Speaker 1: Today we're going to have one of my favorite senators on this show, Senator Marshall Blackburn from Tennessee. Of course, you know we're as a powerhouse in the Senate, but she serves on the Senate Judiciary Committee, and we're going to talk about hearing they just held on the growing injunctions that have been issued against President Trump. We've sort of seen this judicial chaos clashing with the executive office. So what can Congress do about it? Can they restore balance? You know, what's the plan of action? Also, she has asked the Trump administration to resurrect drug interdiction at airports. So why did Joe Biden ditch it and what's at stake with that. We'll also discuss President Trump's Liberation Day where it has threatened these reciprocal tariffs on other countries, this global trade showdown that we're about to see. What does it mean for you at home? What should we know about it? And lastly, with midterms on the horizon, we'll talk about the Republican Party's fate without President Trump on the ballot, particularly coming off of the special elections in Florida as well as the Wisconsin Supreme Court race. What can Republicans do to get voters motivated to turn out even with President Trump in office, but he's not going to be on the ballot. We'll talk about all of that with Senator Marshall Blackburn. Stay tuned well, Senator Marshall Blackburn, It's always an honor to have you on the show. Love having you on. You're awesome, So we always appreciate you making the time. So thank you.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I'm delighted to join you. Thank you.
Speaker 1: So I want to dig in to you're on the Senate Judiciary Committee. There's a hearing titled Rule by District Judges to Exploring legislative solutions to the bipartisan problem of universal Injunctions. Walk us through the hearing, the goal of it, the importance of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Lisa, our problem is that you have district federal judges that are trying to overrule the president and the executive branch, and of course we have a separation of powers. So our hearing that we've just concluded focused on this overreach and focused on what is happening to policies that the Trump administration is putting forward that the left does not like, and they're trying to squash those policies. Now, here's an example for you. During the month of February, President Trump had fifteen nationwide injunctions issued against his policies. Fifteen. Now, during the entire four years of Joe Biden, there were fourteen nationwide injunctions issued against Joe Biden and his policies. So this shows you the aggressiveness of the left. What we do know is they're going to the judicial branch because they lost.
Speaker 1: At the ballot box.
Speaker 2: The American people rejected what they were offering and said, no, we're tired of two tears of justice. We're tired of being broke, tired of inflation, tired of an open border, tired of illegal immigration, we are tired of a diminishing standing in the world. So they elected Donald Trump. He had the electoral and the popular vote. So now he is implementing this agenda that the American people voted for. The left does not like that they lost. They can't get passed through Congress. What they want, which is more power and control over you, more of your hard earned tax dollars so they can waste it on projects that have probably outlived their usefulness. And the NGOs that are not delivering a service that benefits the country. Now the left has turned to the courts and they're saying, do the dirty work for us. Stop this, and that is why you have district courts stepping in and issuing these injunctions. You've got a judge out in San Francisco that filed an injunction and it is forcing people to be rehired after they had been terminated. You have other judges that are going after some of the Doze efforts where we're trying to save the taxpayer money and be able to get this thirty six trillion dollar debt under control, and lo and behold, they're trying to stop it and force the federal government to have money we don't have to spend money we don't have in the bank.
Speaker 1: I mean, I totally know. It's totally ridiculous in you and of the hearing the Senate Judiciary term in Chok Grassley had said that since the court's in the executive branch are on an unsustainable collision course, Congress must step in and provide clarity. He said that you guys are looking to explore legislative solutions to bring the balance of power back and check I guess what can Congress do about it? Is probably the question, you know, the audio audience is wondering, what can you guys do about it? Legislatively?
Speaker 2: Yes, and we do have legislation that would provide that clarification that the district court has no ability to issue a nationwide injunction. The jurisdiction of a district judge is limited to the case in front of him and the application to the district which he serves. We do appreciate that holding hearings, filing bills, trying to move things through the House and Senate elevates the issue. And we do appreciate that you're going to see Justice Roberts have to step in on this issue.
Speaker 1: So today's Liberation Day. Obviously we're recording this podcast before President Trump, you know, gives this big announcement about what exactly we should expect from these reciprocal tariffs that will happen. What are you expecting and what do you think the impact will be from it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think, Lisa, that we're going to see President Trump lay out the plan for reciprocity. If somebody is tariffing us at ten percent, will do likewise. And we have heard him say repeatedly he wants reciprocal tariffs. I fully believe that bringing some clarity around that so that you don't have a lot of these prognosticators assuming what they are what it will or will not be, and that brings uncertainty to the marketplace. I think that President Trump, speaking defend relatively on the issue, is going to bring some clarity and some calm to the market. We know that President Trump's goal is to return manufacturing to the United States to empower US workers, and that is a goal that we all share, and we're pleased that we have a president who is putting the United States and our workers and our economy first. And that should this business of what we have seen with China stealing our intellectual property, taking our jobs, and then turning around and sending us a virus that had such an impact. President Trump is correct to say we're going to look at tariffs, We're going to be fair, We're going to be reciprocal, and we're going to end this US paying a state tariff and them paying no tariff.
Speaker 1: You know, I guess so I agree with the long term, like I do, believe we need this course correction. You can look at NATA. You can look at China's entry in the World Trade Organization and you can see how that, you know, one push manufacturers overseas, particularly to Mexico with NAFTA, and then you know, with China's entry in the World Trade Organization, there's just this influx of cheap goods. So I agree with sort of the long term outlook on it and the course correction. It's just will there be short term pain? And what does that short term pain mean for us in the midterms. You know, obviously we saw these races last night. Fortunately, Republicans held on to the two House seats in the special elections, but you know, we lost the Wisconsin Supreme Court race by ten and those margins and the House races were much less than you know, we saw in prior elections. So I mean, what does that all mean? I guess for you know, and then we're not going to have President Trump's in office, but we're not going to have them on the ballot driving turnout. So I guess what does this all sort of collectively mean for the Republican Party moving forward, particularly looking ahead at the midterms.
Speaker 2: And as we talk about getting inflation down and dealing with the unfair tariff issue. As we talk about the savings we're yielding for the American people through our efforts with DOGE. I fully believe that you're going to see us with a very successful midterm in the midst of all of this.
Speaker 1: And when you look at.
Speaker 2: The mainstream media, you know, Lisa, it's a lot of naysayers and it's a lot of negative They continue to try to make people believe that Republicans are trying to cut Medicaid and Medicare and Social Security, all of which is not true. And they're trying to make people believe that they're going to be these very steep tariffs, which we know they're going to settle in at reciprocal tariffs. So I think the message, getting our message out there is going to be important. Our goal is to pass President Trump's agenda. Our goal is to make certain that we get inflation down and that we energize the US economy, that we reduce the size of the federal government, that we cut spending, and that we focus on our nation's solvency and our sovereignty. That's an imperative for future generations, and we cannot sustain this kind of debt thirty six trillion dollars in debt. What does that do to our children and grandchildren? See, every citizen's share of this debt now is a little over one hundred thousand dollars. And when you think of it in that vein and you have kids and grandkids that are trying to work and trying to buy a house and trying to start a family and build a career, and that type burden is something that passing that on to our children and grandchildren I think is an immoral action. We should get this under control, and it's going to be a heavy lift, but we can do it, and we should.
Speaker 1: Do it, you know, an you're right. Look the experts say, you know, I said this on TV the other day, like the two things we should have all learned from the past few years is one, never underestimate President Trump. And then two, you know, the experts tend to not be experts these days. So it's like that's true, you know, like and all this criticism of terrorism really really haven't had a president pushing it since, you know, President Trump, So I think it's sort of just the unknown for a lot of people. But you know, never underestimate. What should we expect for getting this big, beautiful bill done in the Senate and also expanding these tax cut, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Acts into perpetuity.
Speaker 2: Yes, and as we work on that, the sentence approach is to use current policy and make the tax cuts from twenty seventeen permanent. We also are wanting to reinstitute the credits for R and D, bonus depreciation, and interest. We want to get to President Trump's desire for no tax on tips or over time, and no tax on Social Security, which by the way, is a piece of legislation I've drafted. We also want to make certain that the money is there to rebuild our military. When you look at what has happened with China and the way they are growing their Blue Water Navy, the way that they are exercising the Belton Road Initiative and are setting up ports whether you're talking about Sri Lanka or a Djibouti, and the attention we need to give.
Speaker 1: To these issues.
Speaker 2: It is imperative that we move forward with the reconciliation bill. Now. The DOGE cuts we can do in a recision bill that can travel alongside, can't go into a reconciliation, but it can travel alongside a reconciliation, and that is where we can put those doge cuts and codify those so we're actually cutting into the baseline and cutting that spending out. That helps us to lower that baseline for the coming years and helps us to save that money for our kids and grandkids.
Speaker 1: We've got more, Senator Blackburn. But first, According to a recent study, as many as twenty percent of women who undergo chemical abortions suffer complications, including a shocking number of deaths. Did you know that the Biden administration loosened restrictions by not requiring the NIH to report injuries caused by this toxic pill. This pill continues to bring harm to mothers and babies, and yet accounts for over sixty percent of abortions. Preborn's network of clinics are flooded daily with women seeking help after taking this pill, regretting their decision, and some even coming in with the aborted baby's remains, not knowing what to do with them. How horrific, Preborn welcomes these women with open arms and offers them life saving help, including the abortion pill reversal treatment. If it's not too late, when you sponsor an ultrasound for a woman in crisis. You are empowering that woman to make real choices. Please join us as we rescue women and babies. One ultrasound is only twenty eight dollars and one hundred and forty dollars helps to rescue five babies. You won't regret the choice to save a life. Please dial pound two fifty and say the keyword baby. That's pound two fifty baby, or visit preborn dot com slash booth that's preborn dot com slash booth sponsored by Preborn. I wanted to ask you on something I know you're passionate about about encouraging the Trump administration to restart drug restart drug interdiction efforts at the nation's airports and transportation facilities. Why did the Biden administration shutter that effort and what should people know about it?
Speaker 2: Yes, and this is an issue we're trying to get those restarted. This is an issue that came to us by people that work in this area. And I have no idea why the Biden administration stopped doing these searches at the transit facilities. And we know that you have some of these offshore illist drug producers that are shipping this in flying it in coming in through the mail, and to reinstitute these checks, whether it is at our nation's airport or these air facilities cargo facilities, we need to make certain that is done immediately.
Speaker 1: Well, the I think when you said I don't know why the Biden administration, you could probably fill in that blank. After anything, I just don't know why they did anything that they did.
Speaker 2: That's true, That's exactly right. You know. The thing that the thing that gets me about the administration is when you look back at it, and we talked about this sum during the administration, they put so much time, effort, and energy and trying to make illegal actions legal, whether it was illegal entry at the southern border, whether it was stopping doing DNA tests for kids that were being that were entering the country without an adult that was related to them. We know that traffickers were bringing kids and women in and then they were being trafficked into labor gangs and sex trafficking rings and drug trafficking and gangs. So these are things we know. Look how much effort they put into making illegal legal in that regard, and then you look at these sweeps that they could have been doing. But chose not to do. You look at how they handled a lot of what was going on with the Chinese Communist Party, I mean, Lisa, the list goes on and on, and it's one of the reasons the American people voted resoundingly on November fifth to stop this. They were tired of trying to make illegal legal. They were tired of two tears of justice. They were tired of an open border, tired of fentanyl flooding their communities, tired of crime in their streets.
Speaker 1: Ope, and we've just got a fight to keep the majority. Senator Marshall Blackburn, it's always an honor to have you on the show. We truly appreciate what you do in the Senate and also just taking the time to join us.
Speaker 2: Oh, delighted to join you. Thank you.
Speaker 1: That was Senator Marshall Blackburn of the Great State of Tennessee. We appreciate her taking the time to join the show. Appreciate you guys at home for listening every Tuesday and Thursday, but you can listen throughout the week until next time.