Speaker 1: Every day a week ago the Breakfast Club. Morning everybody, it's d J n V. Just hilarious.
Speaker 2: Charlama guy, we are the Breakfast Club. We got some special guests in the building. We have Jordan E. Cooper and one of my favorite people in the world, Miss Pat Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: You're gonna lose as much as I can afford to die. Shot or hay Man, what I was looking good?
Speaker 4: Fat Nikka yant here looking wrong? You never had to pull up No two counts for me, Yo. My ship is a proportionate and my neighbor do not connect.
Speaker 3: I love your he you looking like big glow with I love Gloriala.
Speaker 4: You don't want to meet her. I know everybody like you look like Glorreala Mama. I wish like hell I had Glorilla. I wish she was the baby I killed and God got me back and made that motherfucker fame.
Speaker 3: Your daughter.
Speaker 4: That's why you should be careful about the babies you killed. You might kill a Lebron James. The good thing now they can tell you what you have it. You know you can get the arches out. They be like, this is stupid, motherfucker gone send and make.
Speaker 3: The god Now. Yeah, you can now.
Speaker 4: But back in the day, you know that I was my kids was born on Medicaid, So you only got an ultrasound when you were nine months you were not allow. Yeah, they ain't give a fuck about that baby. We're gonna see what you're having in nine months. Were gonna keep giving you these fucking free pictures.
Speaker 3: I did not know that back in the day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of ultrasounds was not available.
Speaker 3: They was available, but it was Medicaid. So you have a choice.
Speaker 4: You can get as many abortions on Medicaid or you can get an archer sound.
Speaker 3: So abortion or ult yeah both? You Yeah, maxed out?
Speaker 6: Are you reading the Buddy comedy?
Speaker 7: Should dog?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: She Glorilla reminds me so much of me when I was younger. I was even fine, like not as small, you know, before that old I just want you to know that my vagina ain't always sick. I mean, my stomach has not always set on my vagina. Once in my life I could wear two piece and not chicken.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she catches.
Speaker 4: I'm married, I've been mad for thirty two years, so he ain't complaining.
Speaker 3: So whatever. He pulled into the side and lifting.
Speaker 7: He be seeing the skinny niggas in your comments.
Speaker 3: They do, but they're not gonna make me pay him my money.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be raped that with my humbun to the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that ship is delicious to you.
Speaker 7: We Ma.
Speaker 4: I got somewhere late my tittyat on the I ain't gotta listen to him past gags. I'm telling you, if you've been married in a relationship on the time, you do not have to sleep next to these men. Get your own room. You get tired of nigga rubbing on you in the middle of the night. You know, you know, you gotta when you I don't know most women like I don't go to bed sexy.
Speaker 3: I just get into bed. I want them people.
Speaker 4: I can't stand to take a bath at night because I don't want to be depth in the morning.
Speaker 3: Why you don't want me?
Speaker 6: Damn?
Speaker 7: Why is you dawn.
Speaker 3: In the morning? Fat and a little sweat?
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm always leaking, But.
Speaker 3: Why don't watch I do? I watch it in the morning? Fresh?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I need my stuff twenty four hours fresh. I can't help.
Speaker 4: I just don't like that ship. I don't put on lunch and ray. I don't do it. You know, I go to bed. If we're gonna double, you wanna fuck? And if you don't, excuse me, you wanna have sex. If you don't, you know, I just go to bed.
Speaker 8: If you save money in the wintertime, though, wow, because you keep them warm, like laying next.
Speaker 3: One boy I got. He's a blanket. Okay, I'm plus I full size bit in my room. He have a king. He like a hard metric. I like soft match. But I've been mad for thirty years. I don't have on a full size matches. What you say you can't, I'm not.
Speaker 6: I was crazy. You mean to say that.
Speaker 8: I want to say no because I thought about it, but I ain't saying.
Speaker 4: Squeeze Okay, I was waiting, so I feel a little bit more bid.
Speaker 3: God damn, I'm sorry. You got that twin body?
Speaker 7: Bitch?
Speaker 3: She on no twins?
Speaker 6: That body crazy, Jordan.
Speaker 3: How you deal with I don't Okay, No, she's a fool.
Speaker 9: Whatever we all said, she'd just be acting up. We were just talking about this. I was like, there's got to be at least seventeen hundred thoughts that come to your brain that you gotta stop before they come out of your mouth because you know it's gonna set a five.
Speaker 3: It was industry.
Speaker 4: I knew I have to watch what I say because you know, you walk into these meetings and you'd be like, you be wanting to say that, what the fuck you wayn white man, damn?
Speaker 8: What did you understand about Miss Pat's voice in her story that others might have missed earlier?
Speaker 9: I think just letting her be authentic, you know, I always say when we created the Miss Patt Show, I wanted to create the first sitcom that I felt like would have that deaf jam comedy vibe.
Speaker 7: Where it's like you could be uncensored.
Speaker 9: Because there's so many that came before her, like the Red Foxes and the Richard Pryors and who had a show for three seconds, you know what I mean, who couldn't be themselves. Bernie Mack couldn't really be himself on the Bernie Max Show, but when he got on stage, he could say, I ain't scared of you, you know what I mean. So I wanted to create a sitcom that allowed her to just beat but she could say whatever she wanted to say, do whatever she wanted to do, and we can have a hard conversations and let her say her unfiltered up.
Speaker 4: You know, Yeah, how did your kids get on an episode?
Speaker 5: Like did you you wanted?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: So my kids on an episode of The Judge Show which airs this week, and my somebody dropped out right, so they these are people have real cases or whatever fuck going on? Friends disput my kids a case dropped out and literally I did not know they was gonna walk through that door.
Speaker 3: So you didn't. I had no idea.
Speaker 4: But they did go to the strip club and my son did spend my gay daughter money, but we never would get it back. And they've been arguing over this for a whole year. And I was like, well, why would you give a broke nigga some money at the gate? I mean at the strip club? And so she he didn't pay her back and it became a case. And when I heard late versus La, I said that might be my baby daddy, I said, I'm fitna put it to this nigga, and it walked in was my kids, damn.
Speaker 3: So how did you approach the case?
Speaker 5: Did you approach it as miss pat or as dad Mama?
Speaker 4: I approached it both ways because I can't believe I couldn't believe they were swing each other. And I had just got my daughter teeth fixed and she didn't pay me back, but she want her brother.
Speaker 5: To pay her back.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, oh, y'all owe me money, nobody. I brought him out. I paid every five hundred dollars to get your mouth fixed and flew you to Guanamore Bank.
Speaker 6: What the hell she went to?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, because they were rough but they look good. That wasn't it an agreement for in place?
Speaker 6: Like you need to pay me back for that?
Speaker 3: Oh some reason.
Speaker 4: My kids don't think they especially them first two my medicaid kids. The don't think they're supposed to pay me back.
Speaker 6: Your Medicaid kids, yeah, those one that gave because Medicaid.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, you're going on Medicaid to Nigga.
Speaker 6: I'm sure.
Speaker 3: You've been killing me in this mother fucker way.
Speaker 1: Jordan, you're thirty years old now, right, Yeah, thirty thirty.
Speaker 8: He's Jordan the genius by the way, just like to throw that word around, but I do the genius.
Speaker 3: You know what. It's nothing like this kid.
Speaker 4: It was so and I've we done told this story several times how we met, but when I first laid eyes on him, I was like, this, Nigga is a black woman, a fat black woman trapped in a gay man body. That's the first thing I said about him. I said, you died as a fat black woman and came back as a gay man. Because how he gets me? Like, I mean, immediately, we just we just connected. And I couldn't do that with no other writer that I had.
Speaker 3: Nobody would listen to me.
Speaker 4: And it's nothing like dealing with a writer and they writing a story about you, and that writer think that they're funnier than you.
Speaker 3: You came out funding me, motherfucker.
Speaker 4: When I'm talking about me, I'm talking about something that coming from my head. And when I met Jordan, I said, hey, I got an idea, but nobody would listen to me. He said, what was it. I said, I sat on an airplane and talked to white people and see why they so racist.
Speaker 3: And that's all I had to say. And that was the pilot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Southwest, member of Southwest, you said anywhere, so I would literally block the seat off, and I wanted to talk to white.
Speaker 3: Men's to see why the fuck they think the way they do. I would have racist commer safety about race, and I told him that, and that's how the airplane.
Speaker 6: Setting.
Speaker 9: So you see that if you see the pilot what we do is the very first episode of this past show, it's hers. It starts off with her doing stand up and as she's oh, thank you, and as she finishes the set, like the airplane kind of comes in around her, and then before you know what, we're dropped in the scene and she's talking to this white woman about black kids being shot, being a black man and stuff in a really cool way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's.
Speaker 8: How do you how do you make a set feel safe for actors to laugh about the same things that somebody like this past might have cried about in real life?
Speaker 9: That you know, I mean, I feel like that's That's one thing that me and Patt have always had in common is that we find a way to laugh at the pain. Because once you laugh at it, you have control over So we try to make sure that in every episode that we do, whether we're talking about raid, molestation or porn or drugs or whatever it is, we find a way to laugh at this thing to give us victory over it in a way in a way that no other show kind of does. What's crazy is that I always tell the story. When I first saw Miss Pat my dad had recorded her. She was on some daytime talk show. I was in high school of Julie.
Speaker 7: That's what it was.
Speaker 9: And he was like, you gotta watch her. She needs a TV show, she needs a book or something. And so I watched it. And I'm in high school. I ain't got no power, I ain't got it, you know what I mean. But I fell in love with her, and I was like, yo, she does the same thing that I do. She like wild, tell a story about being molested and somehow have you fall over laughing, and I was like, yo, I want to work with her.
Speaker 7: So fast forward a couple of years. I'm in college.
Speaker 9: She writes a book about her life. I'm like, oh, I'm gonna get this book so I can study it. I screenshot the book. The book is like thirty five dollars hardcover. I'm in college, so I'm trying to save money for my four for fours. I got holes in my socks, you know, I'm trying to So I screenshot it, but I'm gonna come back to it. Then I write, Ain't no mo Leasy's Ain't no mo and he already had a connection with miss Patt and he was like, Yo, there's this comedian I'm met, and I think you guys have a similar voice, Like you should connect with her and see and see if it'll work. She came out to see the show and she said that exact same thing. She said, Now you had like a big black woman. I was like, I don't know what they mean, but thank you. And ever since then we made it work and we we built the show, got bt what they first first Emmy nominations every three Yeah, we had three nominations.
Speaker 6: Ain't no more?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was a screening. It was that what you call it?
Speaker 9: That was like a read before we even did anything with it. Yeah, that was like that was probably I was. I was probably twenty three when I happened.
Speaker 2: I was asking with you, being so young, how did you dive into some of those those legend comics you mentioned Red Fox mention?
Speaker 1: Probably what got you into those? Being so young?
Speaker 7: I was?
Speaker 9: I was obsessed with old school TV for some reason, like and I think because I love theater, so like whenever I watched those old sitcoms like Good Times and Jefferson's and Martin it felt like just good theater with cameras, Like when you have a live audience, it's not like that bootleg like live track ship. Which is why with the Mispaschal, I wanted to make sure we had a live to do an audience, make sure we got real people laughing, because if a joke ain't funny, we're gonna fix it, you know what I mean. Like, we're not just gonna make y'all for the stupid joke, you know what I mean. And so I think learning from like the Norman Lears and learning from like that era of television really taught me how to write it in a really interesting way. And then also I'm just a student of black comedy, just like old school black comedy, like everything for moms mainly on like, and I try to make sure that we honor that black comedy even in the stuff that we do. Because she's to me, like she's carrying that baton of like those who came before. Like I wish I could sit in the conversation with her and Bernie Mack and just hear what the motherfucking kids got.
Speaker 7: I can hear it.
Speaker 6: I was waiting on everybody else.
Speaker 8: When it comes to Like, the thing I love about Jordan's storytelling is he always sent us black life with like no filter. Right, how do you decide what belongs on the Broadway stage versus what belongs on like a TV screen.
Speaker 7: That's a great question. I feel like I never decipher.
Speaker 9: Like even with my new play right now called All Happy Days at the Public Theater. We close on Sunday. So if y'all New York come out to Old Happy Day, it's a black ass play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was in night I.
Speaker 9: And y'all know Donald Lawrence, Right, Donal Lawrence, like encourage yourself.
Speaker 7: The best is you have to come. He wrote the music for it.
Speaker 9: But but I always try to like write without whiteness at the center of anything, because I feel like a lot of times black writers who are writing for Hollywood or who are writing for Broadway or theater, a lot of times they assume white people are going to be in the audience, and they assume to make them comfort exactly, they want them to be comfortable and want them to understand every joke, want them to understand. And me, I write as if there are no white people watching them, because I feel like writing with whiteness at the center is a form of white supremacy.
Speaker 7: So it's like, I'm not about to put on my white hood.
Speaker 9: So I try to like make sure that anytime black people are entering a space, whether that's they're entering a theater or just turning on the TV and watching something that I wrote, making sure that they feel like, oh no, this is for me.
Speaker 3: We have to conn out.
Speaker 4: I will say this sometime it be too damn black. I'm like, Joe, we gonna do that. Time to look at little nigga.
Speaker 7: What was this story about?
Speaker 9: Like the folks, tip, I said her the first drive of the first episode of this pastial right sent her first drive and she called me back. She said, Jordan, we can't we can't send nigga to these white people.
Speaker 7: I said, what you mean.
Speaker 9: She said, you got me saying nigga and motherfucker and ship. And I said, well, pat, that's how you talk. She said, Nigga, I don't mother talk like that.
Speaker 3: Time literally.
Speaker 6: Had another playout.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just.
Speaker 4: We just invited you to it. You didn't answer back, But that's what you did. Pam didn't call you. You didn't answer the white woman back. I'm not touching you ever. You will come check it out.
Speaker 7: We closed on Sunday to night out good.
Speaker 3: It is so good. It is so good. It is about the black family. It is so good.
Speaker 4: I was in that bitch boohoo and like other than the Berxel Club. That's why I'm in New York now with the rats and his cold and his bitch.
Speaker 3: I hate this shit, Jordan.
Speaker 5: With you being so young, right, did you ever get any pushback?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, literally think you are experienced enough to even.
Speaker 9: Always from the very beginning, you know, like, and that's why I'm grateful that I had a champion of her, because of course, like in my plays and my writing my plays, I've been writing places since I was like ten years old, so I would always experience that then. But then when I get to Hollywood, that's a whole nother because a lot of the conversations are like things like people telling me like, oh, we don't do that on television, or that's not possible, but that won't make sense, or you know, I've been doing this for thirty years and you can't come in here and change this, and and I'm like, no, no, we're doing something new.
Speaker 7: That's the point.
Speaker 9: Were creating something new for a new audience and a new generation, so like something specifically like I don't know if y'all are familiar with them special, but y'all know Nigga Poppins, the character that Tommy Davison plays. So the whole idea was that, like, oh, we call him Nigga Poppins because he just he really supposed to be in jail, but he just like ran, we pop up at the house every now and again when something needs to be fixed. So the whole thing was that was that at the end of it to put a button on. The joke was that he was gonna steal pats umbrella and he was gonna fly off into the sky.
Speaker 3: So let me tell the rest of the toy.
Speaker 4: So Jordan wanted Nigga Popping to fly, but the person at the time will then understand why Nigga Popping fly and I'm not in Jordan here. So a lot of times Jordan says, I'm the start to show he would have to come get me so I could push stuff through. So I'm like, Jory, if this ship gonna work, you know you give me to do this dumb ship. I'm cussing out, Hey, it gonna work. So they didn't want Nigga Popping to fly, so I wouldn't told look, Nigga Popping gonna fly because he say, Nigga Popping.
Speaker 3: Need to fly, and I'm like, that ship makes sense.
Speaker 7: Understand that black.
Speaker 4: You know the way the way Nigga Popping flew out the porch, it did look stupid, but I can't.
Speaker 3: I don't have that vision. Well he's talking about it.
Speaker 4: So I would always just say, let Nigga pop and fly and everybody got mad, but Nigga pop and flu and it worked and it was one of the things that everybody remember. And it was so many times Jordan coming to me and say we need to do this, and I say, Jordan, I'm gonna lose the whole show, fucking with you, Like when he wanted to direct, and he's like, it's his show. So they wouldn't let him show run. So the second season we got him the show run because I had to threaten him back and I ain't coming back. I'm fussing, cussing out of everybody, so they let him show run. Then he wanted the direct. He to you on the direct and then I cuz I'm fussing, he gotta goddamn direct and I said, nigga, can you direct?
Speaker 3: He had never directed.
Speaker 4: I said, when you better learn how to direct? You up here got me fussing at these people, so they let him directly. I was saying, please, let this shit work out. He's playing with these people money. He ain't never been in front of this many damn cameras, and it worked out.
Speaker 8: Gotta be frustrating when you funny, when you're creative, and you gotta explain your vision to people who are not funny and not creative because if they were, they wouldn't need you all exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: And it is hard, I mean, even over at sometimes over at be t plus, you know, explaining.
Speaker 3: To people what we want to do and why we want to go there.
Speaker 4: I remember when when when when I was on the episode where I was having an abortion and I had an abortion without my husband consent because I was we was trying to send a missing This is my body.
Speaker 3: Just because I'm married to you. You do not own my body. If I get pregnant and I choose to have.
Speaker 4: An abortion, it is my choice, like it's your choice to get your nuts clip. Nobody ever says ship when y'all get your nuts clip. Hey, that's killing babies too. They stopped up in your ass. Now they can't come there to you all and recreate, right right.
Speaker 3: I never thought about it like that. But you don't cut the baby hat off because it can't come out through you.
Speaker 10: Your rethough whatever that call. But anyway, knock a long story short.
Speaker 4: Terry pushes a t refringerator because I had an abortion, and one of the deegents was like, he shouldn't push thefrigerator.
Speaker 3: I say, he frustrated.
Speaker 4: His wife just had an abortion without his choice, So what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: And I had to fight to keep that in there.
Speaker 7: It was real.
Speaker 4: So those are the things and I try to tell them like if it's when sometime me and Terry had an argument.
Speaker 3: He'll grabed me and it was like he get her head off. I said, bitch, I know how to be beat. I've been beat, so let me I know what I know. I know what I'm doing to make it look like it's real. You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Time I had my ass beating. I many time I beat somebody ass. And those are the things that you had to really fight for, like the real stuff. Him snatching on me, or him talking to me a certain way, or him punching refrigerator or you know, like we had one execa.
Speaker 3: That oh my god, oh my god, y'all you're gonna have an abortion. And I told her, I said, and she left the show.
Speaker 6: I said.
Speaker 4: The problem is is that this is mimicking your life. So since I hit on something that you tried to hide within yourself, you triggered. So that's why you left. It wasn't because you didn't like the Mispatch show, bitch. It was because I brought up memories.
Speaker 3: And it's okay.
Speaker 4: You know, sometime I walk down the food out and I see polished me and I feel poor.
Speaker 3: So that's why I don't walk down that hour with the Southeast and stuff on it.
Speaker 4: I don't eat rich crackers, a certain ship. I don't do to make me not feel poor. If I see an El Camino, I was molested in an El Camino.
Speaker 3: So I don't like them.
Speaker 4: So we all get triggered by ship and it's okay, but don't my show.
Speaker 8: I feel about Jerry Crows, you get about never had touched on when I was eight, Jerry Caro, did you have Jared car The woman who touched me had a Jerry Crow, and I used to always say I didn't like to smell her Jerry crow.
Speaker 6: That's why I made her stop.
Speaker 4: Wow, you made her stop, Melissa, You because you didn't like her hair smell.
Speaker 3: No, that was not because she.
Speaker 6: Was touching you. No, that was exactly that was the.
Speaker 4: I never paid attention to my Molesta hair cut, the music.
Speaker 3: Get off me your hairstank.
Speaker 6: Talk about like.
Speaker 10: Smell my mit, No matter, don't do that.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me Maddy next time I come here, nigga, I'm jack. Oh my god, no, I'm coming jack girl with some primo.
Speaker 8: What's the one thing that you want?
Speaker 4: Will you? Okay damn, it's one thing that you did it won't the great disease that threw you?
Speaker 3: Okay damn, I'm girl. Can't. I'm thinking a canker ankles?
Speaker 6: What am on the comedy?
Speaker 4: You gonna.
Speaker 3: Comment back? She had her fingers.
Speaker 4: That's why she like smile, Nigga, smile, Damn, she like smile.
Speaker 6: Don't act like that's not on your lap.
Speaker 8: I used to to be Santa Claus and the goddamn all back in the day.
Speaker 4: You got me messed up with the bit you touch you with that, Jery, Oh my god, that was not me, that was your friend.
Speaker 2: I was asking that you didn't for that you wish you fought for in any of these shows.
Speaker 4: Mmmm.
Speaker 7: I think we.
Speaker 4: Usually win no because we one thing we did, and I tell you what, what I love about Jordan is when we went into this, we didn't know anything about TV and one thing I promised him, because I'm from the street.
Speaker 3: Your word mean everything to me.
Speaker 4: And I told him, I said, this is Hollywood, and they're gonna try to tell us some part.
Speaker 3: As long as we stay.
Speaker 4: Together, I think we can succeed. You be honest with me, and I always be honest with you. And that's one thing they could never do. They could never tell us apart when they was talking when they run around to my can't she read?
Speaker 3: Hell not?
Speaker 4: I can't read that fast. But I'm a practice. He came back and told me. So what we did was we went to LA and we hired people to do table reads with us because I had never seen the table read, and we did it like a couple times a month so I could get practice to be comfortable because I ain't no shit about acting, and when and when they was like, he's too young a direct. I fought like hell to make sure he directed, and finally they left us alone. So you know, and it's that's hard to find in this business, somebody who's gonna keep that word with you, because it's easy to dangle money in their face and break up the whole fucking try.
Speaker 3: But there was never baby.
Speaker 4: Plus I already had a husband with a good job, and I told him you could never give me as much money as I could steal from you. So how I've never been fascinated by Hollywood. You know, I'm not the bitch that gonna get my nose done. I'm gonna get my stoma done when they go all the way down, because I would like to see them John before I die. But other than that mirror.
Speaker 3: Too much heat down.
Speaker 4: There's better have a winship and white just alarryity, little poo pool, My hair grow down my thighs, horse.
Speaker 3: My my, she said, whoa who?
Speaker 4: You know it's supposed to have been on an episode or or or multiple episodes of Miss Past Settles.
Speaker 5: But I got a I got a phone.
Speaker 4: Call right like, right like, right after paperwork was done and all of that right saying that I could no longer be on the show for a few episodes because of a comment that I had made. And the comment was literally, literally verbatim, only women can have babies.
Speaker 5: I said that, you know, And I asked, was that.
Speaker 4: What got them to, you know, revoke my opportunity to be on your show?
Speaker 5: And they said yes, Well.
Speaker 4: You know what a lot of times when they do stuff, and I'm gonna be honest with you because I knew you was gonna ask me this fucked up course, so I'm gonna ask you. They didn't come to us and say that was They just said we're gonna go into BET said no. So when I when I asked you to do it, and no matter who I pick in this room, the networks still have to approve it and they.
Speaker 3: Check out everything.
Speaker 4: So when I guess that conversation came up and then they decided to say no, it's nothing I can do when it's their money. I came here and said I want you on my show. I went back and told them I want you on my show. But then they all they said, BT said no, Yeah, I knew.
Speaker 6: It wasn't you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the person who even called me said that you fought for like you really was like, nah, I want her on the show, you know, and you said that more than once. But they just they told me that that was the reason why. And I'm like, oh, all right, well do she know that?
Speaker 3: Can she?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Like, did y'all talk to her or did y'all tell her? What was her feedback?
Speaker 4: Like, y'all don't care that that's her show, she want me on there? And then it's just bogus for a for a statement like that that I couldn't come and do mispast subtles that.
Speaker 5: I was really upset about that.
Speaker 9: But you do understand why people were why people were like all up in arms about that, Absolutely.
Speaker 5: I understand. But that don't mean what I said was not true.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: I think it's only because of only because of their transmitn Like people who identify as men out there, who like have babies, so they're like, oh, I have a baby too, but I don't necessarily consider myself a woman, So then it like exits me out of the conversation.
Speaker 7: It's like that was it.
Speaker 9: It was the fact that there were people who don't identify as women. Who are like, no, I have babies, do childbirth. But I just feel offended because.
Speaker 4: I'm not of you from having a gay daughter.
Speaker 3: Let people be who of the face they want to be.
Speaker 4: I grew up with a lot of people who say whatever the fuck they was, that, whatever you are, that's who I respect you as being. I just me personally. I don't put myself in those conversations. If you say you're a woman, then you're a fucking woman. You got on my shoes, you got on my dress. I'm mad because your makeup is better than mine. Other than that, I don't give a fuck what you can look like Charlemagne with a wig and Charlemagne want to be, and shut the hell up.
Speaker 3: If you want to be Charlah today, then find out.
Speaker 4: I mean, just don't argue with them, because let them allow them to be whatever they want to be.
Speaker 3: And that's just life.
Speaker 9: But also I think it's because I always look at this, and we talked about this on the show's I always think that, like I just look at everybody's spirits, like we're all really just like having a physical experience for this lifetime here on this earth, but we're all just spirits and those spirits when we die. Don't come with a debt, don't come with a vagina, don't come with they.
Speaker 7: Just you're just spirits.
Speaker 9: How you It's how you treated people when you were here and how you lived your life. And I think there are people who are like, oh, I'm just spirit, Like I just I don't subscribe to the like colonialized mind of like, oh I'm a man, i'm a woman, I'm this some of that. It's like, no, I'm just I'm just spirit. But I think that that's why people were like, oh, all up in arms whenever that happened, because it was like.
Speaker 1: But I also like, if you do, I don't think you should be canceled for it.
Speaker 9: No, I think it's a conversation. I don't think it's canceled. I don't personally, I don't think it's canceling. I think it's a conversations.
Speaker 2: Let you know, how we can have a conversation, whether you exactly and we can leave exactly.
Speaker 4: Because it's just so much Ship said that, like that is completely off. Motherfucker's raido, right, Like nobody get in trouble for ship.
Speaker 3: But what else? But my thing is like it's not about the gay community is like mag.
Speaker 7: But it's not.
Speaker 9: It's it's it's it's not about canceled canceled.
Speaker 4: Let me clear it up what I mean by.
Speaker 3: Like what you know what I mean when they come for you, they come for you, and they coming drones and.
Speaker 4: No matter what you say, they right, I mean they did it.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. It is.
Speaker 4: You don't falk with the game community I do. You won't be talking that ship about I'll be like I talk about my daughter on Stay and I said, this is by my daughter, and I leave it this day because it's a sensitive community.
Speaker 9: But it's not about sensitivity. It's about respect. It's about I respect what you do. You respect what I do. It's not about being sensitive. It's like, no, you respect me, I respect you. Let's go out, like you said, I have drinks. Let's have a conversation. But I don't think anybody when people say something wrong, Like if I see somebody who considers himself to be gender knocking for me and I misgendered them and I say he or I say she and they correct me.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna.
Speaker 7: I shouldn't.
Speaker 9: I shouldn't feel canceled or feel upset because I didn't know if you tell me we have a conversation, I'm gonna respect you because you told me.
Speaker 7: Oh this is how you did it, all right, I'm gonna try.
Speaker 3: I don't do identification. I don't. I'm being honest. I don't want to know. If you hear them, dare in her? What's your name? Give me your name because I can't. I don't want you.
Speaker 4: That's a slippery slow you around to call him a she or she or him a dim. I gets too much to the new gay community. When I was coming up, it was just but it was just two things.
Speaker 3: He was a beat. Can I say it? But no, oh, you just two things.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, trying to get me.
Speaker 4: In fal But all of this new stuff, I don't care.
Speaker 3: This is just respect.
Speaker 9: It's not new stuff because this is the thing. It's just the same way it's new to you. But this is the thing. It's just it's the same as as when we were talking about white people. A white person trying to get over calling us negro, trying to get over calling us color. It's because times have changed. It's not oh my gosh, these niggas are all of us now. They want to be called colored in an African American, and it's like, no, actually, I'm gonna listen to what you're saying because it affects you. So I'm gonna try to do my best to not say color no more. I'm gonna try to do my best to not say f no more. And I say beat them up.
Speaker 3: But it's about It's about communication.
Speaker 9: But nowadays I feel like people are so busy doing this that they don't actually communicate, so we don't actually move forward or anything, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: So is it okay if I just say I don't need to know your pronouns.
Speaker 3: I just want to know your name.
Speaker 7: I don't think that's a I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't cause Rob dropped out of school. I don't even know what a pronoun mean. So just give me your name.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the noun is. I don't know what a verb.
Speaker 4: Just give me your name, and that's what I'm gonna call you. If you if you're a gay woman, you want to be called big dick? Will it big dick? Willy?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 6: You know fa fact?
Speaker 3: So keep telling me fu I'm never fished.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you so, I'm straight off the US D A food step ten years ago, I supposed to be fat, so I ate good and when I did not buy with my food step, I stole or broach your parents' check.
Speaker 3: So I've been fat alone time now, as.
Speaker 6: I learned that from Big Bank. When she was here, she actually called it the f work.
Speaker 3: The ef work, their work, all right.
Speaker 4: She can be offended me is I And I'm not talking about it, but I'm just saying you is what you is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, how you're gonna be offended to be called fat? When you fat? I'm fat.
Speaker 4: I'm thick that they never said that word. That word was forbidden in her household, in her household.
Speaker 3: But not at the grocery store.
Speaker 1: But but it's forbidden in my household.
Speaker 3: Niggay in your house?
Speaker 9: Fat when a little kid, I feel like when little kids say fat, that's what the little kids call you, fast because you know what our kids, your kids.
Speaker 3: Can't your kids.
Speaker 4: Ain't nobody fat in your house, just skinny ass fat, nice kind family. I've been looking at y'all, said all them niggas zeros over there, y'all be in the car, in this car, I see your family in the seat. They don't take up my family get in my car. My family can't even ride in my way cause they asked me hanging over the sea.
Speaker 3: I mean, you are you? You can't you?
Speaker 4: I mean saying fact could hurt people feeling saying fat to me, I don't give because I'm gonna fire back. I'm gonna easily go to your faith page and see the kid, and I'm gonna drag the ship out.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna drag your whole family. So if you call me fat, don't hurt me. I know what I am. I'm not. I'm not fat.
Speaker 4: Well, I put the ordering up under my stomach. I'm not that type of fat. I'm not baby piled of fat. Yeah, but I sweat after.
Speaker 6: About the SNAP benefits? Right? Are you asking her? Because she understands you do at least I do tell people what that means for.
Speaker 8: People to have this SNAP benefits taken away, man, especially around the goddamn holidays.
Speaker 4: You know, I was just talking to my assistant and there I said, you know, I see people in the grocery sto celebrating that people don't have SNAP. And you know, nobody actually be born into a family a poverty. Nobody actually be born into a family of needs when you out there picking that, you can't fought the kids for having.
Speaker 3: A parents that need the program.
Speaker 4: So when you out here celebrating somebody not eat, that child is who you hurting that? That child is who gonna go to school hungry like I did.
Speaker 3: I grew up on foodstamp.
Speaker 4: There was so many times we ran out of food and I couldnot wait till Monday morning so I can get that breakfast at school or ma mama food stamp to kick in on the third. Nobody's thinking about the kids and this So what you might think that the mama selling the foodstack of the mamas a hood rat, But one thing I do know by being a hood rat mama, no matter how much you sell on Foodstown, you gonna put a little bit back for grocery and that little grocery is gonna feed that child for a certain amount of days. So while you out here celebrating, you're hurting a kid that don't have shit to do with the family that they was born into. It's not their fault and you want to take that from them, which would give me flashback and it hurts my feelings. It actually made me I'm looking for a food bank. What I found one in my community to give food to, because nobody ever think about that child. I mean, I was a child with raggedy clothes. I was a child who had to get the Thanksgiving bag skin from school. I was a child that went to school raggedy, didn't have nothing. But you gonna you making it their fault. It's not their fault. You know, everybody can't be born to you. Sure everybody can't be born to me.
Speaker 3: But you know, but I had it rough. And those are the people that you heard. And that's when I'm talking.
Speaker 4: When I'm on my social media talking, she'd be like, oh, you need to stay out of politics. I said, what the hell do I need to stay out of politics when I pay a shit ton of taxes? And I was once those people that you're talking about. I moved ten years from being on Section eight in food stamps. So I will never forget when I had custead of my sister kids and I was working at Walmart and I had to get food stamps and how that helped out. That twelve hundred dollars I got for raising eight kids still were not enough, but I had to make it.
Speaker 3: Do what they do.
Speaker 4: So when you're talking about snap out here, Fuck the mama, forget the daddy. Think about that child and that household that needed more than anything that you out here celebrate that they're not gonna be able to eat because you think their parents are getting their hair done, or you think their parents are not doing what they're supposed to do. Nobody ever looked behind that pair and see the old hunger kid. So what is six kids on welfare? Well, hell, you're taking my money building the ball room. You're taking my money doing dumb crafds. And let me just say this, They've been doing this for years. The Congress have been doing this for years, taking all money making their lives better. But one thing I can say, I've never seen a president that take that took like they're doing the shit he doing. Now, you had your little racist president, but they still were gonna tricker down and get a little black folks, they little help in here and there. And not only that, you cut off program to help people with their electricity. You cut off program to help people with their lights.
Speaker 3: Do you know how? And people's like, well, how is it affecting you?
Speaker 4: I might live in a fifteen thousand square foot house and it had not hit me, and it hadn't hit you, and it hadn't hit you, and it probably hadn't hit you.
Speaker 3: But it hit the people that I talked to on a daily basis.
Speaker 4: They hit my friends when they cannot pay their bills, and I'm the only friend that they can call and say, can you give me a little bit of help?
Speaker 3: It hit my family.
Speaker 4: You know how many people I had to go help since this crap has been going on. And I don't put that on social media because it's none of your damn business.
Speaker 3: I don't do it for lights.
Speaker 4: I do it because I love the people that I'm helping. But so many of my friends are struggling behind it. And some of them don't even get snapped, some of them don't lost their jobs. Those are the things that you got to think about when you out here celebrating on this bullshit. Because let me tell you something, It's coming to all dough nexts. It's coming to all dose nexts. It's not I can walk in the grocery store, I'm blessed and not look twice at a price. I'm okay, But Nigga, in the last week, I've been looking like damn butter Coast this much.
Speaker 3: Let me go back to Q Puny.
Speaker 4: I literally say I gotta go back to Q pony because I got so many people that needs my help.
Speaker 6: Hey, what about when you walk out the grocery do and somebody trying to rob you for your grocery. It's gonna come to that, It's gone.
Speaker 3: Let me say this to you, when when when you take from the poor, they gonna get it. I've been that person.
Speaker 4: I've been that person that ran out of the store with lookal, I've been that person that ran out of the store with balloona and and that other stuff.
Speaker 3: You think they stealing?
Speaker 4: Now you think they're stealing now you said, I don't know if y'all notice this morning Walmart telling kirkis turn Snap back on because they get they get a tax break and they and they revenue with a point some billion dollars a month a year or some ship that they get from people using snap in Walmart. So it's not just affecting us, it's affecting them too because that was free money they was getting.
Speaker 7: Also that the Democrats don't cave, I do hold that. Have you seen those care prices?
Speaker 6: But they're going up anywhere, So you need going up anyway.
Speaker 7: So what's gonna happen because of the Big Beautiful Bill.
Speaker 6: They're going up anywhere.
Speaker 3: But I feel like if they don't cave, is it still gonna go up.
Speaker 6: Yes, they go up anyway because of the the Big Beautiful.
Speaker 7: Bill holds they the same prices.
Speaker 6: Yes they are. They've already spiked in some place.
Speaker 1: The lady says, you have to pay.
Speaker 2: She was paying like three fifty a month and now she got to pay two thousand a month for health care.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you that, how do you how do you so you do you choose health care? Do you choose to eat?
Speaker 6: You choose to eat?
Speaker 3: You choose it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna happen. They're not going to take health care.
Speaker 2: And then they're only gonna go to the doctor when they when it's something, when they have to go for when they die. I feel like they're going to have to do home remedies.
Speaker 8: Yes, the healthcare is gonna go up anyway because the Big Beautiful Bill didn't include the.
Speaker 6: Extension of the tax credits to keep the cost down. So it's it's going they're.
Speaker 3: Trying to get That's what they're trying to get the extension. That's the whole.
Speaker 6: So it's going up anywhere.
Speaker 4: So well, what I'm saying, if they get it, it won't go up. What you mean, I mean if the Democrats don't cave, if the Demo Democrats.
Speaker 8: Don't care because of the big beautiful bill that it didn't include the extension of the.
Speaker 3: Aren't they fighting for them to put the instittion in a big, big beauty.
Speaker 6: The premiums hold for a year, like it goes up, and it's gonna hold for you up until the election.
Speaker 9: This is what I'm saying that and people he gonna that man is gonna make everything fall on itself.
Speaker 8: The premiums are set for a year at this point. So it's like, right now what the Democrats holding on for?
Speaker 9: Because next year, I feel like if it's this, then it's gonna be something else. It's gonna be something else. It's gonna be something else. He's always gonna find a way to manipulate so that everybody gives up whatever it is that makes that's but.
Speaker 1: It's so many people that's not getting.
Speaker 6: But it is a choice.
Speaker 8: I saw with Jabit the other day, Jake tablet as him a simple question he said, you're acknowledging that it's a choice between healthcare and people not being able to take care of their media needs.
Speaker 7: Right now, right now, that's the point.
Speaker 4: So it is.
Speaker 9: But that's exactly what he wanted the choice to be, so that then we would get rid of health care. Then it's gonna be something else. There's gonna be something else. There's gonna be something else, so that we can always have to make the choice. Gotta make the choice.
Speaker 3: That's how it was.
Speaker 4: But this is all to hell the poor too. I mean, this is to just to kill the poor, you know, make it. I guess they just want to wipe it white.
Speaker 3: And I keep asking.
Speaker 4: I even asked my white friends. I said, can you tell your white relatives if this country was all white?
Speaker 3: Well, what y'all gonna eat? Stadium hot dogs? Why people ain't got no food? But you know what really pisses me off when I.
Speaker 4: See them sitting in Mexican restaurants when I and I want to ask them, is this how you feel?
Speaker 3: I mean, tell me how you feel?
Speaker 4: You sitting up here, you know, all the good season to ask me. You know, you can't get at the house. And I be wanting to ask them that they couldn't come in my same way they used to hate niggas and then listen to that can Call album.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing they couldn't dance.
Speaker 8: To l G B t Q legislation all got secret boyfriends, Joe when you're right right, especially for somebody like this, just in general, because I love that no more. I don't know why that's still not on Broadway right now. But are you trying to entertain here or or make people feel uncomfortable all.
Speaker 4: Of the Oh yeah, he wants you to feel uncomfortable. He wants you to cry, and if you if you're another race, he wants you to get upset.
Speaker 3: He wants you to think. He always want you to think.
Speaker 4: And if you watch this season of The Mispast Shore, then where I bust sack around at oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah yeah. So like he would be in my ear and he would keep pushing me and pushing me.
Speaker 4: And my thing is that you know, I had kids really young, been through a lot, and he would just keep pushing me until I break down.
Speaker 3: Because my mama is one of the biggest.
Speaker 4: People in my life. I can say that did me like shit, did not protect me you know, let me get less. Just treated me like shit and thought I made me think I was not love and he know that that's my trigger point and he would be in my ill just going on about my mama Mildred to the point where this season when it comes out, you know, see what okay with season four where your mama I hate her? And I had never said I hated my mama out loud. I've forgiven my mama because I realized it was a generation to curse. You know, everything that happened to my mama, she allowed to happen to me, and so I forgive her because she didn't know no better. But I still have to live with the things that she allowed that happened to me that I didn't allow to happen to my kids.
Speaker 3: I don't know why my daughter game.
Speaker 6: And it's like.
Speaker 4: You knows.
Speaker 9: Anything that's that's that's the crux of like everything that I do and whatever I'm writing, I never like try to write from a place of like, oh I got a message I want to get out. It's usually because I have questions within myself that I got to figure out within myself, Like even with this new play or every day it was really like it took me seven years to write it because I had to grow.
Speaker 7: Sometimes I feel like it's artists.
Speaker 9: We're giving things that were not yet mature enough to give out into the earth, which is why I'm like, I can't do that microwave arct Sometimes you got to do that crock pile right where it's falling off the bone, you.
Speaker 6: Know what I mean.
Speaker 9: And I feel like I had to learn through a happy day that happiness was a choice that took forever for me to learn.
Speaker 7: The idea that like it was up to me to.
Speaker 4: Choose, don't get Season four of the Court Show is out, Yes, yes, it's come, it's out, so and that was me and Jordan idea and we teamed up with four ninety five and we made it happen so nice.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, like I gotta go back to what Georgia said, So, Joe, what does radical black joy look like to you right now?
Speaker 6: And how do you protect it in a business that profits all black men?
Speaker 7: Come on, right now, it looks like protecting ourselves.
Speaker 9: It looks like discovering radical spaces for us to like actually gather and actually have joy, because right now I feel like we're in a town where everybody wants to do everything on social media, but we forget that the people who own social media were at their inauguration. The people who own these platforms were at the inauguration. So they're like kind of rooting for our downfall. So we have to go back to creating gathering spaces for ourselves. It looks like, you know, dancing by yourself and looking at yourself in the mirror and say, damn, I'm fine, you know what I mean. It looks like a soul train line. It looks like like like a cookout where with some good aspectato salt and some good ass fried chicken. It looks like all of us coming together and reminding ourselves of our worth and our power and a time when we're being told that we are worthless, you.
Speaker 3: Know, literally, because we cared about each other.
Speaker 7: That's sometimes I ain't gonna hold you.
Speaker 9: Sometimes when I feel bad about what's going on right now, I'll go back and watch Roots.
Speaker 7: I'd be like, damn, at least there and then and then we.
Speaker 9: Want that that power, whatever that strength is that they had, because I always get pissed off forever people are like, I'm not my answers, is I beat your ass. I'm not as weak as them, but actually they were. They were the strongest of the strongest to make it over on the Middle Passage and to get through months and months of starvation and rape and beatings, and you had to be literally the physically the strongest of the strongest.
Speaker 7: So that's who we are descendants of.
Speaker 9: And we have to remind ourselves of that in moments like this, in a dark moment in our country where it seems like nothing is coming for us, the future is bleak, we have to remind.
Speaker 7: Us ourselves that all that's built in us, we already have it, you know.
Speaker 9: And as far as protecting it and these kind of situations in the Hollywood of it all, it's really just like writing from an authentic place and knowing that the audience that will get it will get it. Like even with a Happy Day right now, it was the same thing with Ain't No mo It's like it's a very specific play for a very specific audience, you know, a very specific black audience. But they don't always know when a play is happening, you know what I mean, Like you said, I didn't know that was happening.
Speaker 7: They don't always know what is happening.
Speaker 9: So then what happens is you write this black ass material and the seats are filled with mainly white people, and all the jokes and all the things and everything just goes over their head. So it's like it's important for us to find gathering spaces like that as well.
Speaker 8: So yeah, that's I think the only people that can say Broadway is black people. I go to a lot of Broadway plays, you know what I'm saying. But the energy that was around Hamilton that ain't no mores, even the Outsiders right now that got black cast and.
Speaker 6: It wicked like stuff like it gotta be diversity on.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna watch anything if my people is not in it, not even a TV show. I need at least one person that represents me. And when it feels an all white show, I just I'm not interested because I won't because if you support those things and those shows continue to do well, they're never gonna give all actors any work. They're gonna say, well, this is what like when we was little, they told you, hey, this is how American family is.
Speaker 3: The Brady Bunch. Well we won't growing up like no Brady bunch, that ship won't real.
Speaker 4: Then the Jefferson, I mean, then a good time's come along you, Oh, somebody who represent where I come from. So you know, I just I don't if you don't have anything that represent me and now my people, I don't watch it and.
Speaker 6: It's I don't understand either.
Speaker 8: And we had these conversations about TV and film, We had all of that in the nineties and it was super six.
Speaker 6: What happened?
Speaker 7: They built it on our backs and then they got rid of us.
Speaker 9: That's what it's just like they deal with a lot of living single and then you got friends and then you you know what I mean. It's like a lot of times it's it's like they want us to be the ones to build it up, and then they get rid of us like this.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you're watching TV right now, but it's white.
Speaker 3: It's it's and I think it has a lot to do a lot of black sl for.
Speaker 9: Real, And I think it has a lot to do with the political They want to move to wherever the political climate is. So we have to be the ones once again making sure that we're protecting our black joy and our safe faces that support black art.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know I have the key too.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: Black people don't be supporting like this should.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they talk about it, you know. And I had to tell people this one miss past show came out. They was like, oh my god, this is not a representation of my family. And then Drum would get mad at me because I would go online. I said, look, bitch, I don't know you. If this don't click with you, then move the fuck on because I'm going for people who gets me. And then eventually by the second seaton, oh my god, I love this show. But I was like, you never see white people online beating down white shows if they don't like them. They don't like but we quick to tell you we don't like something that black people create. And now I tell people, I say, you black people listening today, y'all never go to the loeu of Vauton or Gucci and say you don't like that crap. You just don't buy it or you can't afford to buy. But as soon as a black person put out a product, you kills it. Instead of just saying or inboxing a person telling them what you don't like about, you go public and want to destroy the black person from out from inside. I never could plain about black product. If you sell me something that I don't like, I keep my mouth shut. One you're black. Two, I hope you succeee. Three I ain't gonna buy you shit no more. But I'm not gonna talk about you publicly because white people don't do that shit. You never see white people on Lie Dog in our white shows. But let a black show come along. Even if I don't like a black show, I would let it play in the black background because you black.
Speaker 9: I want to say this one thing about the Mispastor and why Miss Patty so revolutionary is in that sitcom too. It's because, like when we shot that pilot, like we said, that's not something that you normally see on TV. When we shot that pilot, we shot it in la and we shot it on the same sound stage as Julia. I don't know if y'all know what Julia is, but that that was a Diane Carroll show that in the sixth seieson, and that was the first time that a black woman was on television where she wasn't playing a maid, she was actually playing a nurse. And she had she was a single mother, She had a son and my mom had a Julia dog that was big that we shot on the exact same sounds ages Julia and Diane Carroll was known for saying that she wasn't a fan of that show in the sixties because she felt like she had to play a white Negro.
Speaker 7: She felt like she had to play a palatable black woman for this audience.
Speaker 9: So I remember that we were a Debbie Allen directed our pilot, and I remember she was like, Jordan, you want to go to work with me one day? And I was like yeah. She was like, well, on the way there, I gotta go. I gotta stop and go say goodbye to Diane Carroll. I was like about it, Daran Carroll, and she stopped in front of this apartment building and she went upstairs and she came down, little tears in her eyes, and said, all right, let's go to work. I realized that Diane Carroll was passing away and we were going to work on the same sound stage as Julia, and we were doing the complete opposite of this palatable black woman.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And that just felt like so cosmic in a really beautiful way. So I feel like I'm proud of the work that we five seasons is crazy.
Speaker 5: But I'm very proud of Jordan. You You're so young doing this, doing what you do.
Speaker 4: I think this is it's dope, and I'm glad that you did not let anybody steal your joy on your way, you know, during your journey, because you're too young, because you're what they call what they call it green in the like. You know, I love that you gotta learn to stick to and I know if you got to get home and see about your family because you're trying to go.
Speaker 1: But this did y'all.
Speaker 8: Know I was I was.
Speaker 1: Attacking.
Speaker 3: I forget what the I won't say because I got mental palls.
Speaker 8: No, it was not talking about and he said you used to go hungry.
Speaker 6: At some point you started eating and couldn't stop after That.
Speaker 3: Keeps my ass from the front about is crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he was asking about season five. I think that's no.
Speaker 3: She was talking about about green and oh yeah, look, I don't know.
Speaker 4: But then you know, Jordan has been awesome and I just I love him, you know, And I don't know if we will ever do another project together. But Jordan has gotten me over so many mental hamps where I thought I couldn't do it, and he put it in me that I could do it. I mean, I couldn't act with ship and he never said you couldn't act, but he's like, you need some help, you know, And it was it was. It was such a joy working with somebody who don't judge you, who instead of putting you.
Speaker 3: Down, they was they.
Speaker 4: He came along and fixed the things that were broken with me, and he understood me from the front, from the beginning, and that is hard to do.
Speaker 3: And you want, you want to know something. Every time I.
Speaker 4: Get a project, I want Jordan on it. But I know I can't help Jordan on it because he don't need.
Speaker 3: To be on it.
Speaker 4: You know, we've learned from each other and we can go off onto the world and make our own thing. But he's my comfort zone. And every time he was like, well who you want to write? It in my mind goes Jordan and other like bitch Lee Jordan alone. He's creating gay plays and all of this other.
Speaker 6: But think about the.
Speaker 3: Ord And I try to tell him out, uh uh, what's what's.
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: What's a guy named Adam sound And.
Speaker 4: What I loved about Ali Sounder He put on his Adam Sounder whatever.
Speaker 3: You know what I loved about him. He put everybody on, and every time he got a project, he continued to put his friends on and they all got rich together. And that's what I be telling Joyd.
Speaker 4: I said, even though, if you don't come back and use me, use those writers that we start with, use.
Speaker 3: Though, because they understand you.
Speaker 4: So keep your people clothes that understand you and continue to build.
Speaker 3: And that's that's the only thing I ever asked him for.
Speaker 4: I said, I know, I'll be trying to tell you need to let me be execuve, producing on show up and just help me get a check.
Speaker 7: But he was.
Speaker 3: Everybody else do it common people who have shows put my kids on. They be like, put your kids on, and they won't even put my kids on. If you ask me to put somebody on, I'm gonna put them on, because.
Speaker 7: If they're good at their job, you're not just giving random people.
Speaker 9: Because one time we did that and we had to remember they had to let somebody go that same day.
Speaker 3: But oh yeah, but he was on.
Speaker 4: But were as we in this industry, we gotta start looking out for each other because so many times you go on these sets and they white when people come to make like, God damn yo said it's black gay Puerto Rican.
Speaker 3: All kind of people came women camera. I don't play, I do not. I have picklem and joy and get on me. Be like you being every damn to port me. You would not watch the.
Speaker 4: Mispass show in the week is done wrong because miss Pat don't Walter run that touch that way? Hey, more glue, more jam mo something, because I care about everybody. On this season, we had an episode about Ice and the Mexican lady and they just threw the makeup on them and I was like, why she greasy? And they was like, well that's how I said, that's not how they look pretty. And I took the makeup people. I said, you're gonna fucking fix her face and they fixed it, because why am I'm looking good and background not looking good?
Speaker 7: Not on my show.
Speaker 4: Everybody gonna get fat and everybody gonna look good and everybody.
Speaker 3: Gonna work popping up.
Speaker 6: Bit.
Speaker 3: Yes it is, it is, Yes, it is that baby, it's a buffer over there. It ain't. None of that means bab bad. They barbecue every day in the back of that set.
Speaker 6: Why the black makeup ball thought Mexicans was greasy, right, I don't know.
Speaker 9: I think it was that it was the problem because a lot of times with camera makeup, it looks good off camera, but then when you get on camera you' be.
Speaker 4: Like whoa yes, and so to me, I don't think they saw it off camera, but when when you put them lights on it, she was very greased, and I was like, why you got her looking like? That's like what I said? No, I said, come on baby, and she was a backup. I said, come on baby, we're gonna fix this. And I never told her she agrees. I said, they need to touch you up.
Speaker 6: Did she speak English?
Speaker 3: She spoke English?
Speaker 4: But then what you weren't gonna make her look like that? Because every I want everybody to look good. I want everybody to look back on my show and be happy about how they look. I care about everybody.
Speaker 3: I can't, we can't. We can't tell you.
Speaker 7: But it's crazy.
Speaker 9: It's so crazy that we didn't know if they was gonna let us err it.
Speaker 10: Is.
Speaker 7: It's wild.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for us this morning.
Speaker 3: I love you, Charlamagne. You're gonna get into Congress. We need you when you're gonna become a congressman. Old. Well, we need you, Charlamagne. You're very intelligent. You smart.
Speaker 4: If I had half the knowledge that you had, I would be out there like Jammer Crockett, cutting them, cutting the no.
Speaker 6: From pspective perspective.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I ain't got time.
Speaker 8: See, I'm not tell me that she text me all the time, you like I told you you the next and Andrew Gillim, I think you.
Speaker 1: Did great out the.
Speaker 6: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Jordany.
Speaker 6: I'm coming to see happy that you said week.
Speaker 7: Yees last week.
Speaker 6: I'm coming this week.
Speaker 3: Can I give a shout out to somebody I know? Shout out?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: Can I give a shout out to Carlos Miller from eighty.
Speaker 4: Five doing up my husband Old schools nineteen seventy. I'm coming to your damn car Colos don Hook. We got a seventy and a seventy two and Carlos redid them bitches. I don't know what color it is, brown and one white striping other than white with the browns. It's on yat bitch is bad coins Miller. My two calls up for my husband and we coming to light skin cos.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 8: Hold up every day, I wake up, pack your glass, up the breakfast club.
Speaker 7: You're finished, y'all.
Speaker 6: Dune h