Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Matthew was on the phone today for a first ad follow up and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Selena. So in a few minutes we're gonna call her and see if she tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another day. But first, Matthew, how long has it been since you heard from Selena?
Speaker 3: About a week?
Speaker 4: Okay? Have you been hitting her up to try to get a hold of her.
Speaker 3: I'm to ask over day was a going about rigo, she's so busy. I kind of checked it after that one more time for she had some availability coming up, responded, and I'm not gonna like keep paying on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it can get creepy real quick with that.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to do that.
Speaker 1: Crush your soul the more times you don't get Yeah, okay, well, how is the date though? Must have been great if you want to get a hold of her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I thought it went great. It might at work. I work in the department, so I did as any come executive. I helped probably some computer issues at work. We had some chemistry. I felt like pretty obvious right from the get go. I worked up a nerve to ask her out. She said like she was into it. She told me she liked lemons on Martini's, so I know it's a perfect spot. It's a really cool spots got old Hollywood vibe, which I always always liked a lot. We had some drinks. I did not have a lemon drop. I had them dried Martini, but but she had some some kind of big well and everything we talked about dreams features stuff like that, kind of in a lfehearted way. I mean it felt really good and I was I was really slightly had a pretty intensive makeout session in the dark corner we were. I mean it felt like you know, kids in school. I mean a lot of that kind of giggly energy and sat. We had the date split up. That was pretty much. I thought it looked really good. I was little to get hold of her. I would like to understand, you know, I've got to kind of undessarly how it cass on her for a while. So I was pretty broke up that she, you know, doesn't seem to be willing to respond at least.
Speaker 2: Anything happened on the date that you think could be a reason she's not calling you back.
Speaker 3: I mean, the only thing I can think of is I actually did just get let go from the job that we worked together. So she said at the end of the state, you know, see it work, and I had to be like, I don't even gonna be the salce. So I told her that I actually, you know, wasn't working there anymore, which I kind of thought would actually be a good thing because it removes the possibility of like, you know, the office politics and that sort of thing. Takes the pressure off of that. That's really the only thing I could think of that might have gone wrong with it, unless I was just totally misread, you know, the signals. And I guess this is always a possibility, But that's only one thing I can think of, is it I got let go?
Speaker 1: Does she feel like kind of a shallow person that would be like, I am not dating your guys who's unemployed?
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe don't. I didn't get that buy from her at all. I mean, she seemed pretty down to earth and like, you know, I mean that strikes me as just being kind of short of sighted and so shouldn't starting that way off. But I mean, I guess it is a possibility.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, did you guys kiss and stuff at the end they made out in the dark.
Speaker 3: But you were making out, you know, we made out the bar at the very hand or I said that, no, but yeah, maybe that was a warning sign or some sort. But did you guys another like finalist good Bob. We definitely talked about seeing an older in the day. Yeah, I mean that was on the table for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, we'll see if we can figure it out for you. Then we'll play a song, come back and call her and social talk so why she's ghosting you and maybe get you another date.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, so did all right?
Speaker 2: Cool, we'll play a song, come back and get your first a follow up next if you're just joining us for today's first date follow up. Matthew is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Selena. So in a few minutes we're gonna call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But before we do that, Matthew, why don't you refresh our memory on your date with Selena?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, so I thought it went really well. We had some chemistry from when we worked together. That the date was great, good drinks, good vibe. We made out it seem much. It was some definite intensity. I thought things were going great. We started talking about next time, next meetings, next dates. And the one thing I could think of that went wrong is at the end, I had to tell her that I was no longer with the company that we worked at together, and that that's my guests as to why she's decided ghost that's just a guest though.
Speaker 4: All right, are you ready for us to call her?
Speaker 3: Sure? I'd love to have another shot.
Speaker 4: All right, here we go. Man, Hello, him, I askeweak to Selena. Please.
Speaker 5: This is Selena.
Speaker 4: Hey, Selena, how are you? My name is Jewbel. I'm calling from radio show. It's called the Jebel Show. Hi, Selena, the whole show's here. I'm Nina. Hi, I'm Victoria.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Hi, Hi.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 4: You listen to the show?
Speaker 5: I do. I'm a fan. This is exciting.
Speaker 4: Oh sweet, thank you? Well, do you have any idea while we're calling you?
Speaker 5: I'm a little bit scared.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the first date follow up.
Speaker 2: So you went on a date with somebody recently and have been ghosting them, and they emailed us, do you know who would email us about you?
Speaker 5: I have a pretty good idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to take a shot at it.
Speaker 5: Is it Matthew?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is Matthew. You are correct. Know told us he really liked you and told us about your date. But he says, you've been ghosting for over a week now.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh man, I feel bad I'm ghosting Matthew because he told me that he wants to live in a treehouse. Yeah, like for his real house, I think, And like he he told me we worked. I don't know if he told you, but we worked at the same company and he told me that, like towards the end of the day, I said, like, oh, see you at work, and he told me that he had lost his job there, which was fine, like that that's a that's yeah. I felt really bad for him that that happened. But he just had like he said, he has no plan, and he was like, you know, I'm sure everything's everything's going to be fine, and I living in a treehouse sounds perfect, And like he he did that he wanted to live in like one of the fans. He wants like the glamping kind of situation. Treehouse. But at the same time, I feel like, I mean, I I definitely am not interested in living in a treehouse, and I'm looking for like a serious partner. And like, at first I thought he was joking, because you know, I mean, that's like a funny thing to say. But then he like actually went into this whole thing about his friend and how his friend lives in a treehouse, and how his friend like had saved him so much money and he has like no more like drama, and you know, he's like a volunteer at different schools and he's playing music and like that's all well and good for like a you know, like a burning man type.
Speaker 1: Like to me, I'm kind of interested, but I don't think that feels stressful.
Speaker 4: And when it comes to like a relationship, though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm like, what where am I going to plug in my blow dart? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Do they have like fancy treehouses? I mean it does sound kind of at least like anyone that you could Can you live in them?
Speaker 4: A treehouse? For sure?
Speaker 5: Really, you guys look in a treehouse, but like you can't have like kids, you know what i mean. I'm like, long term, I'm like this is going nowhere, but like you.
Speaker 2: Have you know, yeah, you probably can. I'm pretty sure there are treos that have showers and stuff. Actually there are.
Speaker 4: I think you could build like technically a real house in the tree. Well, I don't know how big of a house he's trying to build in.
Speaker 1: The tree, right, but you know that could Well that's a good point though, if you're starting to really fast forward kids, you imagine your kids running around in a treehouse.
Speaker 5: Amazing.
Speaker 1: I have to build some kind of like what do you call it, hammock net underneath of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, thank you for being honest with us. I appreciate that. Yeah, and I don't know if you remember or not, Selena, but during these first day follow ups, the person that emailed us is on the phone. So Matthew has been listening this whole time and is on the phone and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you were cool. And remember you saying that you always wanted to spend the night in one, so it would be.
Speaker 5: Like right like that, yeah, like for for vacation. I'm like, I'm I don't want to live in a treehouse, Matthew, Like I want to like kind of a venture in a treehouse and then I want, like to go back to reality, like go back to my life.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not like urging it to live in a treehouse or planning the one that I want. It was just sort of a there's something we could do. I don't know. It was just like talk.
Speaker 4: It's kind of a good sign though, Matthew, she really like fast forward to see the future with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I guess I just mean like so, I mean it's like beyond the I'm just like you had no plan, Like I'm just like living in a treehouse with no plan. It's just like to me, I was like, oh, big red flag.
Speaker 3: Well so that I don't have a plan. I just have as a means to take some time and figure out what I'm going to do next. I don't really actually have to work. I just do it because I like it. So if I'm not feeling it, I don't. But there's the same thing as I'm not having a plan.
Speaker 5: Are you like some what do you mean, like, are you like a secret billionaire or something like you don't have to work.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm not a billionaire, but I have some money. I'm independently well be able to.
Speaker 4: Say, Oh, so it would probably be a very nice treehouse.
Speaker 3: D Yeah. I got to say for me, it's out. You're not like what Grandpa made in the backyard and a kid. I'm talking about like a house that's in a tree not okay with plumbing and showers and you know, you could plug in your phone charger for sure. But I mean if you don't want that, that's that's fine. I don't know exactly what the next maybe year has more in terms of plans, but I mean all I know is I definitely would like to have the opportunity to the more time explain something.
Speaker 2: I would you like to go out with Matthew again? We'll pay for it.
Speaker 5: I mean, so you would be willing to like live in a house how.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we could. I would be wanting to live in a house with not a tree in sight, and.
Speaker 1: You got enough money to cut him down. It sounds like, yeah, it's true. I mean it sounds like you guys really like each other. There's a lot of negotiating happening here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, if that's a sticking point that can be, that can be, that's that's negotiable.
Speaker 4: What do you think Selena. One more shot, Selena, he's rich, Nina.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would be willing to give it another shot. I think I had a different orderstanding. What you.
Speaker 4: Okay? Congratulations Matthew, you got another date?
Speaker 3: Agree? Hey Selene, I'm so glad that you're wanting to give another shot. You can appreciate why I wouldn't like lead with money just bought the top. But yeah, I mean or three houses was just for fun. So I'm going to ran another shot. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Money got her back in, though I don't know Juble's first date follow up