Speaker 1: There were some who believed he had star potential, some who believed he would be an average player, of ths who believed he would.
Speaker 2: Be a bust. I think everything went exactly the way that it was supposed to.
Speaker 3: Good evening.
Speaker 1: So when you see somebody like a Johnny Football be at the top, you're like, how does this guy not have a perspective on what he's doing?
Speaker 2: You know, the rise was really quick and rapid and fast, and everybody wanted a piece of it, and the energy that came with it never once in my mind clicked it. You know, this is what this guy is living and dreaming for to come in and just get in the building, to make any amount of money, and you have this opportunity that you're squandered.
Speaker 3: So was it a vicious circle of being in something realizing okay, this is.
Speaker 1: It would have been based on what everybody else perceives you as.
Speaker 2: So if the NCAA wants to take my fucking nine and four season away and my Chick fil A bull agains due, fuck him below.
Speaker 4: Man, Chuck budget guys got over there, dude.
Speaker 3: We don't like to get free shoutouts out here, but you slap the boys on it. It's no longer a free shout out. It's officially a collabus. I think we're gonna let some fa you guys, are you guys crush the advertisement for that too? Like every every time I see one of y'all, it's clicking. You got some girl with some boltons fucking snapping a can off going after that, it's uh.
Speaker 4: You know what's interesting, it's uh, I would say, I credited to TikTok. A lot of our growth, like things all oomed off on TikTok, just some like kids. There's like sub cultures on TikTok where there's like this drinking culture that I wasn't aware of. But we started, like we went from doing the flash sales on them, where I would.
Speaker 2: Were literally in my like fucking house in La.
Speaker 4: I had assembly line of like five of my buddies putting these things together like these just assembling them, roughing it.
Speaker 2: Figuring it out and start.
Speaker 4: And then we would do like we'd just crank out like two thousand.
Speaker 2: It would take us like three weeks and then they'd sell out.
Speaker 4: But we were I was marketing the whole time in a discrete way, but I was just like kept doing them on my stories.
Speaker 2: They'd been what the fuck is that thing?
Speaker 4: You know, And by the time we put them on sale, they would just they would fly. So then the first time when we started mass producing, like probably about three four weeks into it, for whatever reason, it went from like, you know, five three four thousand dollars a day in sales to like just quadrupled.
Speaker 2: And we had no idea why. It turns out like some.
Speaker 4: Big you know, they're like twenty one year old kids, like like kind of Friday kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like one of them put some music behind it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a.
Speaker 2: Lot of his music too. They's just like just smashing beer.
Speaker 3: It's two for his music and the choke.
Speaker 4: It just became a thit. It just became a thing on TikTok. And then we just when did you start making them? We've been doing We've been producing them for about a year, working on them. Like I acquired I acquired this. So this kid hit me up. He was a college kid making him in his dorm. Just had like a few of them, you know what. It wasn't even really selling them yet. Yeah, and uh and hit me and hit me and.
Speaker 3: Got to work through diversity around here. Apologize.
Speaker 2: Work through it. We're not as company either, man, work through it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, man like hit me up. Was like, hey, man, I got this thing I'm been trying to get in front of you. I happened to see the DM. I said, yeah, send them out. You know, sat in my kitchen in LA for like in a box for like four weeks, and then we're about to go on tour, having a late night festivity over there, and people busted him out. And I started seeing everyone do and people are like, oh, like even like you know LA people, which isn't really like wouldn't like said it wasn't really like a drinking culture out there like you like Nashville and even.
Speaker 3: Clothes, you know, so that's different.
Speaker 1: Different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but even just seeing them, you know, I come from kind of like the drinking culture world, you know, so just seeing that reaction, I was like, man, this might be something.
Speaker 2: So I ended up flying the kid out.
Speaker 4: We were going on tour, the kid out, we met, and then I just slowly like acquired the whole company from him. You know, he's he's in on it partially, but yeah, was.
Speaker 3: He get like royalties is at the equity in the company.
Speaker 2: I can't. He has some points on the company.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I got him a million dollars for it, which she you know, he hadn't made any.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's in college. A million dollars like you make it sound like it's he gave him ten dollars in a pack of chewing gum, and million dollars is a lot of money. Yeah, that's a good deal.
Speaker 4: It was, and you know it's it's invested and he has he has points on the company and ship, so it's a great deal for both of us.
Speaker 2: But man, it was. It was pretty so pretty lucky, like talk about just like open up your phone.
Speaker 1: There's no doub because you're like, oh man, this d he's got.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he has like that kind of like he's like a special kid.
Speaker 4: He has like that little like inventor's trade, you know, like some people have those like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see something puts it together.
Speaker 2: He's just like put this little idea.
Speaker 3: You close with the kid?
Speaker 2: Or is the kid like he's like that. He actually was out in La like we became buddies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's out in La.
Speaker 2: I think he's going back to Illinois's from Illinois?
Speaker 3: Real, where do you go to school?
Speaker 4: Couldn't tell you small, small school in Illinois, but you know, just man got lucky.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Been nice.
Speaker 4: We got to sell some. I got some, I got some. I got some barstool ones doing Brianna. Do you know Brianna chicken fries?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the chicken the one that she's kind of new there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're doing with her, we're doing one with Dana like some yeah.
Speaker 3: Smart a smart yeah, big beer guy. You do do you follow Dana? Do you believe that he's back? That's a been a big thing for whatever reason? Do you think is here? He's here, He's he's relevant. I love that. That's good. I like to see that kind of sport.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just don't know what becomes for he's a good time expect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he seems like a beauty.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he's I don't know back for he's somewhere though, But I love like, honestly, it's such a sweet like sweet.
Speaker 2: Nice guy too.
Speaker 1: Yeah he is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what an interesting way to describe another man. Sweetheart. I love that if someone called me and someone's like, yeah, Taylor, he's a sweetheart. That's kind of that's sweet of them to say, yeah, it's super nice to say, dude.
Speaker 2: Probably profession you're not going to get that very often.
Speaker 3: No, And also my personality off the field everything else, it really make me call me sweet or anything like that. But uh oh, okay, so we're this is busting with the boys, and it's sponsored by Chevrolet. It's brought to you by Chevrolet. We were sitting here with the ball don't lie crew. That is just Mike and Johnny Manziel. A lot of you guys know Johnny Manziel were actually in the same draft class twenty fourteen. Uh kind of in a weird way in our college, not like kind of like we're both like the all American thing together and then at the same draft together. So I'm super excited to get into all that. We have to do the real quick. I thought it was the alarm, the cheval one.
Speaker 1: Since we're brought to you by Chevy, we always do that.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're brought to you by Chevy. Okay, so about to get dondant real fast on you, Chevrolet. The strongest, most advanced Silverado ever. Silverado is, unless you didn't know before, strong, advanced, appendable and hard working Silverado is dependable. Like I said for the third time, like people like the people who drive them. The design is big, bold and commanding. This truck just turns heads. Gives you a kink. Dude, you have a big bender. Hit the chuck at the chuck Bud one too many times. You hit the kink because you saw the Silverado due That's what Chevrolet does for you. There's so many things you can do with the Chevrolet. Dude, you going, you're going to watch a football game. You go to do this, We'll go ahead and tell us what we can do with it with the Chevrolet. With with the Silverado.
Speaker 1: Tailgating, hauling. Maybe you got a new big screen TV, couch, tailgate equipment, whatever it may be. Towing. Maybe you got a big boat that you want to show off off. Roading, moving day, helping out your friends are a family member, road trips guys, if you're a lunch pale guy, if you're a chug budd guy, you belong in a Chevy silveradng on one. Go to a dealership near you, let him know that the boys sent you video with video with the chug Bud as well, and uh yeah, experience the USA in a Chevrolet yeah, back to the episode. Boom, just always say back to Chevrolet, back to the episode.
Speaker 3: Even though we never went anywhere. We sat here the whole time and we made them sit wasted their time. So yeah, twenty fourteen Draft class, dude, super cool college. We were obviously one of the most dynamic football players to ever play being in college at the same time as you and me and Will watching you. I can't imagine what that was like in college. To start, there's start at college for you. Take me in the beginning you're freshmen, don't know which ways up, and then hit me obviously the next year whin the Heisman.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yeah, it was. It was quick man, crazy story. I graduated early, so I got on campus, you know, and at the beginning of January. Anybody else does when they first get there, especially being the young guy in the locker room fucking lost. Yeah, no idea, which way is up? How to get here? Just literally a fucking punk ass kid trying to get into a bar and maybe drink a beer away from your parents for the first time. But yeah, graduate early, go to a and m I red shirted my first year. We were in the Big twelve as well, which was a big, uh, big difference over the years. Get into red shirt and travel with the team the first year and go to places like names Iowa and all and Lubbeck and all these places had to go the next year the rass it came to us. But then the next year we're playing in the SEC and obviously getting a chance to actually go out and rip it up and play a little bit. It's just completely different getting to see the the two conferences that way. But you know, funny story, I haven't told a lot of people before. You know, so I go into spring football that year. This is your year in twelve, Yeah, this is my red shirt freshman year, first chance to get a chance to you know, get any reps, get some get some playing time. Anything in the spring had as bout of abysmal the fucking spring as you could have. Throwing picks all day in practice, can't run around, can't do my thing, just feel cooped up and uh. In the spring, fourth on the depth chart, not even close to having a chance to compete for the starting job, Just fucking struggling. Somewhere between that time between into spring ball and fall camp, you know, I go out, have a couple too many red white and blue Budweisers on the fourth of July weekend and I got caught with three fake id's and my wallet. It's this thing, go online, type in all your info and then this little toy car would show up. We're come in like a toy from China, and then you'd open it up and underneath you take out the batteries of the car and there's your fake ID and everything. Oh perfect, really really good. Had to get Louisiana because Texas ones are really.
Speaker 3: Hard to say, so I hate cutting you off, but why three? It was a package deal trading carding.
Speaker 2: The cool thing was when you go to a like a gas station or something, you hand him ID and the guy knows it's not you or knows it's fake, you can just walk out without having to try and get it back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, snap it from him and get out of there.
Speaker 2: Hit the hit the right, straight out the door, and just just take off and just beat it. So, uh, you know, that little incident happens. And I'm fourth on the depth chart. Recently walking out of Brian College station jail and uh, you know, looking pretty bleak. And this is July. Fast forward eleven days in THEO you know, college football training camp and play great, win the job in eleven days. We played Foard to the first game and then you know, a Heisman season kind of goes from there.
Speaker 1: That was the year you won the Heisman.
Speaker 3: So you won the job in eleven days.
Speaker 2: How do you?
Speaker 3: How do you go up the depth chart? One position?
Speaker 2: I credited the Cliff Kingsbury man. That's a guy who really changed my life for the better. I mean, he was like, listen, we're gonna get your feet wet in the spring. You're gonna learn the system. You're going to do this. But you know, he whether we had a depth chart or not, he wasn't grating me off any of that. He was greating everybody what we had in the fall and what you look like coming back after summer workouts. So you know he's I hang out with him a lot. Now he's obviously in Arizona with the Cardinals, and you know, I'm a Scottsdale guy, so I see him a lot. And he's always told me that, uh, he wanted me to be his guy. He saw a lot in me, watched me. He's from New Bronfiles in Texas and I played right outside of there, so just a guy that believed in me, gave me a chance, played really good in springball, and life changed in three months from there.
Speaker 4: Part of that story you're missing out on that I think is you got in trouble and then you ended up having to run like a well that ye, that is a that is.
Speaker 2: A big story. There's two. So when I got in trouble at Texas A and M is a big school of like honor code and ethics and things like that, to where if you get in trouble even outside of campus or just in the town and Brian College station, they pretty much send your case to a review board of the school. So when the job in eleven days and then the day after I get named the starter, I go to this meeting in front of this review board. From my behavior or whatever, I go through the meeting and tell tell them what happened, obviously apologize, and they suspended me from college athletics for a year and put me on academic suspension. So when the job one day next day, go to this meeting thing, I'm just going to you know, slap on the wrist on the gonna happen to getting completely banned and not even be able to play intermural athletics, which would if I'm not gonna be able to play start in the SEC, I may as well go to the rack and fucking yeah, no question. So that happens. I had to meet with coach someone. He's pretty much like every day we have a practice, even if it's in the morning or in the afternoon, you run ten gassers before the practice, and you run fucking ten after. Yeah, and you practice. So they're fucking wearing me out. But I ended up leading the SEC and rushing that year, rushing Todd Gurley somehow, and I think a lot of it was beneficial from that punishment. I think I was in the best shape on the team because I'm out there running one hundred twenty half gass a week half gassers.
Speaker 3: So this happened. This happened your retrofreshman year, your name is starter, and then he has suspended for a year. Well, how do they send that?
Speaker 2: Collect a ton of letters from people within the like our academic office or the place, our study hall, our teacher, coaches, and had to collect probably twenty letters family members back home from high school.
Speaker 1: No way.
Speaker 2: They all wrote letters for me and probably got about twenty or thirty letters and sent them into the review board. And I went back up for another review and they were sending it to like a lower level of academic probation so I could play sports.
Speaker 3: Did you do that or did the school like a good.
Speaker 2: Questions something I never really wanted to find out. I was really nervous. Man, I'm just a kid trying to ever touch the field in the sec which less you know, we're playing Florida, the first game at home in front of a hundred thousand people, new conference for us. This is all I could have ever dreamed for. And I get named the starter. In the next day they told me to fucking you're out pretty much.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like like you're obviously running twenty gases a day to continue to be the starter, like when you got in trouble and you're having to go through all this stuff, like it seemed like you were pretty remorseful, like you wanted to like, Yo, this isn't this isn't who I want to be, This isn't what I want to do going into unless you were just like good, like fucking grunting those gassers out every day, still thinking like you know, I'm still gonna be fucking you know.
Speaker 2: I think it made I think it made me better. I think it made me better for sure. That period allowed me to put myself in a position to have success that I did that year in college. I think I've always worked better with somebody being jumping down my throat and being on my ass because I tend to get lazy and not do shit that I don't want to do a punk ass, but uh, you know, I think it. I think it kept me in line and got me to a point where I really went and focused on trying to be really good at football and play well and live my dream type of thing. And that's what I got to do that year, and I think it was a great step in zone at all. I look back now and say that there were no accidents in my life, even with what happened in Cleveland or this, and that I think everything went exactly the way that it was supposed to. I think there's other things out there that I'm meant for, and I think fate has worked its way in a way that things have gone exactly the way that they should have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you think things went exactly the way I was supposed to go.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: That's interesting. It's the only reast when I say that is because like, things go the way they're supposed to go when they're when the things that are uncontrollabile happen, of course, but the things that you and we'll get with this is a little further down the road now, when you got to the NFL, like everything, all the actions were controllable.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Probably so so when you say, like, it's it's all what did you say? It happens for a reason or or it's supposed to.
Speaker 2: It was supposed to happen way it's supposed to.
Speaker 3: So if you went back, you wouldn't do anything different. You do it the same way. You wouldn't do nothing different.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't. I. I uh. For four years, five years of my life, I went through the roller coaster of man, I guess really depression. After I got cut in LA or I got cut from Cleveland and moved to LA I went through waking up every day wanting to have a time machine to go back to our draft in twenty fourteen and maybe tell this team to get fucked, or go to another team, or go in the second round, or work through every single scenario in my head, and I think I've got to the point now where maybe I just really didn't never love football to the point of what it takes to be successful in the.
Speaker 3: DA So when you went from the Browns, whould you go from there? You went to the CFL XFL.
Speaker 2: Or I took a year off and then I went to the CFL and then went and played in the AAF in the same year.
Speaker 3: And when how long did it take you to realize that maybe I didn't love football the way if I love football.
Speaker 2: And I walked back into the locker room in Canada for the first time, I was really excited. You go in the press conference, the first couple of days on the field, but when the grind really started and the normal workload and yeah, I mean it's a thirty percent workload in the CFL compared to what we do in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like OTAs every day, right, It's.
Speaker 2: Pretty much like you're in the building at nine o'clock, you're done at one o'clock. You get free time to do whatever you want. So, I mean, you spend a couple extra hours in there, you're done in at nine, you're done at three. Compared to what we do on a Tuesday or Wednesday or whatever day in the league where it's early season six thirty in the morning until eight o'clock at night or something like that. So when I moved and went back into the locker room in Canada and started getting back into it again, felt the exact same way. Every single feeling that I had when I was in Cleveland came right back to me, and I'm I kind of love this whatsoever?
Speaker 3: You don't want to do this, but you went, You went, uh Canadian League, you went to that spring league, and.
Speaker 2: Then I went to that AFF and the AAF in Memphis.
Speaker 3: So was it a vicious circle of being in something realizing Okay, this isn't for me, leaving it, being like, okay, this isn't been my identity for X amount of years, my father, the people I love, thinking this is what I'm supposed to be doing. So you get back into it. Yeah, And then it was a vicious circle over and over again.
Speaker 2: A lot of it was now I sit back and reflect and call it what it is. But for like a long point in time, I didn't accept it for what it was. I was, you know, listening to outside people or go back and watch an old highlight tape and be like fuck man and go in the backyard right the same ship and throw the ball around the same way. So it just u It took a lot of time and a lot of just I've got to a point now in my life where I'm able to really reflect and sit back on things, and my mood has changed, my lifestyle. I was a little bit kind of the same with what I do and how I live my life, but just the way I think and the way that I interact with people and the way where my life is now, I'm completely different than I was, and I think a lot of it has come because of acceptance.
Speaker 3: You seem much more calm. I didn't know you like that, but in twenty twelve at the Walter Payton thing, being around you and I've admiring you from afar, like that's Johnny Manziel. You know what I'm saying. You and I are both all Americans. But I'm looking at this guy going, fuck, that's the you know, that's whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm in the class.
Speaker 3: I'm in the class with this fucking dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you go to the bar.
Speaker 3: And you're fucking you're holding court, dude, and like all everyone's around you and I'm looking at you like I want to do that. I want to be a part of that shit. And so but your energy was so high and you seem like you're so onto the next thing. Looking back on it, obviously at the time, I'm like this, I want to do that shit too, you know what I'm saying. I was getting just as much trouble on a way smaller scale, and.
Speaker 4: What bottom I like, I've been I've been buddies with him for through the or less, probably twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean even probably even before that.
Speaker 4: I've known him a long time, and that was kind of the idea. You know, we talked about this for a while. I just wanted people to see the the side of him that you know, there's there's a lot of connotations obviously that have traveled with the story, and it's obviously a notorious story, like just you know what he's gone through and what it looked like from Afar, but knowing him then and being with him through it, you know, and just in La we were neighbors for a while, I would see it. There'd be times were like, man, like, you know, I didn't want to like we'd be we'd be buddies, but you know, I want to stay.
Speaker 2: I want to let him work through what he needed to work through.
Speaker 4: And then it got to a point I'm like I could feel that there was a level of peace where like he had clarity. He went and did Canada like you know, I remember we were doing a comeback season thing. I did some branding stuff for him then too, and he didn't have like clarity on he didn't have closure or.
Speaker 2: Clarity on it.
Speaker 4: I feel like those were necessary steps for him just as a friend, like go look, go get that last nut up, like see if see if you can do it again?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, does it still get your fucking dick card or not?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: And I remember talking to him, He's like, man, it just doesn't you know? And then what ball don't lie? Would I think that? What that real undertone of that is just like when you ask him that question, like would you do it different? You know, the realization We've had a lot of these late night conversations and talks about these types of things, and that was kind of the main realization.
Speaker 2: It's like, dude, if it's not in your heart and your mind, and.
Speaker 4: Your soul like your your God gifts, you know, he's God gifted talented at football, right, But at some point, if it doesn't get your rocks off, and it's not what you want to do, it's to be it's supposed to do, yea life, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean. That's what I wanted him to share about.
Speaker 4: You know, just from that perspective, it's just like, man, at some point, what is it really about?
Speaker 2: You're living your life.
Speaker 4: So if you don't get up and man like, go, I gotta you know, obviously it takes a lot of mental fortitude. You talk about fortitude all the time, but to be an amazing quarterback in the NFL, I only know what he tells me. But just the level of preparation, yeah, you guys, the level of dedication it takes.
Speaker 2: And if it's not in your heart to do that, like for anything in any walk of life, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: That's how I feel like it's not in your heart of hearts to go pursue that with all of your passion or as much passion as it takes.
Speaker 2: And it's not your path, you know, it's not. It's not the path that.
Speaker 4: You're supposed to walk forever, you know, And that's how I felt, and I think that's what that's really what, Like I wanted to share in the Ball Don't Lie scenarios, just like I want him to share that side of it, just like dude, that was.
Speaker 3: A bait thing that took off, Ball Don't Line. That was the reason why you guys want to start something.
Speaker 2: I mean, we we didn't have a bunch of talks like this, just about life and being two guys around the same age trying to just figure it out. Like a lot of Mike's music has been one step after another, learning as you go, and I felt like, you know, I learned more. You know. The rise was really quick and rapid and fast, and everybody wanted a piece of it, and the energy that came with it was just through the roof. You know. It was crazy to think back and say, maybe eight or nine years ago, there was only a couple athletes maybe on the face of the at least maybe in the United States who had who maybe I was as famous ass like maybe me Lebron, Tom Brady, like a couple other nights. It was really up there, and uh, you know, just looking back on it now, It's crazy to say, and not a lot of people have under understood this when I've said it, But like I've been longing and trying to get back to a sense of normalcy. Life went from really normal a kid from fucking Curville, Texas that nobody knew, to a heisman a year later to the whole rise, going to the NFL and dealing with that. My whole mission in the last couple of years has been trying to get back to a sense of normalcy and just feeling like one of the boys again. That's why I wanted to come on the bus talking like I just want to be one of the fucking bros. Walk in the streets. Guys asked me while we're here in Nashville. It's like, Yo, what the fuck are you doing out here? Man? I'm like, dude, it's Amorial Day weekend. Trying to come out have some plub with my boys the same way you are. Yeah, trying to just have a good time. That's it's nothing else to it. Just the guy trying to have a beer at Forga Georgia Lanbar. I need some case.
Speaker 1: We had a lot yeah too, like and it's like, you know, would you do anything different, like living in regret and all that kind of stuff. It's like, yeah, like as a human being, you're gonna sit there like I wish I had my experience now that I did back then, and I just don't, because if you're if you're sitting there living in regret all the time and you just like live in the past, at the end of the day, you're just like you just have illusions about like what life should have been based on what everybody else perceives you as you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really what drove a lot of my mental health struggles and a lot of things. It took me years. Man, I went through a point where my schedule flipped around and I couldn't sleep throughout the middle of the night, and I would sleep during the middle of the day. And this would go on for weeks at a time, and I would just beat myself up every day watching guys who I went up against in college or friends with, and can't help but almost get to a point of like envy or jealousy at times watching guys go out and live the dream of what you thought you were supposed to do. But I can honestly sit back and say today that I'm happier with less. I'm happier without all the fame, and I'm happier on the path that my life is going. And I don't know where the fuck it's going. I'm cool with it. I'm walking with everything that comes my way and just kind of piece by piece, day by day, just figuring it out. Something will come.
Speaker 3: Do you know as far as like a career, do you know where you want to go from here?
Speaker 2: You know, Luckily, you know, in our draft class in twenty fourteen, if you're a first round pick, you got to make a decent, pretty amount of change and a big Nike deal too, right, I had a nice little Nike deal, got some great great sponsorships, and then you know, been free freelance. In the last couple of years. I did a parstol with podcast or a podcast with Barstool for a year on college football. I've been just doing some stuff here and there, and you know, just kind of trying to figure it out. But you know, I'm working on this golf thing. You know, I'm really addicted to the golf life. Right now. I'm about a zero handicap. I'm getting better, knocked it down, probably ten strokes in the last year, so uh, I'm addicted to it. Man, It's something. It's the best rush that I've got in sports since playing football. I feel it makes me feel a little bit of the same way we're out all night partying or whatever. I have a am T time. I don't miss very many, probably zero of those ad AMT times, no matter how I banged up and hurt I am it's just looking back at it. We've been talking about this. It's like it's something gets me out of bed in the morning, and for a long time there wasn't a lot of anything that would get me out of bed in the morning.
Speaker 3: Depression.
Speaker 2: I'll do that to you, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Depression is a real thing for sure, William. What a perfect stopping point.
Speaker 1: Oh bro, this is this is light. I love this is light.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 3: Smook you out.
Speaker 1: We'll get the truth at anybody shout out Bare bottom Clothing, no free shoutouts. The return to travel is finally here. I know, I know. But before you start packing for your next adventure, don't forget to check out the boys at Bare Bottom Clothing. Their adventure ready shorts, swim trunks and teas are perfect for breaking out of your hibernation without breaking the bank. They feel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, a bay fan, talk about your nice little cotton feel. The boys they're not big, but their mind and when they're in there, they feel like they're at home. They got the plasma screen, TV, a fridge. It's a beautiful thing. I love them to desk.
Speaker 1: Stay up there, stay up there. Holy shit? Um oh yes, starter, that was the starter idea. Yeah, I see what you're doing.
Speaker 3: I see fair enough, all right.
Speaker 1: Additional points The Internet's very deal on high quality and versatile men's war. You can get two pairs of their best selling stretch shorts plus their anti microbial, microbial and moisture wicking tech tea for under one hundred dollars price right.
Speaker 3: That's two pairs of shorts and the shirt yep for a one hundred bucks under one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: One hundred dollars price right every day, so you don't have to wait around all year for sales. Over ten thousand five star reviews from guys that have already made bare Bottom Threads their every day go to. For every item purchase, bare Bottom will donate a protective master to a first responder teacher or someone in need. Right now, our listeners get free ship on the first order of these super comfortable threads at bare bottom Clothing dot Com with code busting b U s S. I N go to bare bottom, bare bottom Clothing dot com. We're gonna spell again. That's b E A R like the animal Bottom Clothing dot Com and use code busting to get free shipping on your first order. Back to this episode.
Speaker 3: He'll pay a lot of money for those as right. You gotta put your heart and soul into them.
Speaker 1: You know, you gotta be on the spot and you gotta go one take.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you I am a terrible reader, and you guys will follbly find out in the next that was tough what supped last week?
Speaker 1: And I looked out with it. Yeah, Taylor. Last week we had Dave on and I did Taylor.
Speaker 3: In the middle of something and we're going back and forth. Jaw sets were happening, and then I had to go to this and the whole reading thing.
Speaker 1: I see him, he's up in the he's up in the screen and I see beads a sweat coming down.
Speaker 3: It was a hot day and I'm thinking, like that was a hot day more than you're doing.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: Man literally quits like he's just losing something ten years old, Like we'll finish this ship.
Speaker 3: Nervous? Did I get nervous?
Speaker 2: Easy?
Speaker 3: He was out there, Dude, Dave does like the chirp. Yeah, he's he's about that.
Speaker 2: Before we got on. I've known Dad forever. He's, uh, do you know the cave? You ever hear his rap? His rap song?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, got it was.
Speaker 4: It was like probably like three four years before you guys got into him. Him and KFC did like a rap fist back and forth and I produced it out for him and like, yeah.
Speaker 2: But I've known Dave forever and it's we talked about it.
Speaker 4: I think on a few of one of our episodes, our past episodes.
Speaker 2: Just like as much as.
Speaker 4: The Barstool growth and their expansion as a company has been so impressive.
Speaker 2: I mean, I give David Flowers all the time. I seen him personally. I know people he's.
Speaker 4: A big chirp guy, but his personal like brand, just Dave Portnally has been super impressive to watch.
Speaker 2: Did you really like dude?
Speaker 4: I know him fucking long, Like I've seen I've seen the trajectory and just seeing like what he's done and the moves he's making.
Speaker 2: It just makes a lot of sense. But it's impressive as much as barstool itself is super.
Speaker 1: Impressive, right, but his own indust.
Speaker 3: Own thing, it's crazy, it's impressive. Well. Watching his twenty twenty we we touched on a little bit last week. His the way he took down a pandemic, the content he was able to put out over and over again, the unboxing, the frozen pizzas. I've eaten Jack's pizza before, but literally every time I think of Jacks pizza and I think I'll fuck those guys because of the importantly he said fuck these guys. He was so mad about it, dude, he did such a great job.
Speaker 2: But we looked at it with like the amount of people he's helped to last year, the whole yeah small business thing, and the amount of athletes and people he got to give back to people who still to this day desperately desperately needed it. I thought that was not special at the same time as he can be and people have, you know, to say what they had to say about him, Fuck all that a guy's he really is, and.
Speaker 3: The way he will just get mad though you know how it is like every people want to get mad about something. We're in a group chat with him. He will he left Nashville. We're in a group chat with him, and he's like telling them soft Preds fans go fuck themselves. So I'm like, here come the clicks, dude. I pull up my Twitter. Let you guys know self ass Prends fans and to go fuck yourself. These dudes started coming down my throat no pause about like how I'm a soft ass and fuck you and all this stuff, and I'm like, yo, I didn't do nothing, dude. I was just I was just the messenger. But like people just want to get mad about whatever they whatever comes up, they want to hate on you. They want to everything music, our podcast when I'm playing, dude. That's one thing I envy about you being able to get out of it is when you're in the middle of the season, Like I'll go in, I'll have a couple of penalties and it's an absolute fucking bloodbath. I just get I get verbally destroyed on Twitter, and you know, you don't want to look, but a lot of times you do look and it eats at you. And definitely it's.
Speaker 5: One of those out like even absolutely success, you've had it, Uh, Like I'm always reaching for more, Like that's that's my personality is like I always like, you know, how.
Speaker 3: Can I stay relevant as a football player? How can I keep What's the next thing I can do to make myself that much younger. I'm turning thirty this year, and it's like I tore my ACL, I had a PD the year before. It's like, yo, how can I stop the bleeding on this? Like these last two years? And yeah, dude, when you read that stuff, it does suck. It's it's a it's a hard thing to look at because you're like, well, especially when you're trying your best, like legit, I'm giving it in my all course, and people are like, yo, fuck this dude. You're like, man, yeah, it's just hard.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I talk about sports fans a lot. It's an interesting dynamic really is.
Speaker 1: Just between fans and players. Like having that access.
Speaker 4: It's just like it's just an interesting perspective that sports fans have that I I feel like is kind of not outdated, but it's just like it's like there's a disconnect, like don't have any ownership of these players just because the team.
Speaker 2: You live in this region, and your.
Speaker 4: Team's paying them a lot of money because they're the best in the fucking world. In this right, you have no say in how they fucking lead their lives, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Or like there's literally people like shut up and.
Speaker 1: Do this, you know what I mean, Like the'll shut up and dribble stuff.
Speaker 3: And yeah, as.
Speaker 2: A fan, how the hell in your mind you think you have that? Say? Like, it's just an interesting dynamic.
Speaker 4: Like I don't I don't ship on sports fans, but I'm just like I feel like they're out of touch. I feel like they're they're like a little bit disconnected of like reality in the sense of what's really happening going on at home with them.
Speaker 1: You know what, You can be a real sports fan and just know that shit's going you know, they vicariously through you, dude.
Speaker 3: They see us on the field, they see you making music. And there's two ways in go I want to be that, I'm gonna strive to be that. Or Jelsey comes out, Well, how come he gets to be successful? How come this guy gets to do this? Well, this guy's not taking advantage advantage of this situation And that's.
Speaker 1: Their one connection to being like in that dream of all stuff, and like you said, why can't I be in that position?
Speaker 3: Like I was.
Speaker 1: Stoked to have this, to have you on the bus because I came right before you. Guys. I think we played each other in a preseason game. But I just know from uh huh yeah, yeah, yeah, I know from an undrafted player's mindset when you watch like what where you were and what you had and everything else, and it get cut get swindled in my mind because I'm obviously at that point in time, my identity is full. I'm going to be an NFL football player. So when you see somebody like a Johnny Football be at the top and then not, in my mind take advantage of that opportunity. You're like, how does this guy not have a perspective on what he's doing? Which I know, like a lot of guys, that's kind of how it works in such a competitive natured world. We're all just we're constantly competing no matter what. Like you said, you're sitting at home, you see people pass you by, Like we're so embedded to be competitive that when you see somebody in your mind ahead of you, it's like how are they not this Because I'm like, in my mind, man, if I was a draft pick, or if I was a first round or I was this guy, like I would be doing X y Z. But I know, ultimately, like I'm living in my own head about it. But I was fascinated to have you on to kind of learn about this up and down ride you've been on.
Speaker 2: I would say I lost a huge part of my competitive spirit when I got to the NFL. I would say, when I got handed you know, this amount of money, this first round pick, you're going to be the core. I just something about when I went to Cleveland, whether it was you know, my first couple OTAs or training camp or that, all of the confidence that I had, you know, and acquired from college going into the NFL. I the time September rolled around, in Game one rolled around, I had absolutely fucking zero of it left none. I had no confidence in what I was doing, how to play the position, not putting the time in, and it got to a point where I questioned myself a lot of if I could really even do it. And you know, I always look back and talk about the situation in Cleveland and if it was exactly right and you know, it is what it is. You know, it happened the way that it did, and a lot of it, you know, I take a lot of ownership on it because a lot of the things could have been overcome with hard work and time and spending more time in Cleveland and adapting that as home rather than how I kind of acted and maneuvered around, which was you know, I just kind of stayed away from it a little bit. Now, my life was all over the place, and you know, but the confidence and the competition that we were talking about, like we had guys undrafted free agents. I think we had maybe six or seven that year that were undrafted free agents on our Browns team that made the roster and ended up going on and having new contracts and doing great. So I got to see these guys and it never once in my mind clicked it. You know, this is what this guy is living and dreaming for to come in and just get in the building, to make any amount of money, and you have this opportunity that you're squandered. And for me, it goes back to just you know, I didn't have a lot of confidence in myself and my ability because of the way, you know, my life was kind of going and I don't think I ever just got that passion in that fire of something that you would have had trying to get on the team and trying to go through training camp like your life depending on it, going to that day at your locker where you open it up and make sure you don't have to go to see the GM to turn your playbook in type of thing. You know, I think that sense of me being a first round pick and having guaranteed years and things like that probably was a disservice to me looking back to say it that way, as much as if it was a blessing I needed. I needed a little tougher, stricter situation because I was just all over the mat.
Speaker 1: Think.
Speaker 3: I mean, people did it all the time. Jerry Jones did that allegedly with Dez Bryan. I don't know it. I don't know the guy personally, but I'm sure I've heard that he had like a legit like a babysitter, like hey, you can and can't do this in the beginning of his career and kind of helped him on that path. And then, you know, fit is everything. I got drafted Tennessee at eleven I was fucking pissed, not because it was Tennessee, but because two guys are drafted ahead of me. Like I've always been able to find a way to keep a chip, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, Greg Robinson and Jake mack Gregg's right now, do you doing whatever in jail? I'm pretty sure he's in prison right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He got caught with like one hundred and fifty eight pounds of weed in a BMW. How do you how do you fit that in a coop?
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, Like, you get pulled over?
Speaker 3: You know your bro that thing he get pulled over? He was like by U tap, Like he's like an OL passa at the border, Like there's cops everywhere, you know what I'm saying. But yeah, happened like two years ago. I think it was the last off season. But the what I was trying to get out was, you know, Cleveland, they had a lot of success this year there where they've really turned around the culture and I'm super happy for them. But at the time, and nobody wanted to go to Cleveland. When we at the Rookie Symposium, We're like this fuck, this is blows that was not fun. You know, you're Reese's peanut butter cups and going. People got to play here like it's just down if you would have ended up at a spot like I don't know, Like I don't know how the team is, but like Pete Carroll at Seattle, he's a high energy dude. Seems like he really gets gets love with the quarterbacks, like fits in real good. You go to a place like the Patriots that's superstructured, it could have been totally different.
Speaker 2: Well, we had a I mean I got I got to be My first sure offensive coordinator was Kyle Shanahan. So from the football side of that, with him as far as the offense goes, was a real fucking treat to be around that guy and get to watch him coach you know o Wine tight end receivers. As far as the offense goes, what he did was badass. Now, the dysfunction and what we had in the building between like head coach and OC and GM and the things that we had go on behind the scenes are just ludicrous now looking back at it, Like GM's texting mid game to the O Seed to play a guy on the bit, like just damn really really.
Speaker 3: Tell you that stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean, I had our quarterback coach, Dal Logins, he was he was awesome, Markansas se see guy. We had a cool relationship and we talked about a lot of this shit because them being coaches in the league for you know, four or five six years before that, they had never seen anything like this. And there's a clip that came out and I see it on Twitter every now and then, but it's from twenty fourteen one of our Browns games and Kyle Shanahan's going to call his play and the camera on the sidelines looking at him, and the head coach jumps on the mike, Mike Pettan and he's like, hey, run the ball here, and Kyle Shanahan kind of looks at him like, what the fuck are you talking about? Bro? I game plan all week, every fucking day for this defense to go out and get in seven to eleven in the red zone and run this play that we have called in our quarterback room to go score a fucking touchdown. What does he do fucking fakes it and keeps it and throws it in the flat for a touchdown. Just look there looking at each other like to standoff. It's a Mexican standoff and I've seen the clip and we're sitting at him for the fucking your piece in with mouthful of seeds, like happen along and I'm watching this go along, like what in the fuck are we doing? And that was how it was for the first you know, my first season, and you know, me and Brian Hoyer with Brian Hoyer was a guy who was trying to you know, this was his shot to get a chance to start, to go make some money, to make a name. And this has ended up that year propelled him to being able to go to Houston and back to New England and go, you know, live a life in the NFL. That year of him finally getting getting the start, you know, our relationship was a little rocky there. I'm the young punk that you know the media talks about every day and all the things that come into it.
Speaker 3: It's got to be tough on his side to see.
Speaker 2: I see it from his side though, I completely get it. If this punk kids in the way of my job, I'm gonna outwork him and out out out fucking grind him to go make my fucking four million bucks from the Browns and go on and try and make ten or twelve from Houston. That puts my kids through school, no question. But that changes my life to where my house is better, my life is better, my way of life is better. So like I completely get it from from Hoyer's view looking back at it now, at that point in time, we're fucking snarling each other every day. And next year, you know, offensive coordinator staff leaves, we get a new staff in, but we got Josh McCown and that guy. I will look back until I'm ninety years old one day and say, what a fucking dude, Yeah, a real one. He walks in the first day, O, man, Josh Cowen, nice to meet you. Anything you fucking need, anything you want to learn about football? Tie fucking stringing my backpack? You follow me around. I promise I'll fucking teach you some shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah just like that.
Speaker 2: You yeah, down every day, teach protections.
Speaker 1: Do this.
Speaker 2: I came from a system in college where we're looking out and if the linebackers tucked in, we're literally throwing a bubble to the fastest guy on our team. That's how we ran our offense. Fucking can can and flipping the play and all this, like that's just how how it was. I'd go, Jake Hook, throw the bubble, Jacob, We'd figure it out. We just ran backyard style of football. But you see the comparison from that first year to the second, and you know, I learned, I love, I love my second year there. I learned a lot about ball, got to be around some good guys. But just the two contrasts, it is all about fit. And I feel like if I had the situation I had my second year my first, things would have gone a lot different. You think, so, I know, so, oh.
Speaker 3: You know, so I like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I yeah.
Speaker 3: That building, dude, I mean the only like I had to be tough twenty fourteen Joe Thomas the best thing in there. Yeah, I mean other than that, Like you guys are win one two games a year.
Speaker 2: We were seven and four going into our Thursday night game at the break and then we lost all five coming home. That's tough, brutal real.
Speaker 1: Isn't it crazy how much dysfunction that there can be with certain teams, like in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Especially growing up, because you're like in the NFL, look at anything that's it. You think everyone's legit, you think everyone's a style, you think all the coaches got their shit together. Yeah, Like you can get there and you're like, oh, this is.
Speaker 1: In playing it is a little bit better than playing at Michigan playing at A and M Nebraska. Like you go, You're like, man, this is this is what it's like in college the operation the Obviously you're younger and you have no clue like what they're going through as coaches and shit, be like, oh if it's like this, like it's only gonna be ten x this in the pros like strength and conditioning like all this stuff, and you get training, training room, all this stuff, and then you kind of get there and you're like, you see that money goes.
Speaker 2: It's really downgraded from A and M to C.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you see, Oh money goes to the players, not facilities and how the players actually keep up with their bodies and stuff like stuff like all that. It's it's nuts, man.
Speaker 2: The NFL is a crazy The game has changed a lot than when we were growing up kids watching the NFL. I feel like in the last five or six years, not only are guys playing longer just because of I feel like the training method is certain things, but there is a Miles Garrett type of motherfucker coming out in the draft every single year.
Speaker 3: It seems like every years. Oh, this guy's the best grade in the last forty years. This guy's the best grading. Like these just more f.
Speaker 2: They are more playing fourteen years, Chase Young comes out this year, there's gonna.
Speaker 3: Be in other one that comes out of this show, another one at Ohio State Dude House. It just kicks him out right now.
Speaker 1: Like legit, bigger, faster, stronger. But it's like when does it?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: Everything? Have you seen Miles Garrett?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Cross said that poor little white dude on the court.
Speaker 3: Did you see that? Cross him twice? And Dug staring at him like could he put in the NBA? I don't he got up bodies and dudes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean get that put him in there? A foul people foul out, all right?
Speaker 3: Pray for me. Blockfolio Podcast ad copy got that one knocked it out of the park. Blockfolio is the world's most popular mobile app for cryptocurrency tracking and trading. Build your portfolio by following the prices of more than ten thousand coins. Get phone notification updates directly from the projects you care about. These Eyes, my Dude, and these octos awesome. One thing that can see better is all the good things you can get a blockfolio. Uh, buy and sell a bitcoin, ethrom do doge coin and other top to well with absolutely zero fees. That's zero fees, dude, your audition. It's like Pokemon cards when you're growing up. Dude, you're just snapping them things off, no problems, there's no fees there and get a free coin with every trade over ten dollars. So you just you're making money by trading blockfolio. I mean, it's it's unbelievable. This is the app store and download Blockfolio for free to play Blockfolio investing for crypto for the crypto generation, talk about your experienced crypto. It scares the shit out of me, to be totally honest. Hey, I'm one hundred percent about you with that crypto shit, dude, they trade twenty four to seven. It's scary as hell to tey some. You get on that thing with bockfolio, you start trading at ten dollars a pop, you're gonna make some money. Just put enough, Just do me a favor. Put enough in where you can go. It doesn't matter if I want to lose it, and you might win some more. You might do some more and guess what, we're all billionaires.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 3: Three comments in that bank account. It's all we want.
Speaker 1: Hey, now they a phone number. Now's the time to do it though, because it's dipped. It's fucking oh yes, now it's time to throw that money in.
Speaker 3: If it dips, dude, stocks always go up.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's the borstore us a little a little bit, man, if it was done exactly?
Speaker 3: Did see it?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I can't. There's something about it.
Speaker 4: It's something about my you know, when I'm on social media and I see I see so many kids and young kids and dudes I know in LA that aren't like that, you know, in the influencial world. I lived in LA for almost seven years, so like just I started seeing it happening, like you know, there's obviously been a big boom, but I just.
Speaker 2: Something about it feels slightly faulty to me. I'm just going with my gut, like I can't. I can't really like get behind it completely.
Speaker 4: And my you know, my money guys would just say, hey, you can put it a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know, but yeah, they wouldn't advise, you know. I asked them, like what they would advise. They'd say that said like one to five percent.
Speaker 1: That yeah, that's what like I want to say that the big money firms have came out and said like, hey, be a part of your portfolio.
Speaker 2: I'm just we're fucking up the blockfolio ad but we.
Speaker 3: Use yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm in that.
Speaker 1: Ship, like.
Speaker 2: Alex, I get it, though, I get it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I definitely love the idea, like a decentralized thing, you know, but I'm just super curious what like the Fed's gonna do with it.
Speaker 3: That's the thing that scares the ship out of me. Two things scare me. One, if this thing starts getting too strong America, China, these world dominators are going to be like, you're not gonna make our dollars zero.
Speaker 1: China's already said you can't trade boom there it is. That's what That's what tangd this.
Speaker 3: And then the other side of it is I'm terrified of getting left behind, make all this money. I'm doing real good, and then all of a sudden, there looking at this paper, you don't mean nothing, you know what I'm saying, Because now everyone's doing crypto, everyone's doing that. It's kind of scary, interesting time to be laugh for sure. It is very wild out here, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So back to the pot. Where were we at?
Speaker 3: I think we're just talking any and I think it seems like you're doing really well.
Speaker 2: Man. Things things are things are great. I have I have no complaints, you know, just uh fuck man, Go play golf in the morning. I have a couple of cocktails, hang with the boys, maybe laid by the pool. Yeah, tradefolio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go, trade on.
Speaker 4: We've had enough cocktails in the last seven days in National this place, Fox, Nashville.
Speaker 2: Fox, What a town. We can definitely talk about Nashville because this place has been this.
Speaker 4: How's your guys experience been traveling a lot? I'm probably gonna move here. Uh we've been talking a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you text me back in February and I'm moving in March first. Yeah, you've been.
Speaker 4: One like, uh pretty, I'm as bout as close as to nomad as you can be right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I uh, you know one I started. I started doing it when when COVID happened in l A. I was just like, I get the fuck out of here. You know, it was very very strict there. It's just like kind of had wanted to leave for a while. Not your typical l A type of guy. Really everyone's wanted to leave too, is there a long time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And it's just like it's just a certain vibe there that.
Speaker 1: It doesn't get my you know what I mean, doesn't get the rock.
Speaker 4: So so it looked that felt like an opportunity to just and I and I kind of you know, I've been a touring man for a long time, with tour a lot like in the last probably you know, six seven years. So I love being around different places and I make music and podcastings. I do it all in my house really so and it's fairly easy nowadays.
Speaker 2: Like I had your buddies over there.
Speaker 4: They came and helped us produce one of our episodes last week and showed them our setup, like my music set up.
Speaker 1: To my fucking bedroom just running gone.
Speaker 4: It's super simple, like it really is, and it's and you can make studio quality, album quality stuff. So I just kind of noticed as I was traveling and started doing this, like I get new energy everywhere I go, you know, there I get a I got a new feeling, you know, the new things, new people. I'm seeing that I definitely am able to channel creatively and I feel that, you know, especially after being there seven years and making it more or less, you know, making music in the same three rooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these two studios, I've worked in my house.
Speaker 4: So you know, it was just it was something I want to lean into for as long as I can.
Speaker 2: And Nashville definitely is on top of the totem.
Speaker 4: Poll as far as like where I would settle again, But I'm not a huge rust to settle.
Speaker 3: Why would you? It seems like I'm like watch and following you guys. It seems like you guys got a great gig going for you guys. You know, kids, you can go figure stuff out. Well, where have you been? You've been to Montana Scott's on here.
Speaker 1: That seemed like the dopest spot is Montana Animals every day and that.
Speaker 2: Anyone. I literally didn't see anyone the entire time, and it was awesome. It was what I wanted, you know, a.
Speaker 3: Lack of energy. Tough though, I feel like I feel like I've missed that a little bit, Like, well, the awesome.
Speaker 4: Going I'm going places more or less for like two to three months.
Speaker 2: So so there we actually extended.
Speaker 4: I actually only got that for like I want to say, I started was six weeks and I extended to like nine weeks there because we loved it. But at the end we're like it it was really nice. It was really really nice. And and and I'm a big I'm a big nature guy. I've gotten a lot further down into spirituality and just I like.
Speaker 2: I like peace and quiet, I really do.
Speaker 4: So I know it doesn't look like it all the time, but yeah, just like the ying and the yang of it both, like I like, you know, we went to Scottsdale, which was fucking raw raw. We were going nuts. You know, it's a super fun place Montana, you know. And then I kind of that's kind of what we're doing in flip Flopping. I'm also haven't toured in a few years. So obviously as soon as this this is all kind of calming down with COVID, you're seeing the events open up and big crowds gathering. So I don't know if I'll settle until after this this next week this year.
Speaker 1: So what's the rhythm with ball don't lie?
Speaker 2: I mean it's every it's every other week. Yeah, we're doing bi weekly, but it's pretty much by we as many as we can whenever we're around. You know, we haven't really talked about doing any guests or anything because you know, we're I would say, we're maybe moving a little bit different than most people that are doing the podcast of at least for me, like talking a lot more about life and just like our experiences we're going through it. What's helped us try and be better people and what makes you know, maybe our life a little easier or just trying to improve and what we're learning as we go on. We probably talk a little bit more deeper and you know, the most about a podcast. But for me, I'm not trying to you know, I never started ball On Wide to try and have a number one podcast in the world. I never wanted this to be my next thing that I'm doing to be a full time job or anything.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Something I want to have fun and share a little bit of my message and something that you know we're going for. You know, we've got to travel around do something in Scottsdale here, I'm going for self sustainable broch shit where you know, around.
Speaker 3: My dogs and underrated that's an underrated thing to say, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not seriously, I know a lot, Like I've no tons of athletes. I just wanted people to like hanging out. It's just been my favorite guy to He's just a fucking good old boy.
Speaker 2: I like good old boys, like you know, being talented or being successful.
Speaker 4: Trust me, I like I like to compete, you know, like what you're saying about competition. That's actually been something that I adam like, I adamantly work on getting rid of that chip, like looking at life and that's bottom line, like kind of a lot of my podcasts like you DM and we talk about it, like a lot of it's on like self growth because I just perspective change. I was very very much in the athlete bubble my whole life growing up, and and.
Speaker 2: Just what that does to you.
Speaker 4: What it takes to be great, you know, like to be a great athlete, It takes that takes that ego of like man, fuck you, it's a competition, fuck you, fuck you, I'm better, Like I'm gonna work hard or why not not me?
Speaker 2: You know, like, And it's been interesting. It's been really interesting for me personally.
Speaker 4: But I know he's like he's been on this wave and I kind of wanted to just see people have have people hear him talk about how we talk when we're on a balcony in my house, like or traveling around.
Speaker 2: We have these talks.
Speaker 4: And I was just like, let's just do a podcast, fuck it, you know, I just want people to know.
Speaker 2: I want people.
Speaker 4: Well, he came on Mind and it did really well, and people like, dude, thanks for showing Johnny like that. I didn't even know Johnny was like I thought he was a fucking deuce, you know, like what she's just because.
Speaker 1: Usually people control the narrative that when you don't have your own right and like I would never he's.
Speaker 2: Just not you know.
Speaker 4: So I was like, Yo, why don't we do it and just let's just talk how we talk, you know, And and that's really what it leans. It leans a lot more. It leans a lot more like kind of guy's guy like work.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's like.
Speaker 4: Trying to trying to go more down the spiritual like path of enjoying life, and you know, like the regrets. This is a guy who you know, I know what I do to myself if I fuck up, and I have one million people paying attention to watching what he had, you know, so I'm actually inspired by people like that who can like pick themselves up when it's tough. Man Like, when you when you fall from graces, it's really it's really a challenge to pick yourself up and be able to enjoy life, you know what I mean, Like, yeah, it really is, and a lot of people are faking it, you know what I mean. And I started to see a shift in him personally where I was like, you're happy, you know what I mean, Like you're doing like every day to day he was, you know at my house in scott said day to day more happier than I was, And you know what I'm And I had no fuck, I didn't have these like you know, I didn't have I never really dealt with depression or some of the things he dealt with or at the scale he was dealing it. And I was neighbors with him then and I saw how he was then. So I started to see the energy shift where it was just like man, he had he's at peace with it, and it's it's been inspiring to me to be for me to be around because I know I didn't have those There were very drastic, you know, drastic fall from graces where everyone personally, like everyone in here. You know, it's hard sometimes it's hard to gather better and no one's watching. No one's watching, no one gives a ship and real shit, and like no one's watching.
Speaker 2: So to have a lot of people watch.
Speaker 4: And kind of have that and break that, break that down, break those walls down where he can be happy genuinely, like have a comforting energy to be around, be a nice person.
Speaker 2: It's inspiring me. I like that.
Speaker 1: And it's relatable because everyone says their listens like oh damn, Like everyone goes through Yeah, sure, everyone's.
Speaker 2: Got I mean, as much as we get hyped up, and whether it's music or sports or whatever it is, you're put on a pedestal when it's really not. I mean, everybody has the same problems at home this that that anybody across the world has. But the media and sports, traditional media at least what we deal with in the locker room or anything like that, doesn't pay a lot of attention to it a lot of time a time in it. I think the mainstream media almost dehumanizes people more and puts you on just strictly athlete and what it is. Yeah, the cool thing about the way media shiftings now is this is media. This is your platform, your This is your own platform to talk the way you want to talk, get your message out because I guarantee you after a game or this or that you get back in the car and drive home. At least for me back in the day, I'd always think about different things I would want to say, or this or that, or getting done with a sporting event where you lose your immediate reaction going into the fucking podium in the locker room with your fucking suit on, sweating like a fucking pigs like yeah, bro through three fucking picks and we lost thirty to nothing.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, do you think my way?
Speaker 2: So like the whole the whole thing is kind of like shifting and just changing to where you can tell your story the way you want to. And I think hearing you say earlier about like getting on Twitter and seeing certain things. I've used the app button on Twitter to see what people say to me, right, I've used to it just people in my mentions, whether it's random fans or all this. Yeah, I've used that to over the last year find what still makes me pissed off. So, for example, find something that I used to be a reactor on Twitter. You say something to me, I'm waiting for the opportunity.
Speaker 3: You gottammo, you got am on everybody.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to go. My favorite thing now I use it as that hit me and made me feel some type of way. Why does that make me feel that way anymore? Why do I feel like that in my head or in my heart that makes me want to get mad at this person, want to say something back or react negatively or something that I'm going to regret. And I think I've used a lot of that and the negativity and the hate that I've had towards me to work on things that I didn't necessarily like about myself or I needed to fix or didn't even know bothered me.
Speaker 3: For the process that people are listening to this going fuck, I deal with that all the time. So when you see something that makes you upset, what's the process you go through to get rid of those that feeling inside?
Speaker 2: I've I used to be a the same fast twitch where I was on the football field, I was in every aspect of my head throughout my life. I see something, I react right away. Yeah, my biggest thing is just to take back and look at it and just kind of whether I type it out immediately and something that I'm not gonna send, I review it, I look back at it. I make sure that that's how I want to interact with people. And I'm the biggest believer these days and positivity and good fucking vibes. I have no reason to be mad at anybody anymore. I've let a lot of the hate out of my heart go from the past of whoever I felt wrong me or this or that, or the guy on ESPN who's telling me I'm a fucking bomb. Right, Yeah, but you hit Johnny.
Speaker 4: The biggest thing is you've hit it yourself for a for.
Speaker 2: A long time. I mean nobody, you don't, at least for me. I beat myself up more than anybody in the media or anybody outside the world ever could have every day to the point of where I was questioned in my life if it was worth it was this, And it got to a point of where I never thought I'd have a good sunny day. Yeah, I didn't know if I'd have a day where I was ever happy again. So I look at it now and looking on my phone and we're talking about that is I have so much sense of gratitude for even being where I'm at and being able to even continue on through life that I'm able to slow down and kind of sit back and just relax and look at things in the bigger picture. You know, I try not, I try my best. I still fail daily and weekly to handle every situation correctly because I got my I got my things, I got my morals, I got my value. You know what I'm like, you cross them? My dad says to slap that motherfucker in the mouth when I was a kid, and that's just the way I was raised. If you crossed your line, does this, X, Y, and Z. Yeah, that's just how I was. And now I'm getting better at it. It's a work in progress, but more socially aware, and I treat people the way that I won't want to be treated for the most part, and if I don't, if I try to apologize and make sure it doesn't happen again moving forward, it could all be so simple if you allow your mind to believe it.
Speaker 3: That's very cool.
Speaker 7: Football is like a football elswell said, by the way, Yeah, you like that, But dude, football is I mean to be to be great at what y'all do.
Speaker 2: It just takes so much aggression. And you know what I mean, really wired. You guys are wired different, bro, Yeah, fucking trenches. I try to We played you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your first away never was against the Titans. Congratulations, thank you very much. Yeah, that was awesome. I was outstanding. We're a tough flight home. I'll tell you that. It was a tough flight home for the boys.
Speaker 2: I figured everybody would want to get the hell out of cleaning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at that point, I was like, give me the funk out of here. That's tough.
Speaker 4: But you're just savage, you know what I mean, Like you're I appreciate that, and but you're wired in a certain way where that's why you are.
Speaker 2: That's why you're so great.
Speaker 4: You're obviously God's gifted and talent and size that's rare.
Speaker 3: Yeah, forty three forty three hundred dolls, dude, hopefully one of them got my back. Dude, that's pretty solid. But I just don't that's it's tough, dude. Like having the mindset you talk about all the time of being like competitive and yeah, like we were bred the same way. If you play football at a young age, it's kind of like you fucking scratch and claw, and you keep going until that guy quits before you. And if you quit, you're a bitch. You gotta do something different. And it's like the whole ego thing is so difficult for me to wrap my mind around, and I tussle with it all the time because it's like I read books like Egos the Enemy by Ryan hall Day. It's a great book if anybody wants to read that. That's a solid book to like kind of catch yourself up on, like what's really should be ego because ego is not a bad thing if you use it in the right way. Yeah, I know, it's It's well, self improvement is the most important thing. And I wish I knew that when I was twenty one, twenty two. You know what I'm saying, things that bugged me wouldn't bugged me. Is like they don't bug me as much anymore. I still get upset about stuff when people say things, but like, at the end of the day, no one knows. And it's so weird how like the Twitter thing is because if someone tweets the me, he goes, you're a dogshit husband, you'r a dog shit dad. It's like to me, I'm like, say whatever you want because they don't know me. But the minute someone say you're a bad football player, I'm like fuck because they get to watch me every Sunday and like that do they know that I don't, you know? And so I've like tussled with this ego thing for so long and yeah, like pregame, like during the game, like that's who I am, a primitive fight or flight like I'm a fighter, Like that's that that allows me to display that. But you know, when if things, when do you stop looking at things? Is ego? I got to be better than everybody? Then start looking at things objectively, like how do I accomplish this goal without having to frustrate or upset everybody else around me to get the thing done? And that's what I've like this last six months. We talked about it a few times with this ACL dude, this it's fucking brutal. I don't even want to go outside. I don't want to go outside. I don't want to do stuff. I wake up, I get up in the morning, I'm like, I gotta go tussle with this again. The first time I really went and did anything social in the last six months was at that Preds game.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: And even when I'm at the Preds game chugging the beer, thank you very much, I'm a colleg yeah, and I was like, okay, yeah, I felt bad. I did feel like back to life.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: But even when I was drinking the beer, dude, my only thought was don't drink this beer because if you do, that's inflammation. Then your needs this and that. So I just poured that thing all over me. Didn't consume one of it.
Speaker 2: Wow, one ounce, That's crazy, that was your thought them.
Speaker 3: It's just it's wild how it consumes you and watching your process of what you go through. Just because our successes have looked different in the NFL doesn't mean I don't battle the same thing as you do. Every single NFL player deals with that, whether they want to admit it or not. So when I'm going through and I see that, I know that it's possible for me to now change my mindset when I get out of there, because the way I live it's so obsessive and it's so like focused on football. Everything is like how could I maximize this? And then when I'm done, like I had to make a big one eighty otherwise it's not sustainable.
Speaker 2: It's great. It's great that you're like that, though. Yeah, that's the first step is getting is getting your mind to allow allow it to think that way. And maybe a lot of it's just the youth and and like maybe the football growing up, but maybe it's just just being young and getting to a point of where maybe you're everybody reaches the point and maybe where they're able to start having their mind go to that point where they can begin to understand it a little bit. People asking all the time, I'm like, I don't know if there's one single thing that happened that made me look at it any differently. It's just life kind of started working in a way where my mind started thinking this and I just grabbed onto it and fucking held on for dear life. And now I've got people around me, and I surround myself for the first time with people who are like minded and get it, and you know, we're all going in a collective type of way with the goal of trying to be better. Is it's it's it's it's really.
Speaker 4: I think there's a shift happening though, And I mean, dude, I didn't grow up like I didn't think about any of this ship.
Speaker 2: I just trying to fuck as many girls I could still.
Speaker 1: Be the best in our sports.
Speaker 2: It hasn't hasn't changed much there.
Speaker 4: To go to the bar, you know what I mean, Like just the idea of like I just know, like it actually gets it actually gets me out of bed, It gets that gets my rocks off to like think that I'm I'm seeing things on a bigger scale and it's not. I realized, Like bro, I think most of us walking the streets, like athlete or not, you're so immersed in your own bubble, like think you can zoom out a little bit, you know what I mean. And that's what it feels like, zooming out just like okay, like this isn't who I am, Like I'm not, I'm not I'm not my last mistake, I'm not my last thought, you know what I mean? Like that there's a bigger that's That's what it feels like to me.
Speaker 2: And that's where I feel like Johnny's gone down that path.
Speaker 4: And I think most people like my stuff and listen to some of my stuff that I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm not going from a preaching perspective. I'm just saying, dude, I was the opposite.
Speaker 4: I was such a you know, I wasn't outwardly egotistical, like oh I'm the man fun you know, but like in my head, it was all about me, every relationship, how I reacted to my girl, you know what I mean, even the way I was thinking about things just.
Speaker 2: Not I just realized at one point I was like, dude, everything.
Speaker 4: I really think everything revolves around me all the time, and it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not the case. You know. If I would have wrote down my character traits of how I treated people and what I was doing at my time in the league twenty fourteen, twenty fifteen, it would have been just a horrendous list of not even doing it by accident. But like Mike's saying, just thinking things revolve around me and things are supposed to go this way. How the way I was living my life was just so shallow and closed minded and narrow minded to the point now of like like I said earlier, can it can be simple. It doesn't have to be this cluttered, crazy rat race to get to the end goal of what just and live your life? And we talk about this all the time, is I'm chasing happiness, and that's one thing that I'm chasing in my life. I got more than I need, still hungry to go and try and get more. But at the same time, I'm chasing putting more smiles on my face every year than I did last year.
Speaker 1: Yees go, how do you think you chase happiness?
Speaker 2: Though? Man, I'm starting to be honest with myself probably and what I like to do. You know, for a long time in my life, like I said earlier, I didn't like doing much of anything. Going and picking a football up didn't make me happy. Going and riding a dirt bike or doing this, or going to blake or doing any of that. Golf didn't all. None of this stuff really really made me happy anymore. So now me and him play fucking beer pong all the time. I haven't won a game since I've been in Nashville, got it, but it gives me my competitive edge. Is something I love to do. I love little bar games. I played darts. I'm up two hundred and fifty bucks a day. I'm making money and playing bar games. And it's just like I'm starting to see different things in my life that are really coming back. I'm almost reverting back to my childhood. I guess I would say I'm finding more things that I didn't know that I liked that I did growing up. I'm slowly starting to get back to it. Like second week into Nashville, we're in the country, going, playing golf, doing things. Is being away from people. I'm like, man, I love this again. I want to start doing this. And you know, luckily where I'm out of my life. You know, I'm not married, no girl, solo, fucking ranger out here trying to take on the world. So you know, I have the luxury to be able to kind of just do what I want to do and find what makes me happy. Now, if you had to ask me this a year ago, i'd have told you I don't fucking know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like it's like enjoying like just the small things that like bring you joy. Because when you when you when you say that, I'm like, and I get this from like the book we were on self awareness, because a lot of this shit we're talking about is like self awareness perspective. And it's like the way they talk about it in the book is like happiness is on cause like how can you acquire something that you you innately already have, and ultimately, at the end of the day, it's more so realizing that you've got to drop a bunch of ill illusions that we labor ourselves with, like football player, all this stuff that we think revolves so much around us. It's more like dropping those illusions. But ultimately it seems like we're like saying the same stuff because I'm like, I've heard you say that too, and I'm like, how do you chase happiness? So you explained that, you explained it to I was like, Okay.
Speaker 2: You spend more time with yourself by yourself throughout a day than you do anybody else, your wife, whoever it may be. You spend probably more time in your own head with yourself twenty four hours a day, seven days a fucking week. If you can't fucking be honest with yourself, how are you gonna be honest with other people around it? And I think that's where self awareness with me has come from, is man, I felt like I used to be a guy that would lie and I lied to myself about you know, what I saw through my eyes or what was going on or whatever. But when I started to truly be honest with myself. It's worthy acceptance of not really loving football, and this came and not wanting to do that. It all came from just being like, you feel this way, be honest with yourself about it, embrace it and let it be what it is. And from that I felt like I continue to achieve more self awareness through that. It starts yourself honesty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: Oh not the conversation you thought Johnny Maanzel was gonna come on and have.
Speaker 2: But here we are.
Speaker 3: A fucking up anyway.
Speaker 1: You got you guys?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: Guys? Are the with the guests? Now do the third one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah? Where am I starting at the top?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah all right. So. Bose Quiet Comfort earbuds are the world's most effective noise canceling earbuds. I don't know if I don't know if you've had a pair of bows, but they are, they're they're quite fantastic. Yeah. I would liken them to a Chuck Budge lay in the same ballpark, just maybe whatever.
Speaker 4: Uh. Bose Quiet Comfort air buds deliver world class noise canceling, elevating your focus.
Speaker 2: They provide crisp, clear sound.
Speaker 1: Wherever you are.
Speaker 2: You want to take us over. Yeah, they're super comfortable and touch controls are easy to use. They're great for any phone calls you need to make. If you want to get yourself a pair of bows, go to bos dot com s. That's barstool to roll the quiet with your own bows. Quiet comfort ear putts rule the quiet.
Speaker 1: Hey they are. You can be working on those.
Speaker 3: They're getting shorter. You know how you got it, Well, you're getting shorter. That's that of bullshit. Once you guys gave me it was goddamn.
Speaker 2: Tail.
Speaker 3: Two cities in front of port and oil.
Speaker 1: You guys they're reading the pop up.
Speaker 3: Yeah they had pictures. You just had some fucking guy putting headphones in. Uh hey, but hey they stick.
Speaker 1: Though you'll be working out thinking they're gonna fall sweating, they stick. They're phenomenal. Joe Rogan, Yeah, no, go ahead. I'm just trying to make sure we're a bunch of I'm trying amazing making sure. You know, you gotta get the you gotta get the phone. You're doing a massage that. Yeah, they crushed it.
Speaker 3: Did you do the boat thing? Did we do the whole bust thing? Yeah, they did the entire thing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Oh, then what do you meant about.
Speaker 1: I'm just making sure you massage the entire advertisement.
Speaker 2: You guys.
Speaker 3: If you don't wear boas headphones, fuck yourself, dude. I know, I know, we're talking about ego and all that. They Literally, if you want your life to get better, fucking pop on an audio book and don't let and cancel ship out. Pop on the pod. Put fucking listen to whatever you want to hear this part. You want to get some lightning, put the fucking Bowson stop right now, Paul is the whole entire thing. Go buy some bows, come back, go to bos dot com, slash barstool and whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Due, I like, I like this question on the screen. I want, I want. Will Julio Jones be a Titan?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think so?
Speaker 1: Do you think so?
Speaker 3: I dude, I'm all fun. He's like, okay, my ships. I'm just I'm in dude. Those are many pushing the chips and I almost broke our shots. You can get at the merch store, at barstool, whatever dot com.
Speaker 1: If Julio goes to the Titans, like cancel Christmas dude on paper man, how is that not one of the better offenses is gonna watch this I'm not is all about that.
Speaker 3: Verbal's all right, I'm not on the Titan.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan of Tannehill. You like, he's an Aggie. We love him. You give him, Julio, what the weapons you guys already have? I think you, uh, how could you not have? I hopes?
Speaker 1: I mean you got Derek Henry at two thousand yard rusher an O line like they have a j Brown Julio Jones on the other side, Tannehill delivering the rock. Anthony firkser, Oh yeah, don't sleep on for guys.
Speaker 3: Big sure, yeah, probably runs a five flat four, but he has like a one four ten split dude, Yeah, yeah, sure.
Speaker 2: What's your take on this?
Speaker 1: I don't think it's it's Cam Newton is the best player to ever lace them up.
Speaker 3: As take unpopular opinions, I think, I mean, you're arguably that Tim Tebow's arguably.
Speaker 2: That I said it took a bow to I was gonna say I took a national championship to be considered the go to college football I would I would think that would would have to be fair.
Speaker 3: That's a fair that's a fair statement.
Speaker 2: Reggie Bush definitely gets a bad shake because he took a little money in college.
Speaker 3: Jesus, he did what.
Speaker 1: He did what every college football player wants. They all want to get like, oh, hey, we you know, am I going to be recruited high enough to give me a little vehicle?
Speaker 2: Mean? This is this is the whole thing that, hopefully in the next couple of years changes in college football is. And these guys come from nowhere to get a chance to go play football. And guys are coming up to you, you know, offering you money or this and that. This is more money than you've ever seen in your life your family has in their bank account. Tell them you're gonna punish this kid because of that, because maybe his family got a Malibu beach house while he was playing at USC or whatever. But hey, some players, some players are better than others. If you fucking ran the rock like Reggie Bush should have fucking two malibui, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think that's a bad thing at all. I was praying to the gods I would get some money in college. I would did I go check that mailbox? Goddamn another bill I was hoping for. I wanted something.
Speaker 2: But even at Michigan bro.
Speaker 3: I caught myself a couple of like free meals. Every once in a while, I go pay a tab and they'd be like, now, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Oh line. In any college locker room or NFL locker room, it's funny. For the most the O linemen that I feel like I've been around, they're always about the free meal, the free.
Speaker 3: Get that free Shoot, that's all I got it. If I ever got something it was like a free meal, like some waffle fries and a chicken sandwich, I'd be like, hell, yeah, let me get that tab, I guess, and they're like, no, don't worry about it. And I'm like walking the class like I'm a fucking gangster. I'm out here breaking NCAA violations. No problem for some waffle fries. But you hear about like Matthew Stafford getting five hundred thousand dollars in his mailbox and.
Speaker 1: Everybody wanted to walk in and have that nice envelope sitting.
Speaker 2: Yeah did You might have talked about this a couple of times before. Yeah, dude, I got lucky. I went. Yeah, we went to we would go to like the Wild World of Sports for the College Football Awards at the end of the year. And then if you want an award there. We went to Miami and it was for the National Championship Game, and I'll never forget getting off the plane and walking the baggage, claiming, this guy comes up behind me. I didn't have my fucking bows noise canceling. This guy's got a future in this. This guy comes out to behind me. As I go, how would you want to make three grand? I'll turn around like, fuck yeah, bro, sixty five bucks in my bank account and waiting on that, uh you know, beginning of the month January stipend check four hundred and sixty dollars or whatever it was. I'm like, hell yeah, I want to make I want to make three grand. So I take this guy's number down. Had one of my boys at the time, who was you know, I guess I created a little bit of an entourage at this point. My boys.
Speaker 3: Everybody wants everybody wants that. That's when the show was hot.
Speaker 2: I was watching it every day. At this point. I had to have the boys around. Vinnie Chase guys, and I had this. I had one of my boys take this guy's number. We're doing all sneaky. We don't want to get caught. We're trying to learn from everybody else that's got caught, and uh, you know, may or may not have gone back to this guy's condo and signed probably ten thousand pieces, oh relads everything.
Speaker 1: So he got out.
Speaker 2: He gave me three grand, got this port. I'm on Instagram trying to find out how to get a table at live.
Speaker 3: Do you guys have.
Speaker 2: Five hundred dollars minimum stage tables Live on Sunday? It's like, what I'm going for it. So I'm signing these autographs and this other guy who's like bringing the bringing the pictures over, He's like, yoh, you're getting fucking ripped off. Here's this guy's number. Hit him up. He'll give you thirty grand. And I'm like, fuck yeah, man, I'm three and then thirty. I'm gonna get out of here with thirty three grand.
Speaker 3: For those of you with the caculator, that's thirty three thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: So this guy pretty much is like, all right, go to this room with the fountain blue. All the stuff will be in there, laid out, and when you're done, just send me a picture of all of that. I'll give you the code of the safe. The money will be in there. Yeah, that's some fucking probably probably.
Speaker 3: Football.
Speaker 2: For the next four months, I went to that fucking condo once a month in fucking South Beach. Knock that shit out. I am a professional boxer and unboxer. Every mini helmet flat picture you could see. And it's funny when I signed autographs these days with my guy out of New Jersey, He's like, Jude, you's fucking packing yourself. I'll give you some extra bucks. No ship, but I got to go down. I got to I got to make a somewhat of a decent living in college. And we went.
Speaker 3: Times a year.
Speaker 2: We went nine six week next year. So if the NCAA wants to take my fucking nine and four season away and my Chick fil A Bowl against Duke, fucking blow me.
Speaker 3: One of the NCAA said, hey, we're taking your we're taking your ship away. You're a hetman.
Speaker 2: I never took a dollar until after I won the husband.
Speaker 1: He's got a feature, he's got a bright a fact.
Speaker 2: And I think my statute of limitations are up. So you can blow me again again. How's how's the wheel?
Speaker 3: It's good, dude, it's sucking hurting right now.
Speaker 2: It's your first major major surgery.
Speaker 3: First only surgery. I got my tonsils out though, when I was twenty one, so that was kind of a lie. That ship was brutal, d ill us like twenty five pounds.
Speaker 2: Yes, I got out with with no broken bones, no, no snuffing, no never. That's a That was a big part of it for me too. I was starting to get a lot of concussions at the end, though, Were you really which was bad? I got my ass knocked out in Canada going for the goal line. Wake up, like four lineman picking me up. A couple of minutes later, I'm like trying to run off the field like I was trying to run down Broadway last night.
Speaker 3: It looked quick, looks quick. Yeah, this is my first surgery. It's been way harder than I thought it was gonna be. When I first got I was like, man, four months, I'm gonna get clear. I'm gonna fuck this thing up. It's not been that road at all. It's been way harder. I guess you's got it. I'm fucking up.
Speaker 1: It's the best one though.
Speaker 3: Would you love a Georgia booth? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Talk about them.
Speaker 3: Oh we're up all right, ladies and gentlemen, God, my fucking LinkedIn. It's like back here. I don't know, I don't know. Let's see here, ladies and gentlemen. There's a lot of things that we love in this world, all right. We love a nice suit, all right, We love the small on a woman's back. For me, I love Georgia but all right, Georgia but is the world's most comfortable boot. Georgia butt is America's hardest working boot for eighty years, just eighty, not eighty one, not seventy nine. For eighty years, Georgie has been making boots that make that work as hard as you do, tough enough for your job, cool enough for everything else you want to go down Broadway, got a little concussy wabblowing around. Those things can keep your ankle stable, you know what I'm saying. Georgia Boot makes super good looking and super comfortable boots. So comfortable, Wait, so you'll never want to take the lost fucking bullshit. You can't put this so comfort dash ubble, that's gonna that's gonna ruin me every time. You never want to take them off. Now, I'm not so sure. Listen, we're not supposed to shoot down our ads. But I don't know if people are gonna want to wear these when you're sleeping. If you do, let us know. By us buy a Georgia boot and tell us I like looking good even when I'm working, and these boots do that. Literally. Sometimes I was like, hey, coach, listen, I'm gonna take this two minute drill in these Georgia boots. And he's like, Hey, you're an idiot. This is actual grass. My listen, buddy, you see how comfortable these are? No, I can't, but they look awesome and they're comfortable too. I say, these boots hold up in any conditions without sacrificing comfort.
Speaker 1: Comfort.
Speaker 3: Dude, you're in Green Bay in December, you're on that ice boom, you can wear the Georgia boot highlight Another one. Dude, do you want me to read all these jesus? It has comfortable technology for an athlete shoe packed with a great looking boot highlight Another one. Georgia Boot offers the best working boot wedges, lagger and laggers around. Whether you need a waterproof boots, steel toe, soft toe, square toe, met guard, non punctures, shank, shank, non slip soul, They've got it, dude, you go to jail. Get these boots, dude, head over to georgiaboot dot com use code bust in b U S s I N for twenty percent off. That's a big deal, dude, twenty percent off. Also Georgia Boot. Per Press's request, you need to take this logo and put it on a hat because it's pretty sick.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: Put a little patch on a nice little trucker piece, maybe a rope over across. We'll sell them.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we need wealties because we don't get free shoutouts around here. Boys.
Speaker 1: Man, you crushed it.
Speaker 3: You crushed that way. I was nervous. I know you are kind of the four of us getting a good friendship, and I was like, don't ruin it now. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I respect that for keeping the highlighting there. My only critique would be, as he gets into making the examples, we just go ahead and lower it. Because he was he was hitting those middle ones. We might not get to this.
Speaker 2: Come for dash of ball. That was that was trash.
Speaker 3: That is it's more position there. He knows the boy can't read that. This is the best routing I've done in a while too. If you guys go back, Thank you. Very much a lot. We had a couple more things. Are these the questions that were put out on Twitter? No, we didn't get oh Man touched on most.
Speaker 2: Of the stuff there.
Speaker 3: Twitsch kind of ruthless like that. Which quarterback will make the biggest impact this year? Which quarterback will make the bigges impact this year? Johnny, it's a great question.
Speaker 2: I don't know who's going to start. I guess Trevor Lawrence is going to start for sure. I would not, you know, put my money on the fucking Jets, so any of the other I would. I would say Trevor Lawrence. I like Trevor Lawrence the most out of this class. I think the guy's stud Jacksonville's got to be good eventually.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, keep a lot of it.
Speaker 1: You still keep up with, like watching the quarterbacks and all that time.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely more of a college football fan. I I uh, I'm definitely more of a fan these days. I don't necessarily have a team other than watch A and M and support my guys there. But you know, I'm a fan of you know, the real of the guys who like us come on the boss and hang out and do that. But you know, I did get a chance to watch a lot of these guys plays. I think, you know, probably the best situation will probably have to be Mac Jones. I mean, if one program is like the other, isn't New England more you know, like Alabama than than anywhere else.
Speaker 3: But Mac Jones had to compute Cam Newton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he might be in a good situation because you don't know how to I think.
Speaker 2: I think Justin Field will probably get thrown into the fire a little bit, and uh in Chicago, and and then you got Trey Lance and San Francisco is probably gonna get the wait half a season and the probably be thrown in there as well. So the guy who's gonna start from opening days is probably has to be Trevor Lawrence. Maybe's that Wilson. I don't know who else. They haven't uh getting rid of Darnold. I think he has to start. Huh yeah, pit second pick. You know in New York you want him to be your savior and lead you back to the to the playoffs. I mean, do you think you'd have to get him in there early?
Speaker 3: Do you think? Uh? You think Tim Tebow is gonna make it make the team in Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: I would be uh. I would be surprised if he went from playing quarterback to uh to making the team as a tight end. But I will say this, I would be very, very stupid to ever doubt and say that Tim Tebow can't do something. I am a huge t Bow guy. I go to the Heisman every year because I don't fucking play football anymore and every other guy does. So it's Teebo and me and we're next to each other every year that I've been and he's a legend, stand up guys, definitely a lot different than me. It's funny as hell when you turn on ESPN the Heisman, it's him sitting there like this and it's me a couple of bud lights in so sorry so but uh, you know, I would think, you know, Urban being his guy. He didn't. He didn't sign him and put him the position to not make the team. So I would love to see a jump ass.
Speaker 3: That'd be bad as if he did that.
Speaker 2: I would love to see him come back. I mean, I remember the last memory of t Bow in the NFL for me is uh is I feel like the game winner to the Marius Thomas on the slant against the Steelers in the playoffs. You know, that's all. That's all. That's a playoff win that. You know, a lot of other quarterbacks who are making a lot of money, you know, can't say that they have under their belt.
Speaker 1: No pain. It's hard to bet against Tebow. You're right, That's what I'm saying. He's got like the dudes about it.
Speaker 2: It's like huge, he's jacked, he's strong, he's athletic enough, like the guy obviously wants to if he's doing this, he wants to go in there and grind it out and try and get better. The hardest thing I think is that's a lot of years off. I'm really getting, no doubt, no doubt, hat placement and getting your right hand around the block on an outside zone type of thing. I don't think that's what he's in there for. But you also can't have a one dimensional tight end in the NFL where he just runs routes and does things like that. And I'm I think, I don't know a tight end game in the NFL has changed as drastically as any position in the league. I feel like just there's some real motherfuckers running routes at tight end right now, Like the guy in Oakland Waller guy is unbelievable. They're just getting bigger, faster, and quicker, and their catch radiuses are huge. I never really saw a team I as being that huge guy who will go out and make some plays. But I think, you know, I hope he makes it.
Speaker 1: He's going there to fucking block to like taking shots in the mouth against these freakds like Miles Garrett.
Speaker 2: Everyone want a wide fucking nine technique and I'm fucking playing tight end for my first game. Like the fuck wants to go block down you're a quarterback, I don't.
Speaker 3: I hate having to block a wide nine with a tight end. That's brutal. I'm like, you know, that's tough. Fucking those d ns are hard, dude. You put a guy that's like relatively the same weight, the tight ends have a hard job.
Speaker 2: Like like, get him off the ball a little bit, give me a little chip, let me help my tackle out out on the flat and catch the ball. Let Tebo do his thing. I think that's a no brainer, no brainer. But as far as like stretching the field vertical and doing some things that you have to do in the NFL, it's a tight end position. Gets asked to do a fucking.
Speaker 3: Lot, and nerver Meyer's offense is not a whole lot of not running a lot of tight ends out there, not only twelve, a lot of thirteen. I mean, if he's gonna run the same thing he did Ohio State or anywhere else, he's been right all day long, and so now then Tebow has to be a receiving tight end, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We kind of shocked by the outrage over the signing.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask you about that.
Speaker 2: I've been really shocked about it.
Speaker 1: I mean, are you surprised though the outrage?
Speaker 2: This is the world is getting really really, really really fucking soft and it's changing a lot. And the fact that like it's just wild, wild times Tebow went, did his TV did his thing. He's always been in the good graces. The guy's never said a bad word about anybody that I know of in general life. Ever. Guy's been stand up, stop playing ball, didn't get another opportunity, went and did his TV stuff, did a base job day, did the baseball thing. People were pissed at him because he was taking a roster spot there. Hey, newsflash, sometimes people get things that they may not be directly in line for but it happens. It's big business. Shit happens. Get over it.
Speaker 3: It's also networking too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, if anybody else other than Urban Meyer gets that job, t Bo's not there, he's not there. But it works that way. Hey, those guys win one, two national titles. They're still friends. This day. Before Erban got the job, I saw him in Scottsdale playing golf one day, and you know, you can tell just what kind of guy he's been the same guys from when I you know, knew Urban from my time in college and got to be around him a little bit. Like he's just loyal to his guys. I guarantee you a lot of people on that staff and Jacksonville are going to be former Gators, former Ohio State and and that's the same with any coach in the NFL. Rabel where to go to a different spot right now, brings these guys with them every time, and every coach in the league does. Everybody's got their boys that come on and get another three year, four million dollar deal. That's guaranteed even if you're even your type of thing. So guys are loyal to their guys. It is what it is if you're a good bro.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Rabel secretary stretches everywhere, wheel goes. Yeah, no question, Yeah, Rabel just fuck?
Speaker 2: Is he the guy? The man?
Speaker 3: He fucks got to be the alpha in the room.
Speaker 2: Have you challenged that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't go well because.
Speaker 1: It doesn't work out in your way.
Speaker 3: He says like things that aren't funny. But then it's like, well, well maybe if you bought that guy on third down. I'm like, well, dude, hey, listen talking about a sack right now.
Speaker 1: We had them on like I wasn't on the team. I was. Yeah, he murdered Will and we're both we're both sitting here. I think when I say it was in July of nineteen, so I was just chilling of rage, just bodying me up, and there's like, will you gotta say something? I'm like, what do I fucking say? Because I know I was, like, I didn't play a whole lot for him, so he can body bag me even more if I want to come after tough to watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, your friends, you hit by a car over and over again.
Speaker 2: You're gonna last up over again.
Speaker 1: First he hit that poor bastard, and anytime Taylors are around each other, like when we are on the team together, like he's got his jokes in front of everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he loves bringing he loves this podcast. He loves bringing it up. He's one of the loves bringing it up in team meetings. And then he loves saying I don't give a shit about your podcast, but then why do you keep bringing it up?
Speaker 1: And yeah, we'd be late in the year and he'd be like, let's check on what are social media managers up to today and pull my ship up. You're sitting their asshole tight, like god, I hope the boys laugh.
Speaker 3: Were just talking about the kids, the victory they had to beat the Ravens.
Speaker 2: It seems like you guys have a good dynamic in the locker room though. It seems like dude fucking having a blast out there. And that's fun. That's fun to see from That's what afar. That's just me turning around the game on fucking Sundays and being that also helps when Derek Henry runs the ball like a fucking freight tri Yes bro.
Speaker 3: Twenty fourteen, twenty fifteen. Two of the more miserable years of my life three and two and fourteen from recently and then, but like the locker room we got, like the dudes we have, you would love it you going there and knowing like I don't know, I feel like people care, but like not enough to like get on. You can be whoever you want there. Everyone's gonna accept you.
Speaker 1: Our locker room's dope, the broough Ship's nice.
Speaker 2: A lot of different characters in the UH. In the locker Room House, Tannehill been fitting in compared to like Mariota and the guys.
Speaker 3: He owned that thing as soon as he was starting. I remember, I don't remember who his first start was. It was after the Broncos game. I remember who we played after that, but I remember walking in. Him and Arthur Smith are sitting at a table by themselves, and I walked by him and Tannehill's like, I don't want this play. Take this out, I want this change this to a like he's like telling Arthur what he's like, what he likes and doesn't like. And for me, I'm like, that fires me up up because I know when you're calling that play, the OC knows that he likes it. He knows he likes it. He knows where the ball is going. Relative, and so he's been awesome.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 3: The guy is the guy's top notch. I'm a huge fan of his.
Speaker 2: I think had to be happy to see Marriotta ball a little bit last year.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we both committed to Oregon at the exact same time. We were in the same camp together and then kept in touch over the years, and he really is a legend, top notch. Classy fucking dude.
Speaker 3: Classy dude. He's another one of those guys like doesn't say a bad thing about anybody, works super hard, got a got a bad deal with the Titans.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think he's going to be successful. I just it was just tough here for whatever reason. I don't know if he got in his own head or I think he had a lot of success here that he's had memorable games coming back against Kansas City playoff win, Like, he's going to have things that Titans fans remembers him forever. But I think two maybe next year, two three years from now, he's going to be a starting quarterback. He's gonna be a stunt.
Speaker 2: I agree. I mean he's probably in that time, will probably be around the age we are right now. Maybe thirty years old, he's got five six, seven, eight years a good football left. I've always been a big fan of him. The guy. The guy can really fucking move, He's make good money. He's a great fucking dude. I've loved the time I've got to be around him. So, you guys had a bunch of different ocs over.
Speaker 1: The first couple of years when he was here, hit a different whatever year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it's that's the hardest thing that a lot of people don't know about the NFL. Being a young guy and him coming from Oregon this and this just happens with spread offenses. Coming from college to what we do in the NFL. You don't do a ton of stuff with protections or you know, you get to the league, I need to know exactly why you're squeezing down and this guy comes free, or if you're going to kick out to it and this guy's gonna come and hit me in my childs. There's just the level of football knowledge you have to have is just something you don't necessarily get from a Reid option spread kind of offense. And if you get a young guy and you're changing offensive coordinators, you know, every single year learning new verbiage and terminology. It's it's historically tough on any young guy who comes from that situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's why Tannehill's had so much success here is did He just seems like he's got he knows.
Speaker 2: You guys are running here. Tannehill was running the first day when I got to Texas A and M really so well Coach Sherman. Mike Sherman was our head coach, and we were running red Jet two and three jet same play pass to hold the exact same he is gangster. And then when he got drafted, he went to Miami and his offensive coordinator was Mike Sherman. He has been in the exact same system pretty much for almost his entire time, and and he was really really good at it when we were at A and M and I was sucking my thumb in the back of a fucking meeting room. And I'm sure he's only gotten better now because so he's a smart dude.
Speaker 3: He gets the thing out too. As an offensive lineman, you get that ball out, that's love. Has been a couple of times like, hey, I appreciate you. You're whiff a little bit. Some dudes and Miles Garrett coming around the corner or something like that. Danny. He takes a shot, but there's no sack. Statute looks good on my stilist jogged down next. Yeah, I think that's what I appreciate you guys, Yeah.
Speaker 2: For having a song. You know, we didn't want to come in here, and I was bombard the thing with chug buds and our own podcast type of talking about. I figured, uh, I have a couple of beers a day, come on the bus and hang with the boys and then have a good little chat. This is how it should be. Boys. Have you had what I've already been in the Broadway? I rode a scooter back to where we went and got those vodka o j the other day and got that same meal again. It was fucking badass. Really Pinewood social that's socialized city right there. He's taking e I totally Uh. I took a bird scooter from the Virgin Hotel. Wrote it through Downtown's cruising all morning.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Was your spot in Broadway right now? Where's you?
Speaker 2: Number one? F g L. I liked the stage, Hey, the stage They just kind of kicked back and laid back for me. Every time we've gone in there, we've had a blast. Everywhere else it's kind of been a little over the top.
Speaker 3: Was that where Mike spot is. It's it's like, yeah, it's top where it's at. I know, I think I know exactly what. Yeah, it's I think me and Derek, you know that, like Kroger Health thing. Me and Derek did a photo shoot for I think he's.
Speaker 2: In Taco Bell cant Know where you can get a Baja blast margarita? All about talking about you know, that was real life. The guys sitting there playing his guitar, like, Yo, what's up Taco Bell, Ye, make your way, get a taco and the margarita. I love it. Taco Bell Canteen. I highly recommended Taco Bell Canteen.
Speaker 3: The stage rips there, I don't but they played like blink on a two and like hit them like old all turned to punks. Dude, I love their music.
Speaker 2: I think I think we've touched soil just about every bar on Broadway. We want. We wanted a good run, we wanted the dark.
Speaker 1: I try and keep up, dude. I'm like Mike's out of gain, He's at another Just be a good one.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm I'm done. I gonna think I'm retiring off and for a while.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I got I gotta finish some music here and then where are you going next?
Speaker 1: Austin.
Speaker 2: We're gonna spawn, like Travis Nice.
Speaker 1: That's what we just wear. Man.
Speaker 4: Really, you're just after the batger Bartie, you do that? Did you guys get after it or what?
Speaker 1: Oh we got after it? We got We had a good time. My brother he sitting back there, there's about there's about eight of us, but yeah, it was. My voice was completely gone on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Smoky tone.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that again.
Speaker 1: Boy, my boy, Kenny Farkus, like this really like the eye of the storm, dude, Like it just starts going off because we we went out in downtown Austin for the first half of the day and then we're like, all right, let's go recharge for a few hours. Then we'll come back out of night with rainy street sixth Street, and uh, this storm just starts beating our ass. Dude, I'm talking. I mean you see the trees blowing sideways, all the patio furniture is lost, like it's gone. Uh that house starts low key flooding a little bit, like the fan is on, the fan is on inside, and water slinging around like it was the dock, the deck to the boat, the dock, the big ass cable snaps and it floats like twenty yards down the water. Bro, it was fucking insane. It's a bit of a.
Speaker 3: Deal out there.
Speaker 2: It's a good old Texas storm.
Speaker 3: He's just and in the middle of that too.
Speaker 1: It was hailing. That's why he's like covering his face right now because it's fucking hailing.
Speaker 3: He's it's a psychopath with Bro.
Speaker 1: He's going through.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sure, yeah, but I love that, appreciate that there be fun. But yeah, Man, Nashville definitely is. It's up there. I like the place a lot.
Speaker 4: There's something there's something to be said about the vibe that like the you know, I've been lived in New York and other places. You know, a lot of this is obviously a lot smaller than in New York City, but that feeling right where I'm at right now is like, you know, just walk out, like I come down.
Speaker 2: The elevators just you're in the trenches. People are going nuts.
Speaker 1: You know, you're trenches.
Speaker 4: It's it's like a celebratory place. You know, people are coming here for bachelor parties, bachelor rep party's, birthday parties.
Speaker 2: There's just feeling.
Speaker 3: There's always a concert, there's always a game, there's always something going on.
Speaker 2: Feeling in the air that's like more positive leaning. I just like that, you know, I'm like a and going into like a random city or a place that haven't been a ton of just getting a media just boost of energy and a vibe where you're like, just want to go out and fucking have a blast.
Speaker 3: You guys are boosting Nashville. Did I like that?
Speaker 2: No doubt?
Speaker 3: That's the fucks.
Speaker 1: Subscribe review rate five stars. Follow us everywhere. We love you all. We appreciate you. Big hugs, tiny kids.
Speaker 3: Make sure you guys follow ball.
Speaker 1: Don't line Yeah, follow ball, don't you guys do have some conversations with them.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having us.
Speaker 1: Glad to have you d That was awesome Chers boys, Big shout out to you guys. If you enjoyed this episode and love and support Bust with the Boys, go to whatever podcast platform you're on and subscribe to us. Leave a review rate five stars. If you're already subscribed, unsubscribe and resubscribe. Again, it helps the boys climb the charts. And again, we wouldn't be doing this and can't do this without you, guys and all of your support. We also have a YouTube channel if you like. If you'd like to watch our show or these episodes, they are on YouTube at Bust Them with the Boys. We're also on social media at Busting WTB. You can follow us everywhere, go buy our merch You guys know that whole deal. But thank you so much. We are forever grateful for you. The biggest of hugs and tiniest of kisses for the boys, always and forever,