Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Walmart is testing new technology that allows workers to remotely unlock anti shoplifting displays, while CBS is just giving every customer a brick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting that that's such a universal You can make a joke nationally about that.
Speaker 2: Welcome, how y'all doing so? And yes and yes sorry.
Speaker 4: The perception one would come to from most media is that only lying right wingers are claiming crime is going up, and just now, as you said, as you said last hour about some other topic. Apparently people saw through all that based on the results of the election. Every once in a while, an argument seems to be one in the world of politics or lost, depending on which side of it you were on.
Speaker 2: Not a lot most elections.
Speaker 1: We seem to just go back and forth between an R or D and we keep having the same arguments.
Speaker 2: But every once in a while argument is one or lost.
Speaker 1: One of the best examples in my lifetime being gay marriage. So thoroughly drubbed by the idea of gay marriage, Republicans just ceased fighting it at all when it became clear that the country had decided that that's what they want, and so that then that argument was over and it just doesn't exist anymore. And I'm hoping that maybe that has happened, or we're close to it happening with the whole identity politics thing that took off in the mid nineties and has been running this country for a long time. And maybe maybe because there's a lot of people on the left saying this is not working for us, starting with well, not starting with a whole bunch of different people.
Speaker 2: Well, this isn't it.
Speaker 1: James Carvil's he ran Clinton's campaign, really pre identity politics taking hold of the Democratic Party way back in the early nineties. But this is what James Carvill has to say about the current state of things.
Speaker 5: With reference to exotic positions which our identity politics. If you read to Arkle in your Times, I said, I give Harris credit, she does not bring this up. But this stuff is like smoke on your clothes. I was fireplace. You can't wash it off. And those ideas, well, it's true, they never said it. You know how many millions of dollars that the Republicans ran on anti identity politics positions that people had taken in a Democratic party in twenty nineteen. In twenty twenty to hancy has a lot because you're see it politics the other side play, and you've got to understand that it is going to take another four years before we wash the stitch of this off of our clothes.
Speaker 1: At least, So identity to politics being your politics are all about your immutable things, like your skin color, whether your man or woman, what you know, your hispanic or white or black or all those kind of things are identity.
Speaker 4: Justics your politics, but your place in the world. Are you a good person or a bad person? Can you work here or not? That's all about your immutable characteristics.
Speaker 1: Sam Harris, who is a lefty, super smart guy, best known, I guess for being an outspoken atheist. But anyway, he wrote in sub stack yesterday, I think there are some lessons that the Democrats really must absorb for what is undeniably a total political defeat. They simply must recognize that several planks of their platform are thoroughly rotten.
Speaker 2: Identity politics is over. No one wants it.
Speaker 1: Latinos and blacks don't even want it, as witnessed by the fact that they moved to Trump record numbers. Trump got a majority of Latino men nationwide, and some counties got a majority of Latino men and women, even with all that he has said about immigrants from Latin America over the years, things like they're poisoning the blood of our people. A comedian called Puerto Rico a pilot garbage at a Trump rally, and the entire Democratic machine, all of the liberal media seized upon it as though a nuclear bomb had just vaporized in an American city and nobody cared because it was practically the closing argument of the campaign, right that that will be looked back on him as a mistake. Puerto Rican voters moved strongly toward Trump in a number of different strongholds because in Florida, because the point is, and then I'll get back to this Sam Harris thing is, they cared more about what my rent is, what my wages are, how good my school is for my kid, rather than comments about my skin color, race.
Speaker 4: Gender, whatever, what particular Caribbean island I'm from.
Speaker 1: Right, there's one species of identity politics that had an enormous effect on this election, and most Democrats don't seem to realize it. Around half a percent of American adults identify as transgender or non binary. That's one in two hundred people, and yet the activism around the identity has drained our politics for as long as Trump has been in politics. One lesson that I would be quick to draw from this election is that Americans aren't really fond of seeing biological men punch women in the face of the Olympics. And if that sounds like transphobia to you, you're the problem. Political equality, which should we should want for everyone, does not mean that trans women are women. When Sam Harris is writing that, I gotta believe that that issue is done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta believe.
Speaker 4: There are people like Sam and the many many others who are coming out of the woodwork Bill Maher among others that have been on the left and have hesitated at least somewhat to criticize the excesses of their ideological brothers and sisters. But they've been chafing because they know how insane it is, you know. To get back to Carville's point real quickly, he talked about the Democrats didn't really run on identity politics.
Speaker 2: Exactly. They kind of off pedaled it. I would suggest.
Speaker 4: That the Republicans weren't running against what the Democrats were running on. The Republicans were running against what the Democrats have done. What people see in their elementary schools and their kids' sports, and the college campuses, and the insanity and they or whatever in your workplace, in the training you have to take every year, oh my god, the humiliating DEI training. Folks, trust me when I say, with some exceptions, the momentum is on your side.
Speaker 2: Don't consent to that, because it's still.
Speaker 4: Going on in some corporations, government offices where you have to sit there and listen to somebody who's getting five thousand dollars an hour tell you all white people are evil, get up and walk out of that s Anyway, and I've been wanting to get to this. I came across an article and it was in the Wall Street Journal, which, granted, if you're employing lots and lots of journalists, you have lots and lots of lefties. It's just inevitable, even if you're the Wall Street Journal. And it's and it's an article about you know, and politics and quote unquote transgender rights, which means a guy can play in women's sports, or a male rapist can go into a women's prison and rape some more women, and that's portrayed as transgender rights. That's a prejudicial term. Nobody has a right to do that.
Speaker 1: As sam Aris said, Americans aren't fond of seeing biological men punch women in the face at the Olympics, either spike volleyballs into their face or what have you, or win eight hundred and fifty and counting different medals and awards and college championships and high school championships and the rest of it. It's I tell you what, folks, it is, for better or worse, an unbelievable example of how a very small but vicious group of people can twist society in ways that you wouldn't think were possible. Well, I was listening to the National Review podcasts the other day. They're making the point that the the same crowd that managed to turn the tide on gay marriage took a hold of this and thought they could do it again. I mean, because gay marriage was incredibly unpopular not that long ago. I always point out that in the two thousand and eight election, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party running against each other, both stated what marriage should be between a man and a woman.
Speaker 2: That's not that long ago.
Speaker 1: In the Democratic Party, the great Barack Obama was against gay marriage, but the tide turned by pushing because there was it.
Speaker 2: You know, it was the right side of history.
Speaker 1: I mean it turned out, I think we all agree now on all but most people agree that makes sense. And they thought they could do the same thing with the trans thing. No, you can't, This is nuts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it professional like you know, anything goes sexually. Activists were part of it, but also the postmodern neo Marxist movement excuse me, got ahead of it or got a hold of it and decided that they could use that energy to overthrow Western civilization in the same way that you know, Lives Matter is trying to and the rest of it.
Speaker 2: So that, yeah, they tried to seize that.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of that sort of mission creep in nonprofits like the NAACP. They've won all their victories. I mean, what else do you want? The Southern Poverty Law Center, they want all their victories. But they got a staff and they got lots of people making lots of money. So they kind of morphed into the yeah, we're anti hate, and then we.
Speaker 2: Raised tons of money.
Speaker 4: And by the way, we're gonna identify like half of America as a hate group no matter what they stand for. And so they just what are they now? They're a weird mutated beast to what they used to be. And the quote unquote gay rights movement, which used to be LGB lesbians, gays, bisexual people, which is a very small number of people. But anyway, you know, I ought to be able to do what I want to do and marry who I want to marry. Okay, great, And then they added the T and oh oh, And that was the point I wanted to get to in the Wall Street Journal article, is they used quotes around certain phrases that I believed in, and I wish I hadn't in front of me.
Speaker 2: I'll find it. But they didn't use quotes.
Speaker 4: Around transgender, including talking about transgender kids. And I wish I could remember what perfectly reasonable thing they used quotes around. But we now accept that there is such a thing as a twelve year old girl being quote unquote transgender.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Is there an agreed upon meaning of that or is that an activist's effort to prejudice the argument, and therefore Wall Street Journal ought to be in quotes. There's no agreed upon meaning of that term at all. I'll find that so I can make the contrast all the more clear for you. But the war for the language tell you what. We got to fight it every single day and be aware of when we are duped into using their terminology. Here's something we can all agree on. Warrior Foundation Freedom Station supporting our troops are warriors who are transitioning from active duty to civilian life, many of them injured, suffering PTSD, traumatic brain injury, that sort of thing. We've been working with Warrior Foundation Freedom Station for years and they are celebrating their twenty year anniversary supporting our warriors, and we're helping them raise money.
Speaker 1: Yep, and flying them home for the holidays. We've done this many years in a row. We urge you to donate tomorrow as the day to help fly ill and injured Marine soldiers and sailors home for the holidays. Everyone deserves to spend the holidays with their loved ones, especially to men and women who have so bravely sacrificed for our country. It takes some money to get people on a plane and fly them there, though, that's what.
Speaker 2: We're asking for.
Speaker 4: We've seen firsthand the huge impact Warrior Foundation is made in the lives of our warriors. They are continually unbelievably efficient with your donated dollars, but they depend on your continued support. So make a donation this week Warrior Foundation dot org. That's Warrior Foundation dot org. Let's send our warriors home for the holidays. Warrior Foundation.
Speaker 1: I just saw up in the Business Channel twenty three and me is laying off a bunch of people. Not enough people spitting in tubes anymore. Got everybody that wants to spit in the tube, or it turns out once you're spit in the tube, you're uh. The fund's kind of gone out of it because so they have like no repeat business. How would you, oh, right, exactly, you get me as a client one time. I've done it once. It's not a yeah, you're right right? I wonder am I still a white fella? I better spit in the tube again. No, nobody said that was my great great grandmother. Still kind of really not that interesting. Just a person's one hundred years ago.
Speaker 4: Sixteen generations ago there was a Spaniard in the family.
Speaker 2: I'll be damn yeah, oh here it is. That's right.
Speaker 4: Uh. The article was how Trump is gearing up for assault on wokeness with the education overhaul, which I do want to talk about, but it uses it continually puts votes around the term woke. But then transgender, including talking about little.
Speaker 2: Kids, is not in quotes. Why is that? Wall Street Journal strikes me as odd? Why as a word? Smith? Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: So CNN's laying off a ton of people today because their ratings have gone down so much. That's happening with media all across the country a bunch of different ways. Maybe we'll touch on that since we are in the media and a bunch of other things.
Speaker 2: Stay with US.
Speaker 3: Officials to South Carolina and now as they've captured twenty five of the forty three monkeys that escape from a lab, which is a very positive way to say we lost eighteen monkeys.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. Good point.
Speaker 4: On the other hand, South Carolina, which is growing rapidly, huge tourism industry, you got monkeys in the trees. I've been to Costa Rica. People spend lots of time looking at the monkeys and washing them, chatter and taking pictures and stuff.
Speaker 2: Monkeys is just what South Carolina. The dads.
Speaker 1: Hanson, our executive producer's, got a couple of kids like me at home, and we were just discussing how the uh, it's not always enjoyable to have the mirror around the mirror that is your children. I mean, sometimes it is when you see them the mirror image of some of your good traits. But when you see the mirror image of some of your bad traits, you think, oh crap. Either genetically I passed that along to you, or my behavior has passed that along to you one or the other.
Speaker 2: One of the most painful and.
Speaker 4: Valuable experiences of my entire life, no doubt, seeing that mirror, yeah.
Speaker 1: And yeah, And then you do wonder is this was this a genetic thing? Or is my behavior, you know, my living with me done this. I don't know, and nobody really knows. But on all of this, but on this particular one, I got to relive the experience of trying to help him last night, of trying to get your big giant high school english paper done that you've known about for weeks but really didn't start until yesterday and.
Speaker 2: Is due today.
Speaker 1: And I mean, that's got to be a genetic thing, because he hasn't seen me try to get a high school term paper done.
Speaker 2: But it's just amazing. It was just amazing. It was like sitting with young me last night. It was just hilarious. Yes, Katie, I used to do that, and when I would do that. Now as an adult, I have nightmares. Yeah, oh yeah I have.
Speaker 1: And unfortunately, apparently I had said to him at some point when he was younger, I shouldn't have said this out loud. It was that I've been this way my whole life, and it's I've just accepted that it's never going to change. So he's already just embraced the idea that the way he is and he.
Speaker 2: Can't change, which might be true actually, But.
Speaker 1: For instance, he had to record this speech that he's supposed to do on his computer and I said, well, how are you going to do that? He said, well, recorded on the computer, I know, but specifically, how like, is there an app or is there something I don't know all figured out? So you haven't looked into it yet, you don't know how you're going to regard the speech on the computer, so then we had to google that. And you use your quick time player and your QuickTime player is not updated because you haven't updated your software, and we need to update the software. Oh, it's one of the big software updates. It takes like an hour and a half. It's something on your commit Oh, these I said, you see, these are the things that multiply when you wait to the last minute.
Speaker 4: But who am I talking to him or me? Yeah, I hate to admit that I had that same tendency growing up. It sickens me to even think about it. On the other hand, and Sam, if you're listening now, it would be a good time to turn off the rate. Old Uncle Joe is going to say something completely irrelevant in a waste of your time. That would be It made me very good at churning out rough drafts of high quality, which I do for a living.
Speaker 1: Now, right, there's some I mean, I'm really trying to spin this. It's like the talking about the monkeys you found is the post of the monkeys that are still out there? Really spinning the facts of this case. But there's some advantage to having a skill set of you know, shoestering catches and flying by the seat of your pants, because sometimes life throws you those situations.
Speaker 2: We need a solution, We need a solution. I'm thinking, Okay, give me a second, give me a second. This is why, because that's been my entire life.
Speaker 4: Not I'm going to need several weeks at several drafts not to mention footnotes. I mean, I absolutely respect those folks. Oh my god, I'm jealous. I'm so jealousy of you folks. On the other hand, takes all kinds.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, your life looks so much easier than mine. The way you do it, where you worked on your paper a little bit at a time and got it done this past weekend. That looks much more enjoyable than no way I did it.
Speaker 4: Some people have the old seat of the pants gene, a little old I got ten minutes. I can probably figure it out. Oh my god, it was some to relive. Oh, I'm telling you, I sympathize some.
Speaker 1: Of Trump's appointments, getting a lot of attention. Happy with the think all of them. Really a lot more stuff on the way. I hope you can stay with us, Armstrong and getty. Yo yo yo. I got some more information about what my Friday Night's going to be watching Mike Tyson kick Jake Paul's ass on Netflix. But more on that coming up in a little bit.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned.
Speaker 4: Wow, Wow, that sounds like a wager waiting to happen. M He says, Tyson's still a beast, but he's an older man.
Speaker 2: I have more to say on that, but coming up.
Speaker 4: All right, Fine, So a strange bedfellow's department here, Exxon is saying Trump should keep the US in the Paris Climate Pact.
Speaker 2: I saw that. That's surprising to me.
Speaker 4: The CEO of Exxon Mobile, Darren Woods, says it's a bad idea to pull out of the pat He said, the stops and starts right now. That's not good for the business. It's extremely inefficient. It creates a lot of uncertainty.
Speaker 1: How about we are certain and that we withdraw and stay out. That's certainty.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, I would agree. Woods is currently and Azerbaijan, of all places, where he's set to rub elbows with world leaders at the annual United Nations Climate Conference. Well, you got the combination of the steadiness and the complete sincerity of the United Nations with the whole climate change thing. There's no way that ends up in just a enormous load of bull crap.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about this story, but is it possible that it just makes his life easier to be in favor of the parent CLIMAC Accords while continuing to do what they do as the exon oil company.
Speaker 2: I was just yes, Yes.
Speaker 4: The US oil major company has recently expanded to outreach to government officials, touting its carbon cutting investments in advising them to pursue global carbon accounting measures. It's also engaged more frequently some officials critical of the oil industry's contributions to the greenhouse gast missions blah blah blah. So they obviously are trying to position themselves as part.
Speaker 2: Of the solution. Right.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, I don't mean to get off track, but this will get us off track. But I think about the climate change thing, you know how some people say it's like a religion, and then the same thing around the trans thing, and then there's a couple of other issues. Cause we're gonna play audio coming up later. Maybe you've seen this already on CNN. It's somebody melting down on CNN the other day when somebody commented that men shouldn't be in women's sports, and then they had misgendered someone in this guest on there just like lost their s over the idea of somebody being transphobic or whatever. I mean, just like you could tell how upset they were over just having the conversation. And it reminded me of the Greta Funberg climate change stuff that we played.
Speaker 2: You've stoned my childhood and all that sort of.
Speaker 1: So dad the all these different things, but they get so crazed about them. I mean, they can't even have normal conversations about them.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 1: It's like you've attacked them or you're burning down their house or something. They get so wild about it. And what is going on there psychologically? Is it like a religion? I mean like you're just getting attacking their very essence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've removed family and religion from most people's lives, and so they they and it's a human need. It's not like our need for transcendence into higher power only happens when we discover religion.
Speaker 2: It's in there. It's like your need.
Speaker 4: For a family and close ties and human beings that doesn't develop when you meet someone special. It was there already and So these people who've spit on religion and family, they have this this burning, burning need to be utterly loyal to something.
Speaker 2: Right, and it's their ideology.
Speaker 1: And I was just thinking as you were saying that, So you when you are a parent and you are in a family, Uh, your overwhelming thing is protecting that. I got to protect that financially, you know, physically from crime, just an all disease. Always my job is to protect the family. Well, if you don't have that, you got to protect the climate or trans people, or you got to get to come up with something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, interesting bedfellows here. Bill mcgern, who wrote writes mostly for The Wall Street Journal, wrote a piece recently entitled the Democrats Religion, and Matt Tayebee weighed in with a great piece a couple of days ago entitled ding Dong The cult is Dead. And Tayebe's a man of the left without question. So back to that theme maybe next hour when you have when we have some more time, because I find it really interesting. I mean, never mind on a republic's good Democrats bad level, just you know, sociologically, trying to understand the human beast, I think is a really interesting topic.
Speaker 2: Anyway, We'll get to that.
Speaker 4: But the other half of the climate stuff I wanted to talk about. So you got the guy from Exan that the CEO of Exan is there. So's the blank and Taliban friends. Wo representatives of the Taliban terrorist organization ruling Afghanistan landed in Baku, Iserbaijan Monday to attend the COP twenty nine, the annual U N waste of money sorry climate alarmist summit. Excuse me, uh climate policy meeting where environmentalists are agitating to secure up to one trillion dollars in climate finance.
Speaker 2: Why is the Taliban there?
Speaker 1: Taliban the other day past their latest qu were crazy law where women are not allowed to be heard speaking in public, their voices are not allowed to be heard.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm so tempted to make a really sexist joke, but I'm not going to because the Taliban is reprehensible.
Speaker 2: Place you can sign up for that. No, no, no, no, indeed yes sir oh da. Oh that reminds me.
Speaker 4: Here's another story you will never ever hear from the mainstream media. A bunch of videos have surfaced of Hamas torturing Palestinians. We're either suspected of being soft on Israel or collaborating or not sufficiently vamented our or whatever. I mean awful, awful tortures. So but again that's not that interesting a story according to the lamestream media. Back to the Taliban, they're the official representatives of the government of Afghanistan, so they will be there recognized by the UN as the uncontested government authority of Afghanistan, shall be angling for zillions of dollars in the finance, you know, climate finance.
Speaker 2: And then right, there's why the UN can't work.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're going to treat all countries are legitimate, we shouldn't judge different You're not going to judge a country who's ruled by people who doesn't allow women to be heard speaking.
Speaker 2: Their voices should not be heard in public.
Speaker 1: Your punishment could be being tortured or killed in a brutal way. If you're heard speaking as a female, you're just going to a step. There are different ways to run a country. Everybody gets to be part of the UN, the global community.
Speaker 2: That is such crap.
Speaker 4: Now they haven't been officially recognized as the government of Afghanistan, but they are being allowed to participate as quote unquote observers. The Taliban had previously attempted repeatedly to intend to other events but didn't get invitations, but Iserbaijan was fine with that.
Speaker 1: And you crazy people believe the Taliban is concerned about climate change, You've led yourself to believe that.
Speaker 4: Wow, Well they have the National Environmental Protection Agency an EPA run by ziin a lubit of abide quota to saying climate change is a humanitarian subject. The Taliban all about humanitarians.
Speaker 1: Because they're not dumb, and they realize there's money swashing around and we're going to get some of it by claiming to pretend to care about this. That's so crazy, right, right, Well, they have perceived because you have to remember the Taliban guys are ideologically completely nuts, but a lot of them are very very bright. Yeah, I mean they outlasted, nowt smarted the greatest superpower on earth for reasons we've litigated many, many times. But they're not idiots, and they realize, hey, if we like, you know, keep torturing gay people and killing them and beating women if they dare speak a word, and and you know, all of the rest of our unspeakable activities but we start yelling about climate change and how we're on board the left, and a lot of Western countries are going to say these are good guys.
Speaker 2: Right, Wow, that is.
Speaker 4: I could read to you some of the quotes, but here's a Taliban Foreign Ministry spokesman. We believe the world has a unique opportunity of reproachmentt and coming together to tackle the challenges not only facing us, but the entirety of humanity. And these challenges range from world security and climate change, and they need the collective efforts of all.
Speaker 2: So anyway, Wow, that's just that's just cute.
Speaker 4: Speaking of hazardous substances, have you heard about the big butter recall.
Speaker 2: No, but now you're recalling eighty pounds of cost Co butter.
Speaker 4: Woe of my favorite foods because the label didn't say contains milk.
Speaker 2: I hope my butter contains milk. It did better if it doesn't, otherwise it's not butter. Feel like it's mislabeled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, butter is what did in my gallbladder. That's how I ended up having an organ quit on me too much butter that night. Yeah, some sort of butter overtose. Oh yeah, I had a whole bunch of mashed potatoes and I just buttered the heck out of them.
Speaker 2: Guy, that was delicious.
Speaker 1: But I woke up in the middle of the night's screaming and ended up on morphine with my gallbladder being removed.
Speaker 4: I'm somewhat skeptical, though I am not a gallbladder expert, that you could in one night diffeat out.
Speaker 2: Your gall bladder. No, no, it was.
Speaker 1: As the doctor said, they'd never seen an angry gallbladder. I had been abusing it for quite some time, and it finally said if you don't care, I don't care, and it quit. So the USFDA has ordered the recall nearly eighty thousand pounds of butter produced in Texas for Costco because it doesn't say contains milk. They reported that the FDA is a class to recall on November seventh for a Kirkland signature of sweet cream butter, salted and done salted. The FDA claims the butter package lists cream as an ingredient but does not bear the contains milk allergy statement. Several critics pointed out that that's about the dumbest possible reason for recalling butter, since that's what butter is. Another said this illustrated the quote stupidity that Elon Musk talks about. Yeah, they hope, see, they hope he can get that under control.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: I do want to talk about that more later. The doge thing, Department of Government. What efficiency that Elon and Ramaswami are going to run and man, there's a fertile ground out there, no doubt about it. Oh yeah, sporting event Friday night that I'm really looking forward to tell you about it coming up, Yo, yo yo, Welcome to the Armstrong and Getty Show. We're going to talk about the odd sporting event on Netflix tomorrow night. Mike Tyson versus a YouTube star a little bit later, and.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Idiocracy, Man, idiocracy You got an old guy fighting a young guy for money. I like it. I like to feel of.
Speaker 4: Its perfect for our post about politic world speaking of brain injury. A couple of stories, one much more relevant than the other. Oh you know what I left out the best part of the butter recall. The EPA has issued suggestions on how to dispose of it. How about on toast? How about I put it on a nice warm biscuit. Just thinking out loud in my mac and cheese. I can come up with many ways to dispose of my butter. Lord, this is our federal government.
Speaker 2: This is why we need the vacant and elon.
Speaker 1: How much tax money went into just the employees that came up with the butter recall and the guidelines. Probably somebody worked all day, every day for days coming up with the guidelines on how to dispose of your butter from Costco.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, it's probably an entire department working for for weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But speaking of people.
Speaker 4: Getting pounded on the head, do we have what we're hoping to do?
Speaker 2: We had a bit of a technical glitch.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say, the competitive slap fighting that you've heard about. Oh yeah, the doctors who are like in charge of looking at this have just come out and said, seventy eight percent of our participants show.
Speaker 2: Sign of brain injury. Seventy eight percent.
Speaker 4: And then maybe next hour are Navy's elite speedboat crews. They're starting to test them and all that slamming down on waves, a lot of them have brain injury.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's interesting. Yeah, yeah, it's come.
Speaker 1: There might be some brain injuries tomorrow night because of this from the moment.
Speaker 2: You started getting into camp for this fight. What did you learn about yourself so far? I'm wow.
Speaker 6: When I get you this fight, I started training, what the finished, the proces and now the fight to fight the pond.
Speaker 1: So in Vegas last weekend and every billboard, every giant TV screen the size of a ten story building had ads for the Mike Tyson Jake Paul fight. If you're of a certain age, Mike Tyson was the biggest sports star on the planet and the baddest man in the world. And I went down a rabbit hole with my kids last night trying to explain to them who Mike Tyson was as opposed to who he is. Uh currently watching light so did Tiger Owner, among other things.
Speaker 2: Like we watched.
Speaker 1: All of Mike Tyson's first round knockouts on a YouTube video and stuff like, jeez, he was a ferocious beast. Oh my god. Anyway, that's back when he was twenty years old. He's now in his mid fifties and he's fighting a YouTube star tomorrow night. And I assumed it was in Vegas because of all the advertising. It's not my brother who's super into this sort of stuff. Sent me a text. It's at at and T Stadium in Dallas. My brother said, I've watched all the Netflix pre fight episodes. I originally thought Tyson would kill him, and still think he might. But Jake Paul looks like a guy who's boxed more than four years based on his skill, I haven't seen anything Jake Paul.
Speaker 2: He's huge. I know that he's young and huge.
Speaker 1: And then you got an old man, formerly ferocious, old man, maybe still ferocious, but an old man the same.
Speaker 4: And you have to remember and this is getting a little sportsy and boxy for you. But I was a big fan of watching Mike Tyson's fights just because they are so crazy. He would charge across the ring and batter a guy until he begged for mercy. I mean it rarely went to the second round for his first bunch of fights. But then people figured out how to neutralize him. Well, so the second half of his career was a great deal of mediocrity.
Speaker 1: There's also the psychological edge that you get for a while. Connor McGregor had this, and but once it's blown up, I mean, well it's blown up, it doesn't ever come back. But for a while Mike Tyson had the hole. I come out to no music, with no robe and no socks and walk in the ring and stare at you, and you wet yourself and you know you're gonna lose in your mind before the bell even rings.
Speaker 2: But once that was blown up, then it's blown up. But yeah, for a long time it was that.
Speaker 1: I mean, how many of those fighters actually believed they were going to win?
Speaker 2: Not very many of them all bet right. Yeah, he had such a.
Speaker 1: His freaking neck when he was young was ridiculous. Who has a neck like that?
Speaker 2: Plus he also grew up.
Speaker 1: In a bad neighborhood and like fought his whole life and he had that he had that actual anger survival thing going on.
Speaker 2: That not I don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: Jake Paul's background is my son said he's a TikTok dancer.
Speaker 2: That's how he became famous.
Speaker 1: I don't know if a TikTok dancer has the edge you need, no matter how big you are, against somebody who might have the whole fighting for my life and my bad neighborhood thing going I don't know.
Speaker 2: It'll be fun to watch.
Speaker 4: Between Rooyd's and rockstar energy, he drank maybe he finds that edge. But I wonder if the tyson has talked to his tigers to try to get that edge back.
Speaker 2: What Michael, how do you? How do you stay so mean? Your clip? I couldn't hear you. You've got a great interview clip. Okay, another clip? Go ahead? How long do you think this thing will last?
Speaker 6: Not long so as I catch him, because he's gonna run like a thief. I don't I don't see how he's going to make an exciting fight by running all day.
Speaker 2: You know, he's.
Speaker 6: Supposed to be the young guy. He's supposed to walk right through me. I'm an old man. He's gonna run over good night.
Speaker 2: So he can't stand toe to toe and punch with you, Well, I think he should try it. He's a younger man.
Speaker 6: He should be able to handle punches from an old, withering man like me.
Speaker 5: You sound like you're insulted by the suggestion that you're too old for this?
Speaker 2: Is that Is that a fair statement?
Speaker 6: Hey, listen, you can't compare me with other people my age because other people at my age haven't been training as long as me, consistent as me, and I'm just a different.
Speaker 1: We're about time. I've watched ano of the videos. He's in shape and but as a man also in his fifties, I tire and I was Jake Paul. If I feel like, if I can make it through the first couple of rounds, I'm okay.
Speaker 4: Melissa is an old dodge try Tyson's trying to tempt him into standing in the middle of the ring and exchanging blows because he has to chase.
Speaker 2: Him all night.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be on his knee, taking a knee and give me a minute, Give me a minute by the third round like I would.
Speaker 2: Be kings X King's X. Can we bring in a sub coach? Well, you can't. You don't do that in boxing. Gabby Newson wants to be president.
Speaker 4: No way, says one of our favorite journalists Stay with us, Armstrong and Getty