Speaker 1: You are listening to the Danpatrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Our one on this Wednesday. Morale is high because it's a Pizza Wednesday. Dylan doing double duty with pizza and sitting in the back row keeping Todd Company, Marvin and Paully in the front row. Yours truly. Phone calls always welcome Tyler sitting by. That's all he does. Answer phone calls at eight seven seven three. DP Show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Benini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Even though we gave you the wrong address. Originally a lot of great reaction to the DP Calendar twenty twenty seven at gmail dot com. Your chance to be featured in the calendar the most awkward yearbook picture that you have taken. We are going to give you hours. It'll be in the calendar this year, so you send it to DP Calendar twenty twenty seven at gmail dot com. First hour brought to you by Chat GPT. They have a new agent for larger projects. It's chat gpt work. Give it a goal, help turn scattered materials into finished work. Gets started at chatgpt dot com by selecting work mode available on Plus and pro plans whole question, play the day, stat of the day, all of that forthcoming. Tarek Scuble made his debut as a Dodger at Wrigley. Wasn't a bat outing, but took the loss. You know, the bigger issue here is the Dodgers have been losing a little more frequently than you've come to expect. There you've got a couple of teams front offices who are pushing back on the narrative that nobody wanted to go and offer up more than the Dodgers did to the Tigers. The Braves have talked about this, The Brewers have talked about this. The Tigers their sensitive because people didn't think they got their money's worth for Cherik Scuble. But it doesn't matter. I've said it, I still believe it. You got to get to a point where you say, is this the year we're all in? And even if you rent trek' scouable for two months, he's still going to pitch well for you. You're gonna have to go through the Dodgers if you're the Brewers or the Braves. So why not add and then subtract from the Dodgers all right, poll question, what are we gonna go with first hour dealing?
Speaker 3: Should the Dodgers be worried after Trek Scuble gives up two earned runs and six innings in his debut? Obviously not?
Speaker 2: Or yes?
Speaker 4: Send him back to Detroit.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, well, by the way, give me the pizza mint Wednesday menu, we have dan a Cajun gumbo pizza. Okay.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, our sous chef, Billy Tips, was in New Orleans, so he was feeling all inspired and I was like, that sounds great, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Oh so he brought a recipe back hopefully that's all he brought back from New Orleans down there for a bachelor party. What else do you have?
Speaker 3: Hot honey, pepperoni and bacon pizza? And then Todd's favorite, a classic cheese pizza.
Speaker 2: Is that just gonna be a staple that's on the Wednesday menu?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm here on out. Okay, who is it better than we do? Oh? That didn't sound good at all? Okay, no body, wait, are you bombed down?
Speaker 6: The first two sons?
Speaker 2: Amazing? When you go to the one yard line to kick a field goal?
Speaker 4: Yes, Paul, I do got a question for you. I saw some headlines this morning about Schoobl's game last night versus the Cubs, like you said, six innings and gave up a couple of runs but only a four hitter. I saw stellar outing by schoobl in his debut, and then I saw another headline Schoobol struggles in his debut. It can't be both. We need like a middle of the ground phrase for what he did last night because he had a nice game.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well, headline riders at different places are asked to do different things. You want to play nice. You want to have something that get your attention. You know, whenever you hear somebody, when somebody says something funny, you know, somebody they oh, it's brilliant, hilarious, you know. So they have these words that they use in the headlines, and not always hilarious. Sometimes it's just chuckle funny. Eight seven seven three DP show. We'll settle on a poll question, get to your phone calls. We'll hear from Josh Allen a little bit later on Ben Roethlisberger as well, and he took the bets from Shohu Tani's interpreter we'll talk to the bookmaker gambler, Matt Boyer. He will join us coming up in the final hour of the program. Hall of Fame Game tomorrow, And in case you're inclined, it's a one and a half point spread. The Panthers favored by one and a half over the Cardinals. Are the Cardinals favored in any game? They're not even favored in the Hall of Fame game. I don't think the Cardinals are favored in any game. Are the Race Raiders might be favored in a one game? Can we find out the fewest as far as games for teams to be favored in? I'm sure there's a list with that. Yeah, po I do have.
Speaker 4: Some Week one lines and the Cardinals are at the Chargers and the Cardinals are getting eleven and a half in Week one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to find out if they're a favorite. I know they're going to be an underdog, but Dylan, if you can find that out, maybe, uh DraftKings has that. But the least number of games that team is a favorite Dolphins, Dolphins, probably not too many games there. Browns would probably have a couple of them as well. Yes, to see saying the whole.
Speaker 6: Fame Game will probably not be an NFC title game preview. That's what it sounds like.
Speaker 2: You're saying, thank you, Tod. I was looking at the cost. The college football Coaches Poll came out. How much does it cost to be in the top ten? If you spend forty eight million dollars, you would be ranked in the coaches poll. That's Texas, Miami, Florida forty four million. They're seventh in the coaches poll. Ohio State is third in the Coaches poll. Their payroll is just under forty four million. LSU is fourth on the list at forty two point eight. They're thirteenth in the Coaches poll. Oregon they're fifth on the spending list at just under forty three million. Their second in the coaches poll. Fifth in the Coaches poll is Notre Dame. They spend over forty million dollars on their roster. A and M eighth in the Coaches Poll. They're spending almost thirty nine million. Alabama is eleventh in the Coaches Poll. They're only spending thirty seven point two million dollars. This is the first time Alabama has been ranked outside the top ten in a preseason Coaches poll since two thousand and eight, Tennessee is ninth in spending at thirty six point seven they're eighteenth in the coaches poll. Texas Tech still spending, they're tenth at thirty six point three million, twelfth in the Coach's Poll. It's going to continue to go up. But you have to look at return on investment here. How much do you spend, How much are you're getting back. If it's true that Notre Dame made over one hundred million dollars last year, then yes, it's worth it to spend that kind of money. Make sure you keep your coach. But not everybody's Notre Dame. Not everybody's independent, not everybody's got their own TV deal. But Texas spending almost forty eight million dollars and they rank fourth in the country with the coaches Poll. I don't put any validity to the Coach's poll because a little secret here. The people who watch the least amount of college football in America are head coaches of college football teams because they don't care about BYU playing Oregon State. They only care about their team and their next opponent. That's it. So normally you'd have the sports information director at a school he would be doing or she would be doing the honors of voting in the coaches Poll, because these coaches aren't watching college football, at least they shouldn't be. We watch more college football because we watch more of a wide variety of games and have a better indication sometimes of how good a team is or isn't. The only time a coach will come across somebody and have an opinion is when they're playing them or they just played them. But the Coaches Poll is out. I was right about the Heisman Trophy odds. According to DraftKings C. J. Cart Notre Dame is your favorite, slight favorite, then it's Arch Manning, Dante Moore, Julian Sayin, Darien Mensa, Trinidad Shambliss, Josh Who, and Jeremiah Smith, the wide receiver at Ohio State. All right, let's see anything else needs to be mentioned here. I mentioned that we have Josh Allen. He talks about some of the tough losses that he's had in the playoffs, and then Ben Roethlisberger is critical of Mike McCarthy because Mike McCarthy wants Aaron Rodgers to play in the preseason, and Ben said, no, why don't you use this opportunity to give some of the younger kids Howard and Owler a chance to play in Yes, it's preseason instead of Aaron Rodgers knows Mike McCarthy's offense. Aaron Rodgers was there last year. He spent some time with the wide receivers. So let the younger kids play. So we'll hear from Ben Roethlisberger coming up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul, you're Arizona Cardinals. Dan, you asked if they're underdogs in every game. It's confirmed they are underdogs in every game. As of now this season they are td or more underdogs in their first eleven games.
Speaker 2: Well, how about a round of play Cardinal?
Speaker 4: Do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, arch Manning Cardinals around the clock and with the number one pick they take. What Marvin, you don't think arch Manning will go to Arizona?
Speaker 7: Uh, he's about to pull a Eli. You think you think arch You think Archie paying and Eli gonna let their boy go Arizona.
Speaker 2: Jeremiah Love, Marvin Harrison, Trey McBride, got some weapons, get to play half your games indoors, get to live in Arizona.
Speaker 4: But you got to play for the Cardinals and you.
Speaker 2: Have to play in the NFC West. Other than that, Yeah, yes, Dylan.
Speaker 3: This really is sort of a heavyweight bout we got for the Hall of Fame game because the Panthers haven't won a game regular postseason that they've been favored in since September of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Mmmm.
Speaker 4: That sounded like stat of the day there, well, stell.
Speaker 5: Of the day, stanlea day a day, Stana to day.
Speaker 1: This is the stule of the day.
Speaker 2: Cheap span, Melissa Ethridge. There, Carson Beck versus Kenny Pickett, Hall of Fame game, let's go, let's go, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 4: If this or our college football game three years ago, it'd be fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd be interested in that. Kenny Pickett. Carson Beck. Feels like Carson Beck is gonna get an opportunity to start some games this year, or at least he should get some opportunities to start some games there because Jacoby Brissett just a placeholder. He's been that band aid quarter Has he been a band aid quarterback pretty much his entire career? Or at what point did he become that he's the quarterback before you get to your next quarterback?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul, Jacoby Brissett is on his sixth team. He's only started. He started fifteen games for Indianapolis in twenty nineteen. He started eleven games for Cleveland in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, Dylan.
Speaker 3: The Fanthers have sort of turned into like the halfway house for quarterbacks, you know, Baker, Sam Darnold. That's sort of where you go and then rehabilitate your career and then you move on somewhere else and then you actually flourish a little bit.
Speaker 4: So can you Pickett X stop?
Speaker 2: Could be?
Speaker 4: Could be good?
Speaker 2: So you're saying there's a chance, yes, Paul.
Speaker 4: It's like being the offensive coordinator and Nick Saban. You rehab your career. Zay Flowers got paid. We'll talk about that. Thirty five million for Zay Flowers.
Speaker 2: Now. He had eighty six catches over twelve hundred yards and six touchdowns last year. I know you want to continue to have weapons for Lamar Jackson. You have Derrick Henry, but you know you've had good tight ends, but they don't There's not a long list of great Ravens wide receivers when you think about it. Hollywood Brown was in there, and Kwon Bolden was a Kwon Bolden a Pro Bowl player. He was a really good player. But I'm trying to think of like Rashad Bateman, I thought was going to be a star and we're still waiting for that. Jay Flowers came out of BC and uh, I think he's surprised a lot of people. But that's a lot of money for Zay Flowers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul, we're double checking this, but I have Zay Flowers as the only wide receiver in Raven's history to make the Pro Bowl. It's not that not that hard these days checking.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, well you maybe that's why they're going to spend thirty five million on him. But it's all about timing at these positions that when you're up, what can you capitalize on? In Jay Flowers, it's his turn, his time, Yeah, Dylan, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think Derek Mason was a Pro bowler, but not with the Ravens. But I also think, like zayfire has won back to back Pro Bowls, but doesn't it feel like a Pro Bowl that he won in two thousand and five carries a little more weight than twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Derek Mason was all Pro with the Titans, though, I think right, yeah, yeah, not the Ravens, Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 4: And Kwan Bolden with a four time Pro Bowler before he went to Baltimore and then ceased going to the Pro Bowl for three years.
Speaker 2: Well it was he with the Cardinals. Yeah, the Jets.
Speaker 4: I got to see with six years, seven years with the Cardinals and three Pro Bowls there, three nice years of Baltimore, then a San Francisco and Detroit.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe it was a game against the Jets where he got hit. It was one of the most violent plays and I'm like, I it's not a question does he get up, does he live? But I think it was in the end zone. I thought it was against the Jets, and I remember and Kwan Bolden took a hit. Yeah, Paul, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: That was September of eight and Kwon Bolden got knocked out in the end zone. Safety Eric Smith of the Cardinals all Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait, and Kwon Bolden.
Speaker 4: Who's with Jet Safety Eric Smith and An Kun was at the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yeah, that's what I thought. All Right, We'll get the phone calls coming up here from Ben Roethlisberger, Josh Allen as well, and a little later on the former bookie for show. Heyo Tani's interpreter. He will join us trying to explain exactly what happened and does he think to this day show, Hey Tani was somehow involved. Well, take a break back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey, It's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 8: And in addition to hearing us live week nights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 9: That's right, you can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 8: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: Derek Scoubel made his Dodger debut six innings, two runs, four hits, struck out six five to one, lost to the Cubs. He threw fifty one strikes on eighty five pitches, so that's sixty percent strike rate. That's not good for him. That was his lowest in a start in four years back in twenty twenty two against the Padres. But you know, if you're the Dodgers and you're looking at that performance, you're saying, we're fine with that. Great. You know, there was a lot of hype to it. You're on the road, the Cubs. Cubs are playoff team. It got an MVP Canada in there with Pete Crow Armstrong and you know, there was an afternoon game, but it was or Wrigley game. But it was a fun atmosphere. I think playoff baseball is what it felt like there a little bit. But Trek Scuble, We'll get a lot more starts there for the Dodgers. As for the Tigers, still defending kind of what they got in return. The Braves said that they really didn't get an opportunity. Brewers have said they really didn't get an opportunity. No, because Trek Scuble wanted to go to the Dodgers. So Detroit had to basically take what the Dodgers were willing to give. Now, they might have tried to play a leverage game with some of these other teams. I'm surprised they didn't. But if you know, Trek Scuble wanted to go to the Dodgers. He kind of took away your leverage. Josh Allen met with the media. Actually it was Kevin Clark's podcast, and he talked about all the tough playoff losses that he's had in his career.
Speaker 10: Been in the playoffs a lot of times in the last you know, however many years I've been here now and you know, continuing to find ways to learn from it. And I think it's a hard pill to swallow sometimes because we haven't gotten it done. But you're knock enough at the door, it's going to open at some point, and that's just what we have to keep You want to keep knocking on that door and giving ourselves chances to be in that situation again.
Speaker 2: The podcast This is Football with Kevin Clark Josh Allen is eight and seven in the postseason. He might be the best quarterback in football. You just don't want to end your career where they say he might have been the most talented quarterback, because that's what they've said about Aaron Rodgers far as throwing a football, he might be the most talented. Because then your next question is how many Super Bowls did he win? And you say one, but he did win multiple MVPs with Josh Allen, even Lamar Jackson. It might be boy, they might have been two of the most talented players who ever played the position. Yes, it comes down to what you do in the postseason. Maybe it's not fair to do that, but that's what we've done at that position. Quarterbacks are about winning. When I was growing up, it wasn't, hey, how many Super Bowls do you have? But it got to the point when you had Joe Montana with four, and then all of a sudden, when Tom Brady was approaching that, Now, all of a sudden, everybody's looking at the bottom line, how many super Bowls do you have? And then it became well, Montana's four and o he never lost. Then Brady started piling him up, Danny Patrick Mahomes now encroaching on Joe Montana once again, Montana four and O. Terry Bradshaw won four. So I think sometimes, you know, Troy Aikman, he won three. Sometimes we look at it and it's the difference between because Troy Aikman's numbers regular season aren't Hall of Fame worthy, but he won super Bowls with the Cowboys, and there's added weight to that, Eli Manning. He was a good regular season quarterback, not a Hall of Fame quarterback, but he won two of the the biggest super Bowls in NFL history because he beat the Patriots. Yes, Marvin, and I.
Speaker 7: Think last year's lost to the Broncos really hurt him last year because before that he kind of had the built in excuse of, man, he keeps losing to Patrick Mahomes, who was kind of like the Tom Brady of this era. So I think last year hurt because there was no Lamar Jackson and no Patrick Mahomes and last year's postseason and they were like, man, all you got to do is beat Bo Nicks and the Broncos and he couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No Joe Burrow last year either. As far as the AFC, Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 4: And I know it's really early. Josh Allen just turned thirty. But the danger for his career is not appearing in a Super Bowl. Marino appeared in one. John Elway I think was zero to three in his twenties but got two and cleaned up that. If he doesn't appear in one, that's a whole new level of criticism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what we're looking for. You want postseason success at that position, and you know it's the singular most important position in all the sports, so there's added importance to that. We don't do that with running backs. We don't do it with wide receivers, even baseball players, the everyday player. We do it for pitchers, but we don't do it for everyday players. Nobody's saying how many World Series did Barry Bonds win? None? How many did Hank Aaron have or Willie Mays have? Like we just we don't. Now it helps you with your argument. But quarterbacking, we're looking at Matt Ryan. We're gonna be looking at Matt Ryan. He didn't win the Super Bowl, but he was MVP and he got there. But he was part of a team that blew a twenty eight to three league. So we already have these narratives going Philip Rivers Hall of Famer wasn't good in the postseason. They had stacked offensive teams, So you're already you know, Matthew Stafford, I believe it was going to be a Hall of Famer before he won a Super Bowl, but it certainly helps that. There's no doubt. Now super Bowl and an MVP, Yes, Marvin, And.
Speaker 7: To Paully's point about the Super Bowl appearance, Joe Burrow getting to the Super Bowl has given him some leeway as far as the media is concerned in him still being considered a top tier quarterback because of what he did early on getting to the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yes, he made the appearance, but it was the Bengals who made the super Bowl. Therefore you add more weight to that. Joe Burrow got the Bengals to the super Bowl. Yeah, pulling, and.
Speaker 4: It works both ways. You look at a guy like Philip Rivers sixty four thousand yards but no Super Bowl appearances. You need monster monster numbers to overcome that, and maybe vice versa. Matt Ryan. His super Bowl wasn't pretty. But if he didn't even appear in the Super Bowl with one MVP, I don't think he'd have a chance.
Speaker 2: Okay, but is it better to be in the Super Bowl and blow a twenty eight to three lead or to not make the Super Bowl? So Cam Newton won the MVP and then got blown out in the Super Bowl? Is he going to be a Hall of Famer?
Speaker 6: Yes, Ton, I guess if I'm Matt Ryan or his handlers I'm say, why don't we just call him an NFC champion. We don't need to talk about what happened in that other game. Sounds a lot better NFC.
Speaker 2: Champion, Yeah, Ben Roethlisberger. Ben Roethlisberger has a podcast, Everybody Does Football and Podcast with Ben Roethlisberger, and he had this to say about Mike McCarthy's plan to have Aaron Rodgers play in the preseason.
Speaker 11: Every coach has their own philosophy and to each their own. Whatever McCarthy wants to do, that's fine. I'm just saying, if I was the head coach, I'm not taking reps away from other guys because Aaron's got one more year. Here, when Aaron's gone after this year as a franchise, as a team, as the head coach, Okay, here, I got my head coach.
Speaker 2: Hat on.
Speaker 11: I know I'm not trying to say Okay, I'm looking forward to the next year. I'm not moving forward. But when you know your quarterback is gone and this is the most important position of sports, what do I have next year?
Speaker 2: Okay? I understand what he's saying, But if Ben was thirty six and going into the preseason and Mike Tomlin said, Hey, I want to have some of these younger players. I want Mason Rudolph to get fair share at the position. Here is Ben going to be as enabling as he's wanting Mike McCarthy to be with these younger quarterbacks. So I'm just saying, if I put Ben in that same position, how does he feel now? I don't know if Aaron Rodgers wants to play in the preseason, but it feels like Mike McCarthy wants him to play. I would love to see these other quarterbacks get a chance in a moment like this, a big stage, as close as you're going to get to replicating a regular season. See what you have. If you know Aaron Rodgers has already said this is it. You got to start. And at what point you start preparing for next season? This season, how deep into the regular season, what is your record? Where there you go? I think we need to have the younger quarterbacks get a chance because you're going to have that crossroads because this isn't a super Bowl contending team and you might be the third best team in your own division here.
Speaker 7: Yes, Marvin, if you were Steelers ownership, would you even have brought back Aaron Rodgers, since you're kind of in no man's land and you're not a Super Bowl contender, would you have brought him back for one more season?
Speaker 2: Well, it depends on who I'm getting. I thought Sam Darnold or Malik Willis. You know, somebody could have been. Maybe I get Mac Jones, I get somebody that I think might be able to be more than just a band aid quarterback. But that's what you have with Aaron Rodgers. And the Steelers have been in this position almost every year. They get somebody and then all of a sudden they move on to somebody and then somebody else. They haven't found the replacement for Ben Roethlisberger, and Rodgers is an upgrade for these other quarterback But this is his last year. The Steelers are going to be in this position again next year of okay, we got to try out a new quarterback or are you going to elevate one of these younger quarterbacks? And at what point do you play them in Aaron Rodgers' final season? And is Aaron Rodgers gonna step aside and say, hey, let the young guys play. This is his final season. I mean, he might be a team first guy, but at some point it's gonna be team Aaron at the end of the year with let me go out, let me play. Then you have a situation with him and Mike McCarthy. Yeah, Paulin. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Steelers were ten and seven last year. They made the playoffs and won the AFC North weirdly, quietly, they never felt threatening, but they were in that no man's land of well, we can't move on from Aaron Rodgers because he keeps us competitive. And if they were, if they had seven wins last year, Rogers probably doesn't come back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But the Ravens didn't make the playoffs, the Bengals didn't make the playff the Browns aren't good. You should beat up on your own division, and you know if you can pick off those easy wins. But Baltimore is going to be better, Cincinnati will be better, Cleveland might be better. Although the rankings, the quarterback rankings that we had with Mike Sando yesterday, they got what the thirty fifth ranked quarterback in the league, and they got the thirty second ranked quarterback. So Deshaun Watson shoud Or Sanders was ranked thirty fifth in the league. By the way, there's thirty two teams, right, I just checked. Yeah, if you do the math, there so all the quarterbacks and then you had a couple of quarterbacks. JJ McCarthy was higher than the Shadoor Sanders.
Speaker 7: Yes, Marvin is the worst case scenario for the Steelers is to make the AFC Championship.
Speaker 2: Game because you then have Aaron Rodgers wanting to come back another year. Perhaps. I think that would be a great problem for Pittsburgh if you said, hey, brace yourself, you're going to the AFC title Game. Oh no, if you're Pittsburgh, you'll take that. Considering what happens to Pittsburgh. You get in and you lose. If you go to the title game, and maybe you can convince Aaron Rodgers to come back. Let's see how he plays though, like he if he's playing at a high level, great, If he's part of a team that's playing at a high level, that's a little bit different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul, I see where Marvin's going, and I love it. If you're an educated lifelong Steelers fan, would you rather finish with ten wins or four wins this year? Ten wins at a playoff appearance or four wins and redo the position and you have a top four draft pick.
Speaker 2: Okay, but they're not a four win team. Right If I say you can get ten or you get seven, what are you going to take? Ten wins? Hey, another winning record or seven wins?
Speaker 7: Marvin, they're not bad enough to get a really good quarterback. I realized that with seven wins. But they're not bad enough to get four wins. They're good enough to get ten, they're not bad enough to get four. But I think you've been talking about the Steelers kicking the can at quarterback, and my point was about them getting to the AFC Championship Game. Is oh, man, another offseason?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 7: Is Aaron Ryders coming back? Or do we move on with one of the younger quarterbacks?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: I will once again, that's a great problem to have that you got to the AFC Title game, because when's the last time they've been in the AFC Title Game?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul, the last time the Steelers had fewer than six wins in a season was nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 9: Start of the Day, Start at the day, Start of the day, Start of the day, Statu Day Status Today stat.
Speaker 2: Of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program, yet you want to be you know a lot of times you'll have teams that are in no man's lam. This could be NBA where you're just good enough, but then you're not bad enough, and then here you are with the eleventh pick in the draft and you're looking for that star quarterback. Well, now we've had more quarterbacks that we label first round picks, so they could be starting quarterbacks. That hasn't always come to fruition. So that's part of the heighte machine that goes on. I don't know how good CJ. Carr is now. I do trust when Brady Quinn said last year when he joined US, might be the best quarterback in America. I don't know how good Arch Manning is going to be. I know how good you are in college. But it's like when you're really good on the driving range and you're just hitting the ball and you're like, damn, I'm Tiger, and then you get out there and you go, no, now I'm Tiger. Present day Tiger, where I'm hitting it all over the place and I can't play man. But I was just good one hundred feet away. Well that's college football. It's one hundred feet away. And then you got to walk over here, and you know Drew Aller at this point last year, oh he Hesman candidate. You know, we had all of these guys. You know, he was going to be a first round pick and then something happened where he wasn't. That's the flukey part of all of this when it comes to that position trying to get somebody. Can you get somebody unless you're really bad or you're willing to make a big trade, Yes, Dylan, Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Steelers have Drew Aller, who is a preseason favorite to win the Heisman, and Will Howard he won a national title, and it's.
Speaker 2: Like, eh, yeah, and I don't know if you either can play in the NFL, but I think there's the potential there. The question is, at what point do the Steelers say, Okay, let's go with potential instead of productivity. You got productivity right now, You got potential. Potential gets you fired. We'll take a break. Your phone calls coming up, and Todd has an interesting story that he almost got beat up in the bathroom at a Boston Celtics game, So we'll have that from his podcast yesterday, Todd talks and more of your Phone calls, early poll results. Play of the Day next.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 5: Oh My God.
Speaker 2: Of the day is the play of the day. Check this out one of them pitches.
Speaker 8: Driven left.
Speaker 1: Durbin, what is going on is nothing?
Speaker 2: Sucks? Caleb Durban grand slam this guy who's batting one eighty three with one homer through May thirty first since then batting three oh four with ten homers. Boston's won six in a row fifteen and three since the All Star break. That's courtesy of the Red Sox Radio Network. That's your play of the day. Play of the Day brought to you by Liberty Liberty Liberty. Switch to Liberty Mutual to customize your home and auto insurance. You only pay for what you need Liberty Liberty Liberty. Get a quote at Libertymutual dot Com with your local independent agent. The Toddcast is a fascinating podcast into the mind of Todd. Fritz Dylan is your therapist, your host, and Todd stumbles upon a lot of topics that are deep, deeply seated in his brain, and here was one where he talked about nearly getting beat up in the bathroom at a Boston Celtics game.
Speaker 6: I thought I was gonna get beat up at at all.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It was a Fenway Park and I was TV Garden. I went to the bathroom of TV Garden. You know that commercial, but like from Bah, I'm at your cousin from Boston. I've got a beer commercial. I'm sitting on the toy and I thought I was just kind of murmuring to myself just to entertain myself while I was And it was like whatever. The middle of the third quarter of the game, and I had to go, and these two guys walk in and they attacking and back they packed. They can that whatever it is. And then I said, it's it's your cousin from Basstar. And I thought I was like whispering and maybe I'm losing my hearing or I thought it was loud. You have the sounds of flushing and stif and it was like, you know, like you press on that thing with the heat through the sounds of my hair dryers and and and there's all kinds of noises and people talking.
Speaker 2: And I don't know.
Speaker 6: I misjudged how lad I was, and I said, yeah, cos that from bad and I'm to making fun of like the Boston accent, and so so I one of the guys said something to a problem or something like that. It was like nothing, he was gonna swing the door open and pull me off the toilet. But I got scared for him because I'm like, I haven't even started wiping yet, and I'm like, I'm gonna be here for a while.
Speaker 2: All right, once again, too much information, But then that is the todcast. Whose fault would it have been if you got beaten up?
Speaker 6: I don't think it's the time.
Speaker 2: It's my folks.
Speaker 6: I'm like making fun of their accent, but I don't think it'd have to resort to violence. He could have just knocked on the stall and said, like, you know, how about we don't make fun of Boston accents or something like that. But if he would have pulled me off of it, that would have been messy. In several ways.
Speaker 2: Did they say anything.
Speaker 6: They said something like, all right, funny guy is something like that, I'll watch it. It was something along the lines of like they heard me making fun of Boston accent. And I'm obviously New York. I got my own problems with with accents. But they were talking really loudly. Maybe it was a I wasn't be able to concentrate on the in the restroom because they It was just annoying. So I felt like saying that, but I thought I whispered it to myself. But I guess I said it.
Speaker 2: Lad Uh, it's the toddcast. It's abailable, Dan Patrick, because if I'm bathed and yes, Dylan.
Speaker 3: The image of Todd getting ripped out of a stall with his pants around his angles by like two dudes from southe is, you can envision it.
Speaker 2: Chris and Syracuse. Good morning, Chris. What do you have for me today?
Speaker 5: Hey? Thanks Dan, I wonderful. One of the guys was Mark Wahlberg. I remember he told you one time. I think when he was at the Metallions he dropped ticked one guy in the bathrooms. Hey, I got something to throw actually in a couple possible poll questions. A lot of talk this week on the Dan Packers Show about teams needing to be more like the Dodgers and take a big swing at the trade deadline, and I hope for Home run, and I always remember when the Red Sox and theo Epstein kind of did the reverse. They gave up a home run for three singles and it paid off. They traded at the Deadline star and fan favorite Nomar Garciapara. They picked up the Dodgers, Dave Roberts and a couple other guys, and all three of them were a key in the world series Run. And Dan, I know I'm going to talk to you before your big day, but I wanted to say I have a great time at your daughter's wedding next weekend. And I know your speech will be awesome because knowing you, it's going to come from the heart. I was thinking, Dan, if you drop this line, I'm going to tweak it a little bit. I'm fortunate to know firsthand with my wonderful wife, that true love is the soul's recognition of its counterpoint and to other. And I think that's very rare, and I'm so blessed that my daughter has found that. I'm gonna say me, no.
Speaker 2: No, I can't, that's not me not They know i'd be lifting that from something like a poem, But thank you, Chris, Yes, Paul, that.
Speaker 4: Is lifted from wedding crashers.
Speaker 2: That's uh yeah, yeah, I can't do that. Yeah, Wilson, No, I'm already on notice that I can't be joky joking even last night. She goes, I know you're joking about this on the show, but I'm just saying, don't be joky, joky. I go, okay, but I have to have a little levity here. Do you just want me to be crying the whole time? You know this is it's a great day, it's a happy day, and so I have to keep telling myself, what are you crying about your big baby? What time does your.
Speaker 6: Future sung in good shape or overweight? Only reason I asked her, I remember Honeymooners episode they said, just remember I'm not losing a daughter, I'm gaining a ton. That would be kind of funny. If he was obese enough, that would go over very well.
Speaker 2: I'm sure your daughter would appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Not losing a daughter, I'm gaining a ton.
Speaker 2: You have to be kind of fat. You actually think that's funny.
Speaker 6: There's a hilarious I love the Honeymooners.
Speaker 2: So if my future son in law was heavy, calling him out for being heavy would be funny.
Speaker 6: At the the would be highly inappropriate, but it would be sort of hilarious. And he said, just joking, and everybody'd be like a ghast. I can't believe you're referring to his weight like that.
Speaker 2: Maybe at somebody else's wedding, but not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because that's your son in law forever, and that's gonna be hanging over with the family's head forever.
Speaker 7: Yes, Marvin, No, don't do that, because even if he was heavy, I don't know if Josh is or not, but he's not.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: They will always be beef between you two, because there's always seriousness within every joke.
Speaker 2: I unfortunately, have had some things to say about my youngest sister's husband, and I thought I was being funny because he always wore a lot of gold and bracelets, and so we thought he might have been in the mafia. Well he wasn't, But I said that at the wedding reception. I had to actually get up fifteen minutes later to apologize for my you haven't told us this one before. Oh, it's so embarrassing, but yeah, just trying to be funny. Trying to be funny that probably I don't know, thirty five years ago now, thirty years ago. Not good, not good, but imagine that. Excuse me, excuse me. I'd just like to say I was joking when I was talking about Matt and that he might have had mafia ties, and everybody's like looking back, and then that was it, Ampauli.
Speaker 4: That's an all time or a mid wedding apology during the dinner service, like you're enjoying your salads.
Speaker 2: Yes, but.
Speaker 4: Yes, Todd, but he does wear a lot of gold.
Speaker 2: People, am I right? And helped me out here. They did have a really funny moment. I've seen it one other time at a wedding reception where you got the best man up there, I think, and then it's like, hey, all of you women who have known you know, the uh, the groom, bring up your house keys because he's now married. And then you would have all of these people that they gave keys to, and then the last one would be like an eighty five year old grandmother and she walks up and gives the key, and you know, so that was funny. That mine was not funny. It's like, you know, in your mind, like there's part of me that's like you Todd that I go you know, you know, in my mind that sounds funny. Normally I don't say it.
Speaker 6: Yes, you have to really edit yourself a not verbalize or anything.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Not everybody gets your sense of humor, your wife tells.
Speaker 2: Me they do not, they do not. My wife said that to me last night. She keeps saying, once again, not everybody gets your sense of humor, And I go, thank God, I said, my audience does. And that's who I care about, han not the people showing up at a wedding reception. Wait, what did I just say when I armored the books? Who's in the confessional?
Speaker 1: Todd is ayay