Speaker 1: Hello, Elliott, your tomato plant is really growing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's almost so.
Speaker 3: Now you've been taking such good care of it. What's your secret?
Speaker 2: Oh, we don't have any secrets. I tell my plant everything.
Speaker 3: Oh. I just meant, what do you do to keep your tomato plants so healthy?
Speaker 2: Oh? Well, I water it every morning.
Speaker 4: I could weigh any brown leaves.
Speaker 2: And I sing to it.
Speaker 3: Well, it sure is working.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Stories for Kids by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of clay learning. The Lingo Kids' friends usually get along great, but sometimes getting along can get tricky. Let's join Elliott, Cowie, Lisa, and Billy to see how they are getting along today.
Speaker 5: Hi, Elliot, want to come ride bikes with us?
Speaker 2: Sure, I'll be right there. I just need to fish clipping off these dead leaves.
Speaker 5: Ooh, your to mothers look ready, tats almost.
Speaker 2: They're still a little green. Maybe one more day. It smells soup to Modoie, Elliott.
Speaker 3: It smells delicious. They smell disgusting. No offense, Elliott, I just hate tomatoes, what not?
Speaker 2: Lisa, to mothers are the secret green. I'm all the best flush in the World.
Speaker 5: Tomato soup for grilled cheese, spaghetti sauce.
Speaker 1: Ketchup Sofa Billy says, don't forget hassleback tomato caprese salad.
Speaker 2: Write that too. I can't wait to pop them right into my mouth. They would taste like candy.
Speaker 3: I like candy.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'll try just one. Not yet, Lisa, we have to wait until our ripe. Okay, then enough tomato talk.
Speaker 2: Are you ready to ride? Yep? One more leaf?
Speaker 4: Bye, buy a little tomato plant, soak up the sun.
Speaker 2: Oh good, race Billy.
Speaker 3: Billy says, thank you, he's been training.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you really flew in from behind.
Speaker 3: Hey, where is Callie?
Speaker 5: I'm sure no one will notice if I just takest one little to moto. Yeah, these are so good, Kellie, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Are you eating Elliott's tomatoes?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: The wind blew all the tomatoes onto the ground, so I was saving them with your mouth.
Speaker 2: Don't tell Ellie, it can be our secret. Hey, everybody want race again?
Speaker 5: Like tomato Bland, Elliott, Kelly, I try and rescue it big when all the tomatoes and they just rolled away.
Speaker 3: Rolled away.
Speaker 2: But I didn't feel a big wind.
Speaker 3: It was just a right here wind Billy says that is not how wind works.
Speaker 2: I don't understand what happened.
Speaker 1: Where are my tomatoes, asked Calie Cawie.
Speaker 2: Teacher, you know my tomatoes? Why would you do that? I thought you were my friend.
Speaker 4: Friends don't eat other friends tomatoes.
Speaker 2: I have to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Bye, Cowie. It looks like you're feeling sad.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to try the tomatoes.
Speaker 5: They are my favorite.
Speaker 2: Now my friends hate me.
Speaker 3: I hear what you're saying, and I don't think they hate you.
Speaker 1: Maybe it would help to think about it from a different perspective, but I.
Speaker 2: Don't even have a purse.
Speaker 3: Oh, perspective means a point of view.
Speaker 1: You are thinking about eating the tomatoes from a Cowie point of view, But how do you think it feels from an elliot point of view? Oh?
Speaker 2: No, I'm only just Cowie.
Speaker 5: Hmmm.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I use perspective glasses to help lingo kids listeners. You can try to make two circles with your hands and raise them to your eyes like pretend.
Speaker 3: Glasses like this.
Speaker 1: Yes, now look through your perspective glasses and pretend you are elliot. Pretend you worked really hard to take care of your tomato plant.
Speaker 2: I can do that.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm wandering and humming.
Speaker 1: Just like Eliot exactly, and still tending your Elliott, how do you feel about the tomatoes growing on that plant, crowd, I'm also excited, okay. And now imagine that you go off to play with your friends and when you come back, the tomatoes are gone.
Speaker 2: No, I feel sad and angry and.
Speaker 5: Yes, well now that I see it from Elliott's perspective, but I can't believe I did that. Yeah, the tomatoes just look so good.
Speaker 2: It tasted so good. I just couldn't stop.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's hard to stop when you really really want something.
Speaker 5: I wish I put the Elliot glasses on.
Speaker 3: First, Cowie. That's a good point.
Speaker 1: Taking a minute to see things from another perspective can help solve a lot of problems before they even start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now it's too late.
Speaker 1: Well, it's too late to save the tomatoes, but it's not too late to let Elliott know that you are sorry.
Speaker 2: I am sorry.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell Elliott, even if he doesn't want to be my friend anymore. Elliot, Cowie, Elliott, really really really sorry.
Speaker 2: I ate your tomatoes.
Speaker 4: I was going to share them with everyone, Cowie, and now they're all gone.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, Elliott should have put on my glasses.
Speaker 3: What do glasses have to do with tomato eating?
Speaker 1: I think what Cowie is trying to say is that she got so excited about the delicious tomatoes that she forgot to think about it. From Elliott's perspective.
Speaker 2: But I don't even have a purse, I have a backpack.
Speaker 5: Perspective means thinking about how you would feel. Oh, you worked really hard to grow those tomatoes, so you felt really bad when I ate them up.
Speaker 4: I think Cowie is sorry, but I also think the tomatoes are gone.
Speaker 3: Great idea.
Speaker 1: Billy Billy says that maybe Cowie can help Elliott grow more tomatoes.
Speaker 3: Do you need any.
Speaker 2: Help, Elliott? Maybe?
Speaker 4: I mean you can help me check to see if there are any buzz left on my plant.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll put on my glasses.
Speaker 3: Wait, those are your glasses. It looks like your hands.
Speaker 5: Yeah, try it, they really work.
Speaker 1: Boo Billy says he is seeing things from the tomato plant perspective.
Speaker 3: Oh, what's to say?
Speaker 2: Tomatos?
Speaker 1: Plant?
Speaker 2: Once?
Speaker 3: So be youive all music? I'm going at my keyboard.
Speaker 2: And what the word girls? Tomos?
Speaker 4: Thanks everyone, I think that's exactly what me and my tomato plant needs.
Speaker 1: Well, Lingo Kids listeners, Today, we learned that when you run into problems with friends, it can be helpful to look at things from their perspective or point of view. What do you think about the tomato incident? Let us know by sending us an email to podcast at Lingo kids dot com. Join us next episode to continue play learning together