Speaker 1: Wow, everybody, It's Tuesdata Simpertam twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Showhere, we don't make waiver claims once we're eliminated. It's me your man, MG Marcus Grant, joined by Michael f Florio and La Kwan Jones. We are all agreed on that, right, like when you're out, like the waiver wires off the list.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 3: No, yes, I'm gonna tweet it up tomorrow and there will be.
Speaker 1: Pushback Captain Captain Chaos LaQuan Here's like, yeah, of course, no, no not.
Speaker 2: I literally did a dirty move last week.
Speaker 4: I said it on the pod, like I didn't even start Russell Wilson. I took him. They didn't even start him. My buddy needed them. He lost.
Speaker 2: Oh well, but like, were you or were you?
Speaker 4: Like yeah, oh yeah, I was eliminated. I was just being toxic in my league. I mean that's that's what I do.
Speaker 1: But you guess feel that way. I don't know why I changed. I don't know why it changed.
Speaker 2: I just changed.
Speaker 3: My thing is like your league feet covers you for fourteen weeks, you fifteen on is earned.
Speaker 4: But if I could shake things up amongst my friends.
Speaker 2: Why not.
Speaker 4: I mean, like I got the group chat, like they're sending me hate mail. It's fine. I mean, look, I don't care. I'm out of the playoffs. He's like, I just send it all to spam. It's fine, don't worry about it. Yeah, all right. Anyway, this this could be debated, certainly on a future show. These are things we can debate in the off season. We have more time to stretch out a little bit. But I meantime, we do.
Speaker 1: Have a look at some of the guys that maybe bounced you from your league, some of the guys that might be the reason you are currently eliminated in your fantasy league, plus some waiver wire deep dives, and some guys we are putting on the waiver wire going forward. Let's start with some big questions for Week fifteen and beyond. First one, Florio, A lot of us were big on Kyler Murray. Thought he was, you know, gonna be everything, the guy that you wanted. Yeah, it hadn't really worked out that way. I mean, at this point, what is Kyler Murray when it comes to fantasy I mean, I guess he's a QB one, but he's not a strong QB one is he.
Speaker 3: No, he is the QB ten on this season. And when you go through his game logs, there's a few twenty plus performances and a couple of like twenty eight, but there's a lot of less than fifteen games as well. And I had someone yesterday texting me, like do I play Kyler Murray or Will Levis? And I said Kyler Murray, but like they were like, I think I'm gonna go with Will Levis. And that's the point that we have reached when it comes to Kyler. That being said, his next couple of games are really nice. He gets the Patriots next week, who we have seen allow a lot of really big performances, like Anthony Richardson had won against them last time in their last game. Then he gets the Panthers, who we know are not a good defense and can be had, and then the Rams, who are a good defense. Lakwan, but like that could be a very high scoring game, especially if they're chasing points or something like that, so like he could still make up for his struggles this year. But yeah, like Kyler Murray, like if I have him, I'm starting him the rest of the year, And just kind of knowing that he could give me twenty eight in a game or he could give me like thirteen, and there's really no rhyme or reason.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's the hard part, is that there's no there's no telling when it's going to happen, right, I mean, you know he gave you almost twenty nine against the Jets, which isn't a great matchup on paper. Uh. You know, against the Vikings, which seem like a better matchup, you only get fifteen. Like there's just no you know, there's no telling when what's going to happen. It's just so much confusion.
Speaker 4: You get the playoff though in the championship with him against the Rams, Like that's a one hundred percent you could just check off, Like I'm starting Kyler Murray that week?
Speaker 2: Is this just is this?
Speaker 1: Are you talking as an analyst or is a Rams fan who's just tired of watching Kyler like, you know, run through your team?
Speaker 3: Uh? A little bit of both.
Speaker 4: Just based on Colum bet colm Be, you know, it's a little bit of both. I just think that we struggle against mobile quarterbacks and you have Josh and go inside the sideline, you know, extending into plays this is similar to what Murray does. So he'll find success.
Speaker 3: We'll still win.
Speaker 2: We'll win. Now there you go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ask you about two a tongue of by Lola Kuan because he is tormenting you through the presence of John new Smith.
Speaker 2: But he's also been really hot lately for Fantasy.
Speaker 1: I mean, you look over the last four weeks, he right now is the QB two behind Lamar Jackson. You know, Josh Allen's still very much in the mix obviously with that, but four straight games with at least twenty three Fantasy points is two of the championship quarterback we're looking for.
Speaker 4: I think so, and I think a lot of people are sleeping on what's happening. Like you don't have many quarterbacks that are being this consistent week to week. And it's regardless of the defense that he's facing. And when you look at this offense, like we need to really remember what they have out there. They have a speedster, tight end speedster on the perimeters, Will Waddle and Tyreek Hill. Then you still have Deman h And still going out there making huge plays and Jalen Ray getting sprinkled in as well. This is a high power offense. And I know we looked at to h last season. You know, he was just kind of like a mid tier quarterback for fantasy. But he's really stepping up and he's going out there lighting it up. And I really think for the rest of this playoff run, like you can check the box off of that. You know you're gone to start two of regardless if it's the Browns, Texans, et cetera, et cetera. There's just too much upside and too much firepower on this offense that you want just to have a piece of.
Speaker 1: So I'm looking at the schedule for the fantasy playoffs. He's at Houston this week, so it's indoors, no worry about weather. Then in week sixteen, he's at home against the forty nine ers. Again, you'll be in South Florida, no real concerns about weather. They're week seventeen though he's on the road at Cleveland. It's going to be December. It's gonna be right around Christmas, just after Christmas too. That's a night game. It's gonna be cold, it may be snowing. The narrative of two in the cold. Weather's gonna come back right when you need him in championship weeks. That's one I would definitely for sure keep an eye on. But to keep the quarterback theme going, I'm gonna ask both of you this, I'll start with you, Florio, rest of the season.
Speaker 2: Would you rather start Patrick Mahomes or bow Knicks.
Speaker 3: Bo Knicks? Because since Week five, before the Monday night game of last week. From so from week five through week twelve, he was averaging it was like twenty two fantasy points per game, and that's top five quarterback numbers. And I know Mahomes has gotten better at least in the middle of the season and we were like, all right, this is the guy that you drafted and stuff. He's starting to come back around. Then the last two games it's right back to being Patrick Mahomes. That is not great for fantasy. And I know they were low scoring divisional games, but less than seventeen fantasy points now and four of his last five games. He has just two games this year with over twenty fantasy points. So he's all flour And that's fine in the regular season, but when you get to this time of the year, only the good teams are left. So I need more than just a floor of fifteen fantasy points with the ceiling being something like eighteen. So bow Knicks brings that because not only is he getting better passing results, but he runs more as well. So yeah, I'll take bow Knicks there, all right.
Speaker 2: I mean ask you look on the same thing. Mahomes are nixt rest of the season.
Speaker 4: Ah Man, this is actually tight for me, honestly because both of them are playing really well these last couple of games. But bo Knicks does give you a little bit more upside with his legs and he's absolutely incredible out of the pocket. Mahomes, you're looking at a structured offense where you have DeAndre Hopkins making the big plays, Juju Smith Schuster showing up last week, and Travis Kelce, Like you have all these big names and you have all these you know, superstars on the Chiefs offense. But Bo Nicks, man, it's just so fun to watch, and it feels a little bit more better being that you have him in starting lineups and you're watching them do all these amazing things as a rookie, Like he's definitely in that Rookie of the Year conversation. It's like, more so I'm happy I got them on rosters because it's absolutely just fun to watch Broncos games.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's certainly in the offensive Rookie of Year conversation without a doubt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at ahead Week seventeen. He gets the Bengals, Mahomes gets the Steelers on a Wednesday. I'd much ready to go against the Bengals.
Speaker 2: I think I'd much rather have the Bengals.
Speaker 1: I think the other part of this too, and I think you guys were both sort of hinting at this, is for the Broncos to win, they need bon Knicks to go out and have big games.
Speaker 2: Like the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: I really do think the Chiefs are just they sit around and they just pull, you know, ideas out of a hat, like how are we gonna win a game this week? Like, hey, maybe maybe we'll doink one off the upright as time expires, Uh, to win to win the division? Like yeah, it's just it's it's crazy, But it doesn't always involve Mahomes going out and throwing for you know too, eighty three hundred yards and three touchdowns. Whereas for the Broncos to win, they generally need a lot of performance out of bow Knicks. So I think that's the reason that I would lean Nix over Mahomes.
Speaker 3: Where do you think Mahomes gets drafted next year? Like the top five?
Speaker 1: Probably not, No, No, ten. I think he's still top ten, you know, yeah, I mean I still needs top tics. People a gonna be like it's it's Patrick Mahomes, Like, you know, he'll figure it out. I mean, right now, he's what he's QB eleven, I think at the moment. So I think that's still you know, I think he's still get drafted in the top ten.
Speaker 4: Quarter Betta.
Speaker 1: It's certainly not gonna be a third round pick in fantasy the way it has been the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: Have you been in league lately.
Speaker 1: That's that's a good point because I think, you know, home leagues a lot of more casual leagues. It's gonna be it's gonna take longer for that to catch up. Then it will win the super Bowl. That's going to carry over into the next draft. Like I just want in the world.
Speaker 3: Josh Lamar, Hurts, Jaden, Joe Burrow, they're all going over him.
Speaker 1: I think, yes, that's five for sure. Wow, so he could be six. He couldn't have been the quarterback six, just just on name value. I mean, it's really possible that could actually happen. All right, So those are guys maybe you could win your leagues for you. These are guys that might have bounced you from your respective leagues. Another round of the fantasy faux paws, the guys that likely killed your fantasy playoff hopes for the season.
Speaker 2: Lakwan Yours goes all the way back to Thursday night with the guy who's still looking for his first catch of the week. Oh God, I.
Speaker 4: Want to start off saying matt aka young link on ex Twitter, I apologize because I told him that Kayden Reid was going to go to the freaking moon with this matchup, and he did not.
Speaker 2: He did not.
Speaker 4: He put up a donut. And I don't understand why he was running less routs than usual, why he only had one target?
Speaker 2: What is going on?
Speaker 4: You have the matchup, the lines allowed the most completions and your yards two slot wide receivers, and that's exactly what he is, purely on the Packers offense. And he did not show up. So he probably bounced a lot of people. A lot of fantasy managers put him in the flex or even their wide receiver one or two and he just completely did not show up. So I apologize young Link aka Matthew.
Speaker 1: I mean it made sense, right, but you look back, it's been boom or bust with Jaden Reid. He's had one, two, three, four, five, seven games with fewer than thirty receiving yards, including four in a row with less than thirty receiving yards. So if you've been leaning on him, he has let you down. And you know, if you missed the playoffs, he could have a lot to do with the reason that you are done with your fantasy season Flourya. You similarly have another receiver that we've been able to lean on who disappeared in a big spot.
Speaker 3: And look, none of this was his fault. But aj Brown goes out against the Panthers puts up forty three yards and eight point three fantasy points, and I tweeted out yes because at one point I believe it was at halftime he still doesn't have a target, and or late he didn't get his first one till like late in the first half something like that, and Garafalo then was like, no, he was wide open for a long touchdown and Jalen Hurtsmith them so I went back and watched that play and got very frustrated. Then you see the play where DeVonta Smith catches a touchdown. AJ Brown is in the middle of the field wide open and hurts his eyes around him, and then he decides, now, I'm gonna throw it to the to DeVonta Smith who made the catch, but who has a defender draped all over him. And like I was very frustrated, I know fantasy managers were very frustrated. No one was more frustrated than aj Brown himself because after the game they asked him, what is one thing this team needs to improve on, and he simply said passing Like he's he doesn't care that s Pegmon Barkley is an MVP candidate. He's like, me and DeVonta Smith are awesome, and we are getting held back right now because our quarterback can't seem to get us the ball. And for the beginning of the year, AJ Brown looked like he was going to be like a runaway wide receiver, one league winner. And now in the last six weeks or so, my teams that have had that have AJ Brown, which are a whole bunch of them, are slowly just free falling, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, and it is insanely frustrating because he's doing his job and getting open and they just can't get him the ball.
Speaker 2: That's wild.
Speaker 1: You know that on a team where you know things are going well, you're leading the division, you're still very much in contention for the top seed in the NFC, it was a little bit of saltiness going on. So the Syrian he sort of handles that down the stretch for sure. Meanwhile, for you in fantasy, uh, you know, maybe that's the end. I don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 2: It's over for me.
Speaker 1: Brock Bowers and he was not quite as disappointing as the other two guys that you mentioned, but still you had expectations, I think for brock Bowers. I mean we had been saying for weeks that he was kind of the only thing that you could count on in the Raiders offense. But then when you needed a big performance out of him in a matchup that looked great against the Buccaneers, you get eight points, that's it. Three catches for forty nine yards. You also get three rushing yards yep beee. But other than that, it just was not a good day for brock Bauers. It was just sort of meh. Now that they've got quarterback issues there in Las Vegas, with Aiden O'Connell done for the year and looking like Desmond Ridard is gonna ridor gonna be the starter for the remainder of the season, you know, brock Bowers had been our one true tight end king, and look, barring something amazing, he's likely gonna finish as the tight end one. Right now, has like a twenty one point lead, almost a twenty two point lead over George Kittle for that number two spot, So it seems like he's on track to be the tight end one.
Speaker 2: But this was a week that you probably needed him, especially if you were.
Speaker 1: In a tight battle somewhere in your league and did not work out with brock Bowers.
Speaker 2: As you're starting fantasy tight end, I'm gonna take a quick break. Come back.
Speaker 1: We're gonna dive into some waiver wire guys to be adding, guys to be saying goodbye to.
Speaker 2: That's coming up the NFL Fantasy Football Show all right time.
Speaker 1: Now I want to dive into the deep waiver wire. Had a lot of waiver wire picks for you. On Monday's show. You can go back and check that out in case you want the more intense list. But in terms of some deep dive options Laquad, who should folks look at?
Speaker 4: Hey, if you're in entight spot, I think Tim Patrick's a great pickup. I mean, honestly, you're just looking for the touchdown upside. He's always been a red zone demon. I mean you go back to twenty nineteen through twenty twenty two with the Denver Broncos. He actually led them in touchdowns with eleven. So it's one of those things that if you're looking for a guy that has the upside with some type of buying. With his recent increase in usage, I honestly I'm going to be looking for guys that are going to be seeing the end zone. So Tim Patrick, he's definitely one of those guys that's probably out there with living and breathing on the wire that you could pick up, put it on the bench, and hopefully you won't have to put him in, but if you do, he's a good pickup.
Speaker 1: Uh Yeah, And look, you know we're not wishing for anything to happen, but if something happens to another receiver there in that's right, and that means potentially more opportunities for Tim Patrick going forward.
Speaker 2: Floyd, We've been.
Speaker 1: Telling people about this guy for the last couple of weeks, but now I guess it's things have become real for him in Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sincere McCormick and I have him on a whole bunch of teams. I started him on a lot of them this week and it wasn't the biggest fantasy day, just ten point nine fantasy points. But don't overlook what he did. He played nearly sixty percent of the snaps, fifteen carries, turned that into seventy eight yards, had three targets, and if you watch the game, though he looked the part. He had a lot of long runs. He had or a couple of long runs. He had a couple where he was able to break defenders and run through contact and just look the part. And that to me is always what I'm looking for the most, first and foremost. And look, they keep talking him up. I believe he is there running back the rest of the way. And the Raiders have a really good schedule, including getting the Jags and Saints in the final two weeks. So if you're in the fantasy playoffs and you have some Seer McCormick, he could be an option that you use as your RB two or flex option because of the schedule.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I look, just truth be told, watching him, he looks like he's been the most explosive, most productive running back the Raiders have trotted out all season long.
Speaker 2: And so again, I think this is the time of the.
Speaker 1: Year where teams that are out of it start looking at some of their younger players, seeing what they've got and giving those guys more opportunities. We talked on Monday about Tyrone Tracy and how that seems to be the case with him and the Giants. Could be the same thing with since Seer McCormick and the Las Vegas Raiders. So the Niners have the next man up, after the next man up, after the next man up, and its Patrick Taylor. We've gone through Christian McCaffrey, We've gone through Jordan Mason. Isaac Garrindo left the game on Sunday with an injury. We're not sure of his status, especially with the Niners having a short week and playing on Thursday. Patrick Taylor was the guy that took the opportunities after Garrinda went down, and he would be the starter if Grinda's not able to go this week. So that's something to keep an eye on. Patrick Taylor should be a really popular name. We love those running backs in the Kyle Shanahan offense, understanding that with each successive running back that comes in, the ceiling probably goes down a little bit. I don't know that you can expect the same from Taylor that we did from Grinda or Mason, or maybe a fully healthy McCaffrey, but the volume potentially should be there. I would also throw in, as a little bit of a sweetener, Israel Abana Kanda is now there in San Francisco as well, and he's gonna be the next man behind Patrick Taylor. Which I'm gonna make a reference that is old and neither of you probably get, but forty nine Ers running backs are turning into spinal tap drummers where each of them just kind of falls by the wayside and under the ice steps up. Just google it, guys, It's fine either way. The point is the Niners can't seem to keep a healthy running back. Patrick Taylor's the next guy up. But if you maybe want to play three D chess Israel Aabana Konda is another name to keep in your back pocket that maybe you want to add just in case things continue to go the way they have been going. So if you are adding folks as always, you were probably dropping folks. So La Kwan who shouldn't be saying goodbye.
Speaker 4: To So the fantasy playoffs are here, and Caleb Williams has been playing you know, good football for the most part. He's not turning the ball over. He has a couple back to back games with twenty plus fantasy points. But these next two games, man, you got the Vikings and Lions. These are going to be tough battles, especially with the Vikings. They're up there in the top three. When it comes to QB pressures, Kate Williams is the most sacked quarterback in an NFL right now. So with this Bears offense just not looking good, just overall just bad. I don't see much upside for him to be trusted in the fantasy playoffs. I love the things that he's putting on tape out there. He looks good out of the pocket when he makes his pocket magic happen, but sometimes it doesn't translate to fantasy points, and you're looking at the next two matchups Vikings and Lions. They're bottom of the table when it comes to fantasy points per game allowed the quarterbacks. So I'd rather go to trusted options. I'd rather go to other veteran options out there for the fantasy playoffs. But I cannot put my trust into a rookie. He has to go bye bye. All of that makes sense. I'm still telling you that he's gonna be in the sleeper's column this week. But everything you said, everything you said absolutely makes sense, especially this time of year. The matchup this week, though against the Vikings is good.
Speaker 1: When they played in Week twelve, it was one of the better performances than Caleb has had this year. But I certainly understand if in the playoffs you're just not going to trust your fantasy life to Caleb Williams and inconsistent at best Bears offense Floria.
Speaker 2: Who are we letting go of?
Speaker 3: This one hurts my heart so much, but I can guarantee you this player will not be in your sleepers article this week. Kyle Pitts, I mean, look, is it his fault? I don't know. It might be Kirk Cousins, but like, like we said last week, at some point the excuses are just old, Like Okay, he's had now numerous play callers, numerous quarterbacks, and it just has not come to fruition. I don't know if he is not the same guy since his knee injury. I don't know if he doesn't have that dog in him. I don't know why Ray Ray McCloud is getting targets over him. But in his last three games, Kyle Pitts combined in his last three games two catches for twenty three yards. In four of his last five games, he has one catcher fewer for less than fifteen yards. And that is it. Like there's simply no floor, no ceiling. Right now, I don't see any way you can trust Look, if you draft the Kyle Pitts, your season's probably over by now. But if you survived this regular season, I don't see any way you could trust him in the fantasy playoffs because he's such a threat right now to give you less than three points. And we haven't outside of a couple of games earlier in the year, we haven't really seen much upside in two months now with this new version of Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 1: I mean, what if I told you that he was he was in the initial list of sleepers but did not make the cut because of all the things that you just said.
Speaker 3: I would feel really bad if he wasnt the sleeper list.
Speaker 1: Uh. I mean he was like I said, like, you know, I go through and I just start putting names that are potential candidates for it, and then you know, you start to do the research and you dive in and you're like, yeah, no, that's not gonna work, or you know, maybe I can put this guy instead, like and like, so he was like he was on the long list, he did not make the short list.
Speaker 3: If I was just like, there's no way he's on there, and.
Speaker 2: Then you were like, like he's there. He's actually there.
Speaker 4: I know first on the list.
Speaker 2: He's number one this week.
Speaker 1: No, but I will tell you that the the list for tight end sleeper options in week fifteen is not great. So so believe it at that for sure. Well, if we're talking about Atlanta, falcons will stay in Atlanta and we can move on from Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 2: It has not been great for a while for Cousins.
Speaker 1: We were talking on Monday before Monday Show and how we were so surprised at the reaction of Vikings fans. I mean, they were just straight up hostile to Kirk Cousins in what was the I mean, I don't know if you call it a revenge game, but the homecoming game, whatever you want to call it. Either way, they did not welcome him back, which surprised me because I just thought Minnesota's were nice anyway. But also it wasn't that Cousins was a disaster for your team. He actually helped you have some success, So we were all a little bit surprised by the venom that he that he had.
Speaker 2: But also he has not played well for a while now.
Speaker 1: Ten fewer than ten point three fantasy points in his last four games for or three straight rather with single digit fantasy points. Three inch and forty four yards against the Vikings, which is good, but no touchdowns, two interceptions, which is not good. Nine point seven points there, and there are some semi good matchups. I mean, you know, the Raiders have been kind of tough, but it's a decent matchup on paper. He finishes at Washington, who I know have been better, but still I can give up some yards. The Giants kind of a so so matchup, but I wouldn't trust Cousins against any of those at this point. Surprised he's still rostered in thirty five percent of NFL dot Com leagues.
Speaker 2: That even seems a little bit high.
Speaker 1: I would imagine that number is gonna start to go down in the next couple of days. There's just you know, if you're streaming quarterbacks, there are a lot better options out there than Kirk Cousins. We can finally let go of him and move on and say goodbye for sure. So there it is, let it go. Time to say bye bye to those players, Time to say bye bye to all of you out there listening. We appreciate you, of course. As always, no I'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast, The Happy, Safe, and Healthy, do good, and live well. Enjoy the day, everybody. We would talk to you again tomorrow.