Speaker 1: This radio shows any other mainstreams media outlet. Breakfast Club, take you go, take it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get break.
Speaker 3: The time you then will come here when it stay DJ Nvy and Charlamagne the guy being here.
Speaker 2: Next to all of you guys.
Speaker 4: It's really it's one of my favorite shows to do, just because you'll always.
Speaker 1: Keeping one honey, y'all keep it real. But what better place than than here? I think everybody should go on the Breakfast Club and start out. You want to shake it up for me? Is it your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 5: Way up, whether you're mad or blast, time to get up and get some Call him now eight hundred five eighty five one oh five to one.
Speaker 1: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello, this this is actually.
Speaker 3: Hey Ashley, good morning. Where you calling them from Columbus, Columbus? Okay him, get it off your chest, mama.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: So I'm a stay at home mom, but I also have my business on the site, and I just feel like my husband is just so it's considerate half the time that he doesn't understand.
Speaker 7: What I really do.
Speaker 8: You know, like in a lot of what that actually did?
Speaker 3: You know, how you can fix that, Ashley, Ye go away for a day watching them six kids.
Speaker 6: When I go away for a day, my kids they called me.
Speaker 9: I was like, who's your dad.
Speaker 7: They'll be like, oh, he's in the groove.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: You turn off your phone for one day that and let him have to deal with feeding them kids, washing those kids, taking the kids out.
Speaker 10: Why are you giving this bad but that's down. Turned off her phone for one day, you'd have a fit, But turn your phone.
Speaker 1: Actually, he doesn't appreciate her.
Speaker 3: So she's saying that she's a stay at home mom and we've.
Speaker 7: Been together since high school.
Speaker 11: Like he's the only man I've ever been with.
Speaker 6: Like I really give everything.
Speaker 11: And all my time to everybody. Turn my kids, help your.
Speaker 3: Flax and let him have to take care of the kids. And I bet you when you come back, he'd be like, baby, please don't leave. Baby, Baby, don't turn your phone off for your husband.
Speaker 10: Man, because the envy would have a fit if Ye turned off the phone for him out.
Speaker 1: But I was training my wife.
Speaker 10: I know how hard it is if six kids, you still would have a fit if she turned her phone off for a day. Imagine calling your wife. Imagine how many times we call our wife a day and we can't get in touch with On.
Speaker 5: The twenty five, he don't respect his wife, so he cut it out respect.
Speaker 12: I agree he did that, but she's speaking for her and you're speaking for you. So you respect your wife, but that doesn't speak to how she feel about what you present them. So he could think he's respecting her and she may not feel it.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 6: But I wished that too, because I do understand that communication that's key, and I wished that.
Speaker 9: And I'll be like, well, I just want this, so I just want that, and I'll.
Speaker 6: Be like, okay, like in the morning, don't wake me up and be like, well, I want And I was about six months old. I would like.
Speaker 7: Tonight like I.
Speaker 10: Respecting subjectives though I was gonna say that to respect and subjective.
Speaker 1: So I got to know what her definition of feeling disrespected. She just told, you know what I'm saying, That's what I'm like.
Speaker 6: Especially I cantered away. I had five other orders besides the wedding this weekend, and I was just exhausted up every hour with the.
Speaker 9: Baby, you know, and he's also on the weekends.
Speaker 6: But he didn't get up and help me. But he didn't want to try to wake me up. And then but the attitude when I'm like, no, get out my face.
Speaker 3: You might just have to wake him up at three o'clock in the morning, sit on his face and be like how does it feel?
Speaker 1: Now? That's you might have to do that. Thank you.
Speaker 10: That's not disrespect men, you know what I'm saying in the morning, poor man, poor woman with the baby all night.
Speaker 1: I get it, but that's not It might be inconsiderate, but disrespect. There we go and considerate you love disrespectful to go the other way right? Something right. So it's like I'm bringing it to your radio bill, it's real talking Hello, who's this good?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 1: Good? Get it off your chest, mama.
Speaker 7: I am really upset a lot of them this morning because I had accidentally finding and when he changed.
Speaker 13: Up a car never carried over rental. So now I'm having to freaking like get up brother in the morning and dropped my release and we can't have the trouble all week because of his if he like he's just like.
Speaker 3: Damn, feels like everybody this morning that we can't really hear you because you're so upset that you're yelling. But all like we can hear is that you're mad at your husband something about a rental car. He didn't give it back and now you have to do it and you would to Wilid.
Speaker 1: On his app.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 7: No, yeah, no, I got into a car accident on Friday. It was my fault because I was rushing. But like when he turned over, like when we chased cards, he never put friends, Like how do you have on the insurance with I don't know? No one figure out how to get to work back and forth and we weren't opposite wait and opposite schedules.
Speaker 1: Also he got he got the rental and you don't have one.
Speaker 7: You He never put rental when he changed over cards. Don't you know when you get into an accident and you have rental insurance.
Speaker 1: Oh got you to the car, so you gotta pay for the car.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's like and.
Speaker 7: It's like we gotta pay for like bathing cheap.
Speaker 10: Well you should have got into accident, figured out, you know, you shouldn't have gotten into an accident.
Speaker 1: Man, it was your fault.
Speaker 7: You said that, but you know what, Okay, yeah, it was my fault. But however, this is why we have insurance. This is why we put options on there? What if somebody would have hit me?
Speaker 1: It's not like all.
Speaker 10: It sound like both of y'all blaming each other for things that out of y'all control. And that's why I mean they should have put you should have put insurance on your car. When people do that because they be like, I'm never gonna get an accent. Why I got paid his extra? That's what insurance and then saying, way, you shouldn't have got into an accident. He probably should have had insurance. But it's no need for y'all to be pointing the finger at each other.
Speaker 7: I understand that. But like now, our kids have to kids have to be yes to go and drop me if that work.
Speaker 10: That's not saying you gotta figure it out though, that's life, you know what I'm saying, You got to figure out how to pivot in sometimes in life.
Speaker 3: So y'all arguing, now have a go with mama, get it off your chest. Eight hundrenk five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, right right.
Speaker 1: Ray yo charloa man, yamfy, what up are we losing this is your time to get it off your chest. I got an indoor pool pool. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Get on the phone right now, He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 14: We lie.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 1: This is a game's up.
Speaker 16: I'm just pad at the older generation expecting that the younger generation should have retire the same age as because I'm at work and I see these guys, you know, six something years years old working and they old.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 16: I'm just like, man, I can't be that old when I retired.
Speaker 10: Well you know what they say, Well, somebody told me back in the day, retirement is not an age, it's an income. I don't even know if I believe that anymore, because there's people I know that make mad money, but they just love what they do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of people love to work, and then a lot of people, you know, honestly don't know how to prepare for the future. You also got to think, you know, this is the generation where we're starting to learn more about financial freedom. So a lot of times, you know that the generation before us didn't actually know how to retire, didn't know how to save so they can retire.
Speaker 1: So some people still have to work.
Speaker 3: That's why when you see sometimes when you go into those supermarkets and you go to those places and you see an older person working, you got to give them patience and help them out because sometimes they're there because they have to and they're just trying to, you know, get by like everybody else.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and you know what they say when when you stop moving, you know, you start to die. Yeah, some people don't want to keep some people want to keep moving.
Speaker 16: I guess that's maybe the professional I'm in right I'm an electrician. I'm in a trade out of Vegas right now. And I mean these guys just don't want to retire. They feel like if they retire, they're gonna die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that could be a chance.
Speaker 3: And I'll be honest, I'd rather the mess with the older electrician or older mechanic or older doctor because a lot of times they didn't see everything, they didn't been through it.
Speaker 1: You know, Like that about your president, you feel like, I feel like.
Speaker 16: This should be an age president, just like they got time.
Speaker 15: You had me.
Speaker 1: Y'all want y'all want everything else.
Speaker 10: Age. You want your cognact age, your electrician age. But when it comes to your president. You don't want your own president.
Speaker 3: You using a mechanic or electrician like they've been through everything to see what works and what doesn't work. And a lot of this new generation they rely on AI or computers to see what's wrong I rather than tell me.
Speaker 1: But for president, he keeps falling. Your president definitely keeps falling. Tell you the president need a care Give Hello, who's this morning? I can hear you. Now, come on and mama, get it off your chest.
Speaker 17: Drive.
Speaker 1: I'm a post the picture. That's right. Yeah, I ran into you at the airport. We were heading into Aruba, right right? How you doing man? You're being safe out there? This is our bus driver from the Bronx.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm doing this.
Speaker 18: School does say good morning.
Speaker 1: You just called this SA good morning?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 11: You be saying every day is something different in the Bronx.
Speaker 19: Especially in the Bronx.
Speaker 1: The Bronx will be safe out there morning.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then you be the same person screaming BX at the show. No I don't.
Speaker 6: I'm duck when it's X, and they say I'm like yes, yes, but get it off your chest.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent hit us up now, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Longas State. You know there was a shooting there recently. Yes, uh, you guys have canceled the homecoming and there was a lot going on. So have you reached back out to the school.
Speaker 1: How how is.
Speaker 3: Everything happening now? Because I know you're you're big when it comes to giving back to that school.
Speaker 5: So I was supposed to actually host our homecoming gala, which is the biggest fundraiser of the year. Our host the gaily Year's shirt you know, tuxedo out, and that got postponed to December the eighth. The official homecoming got canceled, but Black people homecoming went on as planning. Oh they were still party. They called it because the homecoming got canceled. Brunch because the homegum got canceled. Day party because the home So we you know, you have thousands of people who were looking forward to this weekend. So they came down and had a great time and showed solidarity after the shooting.
Speaker 1: You had mothers. There was a group of mothers who got together.
Speaker 5: Who didn't have kids in school, who came up just to show support for kids who were far away from home. Who needed a mom, If you need a hug, if you need to ask a mom question real quick, we're standing right here. And so while the tragedy happened, and you know, our prayers are with those students and their families and everybody affected, there's also this gigantic push of solidarity, this gigantic push of unity. This is a new Morgan state, and we're gonna stand together to shake off some of the old reputation and move in a new positive way. When things like this pop up, it throws a monkey rich into the we're a new Morgan thing. So we came out even stronger.
Speaker 1: That's why I've been I've been orange and blue since that day.
Speaker 5: You know, my kids are walking around with the hats and everything else, and I'm screaming it out as much as I possibly can. These institutions. You know, I don't have to come on here and appreciate to you what an hby means for our community. So you know, at this time in my life, I'm happy to be able to be there for my school.
Speaker 1: Whatever they need.
Speaker 5: They call me for anything, if the students need anything, my frat brothers need anything, they hit me up and like, let's go do X, Y and Z.
Speaker 1: Do you think they should have canceled on coming.
Speaker 5: I think it was a good call by doctor Wilson is an incredible leader for that school. And let's imagine if he didn't cancer this black Mama ain't canceled, it's a tragedy. So he did the smart thing, he did the thing that someone in academia should do. Let's cancel this. Everybody else though, we went and partied and everybody had a great time.
Speaker 1: All the events around homecomings. Yeah, none of that. You ain't. You ain't canceling rare essence.
Speaker 5: You ain't canceling the go go because you know, you're not even supposed to have a go go in Baltimore in the first place. So the fact that you got a go go in Baltimore or we coming, and you're not canceling that you can't Baltimore. It's too old Baltimore. Most of the country doesn't really doesn't know that. There is a unspoken rivalry between the African American community and Baltimore and the African American community in DC.
Speaker 1: They got their own language. They and so we have too.
Speaker 5: We grew up with two different Like you said, culches, different accents, music, food, we did, way we dress and the and the like.
Speaker 1: So when I got to Baltimore, there was no go go.
Speaker 5: But so ever you did not don't even don't even bring that up in Baltimore now because of I think, because of the twenty thirty is that DC has been heavy going to Morgan State making alliances in the city. My wife is from the west side. First, let me say that my wife is from the West side of Baltimore. And when I married a Baltimore woman, the DC women.
Speaker 1: Like, hold on, ah, y'all, no, that's not what we're doing. I was like, Oh, that's what we do. You ain't. You don't sleep with her, you haven't had some of that that old bait that she served.
Speaker 5: She's got a crab boy for your ass that you you don't know nothing about. And so I think that there's slowly, but surely there's there's an alliance that has been coming between Baltimore and DC. At least the the hard line has been softened. I won't say that is an alliance, but the hard line has been softened. But you never hear about this rivalry that we had that goes on. I think it's the stupidest thing ever. I think that the two communities, African American communities in those major cities. D C's a major city, Baltimore is a major city.
Speaker 1: I think we need to come.
Speaker 10: Yeah, anything that brings you all together, I would think, like comedy, right, because I think your comedy underrated comedy is an underrated comedy scene in Baltimore, DC.
Speaker 5: You got Dave, you got Donall so here quick, just hilarious. So here's how we feel about that. The same applies. So it's like this growing up. Anything coming out of Baltimore, you just automatically x and if you in Baltimore, anything coming out of DC, you just automatically x NA.
Speaker 1: You don't know them. I learned that from my my Baltimore gooons.
Speaker 5: What's up with y'all? I ain't saying no name, what's up a y'all? But I know some straight goods, and you know Baltimore. You know, the wire was real.
Speaker 1: Let's let's let's keep let's keep it the buck. The wire was real, and the climate in Baltimore, it's it's serious, it's very very serious.
Speaker 5: So it's gonna take thirty forty years for that alliance to pop off.
Speaker 1: It was talking about black folks who are setting their ways.
Speaker 5: Black folks are very very slow to change, and unless you have a reason to change, a very straightforward reason to change, ain't ain't gonna be that much change when we come back with Kicking It with Joe Claire, so don't move.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning, the Breakfast Club, wanting everybody's DJ n V.
Speaker 3: Charlomagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club, but kicking it with Joe Clair, of course from Rap City Charlomagne.
Speaker 10: Another thing too, I was watching the doc Man, I've always loved the interview you did with Big.
Speaker 1: That's that's the iconic in the Biggie and I knew that was Big. I couldn't. I knew that was Big last interview. It was his last television interview. I think I think I think swave might have been his last radio and he was going, he went to the radio. Now did y'all shoot that in La? Shot it in La. That's what we was laying like in the park, right we sit in So we really were on a sound.
Speaker 5: Stage and they were shooting the hypnotized video. The dance scenes were going on in there. So they took a break.
Speaker 1: From that, sat us outside and that's how that interview popped off.
Speaker 10: Always wondered, were you concerned for your safety shooting out in LA at the time, because it was all the East Coast West Coast beef and all of that.
Speaker 5: I'm concerned for my safety every day, so my head is always on a swivel. So I didn't feel any more concern than I normally feel when I go to La.
Speaker 1: I just know, like doing Rap City.
Speaker 5: The thing that I knew was when you go to somebody hood, when you go to a city, you abide by they rules.
Speaker 1: You shut your mouth, don't start no shit, won't be no sea.
Speaker 5: So nah, I didn't have any extra concerns for my safety that day. We had plenty of security ANIMI civilian.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Then I sit and I do the interview. It's a great day season Junior Mafia right behind us. The dancing girls are over there. Of course, then Big City. You want to smoke something, day just got better. I'm not a smoker, but.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna smoke with somebody, you're gonna smoke with biggie smoke.
Speaker 5: So I had to catch a red eye that night because I was going out on the Deaf Comedy Jam tour. This was the first night, so I had to fly home Wednesday after getting the interview, pack my bags, get on the tour buses coming from Kid and pre Little Jersey coming down to DC, pick me up, and then we.
Speaker 1: Drive to Dallas. We do the show in Dallas. The next night we go to Houston. Do the show in Houston. Had a ball and three thirty four o'clock in the morning, Kid called my phone, like, Yo, they say, biggie guy's shot.
Speaker 5: You know, it's four o'clock in the morning. You've been out drinking, like whatever, you know, it's just some more hip hop here say book. Then my girlfriend at the time called me.
Speaker 1: She was like, they say, biggie guys shot. Let me turn on Headline News, y'all member Headline News.
Speaker 5: Then every half hour first story rapper Christopher Wallace has gunned down.
Speaker 1: At this point, the interview wasn't out. Interview's not out.
Speaker 5: I just was this is Sunday morning. I just was dead Wednesday. This is Sunday morning at six in the morning, So nah, no interview out. They ain't get time to try. They still a party and just those next couple of weeks when I got to reflect on it, I realized I was just numb because Tupac had just died and now Biggie got killed.
Speaker 1: I was like, we cannot be that dumb?
Speaker 20: Are we?
Speaker 1: Black folks were really not that stupid? Are we? Is this who we are? Tim and Sean that unfortunately it's sad.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was one of those times Charlemagne and Envy where I really just I'm very us.
Speaker 5: I was like, man, I man a lot of that, so a lot of the like hanging out and I just did not want to do like because I don't know what you on. And then and I watched cats, I knew some of the most righteous dudes. Next thing I know, he he come with the chain and he gotta get his swaged together. You you, you've been made since you was nineteen years and ten years old.
Speaker 1: You've been made.
Speaker 5: You've been a man. I know your family, I know what you staying on you switching up because you think this is what the coach a dog man and has colored how I see us.
Speaker 1: Since then, nothing has changed your mind about us.
Speaker 5: I mean remember, leading up to that, I sat in the middle of the East coast West coast thing. Every week, every day, every rapper's got something to say about the other coast.
Speaker 1: That what made you start saying East Coast, West Coast worldwide. I took it straight from the Lost Boys.
Speaker 5: Yes, we really need to we really need to do this big shout out to Mac ten and Fat Joe because I don't know if you guys remember they did a movie Thinking and Water Up something like that. And then and Fat Joe realized and Fat Joe used to be coming up to this show like man that I'm keeping the flame going on this East Coast West Coast.
Speaker 1: After that, I see Joe and he's like, now they cool. And then as you used to see mac ten and mactin.
Speaker 5: Like nah, they cool, They're super cool. And then you found out it really wasn't the East Coast versus. It was the media making in and it was Park against Biggie and they used to be best friends. And now we're looking at really this came down the two best friends fell out. Now they have other influences and that just got bigger and bigger and bigger.
Speaker 1: The control you know, we have.
Speaker 10: We have conversations on the Breakfast Club that have ended up confrontational did y'all have any of those on Rap City?
Speaker 5: That y'all y'all the only person who ever like tried to sum me he sum me one time. It was my first live taping and I'm interviewing Pete Rock and cl Smooth.
Speaker 1: Oh my heroes.
Speaker 21: My.
Speaker 1: I know they album back to backward and forward. I know everything.
Speaker 5: I know every syllable of that album. So it's like five four three two go. I'm like, ah, it's Rap City, Joe play here, blah blah blah blah blah blah blahn do.
Speaker 1: My thing, So what's up with you?
Speaker 5: And then I don't get nothing from cl He's pretty So then the cameras cut off.
Speaker 1: He's like, Yo, son, you mad extra? I SA said, what what you mean? He's like, yo, over the top, He like mad extras? Yo, bring it down a little bit. Five four three two.
Speaker 5: All right, y'age man, Joe Clear here on Rap City, I Got Bigger?
Speaker 1: How do you hear that?
Speaker 15: End? For me?
Speaker 5: I took it as a vet somebody who was in the industry showing me what he thought I should be. No skin off my, you know that's what you think I should be already? No Joe Cliar and if it's nothing, I know Joe. I know what Joe Clin do and I stayed extra for five years.
Speaker 1: I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 5: This conversation, oh man, And we just let me get there's a few things I like to get on my chest.
Speaker 1: Make sure you follow.
Speaker 5: Make sure you follow me at Joe Clare on all social media platforms. If you are in the d m V watch me every day at three o'clock on Fox five. It's called the d m V Zone. I am on news every day and you'll see it when you tune in. And other than that, just follow your boy Matt shows. I do my own shows monthly at a play at a spot called Bowie in Bowie, Maryland. So we do a comedy show in Bowie. Very intelligent, well to do black crap, so I love going in there. We got heavy hitters coming through each and every month. So just you can just check the schedule there and then.
Speaker 1: Let me see. I'll be at thee Claire dot com. Just go thank you well, it's Joe Claire, ladies. And to make sure you watch the Rap City dot Ye.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Are you someone who knows you don't have to sacrifice comfort for quality, someone who lives large in life and in the bedroom, then live large and now dinner with new Magnum raw condoms, the thinnest Magnum condom available where condoms are sold. We're talking about this interview that Tyler Perry said, and Tyler Perry said this in the interview.
Speaker 22: In our society right now, black women are making a lot more money for the most part than black men. Right There are a lot of black men who are successful, but for the most part, black women are making the money. So you, if you can find love, if that man works at whatever job and it's a good man, and it's good to you and honors and honors the house and honors white and does what he can because his gift may not be your gift exactly. That is okay, that's not somebody who's beneath you. That's somebody who came to love you at your work, right and as long as he's secure in himself to know that, yep, she makes more of the money. All I can pay is the light deal. As long as she's comfortable enough to say, I'm gonna cover the mortgage and all the other stuff you've handed the light deil baby, you can take me to dinner and every now and then.
Speaker 1: That is fine.
Speaker 22: Yeah, that love, that support that I got your babe, it's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 3: So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one five one. We're talking to women out there, are black women out there. Do you believe what he says? Do you believe where you know? You should stop looking for a pockets and look more for love. I definitely think everybody should stop looking for pockets. You should definitely look for love. You should look for a person that's got good character. You look, you should look for a person that's got a good spirit. You know what I'm saying, Like somebody that's gonna hold you down, you know, as a human, like because finances go up, finances go down. Like, it's not always gonna be about money. If if, if all, if all it takes is money, what are you you hope.
Speaker 1: Matter now? It takes money? Response up here?
Speaker 21: Okay, but keep in mind, as much as you're telling us to go look for deeper than just the wallets, some people just don't have any depth.
Speaker 1: There's nothing else to them.
Speaker 10: Well, I don't think you have any depth of all you're looking forward to money? No, I don't think if all you're saying is I wanted somebody with money.
Speaker 1: What if he checks all the boxes.
Speaker 3: He's a great guy, he treats you well, he's you can see him being a great father.
Speaker 1: He does everything except financially.
Speaker 4: It could be friends because for me, No, look for me, I'm just saying ambition, like that's more important than money, Richie.
Speaker 1: So ambition equates the wealth, like you have to have wealth to be ambitious. No, no, no, no, that makes zero sense. But let's let's let's let's go to the phone lines. A lot of people that he's filling women in a pair of tough boy and that's what he's saying.
Speaker 11: Hello, who is hi?
Speaker 1: I'm Jocelyn, Hey, Jocely, good morning, good morning. Now let's let's talk about what Tyler Perry said. What's your thoughts.
Speaker 19: I think Tyler Perry's statement is rooted and idealism, Like we're not talking about millionaire salaries. We're talking about average salaries. And even if it's two hundred thousand or three hundred thousand and eight dollars a year that a woman is making men contribute different things to a relationship as you women. So a man who doesn't make a lot of money is not going to come in the house and cook and clean and you know, show up a nice launderie and do all those things.
Speaker 1: Why would I be wearing en? They still? Why would I do? I would cook and I would clean. You know what I'm saying, You're acting person.
Speaker 19: They've always been apt to settle, and then when they fall and their salaries full and they fall into financial situation, it's like, why do you marry that, brokelyn? Why do you marry a man who keeps that too?
Speaker 1: And you attract what you are?
Speaker 19: Always realistic?
Speaker 1: Settle? Now, I don't think this is settling. I really don't think this is settling.
Speaker 10: I think that you know, you shouldn't asked for anything in somebody else that you don't have in yourself. Don't look for nothing in anyone that you don't have in yourself. Now, see, I really feel like, can you make those kind of demands in me?
Speaker 3: I really feel like when when I think things got worse, when people started concentrating on money, right, and I just looked.
Speaker 1: Back at my parents, my aunts, my uncles, my grandparents. They didn't have money. It was just it was about love.
Speaker 3: My dad was a police officer, my mom worked at an insurance compan They wasn't money.
Speaker 1: They just fell in love.
Speaker 3: But then I also think about you know, when I met my wife, I was fifteen sixty, it wasn't about money.
Speaker 1: We didn't have any money.
Speaker 10: Can you imagine being this is this thing about you broke as hell, but you like I don't want nobody but a rich man.
Speaker 2: You broke.
Speaker 1: Why would that rich man want you? Brookie shouldn't be dating. I don't believe that either. Where are these stupid rules coming from?
Speaker 23: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey, what's your day? Hey? What's your thoughts to what Tyler Perry said? Mama.
Speaker 18: I I do understand where he's coming from, and I do also understand where Tarva, Maine is coming from, because I steel that way as well. But I don't think he's say, lord, your standards. I'm just I think he's just speaking on if you are with someone who just works a regular nine to five, and he's affecting that, he's treating you right. He's taking care of the things that he can take care of with. If you're working, you can take care of something, and it's a genuine person. Don't try to look for someone who makes all of this money just for you, not to receive other things that's important as well, like don't necessarily worry about finances. But I do understand where Scharla Maine is coming from. With women, they do cand to always say they want to stand with so much money and all these things, but they don't have as much money as well. They want a man with all these fancy cars if they don't have none at all.
Speaker 10: Right, so right, because why would a rich man want a broke woman? Why would I want a woman who just wants me for my money? You know what I'm saying that I'm gonna end up giving you half of everything that I've ever acquired when this relationship is over.
Speaker 1: For what now? Victoria, somebody else that works pair just came and she came in here so dominican. Just now, she came in here, very mean.
Speaker 10: She was so Dominican when she walked in this room. Tell him to say exactly how you said it when you walked in the room.
Speaker 2: I said, we can't be two Broki's together.
Speaker 1: And I said, yes, you can't. No, we can.
Speaker 10: And sometimes you might just have to be. There might not be any other choice, but y'all might come up together.
Speaker 21: But when we get into that situation of like, oh, I'm not happy, Like but you knew what he was when you met him, and now you were sitting here telling me I need to rock with the brokes, makes you think you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna be happy with the rich man.
Speaker 10: The rich man gonna probably treat you worse because the rich man is like, you don't bring nothing.
Speaker 1: To the table. You keep saying financially So what is financially stable? I just said, someone that's able to take me out as well.
Speaker 2: I'm not asking for no boogie sever anything.
Speaker 1: Give me a number. What's financially stable to you?
Speaker 8: Salary rise? I would like for her to be at least like eighty thousand.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 3: So if you're just joining us now with a collective up pair our producers that work in the back and waterfalls, that is Victoria. You came in here, a little spicy Victor. Now for God treats you well, that's everything he's supposed to do. He's not cheating, know how to sucer.
Speaker 18: What is it?
Speaker 1: But does not have much money? Do you still date them?
Speaker 8: Yeah, as long as you're not too broke.
Speaker 1: But that's all. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 10: I just don't want you to stop looking for love, man, something for good character in people.
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 2: What happened to?
Speaker 4: So y'all don't want to go against what managed supposed to provide and everything else, y'all want to go against that.
Speaker 1: What is it supposed to provide? We work hard, some some some what they can.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is me where I'm at. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And that's all.
Speaker 10: I don't look for nothing in anybody you don't have in yourself each other.
Speaker 15: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Well, if he's a good guy, blah blah blah, but he's not at the level that I'm at.
Speaker 10: No, no, no, But I want you, first of all, I would encourage people never detailer because she's a terrible person.
Speaker 1: Human means very Never want to a woman like that.
Speaker 2: I'm going to challenge you.
Speaker 8: That's what it is.
Speaker 1: So let's go to the phone. The Philly women are crazy. Hello, who's this Eric?
Speaker 11: How you doing?
Speaker 1: Good morning? What do you think of what Tyler Perry said?
Speaker 23: I think she was wrong, I honestly do it's in the Bible. I mean to get out and man, I'm just saying read the Bible like that's that's the hierarchy. I think the man is supposed to protect and provide, like, yes, I gotta take you might just.
Speaker 24: Be one of my kids.
Speaker 3: Doesn't necessarily mean by chingel bags and burkings and cars.
Speaker 1: That means food and make sure you're safe. And you think a man can't protect and provide for you just because you got more money, But then.
Speaker 24: Why am I making more money in the first place? Is the question? If you're supposed to be I mean.
Speaker 23: A real man is not going to take that.
Speaker 1: A real that's not true.
Speaker 24: The household.
Speaker 10: Now, I wish men thought that men. If men thought like this, women wouldn't. Who would have been Who would women be?
Speaker 1: With women?
Speaker 19: I'm actually thought this.
Speaker 24: Some cultures they don't even allow their women to work.
Speaker 9: I'm not I'm not agreeing with that because I'm.
Speaker 24: An independent woman married an independent woman. But at the same time, I believe the man is supposed to hold everything down. A woman is supposed to hold down the kids, the household, him mentally, physically, emotionally, And why I have to do all of that and provide the money as well.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 10: If you already got the money as a woman, if you rich already, there's only one other thing to have, and that's love.
Speaker 1: It one other thing to have. That's a man that's gonna hold you down, to protect you and care for you. That's it.
Speaker 9: But how do we love himself?
Speaker 24: If he's an adequate to provide financially, he might.
Speaker 1: Have twelve inches. Whoa, he may have, that's what you need. Second, the man might have twelve inches man, the man nobody want that wants that. Y'all want twelve inches. Y'all want money. I don't know what y'all of the story. We know what you want.
Speaker 10: The story is just simple for me. Don't look for nothing in anybody you don't have in yourself. And everybody got to stop looking at finances. That's the reason to be with somebody. So at the end of the day, finances ain't gonna keep you all together. Love is gonna keep you all together, you know, because you gotta grow old with this person. You gotta actually like this person. You know what I'm saying. If y'all don't have that, I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 21: He also needs a four oh one k Jesus.
Speaker 1: All right, well, sure, nice person, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 21: There's plenty of rich men that will treat y'all terribly. How we're gonna grow old together? If you can't afford to grow old together?
Speaker 1: Damn making what I'm talking about right now? I just know. Tell me why rich man would want to broke woman? Nobody can ever rich?
Speaker 10: Okay, Why would a financially stable person want a woman who's not financially stable? Why would a financially stable man want a woman who's not financially stable?
Speaker 24: I can't.
Speaker 1: I agree with you.
Speaker 8: You know, they like the church, but that's also their ego to that's a girl.
Speaker 4: A lot of times, a lot of guys want to. I know a lot of guys that want to be able to make more than the woman for their ego standpoint, not necessarily like.
Speaker 5: And I would tell you that's not the type of man y'all should be doing. All right, well, I will tell you, I would tell you run from that type of guy. It's the breakfast leg of morning.
Speaker 1: The breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Everybody, Charlamagne's god, we are the breakfast club. We have Laura La Rose to hear our special guest host, and we got a special guest with us today.
Speaker 1: We had a topic talking about some statements that she said, Ladies and gentlemen Williams, don't nobody stir it up, like what's up envy, what's up? Charge more NB.
Speaker 14: I was going to be very very pissed and disappointed if you weren't stucking in. So why well, because I didn't know if I'd ever be back up here to.
Speaker 1: Be candid why it was? It was it was tight last Yeah, but God is good.
Speaker 2: I came with my God le on, God Leon.
Speaker 1: We're good. It's really God is good. I would say this.
Speaker 3: You know, every time we have a conversation, we're always not going to agree, but you're always invited up here regardless. I mean, we're not gonna agree on everything, but the best thing about it is just having a conversation. So never think that you can't come up here for something. You say, No, that's what these conversations and these platforms are about.
Speaker 2: I'm half playing, but it's a good point and it's it's worth saying out loud.
Speaker 1: So I appreciate that, and I love you, sister. I don't. I don't want you to think I don't love you. I love you for real, like I appreciate everything that you do.
Speaker 14: And it's just like anything else. You go hardest in the pain with your family, So in the paint and in the paint that's on your face.
Speaker 20: And shut up.
Speaker 8: I'm happy here.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 8: I would love to have a conversation with you about the video.
Speaker 10: Now, what's the topic of conversation. I feel like this is a conversation that men shouldn't even be involved in. What is the gist of the conversation.
Speaker 14: It's not for you, Charlamagne. So I'm glad that you said that this is a conversation for ladies. And I texted my good friend Charlemagne. I said, it's a friend of the show. I heard the conversation yesterday. I appreciated the critique and the constructive nature of it, and I said, you know, since I'm down the street on the train, let me pull up and I want to hear from you, Lauren about what you agree with and what you disagree with and have a lady's conversation.
Speaker 1: About let's do it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So I think for me, I'll start with the what I disagree with.
Speaker 3: Let's go come first for people that don't know you want to you want to play the clip of of what went viral.
Speaker 8: So people understand that clip to bring everybody up this red.
Speaker 1: You got the clip, Let's play the clip, right. The reality is.
Speaker 14: That our marriage and partnership market value is depreciating with every passing year. No matter how good we look, no matter how fit we are, men are still seeing primarily our presumed dwindling fertility.
Speaker 2: As a knock against us. So here's my advice.
Speaker 14: If you are a young Black woman in college and you know in your heart and in your head that you want to prioritize family, I suggest that you simultaneously pursue that mrs degree right along with that BA or JD. Because a handful of black college age men that actually do desire to get married soon, and they do share that value system and family is a priority for them too.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 14: That is an incredibly small pool, and it's shrinking as you get older, and by the time you reach my age forty, you will be faced with different choices relating to life, partnership, and motherhood.
Speaker 4: So I think, all right, So breaking it down into what I agree and what I disagree with. So the disagreeing for me came with the starting with the infertility and the the market value they're appreciating. So with the infertility, I know, I said this yesterday. Some stuff is science, right, you can't get around that. But I feel like when you start with that and you lead with that, it then makes people get defensive and they don't even hear the rest of it. I know, when I first listened to it, I was like, oh God, this is going to be another one of those conversations where like someone's telling me, as a woman, by the time you get this age, your life is over. And you know when you're when you're like trying to figure things out and you're like, I'm thirty one years old, right, Like I'm recently out of a very long relationship.
Speaker 8: You want to feel not.
Speaker 2: Charlamade Jesus, but I feel there's life after go ahead.
Speaker 8: But that's my point.
Speaker 4: It's like for me, I made a very conscious decision with a lot of things in my life going to college, being in the relationship that I was in, not being in that relationship. Even with my like recent you know, back and forth to East coast, West coast, like I've always had to be very conscious and cognizant of the fact that, like you know, as a woman, as a black woman, right, especially working in the space that I work in, I might not get that that other chance, Like I gotta do it right the first time. And I think talking about professionally, professionally and personally, okay, and only because that's.
Speaker 1: What are your personal goals? Just so we're clear. Do you want marriage?
Speaker 8: I want marriage?
Speaker 10: I want you.
Speaker 1: Yes, family foundation, I want all of that.
Speaker 4: I don't even have a number of kids. Once we start, we start just yeah, but yes, I'm going to be an amazing mom. But I just feel like when you lead with the stuff that you lead with, it instantly turns the conversation negative, and for someone like me who is watching and learning and listening to you, it makes it where now I am defensive.
Speaker 8: I don't want to watch, listen and learn.
Speaker 4: I don't hear the rest of what you're saying, So now I'm not being taught, and I should feel like I can listen to you and learn from you and not feel like you're the op right, And that's how it starts off when you instantly are telling me everything negative about what I already am facing every single day, and I think that that's a big part of it too. It's like when you put certain troops in front of people, it hurts, people don't want to hear it. But beyond that, like you can't get around the infertility. The second thing was the market value, right. I don't agree.
Speaker 17: Right.
Speaker 4: I don't know where you were at thirty one, But for me, I feel like I'm just now getting to the space where like the people that I'm able to or not even able to, but the people that I'm dating, the life experiences that I'm experiencing that are teaching me what I want, what I don't want. I'm right now in the best space that I've ever been in. And that wasn't me in college. I didn't know what I wanted in college. I didn't know who I was. In college, I seen nothing, haven't done anything. I also, I didn't agree with that.
Speaker 14: But yeah, asist because you put two big ones out and let's break them down before we get ahead of ourselves. Okay, so you're thirty one years old, a college educated woman enjoying a very successful career in a high profile space.
Speaker 1: I'm going to put my hands together for all of that.
Speaker 14: Now, when I say market value depreciating, Lauren, did you hear what I said before that? Did you hear the specificity of the particular marketplace I'm speaking about?
Speaker 8: No, which was that?
Speaker 14: Okay, So I want to just go back actually to your first point, Laurd, which I think you are conceding that you had a reaction to my commentary that it's so visceral in nature that you actually shut down your listening comprehension skills.
Speaker 2: He said that.
Speaker 14: So because of that, though, right, I'm not gonna sit in a posture of ownership because you made a choice to be limited in the way in which you received and process the information.
Speaker 2: Now, you are grown women, and you have a time in.
Speaker 1: Me over what you choose to consume and what you choose to not consume.
Speaker 14: So, when I was giving the advice the strategy the game putting, you know, certain people up on some game, I'm talking to a very limited pool of young black ladies, the ones that are currently in school or immediately following school or graduate school. And then the other caveat, I'll say, the other place this information is in real time relevant to are the mothers or even the fathers of those young women.
Speaker 1: That's who this is for.
Speaker 2: So you, this is actually not even applicable to you, Lauren, So no, no, let.
Speaker 4: Me finish, nor I have to finish because no, wait wait, I just want to wait before you finish your thoughts. I just want to, like, let's rewind a little bit, because I also think to the reason why people also because not just me or the people, because even the people it's meant for, I'm sure some of them did the same exact thing as.
Speaker 2: Well as not right and some did not because I did not right, because you read all the comments.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah I did.
Speaker 4: But I think what happens is with you and I saying this in the most respectful way. I think that the way that you approach things like even this conversation right now, it can make it does that it dilutes the whole point of like you for you talking to me specifically, I agree with certain parts of it, but I think that the my whole point of what I'm saying right because right now I feel like you're taking what I didn't agree with and the fact that I don't remember specific words or whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm not Lauren.
Speaker 14: Really, I really think this would be better served and more productive if just like I, it's kind of like an opening statement in a court of law. I gave you a good amount of time to lay out two prongs of disagreement, and I respect and appreciate both of your positions. I'm not saying they are wrong, Okay, and be messy. I'm not saying they're wrong at all, But I am saying that I don't know how productive it is to be the time manner and delivery police.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 14: So when we talk about and also the nature of this work that we all do in this space of media and journalists, whatever we want to call it, right, it's very subjective in nature. So for everybody Lauren that takes your position, which is very valid, it was visceral to me.
Speaker 2: I found it triggering. It felt hurtful. I felt attacked, I felt policed, I felt hurt it.
Speaker 14: On whatever it is, there's also a whole nother contingency of black women that felt seen by that commentary that fell heard.
Speaker 2: I had sores coming up to me.
Speaker 14: We had a fundraiser shout out to the pi Kappa Maga chapter of Alphakappa offic already incorporated SKI. We had a fundraiser that very night that that commentary dropped and I had sores coming up to me, who are more in my age group, right, Because that's the first thing we need to acknowledge. Lauren and I are not the same age. There's a good ten years between me and this lovely young lady. So I'm speaking from a purview of experience that looks a bit different, not vastly so, but a bit different. I agree, And my peers who are fortying up are like I wish someone would have told me. And the fact that you are doing the labor ebany, you are doing the service of letting young girls that are currently in position to put themselves in best practices because they are currently in school or graduate school or shortly thereafter matters. And it's good that somebody is rolling up their sleeves and doing the work and having the conversation publicly that quiet as kept many pockets of black elite culture are having with their children generationally every day. Many of my peers long when I went to UNC Chapel Hill, who were black just like me, and you, right, they were taught going into the a front end of freshman year, keep your eyes open, you know, get those grades get that degree, I expect you to go to medical school or law school or PhD. And also if you want the traditional model, and that's a big if. This is going to be the best time to be surrounded by the highest concentration of black men that are also pursuing the educational and fiscal model that you are and you desire.
Speaker 2: And it's really no more or less than that. I don't On the one second, guys.
Speaker 3: On the one second, ladies, we got to take a break, so we'll come back, and we also want to take some calls eight hundred and five five one, And if you're just join us, that's Laurena Roster. She's our special guest host today and Ebony Kay Williams is up here.
Speaker 1: And I think a very important when we come back, let's talk about what we agree with in this Yeah.
Speaker 4: I want to coret to that too, because I don't want you to feel like because what yeah, we're doing?
Speaker 3: Come back, all right, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning. Everybody is DJ NV Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. On this Friday, we have Laura la Rossa, our special guest host, and we have Ebny Kay Williams joining us this morning, and we're taking your calls as well. Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. Now we're discussing some comments that ebide K Williams made that went viral yesterday. So now right before we left, I cut both of you guys off so we can pay some bills and get some musical on. So I know, ebidy K Williams, you were talking.
Speaker 14: I was so I was acknowledging Lauren's right right to consume content that she enjoys and feels comfortable with and also reject that what she does that because her critique at this point, I understand is is a bit about my It's about my delivery as much as the substance of what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I think that the disagreement again comes in with how you say it, and we don't get that vulnerability right. So me sitting here with you right now is like, this is what I want to feel when I see the content. I might not always get that though, and maybe it's not like you said. It wasn't for me, it was for the girls that's still in college, right, But at the same time it's placed on my timeline. So I get it, and I feel it, and I stop and I listen either way, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Glad you do. Shout out to the team at the grille, go ahead, but you agree with you.
Speaker 8: But I was going to get to that.
Speaker 4: But what I did agree with was the fact, like when you started talking about a pool of men getting smaller, when it comes to those men who men who will be honest about what they want when it comes to the family a woman, they are actually worth the time, the energy. It's it's consistent, you're getting the same energy that you're putting out. It does get smaller as you get older. And like now that I'm out here in the dating world, I'm like, oh okay, and.
Speaker 14: Keep in mind you're only thirty thirty one, so it's like as you get to forty, the pole the pool has shrunk further, fifty even more so.
Speaker 8: And I've dated, I'm having a million from fifty, I'm having a menack.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm not even I got.
Speaker 1: I actually believe in the power of the tongue. So I believe.
Speaker 14: So you speak, so you you have and you will desire. I do want to speak to the fertility park because it's very important. It is as I sit here with y'all today, you know I'm literally onso fertility drugs. I am preparing for my embryo transfer in the next few weeks. Now, I am forty years old. Just turned forty a couple of weeks ago. Y'all know I've been very transparent about my motherhood journey. I'm doing it solo by choice. Our froze eggs at thirty four years old.
Speaker 1: I'm doing this.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to be a mom. I'm scared as hell.
Speaker 14: I know it's going to be the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, and yet I cannot wait to enter this mother era of my life. And Also, Lauren, I don't think this is how most black women want.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 2: I don't why solo by choice? Well, several reasons.
Speaker 14: Number one, I'm no longer willing to wait to activate my pursuit of motherhood. I'm no longer willing to wait. I've been married and divorced in my late twenties. I had also a long term relationship many years ago. I ended up engagement during the pandemic. I'm ready for my baby. I am ready to pour into someone other than me. Finally, it took me very long time to get here. But when she ready, she ready.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 14: Now, I don't think that most women, most black women, desire doing this journey alone.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 14: It's very important. And I know that you mentioned yesterday the egg freezing, so let's talk about that because I think that that is marketed, not just you, Lauren, I think in general, that is in a lot of these comments. Right, well, girl, just freeze your eggs and don't worry about the rest. That's some bulls, because I'm here to tell you because I'm living it.
Speaker 25: Right.
Speaker 1: I froze eggs at thirty four.
Speaker 14: I never thought in a million years I would need to use them, right because why, I was at a loving, committed relationship. These were my spare Have you frozen eggs at this point, dude?
Speaker 8: No, I thought about doing it last year. I thought about starting the process.
Speaker 14: Okay, So let me just and this is not investigative, this is I'm just trying to see something here. Do you know how many eggs on average a woman should have on ice on reserve frozen for a probability of one live birth.
Speaker 2: No, I don't about twenty.
Speaker 14: Then if I say, okay, how many egg retrievals are required to get about twenty eggs and a woman that's say thirty five and up, the answer is.
Speaker 2: At least two. What's the cost average of an egg retrieval?
Speaker 14: Amy probably knows this, but he knows it's between twelve and fifteen thousand dollars per retrieval cycle.
Speaker 1: Most assurances don't cover.
Speaker 14: Most insurances do not cover unless you're working at Google or Amazon. And by the way, you probably need to be married for them to cover it. Otherwise they consider it elective. They don't recognize it as infertility in the way that married couples that struggle to conceive half. So what I'm saying is the egg freezing route, the single motherhood by Choice route, the IVF route are amazing technological tools, Lauren, but they are wealthy women tools.
Speaker 2: Period. Let's be very clear. It's just more to it than just freezing it.
Speaker 8: I get you, I think with that part.
Speaker 4: For me, I was speaking from my own personal experience, and I think that like hearing you respond to it, I can understand your response to what I said, but I think maybe I should have been a little bit more clear because.
Speaker 2: For me, at that still freezing though you have the money.
Speaker 4: At that time when I was thinking about doing it, it was because the insurance that I was getting through my employer supported that to a certain extent where anything like, yes, it is expensive, but I would have been able to figure it out, so I would.
Speaker 14: Think you should still do it. I want that to I don't want that missed here. I'm still encouraging you to do I.
Speaker 4: Will say, I got a little bit, I got like garret out of it, a little bit only be cares out of God, don't do that. But but more so because of what like MV shared with me, what you talked about, like going through all.
Speaker 8: Of that and then it I'll go with you to not work right, I'll go with you.
Speaker 1: We can talk about I'm.
Speaker 14: Very serious, I really so. So I'm saying two things here, and this is important in this conversation, y'all. People have got I encourage people, I'll say, to hold space for more than one thing at one time.
Speaker 10: Now, I feel like whatever you just said now is very important. All Ebony is saying is this is an ideal and you don't want it.
Speaker 1: It's not. It's not you don't want folks to have to necessarily go through this for me.
Speaker 14: Let me just reiterate that, because that's very important because this is this is these these stakes are very high, Lauren. I'm fifty thousand dollars into IVF Journey by myself, so I don't have a husband splitting that with me, which I which there's reasons why that's preferable for me.
Speaker 1: But I really need people to hear that.
Speaker 14: And I'm taking shots and I'm giving them to myself, and I'm doing all this to bring life into this world.
Speaker 2: And I don't take it lightly because it's a very serious thing.
Speaker 14: So I think when we were very cavalier, not not just you, right, but in general with O just IVF for oh, just marry outside the race obviously been there, done that too.
Speaker 2: That that well, I heard some snow no king commentary.
Speaker 1: Hold on, guys, Hold guys. We got to take some calls. We got to take some calls. We got to take some calls eight hundred because this one five you watch if you listen. Okay, let's go. We gotta take some calls when we come back. And I just want to say this. I just want to say this.
Speaker 3: Most people don't know what what Ebany's going through right now with the with the viture the fertility. No, because because most people haven't been through it, and the fact.
Speaker 2: That the people that listen to the whole the court, they every day.
Speaker 1: But the fact that she has to do it by herself, it's a lot.
Speaker 3: Like she has to put them shots in her stomach and and and all that by herself, thank you. Most people don't know it, Like I can't even imagine if my wife had to do it by herself, or a woman having to do it by herself and goes through those doctors appointments.
Speaker 2: So it is a lot room by yourself.
Speaker 23: It's a lot.
Speaker 8: I can't imagine that.
Speaker 1: Transform who talks will take some calls when we come back.
Speaker 4: I got to talk about this stuff that we agreed with too, because a lot of people agree with somethings that you said.
Speaker 2: The callers probably get to some of it, but but.
Speaker 1: You cain't got all that much time.
Speaker 14: Guys.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred five five one five one, let's go. It's breakfast. Let morning, everybody.
Speaker 3: It's dj n B charlamagneaud We are the Breakfast Club. Our special guest host Laura La Rosa is here and Ebony K. Williams is still here. We're having a growing up discussion this morning, and we're opening up the phone line. The're gonna let h you guys out there get a chance to chop it up with Ebony K.
Speaker 1: Williams.
Speaker 3: All right, eight hundred five a five one oh five to one, and we just want to say, it's a respectful conversation.
Speaker 1: So as soon as the disrespect happens, we're banging on that right much. Right now. Okay, let rovigate has happened. We're on to something else. Now you stop at Charlemagne. Hello, who's this? Hey Alicia? Good morning?
Speaker 11: Hey, how are you good?
Speaker 1: Good? Good? Ebony K. Williams to say, hey, you gotta you got a question comment?
Speaker 11: Oh well, I just kind of wanted to agree with her. First of all, she stated that if this is what you want, and you're like, this is what I suggest, So she was not pushing.
Speaker 18: That on anyone.
Speaker 11: But if we're there on it, that's when our counterparts teach their girls so go to college and find a husband. The education is almost sicking thear to especially white thither women's So I don't see a problem with this.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 2: Thank you, sister, That absolutely is true.
Speaker 14: So you know I went to UNC Chapel Hill, a very predominantly white institution in the South, as the good sister just mentioned, and that ring before Spring is serious for them what they're looking to do, because our counterparts tend to view marriage primarily through a lens of economic stability. Let's be clear, and historically we know that is the nature of marriage, correct, It's a transaction of sorts. And I know, once again, you know, the tears are going to roll when I say that out loud for some because because they they are not willing to really stand in the reality of the tenets of marriage in America today. Mortgage right, So that's that's the reality, and our counterparts do it all the time. The difference is they are not shamed when they do it. I think that when you see black girls and black young women going and making the space for marriage as as much of a priority as education, it flies in the face of a generation that told me and mine.
Speaker 1: Go to school, stay focused, don't get pregnant.
Speaker 14: Boys are a distraction, right, They're gonna throw you off your game. Get your education, get your money, get your house, get your power, figure out who you are stand in it and then go partner and get married and live happily ever after the challenge with that, because that's the model I took. I'm proud to have taken it. I had a little default starting marriage that was not for me, so I divorced him. Not a problem, great guy.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 14: Here's the thing is most black women do want the traditional marital nuclear family model. And when you get to a certain level of income, as black women, a certain level of power. It's a certain level of being able to travel the world on your own dime and be in the sky lounge without some dusty sun swipe. That's okay, the shrinking happens. And also tell you what else you move, differences you move. You think your swag is on a thousand today and it's very high and I love seeing it. Wait till you wait till you're over that million dollar a year mark of income. Wait till it's like, wait till you own your your one point seven million dollar property in your own name and only your name is on the.
Speaker 1: Deed based on a true story.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm just saying you.
Speaker 14: Nobody's gonna be able to tell you unless they're coming all the way correct, period, And that's going to make that pool rather even smaller.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, yeah, yes, who's this Sophia. Hey Sophia, what's your question for Abany King Williams?
Speaker 26: Not question? Well, I guess a question. I have a few things, like how were you raised? I was saying, I've seen that you were forty I'm forty eight. I'm a black woman raised with black women. We were not raised to go look for a man. We weren't raised to just go look for a ring. Oh my god, I just have to have a man. We were raised to respect ourselves, to love God, and if God saw fit for us to be married, our husband would find us. Like it's like you put your failures on how that You seem like you failed because you didn't get a ring in college, but you putting it off on other women, especially black women. I don't know any other race, But that's not how I was raised.
Speaker 1: Okay, let any response? Oh yeah, good morning.
Speaker 14: It says so listen, I was raised by god fearing, incredible black woman named Gloria who raised me to go to school, go to more school, get the bag, and stand in my truth and power. So that's the first answer to your question. As for failure, I don't have any in the space, Dear, I actually was married. I had a beautiful cushion cut diamond on my finger until I decided to give it back because I no longer wanted to be married. So I don't have failure in the space. The only reason I'm not married is because I divorced my husband. Now, as to putting this on black women, I'm doing no such thing. What I know for fact, because I have sorority sisters, I have good friends. I have a strong global sisterhood of black women who tell me. Some of them tell me that despite their success, despite their careers, and despite their money, they in their car to hearts still desire marriage. It is something that they want. And I think we got to get rid of shaming black women for wanting what they want. For the black women that that is already a desire of their heart to be married in a timely fashion. That's who this advice is for. If you don't want that, I want nothing but what you want for yourself.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people take the stance that she took because you literally like a lot of people don't know certain things right, they don't listen.
Speaker 8: But I also think that say they.
Speaker 2: Part one more time. They don't know certain things that they don't listen.
Speaker 4: But another important point is I think a lot of people take you just as a personality and all that you have going on as like you look and speak down on people. And I think with black women's instantly triggering because we've had that happen so much, right, And that's why that happens where she's like, well, how were you raised? Like even the way that she came into that call was like you think that you're better or do you think that you're doing something that other people have not done?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 8: And I think that happens a lot with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a projection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm forty right, So none of that's new, Lauren. Just so you know, like when you walk through.
Speaker 14: The world carrying yourself the way I do, having my esthetic projections and presumptions about who I am and what my values are come with the territory.
Speaker 1: But that's also why I do the work I do. I got one hundred episodes of Holding Core.
Speaker 14: People can watch I'm on every day here locally in New York Channel fifty five eleven thirty AM Equal Justice with Judge Ebanie Yes, I'm judging you.
Speaker 1: And several other things. I got two books out of Ben. I'm like what you said, Anny, I saw equal justice in Vegas?
Speaker 14: You saw yeah, yes, naturally syndicated. I'm in eighty five percent of American home, so there's lots of content to consume.
Speaker 1: Well, let's go to another call up. Hello, who's saying Hi?
Speaker 10: My name is.
Speaker 1: Hey, Tish. What's your question for Abney King Williams.
Speaker 11: It's not really good question.
Speaker 9: I'm just saying, well, first of all, good morning and everybody. I just want to say that I am team Ebony and I don't see anything that she's saying is wrong. She blessed her uh platform, everyone who follows her know God. As an old woman, I'm just giving you advice. I've been there, I've been through college, and this is my feelings based on my experiences, and I just feel like she should be respected for it.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, thank you for calling Mama. Appreciate it, Sis than you have it for day. Let's put a button on this man because I strapped this up.
Speaker 2: I appreciate listen. I appreciate the platform. I appreciate the conversation.
Speaker 1: Lauren.
Speaker 14: I think that as black women in particular, we got to hold the space to have the difficult conversation.
Speaker 1: All right, well we appreciate you join us and Holding Court podcast. We're back with season three. Soons.
Speaker 8: Did I keep the same energy?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, was shrunk a little bit? Ask you?
Speaker 2: I don't know why I asked you.
Speaker 1: You watch Equal Justice too?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you, ladies. It's the Breakfast leg hilarious, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: Good news.
Speaker 10: If you're hiring, you've got help zip recruiter. Zip recruiter works for you to find great candidates fast. It's smart technology identifies qualified candidates for you and you can invite your top choices to apply.
Speaker 1: Try it for free at ZipRecruiter dot com.
Speaker 10: Slash Breakfast Donkey, Damn he hogged.
Speaker 1: It's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 15: I me ain't trying to beat donkey today no more.
Speaker 1: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days called Donkey of the Day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 2: Damn Charlamagne, who got the Donkey of the.
Speaker 1: Day today, Well that's hilarious.
Speaker 10: Donkey of to day, for which was a double donkey, it goes to thirty eighth year old Chief Chastain and the Clovis Police Department. It comes a point in time in life where we all must remember it takes to you. Okay, to you, all right, kids, gather around your uncle Sharlah would like to tell you about some things that have been going on since the nineteen hundred.
Speaker 1: Okay. One of those things is the saying it takes to you. Okay, are it takes to you to tango?
Speaker 10: That means that a situational argument involves two people and they are both therefore responsible for it.
Speaker 1: I repeat, It takes to you to tango means that a situational argument involves two people and they are both therefore responsible for it. It takes two.
Speaker 10: There's also a classic hip hop record that will make anyone with a soul who grew up in the nineteen hundreds and eighties lose their mind.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 10: The reason I'm giving you this history lesson to day is because in this donkey that I'm delivering, it absolutely took to you, all right. See, Keith was arrested ten times in one month. I repeat, Keith Chastain was arrested ten times in one month. See y'all think I'd be lying, Let's go to Fox twenty six News for the report.
Speaker 1: Place.
Speaker 25: Local law enforcement agencies say they are very familiar with thirty eight year old Keith Chastain, who has been booked in Fresnoe County Jail not once, not twice, but ten times in the last thirty one days. Chastain is from Fresno and is currently facing eighteen felonies and fifteen misdemeanors from his recent arrests. According to Clovis Police Department. His charges include stealing six vehicles, a dui, vandalism, fraud, possession of controlled substance, and more. Clovis Police Department alone says it has arrested Chastain six times in the last month. Around nine thirty Tuesday morning, Clovis Police received a call about a stolen truck that Chastain was suspected of driving. Police sayan officer found the stolen truck driving in Old Town Clovis and followed it until more officers arrived. Officers pulled Chastain over in front of Clovis Police Department and arrested him without incident. Police say he was the only person in the stolen truck and happened to be on his way to pick up his personal property from Clovis Police Department from the last time he was arrested, he was in a stolen vehicle.
Speaker 1: Now, as you just.
Speaker 10: Heard, Keith chas Dain was arrested ten times by Clovis Police six times, okay, six times by Clovers Police, and four times by other agencies. He was in a stolen vehicle on the way to pick up his items from the jail.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 10: Now, if he had gotten locked up by different agencies once or twice, I would understand. But if you get locked up by the same agency, the Clovise Police Department six times, six times, at what point does it become the police department's fault as well for constantly letting you out?
Speaker 1: At what point does it become a judge's fault for constantly grant you bail.
Speaker 10: He's facing eighteen felonies and fifteen misdemeanors, with charges including stealing six vehicles, dui vandelism, fraud, possession of a controlled substance, and a whole lot more. At some point, maybe after arrest number three, possibly after arrest number five, gurely, at arrest number six, someone at the Clovis Police Department has to say, no need to let this man out because he's just gonna come right back.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 10: If the Clovis Police Department had a customer loyalty program like Starbucks or Subway or so far, this man Keith would get his tenth arrest for free.
Speaker 1: Okay, hit the rest of nine times, get your temh for rest for free. Clearly, this man has a boyfriend behind those walls. Either that or he likes the food. Okay.
Speaker 10: When someone shows you who they are, believe them. And this man Keith has shown us he's a serial criminal. Okay, so give him what he wants, and what he wants is clearly zero bond, ten arrest in thirty one days. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So yes, Keith is insane because he keeps committing crimes in the same crimes and getting locked up, And the Clovis Police Department is insane because they keep locking Keith up for these crimes, the same crimes and letting him out. They both are to blame. So please give Keith Chastain a heat and give the Clovis Police Department a hall together. Because it takes two to give them the biggest he ha.
Speaker 1: This man wrote his name in jail. Ya, that's why he said it.
Speaker 10: Don't write you name. They don't write your name on the walls in jail. You keep coming back to that jail, Jesus.
Speaker 1: The breakfast club. It's six three six four six four six five. Now, Swiss is this your son that played soccer and then stopped?
Speaker 15: It's not all right, that's my little brother.
Speaker 1: Everybody in the house is your little something man.
Speaker 15: That's a fact.
Speaker 1: Now, as we approach the holidays, what is this time of year?
Speaker 15: Me and the youth swiss Man?
Speaker 20: Holiday times is definitely family times, Definitely time to, you know, see how other people are doing, because I know iticed like during the holiday times, I see a lot of pressure come on people with what they can do and what they can't do, and I just want to, you know, I just want people to find their balance.
Speaker 15: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: What do you find a time for a lot of stuff that you're doing because you're producing, you do versus you're.
Speaker 1: Traveling, you have kids.
Speaker 3: What do you find the time to continue to create and do all these amazing things.
Speaker 20: Everything I do is under the umbrother of creativity, So like I make the time and I need to stay busy, you know, like that's the kids like to stay busy, because I don't feel I started yet. To be honest, I feel like I'm just now starting. Although I've done a lot of things. I feel like I'm just now starting because I actually know what I'm doing now.
Speaker 15: Oh, explain that.
Speaker 1: Expand on that you know what you're doing now?
Speaker 20: Yeah, because when I started, I was you know, I'm a teenager and things was happening and moving so fast, so you don't really know what you're doing at that age.
Speaker 15: You're just having fun. I still have fun.
Speaker 20: But now that that's past, you got time to say, Okay, let me change different things, let me set different goals. I went back to school to you know, the three years to know what I'm actually doing instead of just doing with people are telling me that I'm doing or believing what somebody's telling me I'm doing it, instead of really knowing what I'm doing.
Speaker 15: It's a big difference.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite holiday memory? Is it New York and the Bronx?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 23: Now?
Speaker 1: What's what's your favorite holiday memory?
Speaker 20: It's all of them? Technically, like we we have fun as a family. We have a big family.
Speaker 15: We have fun. We tell jokes, you know, we play pranks.
Speaker 17: Play a lot of games. You know, we're very competitive with the ping pong, you know, Monopoly.
Speaker 1: Who wins a monopoly all the time?
Speaker 3: Monopoly will start an argument in my house at the last three days in my crib, same who wins.
Speaker 17: Yeah, uh, at least is very good, very strategic. Egypt. Egypt's very Egypt. He's like, he's like the monopoly man. He's like Daddy war Bucks, like he's a he loves.
Speaker 15: Money, loves guy.
Speaker 1: He gives it Mom.
Speaker 20: And Dad was just counting the paper like he's addicted to money. I'm telling like serious, he and.
Speaker 10: Do you have any what's your expectations for the holidays? Because you know, you you your dad's been doing very well for a very long time. So do you do you even have any wants?
Speaker 15: I just want I want everyone to tune in to drive.
Speaker 17: But we just made it okay, then I want I want everyone to just really cherish this time with their family, Like that's what I want.
Speaker 15: I don't really have a lot of physical needs this year. I have spiritual needs.
Speaker 17: I have family needs, and I want people to really just just cherish this time with their loved ones right now, because the state that the world is in right now is just.
Speaker 15: Really we need that. That's real.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the show Drive, right that Drive is a call show that comes out. Most people don't know that anytime before I purchase a car, of course, Swizz, and then when I get the car, I FaceTime Squizz. So if a FaceTime ever comes up, Swizz be in the bed sleeping and he wake up.
Speaker 1: What did you get?
Speaker 20: Now?
Speaker 1: What did you get?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: We're so excited for cars, So let's talk about Drive and what made you want to do the show Drive?
Speaker 20: Well, in Terribo, I pay six thousand for it at the time, and ever since then I've just been into cars and collecting and ended up doing car shows. So when this opportunity to community family, father and son, you know, you don't really get to see father and son bonds from from our community, that's positive.
Speaker 15: So I thought that that was a plus.
Speaker 20: And we wanted to educate people and not just show blame cars, not just putting million dollar cars up, but really showing the everyday person how they make magic as well, you know, and which I think is phenomenal.
Speaker 1: I like working with each other.
Speaker 17: Oh, my little brother, we have so much fun, Like it's not even funny, Like we don't really have we have perfect synthesis.
Speaker 15: We don't. We don't have to work with each other very very well.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask you know what, you guys went to different markets, so you see in the car culture in New York, you know, the call coach in Houston, in California?
Speaker 27: What was your favorite car culture and why I love Japan. Japan is definitely one of my favorite episodes because the architecture, the culture there, they're like five hundred years ahead of us, right, so every single every single thing that they do there, they're so masterful with it. So when we want to go see the drifting and we want to actually go drift with the Tokyo drifters of the Drift Champion, we just saw how crazy like skillful they were for us to put our lives in their hands and for them to actually, you know, be able to handle that, You know they were good.
Speaker 1: When you say five hundred years into the future, Like what do you mean.
Speaker 17: Like you know, America is a young confident like Asia is five is way older and culturally and.
Speaker 10: I'm talking about the technology that's historically Oh no, no, we're not flying.
Speaker 17: But but and in terms of them being masterful every single thing they do, whether it's making a drink, cutting designing, doing anime, comic book sketches, architecture, painting clothes. We go there for inspiration. So being over there to go into the depth of their culture was like that was definitely one of my favorite episodes.
Speaker 15: And you'll see why.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, Saluthor Swiss Beats in his Son Nazia. And when we come back, we got more with Swiss beats and our moves to breakfast O good morning, and everybody's J and D Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 1: We are the breakfast Club. Now last week we got a chance to chop it up with Swiss Beats in His Son Nazia, oh man. And it was so good because it was for our annual Change for Change.
Speaker 10: I got as Luca Amazon all throughout our Change for Change because they were taking care of people's holiday wishless as well as a nice event we did here last week where they gave everybody who came to the event a thousand dollars. So thank you to Amazon.
Speaker 1: All right, let's jump into our interview with Swiss Beats in the Sun, Naicia.
Speaker 10: Who's your favorite road trip partner Swiss Nazia or DMX because we always hear about the stories and you were next in the car.
Speaker 1: That's legendary.
Speaker 15: That's a hard one.
Speaker 1: I got this.
Speaker 20: I love you, but I gotta say X too, for a lot, for a lot of for a lot of other reasons. You know, X was X was very animated. Na's is laid back. He get animated when he went to but I would get to hear stories from from X that I never heard before when we're in the car, Like the last car ride we drove. I went to go visit him in like upstate New York, and he wanted to go see Scarface in Boston. And he's like, Yo, you know you know scar Faces in Boston tonight. He said, Okay, shout up to Scarface. You know, I just drove like two hours to go where he was at in the first place. And this one, I had the seven twenty mcclan so's a sports car and I used to always bring the cars up so extra drive them around when I when I visit him, and he's like hinting again, I want to go see Scarface.
Speaker 15: I'm like, you want to go? You want me to take you to see Scarface.
Speaker 20: I just drove two hours and he never really asked me for things like that, so I can tell that it was something that he really.
Speaker 15: Wanted to do.
Speaker 20: So we get in there, get in the car. We go five hours to see Scarface, and.
Speaker 3: The whole five I was in a little ass card. It wasn't escalate. It's a little call like his arm and their arms were touching.
Speaker 20: The whole rock my ass still heard from that drive. And so we're driving and he's playing old school music, old school music, and then he stops the music and he asked me to record him, which he never does, and he just like gave me his life story, like.
Speaker 15: Like I never heard it before.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 15: And that was our last drive, but it was it was epic.
Speaker 20: Wow.
Speaker 1: You still have you? Of course? You have?
Speaker 15: Absolutely?
Speaker 20: Yes, yes, Wow and uh And we went on stage and he rocked with Scarface, Wow all night.
Speaker 3: Is it time for a DMX documentary, a true DMX.
Speaker 20: Movie, It's always time to witness greatness, But I feel that it just has to be me personally. I just wanted to be shot and directed like to the standard of what he gave us. He gave us timeless moments, he gave us, you know, his his life literally and so I feel that, you know, a lot of people have been pitching, uh documentaries and movies, but they don't you know, it needs to have the right care. And I wanted to be the biggest thing.
Speaker 15: In the world for him.
Speaker 10: Now, did you learn anything about your dad that you didn't know? No, after working on this series, taking these long road trips.
Speaker 17: A thousand percent, I learned that he he doesn't go as fast as you think. He would happen to look fast, very fast cars like he actually is pretty reserved now. And uh, he just he really picks what he wants to do. He picks how fast he wants to go, He picks if he wants to get in the monster truck, he picks if he wants to go drifting like he has that Uh, that situational discernment.
Speaker 15: Now, I feel like that's pretty much discernment. I liked that.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask you, with all the artists that your dad worked with, who did you enjoy listening to and talking to the most?
Speaker 17: I have too, because I haven't really, I haven't sat down with the first one. I'm about to tell you, like on a personal personal note, but Lil Wayne is definitely one of my favorite artists ever and not my dad has collab with as well.
Speaker 1: Hurrah for real.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I remember being a.
Speaker 17: Kid and like his energy just lit up the room and he he has such a great spirit I can feel and I remember that feeling till this day.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 1: You know you said for real now that this is your dad's pressure.
Speaker 3: Now, Bust a couple of probably about a month ago, said he's doing an album where Pharrell, Timberland and Swiss Beats are the EPs.
Speaker 1: How how does that happen?
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 20: Buster is somebody that don't back down easy. You can't tell him no. And he signed us up for his project and we just said, okay, let's do it. And he came, He's like, you know you tam for real, y'all my producers for the project. I'm like, okay, no, the executive producers okay. And then I don't know, like somehow we actually all got into a space which is a photo of us on this boat, and I'm sitting here, I'm like, yo, he really manifested this, Like we didn't even plan to be on that boat at that time.
Speaker 15: It's not like, Okay, let's have an executive producer boat ride. Like we just all ended up.
Speaker 20: Sitting there and I'm looking around like, okay, I heard the universe. Okay, I guess we're doing it.
Speaker 1: Is it done? Is it almost done?
Speaker 20: It's done and it needs to come out now, you know, because buster a hole onto the album for thirty Summer ever.
Speaker 1: Right, but this might be a stupid question.
Speaker 10: He's named after nods, right, yeah, okay, yeah, it's nods, like if God bothers.
Speaker 15: Just no, my mom's from Queen. His mother's love Nods. You know.
Speaker 20: I was kind of conflicted in a way, but yeah, man, but then I was like, I love nas too.
Speaker 3: I was salute the Swiss beats in his son Nasia, and when we come back, we got more with Swiss beats. It don't move us to breakfast Lug, good Morning, the breakfast club. So kicking it with Swiss beats in Nacia Charlaman.
Speaker 10: You know, everybody always ask about versus man, what's up with versus big things?
Speaker 15: Big things?
Speaker 20: You know, I'm happy that me and Tim was able to take the time to understand our company because when we launched it, it was during the pandemic things that is happening, Like we never got no rest, you know, like we was helping everybody else feel better and have something to go to other than the negative news and energy at that time. But we didn't take time for ourself and so things went fast and we owned the We own the company one hundred percent, which is super fresh, and we got some big announcements coming.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I wonder if it's something I mean, I know it's something artists still want to do. But you know, during the pandemic, it was more pure because it was just about the music. Now it's so much business and red tapesolve.
Speaker 20: Yeah, and naturally when something gets big like that, that happens. But you know versus and I tell people because I had people on the shows, and when you bring up verses, they're like, oh, I don't want to. And it's not a battle show. It's a show where two artists celebrating each other with their hits. Now, if you want to make it a battle, I'm not going to say, hey, don't talk tough to this guy. Right you you make it a battle, or you can make it a love fest, you know, like There's been many verses that it has been smooth and loving, but with the hip hop is just the ego.
Speaker 15: You know how it's competitive.
Speaker 1: Bro, you put the locks and Dipset on stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, and everybody, I think a lot of people or a dipset was.
Speaker 20: Going to take that one away. I know many people thought that the dip set was going to and then it was Jada. Yeah, you got the right hat on.
Speaker 1: What was the biggest verses for you as far as culture? Would that be the biggest?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 20: That and Gucci Man and Jez absolutely, yeah, those two because that's what verses do it. You know, it took two guys that really went to war to the point of no return, and Versus gave them an outlet to, you know, send a different message out there to the youth today because they're not who they.
Speaker 15: Was fifteen years ago.
Speaker 20: But there's no outlets that can let you as a man, as a you know, stand on how you feel and move past from it. And this is why you know, I couldn't if I stopped Versus today, I would be fine because we won already.
Speaker 15: Like it did what it needed to do, but it needs to.
Speaker 20: Do more because versus, the people's streams go up seven hundred percent. People sell out guitars. It's so we call it the versus effect. And the artists get so much from versus. And so all the artists out there who's listening to this, please stop trying to charge us more than you ever made on your show. You know, show us the love that you showed those other outlets that you don't get nothing from it, you know. And so that was the thing that was like the hardest thing was hearing the artists trying to overdo it for no reason.
Speaker 3: I got to ask because there there's been a lot of rumors about some verses that would well hopefully will still get done.
Speaker 1: You just say yes and no.
Speaker 15: I don't want to say yes and no.
Speaker 1: Didiot Jermaine dupri Is that gonna happen? He just said he don't want to see you. I know, but I'm asking anyway.
Speaker 20: But the reason see, because I'm not scared to answer the question. By the way, But what happens is this clip right here gets played back to me and it's like, yo, I didn't really want to confirm that yet, bye blah blah, and I have to deal with this offline and say, Yo, they asked me a question. Y'all went out there and did a promo run, and y'all went out there and said, y'all wanted to do it. All I did was confirm what I said. Okay, yeah, but that was a different time. But this is the Versus documentary has been. We've been shooting a documentary since the beginning the verses, so lean away is the directing. Y'all going to see all of this when I'm telling you, I take it.
Speaker 17: You can see Drive premiering on Hulu. Driver Swiss Beats tune all the way in. All six episodes will be dropping simultaneously, so you could binge watch the whole thing.
Speaker 1: This is absolutely but we appreciate you guys for joining us. Take some noise for Swiss Beats and not see it.
Speaker 15: I've never seen the audience like this is amazing.
Speaker 1: Nah. They do these nice little events from time to time. It's not little at.
Speaker 15: All, but I heard that doing some big things today. This is cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So this has a change for change when we give back to people, and what people did this time is they put a wish list of things that they needed for the holidays. And shout to Amazon. They provided their wish list for a lot of people. So like, even today, since you guys are here, I think we should do something special.
Speaker 15: Charlemagne, what you.
Speaker 1: Think, I'm all for it. Now for everybody that that's what we're here for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now for everybody who put in the wish list and came in and put your hands up one time and then you bought a person with you, right right, So for you guys today, we're gonna give everybody that signed up one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: That's right, Hold up where you signed up?
Speaker 15: Back? Where do we do that?
Speaker 1: But not only that, people that you came, well, we're gonna give a thousand dollars too, that's right. Hey, hey see, one of y'all didn't want to come. He one of y'all had to get begged to come here. Now, look, this is the big money show. This is the big money show. So we appreciate you guys for coming.
Speaker 3: We got a lot of cool stuff for you as well, and just say thank you guys for rocking with us and riding with us.
Speaker 1: And thank you to Amazon man, thank you for Amazon. We really appreciate you guys. We couldn't do none of this without Amazon. But thank you very much so, ladies and gentlemen, NA says Swiss Beats. We are the Breakfast Club. Once again.
Speaker 10: Thank you to Swiss Beach and NA saying salute the Amazon Man and that Black Business Initiative. The Black Business Initiative is dedicated to helping build sustainable growth for black owned businesses by explicitly targeting barriers to access opportunity and advancement. Visit to buy a Black Store on Amazon this holiday season for products from black owned businesses of all sizes, including small businesses.
Speaker 3: Al Right, will we come back? We got the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Are you someone who knows you don't have to sacrifice comfort for quality, Someone who lives large in life and in the bedroom, then live large and now thinner with new Magnum Raw condoms, the thinnest Magnum condom available where condoms are sold.
Speaker 1: Are you getting to the yam? Since Thanksgiving? Sweet, we got more coming up with the best of the Breakfast Club. The Breakfast Club