Speaker 1: The volume. Can you believe We're this deep into the NFL season? We gotta make every second count. With DraftKings Sportsbook, you can make the most out of every game day. Bet on your favorite teams for a shot at winning big bucks. New customers can score one hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bets for betting five on any matchup.
Speaker 2: Get in on the action with Draft.
Speaker 1: Kings Sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Download the app now use code Shannon. New customers can score one hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bets for betting just five books on the NFL. Only on Draft Kings Sportsbook with code Shannon.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and why, or text hope and why to four six seven three six nine. In West Virginia, visit www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net. Please play responsibly. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org on behalf of Foothill Casino and Resort in Kansas, must be twenty one or older in most eligible states, but age varies by jurisdiction. See DraftKings dot com slash sportsbook for details in state specific responsible gambling resources, eligibility and deposit restrictions apply. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Terms at sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com slash basketball terms.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us again to another episode of Nightcamp. I'm your favorite sports OHNK Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite number eighty five, the best route runner in Cincinnati Bengal history.
Speaker 2: We'll leave it at that Ring of fame, run.
Speaker 4: NFL history. Let's get it together. Were gonna work it. We're gonna get that introduction together. Baby, were gonna get it together.
Speaker 1: Okay, ALFL history because the Bengals originally joined there in the AFL. Who they weren't but okay, Chad Ocho Senko Johnson, thank you. Make sure you click that light button. Make sure you hit the subscribe button.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: We are now at four hundred and eighty one thousand subscribers.
Speaker 2: Oho.
Speaker 1: We've also pinned the link for Shae by Laportier at the top of the chat. The holidays are right around the corner, so please head out, grab yourself a bottle, or for someone that you love.
Speaker 2: Let's jump right into it. Ohoe, we got a lot to cover.
Speaker 1: The night, the Seahawks beat the Eagles twenty to seventeen. The Seahawks were four to twelve on third downs entering the final drive. They trailed all game, but with two fill in starters, they came in when they needed to two interceptions by Julian Love, a ninety two yard game winning drive by backup July capped off by js N Jackson Smith and Jack and Nick jigbum Jick.
Speaker 2: His second game with a touchdown scored the season.
Speaker 1: Jalen Hurst was seventeen to thirty one touchdowns during the seven Oh ta let me start this off, Yes, sir, in a situation like this, Yes, you know the number one thing we say, nothing cheap, nothing deep, Nothing cheap, nothing deep.
Speaker 2: Yes, Brad, Brad, you got one responsibility.
Speaker 1: God dang it, you had just got beat up the rail B DGK so that you didn't learn your lesson on that one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna press again. I'm gonna do it again.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna show you and now you give up a game when it touchdown they need it. The only way you lose that game, O joyes a touchdown, Bill go does them no good? Why are you up there trying to press?
Speaker 4: But I think, I think, I think, okay, before you finish, I'm gonna let you finish. Go ahead, and brad Berry's case, I think brad Bury is a little bit more comfortable and situational football like that, or maybe just in general being up and pressing and being able to get hands on her, being able to get hands on the receiver and trying to find leverage that way. Okay, that it just so happened in this instant and then work out.
Speaker 5: In his favor. But go ahead and finish your point.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, do you realize that you have a lead. The only way you lose that game if you get him up a touchdown.
Speaker 2: You're touchdown. You're right, you can't say.
Speaker 1: Because I'm more comfortable what is in the best interest of the team at that point in time. You throw what is most comfortable for you out of the window. Second of all, why are you playing single high. I'm glad, right, I'm glad you said that.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you say that, because obviously the defensive coordinat made a certain call. The defensive coordinator made a call based on based on the situation and what he felt the players he had out there were most comfortable in, and that would be single high and bad break. Excuse me, let me slow down, because I'm talking to damn Fast and Brad Burry playing bump and run, which is why they win single high, because he trusted them because if he felt there was a weakness, if he felt that there was a weakness in that certain coverage, then he wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Have a minute.
Speaker 4: He didn't mean get you. You gotta beat at the most unopportune time.
Speaker 1: Yes, And and the thing is is that slaves on the other side they're picking on you. What does that tell you if a team was willing to go at supposedly your best corner, now your other.
Speaker 2: Corner, your all other pro Bowl, all pro.
Speaker 1: Corner, he's out And they say, you know what, we don't care. We don't want the guy on the other side that's filling in, We don't want to backup.
Speaker 2: What does that say about you? Ojo? Let that thingureut.
Speaker 1: I want people at home that's hearing me I'm gonna I'm gonna do like you, Ojo, I'm gonna slow down. Yeah, they didn't pick on the guy that replaced Darius Slave. They went and picked on the guy that supposedly is their best corner. You have one job. Nothing cheap, nothing deep, deep. You gave up d DK up the rail. Okay, you gave that up. You said, what damn? Maybe that's your back off on this situation that was that was a good catch. Now, that was a hell of a catch. That was a hell of a catch. That was a hell of a catch. Nothing cheap, nothing deep. So in other word, nothing should be behind you.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, especially in that situation, Thank you, O Joe.
Speaker 1: This is not the first quarter. There's less than a minute in the ball game. The only way you lose this game is if you give up a touchdown. It does them no good to try and get in field goal range. They need seven in order to beat you, and you give that up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So do you put the owners of this loss on the defensive coordinator or you just or just strictly bad bear, Because obviously there's a play call that comes in. The linebacker sets the call makes the call for the defense, and they just line up and execute with his call from the defensive coordinator sitting up in the sky.
Speaker 5: So who you put it on?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Remember I've been telling y'all, I said, L Joe, Yeah, that secondary can be had? How many how long have I been telling you that secondary can be had?
Speaker 2: How many times have I told you?
Speaker 1: I watched Sam Howd throw for three ninety four and four touchdowns. I watched what Dak Prescott like the ass up? I watched Rock Party like they ass up? Everybody has lit them up? So what is that? What doesn't the defensive courd? What does the defensive coordinator know that? I don't right, he's right there, he's taking it off on tape. They're terrible on the back end. And now you're one of your best guys. He's out and you still want to with even when you're at full strength.
Speaker 2: Your secondary is getting toasted.
Speaker 1: And so you mean to tell me, with a couple of guys out, you wanting to play that same coverage. Look, I don't know Dre, but when I watched Bradburry, I've never been impressed with his cover skills. I don't look at him as a I don't look at him as a ram Jalen ramsay, I don't look at him as I don't look at him as those guys. I think he opens the gate to much. I don't think he's nearly physical enough. He's up in press coverage, but he ain't putting hands on people. I mean, in this situation, you cannot.
Speaker 4: Give that up right right, But I mean, and another thing excuses for him.
Speaker 2: I don't want to.
Speaker 5: Make the seasons because we said we saw, we saw what happened.
Speaker 4: Again playing defense, playing corner, which I think, and I've said it multiple times, I think playing defensive back is the most difficult position on the field outside of playing the quarterback position. And in an unfortunate opportune time, you give up a TV when it mattered most to get a goddamn stop for a minute left to going to goddamn Clark if anything, listen, if anything.
Speaker 2: If I was brad Bury and I was a little uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: And and it was a little unsettling for me to be in bump and run in that setting, you know what, I would have walked my ass right on off and played at seven Reet McKee, Reid mckey's read the three step and then get my ass back on back on the receiver and then if he's going deep, then you already in position to make a play on the.
Speaker 2: Ball, right right.
Speaker 4: But then then you gotta worry about getting chewed out for not following the instructions of the goddamn defensive court coordinator and the play that he defensive player that he did call.
Speaker 1: And then they put the other guy on it. They said, no, DK going on what you don't have you done? Have had your full love him? Hey, hey, JSN, you take it. I mean, I mean, don't say it. Don't say it like that.
Speaker 2: I'm just being honest.
Speaker 1: I mean for you, for for I mean, and I've been in situation where I've had coaches to tell us, you make sure the starter doesn't get hurt because his backup is better than he is. So what we would do that you'll get around the power. Oh yo, we put my arm. I don't want you to get rolled up because the guy is backing you up here, gonna tear my ass up when he comes here. So make sure I make sure I'm gonna get you for folk quarters. I ain't dealing with that. That's joke from the fireline. And so for them to break to for DK to DK beating him, that's no problem. DK is a pro Bowl wide receiver. He's a veteran wide receiver, a big body guy. And here, why the hell you trying to press DK? You know he wants to play through contact anyway. Yeah, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 4: But another thing again, in the case of Bradbury, bigger receivers struggle. When you can attack him at the line first, you get a little bit of an advantage. If they can't they can't get off, if they can't get their hands off you, then you could win. You could win that battle a bigger target. Yeah, down a little bit and maybe maybe get a little advantage. It didn't work in that case.
Speaker 2: On the slimp. It didn't work, with the with the PI, it didn't work. And it didn't work on the deep ball.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, that's good. If you technically sound like a long armed Rivers, Revers was technically sound. Was never Revers was never going for the first move. Oh no, he wasn't biting that. You dance a lot of sam And.
Speaker 5: This is this is the thing about Revers.
Speaker 4: That two thousand and nine season was so special, and I don't think people understand how special it was. I always talk about That's one of the first things I talk about when I talk about Rivers. Listen, you know, Salamon, you know how many people oh Sally may you know how pay You know how patient Sally mad has to be. She ain't never getting the motherfucking loans back anybody paying them.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of patience Revers had.
Speaker 5: That's the part. There's only one playoff.
Speaker 4: There's only one player I've ever seen in the history of revers career that I've ever seen actually get him, and that was a great Stevie Johnson consisting.
Speaker 2: Where you gotta be quick fast, which a bigger up every.
Speaker 4: Every time. This man was so motherfucking stroke. Should I curse my bad God forgive me? He was so strong and he had an arm bar. He had an arm bar. His ball skills was elite. Yeah, everything about him was elite.
Speaker 2: Was It was great. So think that the.
Speaker 4: Chance of us seeing anything like that again, it's gonna be a long time coming.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a very long time coming. He was great at riding you to the sideline. He's gonna bar you, and then all of a sudden he gonna look out. But he's gonna be riding. He's gonna be riding you to the sidelight thing.
Speaker 4: You know, he's gonna play that ball now he had he had elite ball skills. He was eliting and bumping, run and just just just everything pure quality. That two thousand and nine season was special. That'll never ever be replicated or duplicated.
Speaker 1: And let's go to the other side. Jalen Hurts, I'm a firm believer.
Speaker 2: Now. I've been telling y'all, they turning the ball, Shannon, they win it.
Speaker 1: You're a hater, I said, remember, oh your what's my favorite saying? You never accept anything in a win, win a loss. If you didn't have problems when they was winning, you shouldn't have problems with the turnovers right now.
Speaker 2: But you do. And when I was.
Speaker 1: Trying to explain to you, there are things that I see in Jalen Hurts, he's turning the ball over more than we've ever seen. But we're winning. We're this and that. You didn't want to hear what I gotta say. But guess what I bet I got your undivided attention now, Dona, I got your Philly fans. I got your full and undivided attention. I bet I do not donor Oh what you know loud?
Speaker 2: Now? What you know? I know more than your thinks. I don't know everything.
Speaker 1: I know a little bit about everything, though, and I know there are certain things. And what I try to do is that I point things out so when it happens, you're not surprised, you're not surprised by it. Jalen Hurst was turning the ball. Now, I'm not saying that he's not injured, but he doesn't look the same to me, and he had looked the same since he injured that leg. But the ball, he's turning it over interceptions, He's fumbling the football.
Speaker 2: That's increased.
Speaker 1: Now, when that increases, your probability of winning decreases. Now, on the other side, your defense isn't what they were last year. They're not attacking the quarterback like they once did. They're not turning teams over like they could last year. Now, all of a sudden, when the turnovers was down, you guys was taking the ball away and sacking the quarterback.
Speaker 2: That's what you got.
Speaker 1: You got a team that looked was very impressive from start to finish, got all the way to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: It within a couple of minutes of winning the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Now basically the same team. Now you could say, oh, we got this got No, No, it's not, it's not. Your turnovers aren't the same, and I'm and each year that's why you have So that's why it's so hard to repeat. That's why they've been so few a rep super Bowl winners and even teams that lose the Super Bowl to get back, that's why it's so impressive what Buffalo did.
Speaker 2: Buffalo got back four times four executive tiers three three or four was four four?
Speaker 1: That was four, yes, yeah, ninety one, ninety two, ninety three and lost all four and.
Speaker 2: Lost all four. You will never see that again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, most definitely. But you know, Jayleen Jalen was seventeen for thirty one three. Obviously, do turnovers and with the with the back end of the defense playing as bad as it is and not being able to take away the ball as much as they should turn it all. Listen that too, in the offense not tacking on all cylinders like they should.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 4: The Philly we used to seeing scoring twenty one, twenty eight, sometimes thirty, but they not putting up the points like that and then when the defense ain't taking the ball away from you, those possitions that you do have an offense matter maximum that much more. You got to maximize them. You got to maximize them.
Speaker 1: So when you if your defense isn't taking away, what can't you do on offense?
Speaker 2: You can give it away? No you can't, you can't.
Speaker 1: And so that's that's the problem to have. Hey, I want y'all to know I hit that parlay. Y'all been killing me. I want y'all to jump in this chat right now and say, hey, oh, I appreciate that good looking out because I hit that parlay.
Speaker 2: Swear we got them yard Okay, you hit the parlay? Okay? Oh yeah? On draft kings hit the yardage? How do we hit it? What? Oh?
Speaker 1: They got I got three and a half. I didn't really need it because they won.
Speaker 2: What else did?
Speaker 1: What else did we get? We hit the parlay by Swift? Russian? Uh Walker Russian?
Speaker 5: Hey, Kenny, Hey, Kenny Keny Walkman's cutting.
Speaker 2: Yeah you talk.
Speaker 1: About in nineteen eighteen eighty six and the TV jump it out. Jump in the chat now, I say, oh, I appreciate that good looking out. I put ten dollars down and got me two seventy two, got four twenty five or something. Break your boy off something, Show me that you appreciate this knowledge I gave y'all, and turn turn that little ten dollars.
Speaker 2: Into something nice. You know, you know it's good right around the corner. Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 4: You know it's good for the Philly fans or for the for the team in general. The remaining schedule, I think they're gonna be alright. The remaining schedule is the Giants, the Giants, the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: They got Jazz, they got the Giants twice, or they got the Giants.
Speaker 1: Commanders. I think they got the Giants, Cardinals, Commanders Giants Cardinals commanders.
Speaker 2: Is that right? Is this the commanders? I thought they played the commander.
Speaker 5: They didn't play the commanders twice already or on my tripping, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know either way. Giants, Cardinals, Giants, Giants, Giants, they got the Giants, Giants, Cardinal Giants. Where there you go.
Speaker 4: You definitely, you definitely can go into the playoffs with someone win them and being able to fix those issues with the three with the three teams you got to play next well, two two teams.
Speaker 1: But let me ask your question, sir, what you what you think those teams playing the Eagles thinking hey we can get us to win to close out the season. We might not be going nowhere, but misery loves company. I know that when I was gonna make the playoffs. I'm trying to yours. Yeah, exactly right right, I'm gonna be done on Monday. Guess what who else? Guess who else gonna get a healthy tragy bag you because you're gonna be cleaning out your s h I T two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, you I ain't gonna be the only one going home.
Speaker 5: They're not gonna fall that bad down. They're not gonna fall that bad right now.
Speaker 4: They they fall to the fifth seed right now, Yeah, and then they will be in the playoffs. They're not gonna fall that bad. But again, mistakes that need to be corrected these next two games. I'm gonna just say two, because they play the Giants twice.
Speaker 2: You're playing teams for those mistakes can be corrected, and you're gonna have.
Speaker 4: To and that that back that that back end. They got to be able to do something. And it all starts with that front end. That front end gotta pick up a slack. The front end gotta pick up a slack to make it easier for the back end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the front end don't.
Speaker 4: If the front end don't get there, the backing don gonna keep getting exposed every time.
Speaker 2: Bro, you do realize they got beat by Drew Locke, you know, like you lock but you was the day of a slang and that thing.
Speaker 5: Man, I know, I know what you're gonna say.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'll talk about the Phillip standpoint. I mean, he made some throw on that last drive. He was insatiable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gotta to see the ball placement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that throw the JSN yes, and the one the DK Yeah he had he had to get that up and down before the safety.
Speaker 2: Got off it.
Speaker 4: When nobody gonna catch that ball except the football the person that was thrown to a Moses.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: DK had an unbelievable game, Uh, sir, big snow said Ojo Deebo said, Brad Barry with trash.
Speaker 2: He did. But you that's right. That was them going at it on Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: You but you know, o Jo, like when one player says that, I try to take that with a grain of salt. A lot of its game mischell and sometimes, but sometimes a player will tell you how he really feels the player.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. You know, I don't think they like each other. That that's very seldom. That's very seldom that happens.
Speaker 1: But you know, O Joe, I don't let that. I don't let what one player says about another player. I don't let that sway me on what I think about that player. I'm gonna watch him and I'm gonna critique based on what I see and my intimate knowledge of the game. Now, if somebody says he's trash, I mean, I don't really like to say that, but I'm like, you know what I'm saying to myself, Yeah, he ain't very good. He might not be trash, but he pretty close. He recyclable trash. Go ahead, he recyclable. Clifton Gordon said Brad Barry is definitely overrated. Can't stand him anymore. However, much blame should go to the O. C. Brian Johnson with the harbor play call with the first seven minutes of the fourth quarter. And plus I don't know why Russ had to take that chance of that first interception. He didn't need to take that chance that I was covered. Yeah, that's not that's not a J.
Speaker 2: Brown.
Speaker 1: You don't give your third I understand that situation. I think they played somebody. Uh who was that?
Speaker 2: They played somebody and the third receiver made a play for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know the kiss. You know exactly what I'm talking about. The Kills made a play for. But more time than not, you give your number one receiver AJ that opportunity, or maybe a DeVante Smith, But the third and fourth.
Speaker 2: Receiver, you're gonna give them that opportunity. No, I don't know. I look, I trust him.
Speaker 1: But there's a reason why they they they traded what they traded, and they paid AJ Brown. There's a reason why you drafted uh DeVante with the within the top ten of the draft. There's a reason why. I just don't understand why he took that chance. Did they and plus that last throw? Did they have any time out because they got a kicker that remember o Jo?
Speaker 4: They had two left, if I'm not mistaken, the D ball the DE ball they Why.
Speaker 1: Would he do that because he got a kicker that could kick it sixty yards?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I was thinking.
Speaker 4: I was thinking about that because they had timeouts left. Maybe a dig some.
Speaker 2: Short the middle of the field. Out the middle of the field. You don't have to worry about the sidelines.
Speaker 1: You can throw the ball to the middle of the field because you have time out timeout.
Speaker 4: You had two at that I mean as only as thirteen seconds. You had one play and a timeout.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yes, all I need, Hey, all you needed. Probably you probably needed about ten fifteen yards. Okay, I get up there and call my time out. I got one two seconds. Let me see if my field goal, my field goal kicker can get me into overtime. You watched them kick a sixty or sixty one yard and fifty nine yard just a week ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he got a big leg, got a big leg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so tj Elsworth ass fuck uncle Schey. Say, do you believe on both Hurts interceptions there was PI? And if so, does that standards an interception when that's an obvious Finally, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was a PI. I don't.
Speaker 1: I think it was a poor I think both of them with poor decisions. I think the ball was thrown poorly.
Speaker 2: That's just me. I mean maybe you saw p I, but I did know Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I mean that's tough, and with the way the rest are making the calls now where they called it every goddamn thing. They throwing the god damn they're throwing. They throwing flag like like yellow handkerchiefs right now, you know, they call it everything. And that's that's what I don't like, is the fact that the focal point is now on holding and roughing the passers and and at all sides, on all sides, it's what It's watering down the floor of the game. It's watering down the floor of the game. Whether they just call they just nitpicking. So if you want a nick pick, obviously depending on if you run one hundred plates, honestly, you can call it. You can call some type of penalty on every single play, every time, every time. And I hope the game doesn't come to that where they nitpick on every single play and it just disrupts the floor of a game. But that's that's that's the route we're going.
Speaker 1: Friendly neighborhood kids said as a Hawks, as a Hawks fan, we came out with the win, but I think we still need to move on from Pete. What do you guys think. I don't think Pete's going anywhere. I think they hit their wagon to Pete. For the most part, you see all the legions of Boom with the exception they brought Bobby Wagner back, but with the exception of be Wagged, the legion of Booner is no more. Russell is out of there. So now see, Allen is basically known for Pete Carroll mm hm.
Speaker 2: And so I think.
Speaker 1: The Allen Paul Allen's sister, who owns the who runs the who owns it? And John Schneider and those guys, I think I think they're peats.
Speaker 2: Not I don't believe Pete's going anywhere. That's just me personally. I mean, what do you think? Why? Why? Why would he leave? No?
Speaker 1: I think he said he thinks they should move on from Pete. And my question is, what do you think you're gonna get better than Pete?
Speaker 2: That too? Had that?
Speaker 5: That that too?
Speaker 2: That's the way I missed one.
Speaker 1: Jose Castro Rios, did tonight show the weakness in the second day of the Eagles? What you mean tonight? What have you been for four months? I've been telling y'all this, but y'all don't think I know what I'm talking about. So you know what, Ocho. What used to irge me, especially when I was on CBS, is that people don't think if you know, they didn't play the quarterback position, they don't think you know anything about football. Only the quarterback, study film, only the quarterback practice. Only the quarterback knew all. But what the hell you thought I was doing? You thought I just went to get you know, I went to get candy bars I was. I mean, what you think I was doing there? I watched Tate, I studied the game. I mean people that played with me and my coaches, they would tell you that I'm a student of the game.
Speaker 2: I understand the game. You had to be.
Speaker 1: I mean, I try to keep it as simple as I possibly can. I don't like to get into the intricace of it. You know what I'm saying? A nine technique of why nine shade seven high five and now you know what I'm saying, don't getting all that you know you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, then they didn't cover six six kicks? Couple four?
Speaker 1: Okay, there's seven then cloud Come on, man, y'all not gonna understand that. Basically what y'all understand is covered too. Sll how look at it you safety for single high safety safety in the middle of the field, all that you know, robber alert, Jordan, you know, I feel Okay, you know what that means.
Speaker 2: That's a band Joe. That means we bracketed somebody or.
Speaker 5: We're passing it off one of the other.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey he if he if he comes in there, you got it. If he called it back, I'm here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, listen.
Speaker 4: That that's that ship get exotic. Now that ship get exotic and complicated.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And this is what I like about defense too. Okayhead, no, go ahead, I want to. I said, this is what I like about personnel. And the better you personnel, the more skilled players that you do have, the more exotic, and the more in the deeper your playbook.
Speaker 5: Good defensively.
Speaker 4: Listen, some of that stuff the Raven used to want to run into two thousands, some of the stuff that Steelers used to run into two thousands.
Speaker 2: Only they could run that.
Speaker 5: Stuff based on the personnel they had.
Speaker 4: I saw defense one time with with Polamalu and I can't remember and Ryan Clark before to snap of the ball, I tell you no, lie, I tell you no lie. If I'm lying, I'm flying everybody was at the line of scrimmage to snap of the ball. Before to snap of the ball, everybody was at the line of scrimmage, and it was some type of exotic bluff. Right before the ball snapped, everybody shot up out of there so fast to get to wherever their responsibilities were.
Speaker 5: I'm like that in the hell m I ain't never seen nothing like that.
Speaker 1: The thing is, but the thing is show that. But here's the thing, whether the offensive defense. When you go on the road, you can be less creative because now the communication is a lot harder. And so when we went on the road, we only had a handful of plays we even know we running. Were running hand off week or were running talss week that we ain't got.
Speaker 2: All these plays were.
Speaker 1: Going check this, check that, And everybody's like, huh, well, I thought it was this. No hand off week, hand off strong, I mean hand off week, talk strong. That's when we run.
Speaker 4: It right, you know, with you guys, with you guys, you always ran that stretch play too. Yeah, stress play like like like the goddamn coach like they always do it.
Speaker 2: And the guy, yeah, y'all, y'all love that damn play.
Speaker 4: And he listen TD hold it, hell, hold it, He'll hold it, and and ben that bitch right on back everything. I had one with a lot of a lot of times poor artists. Yeah yeah, oh yeah. But if you notice look at all the guys we had.
Speaker 1: We had Porters Rookie of the year fifteen hundred yards back to back season, Mike Anderson Rookie of the year fift that's right, that's right, yeah, all them guys leading drones. Who is the fullback? They put him an I back, he goes for twelve fifty, get paid. TD gets hurt. In ninety nine they put a Landa's Gary in there. We call him bird. So we called him and they said, man, why you call him bird? That said that joke is so Pigeon told I don't know what to throw bird seed? Or say what's up?
Speaker 2: Bro? I mean, hey, but bird be housing that thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so but TD all TD had to know, Mike I had one responsibility. When TD cut back, he had to know that defensive end was gonna put his helmet in his heid. That was my sole responsibility. That's not gonna happen on my watch.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: He would ask me, hey, he eightyfour, what you got backside. I said, hold up TV to keep it front side, come back it right now, bad thing is gonna happen. Give me an opportunity, give me bad thing gonna happen to you.
Speaker 2: Let you wear him down a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say, I got to cut him a few more times. Let me cut him a few more times. You know, Hey, I had him like cockroach feet up in there. Hey dd come see your boy, hey, And now all of a sudden he hit that thing. Yeah, he got the gate. But you know, I had to solve it him up. I had to solve with him up though in the first two quarters. Keep from side of the house to the side. Don't come back here weak side. I like that Michael call like cowboys haters. What I don't understand is everybody just waits for the cowboys to lose. I saw multiple analysts, people who are fake analyst who somehow got jobs on TV saying their goals, your boy. It's almost to the point where it's like almost sick. Some of these people are like mentally sick, been waiting for former players, or former players are waiting for current players to fail so that they can have something to talk about.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think mikel really understands who he's playing for you. I don't think he understands.
Speaker 1: Remember you remember the beginning year he told me historical defense. He said that, he said, they got a historical defense. Now, this is what I don't know. This is what I never heard Michael Parsons because I was one of the first ones that rent out. I said, this is the best player in the draft, even though he did not play his senior year, based on what I have seen him play his junior year and based on what I saw at the combine fit. You can see the way he timed, the way he jumped. He's explosive, he's sudden. So whatever you saw on tape, he confirmed it at the combine. I can't hear him say one time, these so called fake analysts saying I'm gonna be great, I didn't hear him say not one time these analysts said I should be Rookie of the year. He never said. He never said anything when they said this band LT. He's the closest thing I seen the LT. What's what I don't get. Why don't you say it's too much praise when guys are heaping that praise on you when you wreckon shop. He never says them former players waiting on me. They talked, Hey, hey, hey, shannel man, that's too much. Man. Don't be saying I'm gonna be this good. Don't say be ruing reok of the year. Don't say I'm gonna win Rookie of the Year and Defensive Player of the year. Come on, man, that ain't right. Why you were why you root? Oh, he don't mind when they root for him. Yeah, even though I don't believe players are rooting against him, but he don't mind when they cheering him on. It's just that when you go out there and you didn't have the type of game and they found ways and we saw this forty nine ers give you a great blueprint. They commute his eyes. Hey, make it instead of making him swim, make him catch. Put that tight end on him. He said, okay, stand up in here now. We gonna want you to stand because you said you you wanted to play with your hand in the dirt. And the Buffalo bill say, put them tight ends on him. They put them big guys on him, and all of a sudden he didn't have the same type of game.
Speaker 2: Ro do you I could imagine Reggie White lt.
Speaker 1: Dt And all the greats complaining and he talked about the media. What the hell you think you in? Where did you say this on your show? On your podcast? Do you realize you're part of the media?
Speaker 5: Also, Yeah, yeah, I think I think.
Speaker 4: I think he has to understand what comes with playing for the Dallas Cowboy. I still don't think he understands. I still don't think he understands that the Dallas Cowboys move the needle. The Dallas Cowboys, the Los Angeles Lakers, and the New York Yankees, they move the needle.
Speaker 2: They will always be They will always.
Speaker 4: Be talked about, criticized and analyzed different than any other team. That's just the way it is. It's the lay of the land. It will always be that way. But what they got to do, what they got to do. All they have to do and know this, shut up the analysts and know this, shut up the haters, the so called fake analysts that never played the game.
Speaker 5: Is you got to go out there and execute weekend and week out, o Cho.
Speaker 2: But that was the problem. It's a simple fix.
Speaker 1: Remember Ojo, that was just saying he ain't even never played the game.
Speaker 2: Now you got guys playing the game. Oh, now they fake analysts.
Speaker 1: Now you said at first you had a problem with guys criticizing you or critiquing your game that never played. Now all the networks, a lot of most of the networks have guys that played the game critiquing your game. Now that's a problem. Oh then you say, well, what if he done? Y'all sure, y'all want to ask me that question? Are you sure? Are you sure?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I know I've been away from the game and a lot of people don't, and I don't really care. I'm gonna say what I'm gonna say based on what I see. Now, y'all know, y'all can't bs me. Now, y'all needna stop playing nothing too big of a cat to be played with like a kid. Now, I can't telling y'all that. So when your owners out there running this yap about how historically and great this defense is, when everybody is writing about you in Dallas talking about this team is so close and this team seems different, you ain't got no problem with that. But the moment that, y'all, all you got to do is show up with gainst one of these against the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: All you have to do show up this stee Eagles on the road. All you do, show up.
Speaker 1: All you had to do was show up against Buffalo because everybody, just wait, I told you this team feel different. Really well, I don't want y'all to beat I want y'all to beat somebody. Go on the road and beat somebody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, none that I think about it.
Speaker 2: Let me see.
Speaker 5: They lost to the Bill thirty one ten.
Speaker 4: The remains the rest of the I'm gonna called the gauntlet, the rest of the gauntlet for them.
Speaker 2: They they got beat.
Speaker 1: They got beat forty two to ten by the forty nine ers, got beat twenty eight to sixteen by the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Minas Kyler Murray.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, they got They got the Dolphins, the Lions and the Commanders for them to them two next ones. That that that that tells the whole story. That tells the whole story them Dolphins. You already know what's happened Tree Tyreek back next week.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, Oh Joe, and what I've been trying to tell people, and people are you? I say, the Cowboys are different, They're deep. This is a defense. Let I understand that dak is playing un believe with MVP type football.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but you see what happens when they don't get turnovers.
Speaker 1: When you see what happens, how they look when they don't get picked six of the scooping scores or put their offense on the short field.
Speaker 2: You see how they look.
Speaker 1: You tell me that's the same team when they didn't get the turnovers against the forty nine ers. Oh, they didn't create turnovers. They didn't create I think they might have had one against Arizona. I think they might have had one on the road against Philly. They got none against Buffalo. See, they're not losing a field goal game. They're getting demolished.
Speaker 5: Knowledge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: I think the problem is I and I talked to you about this too before. I said, do you really think it's an advantage when you're playing when you're playing at home as opposed to playing on the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Cowboy scoring forty points a game when they plan at home in twenty.
Speaker 1: One points a game on the road. So that's basically three touchdowns. Though, Joe, that's three touchdown different. That's not okay. We scored twenty eight points on the road. We scored. I mean at home, we scored twenty four. On the road, Bro, do you understand that's three touchdowns three?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness that you know.
Speaker 1: I'll get the takeaways a home, I think they're plus ten. On the road they're minus minus. Yeah, that's crazy. That's gonna be predicated on defense, getting scooping courts, pick six in short fields.
Speaker 2: And this is the and this is what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: But Michael, you have to understand as a pre eminent player, you have to show up in moments like this.
Speaker 2: Bro, you take these guys. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: And and remember we talked to Coach Prime, and Prime, I want to thank you for coming on last night. Everybody say how much they loved the episode. It's it's charge. It's our highest episode thus far. I think we had a tick, Oh Joe, we had a tick up under forty five thousand. I think we have forty four thousand, nine.
Speaker 2: And thirty two. Yes, sir, so we had a tick under forty five thousand.
Speaker 1: So we want to thank Coach Prime for coming on gracing us with his present pick some knowledge on us. But can you imagine when people say, oh, Prime ain't show up Reggie White ain't show up.
Speaker 2: Bruce Smith ain't show up.
Speaker 1: Ray Lewis fifteen ran for six hundred fifteen ran for two hundred and forty yards on the Baltimore Ravens defense. Imagine, imagine if Rady came out and say, hey, man, man, he's so called faith analysts and haters. Really, do you understand the company that people have already put you in? And you ain't have no problem with that? If you, if you, you shouldn't have a problem with criticism. See, and this is what happens if you live for T. I said that, if you live for the applause, you will die by the criticism.
Speaker 2: You see, You'll see hold on, now, hold I think t I said that. Hold on, let me give him a pen. Hold on.
Speaker 5: I'm in I'm in the hotel.
Speaker 4: I like that when I left my note, Patty, I left my pad and Miami boy, give me that one again.
Speaker 2: By Yeah, if you live for the praise, you die by the criticism. Yeah, I'm gonna use that on rail. I'm gonna use that. Why you use everything? I don't use that on rail.
Speaker 4: Because that's the only person I get into it with. So I got to have these in my pocket. Now, yeah, that's a good one, boy, Damn.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: But Michael needs to understand, because of his level of greatness, there's a greater expectation him. Yeah, and because he doesn't get to have it off game and not to say that. Look and but you have to understand, there's a cycle now. Like when those other great plays, there was no twenty four hour news cycle. You had your local reporter and the group of reporters. But now everything they can go back at every plate. A guy can pull up every plate. Somebody can pull it up on their computer and show it. Look at Michael, Mike ain't working here. Look at this guy put Mike on his back. Look at this, Look at that. They didn't have that before. So I'm not going to sit here and tell you because I know I break it broken down. All the greats, all the grapes have been blocked, all the grates have been payingcake, All the grats have had games in which they didn't play their best.
Speaker 4: So do you think it's okay, it's okay to say, okay, you know what, the Cowboys can have a game like this.
Speaker 2: Yes, they've had too many of them.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys ten tenant, They tennant foe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but look who they're beating.
Speaker 1: We're asking them when you step up in competition and play a bullet like you somebody that can look you in your eye.
Speaker 2: Man, don't don't don't pick on him. Hey.
Speaker 1: You know how the other O Joe with some people cracking jokes, they don't get mad at the people telling the jokes.
Speaker 2: They get mad at the people that's laughing. Oh yeah, what you laughing at? He told the joke. That's what I'm laughing at.
Speaker 1: So the cowboys they picking on the commanders, they're picking on the giants, They're picking on the jazz, the panther.
Speaker 2: Okay, they come to forty nine.
Speaker 1: Ers, Okay, right, right, Oh they count Buffalo.
Speaker 5: What the teams you're gonna see in the playoffs?
Speaker 1: Basically, yes, show me, show me if y'all what y'all say, y'all if if you're tired of people saying that you're not this all you do you've just repeated, and that's what I said.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: Look. All I say is I need to see. I need to see. Faith is believing in the unknown. That's God said that God said, if you have faith, I'll show you.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm a man. I need you to show me to have faith. And I ain't seen it.
Speaker 1: M you've seen it because remember two years Remember two years ago when Jack had that great season, almost come for four to five yard and guess what happened when the forty nineers came in?
Speaker 2: And what did forty niners do?
Speaker 1: Do him? Got to put foots up in him. Got him right on the pout of there. Last year, even though he missed five games, he looked tied for the league in interceptions, go on.
Speaker 2: The road to the party. That's what they do. Put foots in them. Got him right on the p out of there. What if this the year? Though?
Speaker 4: What if this is the year when they get they hit, they get that first round in the playoffs and they get past that first round.
Speaker 1: We've seen them get past the first round. We haven't seen him get past the second round. They get past that division round.
Speaker 2: Okay, what have you seen it? Now?
Speaker 1: You do realize they haven't been passed that first round? You were probably so how were you in the in ninety five.
Speaker 4: Ninety five, ninety five hours, twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: You weren't twenty two seventy nine six you were sixteen, So think about that.
Speaker 2: You were sixteen.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, let me give me calculator.
Speaker 2: Hold on, you only know no calculator, I calculated for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, you were sixteen and you and you not said and you not thirty two, you not even thirty six.
Speaker 2: So let that sink in for just a second. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how long it's been since they've been passed.
Speaker 2: The second round. Wait, it's been that long. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, when they won the Super Bowl in Arizona ninety five.
Speaker 4: And they still get the type of yeah attention and criticism and yes, yes, yes, that is truly America team.
Speaker 5: You do understand that, right, you have not have been for you to not have won in so.
Speaker 1: Long because their fans are delusional because Jerry tells them every year and everybody buys into it, this is their year. It's kind of like that. It's kind of like the kid the parents that tell the kid, oh, I'm gonna take you tomorrow, and tomorrow never comes, but you still hold out hope that what he said is going to come true, or that Christmas gift that you're expecting that never came.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I remember at the.
Speaker 4: Beginning of receiving all thirty two teams have that same speech and that same talk from their head coaches, but.
Speaker 1: Owner, but their owners are not out there pelling that. See nobody else owner is saying that this team reminds me of those Super Bowl teams when you had those seven eight Hall of Famers on it. What other owner said that? What other owner is telling you? Who's gonna play, who's injured? The injury report?
Speaker 2: What owner?
Speaker 1: What other owner is doing that? What the other owner is saying after you beat the Commanders that this is the most this is the happiest that I've been Who what other owner after you beat the division rival says, you know what, this is the this is the best, this is the best we played.
Speaker 2: What other owners doing that? Him? But A Jerry Jones.
Speaker 5: He's always been from the center though he's always been that way.
Speaker 1: Because he wants it about him, no matter how great that plays. When you think of the Cowboys, who you think about.
Speaker 5: O Joe Jerry, Joe Jerry because because he's always from center.
Speaker 2: I think all the other owners. Patrick Mahone Clark Hunt says, I let me need that.
Speaker 1: Robert Kraft got six championships since he got his last Think about that he's been nine times. He got fixed damn and mister Craft, Coach Belichick or Tom Tommy, he called him tom. He called both of them Tommy, I mean Tommy and Billy. That's what he called Coach Belichick.
Speaker 2: Billy.
Speaker 1: He calls Tom Tommy. Y'all, y'all get that. I don't need that, right. He craves that. And that's why he got Jimmy up out of there because he wouldn't get that.
Speaker 2: He wanted that, right.
Speaker 4: Ah Man, So do you do you think maybe if Jerry was to move out the way, maybe that Jerry at okay, only the one guy that can never.
Speaker 2: Lose his job. I mean, he can't lose his job.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about just taking a back seat as far as being the face and the voice of the Cowboys and let the players do it.
Speaker 1: Let that you do realize, face, you do realize that they got guys that got way more money than Jerry, and we don't know who the hell they are.
Speaker 2: If Jerry were to move, who got more money in Jerry Man?
Speaker 1: Jerry probably the thirteenth hundred or fourteenth hundred richest person in the world.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of people that got in the world.
Speaker 4: I was. I mean, I know there is I was speaking on with the Cowboys. I thought she meane with the Cowboys organization.
Speaker 2: But why not because they don't own the cowboy.
Speaker 5: Okay, I see what you's saying. I see where you're going.
Speaker 2: That's why you think those rich people try to get those teams.
Speaker 1: That's a that's a level that and some of them, some some rich people don't want that. Some people are like, hey, I got my thirty forty fifty hundred, two hundred billion cool.
Speaker 2: I think I'm cool. I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I love my anonymity. I'm gonna go get on my you know, my three hundred four hundred.
Speaker 4: Foot yachtmber mega yacht, not just any yacht, mega yacht.
Speaker 2: Ojo. You know what to say?
Speaker 1: It is ain't no crowing on the yacht, ain't no crown on the yacht, and it ain't no crying thirty five thousand feet up on the air on the G six. They cool with that. But Jerry, Jerry is so tied to the cowboy Boys. I mean, that's his baby, Yeah, that's his baby. That's our bad that So who can tell Jerry? How about you know what?
Speaker 4: I think things will change for us as a team, as an organization, if you kind of took a backseat a little bit, if you didn't be the voice, if you didn't if you didn't say some of the things that puts a strain on the teams, that half on the team to have to go out there performed by saying things like this is one of the best defenses or this is the Super Bowl contending team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who can talk to him and you can ask you Steve. Maybe Steven is his right hand man. Steven is the guy that most of the time when you see Jerry sitting there at the podium or the desk, it is Steven next to him.
Speaker 2: Wilson.
Speaker 1: Now, he does have a a Jerry. Name is Gerald. He does have a junior, and he has a daughter, Charlotte, and I think his wife is named Jean, so uh probably probably Stephen, Probably Stephen.
Speaker 5: I mean, this would be a good time at some point. I mean, after all these years.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure how Cowboys fans feel about it, but I think maybe the direction of the team will go where it needs to go. If Jerry took a back seat and then try to take all the attention and put the owners and the pressure on the players to go out and perform and just allow them to play the game like the other thirty one teams. Dude that don't have their owners putting the pressure on them to go out there and succeed.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Ojo, when I was in Baltimore, Brian Billick did a lot of talking, so he was essentially writing checks that we had the cash, and we had a defense that could cash those.
Speaker 2: Checks or steal it. Either one y'all steal it too.
Speaker 1: So now the thing is, now, if Jerry was talking like he's talking right now in the nighties, when he had Playmaker.
Speaker 2: And Emmett and Troy and he.
Speaker 1: Had all those guys, he had Nate Newton, he had two in a he had step Nowski and Big Easy, and then you had Leon Letting. You had all those guys over the Chailey and and and and Darren Woodson and all those guys.
Speaker 2: You can do that, He gout, you, Yeah you can.
Speaker 1: But everybody said, they want to see my shirt.
Speaker 2: It's all I got for Yojo.
Speaker 4: Give undred that work Monday thirty Friday.
Speaker 2: Ain't getting nothing Friday already, know it's already the weekend. Yeah, So.
Speaker 1: Forty ninth and King donated fifty bus and he asked unking O Joe, do you think the Cowboys are better at home because of the speed of the field versus the natural term outdoor style.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is that when they go on the road, teams run the ball at him. They're a light football team. They're built on speed, and so they're predicated on having the lead. Look at the games they've lost, they had the lead. It's hard to get after the quarterback. When you down fourteen and they running the ball down, you throw. You can't sack the quarterback if he ain't got the ball. Yeah, so that's what teams are doing. Teams are putting him in a deficit. So now you got to sit in there. Because they're an undersized team, they're all about getting Hey, it's like the Floyd h I think Floyd Peters the famous sense, Hey, we're gonna we're gonna stop the running their way to the quarterback.
Speaker 2: And so that's how the Cowboys stink.
Speaker 1: Everybody's trying to sack the attack the quarterback, attack the running game on the way to the quarterback. Well, when you got guys firing off on you, Hey, you remember what d Loss said, or you hit a mofo in the mouth, and you hit them over and.
Speaker 2: Again again and again and again and again. So with a mofo lineup and they hit you in your mouth again and again and again and again.
Speaker 1: And when you try to make a power they lift your butt up and get you up out of there again, then again and again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then you got two hundred and sixty six yards.
Speaker 1: Josh Allen throw the ball fifteen times yesterday he completed five and the conditions like that, What the hell you think they're gonna do? O.
Speaker 2: Joe, you got it? Run, you got it. Run.
Speaker 1: You ain't got no choice. You ain't got no choice. I don't know what they thought was gonna happen at that point in time. And we see James Cook, We see Joe Brady relying a lot more on the run game with James Cook not only running the football, they're throwing the ball to him, allowing him to get down the field. We see him, We caught that touchdown. And see they like to play with those undersides and the third down and nickel.
Speaker 2: They like to play with undersized linebackers.
Speaker 1: You remember what Dion Dawkins did the number thirty three he walked him down the field about twenty yards eshok him on his.
Speaker 2: Head and they had to come get it. Yeah, you hurt.
Speaker 5: That's a whole that's a whole lot of weight on you.
Speaker 1: I don't care how I don't care about how big, how bad you are, But them three hundred pounds start leaning on your ass, and you two twenty and you two thirty.
Speaker 2: Bad things gonna have on Jo bathrootball game. Listen.
Speaker 5: Physics is undefeated.
Speaker 2: Physics is undefeated.
Speaker 1: Slim from the Slip from the Stick said as doing live stream is crazy. Oh yo head, look at Ben Slim slip man. You know, the old poor hustler trying to get paid. Man, Oh Joe, and I got miles to see feed. Oh Joe got like eight nine miles. I got like seven eight miles to feed.
Speaker 2: Bro eleven. You got eleven eleven. I got level. Man.
Speaker 4: We're working on working on one move eleven and the possible. Listen eleven and the possible. And I don't even play spades, damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah man, the kids expensive now, Oh, oh Joe, you remember I told you we was having a conversation the other day and we're talking about financial about people and somebody asked us, said, what did uh uh we you and I and our kids mother argue about and argue about. And I said, you know, money about private school, And people say fifteen five. I was saying, man, that ain't no money I'm paying that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: You do realize that was twenty five plus years ago. Right again, you do realize that was twenty five plus years ago. And you do realize I had three kids, So you sure that we're on the same level of playing field. Okay, now you get my point, I hope, Like when you talking about this, when we're talking about our kids, all my kids are grown. Yeah, my baby's in the last year, is about to go to residency. I'm a grad dad, so clearly I ain't got no teenagers. I mean I could theoretically, but I don't. All my kids have graduated undergrad My daughter, my youngest daughter with undergrad she got a master's. Now she's about to get a doctor. Don't come on, people, That's life. And I'm not saying that to say comparison, Like I understand that having a child now and you have to work and you have to put the kid in daycare.
Speaker 2: It's expensive. That's the number one cause to eat at finances of a family. It's day care for a child.
Speaker 1: This is expensive and you got to have somebody, and you need to have somebody that you trust to watch your child. And I get it. And it's not cheap. And that's why you know you have a couple of kids. Man, you need to be making damn near half a million dollars to have a couple of kids. Now, oh yo, it ain't like it ain't like it was when were growing up. People had kids. Like when my mom and my grandmother knew was born. That was free labor. You had work. They put your ass to work. That's what that was for. They had a bunch of kids.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: My grandma had nine kids. Yeah, and all of us had to hit the fields.
Speaker 2: That's true. Man.
Speaker 1: Look here, oh Joe, I remember this had to be how old was I? This had to be seventy three, seventy four. I'm gonna say seventy three seventy four.
Speaker 2: Right right.
Speaker 1: My granddaddy came home, he said, I want everything big enough to sop syrup, to hit that field tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Everything. Now, you know, you ain't got to be that big a soft sirup. Yeah, he showed down.
Speaker 1: Mister Joe Tatum money. I talked about him a lot because he would come by and pick us up. Now I was at the time. Now he met the older kids. I was the youngest by three years. I'm three years younger than my brother. My sister is eight years older than me. Now I got an aunt that's nine years older than me. And then I got a couple of them that was eleven, twelve, thirteen years older.
Speaker 2: Right right, he say.
Speaker 1: And so when mister Joe pulls up, I'm sitting I'm sitting on the porch.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I'm five or six years of age.
Speaker 1: He said, Bartie, what about that little fellow, he said, Joe here, he pretty little, He said, Barnaby, can find something for him to do?
Speaker 2: You find something? I'm like, what though? What? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Guess what? Walk behind the tobacco picker. I had to pick the lead that hit the ground. I had had to pick him up and take him to the guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then now we say, I had to carry a rope. Now, the roads probably was about two hundred yards long. I carry a rope by myself, saying look now, people in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. I don't know the other states, or maybe Alabama, Mississippi. But the first picking is called saying lugging. That means the leaves are closest to the ground and they're on the sand. So that's called saying lugging. Backbreaking work. But you know, you young man, I'm out there with my cousin. Hey, I'm trying to win. I bet I could beat y'all. I'm trying to I'm racing the big kids, trying. I'm trying to win. But the key the way he did, Oh Joe, mister Joe, what he would do. We would get up and the truck was back there, so we didn't have to pull the truck up. And the older kids they had done got smart. That means they had to run back there to get the truck, and they ain't want to do it. He's like, peet sondown. Won't y'all go get the truck? We five, Land is two years older than me. We five, we's five and seven, six and eight. He letting us dry, Yeah, we let us drive.
Speaker 2: Yo. I could bury this. You order stew you reach the gas, then you can reach the pedal that's why I'm saying I'm up here like this here are you're standing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm barely barely barely. The fact that he trusted enough to drive the truck at the field. Yeah, so that's where that's what we learned how to drive, drive the track, to drive all that stuff. But man, hold On, retired senior chief US Navy saying, Man, I'm gonna tell y'all I would pay for Bishop Gorman. I would pay well, man, I ain't gonna tell y'all what I would pay for Bishop Gorman here in Vegas with to go to school. He wants to go to school there for his kids to go there. Oh oh yeah, oh that's in Vegas. Yea yea, yea, yeah, yeah, yea yea. As a matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken, Randall Cunningham d m H yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I ain't gonna tell y'all what I wull pay man. Please, if it was left under me, I ain't playing with no school, man, I ain't paying with no no unless.
Speaker 2: Now it's just like where the area that we live.
Speaker 1: Because you know, back in the day, yo, couldn't you had to go into school to the.
Speaker 2: District where you went. You couldn't go across town and is it right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it say like it was the same thing at Miami it was the same thing. Like that Miami is based on address, based on your address, and tell you what you're supposed to go to. I mean, obviously, I grew up in Liberty City. Listen, and for me, I was upset. It all worked out for me on the back end at the end, my past was a little different. I lived in Liberty City. I grew up in the forties. Miami Northwestern is on seventy first Street. Miami Jackson Senior High is on thirty sixth Street. I'm supposed to be at Jackson and but Miami Northwestern was close enough for me to actually go there as well. My grandma counsel and teacher at Nautilus Middle School on Miami Beach.
Speaker 5: It's time for high school.
Speaker 2: I'm hype.
Speaker 4: I think I'm getting ready to go. I'm going to go to school with my homeboys right here in the hood. Either I'm gonna go to the West or I'm gonna go to Jackson. It's time to go to high school. This is my baby. I know you want to go to school with your fellas and your boys. But I got to keep an eye on you, and I really can't see you all the way from Miami Beach over here.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna make you go over.
Speaker 4: Here to Miami be Senior High right down the street from me, just in case that's the emergency.
Speaker 5: Ain't an emergency.
Speaker 2: Want to go.
Speaker 4: I want to go play football with my dogs. I want to play football, but home Boys. But then the hidesight on the back end. Instead of again lost in the wash of talent, playing against him was that much.
Speaker 2: Better, right? So?
Speaker 4: I mean, it hurt my feelings not to be able to play play with my people I grew up with, But playing against man, that was one of the greatest feelings.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: High school was a dope experience.
Speaker 2: I wish and now on with your high school.
Speaker 1: They give out scholarships because a lot of these high schools that you know, you uh, it costs money to go there.
Speaker 2: Man, I wasn't. First of all, we ain't got no money because it costs money. It costs money to go high school. Well, yeah about like IMG or something.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm talking about like these I like Valor, like in Colorado, Valor, that's where the McCaffrey brothers went right, right, Oh yeah, that's probably twenty five twenty five thous of a year.
Speaker 4: Whoa, come on, come on, come on, bringing back, bring it back, bringing back, bring it back.
Speaker 2: Academy is like sixty thousand of the year.
Speaker 4: Well but oh scholarships, take care yeah, funding those okay, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, because my next question was like, well, what the hell they getting they got that money from.
Speaker 1: Okay, but but a lot of parents, a lot of people play get their kids in there because I amg academy. You know, they got tennis. That's rest Just so Nick Military. I met him a couple of times, and he wanted me to come down there. Uh this, Bishop Gorman, Cunningham, Marco Murray, dtr Ronnie Stalley, Brevin Jordan all went to that high school.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, well they got some dogs came out of there now.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, but you know, you know O Joe a lot of times, and I don't have a problem with that. Sometimes, uh, people will remove their kids to duck competition. I mean I had a neighbor that he said that he was moving because he wanted to move to a smaller town to give his kid a better opportunity to play, he said, because being in Atlanta, the competition is too great.
Speaker 2: Very high.
Speaker 5: That's a good thing, though, y, that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: I ain't talking no competition, yeah you want ain't talking no competition, you got it.
Speaker 4: That's the air we in that too, man. In fact, the fact that we have participating trophies. Yeah, and we and we're praising mediocrity. Yeah, it's gonna be and.
Speaker 1: All that, all that reclassified and holding your kid back so he can be a year older. No, no, let me go. Let let me go what it meant to be, gonna beat be?
Speaker 4: Yeah, most definitely, most definitely, and playing against better competition at some point you have no choice but to get better, but to get.
Speaker 5: No choice but to get better.
Speaker 2: That's what helped me. Oh Joe, think about it.
Speaker 1: I'm playing against my brother three years older than me, my cousin two years older than me. Most of them, like Arnell was eight, was seven years older than me, Eugene six years older, Robbie was eight years older, seven years older, Bernard was four years older. So I ain't had no choice. I'm the youngest one, and them jokers call it. You know what, I'm saying I'm the last one pick. You know, I'm trying to play basketball all travel or he walked bro y'all do realize, man, I'm the youngest one out here. Ain't cutting no slack at all. Hey man, this joke is tackling me, throwing me down. Hey, but that's okay. When I got to school with kids my age, yeah, they got no chance, no chance to tackling me, no chance to beat me in basketball. Right, none of that. That ain't gonna happen. You saw this, Monte Kazi was suspended. The NFL brought the hammer down on Pittsburgh Steelers safety Demonte Kazi after his helmet helmet hit on Michael Pittman Junior and Steelers thirty to thirteen loss.
Speaker 2: On the road in Week fifteen.
Speaker 1: The league announced it's suspending Cazi for the rest of the twenty twenty three season and possibly impossible playoff game should the seven and seven Steelers reach the postseason.
Speaker 2: I saw the hit.
Speaker 4: What are you supposed to do? What are you supposed to do? Especially with that throw? What are you supposed to do? What are you supposed to do as a defender. I talked to you when Kareem Jackson got suspended for a second time. What are you supposed to do as a defender? I talked to you about the NFL and the Competition Committee obviously want to protect the players, but also handicapping the game and it becoming watered down. What are you supposed to do in that situation outside of play two hand touch?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 1: I guess the NFL said, no, we don't want you to hit him in that situation because if you hit him, we're gonna we're gonna drop the ham on you.
Speaker 4: What's gonna happen What's gonna happen when all the defensive players come together? What's gonna happen when all the defensive players come together and every time someone is in a vulnerable position where they can get a flag, they actually just tap the player, Just tap the player, like just two hand touch on purpose, just two hand touching on touch it on purpose.
Speaker 2: That's what you might as well do. That's what it's going to come to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh Joe, I think the thing is because the NFL says, look, if if there was ever such a thing as a vulnerable position, he was in it.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, that was that was the throw to the quarterback are about to dry?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you know, I understand the quarterback in our nature is that I'm trying to catch everything.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, ain't gonna lie even though I know I'm gonna get I'm gonna get leveled every time. But I want to.
Speaker 1: I always want the quarterback to believe that he could throw it to meet and good things are gonna happen. And either I'm gonna come down with it or it's gonna hit the turn. But I'm not gonna let it get in a seventh No. But that that's a tough And I feel I feel bad for Cauzi because it's not like the guy's making you know, like he made thirty million, forty million dollars right right before. I mean, you know, it's not like he got another six seven years in the NFL, oh Joe either, And so you taking you know, thirty forty fifty thousand dollars paycheck from this man maybe more?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, Oh man, it's crazy, Oh Jo, what do you do?
Speaker 1: A piece of Pauler cancels? Tommy DeVito's appearance have to do the double appearance price. Tommy Davito had a bad had a bad day on Sunday, on and off the field.
Speaker 2: A piece of place in Marstown, New.
Speaker 1: Jersey, hired the Vito for a meet and Greek took Instagram to explain the abrupt cancelation. Tommy DeVito will not be here this Tuesday as originally planned.
Speaker 2: After last week's win.
Speaker 1: We received word from his agent that the appearance fee would be doubling and went from ten thousand to twenty thousand.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: We're a small, family run business and decided that twenty thousand was a little too steep.
Speaker 2: For two hours.
Speaker 1: The post came after the Giants lost twenty four to six to the size to the Saint. Excuse me, the restaurants added, sorry about the loss today, Giants fan, but we're on a We're but we're Italian and we don't like when someone says one thing and does another.
Speaker 2: Listen. Tommy DeVito is the quarterback for the New.
Speaker 4: Yorkball Giant, Yes Football Giants. He is a face now of that franchise right now. Yesterday's price is not today's price. Now if he was still the back up, isn't that ten thousand dollars? That ten thown dollars appearance fee. I understand, Oh Joe, I get it.
Speaker 2: But they had a deal.
Speaker 1: They screenshoted text communication that said he had agreed to ten thousand.
Speaker 5: Was there was there a document? Were there was there a signed contract? A signed document?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, that's That's what I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: There was text conversation that says, Okay, we'll do it for ten thousand.
Speaker 4: Oh you just said text conversation that ain'tna work. That ain't gonna work in court. Actually, we need we need documentations.
Speaker 2: No, it's not a documentation. Oh Choe. If I tell you what, Oh Joe, I'll tell you what you do. Tell me.
Speaker 1: You're gonna tell me. You're gonna tell me you're gonna give me one hundred thousand dollars if this show takes off and then all of a sudden, the show takes off and I don't give it to you. And I got tech, We got text conversation that will absolutely hold up in court.
Speaker 4: Oh No, all I can say was Thomas videos he is, he is Tom, and Devido is the quarterback for the New York Football Giants.
Speaker 5: And Yesterday's it's not the day's price.
Speaker 4: So I have a better understanding of what he's doing and why he's doing it because the value has increased because you are now the starter.
Speaker 2: O Jo.
Speaker 1: If you give so oho, I did it? Ojo, I hear I'm saying. Let's just say, for the sake of argument, Ojo. One, an appearance feed for Shannon Sharp in twenty twenty three is different than it was in twenty twenty four. But if I had agreed to it, and the price in twenty twenty four is going to be a difference in twenty twenty three. I've agreed to some appearances in twenty twenty four, but I signed them. I agreed to them in twenty twenty three. I gave them people. I gave them people my word. You got okay, I will do it for that, for that number. Now think about it. Think about now we got This was before Nightcap, This was before I had the ESPN deal. This was before I was voted complex uh personality.
Speaker 5: Number one, I get number one.
Speaker 2: I gave them people my word.
Speaker 1: I would do it for that m Now I could man, Hey, man, look at all of what i'ven'd gotten now, so the price it goes up.
Speaker 2: Your value, Your value has increased, and that's okay. That's what I get. My word is everything. If you ain't got your word, you ain't got nothing. No joke, oh your work?
Speaker 4: Oh wait a minute, because not I got you in a pickle. If your word is everything, I would have been on first take by now.
Speaker 1: I told you once I get in good, I ain't in good. It's been goddamn seven months.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you do realize I'm on a date. I got days. I ain't got no year contract, I got days.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're gonna work. We're gonak were gonna work. We're gonna work on a full time contract. We're gonna work on that, oh man.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact. Matter of fact.
Speaker 4: If the bosses, if the bosses come to you or Stephen, they come to you about doing full time, make sure we're package deal?
Speaker 2: What kind of package package?
Speaker 4: Because yeah, yeah, because if you if you're going where, if if you're hiring me, you got to bring your wish.
Speaker 1: You uh you know, O Joe, you know I was gonna be a what you call them? Because you do know? Have you ever heard of a thing of a verbal contract?
Speaker 2: Right right? Yeah? It doesn't need it. Everything doesn't need to be on this mm hmm.
Speaker 4: You think them text messages really hold up in the corn alone. Now, I'm not saying it's going to that magnitude, but you think that that'll really hold up?
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 1: Do you know how many businesses have been split on a verbal contract or or text email?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, okay, that's the first thing they say, be careful, Anthony, Anthony, it was got himself into a situation. That's my dog and he has he has a a girlfriend. Yeah, and I guess another female and both of them is pregnant. And what happened?
Speaker 2: I think the girl? Come on now, come back to me, Come on back home, baby.
Speaker 1: You got a girl, He got a girlfriend. Okay, you got a girlfriend. Okay, slow down for me. At a side piece, okay, okay, okay. If I'm not mistaken, if I'm correct, the girlfriend posted that she's pregnant.
Speaker 2: The girl Okay, Anthony, I'm lost. What do you mean you lost out?
Speaker 1: Well, you mess you got real real post on I g she pregnant. The next thing, you know, the side piece you messed with, she posted she pregnant too. No, I don't even like I don't even like that hapathetical.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 4: You know what God, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, because you know you ain't fine, wish that William God.
Speaker 2: Devil, don't play, don't do it.
Speaker 4: Maybe I know you in the chat, baby, don't make don't pay him no mind, honey, no.
Speaker 2: Uh but now which I'm which, I'm with you now though I'm with you not.
Speaker 1: Anthony Edward gave a statement of day after woman released screenshots of texting showing him pressing her to get an abortion.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Alsopposed to the screenshot of an alleged WY transfer of one hundred K he said. He said, I made comments in the heat of the moment that I'm not me and i'm and that I'm not aligned with I believe who I am and who I want to be as a man. All women should be supported and empowered to make their own decisions about their bodies and what is best for them. I'm handling my personal matters privately and will not be commenting on them any further at this time.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, let me drop that down real quickly. Yeah, because I like I like the wordplay he used right there. I like that wordplay, yes, suh, Okay, fine, I like that, and so I'm I'm I'm assuming this, this young lady that is the peace side, she purposely put everything out to put the pressure back on him because she had already made.
Speaker 5: The decision up in her mind. Because if she was for him in.
Speaker 4: Understanding the situation that he was in, even though he put himself in that situation. Yes, Uh, she sees the dollar signs and I don't think I'm sure maybe he did understand, brother Anthony Anthony Edwards, that.
Speaker 2: That she was in it not for for you, but what you can do, you know. And she had she had an end goal.
Speaker 4: Most of them always have it in goal, and she reached that end goal. Uh, Anthony Edwards made a mistake. Anthony ed was as as young we we we all make those mistakes.
Speaker 2: And I think I think you have to live with you got you got to live with this one.
Speaker 1: Oh Jo, I think you and I are very very well equipped because you and I both have kids from multiple women. Oh yeah, very close proximity. And I'm not so sure had the situation had this been social social media back there, I'm not so sure they might not have put us on blast.
Speaker 2: But that's okay. I don't have no problems. I don't have I have very few problems.
Speaker 4: My foundation is together, my founder, all work is one uniting.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, and.
Speaker 1: This is what I always tell guys, be careful how you talk because everything is screenshotted, everything is saved. And so the moment you make someone mad, it takes a special type of person not to not to damage the brand, not to blow up the spot when they get upset. Now, she might come around says I'm sorry, but the damage is done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, that's difference. Listen, it's a difference.
Speaker 4: It's a difference in understanding the individuals that you deal with, or understanding the dynamic of the type of individual you're dealing with based on.
Speaker 2: Who we are and what they have going on.
Speaker 4: If you're dealing if you're dealing with women, if you're different, listen to b Chat stay with me, baby. If you're dealing with women that have something to lose, understand when things don't go their way and situations aren't beneficial and the opportunity that presents itself based on the end goal and the vision that they have in mind, then everything.
Speaker 2: Turns for the worst.
Speaker 4: Yes, because you you're no longer You're no longer the escape, not the scapegoat.
Speaker 5: What's the word looking for? What's the word looking for?
Speaker 2: Chad?
Speaker 4: Come on, search search search, search search. The opportunity is gone, right. They don't want to You don't want to lose your goal.
Speaker 2: No, no, what you want? What you want to say? You the meal ticket?
Speaker 5: Oh god, damn it, there you go. Well, I'm glad, but you you pull You pulled it right off you. I couldn't. I couldn't even get it. You pulled it right out, right off my tongue.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's it's important and I preach it every blue moon. Assets and liability, assets and liabilities. Based on who you're dealing with, you know, if somebody should take serious or somebody for fun. Okay, you know what, understand what you're dealing with before you even talk to them, right, that's for fun. Enjoy your fun and a respectful way. And that's okay. There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Based on what she got going on, oh yeah, we could take we could take this serious. This is serious, this is something I can build.
Speaker 1: I just hate I just hate that because no matter what, you keep the child, you do what, like you said, it's her decision.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day.
Speaker 1: This should have been handled between you and Ant. If you chose to keep it, that's between you and Ant. You chose to do what you wanted to do, that's between you and And the way would about.
Speaker 2: It because it was never about and in the first place, you know that it was never about and in the first place, if it was based on what Ann has.
Speaker 4: Going on, then the rest of the world woudn't even know about it. I agree, would we would we wouldn't know about it?
Speaker 1: No, no, But you know, feelings got involved, you know you no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, no, ain't no feelings.
Speaker 4: You know what time it is. Understand the play The game is the game. The game has always been the game. The game hasn't changed ever.
Speaker 2: It always been that. You know what the end goal is. You understand the dynamic of the type of women you're dealing with, and you know what the end goal is.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, you live with that because you know it. You got to play the game the right way. It's chess, it's not checkers. The game hasn't changed and it never has. It will always be the same. Certain types deal with certain type of men for the opportunity and the chance at if you mess up and you get pregnant. They said, I'm good. And with the first thing they do, they expose you. They put your blast, not the money. That's what it comes, that's what that's that's the end goal at the end of the day, always is, you know, we come out with the soft stories. Oh my god, like stop, you know what it is.
Speaker 2: It's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 1: I just feel you know, I just hey, just keep your head up. It is gonna be the son's gonna come up tomorrow. You're still gonna be Anthony Edwards. You're still gonna be called the ad man. Just go out there and play your game. It doesn't hey, bro, we're human here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we all make mistakes. Yeah, they made mistakes though, them angels, them blessings. I'm talking about him. I'm talking about this general. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah too.
Speaker 4: But I'm just saying in general, based on how you might see it, a basic how based on how people the chat or people in the world might see it. All you got this so and so, fuck that, fuck that part. That part's done. I'm talking about that loew One. I'm talking about that little angel that's on the way right, that's blessing.
Speaker 2: Right, it's a blessing. That's a that's a whole new chapter. I like that.
Speaker 1: But here's but here is the thing, though, old Joe. Once you screenshot of that, that's there forever. Now, somebody's gonna come back and show that your dad didn't even want you. See you gotta think of See you got everybody.
Speaker 2: Everybody thinks just right now. But I'm telling you, I'm telling you how you got to think. This is a child.
Speaker 1: Everything is now saved on the internet for perpetuity, right, So you have to be mindful of what you say, how you say it, because at the end of the day, you think you might be talking to that individual, the little ear is gonna see the little ear is gonna hear it, the little eye is gonna see. Then what Yeah, you know, you know, I ain't tell you. I ain't telling you something somebody told me. I'm telling you what I know.
Speaker 5: No, Yeah, you know it's important.
Speaker 4: You know it's important too, especially for those when you get a little money and you want to leave off the front porch. You know, I I think one of the most important things that we can do and one of the most important things that we should do, and this is for athletes coming up, those that might make it to the NBA, might make it to the NFL.
Speaker 5: I think it would behoove you to always get serious.
Speaker 4: With someone that was there in your corner, in your corner before you made it, m hm, in your corner before you made it.
Speaker 5: I think that's very important.
Speaker 4: I think that's very imperative because those that you meet once you've already made it, in general, I'm not sure they have your best interest at heart. I just don't think so. I don't think so, no matter how much you may think they do. Those that were in your corner when you have ship, when you had a pot to pissing or window the throw it out of Yeah, that's who I think athletes, NBA players, entertainers should deal with and marry and want to build an empire and foundation with.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's just that's that's what I think.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing.
Speaker 1: How many times have we seen the story? We think about it often, o Jo. But you know what I tell people, I mean, you think the moth wants to go to the flame. He can't help what he's attracted to, even though he's going to end up killing him.
Speaker 2: Say that likes what he likes. He cannot help it, he cannot control it.
Speaker 4: Will you be getting the ship from Say that one more time? By that Math, Come on, nigga, you actually back to me. Do you actually think the math really wants to go to the flame. He cannot help himself. Individuals they like what they like? You see, Oh, Joe, I mean just like I don't know, Like for me, I wanted to Rolex. I wanted a Ferrari because that was a symbolism that I had made it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Some people want to get the girl that they never would have had an opportunity to get. That's a good one. I want to get the big house. That's a big house that I would never been had an opportunity to get. Or I want to get the car.
Speaker 2: Can't help it? Yeah, like what you like?
Speaker 4: Oh, y'all have a cassing even understand and knowing what you like and liking what you like and once you getting the money and knowing you have access to what most would view as better would be prettier. You know, is there an understanding as well in understanding that these individuals that you're going to and you're able to have access to and attain Is there a great understanding and knowing that they are not with you for you?
Speaker 2: But what you can do? Do they do? They know that? I'm just asking, does common sense setting and understand the game. I don't want to I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Generalize or stereotype or and say everybody is like that, because I'm a firm believing we tight this conversational.
Speaker 2: Joe, Well we've been We've been in this lifestyle way too long.
Speaker 5: Now, don't you do that to me?
Speaker 2: Come on now, yes, so you believe, you believe real with you because of who you are, what you have real.
Speaker 4: Well, god, sh that's the hard one. This mother for ooh well, almost cursed again. Excuse me, excuse me my language. This motherfucker making more.
Speaker 5: To me right now.
Speaker 2: So that can't be. But what you have already made, You've already got a nice little bankroll. You're sitting. No, no, Joe, come on, I got listen. I got a nice little nest. Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, go ahead, But you know what, I just like I said, I just want, I want what's best for a man. He'll get over this. I mean just look, I mean you embarrassed you.
Speaker 1: The biggest thing is the embarrassment that you feel right now because you what we say, you got caught with your pants down, because nobody knew. Nobody knows unless it comes to the light. And she brought it to the light. Why because she's upset with you and because your girlfriend and she's like, oh what about me? And she wants she wants you.
Speaker 5: To hurt like you hurt her, you know what, And you think about it. I mean, the situation is is not.
Speaker 4: He can't lose his job over this, but you think about dealing with people that have something to lose and people that have nothing to lose.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're ruined everything for those that.
Speaker 1: Ye sometimes they're burned.
Speaker 4: They'll burn your whole, your whole empire down because they're upset and they don't think logically. They're stuck in the now and not the long term effect of well, you know, if I hit sin, you know, it could affect it could affect a whole lot of people.
Speaker 2: You know, people don't think about that. You know, some people will sink your boat just because you won't let them drive it.
Speaker 1: Oh ship, Oh man, you're in the middle old and you won't sink the whole thing because I won't let you drive drive and we all drown, we all perished.
Speaker 2: You willing to do that.
Speaker 1: I just want look, I just I just look. I just think that for me personally, I just believe they could. There's a better way to handle every situation, no matter what it is. Everything doesn't have to go through the public, right, So why can't you go to him? Okay, I'm gonna keep the child.
Speaker 2: Mm But this is a funny thing.
Speaker 4: Sometimes sometimes it's women and I'm and now I can be on this side. They can have a viewpoint on something and the man could be forcing the issue and they really can't get through to him and getting him to understand, well, I'm giving you the hint on what I really want to do.
Speaker 2: That don't piss me off.
Speaker 4: Now, if I can't get through to you, well I'm gonna go. I'm gonna get through you do this way and put everybody else in our business. And that's the way to get your attention. But on the back end, maybe not in this situation. It ends up hurting most in the long run or sometimes in the short term, because certain things like that can ruin opportunities.
Speaker 2: It can ruin chances and ruin.
Speaker 1: The relationship at the beginning, and eventually, you know, when you're young and somebody do some stuff like that, you.
Speaker 2: Like, forget you and that child. Yeah, yeah, and so.
Speaker 1: But the thing is hopefully as he matures and like I said, he grows up and he understands that's my offspring, and I want what's best for him or her. I want a healthy child, and I'm gonna love that child, even though the child was not conceived or born under ideal circumstances.
Speaker 2: It's here now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my job is to love cherishing and to make sure it's protected and have the best of what I can provide.
Speaker 5: Listen, the funny thing about it, everybody love you.
Speaker 4: Everybody love you when opportunity presents itself and it's convenient and it's beneficial. And I had this one that I had this this wonderful, this wonderful saying from a dude, a dude on Twitter, man Triac.
Speaker 6: He always said, loyalty, loyalty. Loyalty is nothing but a word in a dictionary. In a dictionary, loyalty is nothing but a word in a dictionary. Between opportunity and convenience, as long as there's opportunity and it's convenienced.
Speaker 4: Oh, we all loyal, We we all loyal when it's beneficial. But the minute it's not beneficial. Ship, Well, you know how many women behave themselves based on the individuals that they're dealing with because the situation opportunity that presents itself with a chance to me finding this again, are slim and none.
Speaker 5: So you got damn write them act right.
Speaker 2: Until it's not convenient for the time to act right. Oh you talk about flip and act a fucking fool o.
Speaker 1: The cash careers jump back in and said, oh, Joe, you sharing the personality genuine make me laugh the stories on top of the sports talk or clutch. If TV were to limit this great duo, don't do it. Uh we we we definitely thought about that, and so we're definitely gonna be who we are. Unculture Jay said, unkin oho, what are some of the things people don't think, don't think you like, but you actually do? Movies, TV shows, music, food, et cetera. Also, Joe tried out this new game called the Finals. Think you would enjoy it?
Speaker 2: The Finals?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, Hey, that's a good question about things that I would like that people would know.
Speaker 2: I think my taste in music, taste, my taste in the arts. No, no, no, listen to my taste in arts. I know the chat.
Speaker 4: Anybody in the chat know about Alvin Ellie. I love dance, I love I love, I love Alvin Ellie. Obviously, my my favorite piece from Alvin Elli Revelations. I can do revelations on my well, obviously you know I have a background in ballet and dance anyway, But that's that's that's needed. Hear no there, but yo, miss Judith Jamison and mister Robert Battle. I have been a fan of a Lely since nineteen eighty eight. I was able to see Alvin Ellie at the Gusman Theater in Miami in nineteen eighty eight. My grandma forced me to go, Why are you making me go watch dance? I don't want to go see no dance. I don't want to go see it now, that kind of dance.
Speaker 2: No. Absolutely in eighty eight. Do you know how young I was? I'm not, come on, man? What she took me to see album nearly at the Gustment Theater in eighty eight?
Speaker 5: Man, Oh my fucking.
Speaker 4: God, booked when I just told you I can do every piece of Revelations by hard Man, love him to death, my musical choice. They hate me when I was playing with the Bengals. Whoever gets to the stadium first, gets to the speaker and has it surround sound gets to play what they want to play, because you're first, and obviously seniority rules based on how long you've been there.
Speaker 2: You walking there.
Speaker 4: One day I'm playing Sinatra, one day I'm playing Andrea Picelli playing goddamn. One day I'm playing jazz. One day I'm playing Beethoven. They hated that because I got ready for football games in a different way. I couldn't listen to rap. I needed to be very calm because I talked shit all goddamn week.
Speaker 2: Now I got to go out there and back it up. And the last thing I need to be is rock. Oh no, no boy? Yeah? What's your favorite TV show? Oh?
Speaker 4: Sad for the Sun, Good Times, Martin Cosby Show, especially Cosby showed the episode when Lassi though Domingo was on there. I don't know if you can remember anything, Bessie Mucho to Claire Huxtable. Yeah, Chad, if you see that, you got just go to YouTube me watch that part. Placido Domingo sings bessiem Mucho to Claire Huxtable and Colombo.
Speaker 5: If you look at you know, you.
Speaker 4: Notice on my Twitter, my Twitter Abby is a picture of Colombo with my face. Colombo is my favorite favorite TV series of all time.
Speaker 2: Favorite.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, obviously I liked all the good that was when all the All in the Family and the Jefferson's and the Good Times, all those I forgot if I go, I mean, I love Ozark, Snowfall, oh so Linking Lawyer. I love the Lincoln Lawyer. Uh Snowfall. I'm watching this right now. It's called I think it's called The Family on b E T. It's good Man Sasha in Paris. Yeah wait the Family. Is this a family oriented oriented type show? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a it's a it's a Ernie Hudson. Who's in Ernie Hudson, Tammy rowing. Lisa Ray just came on, Michael J. Michael J. White. I mean, man, look, I only watch it when I go, when I go see hey Tasha, I know you watch it when I go get my nails done.
Speaker 2: That Tasha's and so she told me, I can't watch it. I can't watch it at home, so I only watch it.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna take me probably like three years to watch the season because only watching for the hour and a half that I'm there. But it's a great show. I really, I really like that show. But I really don't watch a whole lot of TV. Oh show, if it's not sports, I don't really watch it. If it's not sports.
Speaker 4: Oh man, gotta you, gotta get you, gotta get into it. I didn't listen when the pandemic hit. When the pandemic hit, I used Twitter to get a little bit more well cultured with such things that I hadn't seen.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna see him, lie to you. I saw the wire when the pandemic hit.
Speaker 4: I sat there and beans watched the wire and tweeted the whole throughout the whole wire, me not realizing why the fuck is everybody got damn clothes so baggy.
Speaker 2: This ship was filmed way.
Speaker 4: Back in the day when I was when I was playing yes, and I never saw it until the pandemic hit.
Speaker 2: I used Twitter with some good things.
Speaker 4: I could have watched ozark Ore and.
Speaker 2: Ruth was the real deal. Boy, what about what about Queen of the South. Did you watch Queen of the South? I did. Queen Queen of the South was good.
Speaker 5: That's another one. What else I saw on Netflix?
Speaker 2: I've watched a little bit. I got into a little bit of Queen Charlotte too. Oh I ain't never heard that one. Yeah, Hey, did you see beef? You saw beef? I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 5: Well, you got to see beef.
Speaker 4: It's funny, little little little comedic, you know, a little fun Hey, beef is really good, very very very good, very funny, very funny.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying. I'm trying to think what else good times? All in the Family.
Speaker 4: Hey, you remember the all of All in the Family episode with Sammy David Jr.
Speaker 1: Because you know nor they used to say back then, Oh yeah, they say the N I G G E R. You are white yard. Yeah, they call you. They call you the holl And and and and the and the Cracker. They call you all like everything. And we didn't know any better. But I mean, the times are bold, and they don't say that anymore. They used to say grow Yeah on television spa they say all that stuff crazy. Your hair is the thing, you know. All that really spun off of all in the family. When you look at the Jeffersons and you look at good times, because Florida Evans was a maid on all of the family, you got always, you got good times normally started that mall b Arthur Mard yep all day.
Speaker 5: Okay, I ain't know that. I never saw I never saw miss mister Esther roll On.
Speaker 2: I ain't know that.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, uh.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Jared Gaither asked bunking on your in family feud, which family members are you choosing and who to win?
Speaker 2: Love the show Fellas and that's the family feud. No, you know it's not fair.
Speaker 5: What my mama not here, right? My grandma not here? Man, You're not thinking them on there.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying if they were here, rest in peace. Those are the type of people that I would need on family feud. My grandma smart, Oh, she's shop.
Speaker 2: She shot.
Speaker 1: Asking the topic, asking these questions about today's time. Man, Grant ain't gonna be asking them questions. I ain't even thinking about taking my great ain't.
Speaker 2: In Mama and Dad we're gonna take uh. If my sister wants to go, I'll take her, but she's probably gonna I want. I know my kids to the pressure. I know my kids the pressure.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take my three kids, so I only got one person left. My brother ain't gonna My brother ain't gonna want to go. You know who I'm gonna take. I'm gonna take my uh, I'm gonna take my cousin. I'm gonna take Mud, I'm gonna take semya.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think, you know, you know how I'm okay, I'm now let me get deep into my family.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking people on family.
Speaker 4: Few family members of mine that have great critical thinking skills right and pressure situations. Yes, I have a cousin, mh a cousin, Lisa Dingle. I know Lisa, gonna see that. She's a teacher.
Speaker 2: Lisa is very smart, brilliant mind. She's going with me.
Speaker 5: That's one uh.
Speaker 4: Real, you gotta take real, real, brilliant mind, very smart, very smart.
Speaker 2: Teaching me a few things because I thought I knew it all. I need two more. I'm taking.
Speaker 4: I'm taking a little I'm taking a little brother, Chauncey, Chauncey. I know you're watching this, baby, I love you. I'm taking my little brother, Chauncey. Mad Now wait, wait, wait, I'm oh, you know, one of my kids going, I know which one's gonna go down, but the other one they're not gonna be mad because they're not gonna be able to do it.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna be able to do.
Speaker 4: It in that type of presures situation and having the critical thing and skills to be able to answer on Q very fast like that.
Speaker 5: My oldest daughter, Jakiro. Okay, that's that's that's our thing that.
Speaker 1: We asked one hundred people to top five as on the board. They be coming up all old you, I think I might get you? And what family feud?
Speaker 2: Oh no, boy, that's what.
Speaker 1: I do by jeopardy and family feud that you know, good will, you're not about to beat me in no Jeopardy.
Speaker 2: That I used to sit there watch Jeffrey with my grandma every day. O Joe, I actually went on Jeopardy in one. Yeah, but you know they cheated. Yeah, on Jeopardy, they gave you the answers ahead of time.
Speaker 1: And see here's the thing though, Oh Joe, you can't ring in because if you ring in before he asked the finished answer the question, its god.
Speaker 2: It locks y'all. Oh for real? Yeah, Okay, that's a good one. I like that.
Speaker 1: T Jhilsworth asked, what's the best take you've heard from another analyst on either of your show or shows? Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, I don't know about you, but I don't really listen to anybody else's take. I listen. I listen all y'all. I listened all y'all. I do I like I like him what I say I like.
Speaker 5: I like him with stephen A. That the funniest one I like about it.
Speaker 4: Everybody takes different, Yes, everybody takes different. That the delivery might be the delivery might be the same, but the way it's said, the way it said is completely different. But everybody's saying the same thing at times.
Speaker 2: Now. I think the person with the worst takes I love him to death. I love him to death. That's my guy.
Speaker 4: But Lashawan mccoye, Hey, but Lashawan, funny boy.
Speaker 5: Lashawn is so funny and he'd be dead ass serious.
Speaker 4: But he gonna go all the way opposite everybody else every goddamn time, trying to Hey, he is funny. I listen to Richard Sherman. I listened to Skip. I listen or losty Ryan Clark Swag who I like Swago, Yeah, swagg he nice.
Speaker 1: Oh, I ain't gonna lie. I don't listen to anybody when I come, when I come into the room, everybody. There's no sound on when I when I go to work, ain't no sound on when I go into the green room, Ain't no sound on when I'm home, ain't no sound on. Right, I don't hear what anybody. I don't hear what anybody said. I don't know what they say.
Speaker 2: Whatever you say, your first thought is always exactly how you here, based.
Speaker 1: On what you've seen, based on what I say. Nobody's gonna influence me a change. I might agree, I might disagree. We might be close, Like you said, we might be close, and a lot of what we say. Maybe my word and how I get to my point is different.
Speaker 2: But I don't. I don't really listen to anybody.
Speaker 1: Now, having been at ESPN and having met the guys and having gone up against it, you know, Ryan H R C and d O H. I've been on once with swagu uh P, Matt, Pat McAfee, uh Saturday, Jeff Saturday. But as far as like listening to what anybody else have to say.
Speaker 2: I don't. Yeah, that's good. I want my I want my thoughts to be original.
Speaker 1: Red red line one G says I'm curious where you get that necklace from.
Speaker 2: It's uh you stay dripped out? Well what that is? What Nicholas you talking about? I ain't got no necklace on mane. Let me let me see that look like look at I saw some ruby, I saw some rubies and little little jemstone look something.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Hey, well you can't. You can't have money, bro, when it's coming and you can't hide it. Bro, I see you look good?
Speaker 2: Now, you know this is the only thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, this, this and this watch was the only thing I had on when my house got broken into and got robbed all my stuff.
Speaker 2: Hey, but you had insurance or right? Yeah for sure? Okay, okay, oh Joe, But you know what, It's not about the assurance. I hate that. It's the violation of somebody coming in and taking taking your you know issue. You know what happened. See you don't move like that.
Speaker 4: But when it comes to rappers or entertainers or athletes, that always that always have entourages. Whenever somebody house or some type of place that gets broken into, it's always somebody in your camp.
Speaker 5: It's always the people closest.
Speaker 2: To you that do it.
Speaker 4: But with you, that's that's a that's a difference because you don't you.
Speaker 2: Don't move like that. You have I ain't have nobody. I mean time is right in the house. Who did it?
Speaker 1: Nah? They said there's there's gang that's going around. Oh oh yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, I know what you mean. And a lot and a lot of there are several houses in this area that had gotten broken into.
Speaker 2: So it is what it is? Uh what else we got? Ok o?
Speaker 1: Joe Winfrey, how do you stop being promiscuous and focused on building meaningful relationships? I've ended several relationships with a woman who were wife material.
Speaker 2: And how do I work on it? Love? Y'all? Let me?
Speaker 1: I Oh, you can ask him ask answer the question however he chooses. But for me and being where I am in life now, it's tough to trust, man, It really is.
Speaker 2: It really is. And the vetting process that I.
Speaker 1: Could have gone through or I should have gone through, uh when I was in college or my first couple of years the league before I became what I later became.
Speaker 2: It's hard, man, It's hard.
Speaker 1: And everybody and and even even when things are at their best, when someone gets mad at you, they'll turn.
Speaker 2: And they'll do things that you like. I never thought if somebody how to put everything out on that. You have never did this to me.
Speaker 1: So when someone says, oh, I wouldn't do that, I'm oh, Joe, I've been done saying what a person will or won't do, because you have no idea under circumstances what a person will or won't do.
Speaker 2: You don't. Yeah, you don't. You don't.
Speaker 4: You never know, you know, you you never know. And that's a scary part. That's a scary part because human nature. Human nature is unpredictable. Yes, human nature is unpredictable. I don't care how much someone says they love you. Yes, human error stay with me now. Human error is inevitable. I don't care how much someone says they love you. Yeah, it doesn't matter. We all make mistakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And when someone gets you get married, you can been married with that person five or six years. Divorce is Divorce is the worst thing because the woman gives half your money and take all the huha.
Speaker 2: That is a good trade off, O, Joe. It ain't.
Speaker 5: That's why, that's why, that's that's why you think I ain't saying.
Speaker 2: I ain't.
Speaker 4: If at any point she may decide, you know what, baby, I don't love you no more. I don't feel the same way I did about you six seven years ago. Well you know what, if you pay me to leave, you got to pay.
Speaker 2: Me to leave.
Speaker 5: I need, I need her and I want I want the baby, the baby staying with me.
Speaker 2: Ah, bab, you just tried to hurt. Now, you just trying to hurt d I ain't trying to hurt. I ain't trying to hurt.
Speaker 4: Why no, because I I that's my responsibility. That's that's my responsibility.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 4: Because I also wanted I also want a spout, the support, spousal support, so I want the baby with me.
Speaker 2: So you are child support too? Uh oh yeah, child support? Yeah? Man.
Speaker 4: The lifestyle that she has provided, in the comfortable lifestyle that I get to live now because I have someone, you know, that's.
Speaker 2: Doing better than me.
Speaker 4: I'm enjoying this and I don't want to lose that lifestyle. What I mean, they do it to us, They do it to us all the time. Uh wow, wild cookie, said Uncle Ocho. Yesterday, I left my sixteen year old b Sean, Luna, go take her rest.
Speaker 2: She was so special. I'm heartbroken. Bro.
Speaker 1: You ain't got to tell me. You ain't gotta tell me nothing about putting dogs down, because what kind of dog be Sean Preze.
Speaker 4: Oh man, beautiful white, beautiful white, yes, beautiful, Yes, damn boy.
Speaker 1: He said, but you, but you are cutting over coach Prime. Last night made me laugh through my tears.
Speaker 2: Think up.
Speaker 1: Luna slept in my bed, no questions asked, bad look here like I said, Oh Joe, and I tell this is one of my one of my favorite quotes.
Speaker 2: Don't don't.
Speaker 4: Don't do it because you're gonna make You're gonna have me crying again. Now you had me, You had me crying last time you talk about them dogs.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oscar Ramero once said, he said, some things can only be seen through the eyes that will cry. Sometimes a person can cry and you don't understand until those very tales have been in your eyes. For a very similar reason. So when he said some things can only be seen through the eyes of cry, Caesaralmaro, Now caesaral Mero, he's the uh.
Speaker 2: He was a he was an archbishop. I think it's it's it's caesaral Mero. Mm hmm. He's an archbishop.
Speaker 4: Oh, I need some tissue, but you fu you real quick. But you know, look, man, I got need some tissue for real man. Y'all y'all messing. I'm a goddamn Matt Carroll.
Speaker 1: Man Oscar Romero, I thought, so. Yeah, he's a large bishop right Central America.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Caesar Romero was the.
Speaker 1: Guy that played the Joker in the original Batman. Oh, O, g oho, you remember how do you do stop number eighty five? I borrowed that in high school? How do you stop number four? And mom wrote it on a car. The opposing team seen it, and I felt some type of way. I tore her, you know what up?
Speaker 2: Mom?
Speaker 1: Put you out there? Yeah, but you do it all that talking? She said, I want to see what you.
Speaker 2: What you what you bout? What what happened? I missed that. When I missed it, I had the white materia. I had the white materias real quick.
Speaker 1: He said, O, g oho, you remember how you how you do the stop eighty five? I borrowed that in high school? How do you stop number four? And my mom wrote it on her car. The opposing team seen it. I felt some type of way I tore they you he said, I tore there. You know what?
Speaker 2: Oh, so he backed it up. He backed it up. There we go. That's all to come down to. If you if you talk it, you gotta walk it. Every time U G Firm says what they do.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, I'm from the city seventy ninth and fourteen where they do Home team. Wanted to ask if you ever made amends with Rabu Cannon, make amends for.
Speaker 2: What he's the real deer. I love I love Ray.
Speaker 1: You played against Ray. Y'all had problems on the field. Look in the UH in the second super Bowl, you know Ray Ray? Would You have to understand Ray was at Indy so they ain't won.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 1: So this is the first time that he's been in the media. This is the first time that you know, he's gonna get some attention. So ain't nobody thinking about Ray? Everybody we the overwhelming favorite. We mabe, I mean, we broke. We had just snapped the UH. The NF seats fourteen year reign. So the previous fourteen Super Bow, the NFC won and they weren't close. With the exception of the ninety Super Bowl in which the Giants, I think the Giants won twenty nineteen. All the rest of them been blow out fifty five, ten forty five, ten thirty five, this, you know this. You know Cowboys one fifty five nineteen and all. So the game weren't closed. We beat Green May thirty one, twenty four. We're coming back repeat, about to make history because you know, Mike told us, say, if you want to be remembered, you gotta go back to back.
Speaker 2: We gotta do this thing back to back. So that was on our mind, and you know, he started.
Speaker 1: Popping off, you know, getting a little you know, he came out there with a dog collar, talk like they the underdog. The best thing happened to them. I got hurt. Had I not got hurt, I was gonna be the MVP. I'll go tell I will go tell.
Speaker 2: You for get you for get a boy, that bitness because we had played them the year before.
Speaker 1: I went for like five for a buck, ten on a tub, right man, We gonna, man, we're gonna do a number on them because we already knew they was gonna get up to start TV, and so we're gonna have to throw football John ended up winning MVP. Rod Smith had an eighty yard touchdown. I mean, yeah, we can go do a number on him. But I ain't got no problem with Ray. I talked to him. I haven't. I don't know where he is now. He was in Atlanta a couple of years, you know, after that's happened here, and we had a conversation.
Speaker 2: But we ain't. I ain't got no beat.
Speaker 1: Michael Ruben Robin says, Oh, Joe, how did you become the go route runner?
Speaker 2: He didn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good that's how you do what I'm saying. That's a good question. Man, working up work, working on working on my craft. You know, it's funny who doesn't get the credit. And I'm so glad I can say this for those in the chat, the people that might not might not know. I know, there are there are many football players in here that are watching. The person responsible for my success, and I'm gonna say with my route runner that helped me out started in nineteen ninety seven, Charles Collins.
Speaker 2: If you don't know who Charles Collins.
Speaker 4: Is, we started something called Phenom Factory back in the day, back in La when I was in La, I lived you know. Obviously back I lived in the jungles in the third building right off Coliseum, across from Dorsey. Charles Collins is responsible for my route running. He gave me a formula. He gave me a formula with the cones and the ladders, and I took that formula and I didn't just work when we had to work, and we had to train, and I did it over and over and over and over until it became muscle memory and it became routine.
Speaker 2: Not only did it become routine, I became it became a habit.
Speaker 4: In such a habit where I was telling people my route right before the snap of the ball in confidence, knowing that I would still be I would still be able to get open because they probably thought I was lying anyway.
Speaker 2: They probably thought I was lying anyway. So it was a mind game. It was. It was. It was, It was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: It was a mental game of mental gymnastics, like I call it. And it worked every time. Thought my feet had a mine of the own, don't Sometimes I didn't even know it was wrong. I thought they had they had a mine of their own. It was I don't know, it was crazy, but I hone that craft for years for it even looked like it did once I got.
Speaker 5: To the pinnacle. What's that called the NFL.
Speaker 2: That was a lot of work, man, shit not I think, of course, Oh my god, that's a lot of work.
Speaker 1: Well, they said, you become great at something, you have to do it for ten thousand hours. Yeah, but you can't stop doing it once you master the craft.
Speaker 2: That's your art.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: You know what happened now when the engine the engine get a little old, Now that thing or run like I used to now, but that was to get a little old and beat up Ojo.
Speaker 1: But see, that's why you probably was able to play as long as you did play because what got me through Ojo, is that I understood that my athleticism was going to wage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my technique.
Speaker 1: I wasn't gonna be able to be fast. I wasn't gonna be able to outrun everybody. I wasn't gonna be as strong as everybody. But if I was technically sound, yeah that's gonna Why how you think, Brady, how you think many play all these years didn't have the athletic because they never relied on athletal cisms. Yes, I did rely on some athleticism but I was technically sound dropped the hips in and out. You know, A if I'm running the seven rounds, I'm gonna give you two step. I'm gonna give you two three steps to the pole, and I'm gonna every time, and then you're gonna be right there and then I'm going right here to the to the seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh man.
Speaker 1: There there are little things that you do that you get great at and it becomes second nature and you can do it. You can do it in your sleep. Ryan Logan asked, hey, Uncano, Joe, I'm an aspiring sports analyst journalist. I just want to know any advice you guys would have in pursuing this career between the love between, uh between, I love the pods.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not a journalist.
Speaker 1: I don't have a journalistic journalistic background, so I can't tell you if you were to go that route.
Speaker 2: All I can tell you is this, Look, if you believe it and you got fact back it up, say it. Yeah. It's really that simple. It's really that simple. And I really can't answer the question on being an analyst.
Speaker 4: Because they have a problem. I love every goddamn body. I'm too fucking nice. It's hard to be critical. So right now, I'm not an analyst. I'm just I don't even know what.
Speaker 2: You call it. I don't even know the word to call it. It's just I'm I'm so you my own boy, Yeah, I don't. I think the issue with me is you get at it, you get you you, you get better at it, you know.
Speaker 4: What you know. I think my problem is. I think the problem is is I'm not far enough removed from the game and I'm so close and still now you a decade, yeah, but I'm still I'm still engulf and submerge.
Speaker 2: Know what you are when you today, guys you like with them, guys dapping you up, they gonna no, no, no, they go, they gonna let me regardless because it's me. I'm just. I'm just, I'm a loving problem. You critique that. Not when you critique the aans like I do. Huh.
Speaker 1: Now, when you critique dance like I do, say nothing because it's me think nothing nothing, no, no, no ojo. Because there's a there's an understanding on the way I do critique. But when you you're not critical by you be mean, boy, No, you be mean.
Speaker 4: Listen, if I were playing today, if I was playing today, and you said some of that. The way you deliver even though you're being critical and it's your job, it's your job to do that. I ain't gonna say nothing, but when I see you, I'm gonna go upside your head.
Speaker 1: That's that's how that's how I would have I'm just saying that's why I win.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 1: No, No, I was just like, hey, o Joe, you need to be better. You say you're top five receiver, and what you gave us to Day ain't top five. Okay, you gave us to Day ain't top fifteen.
Speaker 4: Right, right, right, But sometimes in order to be received, you know, you need ten others to be able to be top five consistently.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you can't. You didn't do it. You didn't say I was. You didn't say I was top five contingent on those other teams. That's not what you say. That's a good one. I like how you being detailed. Love how I like how you be in detailed.
Speaker 1: I love how people say I'm this and I'm that in the minute that not that they say what it's the team game.
Speaker 2: Well, you didn't mention it was a team game when you was bragging about yourself.
Speaker 4: Right, right, that's very difficult though, And you know Prime, you know, Prime told you, you know, you know on on how difficult. And I told you before too, and I was I was gracious and in saying that's something very difficult, difficult for me to do. And Prime said it last night. Oh chadbow that that mother game from to talk about nobody, No, I never have ever.
Speaker 1: But you know why, you know why, you know why. It's because here is the thing. The greater the player, the harsh of this criticism stings you are. So you are a great player. So the criticism is gonna sting. I was a great player. I'm in the hall. It's gonna sting a little more. So they can't use see, they can't use where you didn't do it when you played? You got Pro Bowls and all pro to back it up. I got Pro Bowls, Super Bowls, gold jacket to back it up. So now what's their critique?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: So what are they gonna say? I don't know what I'm talking about? What did you win? How were you as a player? You better check that? A decade team? Yeahhh, there it is. So see and that's the thing.
Speaker 1: That's what Time and I we talk about like I said time and I used to talking all the time. He's, Oh, you don't understand. Look at who the criticism is coming from you, not just some Joe blow.
Speaker 2: Yeh.
Speaker 1: If you Joe blow, they can blow that off. Well, you don't know they'll be talking about right.
Speaker 2: And you know.
Speaker 4: The the good thing I do like is the players that are being criticized understand you're being criticized because we hold you to a different standard based on where you are, based on who you are. That's letting you know you are that boy. You're just not playing up to the standards that we're used to seeing.
Speaker 1: That's all Uncle Shaven watching you for years, I grew up watching your tear up the field. Question for you, legend. I have a small YouTube channel eight thousand subs, review and tech. What advice do you have to grow my brand and channel authenticity?
Speaker 2: Be at? This is? This is.
Speaker 5: You gotta do something, though, listen to me. You gotta do something to command the eye.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: You gotta do something to command I don't don't do nothing crazy, don't done crazy, but you got to do something different to command the eye.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: Once you do whatever it is different to command the eye boom. It goes from there.
Speaker 1: Getting them is the easy part. Keeping them is the hard part. Yeah yeah, because interesting people and you're never going to get a second chance to make a first impression. So whatever you do, whatever you roll out, whatever you roll out, let it be the best. And I'd rather be delayed in delivering something as opposed to be rushed because you're not gonna get those You're not gonna get those people back right, and said, man, this is this was some bullgi or the food didn't taste good, that's not They're not gonna come back. So it was very unique in what we did when we started this channel. But we were all authentic selves.
Speaker 2: This is this is who we are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so bro, just keep plugging away a found. Just just be true to who you are. Whatever your brand is. I don't know what your brand is. I think everybody. My brand is disciplined. My brand is hard work. My brand is dedication, determination. I like to think I'm professional and whatever your brand is, that needs to be your brand all the time.
Speaker 2: My brand is ship buo.
Speaker 4: I love you, you know, I joke, but I can get serious based on what the topic is at hand. And the only problem I have with my brand is I curse you damn much.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 1: Join me with Jordan sneaker is the Jordan's is the best Jordan all time, the one or the eleven, the one, of course, the one the level has actually taken over as the most popular Jordan. I got a little something here for y'all.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's the pat that's that pat leather joint.
Speaker 2: That's the O G. Yeah all you need you need a new Orleans Saint Jersey with that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh man. But here's the thing, And let me tell you why the levels will win out. Because when Jordan came out with that concord, that that that concord, remember that, that black and white concord. And then he came with the breads, and then he came with the cool grades. Yeah, even the Arctics ain't nothing touching that. Yeah, I mean, I love the ogs, you know, the original O g the black, white, red, the breads, the O g Ones.
Speaker 2: That's with them. Ain't nothing much with the levels now.
Speaker 4: Funny thing, Adam, don't. I don't have no Jordan's. It's outside of the jordan Ones.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it. I mean all the all the basic colors.
Speaker 4: I don't have nothing else except Jordan ones, and I like to I really wear them.
Speaker 2: And you know, I hop you know I hooping my ones? Jright, Yeah, you should ooping my ones? I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't like support and people like, man, what you're doing? You ain't got no ankle braces. I need to feel the floor. I'm weird, it's weird. I need to feel the floor, if I.
Speaker 2: If I if I if I can't feel, If I can't feel the floor, it feels like it's when I played right, you know? You know you heard me? Yeah, I heard.
Speaker 4: I was a Rebok and Rebox made my shoes back then, I made Rebok take all the lining out my shoe. I ain't want no support, so all it was was a cleat the shell and some shoelaces. So it felt like a track spike. So every step I took, I need to feel. I need to feel the bottom of the floor. Did you take your ankles?
Speaker 2: Hell? No, because that that would restrict me and stopping and getting out of my break. Yeah. I don't want to restrict manage.
Speaker 1: I take directly to my skin. Oh I had I had, you know, I had that mold skin. You know that brown tape. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I taped directly to my skin. Now that was just on game day during the week I used you know, pre wrap didn't get a tape that tight. But boy, no I couldn't do that.
Speaker 2: Jordan B. Says, But the one is the original.
Speaker 1: The icon when you say Eric Jordan is the sneaker that people think of, it is, but it's not the most popular one. So yeah, again, thank you, thank you for watching another episode of Nightcare. Please make sure you click that like button. Make sure you hit that uh subscribe button. Uh, we really really appreciate you. We'll be back. I'll be back on Wednesday with gil O. Jo might stop by for a couple of minutes on.
Speaker 2: I'd be in the chat. Nah, you might have to you might have to come in for an hour. I'm gonna come in for an hour. Hi, Hi, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: And I'll definitely be back on Thursday night. And then we're back at it again Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Uh and hey, because you know, you know, the big game is on on on Christmas, the forty nine ers in the Ravens.
Speaker 5: The Ravens, So we'll be will be a defense Defense.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a criminal special. Yes, I'm gonna be here. I'm gonna be here. I gotta be here in Philly too, because I got yeah NFL on Tuesday, yep.
Speaker 2: So thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite sports on Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite, Number eighty five Bengals Ring of Famer, legend, best route running in NBA history, Man round running the NFL history, Shaan Johnson, We're out, guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us tonight. Love y'all,