Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast.
Speaker 2: Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty, arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: So the first time ever, you can now buy a car directly on Amazon. The only hiccup is that, since it's Amazon, your car would be delivered in four thousand separate packets.
Speaker 1: I'll bet that might be the future of buying cars. I know Tesla started that. Some states outlawed it, which was awful. The idea of selling cars without a dealership. Do you need a dealership?
Speaker 2: Why? No, No, and so you Tesla.
Speaker 1: You just go online, you pick what kind of car you want, everything like that, and it shows up at your house. You got problems, you take it to a local place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just in case you're not familiar with that.
Speaker 4: The car dealers in various states, mostly Blue states, but not entirely bribe their legislatures that said no, it's dangerous to let people just buy a car directly. Say you never know what will happen. Is even bitter outlaw.
Speaker 1: Here's fifty thousand dollars for your next campaign. Yeah, maybe you do need a dealership. I don't know, but the idea of outlawing is crazy. But so Amazon selling cars.
Speaker 2: Now, there you go, that is interesting. Huh. I'll have to look into that.
Speaker 4: So a couple of notes about the transition, foreign policy, that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: This is not of any great significance. It's funny.
Speaker 4: Anytime I want to bring up the Biden administration what they're doing, I feel like, I don't know, I'm railing against last year's teacher or something in school.
Speaker 2: It's in the past. It almost doesn't matter except it again. And trust me when I say this, because I've studied this my whole life. Joe Biden is still the president.
Speaker 4: He still has the powers of the presidency, and they've been walking around crowing about the fall of the Assad regime, talking about well, Biden put out a statement the other day, Well his people did, he did. He's mumbling into his jello right now. Our approached them to his jell.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 4: Our approach has shifted the balance of power in the Middle East. Through this combination of support for our partners, sanctions and diplomacy, and targeted military force when necessary, we now see new opportunities opening for the people of Syria and the entire regime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like they drew it.
Speaker 4: Up, writes the editorial board at the Wall Street Journal and Jake Sullivan talking about our unflagging support for our allies in the region.
Speaker 2: How unflagging? They point out that Israel.
Speaker 4: All of Israel's success in defeating Hamas and Hesba Llah and now knocking Iran seriously onto its heels, and Assad's houstle regime falling, all of it was because directly because Israel ignored the Biden administration.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I was just in the Bob Woodward book Wars, I went through the part where I forget which leader it was Israel assassinated. Remember they assassinated one of those high level Homas dudes in Tehran, and Biden went ape s on the phone with Netan Yahoo, according to Woodward's books, screaming at him.
Speaker 2: You efing a hole, You effing a hole. Do you know what you've done?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: So that's the unwavering support. Is that what you're talking about? Yeah? They listed off, blah blah blah blah bah.
Speaker 4: Mister Biden worked tard even blocking weapons to stop Israel from taking the fight to Hesbola. Even after eleven months of Hebola attacks, Biden argued that Israeli self defense would risk escalating into a regional war. He pushed a ceasefire that would have left hesbel at the height of its powers. Biden officials were furious Jack when Israel instead blew up his Bolla's pagers and took out its leader, Hassan Isralla. But now they congratulate themselves for a policy that, in Biden's words quote made it impossible for a Ran and has blood to continue to prop up the Asad regime. Wow, that's beyond revisionist history. I mean, that's just writing a novel, rss fiction. Here's a headline for you. Days after Trump's victory, Biden Harris administration granted Iran ten billion dollars in sanctions relief, according to a Congressional committee.
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting.
Speaker 4: About all this and intriguing and I'm waiting to see how it plays out. Tulsey Gabbard was staunchly, vehemently against virtually every policy of Trump's first term, including those that worked out beautifully, that were bold, brilliant, decisive.
Speaker 2: He's praised practically universally for them. She is Bernie Sanders. On defense.
Speaker 1: It was harshly critical of Trump and praised USD a lot, and went and met with him and John Bolton, Trump's national security advisor, for a while. John Bolton on TV the the other day said, they're going to get into the archives there in Syria, and we may find out that Tulsi Gabbard was on the payroll. Well, and that's a high a thing the same from another, you know, cabinet member of Trump's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bolton's a bit of a bomb chucker, both literally and figuratively. I'll be curious to see that.
Speaker 4: But the other thing about Tulsi is she is one of the kremlins most effective spokespeople. She is way, way cooperative. She's a star of Russian TV. They were on clips of her all the time. I also State run TV.
Speaker 1: I also know a lot of you Magna people love her. I read social media. She's believed by a lot of people. I am aware of that as well.
Speaker 4: And that's that's why I think it's going to be so interesting to see play out. How do they square that circle, as they say, rectify those conflicts as Trump even aware of them. Is it just because she switched sides and kissed his butt?
Speaker 2: Why do you she's somebody I don't know.
Speaker 4: It strikes me as a very very odd choice, but we'll just have to see. And this final note on the question of transition, foreign policy and stuff. This is also from the Journal, but the headline is Biden is seding presidential influence to Trump and some Democrats are furious and they're talking about how And this was kind of the basis of my joke that Biden is still a president, and I do have to keep reminding myself of that in a way, because Trump is, he's in France, he's meeting with McCrone, he's got the world leaders, well Trudeau flying to mar Lago to beg him for you know, his kindness and mercy national.
Speaker 1: Have you said he's the most powerful president elect in modern history, without a doubt he is.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, clearly true.
Speaker 4: He is pulling many, many strings foreign policy, He's already dictating trade and immigration policy, has moved rapidly to remake the US government. You know all that ridiculous talk about on day one, I'm gonna do this on day one, and no, on day one, you're gonna go to the inauguration. You're gonna swear an oath on a Bible and you're probably gonna have dinner, right, You're gonna dance a bit because you got to.
Speaker 2: That's what you're gonna do. On day one.
Speaker 4: Well, Trump appears to be, I mean, really getting his troops in order. Some of his troops are odd choices again in my opinion, but he's absolutely taken the lame duck by its scrawny neck and tossed it aside.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, the political article that I never got to that came out over the weekend where even Democrats, unnamed sources in the White House feel like Joe Biden's not the president anymore.
Speaker 2: They're even like we're over.
Speaker 1: It so.
Speaker 2: Partially because he's so out of it all our institutione uh huh.
Speaker 4: Well, and I think it's yet another proof of how just stupidiculous the hole he's hitler we'll never have another election, talk was I hope the young people of America see this and grocket they figure it out. They won't a lot of them, But dudes and dudets, do you see how willing they are to say wild eyed, crazy stuff that they don't mean even a little bit.
Speaker 2: Just file that away for the next election. Please.
Speaker 4: This is one of the lamest of lame ducks. We've seen with a democratic administration, a massive missed opportunity, said a far left progressive Yahoo who I would hate.
Speaker 1: Well, we've got to hope is it nothing giant awful happens. So yesterday the breaking news we had while we're on the air, Taiwan announcing that China had their biggest military exercise going on in decades right off their and that you know, an exercise can turn into an invasion in a moment, And who's going to be in charge of making decisions on that if we have to decide where he coming to Taiwan's eight or not.
Speaker 4: Jake Sullivan's half drunk, Anthony Blinkn's on a beach in Hawaii.
Speaker 2: Probably they're they're like, wait what they did? What?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: What have Trump deal with it?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: I wonder? Hey, I tell you a perfect gift.
Speaker 4: This is a complete transition here to our friends and sponsors at Omaha Stakes. If you have somebody on your list that you love, if you're Christmas listing and they don't need stuff and trying to figure out what stuff to give them is impossible, get them Omaha Steaks one of their fabulous packages, especially right now, fifty percent off site wide at omahas takes, plus another thirty bucks off at the promo code Armstrong.
Speaker 1: Henry's birthdays two days before Christmas. We just decided last night we're doing Omaha Steaks and burgers. He said he wanted the burgers for his big birthday party. They almost stick burgers are fantastic, and a bunch of their stuffed potatoes the apple tartlets. You can save on unforgettable gifts with fifty percent off site wide at omah Steaks right now, plus score an extra thirty dollars off with the promo code Armstrong.
Speaker 4: And I do not joke about steaks, friends, and these steaks are so good. I've actually become a phile a guy because of Omaha Steaks. I always ordered other cuts at restaurants and stuff, but their filets are so good.
Speaker 2: Now I'm a flake. Anyway.
Speaker 4: Go to Omaha Steaks dot com. They have affordable packages or big elaborate ones, whatever you want. Fifty percent off site wide, plus that extra thirty bucks for using the code Armstrong.
Speaker 2: That's Omaha Steaks dot com. Boneat Petite Friends.
Speaker 1: God, the eating season is so off to a rough start for me at my home. I have currently three pies in a giant cheesecake what and I'm really bad at like throwing stuff out.
Speaker 2: How do you throw out a great homemade dessert? You can't. You gotta eat the whole thing. No, that's sinful, all right, or give it to someone. But I don't know. I got to interne. I don't know what human garbage disposal given to somebody. They're beautiful pies. You can't eat all of that. Come on now. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Somebody texted me the other day as complaining about my situation, which is not much to complain about, and they said, look forward to watching you on my six hundred pound life.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was just gonna say, is the scale had to talk with you? Yes, Katie.
Speaker 4: Oh, I was thinking, if you're having trouble finger you're out, were to take it?
Speaker 2: Just bring it to work? I could? I could, I might.
Speaker 1: I Actually I think I'm going to offload at least one pie tomorrow at work.
Speaker 2: That's such only a you problem. I have too many pies, dude. That is You're quite right, Katie.
Speaker 4: That is the first time I have ever heard that in my several decades on Earth.
Speaker 2: You know my problem? I have too many pies. Well, you know what it is.
Speaker 1: I've made it so clear to others what would be an easy gift to get me that I would appreciate. I think that's why it is, because I you know, I talk about pie. I have a T shirt I wear it says I love pie. I mean, I mean it's I'm pretty transparent about this. And yes, the scale has talked to me. I'm at a record high.
Speaker 2: What a shock.
Speaker 1: I wonder if I could connect the dots. I need to do the research and connect the dots if eating pie and cheesecake every day now for a week has anything to do with them At the highest weight I've been.
Speaker 2: Of course, if I were you, I wouldn't be able to leap to anything. Huh ah, I wrong. You know, I get you, though, Katie. Back when the Dead Flowers used to play our crazy rock and roll shows, everybody knew I really liked Tankery Antonics, and so like two songs into the show, there'd be half a dozen Tankery Atonics on the edge of the stage in front of me, and I felt like, you know, it would be rude.
Speaker 4: Drink themselves would have to fight being incoherent. By the end of the thing starting them down. That's what I keep thinking to myself. If I eat an other piece of pie, I'm being poyed. I'm being a good person.
Speaker 1: No, No, some of the continuing efforts to make a folk here out of this murderous scumbag are absolutely amazing. In another situation, the guy who got choked to death by Daniel Penny making a folk hero out of this dude, What the hell is this?
Speaker 2: Among other things, we'll get to this hour. I hope you can stay here.
Speaker 5: Heyety, definitely know who wins time sexiest alleged murderer of the year.
Speaker 3: That would go to the.
Speaker 5: Suspect in the shooting of the CEO of United Healthcare. Who's become the hottest cold blooded killer in America. I'm not sure what this says about us whatever, Since these photos of him came out from his holding cell, from his mugshot, someone found his abs somewhere online. Ryan Murphy right now is flying and Netflix headquarters in a jetpack.
Speaker 2: So many women and so many.
Speaker 5: Men are going nuts over how good looking this killer is. And there's a huge wave of horny washing over us right now.
Speaker 2: Slide one.
Speaker 5: One of the guys you work with says he, I had a dream about you last night. When it's the FedEx guy with the big muscles and the rolled up sleeves, you're like, oh, but if it's the bald it guy wearing crocs with black socks, you're on the phone with HR.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's actually factually true. Yeah, the whole the Killer's Hot thing is well, it's weird, but who did originally put it? Like the first picture I saw the guy was him shirtless on vacation, ripped like he's Wolverine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, weird.
Speaker 4: Well that's the sort of picture you post online. That's what people got to access to, right.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna talk a little bit more about that later. We're close to Christmas, two weeks away. We can't make any guarantees, but this is definitely the last day you could possibly order something from Armstrong and Getty doc and get it in time for Christmas.
Speaker 2: So jump on the website where you want.
Speaker 1: My son really wills that be feel like, yes, you could get it, you can get it in time. My son really wants some Armstrong in Getty underwear. For some reason, he finds it hilarious to have my name on his buttocks or crop wow. Wow wow, we all know what underwear is. Oh hey, by the way you you imagine it, we will it into existence. Brilliant idea from one of our beloved listeners for a Californians against cal Unicornia t shirt. It now exists at armstrong getty dot com or the high end Nita Soodi very popular. Daniel Penny a Freeman did his first interview yesterday talking about how it unfolded and what it felt like and choking a guy to death and the whole thing. So we got that coming up and then some of the efforts to make a hero out of the guy who got choked to death. So uh, stay tuned for that. Caitlin Clark was named Athlete of the Year by Time Magazine. If you're old, you think that means something, perhaps if you're younger than fifty eighth?
Speaker 2: What is Time magazine? What is a magazine at all? What's a magazine?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 1: I like when they put out online the picture of the cover of magazines for people to try to imply that the magazine is like still showing up in people's.
Speaker 4: Mailboxes and people are putting on their coffee table to read later this week. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a weird game we play. I wonder how long this lasts. We got to be on the tail end of this, I would think. But of course Caitlin Clark is the athlete of the year. Who else would be. She's the dominant story of the year. But the most googled athlete of the year, and I don't remember what her name is. I don't even want to look at my phone to figure it out. Was the dude that trounced all the women in Olympic boxing? That was the most googled female athlete of the year, female's athlete of the year. As people say, what, there's a guy, the trans woman guy beaten up women. Yeah, in the Olympics. So that was a good story.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 4: The Olympics bringing the nations of the world together to watch a man punch a woman in the face over and over again.
Speaker 2: Very excited. But it's okay because he says I'm a woman.
Speaker 4: He actually is one of those people with the rare you know, internal testes or whatever. The situation is a rare, a fairly rare syndrome that makes you, you know, kind of hermaphroditic we're going.
Speaker 1: To put in our after we do our four hour radio show, we do a podcast called One More Thing that you don't hear on the radio, and you should subscribe and check it out and everything like that.
Speaker 2: But too much work, too much, but to being held against my will help.
Speaker 1: But today horn Hub put out their list of the most searched terms of the year, and it's actually pretty interesting and not just in a you know, high school locker room sort of way.
Speaker 4: I made a cringey face. I'm not sure I'm comfortable enough to uncringe yet.
Speaker 1: I promise it's kind of interesting. But it'll also be somewha with Audrey. So that's where we will put it in the One More Thing podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh not safe for work friends, raw content.
Speaker 1: Al Sharpton's one of the worst human beings on earth, standing up for the victim. Victim finger quotes of Daniel Penny, stay.
Speaker 2: Tuned, Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, I noticed him at first when he came on, you know, And as soon as the doors closed, he was carrying a jacket and he whipped the jacket down. I was standing and it landed on the feet of the passenger sitting down next to me. The zipper made a very audible noise. At that point, the train car went completely silent, and he starts demanding things. He's demanded three different things, you know, certain types of food, certain types of drinks, and that he was willing to go to jail forever if he didn't get these things. And then it kind of escalated. He was saying, he repeated, I was going to go to jail for life. I'm willing to hurt people. I'm willing to kill people. I'm going to kill people.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you're in a subway car and a guy gets on looking crazy, he yelling he's willing to hurt people. He's willing to kill people to get what he wants. What unnerved me, that's Daniel Penny, obviously, if he'd been following that case at all, who was acquitted this week and as a freeman now after he had decided to subdue this dude put him in a chokehold. Guy dies, and that's how it became such a national story. And he was being charged with what was the worst charge he had it before it was dropped. Oh, I can't remember.
Speaker 2: It was bad though.
Speaker 1: He was gonna he was gonna go to jail for a long time if he's found guilty. Let's hear a little more from the Daniel Penny interview before we roll alone.
Speaker 6: He was just threatening to kill people. Who's threatening to go to jail forever, go to jail for the rest of his life. And now where I'm on the ground with him, I'm on my back in a very vulnerable position.
Speaker 2: If I just would have let go, now he turns, Why is that a vulnerable position?
Speaker 6: Well, if I just let him go, I'm on my back now he can just turn around and start doing what he said to me, So killing, killing, hurting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see, you get a hold of me, you're on the ground, you let him go, he's gonna kick you in the head or punch in the face or who knows what. You don't know if he's got lifely at the top of you judge. Yeah, I assume she was asking that question just to spell it out for her viewers or right. Yeah, anyway, I'm going to try to not make this like super dumbed down talk radio thingy, because this is a complex issue.
Speaker 2: We talked already about the fact.
Speaker 1: Elon Musk tweeted out yesterday a link to a San Francisco Chronicle article about homeless housing and basically, what a disaster the homeless housing thing is in San Francisco, And I'm sure it's the same in New York and everywhere else where. They live in squalor, they fight and kill each other, they die of drug overdoses, they get evicted for failure to follow the rules, They threat and abuse staff. Nobody's being like rehabbed or housed or taken off the streets. And Elon Musk said, in most cases, the word holmeless is a lie. It's usually a propaganda word for violent drug addicts with severe mental illness. Well, we'll get to the life of mister Neely here in just a second. Who was all those things that Elon Musk just described. But some of the people who are very unhappy with the Penny verdict from yesterday, the New York version of the Civil Liberties Union, this case will forever be a symbol of New York's failure to adequately care for people with mental health needs and those experiencing homelessness. Okay, they said, Jordan Neely deserved basic human rights, a safe place to live, enough to eat, and access to mental health care.
Speaker 2: He should still be alive. Today.
Speaker 1: We could go off on that topic of do all human beings deserve basic a place to live, enough to eat, and access to health care?
Speaker 4: Or you need to figure out a way to provide that in your life. And I'm pretty sure it was a community note. You have the community note to that statement. On Twitter, somebody tweeted it out and commented, after Neely punched an elderly, We're.
Speaker 2: Going to go through that whole thing, through that whole timeline. Yeah, al shaped all of those things. Is the point he was given all of those things?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, even after you get past my question of does everybody deserve that provided by the taxpayer? Everyone some place to live, something to eat, and healthcare. Okay, Reveren now Sharpton. Yesterday, Jordan, I didn't know you. I know your aunt, and I've talked to your daddy, and one thing I promise is in your name, we're going to change how they deal with homelessness, and your name, we're going to change how they deal with the mentally ill and now and then that started a movement toward raising money for all kinds of different things, scholarships, a statue, a new rehab facility, a new homeless center.
Speaker 2: All of that will raise.
Speaker 1: Lots of money and nothing will be accomplished. And I'm not just being cynical here. I know because I've seen this happened before. You can easily get in an afternoon one hundred grand to show up to put up a statue. Somebody puts up a fifteen thousand dollars statue, and eighty five thousand dollars just disappears someplace. Same thing with the scholarship, same thing with a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, and there's no question that we need to do a better job of dealing with the mentally ill. But you know, this is a classic example of the something needs to happen. This is something, so therefore, this needs to happen. So now to bring me your solutions, let's.
Speaker 2: Talk about them.
Speaker 1: And again I'm trying to make this realize, this is recognized, this is a complex issue. What do you do with mentally ill people?
Speaker 2: What do you do with drug addicts? Well, let's go through mister Neely's life.
Speaker 1: Mister Neely racked up more than three dozen arrests in his life before he was choked to death. Many were of the sort that people living on the street, often a crew while homeless, like turnstile jumping or trespassing, but at least four were on charges of punching people.
Speaker 2: Two of them in the subway system. We'll get to that later.
Speaker 1: Outreach workers noted that mister Neely heavily used K two, the powerful, unpredictable synthetic marijuana, which, by the way, when you're on it will make you do horrible things, but will ruin your brain.
Speaker 2: And there ain't no fixing that. And what do we do with those people? Back to that, We'll get to that again later.
Speaker 1: In June of twenty nineteen, an outreach worker noticed that mister Neely had lost considerable weight and was sleeping Upright around that time, he was reported to have banged on a booth agent's door and threatened a killer, according to the worker's notes.
Speaker 2: Then he was gone.
Speaker 1: At some point, mister Neely became a client of an intensive mobile treatment team, one of the squads of mental health clinicians who minister to people in the streets and shelters.
Speaker 2: I have a relative who actually does that kind of work.
Speaker 1: In March of twenty twenty, the team had mister Neely taken to Bellevue Hospital where he was kept for a week. According to Homeless Outreach records, it was not clear what contact of the team had with him after that. This gets to Joe's point that he did get that care that the ACLU and COLU was claiming he deserved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, he deserved it, and he got it.
Speaker 1: In November, at twenty twenty one, mister Neeley's aggression scene to peak when he punched a sixty seven year old woman in the street on the Lower East Side. The police said the woman suffered several facial injuries, including a broken nose. According to court documents, obviously it's just luck that she didn't die. He was charged with assault and, awaiting the resolution of his case, spent fifteen months in jail, the police said, though his family said the stint was shorter. He pleaded guilty on February ninth of this year in a carefully planned strategy between the city and his lawyers to allow him to get treatment and stay out of prison.
Speaker 2: Treatment for your drug addiction.
Speaker 4: Do you know what the goal is today? The judge said yes. Mister Neely replied, what is a goal?
Speaker 1: To make it physically and mentally to the program he was to go from court to live at a treatment facility in the Bronx and stay cleaned for fifteen months. In return, his felony conviction would be reduced. I don't know that that's what we need to do as a society, but anyway, he promised to take his medication into avoid drugs, and not to leave the facility without permission. This is a wonderful opportunity to turn things around, and we're glad to give it to you, the prosecutor said, thank you so much. Mister Neely replied. Thirteen days later, he abandoned the facility. The judge issued a warrant for his arrest. He goes on to do a variety of other minor things, and Nan shows up on the subway screaming you only he's going to kill people. If he doesn't get what he wants, he gets in a joke hold and he's dead, all right.
Speaker 2: So, to Elon Musk's point, the word homeless is a lie. Most of the time.
Speaker 1: It's a you got a drug addict here, maybe maybe whose brain doesn't work because of their drug use.
Speaker 2: Are we going to address this or not?
Speaker 1: What would it take to get the country the States of the cities to talk about it like it what it really is.
Speaker 4: A educating mister and missus resident of whatever state you want to talk about so they understand this. But I think the way you cut through the misinformation about this is to take the profit out of it. There are billions and billions of dollars being given. People always talk about it being spent, which is true, but it's being spent on something and someone.
Speaker 2: Is getting it.
Speaker 4: The people who are getting billions of dollars to deal with the quote unquote homeless problem don't want to give that up, and they are frequently the cronies are the powerful. You combine those people with the well meaning but soft headed that have caused so many problems in our society, and you just you've got to take the profit out of it, I know, because then you got to deal with the reality.
Speaker 1: Well, the reality is tough, because even if we are going to today as a country decide okay, no more calling it homeless. Let's call it a drug addiction problem. Now what, I don't know the answer, And I think I know more than the average person knows about addiction and rehabs and all that sort of stuff, and they don't work very often in the best of cases.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as a lover of liberty, I have had my mind changed on this topic in a significant way.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to hear that. I assume you're implying after this.
Speaker 4: After this, Yeah, as I reach awkwardly for my hey Joe Burrow, quarterback for the Cincinnati Bengals, who won on Monday night, whilst his home was being broken into and his girlfriend or whoever was living there had to call the police.
Speaker 1: If you'd have had this simply safe, active guard outdoor protection, they would have seen this happening before the people got in, and it would have been a much better situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: NFL teams, get this for all your stars. Simply safe home security with the active guard outdoor protection.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. The agents see the evil doer in real time.
Speaker 4: They can talk to them, set off your spotlights, call the cops before the break in, and listen to this.
Speaker 2: This is crazy.
Speaker 4: They are no long term contracts, there's no cancelation fee, and it's around a buck a day for all this protection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can set up yourself. I did.
Speaker 1: I set it up on my host then old house, then I moved to a new, bigger, house ordered some more sensors and cameras.
Speaker 2: And stuff like that. Easy to do. Set it up. You don't have to set it up yourself. They got people that will help you.
Speaker 4: Just go to a simply safe dot com slash armstrong fifty percent off any new system with select professional monitoring plan simplysafe dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 2: There's no safe like simply safe before you get to your solution. I think this is true.
Speaker 1: Al Sharpton is a charlatan. He absolutely knows I get people worked up. They donate money to various things. I end up on the board or something, get a check, or get to fly around and stay at a hotel and eat meals whatever.
Speaker 2: He's a charlatan.
Speaker 1: But I think, like the ACLU version in New York whatever, I think they actually believe that we're it's a homeless problem, and we're not doing enough to help homeless drug addicts. I think how they ignore the fact the guy was in how many different facilities and offered how many Why would society say that if you go to this rehab for a month, will forget the that you almost killed an old woman.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure society should say that to start with, but it doesn't work anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he got food and housing and services over and over again. So what was I gonna say?
Speaker 4: Oh, Al Sharpton's precisely what he's always been. He's a race hustler and a scammer and a black man.
Speaker 1: And Morning Joe has him on almost every single morning and takes him completely seriously on MSNBC.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's what I wanted to point out the ACLU people that they're hardcore Marxists. And I used to be a quote unquote card carrying member of the ACLU because I'm a First Amendment freak.
Speaker 2: But that was back in the day.
Speaker 4: But like the Southern Poverty Law Center and the NAACP, they've turned into hard left, neo Marxist organizations. They've evolved. It's a different beast than it used to be. But anyway, as a oh my gosh, look at the time, as.
Speaker 1: A lover of literature, we should we come back in the low time for this. We got and a half two hours and fifteen more minutes. We should not rush through these things. These are important details.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I hate to rush rush our way through important stuff that's nuanced.
Speaker 1: And I'll give us a short version of why I get so worked up about this topic because of what the police said to me when I was in this situation.
Speaker 2: Oh makes me so freaking angry. Got all that on the way. So thank god Daniel Penny was acquitted.
Speaker 1: It still may be damaging to society and know that you could even be arrested and have to go through that. When I was standing between a crazed, violent drug addict street person who was screaming at my small children, who at the time were five and seven, I'm going to effing rape them. I'm going to effing murder them. I'm going to kill them, I'm going to bury them. I'm gonna blah blah blah screaming at me, screaming at them, and I'm standing between him and there, and he's like two feet from me. In retrospect, I think I probably should have put my hands on the guy. Luckily it turned out the way he did. But it's just his macurial, drug crazed mind. When after what seemed like an hour of this it might have been three minutes, some guys started walking across the parking lot and he realized there's not only one dude here, but about to be two dudes. He started to walk away. Then he said after I'm gonna kill you. He reached in his jacket. I thought, grap, I'm gonna die. He's got a gun, and then he walked off. Turned out he didn't have a gun. I don't know if somebody screaming I'm gonna effing kill your kids I suppose.
Speaker 2: You can put your hands on them at that point, I don't know. Not in the town I live, I don't know. But anyway, I called the police.
Speaker 1: The first thing the cops say to me when I describe what's happening and everything like that was and I said, I got to deal with this. You know, my kids are crying, And he said the real problem is that we don't have facilities for these people to be in.
Speaker 2: First thing that freaking cops said to me.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Now I complained about that on the.
Speaker 1: Air the next day, and I think that's the react why I got the reaction I did out of the prosecutor and the police department. I think I got special treatment from being a media guy who embarrassed them on the air, or that I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Have gotten that a repeatedly violent drug addict. The real tragedy is that he can't get help. The first thing the guy said to me, How offensive is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And so does that your actual belief about the world. Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 4: People are completely delusional about reality. They cannot accept reality. I've said this many times. The real divide in American politics is those people who are adults who understand reality and understand sometimes you have to do stuff that's sad or makes your heart hurt and you'd rather not, but you have to as a society.
Speaker 2: Some people can can deal with that and some people cannot.
Speaker 4: And they are generally progressives who are wantonly cruel when they need to be, which is a bit of a paradox. But what I was about to say about the drug thing is, and you know, as a small libertarian, I always want to opt to the side of more liberty. But there are absolute perfect parallels between like some way out there libertarians who believe we ought to have open borders, free flow of labor. But they always say that they're there are little meetings where you know, they concoct their ridiculous plans, but we need to completely eliminate the welfare state. And you've come and you work, and if you don't work, you don't get anything, and then it will work. Well, that's utterly, completely, laughably unrealistic. There is no way you are going to get the people in the government of the United States to completely dismantle the welfare state.
Speaker 2: Stop it.
Speaker 4: You might as well talk about pigs flying information like the Blue Angels. So with the drug thing, and it's been interesting to watch it play out, particularly in Oregon, where they decriminalized possession use of hard drugs and ask the people of Oregon how that went.
Speaker 2: It's been a miserable, miserable failure.
Speaker 4: And they rescinded that law and are now back to, at least to some extent, cracking down on possession and use. I was swayed at one time in my life by the great libertarians setting saying rather that drugs will ruin your life. Therefore, if we catch you with drugs, we're going to ruin your life. And I thought that was very clever, and it is actually, But here's the problem, and it's there's a parallel with the immigration thing in that if you say to me in society, yes, you can use and possess hard drugs if you like, but if you violate any of the rules and laws of manner. God, you are going to suffer the full consequences of it. We're not gonna let you say, but I was on drugs. If you ruin your mind, you're not allowed to say, I'm sorry, I'm crazy. No, you have made the decision to use hard drugs. That road led very quickly and directly towards the horrendous thing you did. You will feel the full weight of the law.
Speaker 1: As opposed to this guy that got choked to death by Daniel Penny, who had punched an old woman in the face, could have killed her, and they were gonna let that slide. If he did the drug treatment treatment thing over.
Speaker 4: And over again. Yeah, yeah, And it's well meaning, that sort of program. And if you want to have a one strike you're out system, I'm willing to consider that. But the problem is, like the immigration thing, there is no urge, there's no will that I've observed to.
Speaker 2: Do the second half of the equation.
Speaker 4: We're going to legalize hard drugs, decriminalize them, but if you across the line, you're going to feel the full weight of the law. Americans don't seem at least a large percentage electorate doesn't seem willing to do that. It strikes them as too mean or too cruel, and so you get the worst of both ends. You have all these people destroying their lives with addiction and screwing up cities and towns and hurting people and claiming more victims.
Speaker 2: Oh and then the other end of this.
Speaker 4: Is that I think we do people a real favor by making it as difficult and miserable as possible to be a drug addict. Otherwise, society becomes the enabler. Society becomes the boyfriend their girlfriend that keeps giving the money and covering up for their crime and the rest of you.
Speaker 1: No, we're the parents that let your drug addicted kid live in the basement and let them have a car and a phone.
Speaker 4: And bail them out time and time again. It's just a simple reality. It's it's unfortunate and it feels mean, but yeah, it's it's inescapably true. You've got to make it miserable for people to become drug addicts. You know what, you get fewer drug addicts.
Speaker 1: Well, one thing is certain, what we're doing currently is not working. Miserable failure. If you mentioned hour or the show, get the podcast, Armstrong and Getty on demand, Armstrong and Getty