Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is nick shot streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoler, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Go Dallas boy.
Speaker 2: It works. I just never did the It's amazing. I've never did right.
Speaker 3: First off, Cowboys didn't get it right first time last night, but they got it right the last time last night. And you'all gonna have to carry me. I've been yelling at the reps too long, was talking. I was yelling at the reps in the press box last night. So it's your show, Mickey Spagnoloser and Everson Wallas.
Speaker 2: I want to hear it. I want to hear all of it.
Speaker 4: All I can say is somehow, some way mission accomplished. They won their four straight games. They needed to win going into next Sunday's Philadelphia game, and it was a struggle, but they overcame somewhat themselves, somewhat. A spectacular performance by Geno Smith told you to be able to win that game down the stretch. Who would have thought three hundred and thirty four yards passing from Geno Smith.
Speaker 2: Come back player of the year. Man, Come on, he's.
Speaker 5: Going to pass the ball a lot. I just had a feeling.
Speaker 4: Against the second rank pass defense in the NFL.
Speaker 3: You do know what they did against Detroit in the second game of the season.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they went.
Speaker 3: They went to Detroit and they won thirty seven to thirty one.
Speaker 6: That's when they were trending up with right, and we called them where we thought they were trending down with That was I think they're going to do well the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: Talking about Seattle.
Speaker 3: Well, they still got San Francisco next week, and they got another tough opponent after that.
Speaker 4: There's six.
Speaker 6: Now, you can't discount Pete kill and what he did with a veteran team.
Speaker 2: It's just that's good coaching.
Speaker 4: But six and six not not far off a wild card berth right probably at this point they would be there right in the hunt, there right in the hunt, sou But yeah, I just.
Speaker 3: And their trio of receivers you can stack up against anybody in the lawyer that kid from here, Jackson Smith and Jigba Boy. You know what we do the the land Award that goes to the top high school player in North Texas every year. And the then Arlington Martin coach Bob Wager called me after Arlington Martin played rock Wall and he called me and said, I got your land that this was like the first game of the season. He said, I got your Landry Award winner he placed for rock Wall. His name, I can't pronounce his name, but he's number eleven. And now he's playing for the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had quite a day. Well, they all did, right, and.
Speaker 2: And the amazing thing turned the game to attract me.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys offense the least. It was only there was no punts.
Speaker 5: It was the got got the first time in Cowboys history neither team punted in tonight's game. It was a fifth occurrence in NFL history that no punts were recording.
Speaker 3: Fifth time.
Speaker 2: Didn't play.
Speaker 3: This goes back to before even Everson played together. Five times in the history of football, as Jimmy would put it, since my daddy said, this is what you call him football, it's only five times.
Speaker 4: Brian Anger ought to donate his money as a salvation army. He played a role, that's right. He held for four field goalsy the way, which I also think got lost in the shuffle of everybody's great performance. Well, they needed every one of those four field goals. And now it's twenty six straight to start his career.
Speaker 6: He's missed more extra points, yes, three extra points. Three that's crazy. I mean one of them was as long as an extra point. I mean, so I was a little nervous about it, but I was impressed by obviously this entire Cowboys team, even though we had our issues in the first half. I gotta say, your boy blame reminds me of myself, my rookie. Yeah, like I was running all over the place trying to catch people. Right, But he comes back second half and.
Speaker 4: He settles down, makes a play, and.
Speaker 2: Not just a play. He made several plays, but.
Speaker 4: That one, the interception was the first time. And so that was midway near the end of the third quarter. The Cowboys finally stopped him. I don't give him credit for stopping a missed field goal, right, They drove right down the field to at least tempt the field goal.
Speaker 2: Well they did, they stalled.
Speaker 6: They allowed them to stall and lost some yards right before that field goal could have had a lot to do with.
Speaker 4: What make Carrol wasn't happy that one. Boy, he came down on those officials and why Bill has lost his voice. Yeah, I told him right from the start that they had sacked Geno Smith and he threw the ball. His knee was on the grouround.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was also that was set. Yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 4: They missed it. So it's it's it's it's one thing to call nineteen penalties one hundred and twenty seven yards worth of the Cowboys and consider five got declined.
Speaker 6: All right, but in the second quarter we had what that's the majority seven seven.
Speaker 3: Gino Smith threw three touchdown passes on one possession.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right at the end of the first half.
Speaker 3: Right in the second quarter, three touchdown passes and the Cowboys touchdown pass well they were they were touchdown passes got called back.
Speaker 4: Well Dak had one called back, right, there was or two. Uh, but yeah, just don't ruin the game, but don't miss things. That was the worst part. It's one thing to call that many, but don't miss stuff. But anyway, that's what that crew does. And yeah, Pete Carroll was not happy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he made it.
Speaker 6: He made an announcement after the game that he's going to be spending his his entire off season.
Speaker 2: Addressing this issue, he.
Speaker 4: Said, it's unfortunate. It feels like there's a whole other factor in this game. I don't know, you guys saw it better than I did, but there were way too many penalties in this game from both sides, and we got to get that out of football.
Speaker 5: It was a penalty almost felt like every other play. Anytime you were looking, there was a flag on the field.
Speaker 2: How long did the game last? It had to last like long. Compare to tell you all the calls that were made.
Speaker 4: It lasted.
Speaker 3: Where's it at?
Speaker 4: Where's it at?
Speaker 2: And the penalties had to add to.
Speaker 4: The three hours and twenty five minutes for a game that started at seven fifteen.
Speaker 3: Here's like a big twelve game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no punch right, a bunch of scores.
Speaker 4: But bottom line is they figured out how to win. And you know, we sit here and we talk about Philadelphia how they pulled games out, and it's like, well, they just win. They find ways to win. Well, I saw some criticism of the Cowboys play right, and it's like, okay, fine, but they found a way to win.
Speaker 6: And the longest they feel good about that. Over there, they feel good about that. I don't care about whatever the criticism is. They know that they pulled out a game that was really one against the quarterback that was dropping dimes. Guys, it wasn't like they were making a bunch of mistakes. The past to Metcalf was.
Speaker 2: Perfect in this ride.
Speaker 4: That's why he was running so right.
Speaker 2: He threw him open.
Speaker 6: And I was upset with Donovan because you know, he got looked off. But you know, I really thought he should have made that play at least made a hit tackle. But that was one of the best passes I've seen Geno throw in his entire career. Then you put that with the one way through backside to the tight end coming across the field.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, man, you know perfect passes.
Speaker 3: It's interesting our quarterbacks get an undeserved reputation in their careers when, okay, he gets an opportunity early on in his career, well, I guess with the Jets, Yes, okay, and it did not go well, and then he becomes basically a career backup. But if you go back and look at his college career, he put when he was at West Virginia, he put up seventy on Clemson in the Orange Bowl. I mean, he's got the he's had the ability, and fortunately for him, he's now had an opportunity late in his career.
Speaker 6: He reminds me of, well, it reminds me of I try to, you know, bring it. See what kind of quarterbacks we have coming out. And I remember Jalen Hurts was struggling early on and we criticized him a lot, and all of a sudden, now we're looking at him as an MVP player. Well, I thought Gino was a better player coming out of West Virginia than he was with the Jets.
Speaker 2: That was just that.
Speaker 6: Just lets you know, coach has a lot to do with the development of a player. I don't know who his head coach was in New York. I have no idea, but when you have Pete Carroll as a coach, and he has got to be one of the better player coaches in NFL history to where he can communicate with players no matter where we are in the season or in your career. I believe in you, and I'm going to put you in the best position to win and succeed. That's as much as we I love to talk about Geno Pete Carroll has so much to do with the resurgence of his career.
Speaker 4: As Mike McCarthy said on Tuesday, was let's hear it for the old coaches. So on that touchdown, do you think those two guys thought they were going to knock each other off? Bland in Wilson.
Speaker 6: I think, first of all, I thought Bland was he was beat because that's why he grabbed. So he was already beaten. That's why he grabbed him. But it's to me, it's up to Wilson to finish that off. You might catch the path, but as a safety, you can't get caught squatting, you know. And as opposed to being in the middle, he was. He was intermediate middle. He wasn't showt or deep. He was intermediate. If you come from a position of strength, from that position, from the safety position, all you gotta do.
Speaker 2: He's gonna catch it. That's okay. Just bring him down, right, just bring him down.
Speaker 4: It looked like he flinched, like he thought he was gonna run into Bland or something. I didn't understand that. I know, well, I know, I know you know that.
Speaker 2: But that's the whole thing.
Speaker 4: You can't so I wrote down in my notes that was they had only scored three offensive touchdowns in the previous four games. Right now, it's it's that's the fourth offensive touchdown in five games? Did I know four more we're gonna follow? I thought it was an outlier.
Speaker 3: And by the way, Rex Ryan was the head coach of the Jets when league and Marty morten Wagg was the offensive coordinator, and he was a starter for two years, his first two years, and then he was the backup to Ryan Fitzpatrick after that. So that was after Todd Bowls took.
Speaker 6: Over Rex Ryan. You know, he's not, you know, very empathetic about much. So I'm sure he was. He was the best fit.
Speaker 3: Well, and it just goes to show that it's not only the coaching, but it's who you have around you. And now he's got weapons around him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But you know, we could go on and on. We could talk all day about what happened in that game last night. It was a rarity for a Thursday night to have such a good game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well that's what happened.
Speaker 6: When the Cowboys come on, well, I mean they're gonna I mean, they remedy a lot of things.
Speaker 4: As I started looking at the numbers that the Cowboys had to overcome. The Seahawks had twenty five first downs that tied San Francisco for the most this season against the Cowboys. They had four hundred and six total yards that was second most this season to San Francis Go. No quarterback had thrown for more than two hundred and sixty eight yards against the Cowboys, and this was three thirty four. Their five touchdowns were second most this year against the Cowboys. Thirty five points second most and this season high. As I mentioned, one hundred and twenty seven yards of penalties they had to overcome. So there was a lot of things including the seventy yard seventy three yard touchdown pass was the longest play against the Cowboys this season. So you just keep going on and on and on and yet over again. And yet they came back and won the game. And I think that's in this stretch of three games in twelve days, four games in nineteen days, however you want to look at it, they did what they needed to do. We won four.
Speaker 6: We talk about how you know this stretch of games, it can lead to a bit of fatigue. Yeah, remember we talked about that even mentally. Yeah, we talked about that Wednesday and this. I didn't expect that to come into play, but it did. I wanted to ignore that fact, but no, it came into play.
Speaker 4: And I guess you can say this after you won. But McCarthy pointed out, he said, during the week, I thought I had a tired team. Yeah, but they were. They were in the same boat. You know, they had to play the same and they had to travel Thursday Thursday and travel right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean cool, those of them.
Speaker 6: Sorry, they played well. And it wasn't just that we weren't playing well. It was because they were playing well. They caused a lot of their own opportunities.
Speaker 3: And how many first downs Cowboys have thirty three? I think that was ties for the second most, second most of the game in franchise history. Yeah, trailing only thirty five first downs against Cleveland in twenty twenty, I don't remember that.
Speaker 2: Did they win, right?
Speaker 4: Did they wind?
Speaker 2: Cleveland must have sucked, you.
Speaker 4: Know what that COVID year just yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That was right.
Speaker 3: You know that was a year where the offenses were just they were going off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that year, defenses didn't have a chance to catch that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so all right, we're just getting started on a victory Friday here at the Star and we're back in a moment.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: And they snapped the fresh down. Who looks right, it's not there. He escaped flappt. He'll run full a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know him in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 8: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 9: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping. There's no topping of cool PEPSI finish nachos better with PEPSI.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff, tailgates going way pairs postgame Sunday night overtimes followed my mind one morning swack brisky than the smoker, Miller Like, and the two America's team playing America's greatest school. Miller Like the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 2: Demitted shots.
Speaker 5: K Post roofing and waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys. You guys want to take a guess how many miles I did inside at d Stay yesterday?
Speaker 9: Hell?
Speaker 3: Love it? Hear it?
Speaker 2: Wait? Wait, wait, take a guess? Steps? Okay, I'll go steps first steps, ten thousand.
Speaker 5: Higher, fifteen higher, twenty seventeen thousand steps?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: What were you?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 3: What does that translate into miles?
Speaker 5: I did eight miles yesterday?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so I was there at eleven am.
Speaker 2: You cave.
Speaker 5: I'm honestly, I'm down bad today.
Speaker 2: You guys.
Speaker 4: Who were you chasing from?
Speaker 5: There's just so much going on yesterday. I had to get all my staff set up, and we just things were happening all through the day. But we had the halftime ceremony for DeMarcus Ware and so I had to get all the staff all set up for halftime. We had rehearsals. I just was running all day. But I was in one of the tunnels watching the end of the second quarter, and We're waiting to have the field cleared so I can get everyone out for halftime. And I'm standing there watching this game and I'm like, I'm exhausted.
Speaker 2: What is happening?
Speaker 3: And of course Dware and Chuck Hallie were honored at halftime and their Hall of Fame rings. Right, So I had more steps? Who had more steps yesterday? You or Doron Bland?
Speaker 6: That's a great I got another one.
Speaker 2: Ce d Lamb. Yeah, ceed Lamb was exhausted. That's what happens when you asked to be the number one target. Right, Okay, you want to fuss about being the number one target?
Speaker 6: Here we go. All right, we got you seventeen times targeted. I want you to catch everyone. We need you to catch everyone. We don't need you to.
Speaker 2: Drop fourth downs passes right there. We don't need you to. We don't need you.
Speaker 6: It's right there. I mean, we don't need you to. I want you to make that play in the end zone. Yeah what Dak's.
Speaker 4: Trying to fit it in even if there were three guys out there.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're right through his hands.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: That's what I expect from CD.
Speaker 4: When when we got into the fourth quarter and they were down, was it three five twenty eight? Is that what it was? They kicked the field goal, then they scored the touchdown and I was thinking thirty five twenty seven, Yeah, thinking of you talking about, you know, how the Cowboys get in positions in some of those losses when you got to make a play. So what was ringing in my head was Jimmy Johnson in training camp or on the sidelines of practice, or on the sideline of the game going like this, how he used to clap his hands, Who's going to make the play, Who's going to make the play. And I was sitting there going, Okay, somebody needs to make a play. So they get the fourth down stop by DeMarcus Lawrence fourth and one that gave him the possession to score the touchdown to take the lead right and Ferguson's catch to me was rather remarkable for the touchdown because I thought that guy was intercepting the ball and he had to wear with all to come back. And he beat Jamal Adams by the way.
Speaker 6: Well it was good coverage, yeah yeah, but you know he and Dak were on the same page. It was almost as it was almost like a back shoulder, yeah throw, but it was a front It was a.
Speaker 5: Front shoulder Okay, was it Ferguson and Adams? I think it was in the third quarter maybe or early in the fourth quarter. They kind of got into it a little bit, and then it at the very end of the game when he catches the touchdown. I was like that that came full circle.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got kind of started early in the game.
Speaker 3: Ferguson hurdled the man and was it digs. They came over and they made the tackle.
Speaker 2: It was when when he got hit in the face.
Speaker 6: Two guys were hanging the other as he's going down and gets hitting the face. Great hit by the by the dB and I know he was feeling it, but he got it and he's like right in his face going this way.
Speaker 2: Jerry, I loved it.
Speaker 4: Love Jerry told the story this morning. He ran into Ferguson before the game and he said, how you feeling, And he said, Ferguson goes dangerous.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: The guy right understand this. I'm not saying that Ferguson is these guys yet, Okay, yeah, but he's got the potential. Think about what think about what Kelsey does for Kansas City, think about what Kittle does for San Francisco, and not just what they do playing the game. It's yeah, and I don't know, so much about Andrews. I mean, although I watched him in college. That attitude part of it, you know, Kittle is I mean when he's on your he's on the bus going to the game, you've got an air of confidence about you, you know. Uh, and Kelsey the same way with Kandasy. Ferguson's got that same thing. That's right now.
Speaker 6: He hadn't done it yet, but and I noticed it good.
Speaker 3: I thought his rookie year in training camp, I said, who is this guy?
Speaker 2: We love him?
Speaker 3: Then? Yeah, and he showed it in pre season games there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And you know I talked about tight ends. I told ends are gonna take over the world. I mean, just look at these guys and I all love him a big and huge. It's just amazing. So you just love it when they get into the game and.
Speaker 3: They run after catching. He's just he's gonna run over. He doesn't care who's in front of it. Maybe going into the Hall of Fames one day, but I'm still over Hey.
Speaker 6: The third and sixteen that was huge. I love the way he intracts set that up. It was it was the way dak he fainted deep. He kept fainting deep, deep, deep, and everyone stayed and it was perfect because he knew he was going to go to Kelsey the entire time in the I don't know, I wouldn't call it the flat, but.
Speaker 2: As he hit them, Kelsey knew exactly what to do.
Speaker 6: He didn't catch it and turned around and like uh oh, he caught it immediately and sprinted to that first down.
Speaker 2: Who did that? Kelsey? I'm sorry, there you go? He thought it was there you go. I think it.
Speaker 4: Makes me thinking, you know, and if you think about we talked about Bland the interception, you get beat, get beat beating, but.
Speaker 2: He made a play. The second half was just it was It was big for us the entire.
Speaker 4: At the end, Michael Parsons created that fourth down in completion getting in. They only sacked him one time.
Speaker 3: DJ Dallas they sacked It was that back backwards past.
Speaker 4: It wasn't even Geno right right.
Speaker 3: It was DJ Dallas by the way.
Speaker 6: Was he got he got They got one sacked because he tripped him when when when came in.
Speaker 3: I don't think they was credited will he must have got back to the line of scrimmager.
Speaker 2: That's the one where they didn't say I only have one.
Speaker 4: You're talking about the one I pointed out.
Speaker 6: The one where he clipped him by the heel as he was trying to retreat.
Speaker 3: He got rid of the ball, He got rid of the ball.
Speaker 5: He didn't he didn't have Was it incomplete?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: They called it, well, just like the one I told you on the first drive.
Speaker 6: Now he was clearly his knee was down on his knee was down, and he tried to throw.
Speaker 2: It was too late. His knee was down. That was not a set no. Wow.
Speaker 4: They only had one sack, Wow and Micah. And they explained the play on fourth down at the fifty that they were trying to set up a screen, so they thought they could unblock Micah and get the ball out.
Speaker 2: I thought the guy just missed his block.
Speaker 4: I thought so too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was by design.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're faster.
Speaker 3: Than it was designed to leave Micah unblocked.
Speaker 2: They were gonna he noticed that he did not get blocked.
Speaker 6: The running back didn't touch him, nor did the tackle even attempt to come.
Speaker 4: They thought they'd suck him in, get him out of the way, and then.
Speaker 1: Throw the screens.
Speaker 2: It worked on bubble screens, not necessarily for parcels, but with the game on the line, don't block.
Speaker 3: We're gonna not block eleven.
Speaker 2: We're gonna watch yourself sometimes and then you know.
Speaker 3: That's not that's underestimating the speed with which Michael Parsons wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't even close.
Speaker 4: And even and even Jordan Lewis two pass breakups on those last two.
Speaker 3: But even on that, if even if if it was DJ Dallas who came across, even if he just chips Micah a little bit, that can buy Gino a half second where he can make a stagger step and then get the ball out.
Speaker 2: And he was. He was good at doing that the entire right.
Speaker 4: And they better get Tony Pollard back to working on Blitz pick up.
Speaker 2: Oh man, he cost two seconds. I saw that, bro, What is going on? See? Well? Yeah, boy?
Speaker 4: But again they overcome that stuff and won the game.
Speaker 5: So I'm hearing that. Yesterday after the halftime ceremony, before the team ran back out onto the field for the second half of that Roger Staubach was speaking to Dak, Drew Pearson talked to CD and Charles Haley talked to Mike up right before they went back and really, was.
Speaker 2: This by design?
Speaker 5: It might have been they were on the field.
Speaker 4: They were on the field, they had like a.
Speaker 2: Nice little matchups, nice little match So.
Speaker 5: They must have had a little chat by design.
Speaker 4: Come on, No, they had eight Hall of famers.
Speaker 2: No, no, But the fact that they went to the particular individ.
Speaker 5: For those guys were the same tunnel that the team.
Speaker 2: Don't put it. Okay, come on, Drew talks to CD great, come on.
Speaker 3: Talk to Hopefully.
Speaker 5: I forgot he was there yesterday the Pictures.
Speaker 3: And Illustrated sports Person. You saw that, didn't you? On the Sports Illustrated sports person of the good stuff.
Speaker 2: Good stuff.
Speaker 4: Well what about Witting. He's playing for a high school championship.
Speaker 2: On every game.
Speaker 3: He's won eight more games than then.
Speaker 2: But no one was there.
Speaker 3: We still got more another minute, if you want to get into something else before we take this last break.
Speaker 2: Pick the clicks.
Speaker 3: All right, we won.
Speaker 4: I don't think anybody won.
Speaker 2: I don't either.
Speaker 5: I don't think with the with the score Ferguson with.
Speaker 2: A touchdown, she wins again.
Speaker 6: I had two passing touchdowns, one rushing toeschdown for Deck.
Speaker 2: He would have had it, but somebody was holding back there.
Speaker 3: But he did have three touchdown bashes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was not the same and I didn't see.
Speaker 6: I know, thank you, but I'm not gonna tell you because you want me to give you Tony Pollard, and I'm gonna not going to give you score. One hundred and fifty yards and two touchdowns, I believe is what she says.
Speaker 2: He's a two touchdowns.
Speaker 6: He said to touch that I have trust, he said down in the entire text.
Speaker 3: That's why it was this long. That's why I'm horse today. I was yelling, give the ball a Pollard.
Speaker 2: It was like a drug store receipt, you know, it was that long. It was.
Speaker 4: He had like one hundred and thirty eight total yards too, I think I did. I thought that's what part.
Speaker 3: Of the well that was because every other running back just had that. Yeah, here lately.
Speaker 2: And Sam Williams was nowhere close to getting one.
Speaker 4: Got an assisted tackle.
Speaker 2: You had multi sacks, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 3: So what did we have?
Speaker 2: Scoreise, you had forty thirteen? What what does that mean?
Speaker 6: Forty You didn't go over, you didn't go over, you did not go over the points? Yeah, yeah, I was with thirty three. I get to the score. But d you had them at thirteen. Dude was not even close well, I had them at fourteen, which wasn't close. You guys were horrible. Y'all thought it was gonna be, you know, lower scoring. But was it twenty seven? Twenty seven thirteen? It's like that that yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. But the Ferguson touchdown thirteen, and that was huge because that was believe the last.
Speaker 3: We're gonna all vote that.
Speaker 4: Let anybody get the podcast. Nobody get the boy roll, Let's go.
Speaker 2: No one got what was.
Speaker 4: First receiving touchdown, first receiving touchdown, which would be medcalf.
Speaker 2: No one picked metal.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought it.
Speaker 4: I thought cowboys, cowboys.
Speaker 2: No, that's not what it said. That said either team, I'm with you, with.
Speaker 3: You, okay, all right, We've got much more to get to and mixed shots congenues in a moment.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going waypast postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swacker, Brisket and the Smoker. Miller Lyte and the Cook, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly, twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: As they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped left. He'll look full first out.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, selling trade crypto currency.
Speaker 4: Prescot's gonna run this sh in show.
Speaker 3: Run it up the middle.
Speaker 7: Any scores, whether you're new to crypto or an active trader. They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 1: Dem shots.
Speaker 5: Get a frameworthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star presented by Monument Realty. Santa Claus will be at his Cowboys themed cottage in the Star District from November seventeenth through December twenty fourth.
Speaker 4: Book your it before.
Speaker 5: December ninth and saved five dollars with the code star five. Visit the Stardistrict dot com slash Sanna for more info.
Speaker 6: Very good, Savannah, This just goes along with everything that's happening today. We are all successful.
Speaker 4: Yes, we are, and we're hoping Brad Sham successful today too. By the way, he missed the game. He was on his way to the game and felt ill faint and ended up going to the hospital. They kept him overnight. Kylie Omens gets a safe because they rushed him up into the broadcast booth to do the play by play with no preparation.
Speaker 2: By the way, wow, so what more do we need?
Speaker 4: So, I think Brad I text him. I hadn't heard back from him yet, but he's been just feeling weak. So hopefully they got to the bottom of what was causing it.
Speaker 2: I talked to him last week a lunch I didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and so yeah, he hadn't really missed. I think he missed.
Speaker 3: He missed one game and then.
Speaker 4: A couple for Jewish holidays. Yeah, but that's it since seventy six. So hopefully he's doing well. Man Bradley, Yeah need him in the.
Speaker 2: Booth with all his energy around here.
Speaker 3: And especially with Philadelphia coming to.
Speaker 2: Task, right, Yeah, we need it all you.
Speaker 3: Uh, you'll watch some football on Sunday.
Speaker 4: I think so I might even take notes.
Speaker 6: I know dak Is Dak said he's taking notes. That's going to be his prep time for the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Mike McCarthy said the same thing. He's you know, I think they can they can gather a lot from watching the game on television. You know, obviously they look at coaches film and so for they but there's there's also stuff that you can learn just from from watching the game on television, the actual real time speed of the game and hurry up stuff and things like that.
Speaker 2: Do you watch the what do you call it when they cut it up?
Speaker 3: They're all twenty two?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all twenty times you watched that some yep, five time? Is Michael Gallup open?
Speaker 3: I haven't. I haven't looked to see that.
Speaker 6: I just you know, this is something that's interesting developing. That is just you know, if you look at the big picture. The first thing I say is we gave up a Maari Cooper for this. Second thing I would say is, well, Michael Gallup had injured. The injury itself was devastating, so it has affected his play. But do we as an offense have confidence in him? He was targeted once.
Speaker 2: Once and they held the guy held him.
Speaker 3: And there were a couple of a couple of games in a row. First play of the game they went to it just to get him going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they targeted turping more than gallop.
Speaker 6: This is two drops and yeah, I'm just man, it's just I'm feeling for this guy. But I'm also thinking about, you know, what are the cowboys trying to do?
Speaker 2: What are they going to do? What is the thought process?
Speaker 6: And you know how much does McCarthy versus Dak have to do with this? Does Dak and I feel comfortable throwing to him?
Speaker 2: Is he not open?
Speaker 6: I'm just trying to figure this out because not just that we gave up Cooper for him, forget that.
Speaker 2: How is he doing? Is he playing well? Does he feel well?
Speaker 4: You know, well they've been using Tobert, they've been kind of splitting that third.
Speaker 2: All of that does not bode well for a guy.
Speaker 6: I know, you know, because now I'm splitting I'm getting those targets for the last three games, I may have gotten three targets. It's just something that it bothers me in regards to I want to see him do well because we talk about it at the Q and A before he got injured. I've never seen guy make athletic plays the way he did before he got injured.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always think about it. I think it was the Giants king.
Speaker 6: Somehow he almost did a freaking seemed like a cartwheel, you know, and stayed in bounds and still scored.
Speaker 2: That's the Michael Gallup.
Speaker 6: I know that's not the same guy because of the injury, but right now they're not allowing us to see a shell of that.
Speaker 3: So total snaps in last night's gin I was to go ahead. Cowboys on offense had eighty nine snaps, which is a lot. CD was on the field for eighty two snaps. Brandon Cook's eighty snaps, Michael Gallup forty one, so he had half the number that Lamb had. Tolbert had thirty two snaps. So Gallup had forty one snaps, Tolbert thirty two snaps, and Turpen thirteen.
Speaker 6: And there are times when we have broken plays, which works out well for us because Dak and his receivers are on the same page in regard to that, because not always what's scripted. We seem to be improvising a lot better now, which has a lot to do with our success. But part of that improvisation, I don't see Gallup as you know, that guy that's opened, that guy that shows himself when Dak's on the run, and I'm just really concerned about this because man, this is a talented guy and we're playing painting him a lot of money.
Speaker 5: It is concerning, but also the fact that we're thirteen weeks into the season. He's had I think one touchdown this season.
Speaker 2: So I don't know how many capacities he has.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's a lot.
Speaker 4: But well, one thing is when you throw forty one passes and seventeen targets.
Speaker 2: To one guy, yeah.
Speaker 4: Much left for everybody else. So when you get the opportunity, you better catcht.
Speaker 2: To catch it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But then that he's once again, he's still not getting that many opportunities. It's just, man, I'm feeling for the guy because he's a good guy, he really is, and he had he brought a lot to this team.
Speaker 2: Before his injury. I'm just hoping it can just bring a lot more. So what do you think.
Speaker 4: The Eagles are thinking after watching that game?
Speaker 6: Something that they already knew that this team has a hell of an offense. That's that's what they can see. They already they've been victim of it, victim to it themselves. You know, we know how to pass the ball. I said, I've said it for the last two or three weeks. If you can't keep up with our passing game, then you're not gonna win the game. Because that right now is how we're riding on that, and we're doing a damn good job of riding on it. It's been extremely consistent for two interceptions the last few games. You know, that's something that we hadn't seen around here in a long time.
Speaker 3: And by the way the Eagles have been paying attention, you can tell by the moves they made, and in the middle of the season picking up Bradley Roby and Kevin Bayard in their secondary they could they could see what's building here.
Speaker 4: Buy Art can get beat.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we know where he which, by the way, make a difference. I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I kind of checked around on the Shaq Leonard deal. Yeah, and UH was told that he was indicating that he would make a decision on Sunday where he's going.
Speaker 3: To the Philadelphia San Francisco.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's because he saw I think last night both well for us, right, you know, if you want to be part of this, that's something. If I'm Lendard, I just visited you guys, and then we just had this amazing game prime time. You know, I'm thinking, man, the excitement here, you know, the energy level here is something that could influence him to come this way.
Speaker 3: But there and there is there a need here.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would.
Speaker 6: Say, so, well, why was that.
Speaker 2: Just turn around?
Speaker 4: But why do you got a linebackerund that's.
Speaker 2: What that happens.
Speaker 6: We had they had Warner chasing of chasing. Yeah, Wagner chasing turpind against the Fordy nine and Cowboy.
Speaker 3: That's called scheming.
Speaker 2: Well, but if he turns around, then we're looking at him, you know.
Speaker 3: And Jack Leonard and his reputation, he's one of the best coverage linebackers when he's healthy.
Speaker 2: But just turn around.
Speaker 4: Reputation is much better than production right now, I'm told, and that they're looking at it as depth for sure, and then see where it leads. How he fits into this defense. Because he's a weak side linebacker and he's not really big. He's tall, and his physical was good enough for the rest of the year. I don't think there's a long If he's looking for something long term, then it's probably not happening here, depending on it.
Speaker 6: If he turns then we're talking the whole different story. Yeah, just turn around so we'll see the ball hit him in the back. We'll see what happens with Leonard.
Speaker 5: So what do we think is going to happen Sunday San fran versus Philly? What's right now? San fran is favored.
Speaker 3: I can't believe that.
Speaker 5: Its San France favored. They've won three of their last.
Speaker 3: Games, and I think San Francisco actually has the better team. But playing at Philadelphia, I'm surprised that the Niners are favored.
Speaker 6: I think it's because Philly has been struggling to win. You know, great wins shows team worked like we show and.
Speaker 3: The more you win, the closer yard of losing.
Speaker 4: This well, you know, that was one of the points I was going to make and I forgot about it. Winning four straight in the NFL is not easy. You know, You've got to overcome whoever you're playing, who knows, who knows, if there's weather, you know, who knows if yeah, yourself, penalties, how the game's called. There's so many factors in trying to win four straight. And the cowboy, I don't care who you're playing. They won four straight and they need to win four straight. Now win win, because Philadelphia after San Francisco and the Cowboys, then the rest kind of lightens up.
Speaker 3: Here's the other thing to ponder on this, San Francisco Philadelphia. All right, San Francisco wins, and they've got the same record as the Cowboys at nine and three, correct, And I haven't looked at their I should have looked at their schedule before I started down this road. But if you're trying to get home field advantage throughout the playoffs, okay, obviously you want to catch you got to catch Philadelphia in your own division, but there's also San Francisco out there.
Speaker 4: Which has a and so tiebreaker on you head.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, So you have to finish ahead of them. So so you.
Speaker 4: Had your opportunity and you.
Speaker 2: But going forward.
Speaker 3: But the point is going forward, there's a premium on winning not just the Philadelphia game, but other games too, because if you want to avoid going to San Francisco.
Speaker 2: But I look at it, they look easy. It looks easy for them.
Speaker 6: If what do they have, Like I'm looking at Cardinals, okay, and Commanders.
Speaker 3: You know, teams can go into Phoenix and lose.
Speaker 4: The Ravens the rat the Ravens.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's December Christmas Day.
Speaker 4: And then what about the Eagles after the Cowboys?
Speaker 5: After oh for us.
Speaker 4: For the Eagles might have the Giants twice. Did I see that?
Speaker 3: I think they may. Yes, they're on a roll. The Giants are that's right.
Speaker 5: Yes, Eagles have us. Then they have Seattle Giants that is in Philly, and then they go to Arizona, and then they play the Giants.
Speaker 6: Again, and the Ravens back to the Niners. The Ravens come to San Fray. The Ravens, okay, in San Francis.
Speaker 4: That's going to be the farthest they've got the game. You know.
Speaker 3: The way I look at it is, if you've got a team that can win the Super Bowl, you can go win someplace else till we.
Speaker 2: Talk about that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm not afraid, not afraid to travel with this at all.
Speaker 3: Yep. The key is just keep playing well and get more than any and actually actually keep getting better is the key to it.
Speaker 4: And don't let your quarterback get sacked four times. Man, three games in a row no sacks, and they get four in this game.
Speaker 3: All right, looks like that shot glock got us again.
Speaker 4: Didn't we just get sacked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have a party party mix shot.
Speaker 4: Just win baby, all right, and have a great weekend and we will chat at you again on Monday at noon.
Speaker 2: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.