but you know you could use promo code hood for fifteen percent off on terraform coolbrew dot com. Like I forgot I own that company and this is my pod. Y'all go ahead and punch it. Promo cod hood if you and the cold Brew, get you some cold brew, gonna get you some coffee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I can't believe, I ain't think of it.
Speaker 3: This still right now, yo, yo.
Speaker 1: This thing right here was recorded by Me Propaganda and East Lows, Boil Heights, Los Angeles, California.
Speaker 2: This thing was mixed, edited.
Speaker 1: Mastered, and scored by the one and only Matt Awsowski.
Speaker 2: Y'all check out this fool's music. I mean it's incredible.
Speaker 1: Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman for cool Zon Media. Man, and thank you for everybody who continue.
Speaker 2: To tap in with us.
Speaker 1: Make sure you leaving reviews and five star ratings and sharing it with the hommies so we could get this thing pushed up in the algorithm and listen. I just want to remind you these people is not smarter than you. If you understand city living, you understand politics, We'll see you next week.