Speaker 1: Mother Knows Death starring Nicole and Jemmy and Maria qk.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 3: Everyone welcome The Mother Knows Death. On today's episode, we are going to talk about crucifixion reenactments, ripping out strangers eyeballs, robbing alcohol on a baby's gums for teething, and one of the craziest examples of the similarities between twins we have ever seen. We also have a case of a guy who couldn't pee and wait until you hear why all this and moral today's episode, Let's start with crucifixion reenactments. So this eighty four year old man in West Virginia was taking part of this crucifixion reenactment. He fell off of the cross platform and is now in critical condition. So yeah, he had to go to the ICU and had multiple broken ribs. So as soon as I read this story, it made me think about one that we covered. It was probably years ago now when we were doing this podcast in the gross Room about actual people that do crucifixion reenactments, like they now themselves to the cross and get beaten by people and stuff.
Speaker 2: Remember that, Yeah, I mean at first when I was reading a story, I remember we had covered this tradition in the Philippines before, where people are actually getting nailed to the cross and these reenactments, but it seemed like in this guy's case, he was just standing on this platform, which I would say is a safer bit compared to what goes on in the Philippines every year.
Speaker 3: Well, especially when you're in your eighties. Yeah, this is such an insane tradition. These people put on an actual crown of thorns and have blood dripping down their face. They let people beat them sometimes with whips and cut them with razor blades to where they whipped themselves. Yes, and it's there. It's just like blood borne pathogen exposure everywhere. It looks very bloody and like drippy bloody, and when you're looking at it, it's not makeup. It's all real blood. So that's just kind of IM not a fan of that. But the craziest part is is that these people get now up onto the cross and put a two inch now through their hands.
Speaker 2: Well, what's really insane about this is there's one guy that takes part in the tradition every year for the past thirty six years, Like, how does he even use his hands anymore?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I was thinking about that because so I did a post in the grocery room a year or two ago about crucifixion, like a high profile death. Could this really happen? What are some of the theories as to they think actually what caused Jesus Christ to die on the cross? Right? And one of the things that I was thinking about was, Okay, if you hang someone on the cross just by their hands, they can't just die from that alone. It would and I guess in theory they could eventually, but they probably die from starvation or something before they would actually die from the bleed, just because it's such a distal artery, and usually in the location where you see the nails on the on Jesus's hands on the crucifix. On the crucifix, it's an exact sweet spot where there are no arteries in the hand. When they come up out of the arm, it kind of goes up into the hand and makes a bend and then turns around. So there's just this sweet spot where you could stick a pretty big nail and you wouldn't even hit an artery, but you would definitely hit tendon's bones for sure. I don't think it would be possible not to go through a bone. So I mean, I guess he's getting his hand broke every single gear that he does it. And I'm sure he has problems with his hands. I almost can guarantee that he has some kind of problems with his hands. It's just kind of crazy to think that these people are self inflicting this on them, you know, It's just it's nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's been going on for over sixty years. But of course they took a three year break for COVID, so like what does that matter? Which is outrageous, right, Like people are scared of COVID, but not.
Speaker 3: Scared of this. It's just like it's it's just it goes along with everything with COVID, just how backwards everything was.
Speaker 2: You have people walking around like covered in blood in the streets, and you're not just concerned about, you know, the problems that are going to arise from that, but the pandemic that's happening. I don't know. I mean, again, we were talking the other day, like I can be really for some parts of religion, but I just think this is part of the extremism that gets attached to it. I mean, if people really believe they want to do this to, you know, be devout, then go ahead. This guy that's participated in thirty six times said in nineteen eighty five he fell from the third floor of a building and escape death and was his way of honoring his renewal of life. Basically, I just think that's kind of cold.
Speaker 3: They could do whatever they want to do, Like who cares The Catholic Church doesn't agree with this, and they discourage it. So it's not like when you say you can't get down with religion. This is like this guy's own idea. This isn't something that the religion actually is like telling people to do. Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like Ruby Frankie using her Mormonism to try to be an excuse as to why she beat her children, and it's like a lot of practicing Mormons are like, well, we don't beat our children, and that's not what gets preached at church.
Speaker 3: So what are you even talking about? Exactly? All right, So this is another one of these crazy I think the scariest attacks are these unprovoked attacks. Sometimes you think about someone dying or getting seriously injured, even by a stranger, like a road rage accident or something like you could almost see how people get angry at one another. The scariest ones you you're about are ones where somebody is just walking up the street and then someone attacks them for there's no provocation at all, Like why are people just attacking random people? And this one is outrageous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one happened in Arizona. So this guy claimed he was just walking down the street, passed another man and just said, how are you doing? And then the guy took this as a threat, went up to him and ripped his eyeball out, then knocked him to the ground, started beating his face and he fractured his.
Speaker 3: Jaw as well. See, I would think since we live in Philadelphia area, maybe it's not considered unprovoked because you know, when we go visit places like Arizona or anywhere else in the country, when people, you know, you're just walking around and people are like, hi, how are you, and you're just like, what are you talking to me for? You know what I mean? Like that's our attitude. It's just the craziest thing because wherever we travel, people are always really nice and it's just not like that around here. Like I could be outside doing gardening or something and people walk by walking their dogs and they don't even look at you, you know, and everywhere.
Speaker 2: Else they're just like, hi, neighbor, are you you know? You know, we have this running joke in our family that my husband makes friends anywhere we go. He just it's a it's the weirdest thing ever to me. He just talks to people everywhere. And part of this is when we used to live in the city and we'd walk everywhere, he does this. Every single person we walk by, he says, how you do it? And and then people roll their eyes or they blow them off, and he gets mad about it. And I'm like, if a random man just said how are you to me on the street, I also would be like, don't talk to me.
Speaker 3: I don't know you. It's not a friend project. It's honestly a better way to be as a person. But oh, definite. Anyway, that was just that was just a joke.
Speaker 2: This is this is absolutely terrible.
Speaker 3: This guy. So your eye is not as secure to your body as you think it is. It's really only attached by a I mean, it's a pretty thick nerve back there, but it's only attached by that. I mean, there's muscles around it that help it move, but they could be easily removed, especially, I mean, somebody could really come up to you and pull your eye out if they really really wanted to, Like this happened to this person. And so the eye is a ball that's attached to the nerve that's in the back of it, and that is called the optic nerve, and it's bringing signals from the eye and bringing them to the brain and then bringing them from the brain back to the eye. So you need that to see. So severing that nerve makes you blind instantly. So he's blind, his eyeballs taken out cosmetically, I mean, it's it's not ideal to not have an eye either, although you can get a cosmetic replacement prosthesis. But think about that, like you're just walking down the street and the next second you're blind. You have your eye. He obviously probably could see his other eye and you can bring it to the hospital and they can't reattach it like you beat And think about that, like it would I can't imagine. I feel like it would hurt tremendously. But there's there's Again, it's just one of those things that like it's really not going to bleed too much. It's not going to kill you. It's not gonna make you not see out of your other eye. So imagine looking down and seeing your eye in the desert sand there like in Arizona. It's just nuts, man.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I really can't. It reminds me of the scene in kill Bill where Darryl Hannah, I believe, just rips the guy's eye out. Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he rips her her eye out, steps on it with his toe.
Speaker 2: No, it's incredibly disturbing. It is just a situation.
Speaker 3: It was what's her name, it was el Driver, No, it was.
Speaker 2: Uma Thurman ripped Darryl Hannah's other eye out. She already had an eyepatch and she ripped her and in Bud's trailer, Yes, that's what happened.
Speaker 3: That's you know, it's the you know what's crazy. That's that's actually one of my favorite movies of all time. I that movie, and I can't wait until the kids are a little bit older to watch it because it's so gory.
Speaker 2: It's certainly can't watch that now.
Speaker 3: No, I know, I know, but I can't wait. We have like a whole list of movies we can't wait to watch the kids like Goodfella's Godfather all that stuff when they get older, you know. But anyway, I just I haven't seen it in a year or so. That's why I was like, wait a second.
Speaker 2: So this guy had been released for another aggravated assault just one week before, but now again he's been charged with aggravated assault and he's being held on five hundred k bail. I don't understand, like, does he just have a history of doing crazy things like this all the time and they just keep letting him out, or is this really just his second offense in one week time.
Speaker 3: This is one of those touchy situations I think that are. I mean, I would say if I obviously I haven't had an assessment, nor do I have the credentials to assess a person like this, but I would say that there's probably some kind of schizophrena or some kind of underlying mental health disorder going on that needs to be addressed, because why unless he was high on some kind of drugs that were altering his mental state. It just doesn't It just doesn't seem to me like it's just some guy that was like, oh, I just want to do something mean today to somebody like an evil person. It's more like that's the yebye, get off of it. So I think this person needs to go and get mental health treatment more than anything. And they didn't say anything about that in the article. But I don't think that he should be released on the street because what if he knows somebody that has enough money to get him out.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I'm saying. There shouldn't be any bail set for this. If there's two offenses.
Speaker 3: Like this in the in a weaker till, I think, I think this one's serious enough that it doesn't even need to be too like he kind of did the worst thing ever at this point. I mean, it's and it's very weird. It's not like he just walked up to someone and punched him in the face because you were in a mood. I mean, it's it's extreme. So I feel like he needs to be not in public. No, I agree, all right.
Speaker 2: So this couple, it was Virginia, claims they woke up in the middle then I had to go to the bathroom and went to check on their baby who wasn't breathing. So they performed CPR called nine one one, and unfortunately the baby was pronounced dead at the hospital. So what did they end up finding at the autopsy?
Speaker 3: So they bring they so first they wanted to clarify. I don't know how old the baby was. I don't know if you picked that up anywhere, but it said it was an infant. Yeah, so what is an infant categorized as I would say under under twelve? Monsta, Okay, it's a baby like a little you know, a younger baby. I don't know the age, but I mean, let's get into it. Well, we could probably figure it out based upon what they're saying happened here, But first let's start with saying so they do they do the autopsy and according to the medical history, So when when you when the baby goes into or anybody calls nine one one and they're in the ambulance and they go to the hospital and they die right away. Like the hospital doesn't know a whole lot because they didn't really treat the person at all. So they could take blood and they could do different things, but they don't have a lot of history, and a lot of it has to be relayed by the people that were bringing them in. And of course, when people are committing crimes, they lie all the time, so you always have to, you know, take that. So, according to the parents, the child had no underlying health conditions and was completely healthy, and they do this autopsy and of course they do toxicology and stuff like that, and it comes out that there's a three point two one zero fatal level of alcohol in the child's liver. So then of course, you know, authorities go back to the parents and are like, how did your kid have so much alcohol in their system? And they said, oh, the kid was teething for a month. So that's why I said that, because I mean kids could teeth at different ages, but I would say like three to six months old whatever around there, six to nine months whatever, and they would rub alcohol on the baby's gums because the baby was fussy, and they said they did it almost every day for a month.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I I I don't feel like I know anybody that does this anymore because they just have made so many things for teething for kids. It's not like it's nineteen fifty and they didn't have anything else. But I would assume most people know you don't do this every single day. If you are going to.
Speaker 3: Do it, no, you don't do it any day. That's that you don't do it. It's bad. Well a lot of people do it, yeah, but you shouldn't do it. And listen, like it's brandy or whiskey and yours. I've heard this before. I don't think anyone in our family's ever done it, but I have heard that people do it, and it's just dumb. It just sounds so dumb. I've and listen, I've had three babies that that have went through teething and stuff. It's just kind of like it's dumb. There's there's actually no evidence that putting topical alcohol on something would even cause the pain to go away. Like if you had a wound in your mouth, would you rub alcohol on it? Like no, it just it doesn't make any sense. It's like the old wives tales. So well, it's not really a wives tale because listen, I guarantee that it chilled the kid out. But why because the kid was like drunk. Because you rub it on their mucosa inside of their mouth and it could absorb into their bloodstream, So like that's what's causing the kid to chill out. It's not because like you have to understand that that gets absorbed through the skin and it gets absorbed through the mouth as a drug and it's and it could kill your kid, Like this isn't the first time that this happened. Now, there's other stuff to the story number one in two not being judging, but judging, like the parents look like shit. The the the woman's in twenties and the guy's in his early thirties, and he looks like hell. Like he looks he looks like he's on something or whatever. They found evidence of it, at least, like bongs and stuff in the house. Now we know the kid had alcohol in the system, and there was also roaches all over, and it didn't look like there was cleaning, good clean conditions that that child was living in it. They didn't even have running water. They didn't even have running water, So there's probably more to the story. I I don't even think like, because what I've always heard in the past is that you're supposed to dip your finger into like brandy and rub it on the kid's mouth, like with your pinky finger, and listen, doing that once a day wouldn't kill the kid, Okay, it like it's just not enough. So then you're starting to think, okay, it had to be a little bit more. And alcohol is a different kind of thing too. It doesn't it doesn't accumulate day after day. So even if you gave the kid the already doses, let's say, like, it wouldn't be present in the toxicology as an accumulation because the liver clears it out, you know what I mean. So to me, the story is kind of bullshit. And they just said that, but it's likely they were giving the kid more because the kid would go to sleep well. And that's it's to me, it's like this, It is kind of a lifestale that's passed down. But it's the same as like what happens when you give your kid robotuzzin or or benadryl or something like they sleep good, right, they stop crying, they stop winding. It's like that kind of a thing, right, That's how I look at it. Prove me otherwise, I don't know. I've never seen that. Like what adults put alcohol on on their pain. They drink alcohol to make their pain go away, right, they don't. They don't actually like topically put it somewhere. So this episode is brought to you the gross room. Guys. Today I posted what I titled to be the grossest video that's ever been posted in the.
Speaker 2: Gross Room, and I can agree. It really is disgusting.
Speaker 3: It's and like, I'm not going to ruin this surprise, And it's not anything that you would consider to be gross, like a person falling off a motorcycle and either legs smeared all over the street or something like that. I could handle that any day. This is just something that I I There's just certain things that scheve me out, and this is one of them. So I can't wait to see your guys reaction to that skincrafting. We're gonna talk we have a cool video that we're gonna discuss later in this week, and also a crazy horseback riding accident that happened to We're gonna discuss that. And of course this week's dis section was necrophilia, another great subject to talk about with your friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the Grossroom is on sale right now, so you guys could get one year of gross for only twenty dollars by visiting the grossroom dot com.
Speaker 3: So earlier in the episode, I was saying that this is probably the craziest example of seeing how similar twins really are. And this viral video went around this week and it really is nuts.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is on the level of like the Hydra Kids Hydra Away viral news videos. This news outlet in Australia was covering the story of this woman that was part of a car jagging and they're interviewing her twin daughters who are speaking almost perfectly in sync the entire dive.
Speaker 1: Well, we were in cleaning now birds and we heard the big bang. We said, all another car accident, So we drop everything and we went running out to the front. We seen mom running from the house up there, and then the other cars were pulling up and checking them to see if the person was okay. And one guy he was up there with our mom and he went up there and he was coming back down towards this and he goes roun he's got it gon.
Speaker 3: It's it's so cool and it's crazy because you could tell that they're rattled by what just had happened to their mother, and they're just speaking very fast and they're trying to spit out exactly what they described that they witnessed, and they're saying the same thing. They're saying it at the same time they're saying it in tune with each other, the same mannerisms with their hands.
Speaker 2: It is so nuts. Well, they're also the same exact karacut. They're identical twins, so obviously they look exactly the same, and they're wearing the same exact shirt and they're talking at the same time.
Speaker 3: It's just like very trippy. So this is this is a really interesting thing. I have cousins that are identical twins, but they're kind of a second cousin, so I don't I don't see them as much to really talk to them about this kind of stuff, But I am interested for those of us, for those of you listening to this, what you think about this. You know, twins are they're identical. Nature is a combination between nature versus nurture. So when I say that nature is the DNA, so twins, people often say they have the same exact DNA, and they do start off with the same ex act DNA, but as any human is developing in utero and is living in an environment and exposed to toxins, you could have mutations in the DNA, So their DNA is definitely going to be similar and closer to any other person in the world. But they're not an exact copy, so that's always important to distinguish, but also with nurture. And this is why I wanted to talk to my cousins about this or other identical twins. It's like when when identical twins come out, everybody thinks they're so cute as babies, and they dress them the same, and they probably sleep in the same room, and they're really kind of lumped together a major of their life as being a package rather than two individuals. And it's just an interesting thing to me if they're, oh, if they enjoy that, because I feel like I've seen definitely shows that seems like they're kind of into it. They're into the dressing the same way and looking the same way, And I mean, it's just like a weird thing. They're the same age, they're the same sex, they're usually in the same class if they have a smaller school, they have the same group of friends, and it's just it's just interesting to think about that that they have such a different life than an individual person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what's interesting about this case is you're saying a lot of times when twins are little kids that they are dressed the same. These women are fifty years old, and they've decided to keep dressing the same. They also have said they've tried to speak separately, but they just can't do it. It's just they can't make it work, and it's really difficult, and it's just not part of their relationship. And well, thew in the cool business together to where they rested.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they work together all day. This is what I was just gonna say, Like, that's the whole nurture part of it. Is, Like Maria and I, we we worked together almost every day. We talk every day, We work together every day. Sometimes we're together for eight hours a day, multiple days a week. So oftentimes when we post these videos and you guys listen to our podcast, a lot of times people are like, I can't even tell the difference between you two. You sound the same, Like, you say the same words, you use the same manners and stuff like that. And that's what happens with any close relationship. Sometimes it can happen even between friends. But the combination of that of that close sister bond or mother daughter bond whatever versus and the DNA as well is just is just so trippy. It's so cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think there's been this long term myth that twins could have this form of telepathy because there's been stories of one twin saying they could feel it when their other twin got hurt or whatever. But there's no scientific backing to this really. But when we see a case like this, it's just so interesting because you know, the reporters are asking them questions that obviously they couldn't practice ahead of time their answers, and they're still doing it, so it's definitely happening in some capacity. And they had also gone viral ten years ago for speaking and sink when they were interviewed for Good Morning Britain, which is just it's just so fascinating how it happens, how others speaking. It's just so interesting.
Speaker 3: It is. I love this video and this is like a feel good story. It's not terrible news as we're usually talking about.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel bad because it seems like a lot of people make fun of them for it, and they have said they've just been able to kind of tune it out. But this, I don't think there's really anything to make fun of. It's just like such an interesting phenomenon that's happening that you have to analyze it and just think it's the coolest thing ever.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get onto this last story. It's pretty insane. This thirty five year old man in India was admitted to the hospital because he wasn't able to pee and had a fever for two days. So all his vitals looked good for the most part, except for an accelerated heart rate. But what did they end up seeing upon further testing, So I guess they they put a catheter in them and he was admitted into the hospital for a couple of days. I'm not this was in Indiana. I'm not exactly sure like what the treatment was and what they were doing, because I feel like I'm not sure they gave him the work up that he would get at least in this country anyway, because he was there for a couple of days before they even realized this was happening. But I guess when the patient was looking at his bag of urine that was coming from the catheter, he noticed that there was a thin weigally worm inside of the bag. That is so worm disgusting.
Speaker 2: I don't this worm in general is huge as well. So they're saying that it was eleven point eight inches this worm. Yeah, like the size of a ruler essentially.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they're just monitoring and they see this swiggly thing and they're the diameter of point thirteen inches. I can't imagine how badly this hurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like it was. It. Well, this is why he wasn't peeing, because it was blocking his entire urethra. Like wait.
Speaker 2: In the greasiest part is he said, this wasn't the first time he had a worm like this in his body.
Speaker 3: No, so he so at the hospital, he looked, he kept him not it didn't, it said, he was not. The doctors monitoring him saw that there was no additional worms or worm eggs, he said, and he decided to be like all right, I'm healed the things out and I'm leaving. And he left against medical advice. He didn't take any anti parasitics like this. So anyway, they sent this this worm to pathology and it was diagnosed as being a giant kidney worm and it is. It's the longest nematode parasite. So a nematode is is a round worm, so there are longer parasites, but this is the longest round worm, and he you know, they're supposed to give anti parasitics and stuff to kill the rest of them, because I'm sure there's not just one of them in there. And again he said this wasn't the first time that he passed it, so more than likely he will be back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll be back because he keeps so he's getting them because he keeps eating raw fish out of this local lake. And obviously if he's had him before, he's just gonna keep getting them over and over and over again. I wonder if he could keep breaking the record with each visit, with how big they're getting.
Speaker 3: Ugh, it's so nasty.
Speaker 2: No, I can't get over this. I mean it is so it was so so, so disgusting. These photos are so disgusting. But thank you guys so much. We will see you next week. Say I have a good weekend.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to Mother nos Death. As a reminder, my training is as a pathologist's assistant. I have a master's level education and specialize in anatomy and pathology education. I am not a doctor, and I have not diagnosed or treated anyone dead or alive without the assistance of a licensed medical doctor. This show My website and social media accounts are designed to educate and inform people based on my experience working in pathology, so they can make healthier decisions regarding their life and well being. Always remember that science is changing every day and the opinions expressed in this episode are based on my knowledge of those subjects at the time of publication. If you are having a medical problem, have a medical question, or having a medical emergency, please contact your physician or visit an urgent care center, emergency room, or hospital. Please rate, review, and subscribe to Mother Knows Death on Apple, Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere you get podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks