Speaker 1: I said, Oh, Alex hangs out Dave Meltzer. He knows all this stuff. He reads the sheets slander.
Speaker 2: You're gonna tell me this guy, Alex, our producer, is gonna predict it and.
Speaker 1: Tell you the finishing move. This is ridiculous. He's in cahoots. Ladies and gentlemen, are you ready? Sits about to hit the fan? Welcome to on sanction Thursdays, horestling with Friday.
Speaker 3: What's up? Everybody? Welcome to Unsanctioned Thursdays, the show that gives you more because we didn't give you enough on Wednesday. That's why we call it on sanction Thursdays, even though you're probably listening on any other day of the week. I cussed a lot on Wednesday's episode. I'm gonna try to keep it cleaner this on the Thursday, even though this is the one I usually curse on. If you want the bad blood predictions, they were on the Wednesday episode, you guys can go back and see Jeff and I were both three for five. Our producer man, he was fire. He was five for five. We'll see. We'll just see how everyone does this week, because we're gonna talk. What are we gonna talk. We're gonna go to Tacoma, Washington. That's Danielson Country and we're gonna talk. Ae W's Wressell Dream. This is the second edition of Russell Dream. Pretty good card. You might not be super hype for every match. They didn't tell a lot of stories with all of them, but the ones they did I think you care about. And there's one that's just gonna be a straight up banger, as Seamus would say. First up, Darby Allen versus brody King. These two have had matches in the past. It's always the big guy beating up the little guy and then the little guy just able to take it, kind of in a Jeff Hardy sort of manner. I don't have a big emotional investment in this. I do feel that Darby is gonna get the push here and he'll get the not and Darby's gonna go over for the victory over Brodie King. What say you, sir, I know you're heavily invested in this one.
Speaker 1: Well. I do love brody King because he's a giant freak, and I do like him and I think he's awesome. And I love Darby Allen because he's literally a psychopath. Like he'll he's just the most reckless wrestler and we I mean, he's it's insane. So for these two, it kind of feels like they've got something up their sleeve, like some big crazy spots.
Speaker 3: Or some ten of them. But yeah, for sure, Yeah the match is gonna be good, dude.
Speaker 1: This is one of those matches that like, he'll get to When I used to wrestle on the trampoline with my friends, you know, we would we would do all the moves and we do all the wrestling stuff. But then one of like my friends, like little brothers, would be like want to wrestle with us? And that was so exciting because now I'm a giant and this is like a small just all the crazy moves, and so I feel like this is gonna be one of those things with Brodie King is going to have all these spots. That's kind of what they're planning with Darby Allen and then I think Darby Allen will win. But I think that I think that this match is going to be very, very, very very I do. There's gonna be a lot of highlights. There's gonna be a lot of like reels on YouTube and Instagram, of like this of spots from this match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a coffin drop off the friggin' Empire state building all the way to watch exactly. Psychopath is a great word for him, all right. Next up, the Ring of Honor World Championship is on the line. The champ Mark brisco who's super funny with his promos if you guys haven't watched him, versus Chris Jericho. Now I'll tell you this. Our producer is picking Chris Jericho to take the Ring of Honor Championship back to the Learning Tree. I have to agree with him, and not just because he was right every single time on Bad Blood, but because of the story, and Jericho's always story. He's always reinventing himself. He's always creating new things. He was the Ocho, he said, now I'm going to be the Nuevee, And right when he said that, I was like, ah, shit, man, brisco is gonna lose. I was just starting to like really love Briscoe because his probos are really good. And so yeah, I'm picking Jericho as well. What do you say, sir?
Speaker 1: I want to pick Mark Briscoe just so I can maybe get a point, get a win. I don't really know much about the Briscoes, but Jericho looks pretty pretty aged lately. He doesn't look like Jed. I know, I'm not trying to hate. And also, wrestling has nothing to do with reality when it comes to aging and things like that.
Speaker 3: So Jeff Jarrett's still kicking ass out there, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: That's Rick Flair is still wrestled. So who the hell am I?
Speaker 1: But I'm just going to pick Mark Briscoe because I like Mark brisco like that Briscoe family, and uh, you know, just maybe this will give me some.
Speaker 3: Points speaking about the Briscoes. I used to get to hang out with Gerald Briscoe. We called him Jerry back when I worked at w w E, and he was the coolest old timer dude. You So, I loved hanging out with this guy. Sometimes we would just be him and I sometimes be me him a couple other dudes. But he would always tell me the coolest stories. We talk about, you know, traveling because I had traveled from acting and he traveled the world from wrestling, and what our favorite cities were and this and that, and he talked about the seventies and you know, smoking grass in the seventies and all they called it grass. He's so old school, dude. I just loved him. He was the coolest guy. Man. He was really good to me in the company when not everybody was. Just the sweetest dude. Man. I know he's still around and still kicking ass. Man. I just love him so much. Anyway, love that. Hey, people ask for stories there there.
Speaker 4: It is, no I love it. You know what, guy's old when he calls pot.
Speaker 3: Grass, you know, straight up man. All Right, So we got we got the TNT Championship. We got Jack Perry. He's the champ. He refashioned the championship to look more perry ish, made it look tough and pissed off, just like him. And he's going against Katsuyori Shibata the wrestlers wrestler. If you like wrestling, you like Katsuyori. If you don't like wrestling, you're gonna get beat up by Katti Yori. That's how good he is. All that said, Jack Perry ain't losing this title anytime soon, and he's definitely not losing to Kotsi Jori Shabatto. No matter how tough you are, bro, He's spray painted the bell black he grinded it down with a metal grinder. You think he's gonna lose it that quick?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 3: No, I picked Jack Perry, so does our producer. Who do you pick, Jeff?
Speaker 1: I also take Jack Perry, not because I think, not because I like him, because I don't. I don't like him, But I do think that they're not gonna He's not gonna lose the belt, So I think he's the guy. And also I love what he did to the belt. I love I love stuff like that. Yeah, it gives story, It gives character to these people. Man, it gives them a chance to improvements that it is doing the same thing every week.
Speaker 3: I love that kind of stuff. Next up is gonna be what I predict the match of the ninth. It is a triple threat with will Osprey the champ versus Ricochet newly arrived Ricochet versus konos Ke, the lone Wolf as they call him. And this dude is bigger than the other guys and stronger than the other guys, and they're gonna both be bouncing and launching off of him, over him, around him, and he's gonna be the base and it's gonna be the craziest freaking match you've ever seen. So please watch this. Let us know on socials if I was right, but you already know I was right, And I'm picking will Ospray. He's not losing the championship, not yet, not in a triple threat. He's gonna hang on to it. Our producer is picking Ta Keshia the lone Wolf, to outlast both men and get a sneaky victory with a screwdriver. He's even calling the finish. He's saying Don Kallas is going to give him a screwdriver and that's how he's gonna win. And if he picks that, he gets two points. If you can even call the finish, you should get a bonus point. So that's here's the thing. Everyone listening, go back to our other episodes. Go listen to all the old episodes. Don't just jump in on this episode. Let me tell you last week I accused what was this week?
Speaker 4: On Monday? I accused Alex.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very accusatory.
Speaker 1: I said, Oh, Alex hangs out with Dave Meltzer. He knows all this stuff. He reads the sheets slander.
Speaker 2: You're gonna tell me this guy, Alex, our producer is gonna predict it and tell you the finishing move.
Speaker 1: This is ridiculous. He's in kuhutes. I am going to make this interesting because our producer, who is a cheater, thinks that it's gonna be uh Takashita. You think it's Will Osprey for the championship. So I'm gonna go with I'm gonna go with with Richet.
Speaker 4: And the newly in the a e W.
Speaker 1: You know, Osprey wants to put him over. He's the only reason that he's over there because Osprey personally was like, why aren't they using this guy more?
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna pick Ricochet.
Speaker 3: All right, Well you guys heard it there. That's three and we all pick someone different, so two of you will be embarrassed and only me will be feeling good. Next up is a tag team championship to Young Bucks versus Private Party. Our producer Alex picks Private Party to finally get their first championship ever. The Bucks are the EVPs. They have story no matter what. They don't necessarily need the titles, and this could be a feel good wrestling story for people that have been on the Private Party bandwagon for a while and seeing them kind of fall short time and time again. So I'm gonna agree with him based on that philosophy that this is going to be their moment and they're going to get a push and we'll see if they can if they can hold them for a while and be money on the mic and keep giving good matches and all that, and if they do, they'll get a long run. And if they can't, it's a brutal business, they will lose them quickly. That's what the Tag Team Championships are for us to see who's got it or who the promoter thinks has it and who the promoter thinks doesn't, regardless of how we feel. You bestard promoters, but I agree with our producers.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm a little embarrassed that I had to google who Private Party is.
Speaker 4: I know these guys, but I had to.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm actually glad you said that, though, because that's why I think they're gonna win. Not enough people know who they are, and the young Bucks want to change that. That's actually I love who you.
Speaker 1: Said that because now that I'm looking at him, it's the Isaiah Cassidy and Mark Queen.
Speaker 4: But like I didn't anyways, I hope that they win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy, I like those guys, and I think that it's in my notes here, so I'm not like coming up with this on my own. But I don't think that the what's what do they call young bucks? The young bucks need the belts, they don't need anything. So yeah, this will be interesting. Some new tag champs that'd be good. I'm gonna pick them as well.
Speaker 3: Then we got the ae W Women's World Championship, Mariah May versus and we record these early, you guys, so forgive us. It's either gonna be Britt Baker or Willow Nightingale who are facing off on Dynamite to see who gets to face the champ. I don't give a shit who wins because I don't think Miriam May is losing this title yet. Straight up, So y'all, can we have Alex pick Britt Baker dm D If you want and you want to go with him and lose money, go ahead. But this week I'm the one going five for five and Mariah May is getting another big time dub. What do you say, sir?
Speaker 1: I agree with you except the fact that you're gonna go five for five, But I agree with who you think is gonna win in this match. I think that This is definitely gonna be a Mariah May Winter. I think we're gonna see a lie like that. And I love her and so I'm happy that she's gonna be the champ, and I believe she'll continue to be the champ.
Speaker 3: No che to the Winter of May. I like that very much. All right. Finally, the AEW World Championship. It's the final countdown, Jeff. This could be Brian Danielson's final match against his friend is Bro from the from the Blackpool Combat Club, John Matt the Real Wear Wolf, the Real Wear we called it first. This man put a ziploc baggie over Danielson's head, tried to kill him, tried to kill him over it, idol John over a freaking title. No real werewolf would do that. Danielson tried to get some revenge and choke him out, I think with like a like a tie or you know, it was like a zip tie. No, the tie was when he went at Justin Roberts. I was there when that shit went down. That was crazy. He got suspended. They're bros now though, so it's all good. But then he got a little bit of revenge. Wheeler Judah's in on this we didn't know which way he was gonna go. Yeah, we did. He took Daniels inside, and these two dudes have beef, big time beef. This match is going to be horrible to watch now, hear me out. Not horrible is in a bad match. It's going to be a great match. It'll be whatever they give the five Star men. It'll be one of those. There's gonna be so much blood. Both these dudes a like to bleed to tell a story, and both of these dudes when they do bleed a lot, it's not like just a little cut. It's gonna be like a twenty minute flooding of blood. It's gonna look like a horror movie. It's gonna be so gross. But these dudes genuinely hate each other, and we discussed with the hell in a Cell match. I kind of accept blood a little more easily when there's a reason for it, and revenge must be taken on John Moxley. This is not the end of Brian Danielson. It just can't be yet. My emotions are taken over, and I'm picking Danielson to hold on. Even though it's his home state. Bro, it's his home state, it's his bro. Everything says John Moxley's gonna win, including our producer, but my heart won't let me do it. I'm sticking with Danielson. It's not the final countdown just yet. He's got a couple more in what do you say?
Speaker 1: I think John Moxley, God Brian Danielson have a great match. I think it's gonna be phenomenal. A lot of spots, a lot of moments, a lot of people chanting yes, yes, yeah, Brian Daniels, and everyone's gonna love it because it's his home. It was hometown tame of Washington, which is literally fifteen minutes from where I grew.
Speaker 3: Up in Kent, Washington.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. I think he's going to lose. I knew you were gonna say that tearful good bye for everyone. He gets to do it in front of his things, His wife comes out, his daughter.
Speaker 4: Because we got the whole thing. Everyone in Tacoma's gone. We love you, We love you, Brian, we love you.
Speaker 1: But it's his faithful goodbye. He wanders off into the sunset, and then here's another a little prediction for you.
Speaker 2: They'll come back in one year or two years, and we'll all say what.
Speaker 4: I cry for that. I cry for that guy. We all were there at Tacoma crying.
Speaker 1: We all were at our stupid houses going, oh, Brian, we're gonna miss you.
Speaker 4: Why are you doing this to us?
Speaker 1: Just for him to come back and have more matches and sell more tickets and then be right back us on this podcast.
Speaker 3: Gone.
Speaker 4: I think Brian wins in his big return.
Speaker 1: So just so you know, restling fans, you never have to cry over these wrestlers until they die. When they die, cry, but when they're retired, just know they're not going anywhere. They'll be in the broadcast boost, they'll do a return match, they'll be a manager for somebody, they'll be at all your wrestling hans. So I think that that's that he loses, but he'll be back in like two years.
Speaker 3: All right. Everything you just said is perfectly reasonable, logical, believable and correct and correct. Are incorrect and correct nice, But you're still not changing my mind. I'm sticking with it.
Speaker 4: See, this is what you did last week, and that's why you didn't go.
Speaker 3: That's what I was thinking about the whole time. Jeff, Are you going to be any place special this weekend? Are you gonna be home watching Wrestle Dream.
Speaker 1: This weekend, I will be in Houston, Texas, Uh, Friday and Saturday, actually Thursday, Colorado Springs. So Thursday, Colora Springs and Friday Saturday, Houston.
Speaker 4: Come see me.
Speaker 3: Are you going to get a new cowboy hat while you're out there?
Speaker 4: I got I bought a new cowboy hat in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Well, I was just in Vegas for ska Fest, which is a comedy festival, not a not a dirty thing, but it's.
Speaker 3: Called for the clarification.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people that don't know comedy, like Jeff was at a thing called skank Fest. I'm like, it's not only fans, it's a real comedy festival.
Speaker 3: That was Jeff Freddie Prinz. And this is on sanctioned Thursdays. We love you. This has been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.