Speaker 1: On today's episode the Command Center Podcast, football is back, Baby.
Speaker 2: We're live a training camp.
Speaker 3: Look at the beautiful day out here.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: We got our first day report. We did well, a lot of a lot.
Speaker 1: Of things to talk about, techniques, defenses.
Speaker 4: And I'm bugging out by datam bugging out about Dat five.
Speaker 1: It's the young whipper snapper Light Tokong, talk about him in areas that he can improve. And then we rank our top tank quarterbacks and it's got Fred sweating. It all starts right now. Welcome to the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Fred Smooth Santanamos, and we are out at training camp.
Speaker 2: The elements in the elephants.
Speaker 1: We're fighting through it. Man, there's a little bugs out here, a little warm.
Speaker 2: No, actually, this is the coolest day we're gona get. It's true. It is true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So but you know, like I don't really I don't really care about it because we're at training camp.
Speaker 3: We're get to watch practice.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talking about that today, and you know how I didn't feel, Guys, just to be out here real quick, like first day kind of get the juices going a little.
Speaker 4: Bit, kind of you know what, I kind of had jeelters, like really had training camp.
Speaker 2: Like you know how you get anxious, like the two days before training camp? Do you get anxious still?
Speaker 4: I used to get anxious, and I think it wasn't about training camp. It was about the conditioning test. I just get anxious about the conditioning test because it was like a hump that you got to get over just you had a right to practice training camp.
Speaker 5: Do you feel that same way? I always had anxiety. I mean, you know the condition about the test. You might look at a guy like me and say, well, Tanner, you run for days, yes, but that test is like no other and no matter how much you train, no matter how hard you work, even on that little break we get before we came back, how many days I took out of having fun and just to make sure I'm ready for that test. I still was never ready until I got got it all you know, put you.
Speaker 2: Know, put behind me.
Speaker 5: But today I was excited that football has finally Yeah, I mean it's back. I think I've been watching other teams go out here and watching you know TV and seeing some of these other teams practices, but to finally see our guys out here on the field.
Speaker 2: Give me that notion. That is time and anxius yet to see. Can they pick up where they lift out last year?
Speaker 4: Like we ended on such a high last year, so to me, the standards have went to a whole other level now, like they showed us the floor last year, now even trying to show us the ceiling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're going to talk about that in more detail in a second. But I got some housekeeping got to take care of. Remember on the last show we talked about the People's Choice Podcast nominations.
Speaker 3: We are up for that again. Yeah, make sure you vote.
Speaker 1: There's a link in the description please do Podcast Awards dot com.
Speaker 3: Make sure you check that out.
Speaker 1: And we're not the only podcast up for stuff. Hail Tails is up for our best History podcast. Next man up, Brian Colbert is up for best host be saying get Loud is up for best Comedy.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 2: That means we make people smile and make them happy.
Speaker 1: I mean I guess so right, I mean that's what they're saying. So remember we talked about this last time. Also, Okay, take a screenshot of when you vote. Okay, send it to that hawk outside at gmail. Why because you can get prizes. Fifty winners will select Jasonal'll select them or Carolino select him, will get a sign foam football. Fifty winners nice, that's awesome. Then ten then there's like a ten like next level up like whether it's a signed shirt, sign big football. Ten of those people will get that, and then one winner will get an experience. Right the training camp came. Maybe watch a pregame show, come do a bake.
Speaker 4: Off like you will experience what it is to be a first hand commander. You got to experience some kind of thing that we're going to give you, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so again, make sure you so you got to take a picture of your voting and send it in you hope for all three.
Speaker 2: That's helpful.
Speaker 1: And if you want to increase your chances, use multiple emails. Yeah, just use you know your kids got email, use that one.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know they got their bad email, they got their history email, use that one.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right now.
Speaker 1: That's important, right, We obviously want to get you know that that podcast nomination. That's a big deal for us. But maybe the most important thing is if you've got to buy tickets, see right there, Yeah, use that QR code.
Speaker 2: Right there.
Speaker 1: There's a link in the description also right down over here there we go down over here. Make sure you use that link to buy your tickets. You're gonna buy them anyway. It helps us out if you buy it through the show, So make sure you do that. And then one more thing, stadium news.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: To keep up with all the latest RFK stadium news, visit Commanders dot com slash new Stadium where you can sign up to learn more and most importantly, show your.
Speaker 2: Support pes tag brain the boys home, bring them.
Speaker 1: Home, Bring them home, absolutely so stadium both for USCA tests.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and buy your tickets, Yeah, tickets. So let's get all those things taken care of.
Speaker 1: We really appreciate it, and that really helps us out if you do that through our link.
Speaker 2: Great way to get that house cleaning that Yeah, I get it out of the way.
Speaker 1: So now let's get back to the thing we all want to talk about, which is the training camp stuff. And Ten already started kind of started us off, and like how he felt coming out here, Fred, you said you were a little bit nervous. Tanny you said you were, Yeah, I mean you said before we kind of had to get side tracked with the housekeeping. You said you wanted to know what the new ceiling is. Yes, where do you think the new ceiling is for the team?
Speaker 4: Well, you're talking about a team that got four quarters away from the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Like the ceiling is the super Bowl. Like this is how they feel.
Speaker 4: They feel like we got a super Bowl a head coach, super Bowl ownership, super Bowl quarterback. They feel like we have a chance to be a legit threat. I think that's where the ceiling is right now. Like I think for anything besides getting to the back to the MC championship, and I know that's sitting the bar high, but I just think that's where this team met.
Speaker 2: Think about it.
Speaker 4: You went and refortified the offensive line, You went and refortified the defensive line. You got help on the outside with d bo seremonies. You win't got dB help with Trey Amis Will. Like you said, we're finna go for it now. And you know how it is when you get great quarterbacks on their rookie deal, that window is so big. And I think what they're doing right now is like the kids say they shooting, they shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you feel or I do.
Speaker 3: I think you're always a little bit more measured.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm you know, I'm never gonna be Fred. But I think he make a great point. I think they basically showed you this is this is what we expect of ourselves, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean. I mean when you go do what they did last year.
Speaker 5: Now we all know, you know, as as ball player especially, you know, being in those moments or them situations that we saw them in last year. It's never two years you can put together that's the same.
Speaker 2: It's never. It's never.
Speaker 5: It's never a year you can say, well, we're gonna look like this next year. People sitting here saying, well, you know, I don't think they're gonna be that good because six of those games they won was in the last second. And and then I sell those same folks, well, you're right, we're not gonna have to wait that long this time, and we'll go out there and maybe dominate the game a little differently. So I look at it like that, like this team has the potential to do whatever they want to do. I think when you saw what they did in this offseason, they were out there and got key players that we was weak at last year. And now not to say that that's gonna make a major or drastic change, but we're hoping to. So with that being said, this is where it all starts at. It's here in training camp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm really glad you brought that up, Tanne, because one of the things you said that I think is so important for fans to understand is no team back to back is the same team. And so the thing that got me excited coming in today to work was to kind of see the first steps. Obviously you got OTAs you get mini camp, but to see the first step of that journey happen today and see them kind of attack the fundamentals. Right, we're not thinking Super Bowl, We're thinking about foundational stuff. Yeah, we're thinking about like you know, we got to watch for the field pass segment for Command Center, we got to watch Ryan Kerrigan go through his run block progression, like how you get hands out first and you work to shed, then you work to pull through. And I think, like, that's the thing that's going to make this team good is if you can lock it on the little details, and again it starts today, like that gives you an opportunity to kind of to make this iteration of the team the one that goes to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: But I like the fact that we can see he in hand his conversation if we would try to I had this conversation two years ago. Nobody takes a serious like having this conversation. Now it's a very serious conversation. So they just tell you right now we're headed in the right direction regardless of Super Bowl and not no doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the other thing that I think we're all excited about is on Paper ten and you talked about this too, they've made some really key additions, and I think we'll start on the defensive side of the football. And you know on Instagram, Twitter, the comments of these shows, like everyone's asking like, how do you stop the run? And I think you see an awareness by Adam Peters in terms of the guys they brought in. You bring in Kinlog, bring in Runchdown, you're bringing Dietrich Wild, bring good defensive football players that our gaps sound. And I think that's got to be the start of it. But that's only the start, right for this.
Speaker 4: To start, because this first down, like what they say it now is we want to win first down, like we want to win first down, which is usually a rundown. We want to win it down, so we force you to pay it. Now, we go signce situations, pay as well. Is like Vonon Miller, and we got Frankie Louvu. Now we're gonna send the past rushers after you. I think what we seen, what we're seeing right now is is a validation of what the NFC Championship Game showed Adam Peters what this roster really was. Yeah, he said, I got to go get bigger, I got to go get stronger.
Speaker 2: I got to go get guys that have a select.
Speaker 4: Skill set so when we need them, they can be used and we can weaponize them.
Speaker 2: And we went got bigger. We win.
Speaker 4: Got bigger on the offensive line, we win't got bigger on the defensive line. We want to win first down on both sides of the football.
Speaker 5: So tell me something, how much bigger did we get on the defensive side of the ball. Because it's kind of odd for a person who played a skill set as a receiver to look at the guys that we had last year and say, well, we was pretty big.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how little were we last year compared to the guys we got this year.
Speaker 1: I don't even know if it's bigger. I mean like de trich Wise plays defensive end, he's three hundred pounds. He's three hundred pounds. And then Eddie Goldman is like a true nose, there's three and twenty pound. I think he's like three forty Like he's a bigger old.
Speaker 5: So basically it's about having the key guys for those key positions. Look, you just said a true nose. When you have a true nose, you want you want.
Speaker 2: A log deal. You want him to be unmovab.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you want a guy who could just put his damn anchor in the ground and say I won't move.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to double me to get me off the point.
Speaker 1: And I think you look at kid like the addition of ken Law too, like what that means in terms like he is a watching him every we saw him in OKAS.
Speaker 3: But dude, he is a huge.
Speaker 2: That can move.
Speaker 4: He's an eighteen wheeler, that's what he is. And versatile. He can play nose three. He can play d n if you need him too. So he's versatile. I think we did. We got bigger and stronger. When you bring Laraman thoss over, he becomes your anchor on the offensive. Tackle, you go get Connanly another three hundred pounds, you moving Coleman inside.
Speaker 2: We got bigger on both sides of the ball. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think the other thing too.
Speaker 1: I was talking to Flutch today about defense, you know, and like kind of some of the stuff that he saw last year in terms of what it was like to play a middle linebacker, and he's like, yeah, man, like getting guys in here that have the ability to sit a double team, the ability to make sure that the linebacker is cleaning the football. Yes, And when you look at the guy that's playing linebacker Forrest and Bobby Wagner and Frankie Louvo, like he needs it. You're not going to find a guy who's who's more consistent as a tackler. But he needs the front four guys to play good ball. And so I think that to Tanna's point, like you bring in a guy that they are bigger, yes, but they also know how to do that stuff.
Speaker 3: What I need, how are we going to take.
Speaker 1: On this tight end block or this this out block by the tackle? I need to set an edge right that forces the ball back to Deran, who's done a great job throughout his career of beating guards and holding this gap that forces the ball back one at a time to Bobby Bobby, and Bobby can't run sideline and sideline anymore. And he had to do a lot last year because guys aren't worth there and and.
Speaker 5: Did a great did a great job at it for being what thirteen to fourteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So we can make it easier for him, as what I'm saying, because you.
Speaker 4: Want to make sure he's tackling inside the hash. They get outside the hash didn't mean somebody's not doing a job.
Speaker 1: I think that's exactly right. So I think you got a bunch of guys, five guys, six guys in that defensive front that are gonna be like specialty run stoppers, you know. And so then I think that leads to the next point with the defense is like ton of fans say where's the pass rush coming from? And now you look at it and say, man, like, I think Dorin's Armstrong is pretty good pass rusher.
Speaker 4: Listen down the scratch last year and in the playoffs, especially when they moved him inside and I'm passing down. He showed you I can do this. And I think his slow start came from him having an injury. So I'm gonna show you I can go out here and be one on one. Do you bring in von Miller without saying he can go be one on one? Doron Payne, I think I'll get back to nail it. Juson Newton is the one when I say pass rush, especially from the interior, that I'm very excited to see this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's healthy and like Tanner, you talked about that, You've talked about that maybe I'm sure on the show at some point, but like the idea that he is coming off an injury, and like you came off an injury your first year and just how you didn't really have that opportunity to.
Speaker 3: Like get your self established.
Speaker 1: Because he's obviously like he was a borderline first round talent, and same honestly, same thing with Ken Law.
Speaker 3: He's been a little bit nicked up early in the spirit too.
Speaker 1: So now, like, can those guys be healthy, can they actualize their athleticism and potential? I think that's a huge if they can. Yeah, that's gonna be a big deal for the past run.
Speaker 5: I mean, we all been players and we take it for granted, how much and a true offseason could help you out as a player. I remember the year that in twenty ten, your first year, I was coming off of a knee surgery and I didn't practice with you guys into training camps, but I was in the pool the whole that whole time in the OTAs, and I remember training camp. When I finally got out there, I was a little butter ball that was two hundred plus pounds when I normally played at one ninety. And just that little bit of weight that I carried because I went out.
Speaker 2: There, I went out your whole game. It changed my game.
Speaker 5: Now to add to that, I went out there and still dominated that season, had another thousand yard year. But just imagine me without that weight, I probably would have had an extoring numbers, you know what I mean. So when you see these guys coming off of those seasons being productive but had to deal with something early, like a guy like Newton Man, especially being.
Speaker 2: A rookie and having to deal with that, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: So now having all that knowledge that he got from last season, saw how rigorous that game, I mean, the season was. To a young guy to come into this year knowing this off seasons is behind him, I can't wait to see him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think I think we're all super excited. I'm excited to see Ken Long. I'm excited to see Deron like in an expanded role. I mean, it's just an exciting opportunity. And I think one guy that Fred mentioned that I think it's going to be a lot of fun to talk about. And we did like a feature on him on our Live our Live Training Camp show is Von Miller. And one of the things that sticks out to me is like he's older, He's thirty six years old, but I mean he's still got some really.
Speaker 2: High level mo right.
Speaker 4: He last year he was timed with a one second one point three second get off one point four yah put like this. He ranked number one of all edge rushers on getoff time. Yeah, so in thirty six years old, his first step is still the fancies first step is a past rushing in the league right now.
Speaker 3: And people say, how is that possible?
Speaker 1: And I will say, like, when you watch him, and this is the thing I think that makes him special and I'm excited to see how his knowledge integrates with the room.
Speaker 3: Is like you know, obviously there's a get off for like a race like out of the blocks.
Speaker 1: And One of the things that sticks out to me about Vonn is he knows how to anticipate a snap count, yes, better than anybody.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So he might not have like the true horsepower anymore, but his knowledge, his ability to understand where the tackle's at is a big deal. Like just watching him move around in these drills, like how easy it is for him, you see, like why like why he was maybe the most dominant defensive player of his era. And I think about, like how you're going to use that here? Yeah, and it fits something that's such an acute need with.
Speaker 4: You got a specialist with a with a special set of skills, like my guy sees he has a special set of skills. And this is why it was so important to get big on first down. So it allows him to come in on third down and do what he does best and this.
Speaker 2: Rush to pass.
Speaker 5: And not only that, I mean if he's caught in one of those downs where they want to decide to say run the ball, this guy he's been there, done that, you know. I mean, he's played every down before to know that, Okay, I might not came pin in my ears back now I have to go out here and set his edge yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And again just watching him move around, like gosh, man, it's gonna be cool, especially if you can keep him on, Like I think about how well they handled Zach Eris to handle ditch count.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to handle Austin in terms of.
Speaker 1: Pitch count, like they know how to deal with that older player, Like if you can get the best version of him on third down, Like think about if he ends up with rushing every third down two minute in the game scenario, like it ends up with eight sacks, like that is a tremendous signing for this team.
Speaker 4: Oh no, if he go eight sex like this the one thing, it's sex by committee, Like that's the great thing about this will probably be the first time that he's been on a team that we don't need you to lead to the team even sex for us to.
Speaker 2: Win, Like we need you to be efficient and we need you to unlock everybody else.
Speaker 4: In the past, Ruts Meanie teams played Washington, they gonna say, we gotta stop Bun Miller on third down.
Speaker 2: Frankie Loofo coming from and if June New coming from the mill.
Speaker 1: And Frankie you know he he does specially drill bos security drill and then he comes right over with the pass rushers, so he's getting work in both spots and like it's cool to see them kind of. And then once the past work is done, he goes over and does off fall linebackers stuff.
Speaker 5: It's phenomenal just to see him on the field. Man, he he ignites the defense. To me, you know, we talked about the last year how he this was one of those I guess he was like, that's that spark plug for us energy talking about a locking a guy. If you can bring in somebody else to unlock him more, it's gonna be a long season for a lot of teams.
Speaker 4: I think von Miller does because Von is gonna receive the attention. And that's why I say we don't need vun to lead the team in sex for us to win Super Bowl, be a winning team.
Speaker 1: And you know, we were talking with Fletch today on the Command Center show and one of the things that stuck out to me is he was like, I'm not worried about the secondary.
Speaker 3: I'm worried about the pass rush.
Speaker 1: And for me it's the other way around because I look at and I say, like man, durrence Armstrong had like eight sacks last year seven sacks. I don't remember the exact number, but like he can rush the passer. You put him next to Vaughan that's gas. Then you got Deron Ken lodgers On on the interior, like you're gonna be able to rush the pastor what I say. And then one of the things about Frankie is I think he's a much better blitzer than he is an edge rusher, and now he can do that at a high level and say good luck to any running backers they got to block him. So to me, I'm like, man, if that all comes together the way it sounds like it will on paper, that's gonna be special. I think that all starts with that von Miller signing. So kudos to Adam Peters for getting that done. We're gonna talk about individual players here more in a second, but one thing I wanted to ask you about is Dan talked a lot today about progressing guys the right way and making sure that they stay healthy through training camp. And so one of the things that I thought was brilliant is that they started with red zone today. He was why would they do that? That's like a more advanced thing work situational football and it's because it shortens the field. Yes, like you expose yourself as a receiver to injury longer when we're running long routes. And so I thought, man, what a great day, What a great way to make.
Speaker 2: Sure who did the study behind it? They give him to do that, because that's smart.
Speaker 5: That's amazing that you know what you're doing also too, and I didn't mean to cut you off. You're actually building me up to now have that longer, you know, y'all is to cover, you know, like if you get me out there and give me reps now short, my body is now acclimating, acclimating too the field to how much I'm pounding.
Speaker 2: Then the every day I can now expand.
Speaker 1: That, you know what I mean, do more because you still keep the same number of reps. Like I was impressed, Like they did. Probably I want to say it was like a twenty five minute like they broke it up. It was like a seven on seven then a team red zone, but it was back to back, so they're.
Speaker 3: Not cutting reps.
Speaker 1: But like, because the field is short, you can really stick in there. The intensity is high, very high, but like the distances are lower, so all those like hamstrings adductor soft tissue thing. Yeah, are kind of kept in the bag. And I just think, like, you know, it.
Speaker 2: Keeps the fatigue down and the work stays good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the work stays sharp, fast burst, quick burst back to work, quick burst back to work, not long gated, because come on, think about this. If I'm checking Tanna, we in cover one, Tanner run a go route. Me and Tanner got to run that fifty yards, but we gotta run fifty.
Speaker 1: Back, running back and then line up again and go to the hut and do it again, and your body's just not ready.
Speaker 2: So I'm ready for that.
Speaker 1: I think just the way to ensure we got health. And then the other thing I love about it too, guys, is that it puts the quarterbacks in a tough spot day one. Yeah, it's not like, hey, we're running stick, We're running dragon double stand on the backside.
Speaker 2: When does that be yeah, we got.
Speaker 5: It's almost like you're basically it's funny that we look at it like when you really look at it, it's like, Okay, I'm gonna save everybody else's legs, but.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make my quarterbacks think out the gate. Yes.
Speaker 5: So now the more and more I give them, it'll get it easier for him thinking because he have more to read, you know what I mean. So and then and being that the quarterbacks are the hardest position on the field, that's a great way to go about it because now you put everything to him. You give him that that quiz first day of school, and say everybody else, you guys, just see him watch right now.
Speaker 2: You don't take in photo your that's unique. Man.
Speaker 1: And I think the other thing about Jayden talking about we haven't really talked about him a lot, but like he just looks so sharp, like his ability to get like it's the it's the quick Like I had a guy Kyle Shanahan actually told me this one time. He was like, I was like, what makes Jimmy Garoppolo so good? He's like he's got one of the quickest releases I've ever seen. And so when you watch Jaden in the red zone, like, man, that's a tough first day, that's a tough sat. But that ball is out of his hands so quick. He anticipates throws so well. It's just like you see what makes him special.
Speaker 4: I think what makes him specially is the person man to have the best Rooky season of any quarterback of all time. And he did not go on Baker Mayfield in the off season. And when I say Baker Mayfield, it's that you wasn't seeing them in commercials. It was just like, man, I'm going back to work, I don't really care about That just blows me how grounded this kid is, how aware? Like the one thing we use it lacking our twenties is awareness like this.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, well I think too.
Speaker 5: You give a lot of creditism mom because she's always there, so you know, and that's one thing that we didn't have. Don't get me wrong. We all had parents, that all had moms. But once we left the house at eighteen college, it was a rap. When I'm turning twenty one, you couldn't.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 5: I can't expect my twenty one year old kids now. And I got a twenty one year old and a twenty five year old. I can't expect them to take on the things I did at twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I was light years ahead of where they built it.
Speaker 5: You know, they steal my babies at twenty one and twenty five, twenty one, twenty five, I was telling my mom and them all, hey, go get this.
Speaker 2: I got this for you, go pick it up.
Speaker 5: Like I was almost calling shots, and not to say for them, but for myself.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. My kids ain't calling no shots. I gotta tell you what it is.
Speaker 5: It's crazy how these kids and just how the years just changed in time with kids and how much we can give them and how much we can't give them.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Well, also think you guys are good dads. So you guys have provided really well for him. This is a we're taking the side little parent compliment for Fred and Tanna. You guys provide for your kids. Think about you were providing for your family when you're in you know what I'm saying. Yeah, the dynamics different now for sure. So the other guy I want to talk about that I noticed the team was our guy Kiinlaw.
Speaker 2: He he's a mountain. He's the mountain like like so.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like it's hard to know every down what he's doing. He plays defensive tackle and this is how he played in New York. That's how he played in Francisco. Like when he flashes, it's like a freaking lightning bolt.
Speaker 2: It's like bully ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when he decides I'm finna go one percent debo on these guys and take their like he looks.
Speaker 1: The part, and so to me, it's just like, how can this coaching staff get him to do some of that stuff instead of But do.
Speaker 5: You think do you think with the way they played the guys last year and the year before were particularly last year, how they rotation, rotation, rotating these guys, you will you will get the best of him every time than.
Speaker 4: You will because that I think you don't get the best kill erw when he low energy, when he when he uh gasping for air. Like with this rotation, I think it have them sharp, like I gotta make airplay count.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you have one of those defenses where I think they just have so many bodies they have to put on the field at times for key moments to where you don't have to primarily just have a guy out that is to be out there.
Speaker 2: I mean, we played on teams where I ain't never.
Speaker 5: See some of our guys come off the field on defense and you know they was getting it behind, you know, tossed around.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. We have a defense here now that any given play.
Speaker 5: He could be could super guy and he could go out there.
Speaker 2: And make a play, you know, make an impact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so just to see his power, like like here's a player today he bulls the guard and like it was a you know ever seen like a fast ball where the guards are completely on skates? Yes, and you're like, who is Oh, it's killer. Like if you can get him to do that instead of two every ten plays like every four every ten or five like fifty percent, like I don't know, man, like that becomes a really devastating piece for the You.
Speaker 2: Know how I feel about interior pass rush.
Speaker 3: I know you do.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's the most effective disruptive thing that a.
Speaker 2: Defense could get.
Speaker 4: And even when I bless lineback because I want to bless him through the A gap and I can't wait to see your guy from UC lak Madronal Like that's my that's my players crush right now of this off season right now.
Speaker 2: I just think the guy got it all.
Speaker 4: And I think once he gets the rolling in this league, you know how some guys get to the league unassuming, but then when you see him.
Speaker 2: Play, you're like, ah, that's a twelve year pro like some he just got.
Speaker 4: This feel to me of once I unlock this skill, said, y'all gonna realize I can do everything.
Speaker 2: Hey, he's gonna be up to you, coach to figure out what I do best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's a guy that you know, you said he's got everything. I think he's got to improve as a tackler a little bit. But in terms of movement skills, man, that dude he just glided.
Speaker 5: How do you how do you get better at than? When you a guy that he has enough football behind him. We know he played receiver at one point. We know he played phenomenally last year, you know, being a I guess you can say linebacker, slash safety, whatever position he played. Yeah, now you're in the league and you say he still need a little you know, upgrade on technique and wont.
Speaker 2: To this tackle.
Speaker 1: But what I will say this too, like talk about it like we talked about it with maybe on the show on the Command Center show that's working on technical development, Like, hey, Ryan Kerrigan's talking about hands on the run fits. This is how it's like basic stuff every single day, this time, over and over a tackling drow Yeah, every day.
Speaker 3: So I know I played for ten years.
Speaker 1: You guys played for long times also, like I played for teams, but that was never even a thing, and every single day.
Speaker 2: They said you should already had his baseline in the minu.
Speaker 1: And so for me, I look at the way dan Quinn has structured practice, the way the coaches emphasized things, and you're gonna get looks every day to improve your tackling. So let's make that happen. And I think, like, talk about just the perfect environment for a guy who's got every kind of athletic ability. You want every as get your tackling better. Like that's something we focus on and we prioritize.
Speaker 4: I know this is this is a big name I'm finna throw out there, but every time, because I found myself the other day. I just looked at some k Madrono highlights I just did, and I was like, man, this dude picks balls off and running back like Derek Brooks. You know how Derek Brooke played in space in that Tempa two. It ain't nothing you could do in front of Brooks that he ain't have an answer for this dude.
Speaker 2: I've seen him.
Speaker 3: He's got the ball skills too.
Speaker 4: I seen this guy. They did a play action. He runs into the defensive line, bags out, picks the ball off, runs it back hops ober.
Speaker 3: Dude before he gets to the Nebraska Nebraska.
Speaker 2: I like, you know what this athletic?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so he's he's one of a bunch of other rookies. You know, we're watching kind of while we're filming the shows. Any other rookies do you guys like.
Speaker 2: Trey Games making some noise out there. I like loud rookies. I like long coners. I just think I think he's always no I think he, you know how some guy like he fits. He's a pro.
Speaker 4: I think he feels like he's an instant pro. He's like instant grits. Put it in the micro wave. Give me them grits.
Speaker 2: You know, laying gonna always stick out to me, not to didn't it and not all? And I think he did.
Speaker 5: I didn't see the touchdown, but I just saw him at one play he had where Ignagi had great coverage on him.
Speaker 2: And people take that for granted. When you're on a team, when your secondary is good like our secondary, you have no choice but to get.
Speaker 5: Better at that position at at the receive a position, and you know as a whole, so to have a young guy with with with his caliber, his skill set, I think he's gonna be shoppering this whole training camp to be one of those guys when you see him getting the game this preseason, Yeah, be well, those guys on the other side of him, they're gonna get a they gonna get something, Tody, they're not gonna expect because our secondary is so good over here that he's gonna be ready like a regular season game by the time he plays in the preseason.
Speaker 1: I think that's a great point Tender. And I think, you know, like the same thing with Cain Lane Connorley, to a certain extent, all these guys are a little bit developmental, you know, and so I think that's one of the things about training camp he talked about, like how we felt about training camp. I'm excited to see where those guys are today and if by the end they're who we think they can, if they've got like a roll carved out for them.
Speaker 2: I'm never worried about who you are when training camp starts. I'm never I'm not high on that. I want to see you get just.
Speaker 4: That much better every day. And if I could see that, like you know, some rooks they just they gonna come ready. Some guys, I'm fresh at the box. I'm ready to play.
Speaker 2: Put me in coach.
Speaker 4: Some guy need to get the field of high fast his game. He is before they like really unlocked their skill set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally, I mean I think, and that's something I can't wait to see. And again, like even with like Connorley Man, the way he moves is special, but he's still got a lot a lot of technical stuff to work on. And again, like not not to say he's playing bad or anything like that, it's just to be looks like to be a stud. Like he's got to be a stud. And so that's gonna be cool to see where those guys go. The other couple of big names, I didn't see a lot of debo, just because we're kind of doing two things at once smash on the same thing. The one guy that did stick out to me was laring me Tunsel. Yeah, just like how easy it is for him.
Speaker 5: To He's amendment there too, so it's not hard for him, you know, to stake out.
Speaker 1: His footwork and the way he kind of just is in good relationship to the rusher all the time. Always like he had a rep against Franken and I think Frank's pretty good pass rusher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it was like kind of like he was sleeping through the rep. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: He reminds me of Champ Bailey when I got and me and Champ would be in the hood and that I just one day, I just kept looking at him.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this dude is never age. I never scratched out.
Speaker 1: He's lar because I played with Laram and Houston and that's just how he is. Like no one, No, I've never seen a rusher like freaking out.
Speaker 2: Like round at him like ever.
Speaker 4: And they cool come they called it quiet, confident, like I'm fine, I'm good in my skin. I understand how you trying to take me, and I'm just gonna let you come get it like them game change in athletes right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, so really excited about him, Really excited about that offensive line seat that group comes together. You know, only one day of practically being able to watch so far. So as we watch more, we'll give you updates and things like that. But really excited. And I think now we can transition to kind of more Jade Daniels centric talk j D fact because he's been in the news quite a bit for good things, for good things, for good things. And it's him and another guy in the division, and they're getting a lot of comparison to each other. And so we're gonna play a game of hell yeah or hell that was good, dude, that was really good. You guys are like locked in on that.
Speaker 3: And so basically Jane Daniels versus Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 1: And so the first thing we're gonna start off with is Jalen Daniels is the fifth fifth best quarterback in the NFL. Nick Shook from nfl dot Com said he's the fifth best quarterback in the NFL. Just to give you some context on that.
Speaker 3: That's like Joe.
Speaker 1: Burrow, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, and Eddie where you want.
Speaker 3: And right there. And so like those first four dudes are like generationally good.
Speaker 2: Hold up, I have to ask you this. Yeah, where was Pat Mahomes in this?
Speaker 3: I think it was two?
Speaker 2: I agree twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Jason's good, Lamar's one, two is Allen, three is Borrough and golf.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I don't like this.
Speaker 2: They have pet in the.
Speaker 3: Mahomes is after Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, alright, I pet did hal here him? For anybody else? That'll be an up year. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But in no world, in no world that I live on, I don't care if it's Mars. Do you say Jered Golf over Pat Mahon?
Speaker 2: But Jared Goff had to good your list year, had a good year, but ran into us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I look at it like this, we just asked him question about did this hell yeo?
Speaker 2: Hell no? Right yeah by Jaden Ben in twenty four?
Speaker 5: I say hell yeah, because arguably without him getting hurt last year, he probably would have been in the runners for MVP.
Speaker 2: So I say yes, hell yeah, ude, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I know it sounds crazy like we're homers, but I think empirically, you look at the stats.
Speaker 3: You look at what he did for the team. You look how he carried the team.
Speaker 1: You look at the plays that he made, The fourth down percentages, the third down percentage unbelievable.
Speaker 3: With big time. We don't win a lot of them games without him, Like he was an absolute maniac.
Speaker 4: He was a catalyst to winning. What do y'all need me to do today? Rush four hundred, I got you what you need me to do? Pinpoint pass for three hundred.
Speaker 2: I got you? What about fourth down? Were the best in the league? Because I got you?
Speaker 4: So yes, this is what I'm more like. I don't think his passing shocked me. I don't think his running shocked me. The ice water in his kid's veins too, like he never got overwhelmed.
Speaker 1: Logan ever to me, and this kind of piggybacks off your point. It's like the consistent decision making games on the line. I make the right decision third down, I make the right decision. Fourth down, I make a play and make it happen.
Speaker 5: Like do you know how many veteran quarterbacks I played with that I walked into that huddle and knew we finna get.
Speaker 2: Off the field.
Speaker 5: You didn't trust him on that down, Like I could just sit in his eyes that he don't know, Yeah, you know how to get out of this. And from where we was watching it at, Logan was on the field all the time all last year, so he was a little closer. But from where I was at, he just saw a guy from how he looked in first quarter, he looked in the last quarter.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: It never it never never round. It looked like the play was too big, you know what I mean. It's just this guy went even when he got nick and we knew he was nick, I'm like, ah, something in right, he got up and like kept playing and let's go, you know what I mean, still was trying to make plays.
Speaker 2: So even in the playoffs, in the NFC Championship game, he ain't the reason we lost him. Like this dude had ice water in the NFC Championship game. Do you know what the Dallas Cowboys that do. If d Prescott had a litter in ice water, ain't come about the dough think about it. He had.
Speaker 5: He was so good in the playoffs and even though, like I said, we lost that game, but we dropped from the ball to me, he was so good and we give Jaydon this ball back he gon game for the be We was down by only eleven and that yeah, we was on the road.
Speaker 2: Right now and jam put that ball into the paint.
Speaker 1: So this is an interesting question because we're talking about quarterbacks from last year. If you had to rank him one to ten, yeah, I think we could all do it together. It doesn't have to be individually, Like how would we do it like, who's number one. I think number one for me is probably Lamar.
Speaker 5: Last year, to me it was a toss up, you know, being biased, I would say Lamar, but you can't deny what Burrow did it?
Speaker 3: Burrow did? I think Josh Josh Allen.
Speaker 5: I watched Josh Allen to and I don't take nothing from Josh. He's easy top three because if you say Lamar, Burrow and Josh Allen, any one of those guys could be in that special first second or third they change games.
Speaker 1: So I'm just just for ease of lists, I'm just gonna go Lamar, Lamar one, Burrow Burrow.
Speaker 5: We go with that, Josh, I mean, Josh, Josh want, and then we'll give it.
Speaker 4: I say Josh because Josh proved to be the ultimate force mote to play last year compared to his wide receivers.
Speaker 3: That's a great point.
Speaker 2: Game.
Speaker 3: And then Burrow it's three three, So I mean that feels obvious because those.
Speaker 2: Guys are really good at I got Pat mahomes it for.
Speaker 3: Even after last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, his dad year is a great year for every quarters fill win them game without Pat mahoons.
Speaker 2: Do you know how many games they wanted last year exactly.
Speaker 1: And I think this is the thing that I find interesting, is I really want to put Jay Danis a five, like I want to hate on.
Speaker 3: This list, but like he feels to me like last year, last year. I know it's his rookie year, but I don't know if I put anybody ahead of him.
Speaker 2: I look at it like this, who is the person that you say, who made who? Who? Who put their team in the position to be where they was at?
Speaker 1: It would be Jeredoff justin Herbert would be when I talk about maybe Hurts, yeah, and I don't, And I'm low Ron Hurts those people.
Speaker 2: I think he's a more dangerous weapon than those guys. So I do believe that.
Speaker 3: I do believe that Hurts.
Speaker 5: I do believe Hurts should get a little credit because of where their team win as a whole. But then that's when I go back to what was being said by him. If you put somebody the else there, do that team still be really what it was?
Speaker 3: And I do believe that, don't you imagine?
Speaker 1: Like Kirk Cousinshia, I always say, what's magical about that guy?
Speaker 2: When I see Jalen Hurts was magical by him?
Speaker 4: Is he's a quarterback the squad six hundred and he got Ice warden Icewarden and he's a great leader, but he has to play this unstoppable. It might be a touch pushing, whatever you want to call it, but it's unstoppable.
Speaker 2: So everybody can't do it. We watched Josh Hallen try all the time.
Speaker 3: They're the closing to us to get the job.
Speaker 2: Done well with Josh doing it.
Speaker 5: But I would say, Jad, I'm gonna get JD five because, like I said before, I can easily have him as a you know, an MVP guy if he don't get hurt last year. But the things that he did for us, and even with him being hurt last year, the way he would us into those victories Old six games where we had to come back and last minute and win those games, even when he went head to head and and your boy got hurt in that Philly game and we end up finding a way to come back like that alone, to me showed me like this kid is special because I care less about who you have outside of you. We talked about this a lot last year and even started this season off talking about it.
Speaker 2: Without Terry mcclaurin, who else we had that receiver.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, and it gets to a point where you say, like we I'll say, when you have that it guy a pay many everybody, Tom Brady, Drew Brees. You don't need those many, you don't need special receivers. You just need to get open. And that's what Jay and Daniel shows you. I can play with anybody on the outside because I'm gonna put the ball in a place where only they can get the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Je Daniels five five, and so if you had to go six.
Speaker 2: Hurts really hurts with Herbert, I go Hurts, and I'm gonna go Hurst.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, Jared Golf my business.
Speaker 2: I go Hurt. I go Hurst because I say Hurst won it all he can. We can already be saying we can arguely saying that he.
Speaker 5: Was in the top five at quarterbacks because he want it all. But I I just like all those guys play better than him, stick handedly by himself. They willed their team Submitty more than he did last year. You know, he didn't have to, and they had a phenomenal team.
Speaker 2: And then I go Golf, Then I go Herbert.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I feel like coach Harpwall asked Herbert to do a little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't even go Herbert, I go your boy from Tampa.
Speaker 5: You go Baker, Baker Mayfield. I like that, Baker Mayfield in front of Herbert.
Speaker 3: That's a nice pick. That's a nice pull by you right there.
Speaker 2: I love that. Okay.
Speaker 3: And the other thing. Okay, so we were at I got said again, Hurts, that's six.
Speaker 5: Yep, Baking may Golf, then Baking Mayfield.
Speaker 1: I like that, Tanne, and then Jason Herbert. I think that's good for me. And then who's number ten?
Speaker 2: Number ten, number ten? And then that nobody liked to really get two of those props. Stafford. Oh no, we might have to read, we might have to redo. Nah, but Stafford going to I think Stafford right there.
Speaker 5: Stafford, with his ability alone, yes, could be easy to be anywhere from five to ten. But with those other guys playing as good as they play, they deserve it. I think we have to just put Stafford at ten, just.
Speaker 2: Say Stafford is to do, just to say that we can't leave him out. This is a dude we left out. Yeah, we can't leave him out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay. The other thing that I think is a lot of fun. So obviously we had JD five above Hurts, so we think he's better.
Speaker 3: And I think a lot of Philly fans don't like that. And I think Cam Newton got a lot of hate.
Speaker 2: We don't we hate.
Speaker 4: First of all, we don't care about them bleach your creatures up there in Philip Death You all right, listen. They hate on Santa claud they hate the Easter Bunny. Why you worried about him hating us?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And so producer Jason just asked me a question. Okay, imagine your Philly ap calls you and offers you JD for Hurts straight up.
Speaker 2: I don't want it.
Speaker 3: First of all, fast, How fast would Philly do that.
Speaker 2: Hurts would be here?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Literally in fifteen minutes? Right?
Speaker 4: That Roseman be like, Nah, this gotta be a print call like this gotta be so you're gonna bring me a guy that runs just as well but throws better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what that Philly outfense would look like?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think I think also to the only thing the only thing that that that hurt Hurts arguments a lot is how long he holds onto the ball. Yeah, and we know without that phenomenal offenser line and knows you guys. You know that's like a recipe for disaster for any quarterback. You know, that's one of the things we talk about. Where to come to your boy?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Who just went to who just went to the Giants? Wilson uh Russell, you know what I mean? Like like him? Man?
Speaker 5: You got Winston James? Yeah, hold James like you know. When when you hold onto that ball too long, you're not giving yourself a chance to really affect the defense at their most vulnerable state. You got to get rid of football. Don't give I care less if they got everything else covered. But if you get the ball out of your hands, it's one guy open, and it might be the check down, might be the tight end, it's somebody open.
Speaker 2: But you give yourself a chance offensively player.
Speaker 4: The nightmare that just happened in my head was our po with Jedi five in Saint Quon Barie and you're.
Speaker 3: Throwing and it's an r pos so I could.
Speaker 2: Or listen to me. To me, that's demos dangerous I have ever heard in my life. I mean, barbecue chickens. What you're gonna do you? Isn't that that you can do?
Speaker 1: So to me, like I understand why Philly fans got their guys back. And Tanna was talking about this before the show started that they because of Hurts, his leadership, because of his composure, because of his and again, yeah, I think that was the thing. And we're not hating on Hurts, but like, it's so hard to explain this to someone who doesn't watch a lot of film objectively. He doesn't play the quarter position quarterback position in a conventional way. He holds onto the ball for a really long time, right, doesn't anticipate throw as well.
Speaker 2: And he got two guys on a side that could beat one on one coverage.
Speaker 1: And you have to play them in man coverage because to stop the run, and he can win that matchup. And I think, like, and the defenses, what the defense last year was the best defense since the Baltimore Ravens probably in two thousand. Like so to say, like I almost like I meant I made this as a joke early, But think about it. If you put healthy Kirk Cousins on that roster.
Speaker 2: They wins. Anything changed, they win, change they win, right, they win.
Speaker 5: And that's the only reason why I can say that when we hear guys like Cam speak out about it, although I didn't. I didn't like his take on it, but I understood. I understand where he's coming from.
Speaker 2: I do believe. I believe in Hurts. I like him, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't take nothing from him because he has a dynamic, you know, or damn avengers around him when it comes to skill skill skill guys and then office a line, you know.
Speaker 2: But I will say, if I had to compare.
Speaker 5: Him amongst the other guys that was slotting in front of him, he doesn't pair up. He doesn't match up with what they do better than him. Yeah, And that's what kind of I think Cam was trying to.
Speaker 4: You know, this is why we always gave the goat Tom Brady more loved than we gave Peyton Manning because Peyton had Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark, and Andrew James, and Tom.
Speaker 2: Brady would come out there with Dion Branch and the field.
Speaker 5: But I will say this too though, with Tom Brady, the first couple of Super Bowls was defense and field goal kicks, you know what I mean, and running the ball. But that's how you got to win games. It don't matter however you do. It's a team sport. So that's why I say, like, that's like us having an argument with Lebron James and when he went back to Cleveland. You see these guys when they try to move the gold post with him in the goat discussion, Oh well that's a Kyrie championship one.
Speaker 2: Kyrie made that shot. Who cares. That's like me getting to the super Bowl and having no yards, but I bought all saves. I got you there.
Speaker 5: So that's you can't you can't take nothing away from guys because of what they have or don't have, as long as they got the job done.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying. So that's how I feel about Hurts.
Speaker 5: He got the job done, so I ain't taking nothing away from him, But comparing amongst these other guys, they have super powers that he don't have.
Speaker 3: And I think this is gonna sound like I'm heading on Hurts. And I like Hurts.
Speaker 1: I like the leadership, I like the physicality, I like the competitor. Right, as a quarterback, I think he has some issues. Right, there is no way with Dan Moore as your offensive coordinator, right, that's his name, Dan Moore, the guy. Huh, Kellen Moore, the tackles Dan Moore Kellen Moore, right, and you have a J Brown Stevante Smith that you should have games where you're throwing for under one hundred and fifty yards.
Speaker 4: Dada was goddard, don't forget him. Yeah, you got one of the better receiving running backs. Like Saquon is a weapon as we're seen, and.
Speaker 1: I know that's not how they're built necessarily, but like you should never go like there was. There are points in the season every year with Philadelphia where they're throwing for one hundred and fifty yards, their defense gets two turnovers and Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 3: Last year rushed for und yards And so who's who's.
Speaker 1: The weakest link in that equation? And again, I love the leadership, love how he inspires his teammates like that. The coldest thing about the Super Bowl last year to me was when he's walking into the tunnel and it's Kansas City, Kansas City, Kansas City, Philly and he and then they go do what they did. Yeah, like he he plays well in big moments.
Speaker 2: But I just that's him, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But it's hard for me to look at that and say.
Speaker 5: That's why I say you can't be you can't be you can't be sad or or or you can't be upset when you hear people don't give him the credit.
Speaker 2: Give him his credit like far As in Top five.
Speaker 5: But when you're a super Bowl winning guy and you you've been there twice and you outplayed the guy who won it once and who you beat the next time both times, you gotta give him some kind of credit. Thats why I say he deserves something. Yeah, but listen, this is how we know his passing was not all there.
Speaker 4: When your guy pulls out a book on the sideline, that means like something's going on.
Speaker 5: They did say that he'd been doing it all year long. They did say he was going and that was from the receivers. That was that that was around him. They say he been reading the whole year man. Yeah, but we know it was an underline. That just shows you that something going on with aj Brown meant psychologically like he he got a little something he needed to check because he he got to calm himself down with a book in the middle of a game.
Speaker 2: He gotta lift to oism, he gotta letter I like I like him too, boy, because he'll pit bull yeah, you play.
Speaker 1: And so just again to kind of end this comparison and like kind of hype, Jane Dane is up a little bit. Yeah, So you got a guy played twenty games, sixty eight point four completion percentage, right, Hurts was ninety sixty sixty nine. But then he threw for forty three hundred yards, right, thirty touchdown passes, ten interceptions. That's diabolic, And then you're like, oh, that's pretty good. But he also rushed for a thousand yards, yes, seven.
Speaker 2: Rushington you know one thing you didn't say about it. He's a rookie. Yeah, and he clutch you know, I can't clutch wheels.
Speaker 1: And if you want to compare that to Hurts, Hurts only had thirty six hundred yards passing twenty three touchdowns. He only rushed for one hundred, eight hundred and twenty four eight hundred and twenty four yards. Like the numbers when you look at them on paper, are MVP caliber numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And so I think the.
Speaker 1: Question that I come back to is like he was so good last year, like he was like can he improve on that? Kitty cracked the top five?
Speaker 4: I think he can improve because as legit as a passer as he is.
Speaker 2: I think he would say I left some yards on the field.
Speaker 4: So I think now that everything's finna really slow down for him, and that silent confidence wonders that he wouldn't throw in last year, he gonna throw in those.
Speaker 2: Wonders right now.
Speaker 5: And not only that, just with the protection thing, you know, being upgraded, now that's key. Now you're getting more guys out in the passing routes, and now he can take advantage of of I guess you could say a deeper arsenal a matchup.
Speaker 2: And also knowing this, they only gonna play me in zone.
Speaker 4: He found, Like I think as the year went on last year, he started to realize, everybody plays me the same.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm you know what?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm asking right now going into the season, how much we make them do something that they don't want to do defensively with his abilities, Like what what.
Speaker 4: Are we planning to do to say I want you, I dare you to do this? You see what I'm saying, He handicaps courtinated nobody.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, I want to know how we're gonna use our that that that gift, that we have with our quarterback, now that we dictate, Now that we like we all talking about being dictators, you know what I mean, and not allowing the team to dictate what we have to do. Do we come off the bat say ideare you to get out there and just sit back?
Speaker 2: Think they would rp O come.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy though, is like Tanny, you said this, like there were times last year where like just as an example, like Arizona played drop eight right next team brings all out and he just was like, oh cool, Like look at Detroit. Detroit is a great example, Like they pressured him higher.
Speaker 3: Than any rate.
Speaker 2: They had twelve people hurt on you.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying like he was like, oh, you're gonna pressure me. I know the answer.
Speaker 1: Oh you're gonna play drop eight. I'm gonna be patient. I'm gonna bits like I came. I left the year being like the only way to defend this guy is to win with four rushers it and play some type of tight man coverage or match coverage on.
Speaker 2: Them, saying you have to rush for you to play, you had to play true match.
Speaker 3: Like the way Philly does.
Speaker 1: Yes, and and then you then the other thing is like he played teams with match coverages and birth then. But like when you've got the horses that Philly has, like that's a little challenging.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I don't. I didn't see anything last year that gave him.
Speaker 5: And and Philly didn't give him a fix because we was right there if we want he was. So it's just like, oh, man, like you know, and.
Speaker 3: I guess it's interesting.
Speaker 1: The other thing I want to ask you guys is how does his improvement? How does that start in training camp? I think that's what do you want to see from him?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that's a great question because we was asking that question earlier. And like I said before, I'm not big on man. Wow me, I feel like I've been wild already. I want to see, now how much can he add on to what he's already done?
Speaker 2: Just progressions, you know.
Speaker 5: What I mean, Like like little progressions by we already talked about him. He's a leader now, like he's now people looking up. It's not it's no longer our young young Whooper snapper quarterback in the committee?
Speaker 2: What something? I mean?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like he's that guy and not only that when the playbook opens up a little bit more where where Cliffs said, I'm finish, go on my bag a little more. How much more better he is? How much that how much better that's gonna make him? Being that now I have a little more that I can work with setting and being confined to these certain places because we don't have to, we don't have the skill set up. I think the people that's finna benefit from his maturation is the number three and number four receiver because we had to keep them in and chip a little bit tight end chip back Chip. I think now because he's gonna be able to open up the playbook, Kim, I mean Kingsbury, the third and the fourth receiver, I'm gonna start to really get off in this offense like they're start.
Speaker 4: They're gonna start to be game breakers because with JD. Five as your quarterback, my third receiving fourth receiver gonna be better than your third and fourth cornerback, and I'm gonna be able to whoop him like a drug.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: The other exciting thing for me is that I think Cliff Kingsbury and the rest of this offensive staff know how to get it done. You know what, I'm saying, like they're gonna find a way to say, hey, we were really good in quick game, really good at RPO, really good at zone read. Let's kind of worked that five step drop now, so three and a hitch from the gun, Like, let's attack the middle of the field more. We got Larry me here, we can fifteen rat rook And so I think that's the thing. I'm excited to see him kind of take that next step on And I'm glad that there's a steward here in Cliff Kingsbury who's gonna help him get that done. And I think he really understands Jaden's strengths and weaknesses and it is gonna facilitate that at a really high level. So all that starts down in training camp. And again it's cool to kind of watch it and kind of see the wrinkles that they're adding and see the little things that are going on. Curious to see what actually sticks for the season. Yeah, but yeah, man, training camp, it's an exciting time.
Speaker 2: Oh football is back.
Speaker 1: Football is back, And that's gonna do it for today's show. Please make sure you like it to subscribe where we get your podcasts, and vote and buy your tickets here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right there, that's it.