Speaker 1: And now move the sticks with Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks. What's up?
Speaker 2: Everybody?
Speaker 1: Welcome to move the sticks? DJ Buck with you Buck. First of all, Man, it's been a minute. It's great to see you, dude.
Speaker 2: No, it's been a minute. It's been a minutes. This has been a two man show when she and I. So this is great, man. We get a chance to kind of empty the bucket a little bit, have some thoughts on a bunch of different things that I haven't had a chance to run by you. So it should be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking forward to to getting some notes from you too on on the East West on a couple of guys that pop down there. So we'll do that a little bit later on in the show. I want to start, though, with something that I read this morning and it echoed what I had heard at the Senior bowls. You know, everybody's always talking and there's whispers and all this kind of stuff. But Joe Burrows making the rounds today and said, look, I think you know we all want to stay together, and that's with T Higgins and Gasicki as free agents, you know, including getting the deal done that they need to get done. You know, with Jamar Chase. So that was something I had heard a while back when I was talking about t Higgins with the team, and you know, hey, would this makes sense for you guys like Jiggins ain't going anywhere. It's like, look, he got the same agent. They ended up getting together. Him and Jamar have the same representation now because they want to stay together in Cincinnati, and Cincinnati has the cap for him to do it.
Speaker 2: So it's funny that you said. I was with Donald Penn doing some stuff and Donald Penn s there's a shame representation as Jamar Chase and Ti Higgins, and he told me that they were all together, and so I thought that was interesting because when you have guys that played the same position on the same team, there's no hidden negotiation, Like everyone knows exactly what is being done. And if you're gonna split the baby, as they would say, like, you now know how to make it equitable for both parties because as an agent, you want to make sure that both of you guys are happy. And also if they share representation, they probably have a good relationship anyway, and they want to make sure that their fella person is taken care of. But they also want to make sure they get fair market value. That is something that the Cincinnati Bengals would have to negotiate. But let's be real when it comes to this thing about Cincinnati and what they could do, you and I and you really have been kind of leading this this thought. You've always said that I would rather be great on one side of the ball and figured it out on the other side of the ball. And so if you're the Cincinnati Bengals. The one thing that we know, despite all their issues last year, they were good enough to get into the postseason, but they got off to a slow start. But offensively, there are few teams that can match up with what they have on the offense. When you talk about Higgins, Chase Burrow, even if you throw Gaseki in there, I would say that they were better when they had a Marquee running back in place with Joe Mixon. But that's something that they can find. Whatever Chase round is serviceable, but they could get an upgraded that spot. But yeah, offensively their playoff ready. Now it's about finding a defense that's good enough to get you there. Not that you have to be a top ten defense, but a middle of the pack defense. That plays a certain way. I would say if they look towards the Kansas City Chiefs, that might be a way to look at how they do it. Because before Kansas City loaded up on defense, Seespeg Newlah was a big play, splash play defensive coordinator. He's playing for a big play, a turnover, a stop to throw you off your rhythm, to make you kick three, while they had the confidence that their offense were always going to put up seven. So yeah, look, I like the plan. I like the approach if you have the Cincinnati Bengals because in that division, you're gonna have to be able to outscore people because it's gonna be hard to get into a rocking SoC and robot match with the Steelers, the Ravens, those teams, I don't know if you're going to beat them the way that they try and play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think it also brings up a bigger point as well, that, man, if you're hoping that free agency is going to solve all your problems nowadays, man, guys just aren't getting there. You know, you're just not going to get guys to the market. And you look at you know, you look at the receiver class in this free agency group not great. The draft class of receiver position is not great. It's one of the first years I can ever remember where, Man, that's not a good year to need a receiver. No, man, they find one under a flat rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it's different. And I mean we went through this run. DJ had to be about a seven eight year run of wide receivers at the top of the board that we were just excited about. I mean, four to five receivers coming off the board in the first round, and they not only came there, they hit rate was so great on these top receivers. There was only a handful of guys that didn't live up to pre drafted expectations. Now we've kind of hit that lull and a plateau where if you haven't developed and groomed your guys for significant minutes or a bigger role, it's gonna be hard to find that guy on the streets. That's why the developmental model is so great. It's also why it's so interesting to see the La Rams put Cooper Cup on the market because he's the embodiment of the developmental process where you take someone in the third he becomes an all world playmaker. You get him and then as he's this ending, you have another one that you can put there. The money prohibits it, but in a perfect world, as he's coming down and Puku's going up, you find a way to keep both of them because they are interchangeable weapons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we haven't, we haven't been together on that. So what's your what's your take on this situation near a Cooper cup a. Do you think somebody would take on the contract and actually make that trade?
Speaker 2: Well, I think the injuries the last couple years, so the last three years he's only played in thirty three games. The money is significant. I think you're talking about twenty six or twenty seven on.
Speaker 1: Like a one year guaranteed that I think they're like five minion guarantee, but there's no none guarantee. But it's a big number overall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so just a big number because he signed a three year, eighty million dollar extension. But here's what, there's so many teams that he would be a perfect fit for. I think about the Pittsburgh still is in how they may need some maturity in that wide receiver room. What he could do for them, the dependability and reliability that he would give them, I think he fits the brand and the culture that they have. I can see him going to Kansas City much like they used Andre Hopkins and Juju Smith Schuster. I would say that Cooper Cup is a better player at this stage of his career than those guys are, Like what he could be as a security blanket a team like the Raiders that doesn't have a true number one but needs someone to pair up with a Brock Bowers, a mature player. Pete Carroll has seen him in those things. There's a place for him to be able to get down and play. I'm just surprised he won't be in LA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's He's very synonymous with the success they've had there, including just a Super Bowl where he took over the game with Matthew Stafford when everybody knew where it was going and they couldn't stop him. I mean that was right with the big time, big time performance by Cooper Cup in that ballgame. Another item that we've haven't had a chance to catch up on. We've talked about it on here. I think we talked about with rhet but I always love getting your perspective on it, s Miles Garrett. I know it's prohibitive from a salary cap standpoint, it's going to be tricky for Cleveland if they were to do that, and maybe that's why they've just come flat out and said that they won't do it. But your thoughts on him asking for it and do you think he eventually gets what he wants?
Speaker 2: I felt like when I first heard about it, when I was surprised. But two, you brought this up on multiple occasions on the podcast. I was like, man, DJ know something about this mouse coming down to pipe because I was like, he has brought this up about like, hey, maybe you should get rid of him. This is the perfect time I'll say this. I understand, like because he used Andrew Berry's words against him, like I didn't want to take a straight pass from Cleveland to Canon. I want to go and win some Super Bowls and those things. And he's a foundational piece. When we talked about the marquee pieces that you have to have in a championship puzzle, like you look for a dominant pass rusher, and what it shows is like man, one wrong move and a bad move that they made with de seauan Weser. We have to call it what it is, like it was a bad move. It is completely not only wrecked the salary cap, but I would say it probably wrecked the chemistry in the locker room when you kind of hear the buzz and the lay of the land. How can they fix that, Like he's not in the building now the injury. Is there a way that you can go back to Miles Garrett and find a way to get him to kind of recommit to being with the Cleveland Browns. Normally, I would say money kind of fixes all things. I'm looking at this deal. He has two years left on his deal five year one twenty five that he signed. Joey Bosa is now the guy that you're chasing at thirty four million annually? Is there a way to sweeten the spot, sweeten the pot a little bit to kind of get him to buy in and recommit. I would be reluctant to get rid of someone who has four straight seasons with fourteen sacks. I'll be reluctant to get rid of a four time All pro even though he's thirty. He hasn't shown any signs of slowing down. It would be hard for me to part ways with him. And even when we've done this in the past, like Khalil Mack is the comp that you would do. Like the Raiders got back two number ones and a three and some other stuff, they still were never able to replace the player. It's hard to replace a player like that. I just if I'm Cleveland, Yeah, an none started for me.
Speaker 1: I think the I think the challenges, you know, But when the Khalil Mack trade happened, they still had car right, so they had who they had as their quarterback they were committed to and comfortable with. I think what happens, Buck is when you don't have the quarterback, you start getting to the point where you're like, okay, we've had We've got this Hall of Fame defensive end. We can't win. So we got to do whatever we got to do to figure out a way to get the quarterback. And I personally, I think the Browns quarterback of the future is not going to be acquired this year. I think he's in twenty six or twenty seven, like one or two years down the line. So the argument on the other side of it is, man, that's just a mass as many resources as we possibly can in twenty six and twenty seven, so we can strike when we get an opportunity to get the quarterback because even with the Hall of Fame player like that, if we don't have a quarterback, we're gonna have a hard time winning in this league. And I also think there's the AFC thing is real, man, Like there's a that's a shadow when you got shadow of Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes and Joe Burrow and Josh and Justin Josh Allen. I mean, Buck, that's a You're sitting there like, man, I'm bringing a knife to a gunfight here, you know, Like I don't want to be in the business of trading, you know, first ballot, Hall of Fame players, cornerstone players. But man, how are we ever going to get over that mountain with all those quarterbacks, with what we're bringing to the table?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess it depends on how you look at it, right, because if you look at it in the rear view where you just are coming off to three and fourteen year, I could see that. But the year before they were a playoffs like they were in the mix. Joe Flacco had let them and put them in a position where they could do some things. Is there a way that you can patch work that part? But fortify the defense, because I'll say this, the defense didn't play to the level that they played previously. And it's hard when you're not getting the offensive support. I just wondered when you're Kevin Stefanski, because Kevin Stefanski gave up the play calling in Ken Dorsey came in. Ken Dorsey came in specifically to help Deshaun Watson. Dorsey's out. Fanski's back is the play caller. Can't he say, like, hold on, let's just reset and see if we can run this back? Because it's Afanski. I think what two time coach of the Year got them to playoff appearances without having the marquee? Did it with Baker Mayfield, He did with Joe Flacco and others? Why not pause and see? I know, like the money is twenty million this year, twenty five million the following year. I just I don't know, man, I hate giving up good players just for like what could be behind doing number two and three? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's also again it's just as we go around in circles on this one. That's also what is it the the uh uh the definition of insanity? Right, same thing, expect different results, like Nope, Nope, We're gonna do it this year with our defense. We're gonna defense is gonna take us. We don't have quarterback.
Speaker 2: It's funny. So then I'm saying, so I'm using the Khalil macdial as whatever. So if you are able to get two number ones, right, so you get another number one this year, a number one next year.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even ask for another number one this year. I want all my picks in twenty six and twenty seven, all of them. I don't want an extra picks in this draft. I don't. I mean, if I'm them, I'm sitting there and saying, my ultimate goal is to get the quarterback, and I don't. I don't love my options in this draft. So load me up with twenty six and twenty seven picks.
Speaker 2: So here's here's the crazy thing, right, Like, so we're having college football fans and we love the draft, DJ who's the quarterback on the horizon that we're pining for? Normally there would be buzz over a quarterback or whatever? Like are we buzzing over arch Manning even though we've only seen that much of them? Like, I'm trying to figure out who is the guy that we began to speculate on.
Speaker 1: There guys with loud tools, and I'll give you our arch who we just seen a little bit of. But you know, you're talking about the prototypical stuff that he has. The kid at South Carolina is Oh Sellers standing. He is fun like, he's He's one that I've kind of keeping an eye on. I haven't seen time. What I've seen, I was like, okay, and I think he's a red shirt sophomore next year, so I think he'd be draft eligible. But again, twenty six or twenty seven Clubnick has shown some good things at Clemson. Drew Owlers had his moments at Penn State. Who's another prototypical, big, strong dude. He needs to, you know, keep getting better. But there's what I'm saying is there's there's some prototypes out there, whereas I feel like we're kind of trying and hoping and wishing a little bit with this year's group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think it's a conviction. And as we would say, a good front office, like your college scut and director, your area scouts have bird dogs. Some guys you know, like if you're worth of sawt, you've already taken a look not only at disclass, but you look ahead to see who's coming down the pipeline. And so if we're talking about like true franchise quarterbacks on the horizon, yeah, if you can have that conversation with ownership as to why it makes sense, it can go. I mean, look, I'll rule out nothing. Coming off a weekend in which we saw Luka Dancis traded and in his prime one of the best players in the NBA at twenty five years of age, anybody can be you got. So that's just that's the world we're living in now. When it comes to sports. The things that used to be the norm are no longer to norm when it comes to marque players.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's a fact. All right, let's take a break. A couple of things we want to get to. After the break, we'll hit on some defensive coordinator thoughts as well as we'll get some updates on Buck on a couple of guys that popped at the East West right after this. All right, but before we get to some college guys, one last pro topic here. I was just looking at this, thinking about this this Super Bowl with Vic Fangio calling the defense for the Eagles and Spags once again calling the defense for the Kansas City Chiefs. I started thinking about the value of having that wisdom in that game on the defensive side of the ball, and I thought, you know what, let me go back and look at some of these. So if you look at the last winners Kansas City, you know, they won last year with Spags, won the year before with Spags. Then you had the Rams that won that one.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 1: Gosh, why am I drawing a blank here? That was Who's who was a d C? No? No, no, not in that one. Not in the most recent one. It was Raheem. Wasn't Raheem?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Raheem is the one that won it?
Speaker 1: He yea this last year, yep. And so that was Raheem. And then you so you know, Rahem had been around for for a long time, around a few times, yes, And then you go back Chiefs again, Spags. Then you get the Belichick with with the Patriots. Then you get Shorts with the Eagles, Belichick with the Patriots, Wade Phillips with the Broncos Belichick, and then you get Pete Carroll. You know, it's like holy cow, like you go all the way back and it's uh there's a lot of value in having a a guy who's been around the block a few times and had some experiences and understands how to coach in that game.
Speaker 2: Well, I think so, DJ It is a game that until you're in it, you don't really know what all goes into it in terms of not only the preparation, but how different it is than any other game that you've been in. People can talk about the two weeks that you normally have to prepare, but it's not only the two weeks that you have to prepare where you don't want to overload your players with a bunch of stuff, but it's managing all of the distractions that comes with it. And then when it comes to the game, it's the game that I would say it has the biggest emotional swings in any game that you're ever coaching because of the finality of it and because of the stakes that are on the line. The big plays are magnified to a higher degree, so your calls have more significance than they've ever had. So how can you calm yourself down and not become distracted by the potential outcomes and really focus on the process to putting your team and the best thing. I believe it takes experience in having done that to be comfortable in that environment, which is why Steve Spagnola is so comfortable in the environment, which is why some of these other guys being comfortable when you've done it a few times and Spags has done it. My gosh, how many times, like twice with the Johnson this will beat the fifth time with the Cheese. Yah, seven times you've been in the game, and then I think he's been in the game before with the Eagles as an assistant with Jim Johns. I mean, the more you're in the game, the more the game slows down and you understand what the how, the major on the mages and not worry about all the other stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went back one extra year or two and that was the Ravens. That was Dean P's who you know, been around forever when they were This is kind of funny that, like, think about all these new we have some of young coordinators, right, and it's like, well, the guys who are in these games that win it, they've they're they're calm and comfortable, they've they've been in these types of situations before. And I was thinking about this with with the fangio. And there's so many articles written in the Super Bowl, so I'm sure this has been written, but I haven't seen it. But I was thinking of the irony there. I believe they're practicing at the Saints facility, right.
Speaker 2: The old school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you think about that, he's walking in there. You think you want some confidence. How about just walking in and seeing all the statues of all the dudes you coach that don't patrol back in the day, man, all those dudes forever. Vic has been around forever.
Speaker 2: He has been around forever, and I do believe and it's easier maybe for people to buy into the experienced defensive coordinator where you want kind of like the young hot shot offense of mind and those things. But I mean there is something to experience and expertise and wisdom and being able to have seen a lot and had to deal with a lot in heaven and encyclopedia of knowledge when you're dealing with stuff, so you're able to recall that. But like, oh, I remember this, back in the eighties, they used to run this. We used to have this answer and that answer or whatever. And let's think about what some of the things that we've seen in Super Bowls that have taken place, Bill Belichick using an old school defense against the Rams, the stim of the Rams and like a thirteen to ten win to get it done. Being able to see what Wade Phillips was able to throw out to kind of mess up Cam Newton in Super Bowl fifty. Like we have seen these old guys throw nice knuckleballs at the opposition.
Speaker 1: Remember the Giants adult taking the ends and putting them in over the guards, and I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just just just doing different stuff. Because man, every time every year you just learned so much and you're able to apply that. There's something to watching this. This year we actually get the luxury watching to experienced defensive coordinators go back and forth and how they're going to navigate it. I would say the difference with Fangio is he has a younger team. But to me, that's the quality of the coaching because the coach, how can you get younger players to buy into maybe something that is complex. We saw Spags do it a couple of years ago with the kN City Chiefs when they had all those young hoppers running around on defense. So it's the same thing to me, there is something about that which is look, man, maybe that's why we saw a little bit of a renaissance with Pete Carroll and some of the older guys getting significant opportunities.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, I think it's an interesting point. All right, Buck, We are going to switch gears though real quick. Going to get into some college stuff here because it's time for Hot or Not, brought to you by Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage. Haven't had a chance to catch up with you since East West, and I know, talking to some other buddies that had made the trek from East West to Senior, heard some names of some guys who popped. But just you your experience down there, can you give me a couple of dudes that I need to put towards the top of the list I need to get watched.
Speaker 2: Well, guys that you want to watch. And obviously we started at quarterback. Everyone to talk about Shadrew Sander's but Shadrius Sandas didn't work out. He just interviewed cal McCord. Was the guy Calvi McCord from Syracuse who had transferred from Ohio State. Has a phenomenal final season in Syracuse, like he lit it up doing practices. What you saw was a guy who came out as a four star, five star quarterback. You saw the tools, you saw the talent, you saw the touch, timing, anticipation. You saw him make big boy throws. And what you also saw was someone who you could squint and close your eyes and see a top one hundred player in a game in which we've seen Brock Purdy and Aidan O'Connell use that game to step up. Cal McCord didn't play in the game, but the week of practices should make him a very interesting guy as like a mid round selection. You know, I would say DJ stand on offense at running back Todds Brooks from Texas Tech with someone that kind of stood out five nine, two hundred and thirty pounds stop start quickness. Burst can kind of run it like a pounder, but has some speed to get to the outside. Like he was interesting. There were some other guys that you liked on offense. There was a bunch of wide receivers, but like Aaronde Gatson, his son of Aronn Gason played stood out at tight end. Those things. But I would say the best players on the defense side of the ball and Kansas cornerback Kobe Bryant was someone that they talked about. And it's funny, Kobe Bryant, if he had more size on him, you would really like him. But he's only one hundred and seventy five pounds, and so people worry about the Emanuel Forbes thing. But what I saw is someone who could do some of the Jalen Ramsey, the physical stuff or whatever. You just worry about his size and then I would stay up front. Jordan Phillis from Maryland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the one that I heard the most about the whole week.
Speaker 2: He's the guy man like, he's the guy three hundred and twenty pounds. I got a chance to stand with Mike Loxley like the entire practice day, and he just talked about the dude is wired right, great effort, great motor, yes or noser type, just loves ball. And when you saw him, man, you just don't see guys built like that. Like he was a well put together three hundred and twenty pounds. He was playing the three technique, but you could see him being a very active nose tackle if you had to use him there. He was just really good man, really good with his hands, all of that. He was outstanding the entire week.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's the that was the name that just came up a bunch of times. Out of there guy said, Oh, okay, you need to you need to watch him. He's a really, really good football player. I heard just through the grape vine that the interviews with Shooter Or went well. Everybody that I talked to that you know, had visited with him enjoyed their time with him. So, I mean, obviously didn't do anything at the at the game, which I don't think anyboy anticipated he would, but they did. They said they got the vibe from visiting with him as somebody that really really loved football.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, so it was interesting, right, and maybe this is just a coach putting chum in the water. I thought about Brian Callahan, who had coached Joe Burrow doing Cincinnati, made loose comparisons between Shadur Sanders and Joe Burrow, And if you want to read about it, there's an article on ESPN to Ron Davin Fork kind of outlines what Brian Callahan said, but insummation, he basically said, like, look, he's a touch time and an anticipation quarterback, and much like Joe Burrow, who may not have the strongest arm. When you have touch, timing and anticipation, it allows you to kind of mask some of those deficiencies. And he basically alluded to the fact that like Burrow, he can be a point guard in the right system where if you're just like, hey, ball out, he can play when it comes to that, get the ball out of his hands, let him go to work and operate and doesn't mean anything. It might have been one of those things that when you're holding the number one pick, you're trying to entice conversation in people to get up. But Brian Callahan put it out there, and I thought it was an interesting thought. When we think about quarterbacks and the things that are necessary, it always comes down to decision making, accuracy, and ball placement. And he's really raving about Shahdur Sanders' things, and he made those loose comparisons to Joe Burrow, which I think is a very interesting thing to just kind of put it in our back pocket as we get ready to watch him throw potentially at the combine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you kind of squint and you can see that the anticipation accuracy part one thousand percent, like or that's what he does really really well. He's especially when he's clean in the pocket, feet in the ground, anticipation, accuracy, outstanding, which, as you mentioned, are key key elements playing the position. Now he's smaller than Burrow, I don't think he's as twitchy as Burrow.
Speaker 2: Definite, he doesn't have He doesn't have a diference this. Yeah, yeah, because Burrow was All state high school basketball player. The athleticism go out. You also see the basketball skills come out when he's he's destriying, but he likes to go empty. He is a pass first point guard. He gets into his playmakers and let them go to work. Not quite as quick or as distinct when it comes to chadur Uh. I just thought it was interesting when we talked about talent, because everyone is going to have the conversation, Hey, Kim Wore's tools. Yeah, the charts, the tools are legit, they're real. The decision making is more of a gunslinger than someone that's gonna kind of play and manage the game maybe the way that you you want consistently, But I'm which are you willing to bank on being able to refine it and harness that versus someone who doesn't have the arm talent, but maybe he has the decision making and the anticipation in time and that you wanted the offense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's that's a debate that's gonna take place in the draft room, is can we can we rein in cam Ward a little bit and still get the benefit to reap the rewards of all the arm talent and the you know, the suddenness and the way that he can, you know, make some special things happen. Can we rain that in or then on the should or side, well, can we can we get him a little stronger? You know? Can we you know it's like that's the conversation that's going to be gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And another thing that's gonna be going because we haven't had a had we haven't had the conversation, but I guess we can say this, like Jackson Dart had been the building, so we had a chance to talk to him and those things. And there's been a lot of conversation about QB two, QB three, Jackson Dart or whoever the field because everyone has always talked about cam Wood and Shaduer Sanders. But we've been in this long enough to know, Yeah, who's the dark horse that we're not paying attention to. Yeah, one day can get into conversation. So studying Jackson Dart, you were there at the Senior Bowl, he is intriguing. Talking to Jackson Dart, the intrigue grows. What was your like take on what he did down in Mobile and how does he just kind of loosely factor into the conversation as we're talking about quarterbacks in his class.
Speaker 1: I would say it was like a solid week. He you know, he got a little bit better every day. I didn't come out of that with a hot or cold take on it. You know, I didn't come out of there saying, man, he lit it up like we've seen, you know, a couple of guys light it up. And I didn't come out of there saying, man, he really hurt himself with the way he's performed. I just thought he got a little bit better every week. He's he's big, he's sturdy, he can move around. He moved around the game, had a rushing touchdown something He's done a lot there at Old Mess and everybody seemed to enjoy their time with him, like we enjoyed, you know, getting a chance to visit with him. He's a really good dude. So I was doing an interview of the day with the Seattle Radio and like that name's discussion there they're picking eighteen. Now he's my forty first player. But again in this draft, I don't know there's much difference between eighteen and fifty. To be honest with you, I got the same. Like our grade system is like a six to three. I've got six threes basically starting it around that range, and it goes all the way in the fifties. So it's just you're stacking them however you prefer them. But grade wise, talent wise, they're all in one big pile together. So that's why I think you're gonna see one of these other quarterbacks is going to emerge. You're right, it's gonna be him you're talking, or it's gonna be you know, Will Howard's got some sponsors for the way he finished up winning a national championship. No, Roe's got some loud tools. But you know, he was all kind of all over the place down there at the Senior Bowl. Dylan Gabriel is kind of I mean, everybody's like, oh, you know, is he going to get drafted? I'm like, guys like if you put him in a dome, like you put him in the NFC South, He's not that much different than Tua. Like there, you can you can see a lot of similarities there. I know if I was Miami and if he was hanging around there in the middle rounds, shoot, I'd take him just as my two insurance because I don't have to change anything on my offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I mean so it's look, man, beauty is always an eye of the beholder. And when you're talking about quarterbacks and the number of teams that need quarterbacks and the number teams that are gonna be boxed out when it comes to free agency, those guys are going to be in the conversation, maybe a little sooner than many people think. And when you're talking about like the next tier of quarterbacks, right like if we just say that Kim Ward and Shoulder centers in a different tier. But like those guys vying for three or maybe even two, some names are gonna come up. And Jackson Dart to me, I wouldn't say it's the safest, but he's the most logical that would come up. And the reason why I would say is like he goes from sc to ole Miss and even though the system is not a pro style system, it marries a bunch of things that we see on Sundays. You think about the level of experience, You think about like I think now we are all looking for the guy who's had to kind of go through some stuff from almost side. He has some of that, And to me, he's not as big of a project as Jalen mill Roe could be in certain offenses. So to me, he's kind of like a natural and logical fit as the third or whatever. Will Howard certainly got hot down to stretch with man. I still have like the Michigan game where he didn't play rate and that hanging like they're gonna be people to try and push cal McCord into the thing, But then I'm gonna have the whole year of Ohio State, the last year where they pushed him out. He goes so there. Look, they're gonna be things on every quarterback, even the ward and to do so, it's going to be fascinating to have the conversations as we get into the combine and then the workouts, and then as what I would say is a bad thing when when when think tank takes over, who is going to be able to stand on conviction and say, hey man, I feel really good about this quarterback and we can build something out for him to thrive in because I still remember there weren't a whole lot of people that were had on bonnecks and bownicks gets into the league and they're like, oh man, well pay I'm like yeah, yeah, for everybody. It's so many factors that go with where the guy can succeed a fill in the league. Yep.
Speaker 1: It's going to be part of the discussion here for the next several months as we get towards the draft. All right, that's gonna do it for us. Today, we will have a short one. We got a short podcoming your way tomorrow as we head towards Super Bowl Sunday, and we'll have all the recap stuff for you beginning early next week as we full on transition into the offseason, draft, free agency, all that good stuff. So appreciate you guys hanging with U. See next time right here on with the sticks