Speaker 1: Oh boy, you know? Oh boy? What do wait to start the show? Hey Michelle, what's up?
Speaker 2: Everybody? Welcome to Adulting. I'm your host, Michelle Vitae.
Speaker 1: With my friend Jordan Carlos. So good to be here, Michelle. Michelle is so awkward.
Speaker 2: I love it so much. Let's just do that again.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Adulting. My name is Jordan Carlos and I'm here with my co from Go Hell.
Speaker 2: It's Michelle. You tell, bitch if you're.
Speaker 1: Nasty, own it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm in a mood. You ever have like emotional road rage just walking around your house?
Speaker 1: Are any legos embedded in your feet right now? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: I just got this shit kicked out of my titties trying to give him a hug and there. Thank god they're cute. It'd be so much harder if they were ugly. And I'm starting to tell it to strangers now because they're like, they're so beautiful, and I'm like, why are you looking at me?
Speaker 1: Uns?
Speaker 2: You're gonna help me, you know what I mean? I did help this lady in the Atlanta airport who had a newborn baby, like new, new, new, new new, like that baby needed proofing. New wasn't even baked.
Speaker 1: Yeah went the proofing drawer stop.
Speaker 2: Don't even but she was. She was on the struggle bus trying to get something out of something. She had three bags, no stroller, baby, no biorn. I said, girl, I said, let me hold your baby. And so I just held this beautiful, gorgeous little baby that made me feel like the world is going to be a better place. And she just I mean, she had every kind of contraption on her. She just looked like that aisle at bed bath and beyond you go you wait to figures like she had so much. I said, you have everything on you put a.
Speaker 1: Stroller, you need a struttler.
Speaker 2: Who'll tell you didn't you need a stroller?
Speaker 1: But why didn't you have a stroller?
Speaker 2: I didn't ask. I was like, I gotta go. This is a big airport and I can't with my connection. But I helped her. I was a big tity ferry in that moment. And I just feel like I wish more people would help other people in public.
Speaker 1: Well, you're a good person. A lot of people don't want to get involved, you know, because once you get involved, it's like you never know. In for a pinnion for a pound. You don't know what's gonna happen. It's what in for a pinnion for a pound? You remember that?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just means once you buy in a little bit, Yeah, you're here for the whole ride. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Always, I know you try to serve these Texas sayings, but it always feels like you're the old guy trying to keep the shop open in like an eighteen hundreds Christmas movie. Absolutely know what the fuck you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Listen, if a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump its asses, you know, And that's just one dog that won't hunt.
Speaker 2: My favorite is like we were you guys, we were in a meeting. We were in a meeting with people creatives.
Speaker 4: Remember this, we probably don't cost.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then you just you waited for everyone to stop talking to see what they had to say, and then you said, you know what, it just sounds like everyone's biting around the cookie.
Speaker 1: Yep, it is going. There's nothing wrong with down home parlances. We use our parlances in a way to express what's going on, you know, like how we feel in a lyrical way. It's an idiomatic expression. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I love it, like for Blanche Devereaux, and it is it's wild to have a friend under inklyn. I'm not mad at it. It makes you who you are.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Thank you very much. I'm sitting here defending my identity. Listen, this is who I am. I'm from the South, and this is will come out in my mouth. And that's it. You know. I want to tell you about the adulting day I've had because it is capped off. Bye, I'll just start with the best part. Excuse me. I opened up my email and it said from one of my credit card companies. It was like, we'd like to extend more credit to you.
Speaker 2: What I can hear our ancestors rise up as if it is a percussion solo for Gloria Estefon at the Grammys. This is I just did an alf and elly jump in my bone.
Speaker 1: Into a death drop.
Speaker 2: Just meanwhile, I checked my credit score like a year ago, and it was six sixty six. I said, no, you won't come for me, No you won't come from me. I did. I paid money to see that. Evil.
Speaker 1: Your credit score is not six sixty six. You are you are on do they know about Netflix? Do they know about the Circle?
Speaker 2: They know about Netflix?
Speaker 1: Is your a follow up question? And who is they experience?
Speaker 2: Do they have a password Equifax?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 2: Oh no, man, No one gives a shit about that. But that is exciting. Good for you. You're doing all the right things, now, do you. I'm most curious about this because, you know, I always feel like we need to put the focus on other things when we are graduating high school and then also going to college if that's your choice. But you know, like, okay, balancing a checkbook, sure, but what's it like to really have fake money? You know, it's dangerous because I remember the first credit card I opened up in college was just like somebody on campus just being like, you want to economy size Snickers? And I was like, yeah, like sign up for this credit card. I was like cool, I just like hate the shit of that Snickers, you know what I mean. And then all of a sudden I had a credit card. I would go to the gas station and buy food and people would give me cash and then I would get them like yeah and tip them up like it was. It was so wild that no one explained to me what a credit card is, and how to be responsible with it. But sure, tell me about the Pythagoream theory. What I can't even wait.
Speaker 1: You basically lived the plot of Reality Bites. You would buy people like stuff on your credit card and then they pay you back in cash.
Speaker 2: I think I probably forgot to tell you I'm pitching an all black female reboot of Reality Bites.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, just kidding, Reality Bites. What's I'm ready?
Speaker 5: But you know.
Speaker 2: Cut to like junior year of college. I had three credit cards, all maxed out, not even really high limits like five hundred dollars here a thousand dollars, which was like crazy, yeah, and I had to consolidate truly fucked up my credit. My mom was just like, you're writing a check for one hundred dollars every month, and she she like showed me how to manage money and also in certain tampon and for that I'm forever grateful.
Speaker 1: That's why moms are the best. I mean, let's hear it one more time from let's hear it for the mom. Uh yeah, I listen, listen, my siblings choose the one one of them open credit cards in my name, and so yeah.
Speaker 2: This is like the original pitch for empire.
Speaker 1: Really if not open up. They didn't open up credit cards, but they opened up like electricity services and things like that, and phone and like phone services in my name forgive. Oh, we try to forget, but then we have like a flashback like a Vietnam So yeah, yeah, my credit were just Tom.
Speaker 2: You're like Tom cruise On born on the fourth of July and everything'sgiving dinner. You're like, I remember when you wronged me.
Speaker 6: Give me.
Speaker 2: That's not how he sounds. That's not what he said. This is just my simple interpretation. It's pretty good, TC. That's pretty good TC.
Speaker 1: But like I've I've crawled my way all the way back into having good credit. Like I look at the little little meter and it's good, and it's like, yes.
Speaker 2: So what do you do? Do you buy something and pay it, pay off the minimum.
Speaker 1: Paid off immediately?
Speaker 2: You paid off?
Speaker 1: Because Sue's yes, SU's Orman loves Jeze.
Speaker 2: How many times? How many times people call her Susie? Probably all the time. It's like when you have a friend that's Lauren, but everyone says Laura and she gets mad. It's like, bitch, you get mad, Laura.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's that's that's like, come.
Speaker 2: On, Yeah, it's like get it Togevel. But you know, Sus says that you should buy something and then pay off just a little bit above the minimum. Interesting, and that's how you build your credit, don't pay it all off.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, she's playing three D chess. Yeah I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: But good for you. I'm really excited for you, mostly because because you're good at it, hopefully that means your kids will be good at it.
Speaker 1: That's the hope, you know. I mean my kids are. I can tell that. One of them, and I won't name the one, it's Ezzy very much, Okay, yeah it is. He very mature. We'll have all her girls. It's the girl. She'll have all her bills on auto pay. The other one, by the way, is a fun loving criminal. He took my Apple watch today. After he told me he was gonna do it. He took it to school. He's like, Daddy, I'm gonna wear your Apple Watch and I'm gonna take it to school. I was like, no, you're not. And he wore it this morning and I was like, okay, I'm going to ask for it back before he heads out the door. And in all the confusion of the lunches and the snacks and the breath. Melee, melee, the melee, the melee. That boy, you know what I've did. I've looked at my Apple, my phone. I said, where's my watch? It if at school? No school?
Speaker 2: Now they want Apple watches? What can't we have? This is like what my mom decided to join Instagram. I'm like, I left Facebook, bitch, and now you here sneak it up on a bitch with my ig stories. Call me and ask me what kind of corn I had? Bitch your mom with you?
Speaker 1: Your mom has slipped into my dms, and it's not don't take them the wrong way.
Speaker 2: This is how you start rumors. Okay, he tries to clap back at people. Then she'll just be like, when someone leaves me a compliment, She's just like, that's right. She is a shining star. I'm like, my no, I'm forty. I was about say I'm forty eight. I'm forty four. She's making me feel like I'm so much older. But you know what, here's what's part about these remote shows. Right now, you just would have hugged me if we.
Speaker 1: Were in person. I'm sorry to further interrogate, Like, what you're saying is.
Speaker 2: Can I fix this? Don't say a Texas saying.
Speaker 1: Well, you know there's there's what's what and there's what is and what the the mom Let's hear it for the moms the best.
Speaker 2: Wait, we gotta do an intro.
Speaker 1: Jeff Right, Okay, I'm very excited. I can tell it feels.
Speaker 2: Like I got like an extra nugget a McDonald's. That's so exciting. You're like someone fucked up.
Speaker 1: No, someone loves me. No.
Speaker 2: I do a little barbecue, little hot sauce. But listen, I am very excited about her guests on the show. Speaking of hot sauce, they are hot one, honey.
Speaker 1: It's none other than Jeff Illa. Jeff Hiller is an amazing actor, yes, you know, comedy and otherwise, and finally to be put on after all these years of hard work. I can't wait to chop it up with them.
Speaker 2: I know me too, and they age. Well, honey, let's.
Speaker 1: Go our guest today. What is to say about them?
Speaker 2: So excited about our guests? They are amazing an acts, a comedian. Well can't they mother fucking do? Please help us?
Speaker 1: Welcome?
Speaker 4: Hi, Hi, Jeff, Hey, Jeff hy, how are you both good?
Speaker 1: Good? Great now that you're here.
Speaker 2: Happy pride moth bitch. I mean, at least June is longer than February. Okay, because that's true. That's true, it's true. But I sweat. I sweat, That's good. I don't. I want to sweat when I'm in yoga class. When I was in yoga class. Let's be honest.
Speaker 6: Wait, are you just telling me that you don't sweat?
Speaker 1: I don't. I just what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Have a very faint onion scent?
Speaker 1: Oh like a like a like a gasoline kind of tang.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, but I used to be. The only place I really sweat when I would run is my crotch. I'm so sorry. Everyone. Now you know every thing, and now we know two towels, one for up here and one for down there.
Speaker 1: But you know what, yes, I will say this. We're both we're both Texans and Texans we don't sweat that much because we're so used to Hell's son.
Speaker 6: Well, that's true, but I'm the exception that proves the rule.
Speaker 2: What was it like growing up in Texas? Because I was just giving Jordan so much shit because every time we have a conversation. He's serving a jingle jangle Bland Devereaux is or I'm just like, do you smell to it? Rhymes? I don't know if it makes sense. I mean, did you grow up with these isms too?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Well, no mine, we're never very clever. My parents were always just like saying incorrect words. They were just like grammatically incorrect. They weren't like giving fun lot of salty terms. They were just like saying wosh instead.
Speaker 1: Did you have to learn how to properly say cramp.
Speaker 6: Oh because you said crown? I didn't that one.
Speaker 7: I did know because I was a judgmental little homosexual on the on the playground. Thing like a crown, costs on your head, a crayon, ghosts in your hands.
Speaker 2: I had a cousin like that who was just like a pecan is anut and a peacan. It's something you put under your bed. I'm like, we can relax, We're just gonna have desert, honey. I'd love it so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, one more follow up for this then, Oh my god, for how we used to talk in Texas. How do you say theater? Did you say theater or did you say theater?
Speaker 6: Well, first of all. It was rarely ever mentioned.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 6: If my parents were going, they would say we're going to the show.
Speaker 1: They didn't want to say theater. They couldn't even say now, wow, oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: So am I getting this right? You're from Texas, you lived in Denver and then you came to New York.
Speaker 6: Yeah, wow, you knew about Denver.
Speaker 2: I do a research bingo Mango. I was doing your taxes, just curious. You know, you're hilarious. You can do multiple things. Why Denver not Chicago?
Speaker 7: Well, because I wasn't trying to be a comedian. I was trying to be a social worker. So I went there and worked with youth experiencing homelessness.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then I was like, screw y'all, I'm going to be an actor.
Speaker 2: It'd be like that sometimes.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 7: Both of y'all were like, oh, we can't laugh at that. Sorry, that was too much.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I laughed. I laughed. I was. I was quietly having a titter too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, not laugh out loud funny, but definitely like it's a chuckle hut. Because I get it. You do it so much for everybody else, you gotta do something for you you got the in a light too, Hunt, You've got a lot of shine.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 7: I have to put the oxygen on my own face for God's sake.
Speaker 2: Loo Butter Phillip, you all well excuse me. But so I have an uncle who is the Archbishop of Jamaica.
Speaker 6: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: So I grew up very cathol league. I call it kathy because it's like a Costco sized portion of Katholic. And so I have also grown up volunteering, first off, by choice. Then I just loved it. And it was really hard for me to help the preteens and the teenagers because I just didn't know what to say. Like, I didn't know what to say. All I could do was just give them a hug and say it'll be all right. And they're like how, and I'm like, I have no idea how. And you know, now I'm in my forties and I feel like I can definitely get a grasp on it and like, you know, figure out how to have a conversation with someone, but not to be a Debbie downer or a Don Lemon downer.
Speaker 1: But here we are.
Speaker 2: If I were to have this conversation, if I were to go back out in the world volunteer again. I don't know that I could tell anybody it's going to get any better.
Speaker 7: Mm oh god, no, well that's not really what it's about either. I feel like right, because you're right, it's not going to get I mean, that's not true. I think you can make like incremental things that actually add up to something that is that can be a better quality of life. I think the idea of like it gets better is naive at best.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think that campaign was good or whatever, but.
Speaker 1: I it was a nice first pancake. It was a good first pancake. You know. That's what it was. That's what it was. That's a very diplomatic way of putting it, and we appreciate that. Jeff. Yeah, Jeff, I have to ask you, because so many years have gone by, so many questions, so many follow ups. Do you even remember how we met?
Speaker 7: I was thinking about that. Well, we were both in that movie, my first movie.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what movie.
Speaker 1: We were in ghost Town.
Speaker 7: You were naked guy and you were you killed it that I did.
Speaker 1: I did. I didn't help Greg Knar and he yeah, like spoilers, I drop an acata window, which then people will be like you dropped it on his head and I'm such a self serious. Excuse me?
Speaker 2: What in the straight to DVD is going on?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 1: Now release.
Speaker 2: On Rotten Tomatoes? Are you saying to my day?
Speaker 1: It got reviews Jeff jump in.
Speaker 6: And I still have people be like that it was good and not for nothing.
Speaker 1: But I am.
Speaker 7: Currently on wiki feet because of that movie.
Speaker 2: God everyone involved? Oh wait, but what is the what is the movie? Greg? Shout out to Greg Corner.
Speaker 1: Greg, It was a vehicle for Ricky Gervas when Ricky Gervas is like to fight America and it happened. So Ricky Gervais uh plays a doctor or dentist, and then Greg Kinnear is a philandering jerk who this ac falls on him pushed, and then Tayloni is his ex.
Speaker 2: So they cast a black guy to kill the dude.
Speaker 1: Of course copy go on, listen, that's right, I don't die first. The white guy does.
Speaker 2: Really flipped it.
Speaker 1: So basically Greger he has to like his all dogs go to Heaven moment is that he helps Ricky Gervais fall in love or get with Tayloni, who is Greg Knar's widow, and so he like that's that's the basic premise of Oh no, Greg. Okay, he's quite dead. In the film, he's quite dead, So we are some of the like no no, Jeff is one of the ghosts that inhabits this world that Ricky Gervais can ghosts.
Speaker 7: And you die in what you were wearing, and I died in the buff.
Speaker 2: How did you audition for this, Jeff?
Speaker 6: Oh my god. I really wasn't thinking it through either.
Speaker 7: I really was like, if I had known that's a lie, I was so desperate for anything, I would have done it.
Speaker 6: I probably would have shown I would have done anything.
Speaker 7: But I just had me like come in and pretend like I was sneaking because I didn't have any lines in the original movie. And then then eventually I did get lines. I think I was just supposed to be a visual joke, and then they tossed me a couple of lines, and you know, I'm not gonna lie to you. There was a little bit of gay panic in the humor of like, oh, his penis you know that kind of a thing. But I had to wear a thong, like a flesh colored thong. Welcome to My World on Fifth Avenue.
Speaker 3: Wow on lafth Avenue on Fifth Avenue and Fifth Street, right by Central Park.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna have a thong, it might as well be the nice neighborhood Tad Steakhouse on thirty four A honey, okay, silver lining.
Speaker 1: Up the crack, although after ninety six that falls off. That's what I've heard, not the though.
Speaker 2: What are we talking about? You know what? I love these stories because when people see you on TV, they think, Okay, they just came out of nowhere. They probably you know, they've been doing it for five minutes, and it's like, now, bitch, we have been out here with our butt cracks out, just saying yes, improving, elevating basic fucking scripts, tap dancing with tight ass knees, doing all the things.
Speaker 1: And you know what I mean, I'll say this, yes, yes, and what you're saying making me laugh so hard. At Shakespeare in the Park when you were a duo with Rachel Dratch, Hello, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yes, my goodness.
Speaker 1: I was watching you and my buddy Ben's don't worry about it, you playing John Quincy Adams with my buddy Ben Steinfeld and bloody, bloody Andrew Jackson. I saw these New York Magazine articles like, have you heard of Jeff Hilla And like, yes, I have, Yes, I have. I'm so happy that you're greenlit and the show is amazing. I love the energy that you bring to it. Yeah, and it's fantastic, Jeff than so unique.
Speaker 2: Can I just like, look, I might be speaking at a turn, but I feel like in this trio of these beautiful faces that I'm looking at me included hello, I said, trio. It feels like the things that we were made fun of when we were little are the things that are like truly celebrated now that we're older. Would I be right in saying that? Yeah, Like we just met, Jeff. But I think you're speaking out of school. No, I'm just teasing.
Speaker 6: No, I think no, I think you're I think that's true for me at least for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh, I definitely know it's true for me and Jordan as well. I mean, let's be honest.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you so much. Yeah, I am north of forty Michelle. You're kicking thirty in the ass. You know, same for you, Jeff, And you know it's I just wonder, like I love the kind of Can I ask you about the dynamic of the friendship that you have on somebody somewhere, and how much and how often you've played that role of like the friend that's the thirsty friend that then abandons the other like ties and relationships they have in their life to be with one person, foregoing one friendship for another.
Speaker 7: You mean, how often have I done that in my real life or in my Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yes, oh boy, yes have you ever done that? Have you ever done that?
Speaker 2: I can't wait?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, a little.
Speaker 7: I mean I'm definitely I am kind of a person who's like I just have one really close friendship and that's the one I really focus on. And yeah, I think I have done that actually, probably more than once sexually.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oops, it's okay, it happens. But that's what like resonated with me. I watched it and it really resonated with me. And it was like, because I've had friendships where I've had to like work out boundaries and dynamics and say to myself, you know, I can't always give you like a thousand percent, you.
Speaker 2: Don't have to call me, goes on and on, and I just love it.
Speaker 1: Jeff. Jeff's are great, but great, that's I agree.
Speaker 7: With you though, Like I'm such a people pleaser. And sometimes when you don't set those boundaries, which you yeah, which you have to do, you get so taken advantage of. And yeah, I've been taken advantage of certainly by not setting boundaries.
Speaker 1: Name name, Jeff.
Speaker 7: But if it was just huge famous Brooke Shields, what it was just like really random celebrities.
Speaker 6: Brooks Shields came out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Oh, my doctor Dre. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say Beyonce, but I was like, no, that's too, that's too everybody. Everybody would dump their life for Beyonce. Then I was like, what's another bee? And I went Brooks Shields, Patty La Belle Bell. Oh, I would dumb everything for her too. I probably do it for Brooksheets.
Speaker 2: Well, can I ask you a couple of questions?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 2: I want to talk about pronouns if that's cool, I mean, if you feel comfortable talking about it, because I just feel like this is just a conversation everybody shies away from and it's just like you don't have to it is fine, Like, let's talk about it. I went to your Instagram page and I love it, to said actress. I'll say, yes, you want to put that shir on the side by. I mean, and I have this childhood friend where she's very quiet, and then she just learned how to trust me, and now she doesn't shut up, which I do appreciate, but I'm like, we gotta wrap it up. Anyways. I remember almost like the minute we found out what non binary was and pronouns and sort and it sort of like answered every question she ever had since like seventh grade of like I'm not this, I'm not that, I'm this, And it was always like a running joke between us, but in a way where it wasn't like necessarily like making fun of her. It was just like that's you all thing, that's my thing, you know, like like I'm always like the big titty ted talk and she's always the affordable tittle twintin Like that's just.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, I mean the affordable tillness.
Speaker 2: Friend to friend business here. But like do you remember having like an aha moment of just like oh, that's it, that's what it is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But I was like so recently, like it was like shockingly recently. Oh, like like I was over forty yes, and even now, like I don't know that I'm I would be like the poster child for like, I do sort of identify as non binary, but I like, I'm still like I don't really get it either. Plus you know, I'm a people pleaser, so I'm not I'm not being here like that's not my pronow you know, like I'm gonna be like whatever, it's fine, it's fine. But I what I always tell people when they ask, I say, I love all pronouns. I have a stand up joke that my pronouns are he, him and oh, her and and I think that could probably be like a problematic joke, but it's true. Like I really I don't feel I don't feel like a woman. I mean, I'm six foot five, you know, downstairs. But I also don't really identify as like I'm a man. Like when people are like, you've grown into a fine man, I'm like, eh, what's gross, that's it.
Speaker 5: That's not what I am, right right, So I like, if people say he or him about me, that's totally fine, but I would I would hope that they would say like queen or bitch or sister or something like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I call everyone ma'am no matter what, yes for my non binary queen. So I will say, Sam, you know what I mean, Like, why not, let's just keep growing evolving, just like my chest and my waist. The mom joke. Good, let's hear it for the mom.
Speaker 7: Let's put that on a series of greeting cards.
Speaker 1: Do I have it?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 1: See it for you?
Speaker 2: Homemade ear rings, ceramic butter holders that you cannot put in the dishwasher.
Speaker 6: You can't.
Speaker 2: I know, that's one of the things I have. You can't wait?
Speaker 1: Is it like.
Speaker 7: Crusade because I've been putting mine in the dishwasher.
Speaker 1: Oh, you can't put in the lick. You can't put in a look crusee in the dishwasher. No one told you does welcome? Welcome Jeff? The rent is due. Just my husband.
Speaker 7: My husband is so particular about the dishwasher and top shop versus bottom shelf, and you know, like my mom would throw in like knives, you know. And he was like, yeah, this is a good adulting thing for me to learn.
Speaker 2: You're teaching me something you have to Yeah, you should know that because also, like what is the steel thing? The cast iron should not be washed with soap ever.
Speaker 6: Right, you have to season that, you season it.
Speaker 2: And then there's also like a a metal thing. You could just get the the gravy off with if need be.
Speaker 1: But you know you're talking about steel wool.
Speaker 2: Yes, plus like, what are you cooking in there that you really need to put on the dish? You know what I mean? What's your dish? What's the dish?
Speaker 1: Well? I will applaud you, though, Jeff on the loo cruise of it all. So you you have.
Speaker 2: A coupon at Williams and Noma.
Speaker 1: Yes, well yeah, I mean that is some grown ass ship right there. So you you have the lokruisseae that you like to use. Is it blue? Is it red? Is it yellow? What it is?
Speaker 6: It's the red.
Speaker 7: And we have a large Dutch oven, a smaller Dutch oven. And I just added to our family a butter dish. And I love that butter dish.
Speaker 1: I love that butter dish.
Speaker 2: I love room temp butter.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 6: It's our whole new world.
Speaker 2: Yes, kind of fightful. Let me know, I had no idea. My husband is European, it's not his fault. And he leaves the butter, he leaves a lot of stuff. I was like, is you lazy? And he's like, no, you just don't have to put in the fridge. In America, you do. The government ain't gonna pay for this shit. If something that happens to.
Speaker 1: You, I know, a warm apple is just all.
Speaker 2: The fruit is room town. But I'm like, put the mangos in the fridge. Put the mangos in the fridge. Put the dick in the box and the mangos in the fridge. Hi, I'm someone's mom.
Speaker 6: It's true.
Speaker 1: Do you cook a lot?
Speaker 6: No, I'm like terrible at it. It's all my husband.
Speaker 1: Oh, tell us more, tell us everything abou about your husband? My goodness, where did you meet? How did you meet? What's going on?
Speaker 7: I mean, on the theme of your podcast. He is he's the one who knows stuff, and I'm the one that's.
Speaker 2: Say I love it. Then you then you guys are a good match. Yeah, because you probably, like I hope so was a vigo. So it's just like a virgo. I was going to ask if he was a virgo because he sounds like a virgo.
Speaker 1: What are you?
Speaker 2: I'm a leo.
Speaker 6: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest, like she out here allowed him proud just breastfeeding everybody for no God to reason.
Speaker 6: And good hair.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank the Lord. Because otherwise it would just be all backfat, which is not a problem either. It's quite tasty and a little bit salty, depends what you're into in your blood pressure. But listen, you know who is a virgo to Beyonce bitch? Yeah, perfection. They like perfection. So next time your husband gets on your nerves, you'd be like homecoming, Like it's the dishwashers is homecoming.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I love that we're talking to you during Pride month because there's a shift happening in Hollywood. And correct me if I'm wrong, But when I see like the breakdowns come in authentically?
Speaker 6: Can play? Can play a gay person authentically? Have you seen that one?
Speaker 2: Yes? Like you're not allowed to ask, but everyone's looking to populate the show with more than one gay friend. That doesn't feel like it's necessarily about having a sexual experience or it's just like, oh, we just want diverse voices. On one hand, I'm like, do you But I don't know. I'm kind of excited about it, you know what I mean. I feel like it's it's a slow burn. It only you know, it takes one break to build a wall, so you're just, oh my god, I've been hanging out with people from Texas for too long?
Speaker 1: What do you think, you know?
Speaker 7: I think, especially when it comes to too trans folks, like the idea that you would cast a cisgendered, gorgeous movie star in the role of especially like a famous trans person from history. I think that is sort of like a harsh slap in the face, because like, it's not as if trans people are ever.
Speaker 6: Cast as disgendered people.
Speaker 7: So I think in that sense, I would really caution producers and casting directors.
Speaker 6: To guest authentically.
Speaker 7: I think for me as a I identify as queer, and for me as a queer person, I feel like nobody ever is gonna cast me as like the dad in a nice straight family.
Speaker 6: They're just never yet to do that.
Speaker 2: Not yet, I would thank you, Not yet, but I would. I what I mean, Representation matters at every turn, and yeah, it's just it really is just so important. I don't think casting or producers really realize how important it is. You know, the hardest, most awkward conversations I've had with my mom about diversity, sex inclusion have come from something we've seen on TV.
Speaker 1: Together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where that's like a perfect jump off for her. I didn't realize. But I was just like, oh, we just saw this together. What is this? And I don't think people really understand how important it is? And yeah, what a miss. It's just like, look good for you, Scar Joe, but have several seats. Honey, honey, am I gonna try and play a skinny white girl? How you gonna feel about this?
Speaker 6: I would cast you is that.
Speaker 1: The image has so much power though, I mean, and it stirs so much up in us, you know images do I know? Like when I was a kid, I watched Superman with my mom. When Superman would fly with Lois Lane, I'd be like, what's popcorn? Because I didn't like what was going on in my pants?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: So it's a good time. Okay, we were talking about inclusion, but let's talk about you, boner.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just I'm talking about the power of movies and televisions. We Okay, can I say something now? Can I say something now?
Speaker 2: So much?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 2: I know you want to say something now. But that's why I love Chales to the City so so much. And it was on PBS and I was like, what is it was good?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, and they shook butts.
Speaker 2: I was like, yes, I didn't want to say it because he was just talking about a boner.
Speaker 4: But yes, then you were on it, Michelle, you were in it. Oh yes, not even a reboot. It's just like a good continuation, like twenty years later.
Speaker 6: The next movie. That's yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: That was very fun well and so important. Yes, bringing it home, bringing it home.
Speaker 1: So at this juncture, we usually take questions and answer them with our guests. Now these are fielded from folks that have written in to our little show, and I think it's hot time we ask.
Speaker 2: Oh god, you're sell like public radio. For Fox's sake, let'st's get to the second question.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good, pretty good public radio.
Speaker 2: Ooh, are you down a clown?
Speaker 6: I'm down?
Speaker 2: This question is so stupid. I hate to judge, but I am. Is it okay to order a kid's meal for myself?
Speaker 1: Are you a kid? What's happening right? At heart? I think it's okay.
Speaker 6: You know what, I think so too? Who cares?
Speaker 2: I think so as well? I mean, honestly, our portions are too big.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's okay to go and order a kid's meal for McDonald's. It is not okay to hang out at a plate around without a child. I think that's the line there you.
Speaker 2: Go, ooh, how old is too old to go to Coachella?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: I think that that question has implied ages on the net.
Speaker 6: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Yeah, if disco granny wants to like dust it up and then with yeah, you know whatever, let her have it, she's going to buy the weekend.
Speaker 2: Past one hundred. This is why I love Amsterdam, where my husband's from, because it doesn't matter if you're twenty two or sixty two. People are going to find like the purest molly, go out in the field, have butterfly wings, do it up. But yeah, I mean I think you're never I think, if anything, you're never too old to go to a festival. Just get more adults about going, Like are you going just to like have your mouth open and like a stranger? You could do that at home. Do you want to go and see some really good music?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Wear comfortable shoes, figure out how to pee in one of those paper things.
Speaker 7: That write, or if it's like a thing that you really don't want to do, but your friends all are like you have to do it, and you're using age to get out of it.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's not about age, it's about like, that's just not a thing you want to do.
Speaker 2: Speaking of a thing you don't want to do. Oh my god, am I a mall cop? Because I got a segue? Question? Is my husband is losing his hair and his current hairstyle doesn't work on him anymore. How do I tell him that? I think you just divorce him?
Speaker 7: Now this one is real personal to me.
Speaker 3: Because my hair is I have alopecia on top of it. So it's like, look, it's rough.
Speaker 4: You got character, You got character, You make it work, don't you worry.
Speaker 7: But my thing is I think, Oh, I was going to say something really confidently, and now I'm like, oh, actually that's not true at all.
Speaker 2: You got to say.
Speaker 7: I was going to be like, just tell him, he needs to know. And then I was like, no, actually, don't tell him. It's going to be horrible. Oh no, I don't have the answer to this question.
Speaker 1: What do you think? What would you say? Michelle?
Speaker 2: Well, when I met my husband, he was already bald, but I've seen pictures and he started going bald, like around nineteen twenty, which is a big age to be going bald. But you know, it's hereditary. All the uncles on his mom's side of the family are bald and they all have the same shaped head. And to me, it's really sexy. It's really hot, it's really gorgeous. I say, you know, maybe you can watch a lot of die Hard, watch a lot of movies with the rock like sort of expose him to like really hot men with bald that are bald, and you're just like, I want to fuck them. They're bald. What about you?
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, don't forbade.
Speaker 1: It's so good, you know, like.
Speaker 2: You can't help what your body does. Sometimes it is what it is, and if you fight it, it's sad and awkward, but if you really lean into it, it's fucking sexy and beautiful. When people are just their fucking truest selves, Like come on, go listen to have them listened to Lizo and just figure it out. I say, cut it off, don't hold onto it. It's holding everyone back.
Speaker 1: Cut it off and asleep while he's sleeping. Just cut it the fuck off.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, can I also say something because hair is also very personal and we know this like in the black community, right, Like it's you're just completely judged on whatever hairstyle you have, whether you're a good person, a bad person, educated or not. Like, it's so fucked up. So I have a person in my family who went to Turkey on a trip and came back with hair and plants and it looks really good now, Okay, So they chose to go the other way because they want to hold onto it. And so if you want to hold onto it, I don't think you should also be shamed for doing that either. So hair is so fucking part.
Speaker 7: Listen, I would get a I would get a hair transplant in a second, so I have no judgment there. Here's my other thing, Yeah, take a video of him from behind, because one time.
Speaker 6: I saw a video of me.
Speaker 7: Somebody saw me across the street and they filmed me and they were like, I'm stocking you, haha. And I looked at that video and it wasn't scary, it was like funny. But when I looked at myself walking down the street, I was like, my mind was blown. That that was who I was, that that's what I looked like. And that's when I realized I needed to do something about my hair.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I'm here for a three way mirror. You know, I gotta know what's going on in the bag. The kobos is the most important, strongest part. But it's fine.
Speaker 1: I'm just way too vain. I think I think the gods know that I'm way too vain to lose my hair just keeping it on my head. I don't know how it is. Your brother bald, yes, quite, my dad quite so. But I have all my hair. I have a boys had of hair, and I'm just like, I don't know how it's there. I have no idea put it up?
Speaker 2: There? Is this a podcast or your grinder profile? I love it. I have a boy hair almond and it'll be both.
Speaker 1: Wait, hang on a second, A home depot card? Alright? Wait wait, we got this question and it's it's a I like this one. Okay, they need us on this. It's written with desperation. Here we go. What are the best rules to follow for doing laundry? What is the permanent press cycle? Does water temperature actually matter? How much soap is too much? Soap? Answers? What? Wow?
Speaker 2: What was even the question? I'm lost?
Speaker 1: What are the best rules to us?
Speaker 7: I think cold water is important. I think that unless you're doing towels or sheets. You really do cold water for all of your regular clothes, and you shouldn't ever use bounced dryer sheets. It cakes on to your clothes. You should use the little wool balls. You can give them a trade of Joe's for less than five dollars. Break it down, and I think less soap than you would imagine.
Speaker 1: Less soap than you could ever imagine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna make your skin itchy. It's gonna make your skin itchy. Oh, there are so many good questions. I don't know where to except. We don't have you for very LUs.
Speaker 1: We don't have you for very lunch. We have one, we have time for one more. Let's do one more.
Speaker 2: Okay, which one are you gonna pick?
Speaker 1: I want you to pick. I'm I'm deferring to you.
Speaker 2: What do I do when I am waiting in line somewhere and I overhear the teenagers behind me making fun of me?
Speaker 6: Oh no, melt into the earth.
Speaker 2: It's all disappearing, all of Jeff's answers. I didn't just go. You gotta find another exit strategy.
Speaker 1: Jeff, Jeff, you are just Jeff. You are white. Jeff is white. Me like Jeff do you want to solve crimes together? Jeff? We could do it white Lightning, chocolate thunder. I'm ready for this, this buddy cop movie.
Speaker 2: This an ebony ivory mashup, but is a very I friendship us both.
Speaker 1: This is like crazy. I love it all right.
Speaker 2: When's your birthday?
Speaker 1: Jeff?
Speaker 6: December seventh. I'm as Sagittarius.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're also fire.
Speaker 6: What are you, Jordan?
Speaker 1: I'm an Aquarius. Hate conflict unless you're into conflict, and then I'm in the conflict. Whatever whatever you want.
Speaker 6: See, we were good pair. Actually hate conflict.
Speaker 2: There avoid avoid avoid you know who's also a sanj Britney spears of hard working people pleaser?
Speaker 6: Right, Oh my god, that's so true until until.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: Until the pops off. Now we need to check it out. Britney. Is she okay? She spends a lot and makes me dizzy? Yeah, so okay. You know why I think this is a difficult question because you can't parent somebody else's kids, and teenagers are like in adult bodies. Sometimes I say, we all die alone with a smile.
Speaker 1: WHOA, What kind of advice is that?
Speaker 2: Well, don't make fun of me, bitch. That's the advice I'm giving.
Speaker 1: On the train. Somebody's making fun of me. It doesn't get.
Speaker 2: Better talking about teenagers. And now we're gonna end with teenagers.
Speaker 1: Teenagers, i'd say, turn around, freak them out.
Speaker 2: How please don't say anything about you, dick.
Speaker 1: Look no, okay, look deeply into their eyes and just say like I can hear you, you know, like something like that, or they're like you see what like that? That lady crazy? You know like that.
Speaker 2: Jordan does avoid conflict until he doesn't. And if it's social justice that boil get up in your motherfucking face.
Speaker 1: It's true. I just I can't stand like that's.
Speaker 2: So glasses foggy at fuck. Oh wow, oh well, wold with righteousness. It's a joy to watch.
Speaker 1: My mother march in the civil rights movement. All right, it's in my bones, like if I see an injustice, it's just us. We gon't do this, you know what I'm saying. We're gonna work it out.
Speaker 2: Kendrick Lamar, let me know, spit some bars, daddy.
Speaker 1: Just letting you know, well, this has been so fun.
Speaker 2: Oh we ask every guess we have. What's the most adult thing that you would love to do for yourself? This year that you just don't have time to do, but you gotta.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, does anyone ever ask you this, Jeff?
Speaker 7: Yeah, probably like something like figuring out my finances? Oh that's something that I probably where are like where that I'm spending it? Why don't I have my money?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, first of all New York taxes and you got that cute ass virgo husband.
Speaker 6: So he does, he does keep track of it.
Speaker 1: You're right, Look takes quite a bite. Let me just tell you that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you'll have it forever and all the time. It'll still be here when we're gone, and like.
Speaker 6: Apparently unless I keep putting it in the dishwase.
Speaker 1: But they are for they have a lifetime guarantee and you can replace them. You can just send them back to like cresee and they will send you a new one.
Speaker 2: That's how many they have because they last forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it lasts.
Speaker 2: Goodness. Well, this has been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally same.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much for having me.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for being had.
Speaker 1: Jeff really proud of you. You're awesome.
Speaker 2: Oh too, he was like, no, I just am I'm a Jeff Hiller fan because.
Speaker 7: We also spent like I bet like three weeks of our life have been spent together in commercial waiting rooms.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, ma'am. I was waiting for you to talk about this where we've just been like, yeah, still waiting.
Speaker 6: I know that life.
Speaker 1: If me and Jeff are there, they don't know what they want you, they.
Speaker 2: Know what they want when they call me body just lost weight or just gained weight, We don't know. She just started to like herself. Now base the soup, but just mime, mime the soup. And can you read this copy in this huge que card next to the camera that you've never seen before. I would love to I would have loft, but look at the camera.
Speaker 7: Okay, less, could you do less?
Speaker 1: Like you're on methadone? Less? Even yes?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, just like the.
Speaker 6: Office, just like really really.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Oh my god, we did it.
Speaker 2: We did it. That was so fun.
Speaker 6: Thank you? Yeah, thank you? Now do I just get off?
Speaker 7: There's no Escape by Jordan by Michelle That was really fun?
Speaker 1: Bye bye bye yo. That was that was a great combo.
Speaker 2: Jordan. That was so much fun. I didn't realize think I'd have that much fun in a very dark room by myself and just in my conge it kind of feels like I am in my basement. It feels like Cloverfield but.
Speaker 1: Happy, you know, yeah, sure with a better ending. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is a ray of motherfucking sunshine on a cloudy day?
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, a rock in a weary land. I love me some Jeff Hiller, Yet what another Southern parlance off our show. I'm not mad.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much Texas for making all these wildly wonderful creative beings.
Speaker 1: Oh God, Michelle. When Michelle is done, the fucking muffins are done. Bye, listen done. See we did it. This has been and exactly right production.
Speaker 2: Our senior producer is Natalie Wrinn.
Speaker 1: Senior managing producer is Hannah Kyle Kraige.
Speaker 2: This episode was sound designed and mixed by Andrew.
Speaker 1: Eapen and engineered by Ryobomb.
Speaker 2: Our guest booker is Patrick Cottner.
Speaker 1: Our theme song is by DJ don Will.
Speaker 2: Photography by Chris vander.
Speaker 1: Most, artwork by Jamie Bechtel.
Speaker 2: Executive produced by Karen Kilgarriff, Georgia Harstark and Danielle Kramer.
Speaker 1: Follow the show on Instagram at adulting the Pot.
Speaker 2: Email your questions to Adulting Questions at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm