Speaker 1: Welcome. It is verdicuous.
Speaker 2: Senator Ted Cruz Ben Ferguson with you, Senator, there is a big war going on when it comes to free speech, not just in this country but around the world, and real concerns about what could happen with Harris in charge in this country.
Speaker 3: Free speech is under assault. In the United Kingdom, they are going after they are sentencing people to jail for their social media posts. They are threatening to take that enforcement to America to go after Americans. And I'll tell you what is really terrifying. As Kamala Harris and Tim Waltz are radicals and zealots when it comes to free speech, We're gonna break down just how extreme their record is. This is the most anti free speech ticket that has ever run. At the same time, Kamala Harris's campaign have decided on a new strategy. She is gonna run as Donald Trump. Suddenly Kamala Harris wants to secure the border. Suddenly Kamala Harris loves her some fracking. And suddenly Kamala Harris has a brand new idea she cooked up just on her own, with no help from anybody else, no taxes on tips. We're going to talk about how they're trying to gaslight the American people, and we're going to contrast it with Kamala Harris and Tim Waltz's radical, extreme record. As I said, they are the most extreme ticket ever nominated by a major party.
Speaker 4: We're going to break that down right now.
Speaker 2: Things I never thought i'd hear you say that Kamala Harris is actually going to be Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: But it is weird when you watch it.
Speaker 2: I want to tell you real quick about our friends over at Patriot Mobile. If you are a conservative and you're just sick and tired of giving your money to companies that fight against your values, well then you really need to take a look at your cell phone provider right now. I'm proud to partner with Patriot Mobile because they're on the frontline fighting for our First and our Second amendments, the sanctity of life, as well as our military, our first responder heroes and are wounded warriors. You can take a stand and stand with a conservative company that's fighting for our values. They make sure that every time you pay your bill, they take about five percent of that bill at no extra cost to you, and they give it back to the causes that.
Speaker 1: You want to support.
Speaker 2: Now, you're going to get the same nationwide coverage that you're getting right now because Patriot Mobile operates on all three major networks, mean the same towers you're using right now. Plus then when you pay that bill, you know you're sitting up for what you believe in. Switching has also never been easier. They have one hundred percent US based customer service team that will find the best plan for your needs and many times save you money. Plus you keep your same number you've got now, keep your same phone or upgrade to a new one now right now, go to Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict. That's Patriotmobile dot com slash verdict, or call them nine to seven to two Patriot and you're going to get a free month when you use the offer code verdict Patriotmobile dot com slash vertict. Are nine to seven to two Patriot and get a free month. We use the offer code verdict today center. This is very interesting, I also think shocking and concerning to see what is happening in the UK. They are, as you mentioned in the opening, not only like spying on people looking at what they're putting online, but then deciding, hey, we don't like that, we may charge you with crimes and put you in jail.
Speaker 1: And people are actually going to jail in the UK for this.
Speaker 4: Well, that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: It is frightening in the United Kingdom now that they've decided that if you post something they don't like, they will arrest you and they'll put you in jail. I want you to listen to this British judge as he's sentencing this poor brit to twenty months in jail. Twenty months, that's almost two years for a Facebook post. He posted something on Facebook. The British government didn't like it. They sent him to jail.
Speaker 4: Have a listen.
Speaker 5: You have been committed for sentence having pleaded guilty to an offense of publishing written material which is threatening, abusive or insulting, intending thereby to stir up racial hatred. The context of your offending is that it arises out of the civil unrest and disorder in many parts of the United Kingdom. On the night of the second and third of August, the Britannia Hotel in Leeds was attacked by people who through missiles which damaged windows. The police were called and on the third of August the hotel was locked down for the protection of those who were living there. At the time, there were two hundred and ten occupants, many of whom were foreign refugees and asylum seekers. Similar attacks to the hotel were launched on the fourth of August. The police attended on each occasion and units were deployed to safeguard the hotel and to provide an increase in the police presence in the area. In between the two attacks, you took to social media in order to encourage others towards participation in the attacks upon the hotel. As is recognized on your behalf, this offense is so serious that an immediate custodial sentence is unavoidable. Would you stand please. The sentence that I pass has been reduced by one third to reflect your guilty plea. The sentence is one of twenty months imprisonment. You will serve up to one half of your sentence in custody before you are released in light on license. If you fail to abide by the conditions of your license, you can be returned to prison to serve some or all of the remainder of the custodial term. The victim surcharge will apply and I will make a collection order.
Speaker 2: Two things are shocking there. One at the beginning he said what you said was categorizing. He gave a list, but then he used the word insulting. So you can now go to jail because you post something that is insulting.
Speaker 1: And then he.
Speaker 2: Also says, by the way, you better be glad that you pled guilty, which reduced your sentence by one third, which was still as you mentioned, twenty months, almost two years.
Speaker 1: This is in the UK, not in Russia.
Speaker 3: So and I will say so this is one of the videos. Every video we do, every pod we do is released on audio. About a third of the pods are also on video. This is one of the ones that's on video. So if you're not watching on YouTube, if you're watching on YouTube, you saw the guy. And I got to say, first of all, the image. If you're just listening to it, go watch it. He's wearing a red robe. He's got a white wig on.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, by the way, you'd look damn fine in one of those. You can carry it off, you.
Speaker 4: Know, just a little bit menagement with you.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be some bet one day where I have to host verdict with a white wig off.
Speaker 3: And look he's sitting there. It is now an a fence. Apparently to to post something that that that that that could be insulting. So you know, apparently if if you play the uh, you know, play a song from Hamilton where King George is portrayed as a defeat looking wig wearing limey bastard, then apparently that's that that that could be justifiable if it's inciting of hate.
Speaker 2: Yes, and what if someone just decides they don't like a person online, they say, oh, they incited me to do this, and that's why I went out and did this.
Speaker 1: Therefore, go after that guy.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm curious, what do you think of the odds that the Brits will enforce that against say, a radical Islamic cleric who's calling for Jahad to quote you zero percentage zero no, no, no no no, you're not allowed. By the way, when people are pointing out the violence that is occurring in Britain, if you actually point out that you have because of massive immigration into Britain, you have violence, many from people who are engaged in acts of radical Islamic terrorism. This law is being enforced not to stop the violence, but to stop someone from pointing out who's committing it. It is literally you know, George Orwell was British, and I gotta say Orwell wouldn't be surprised he predicted this in nineteen eighty four, the judge saying, not saying, we will stop you from pointing something out. We will silence you and erase any narrative contrary to the regime.
Speaker 2: And by the way, this is a threat not just against people that are versuists. There is also a threat of going to jail if you're a foreigner who happens to offend them as well.
Speaker 3: Oh come on, I love the Brits too much that they would never threaten to violate the First Amendment of the Constitution with They never never.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want you to listen to this.
Speaker 3: Police chief from England explaining that he's coming after you. He's coming after Americans. He's going to cross the pond here he comes.
Speaker 4: Give a listen.
Speaker 6: We will throw the false horse at the law of people. And whether you're in this country committing crimes on the streets or committing crimes from further afield online, we will come after.
Speaker 5: You about that.
Speaker 7: Because we have seen some high profile figures whipping up the hatred. He talked about it in there with the Offices, in fact about this being added to bioline commentary. I mean, I'm even thinking of the likes of Elon Musk getting involved. What are you considering when it comes to dealing with people they're whipping up this kind of behavior from behind a keyboard, maybe in a different country.
Speaker 6: Being a keyboard warrior does not make you safe from the law. You can be guilty offenses of incitement stirring up racial hatred. There are numerous terrorist offenses regarding the publishing of material. All of those offenses are in play if people are provoking hatred and violence on the streets, and we will come after those individuals, just as we will physically confront on the streets the folks and the obs who are taking who are causing the promise for communities.
Speaker 2: I love the part at the end, and for people that aren't getting to watch this, there's a slide that was up at the end this report, and it's a warning that happened like on X warning people be careful what you post because if you post something we don't like, you may go to jail and then ex owner Elon Musk who who I just I love you on every time I see him just clap back like this made ways when he responded to footage of someone allegedly arrested for offensive online comments by asking.
Speaker 1: Is this Britain or this Soviet Union? Now?
Speaker 2: To be clear, in an article quote, the crackdown on social media includes a threat by the British government to extra dight American citizens from the US to be jailed in the UK for violating the rules.
Speaker 1: About political free speech.
Speaker 2: So this is my question, Center, if I tweet something in America about the UK, could they then come after me based on what they're now saying because that offended somebody in the UK.
Speaker 3: Well, to be clear, the Chinese communists claim the power to do that. Dictators across the world claim the power to do that. I am sanctioned in communist China right now. They have sanctioned me. Congratulations, I'm quite proud of that.
Speaker 1: What did you do?
Speaker 4: I don't even know.
Speaker 3: I've probably called the murdering, tyrannical communist bastards. But I'm sanctioned in China. I think I'm also sanctioned in Iran. I can't quite that's a good US. I can't quite keep up, and I think the Russians also. But it's hard to keep up with how many oppressive regimes have sanctioned me. But you know what, I never thought I'd put the Brits on that list. You know, I've joked Heidi and I Heidi, I like to say Heidi and I are a mixed marriage. She's a Francophile, I'm an Anglo Phile. I love the Brits. Yeah, and it breaks my heart. Look, the Magna Carta is on fire. The United Kingdom led the world in championing liberty. But let me point out that any britt that wants to extradite an American, and by the way, Elon Musk is an American citizen. You want to come after Elon, you better come through me and the rest of us first. You know, we did have a little disagreement with the UK. It was, it was minor. It was in a year called seventeen seventy six. They tried to tax our tea.
Speaker 2: By the way, I just want to go back in history make sure yeah we did, OKAYI did.
Speaker 4: They try to tax our tea.
Speaker 3: We threw that stuff of the Boss and Harbor we pulled out our muskets and we whipped their ass and became free. And the idea that they would claim, look, look it actually it's sad. It it great nations rise and fall.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: The United Kingdom has been incredibly important for liberty worldwide. And by the way, I could see some lefty picking this little exchange and saying, oh, but the Brits were slave traders. And it is true the United Kingdom there their biggest industry for a period of time was the slave trade until incredible heroes like William Wilberforce led the fight to abolish the slave trade in the United Kingdom. The UK has a great history of fighting for liberty. Is it perfect? No, But but whether it it is winning World War One and World War Two with America's mighty help. Look, there is a reason why in my own office in the Senate, I have three busts in my office. I have Ronald Reagan, I have Doctor Martin Luther King Junior, and I have Winston Churchill because Churchill was an extraordinary leader. And by the way, if I were to put a fourth bust up, I might put Margaret Thatcher up. I mean two of the British leaders have been among the most extraordinary leaders the world has ever known, and yet to see where the UK is now. It's heartbreaking that there's an arrogance and also a loss of fundamental identity, a loss of who we.
Speaker 1: Are, and that worries me.
Speaker 2: For this standpoint in America right now, I don't think we're that far off from this. I worry about what freedom speech in this country. I go back just over the last six seven, eight years. You know, you couldn't post an article about Hunter Biden's laptop, right that was something that like, oh no, no, that's not real. We had people in our that were supposed to trust in our in our CIA directors and others that came out and signed a letter knowing they were lying to the American people, and there was no accountability, for example, for that saying oh this is something that has the markings of Russians. I mean, you look at what's happening this country a free speech. I don't think we're that far off, especially if you look at Harris and what she says as well.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: And I want to demonstrate that because look, the most important part of this podcast is underscoring you know a few years ago if I would have said, uh, the UK is going to lock people up for making social media posts, you probably would have dismissed that has come on that that that they still respect individual liberty too much to do that, and now they're doing it. We are very close to that in today's Democrat Party. In the last few years one of the greatest concerns I've had.
Speaker 4: Is the Democrat Party.
Speaker 3: There used to be principled, passionate defenders of free speech and the Democrat Party. They don't exist anymore. And today's Democrats have decided that free speech the First Amendment, is incompatible with their desire to control you and to silence speech they don't like. And today's Democrats being in bed with big tech, they view it as a machinery of censorship and oppression because power matters more to them than free speech. You know, there's a great article Jonathan Turley, the great law professor, wrote just a few days ago in The Hill and it's entitled, Harris Waltz administration would be a nightmare for free speech. And I want you to look at Kamala Harrison Tim Waltz's record on free speech, because this is the most extreme and radical record on free speech of any ticket that has ever run for president with a major party. So you look at Joe Biden. Joe Biden has made censorship a critical part of his legacy. He has accused social media companies of quote, killing people. That's Joe Biden for not censoring more so, that's his position. If you don't censor, you're killing people. The administration created an office like quote, the Disinformation Governance Board. Remember, Yeah, the disinformations are led by that wacka who loved musical theater and who had these these bizarre, smarmy singing things on Twitter, who wanted to silence anyone she disagreed with. Thankfully that disbanded because the pushback was was so significant. But I want you to listen to Tim Waltz on MSNBC what he says about free speech. Give a listen.
Speaker 8: Years ago, it was the little things telling people to vote the day after the election, and you know, we kind of brush them off. Now we know it's intimidation at the ballot box. It's it's undermining the idea that mail in ballots aren't legal. I think we need to push back on this. There's no guaranteed of free speech. On misinformed or hate speech, and especially around our democracy, tell the truth, where the voting places are, who can vote, who's able to be there, And I you know, watching some states continue to weaken the protections around the baut I think is what inspiring us to lean into this.
Speaker 9: Again.
Speaker 8: All we're asking is is to make it as easy and simple as possible to exercise their right to vote and participate in our democracy. And I'm in one hundred percent agreement with you. That makes it so that more people are there, you get more opinions brought in, and I think it tempers that extremes that we get because again, I can't imagine someone going and standing in line for eight hours to try and vote and then being told that, you know, maybe the votes didn't count or maybe something Wronger, you have these candidates who lose and are on these ridiculous court cases that they keep bringing up and losing on. Here in Minnesota, we're going to bring faith back into that system. It's already been here. We're very proud that we're near the top in voter turnout, but there's more that we can do.
Speaker 3: So I want you to hear those words, because that is radical. It is idiotic and it is wrong. So here's a quote that he just said. Quote, there's no guarantee to free speech on misinformation or hate speech, and especially around our democracy. Now, that is utter garbage. There is a guarantee of free speech. It's called the First Amendment to the Constitution. It is in the Bill of Rights. And listen to what he said. There's no guarantee on misinformation, by the way, and he said, look at these candidates who filed lawsuits challenging elections. So apparently he wants to go after you and prosecute you if you file a lawsuit challenging an election. And he says, for example, misinformation, He says, we just want to make sure everyone has the right to vote. Well, you know what, mister Waltz, I charge that as misinformation because your party tried to throw Donald Trump off the ballot in Colorado, Illinois, and Maine. You don't just want to make sure everyone has the right to vote when you're trying to stop them from voting for your opponent. And understand, the only reason that didn't succeed is because the Supreme Court unanimously rejected your party's assault on democracy. And when he says I can't imagine waiting eight hours in line to vote and then being told that your vote somehow matters less. Okay, are you planning to prosecute Hillary Clinton when she said that the election where Donald Trump beater was rigged? It is exactly like the Brits. By the way, it is purely one sided. You don't see Tim walt saying We're going to go after some radical Islamic cleric who is promising that you will have seventy two virgins if you just go murder innocent people, if you go murder Jews, that that will be He would not apply it there. What he means is, if you dare say something contrary to the regime, you have no right to free speech. That is dangerous and it's radical and it's wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's something that people need to understand moving forward in this election. This is who they are. Believe them when they tell you they are radical. I've said that over and over again. If you just look and listen to what they're saying, you can see what their plan is.
Speaker 3: And the way, by the way, Waltz is not alone. Let me give you an example. So Stacey Plaskett, who is a Democrat in Congress representing the Virgin Island. She declared, quote, I hope that all members recognize that there is speech that is not constitutionally perspective protected, referencing hate speech in particular, Ben Cardon, Democrat, senator from Maryland, said quote, if you espouse hate, you're not protected under the First Amendment. Now, if he wrote that, he's a lawyer, if he wrote that as a first year law student in constitutional law, he would flunk. That's not even a D answer. That it's an f answer. By the way, Howard Dean, remember former governor Vermont, Democrat, ran for president. Here's what he said. Quote, hate speech is not protected by the First Amendment. By the way, the Supreme Court, it's a famous case, the Skokie case, where they upheld the right of Nazis to march in Skokie, Illinois, because the First Amendment protects the right to speak, even if what you're saying is hateful. And to be clear, I despise Nazis. They are bigoted, evil idiots. The First Amendment protects the right of bigoted, evil idiots to speak their idiocy. And the response, by the way, is not for government to censor them. Not for government to lock them up for twenty months, as they're doing in the United Kingdom. The response is to stand up and say you're Nazis, you're morons. It was a great moment, and raiders are the lost dark when your faces melted because you are evil and foolish. The answer, as John Stuart Mill said, to bad speech, is more speech. And by the way, if you don't want to listen to me on it, listen to the Supreme Court of the United States. Because the position of Tim Waltz, the position of all those democrats I quoted, has been directly refuted. I'm gonna give one example. In the twenty sixteen case of Matal versus tam Here's what the Supreme Court wrote. Quote this position, rather, this position that hate speech is not protected by the First Amendment. Quote strikes at the heart of the First Amendment. Speech that demeans on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, disability, or any other similar ground is hateful. But the proudest boast of our free speech juris prudence is that we protect the freedom to express the thought that we hate. I want you to hear that phrase again. The proudest boast of our free speech jurisprudence is that we protect the freedom to express the thought that we hate. By the way, Mattal versus TAM was a decision that was unanimous. Nobody descended from the judgment. And yet where are the Democrats. Well, let's look at Kamala Harris. Kamala Harris on her disasterbly failed twenty twenty presidential campaign. Here's what she said. She ran on censorship and she pledged quote that her administration will hold social media platforms accountable for the hate infiltrating their platforms because they have a responsibility to help fight against this threat to our democracy. In twenty nineteen, Kamala Harris said directly to Mark Zuckerberg, the lead owner of Facebook, quote, this is not a matter of free speech. This is a matter of holding corporate America and these big tech companies respond and accountable for what they are facilitating. Understand, Kamala Harrison, Tim Waltz. If they win, they intend to go after your free speech. They intend to pressure big tech to censor even more. And what they define as hate is anything contrary to their agenda. So, for example, if you point out, as say hypothetically someone may have in Milwaukee at a speech at the Republican National Convention to the world that every damn day Americans are being murdered, women are being raped, children are being brutalized by illegal aliens. That Kamala Harris is releasing in the world of Kamala Harris and Tim Waltz, that might be deemed misinformation. Why because it's hateful and what do they mean by hateful? It's inconvenient for their political agenda, so they want to censor it. And maybe not far from the Brits, they want to put you in jail for saying it.
Speaker 2: You go back and you think about one thing here. The Democrats have been attacking the Supreme Court recently. They don't like the Supreme Court very much, so just pack it undo.
Speaker 1: That as well.
Speaker 2: It's very interesting how they're playing this out here. It's like anything we don't like we want to get rid of or redo, we want to change it. They're coming after the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, is Supreme Court. The list goes on and on from this team.
Speaker 3: And by the way, you know what Benjamin Franklin said about this. I'm want to give you a quote from Ben Franklin quote in those wretched countries where a man cannot call his tongue his own, he can scarce call anything his own. Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech without freedom of thought. There can be no such thing as wisdom, and no such thing as public liberty without freedom of speech, which is the right of every man. That statement, Ben Franklin. There's a reason Ben Franklin's one hundred dollar bill. There's a reason Ben Franklin sat at the Constitutional Convention the famed Exchange when Franklin walked out of the Constitutional Convention after they drafted the Constitution, and a passerby asked in mister Franklin, what have you given us? And he said, a republic if you can keep it. I will say, with today's radical democrats who have decided free speech is inconvenient to their thirst for power, they're doing everything they can to give up our republic.
Speaker 1: Amen to that.
Speaker 2: I want to tell you about my friends ever blackout coffee. If you're like me and you start your day early, you want to make sure you have a good cup of coffee to start your day. You've got to check out Blackout Coffee, and I'm going to save you some big money right now to try it. Now, this isn't an average cup of coffee. This is a premium cup of coffee. I get on the radio every morning at seven o'clock and I am not going to compromise on that cup of coffee. Not only are they an awesome company, they're a company that supports conservative values. Now, there's a lot of woke liberal coffee comings out there. When I said that, you probably had two or three names pop in your head instantly. That's another reason why I want you to check out Blackout Coffee. Blackout Coffee is one hundred percent committed to conservative values, from the sourcing of the beans to the roasting process, customer support and shipping. They embody true American values and they accept no compromise on taste or quality.
Speaker 1: Now here's the best part.
Speaker 2: Go to Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict and I'm going to save you some serious cash. That's Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict. Use the coupon code Verdict for twenty percent off your first order. Whether you are a traditional coffee drinker or you love flavored coffee. They are both premium and they're amazing. Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict. Be awake, not woke and get a premium cup of coffee every day and get twenty percent off your first order with a promo code Verdict. That's blackout Coffee dot com slash verdict. Can you use cubon code vertict for twenty percent off your first order? Senator, let's look at I think going back after we have the warning of what just happened in the UK, to Harris and Wallace Wells as a ticket. Now, yeah, they are a radical ticket that the Democratic Party has never seen before. I think that's saying something. We've had pretty extremist candidates before they've run. We've never seen a dynamic duo like this where it's almost like they try to one up each other on how extreme they can go.
Speaker 4: Well, Ben, how could that be true.
Speaker 3: I've seen in the news that Kamala Harris was not the borders are that you never had anything to do with the border. I've seen in the news how you know fracking, Gosh, golly, she just loves her some fracking. I've seen in the news now that she has proposals straight from from from Donald Trump's tax plan. I mean, it is amazing how Kamala Harris and Tim Waltz are trying to whitewash their entire record. You go to Kamala Harrison Tim Waltz's website, which I don't advise, but there are no policy positions on it.
Speaker 1: She's gonna have some though.
Speaker 3: I've never seen a presidential campaign website without policy positions. It really is remarkable. And and and and.
Speaker 1: Doing no interviews as well, that's weird.
Speaker 3: And and she's trying to run as the candidate of change as the incumbent.
Speaker 2: In fact, there's a great montage that went viral this week online and I think it goes exactly the point you were making, which is they're constantly changing who they are to try to fit what they think will get elected. Now, this is brilliant.
Speaker 1: Take a look.
Speaker 4: Kamala Harris pretends she wants to fix the broken border, but she has attacked and vilified everyone responsible for enforcing it.
Speaker 9: Clan was what we would call today a domestic terrorist group.
Speaker 10: Are you aware of the perception of many about how the power and the discretion at ice is being used to enforce the laws and do you see any parallels.
Speaker 9: I do not see any parallels between.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about perceptions and eight. Are you aware that there's a perception ICE.
Speaker 9: In the same category as the KKKA.
Speaker 11: We've got to critically re examine ICE and its role and the way that it is being administered and the work it is doing, and we need to probably think about starting from scratch.
Speaker 5: I was the chief of the barbatroal.
Speaker 4: I commanded twenty one thousand people.
Speaker 7: I've never had one conversation with the president or the vice president for that matter.
Speaker 1: That's a problem.
Speaker 12: Jensaki, Vice President Kamala Harris others have seized on this photo of a border patrol agent on a horse in del Rear over the weekend. They say visuals were horrific.
Speaker 11: In their words, I was outraged by it, and it's to be consequence and accountability. It also evolved images of some of the worst moments of our history where that kind of behavior has been used against the indigenous people of our country, has been used against African Americans during times of slavery at and.
Speaker 13: That is just blatantly false. First off, these agents don't have whips. We have a couple of them behind us, right now. Look, we'll show it to you. What was seen in the photos is they have what are called split range.
Speaker 11: The border patrol agents were attacked by the Vice President of the United States and now the Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 12: But he had still photos that of course the media blew up to mean something that it wasn't.
Speaker 13: But the agents are very frustrated by the narrative out there.
Speaker 12: They threw border patrol members under the bus that you are that border patrol member who's being compared by the Vice president to a slave owner.
Speaker 11: It was clear from the beginning that they were not whipping any migrants. Do you plan to visit the.
Speaker 10: Border not today.
Speaker 2: This is a woman, to be clear, that said we needed to just abolish ice and start all over. Now she's saying, oh, I'm gonna be tough on the border because we got to secure the border. There's the same woman that said that the border wall was racist. But now the media is like, oh, hey, we got to change the narrative here because people are concerned about the border.
Speaker 1: We know it's a presidential election, your issue, and we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna act like somehow, now she's gonna get tough on the border. It's absurd, but they're helping her do this lie perpetrate this line on the American people.
Speaker 3: And listen, as you know, I spend a lot of time at our southern border. I know a lot of Border patrol agents very very well. This demonization, she said at a hearing, she compared ICE agents to.
Speaker 4: The ku Klux Klan.
Speaker 3: That's grotesque. And and and she compared border patrol agents two slave owners whipping African Americans. And by the way, that photograph that the press went crazy with, and then she eagerly leapt on that photographs, that characterization was wrong, that border patrol agent was simply riding his horse. Those were the reins, And it was wrongfully characterized that that that anybody was being whipped. And I've talked to border patrol agents who were deeply offended at the Vice President at the administration demonizing the brave men and women who risk their lives to keep us safe. She is a radical who has consistently argued for abolishing ICE. By the way, she's also supported defunding and abolishing the police when it comes to law enforcement. Any time, Kamala Harris, you.
Speaker 2: Get people out of jail, by the way, in Minnesota who were involved in the riots while they burning down the city.
Speaker 3: What's why she and she and Tim Waltz are such a good pair because Tim Waltz was governor of Minnesota when Minneapolis burned, when Antifa and Black Lives Matter radicals were burning the city where fire bombing police cars were looting stores, we're attacking police officers were attacking citizens. He did nothing. He did not send in the National Guard. He held it back. And what did she do? As you said, she raised money to bail the violent rioters out of jail. Consistently, given the choice between law enforcement and criminals, Kamala Harris and Tim Waltz choose the criminals. Given a choice between border patrol and ice and illegal immigrants, Kamala Harris and Tim Waltz, they choose the illegal immigrants. That's their record, and they're magically trying to make that go away.
Speaker 2: You and I were at the Republican convention. You and I both had the conversation the last night that we met. We were worried that we came out of there too confident because it was such a great convention. Everything started all over with Kamala Harris. Now be no one's voted for, but apparently that doesn't matter. She's the nominee and we're.
Speaker 3: But Tim Waltz said, all they want is democracy.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's true.
Speaker 3: But does democracy mean people actually have to vote for the candidate or what about the millions of Democrats have voted for Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: Do they not have a right to democracy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Fair point. But you look at this and you see where we are now.
Speaker 2: I'm very concerned about this election, and I think it's a complete reset. And I'm also very concerned with the kind contribution coming from the media. What I mean by that perfect example of this is Donald Trump seized on something that was very authentic and organic. He was out in Vegas, he was having a conversation with people in the service industry.
Speaker 1: He had an idea apparently wrote it on a napkin.
Speaker 2: We shouldn't tax tips. Help people survive, help people make a living. And he said it at a rally and it just work and it stuck and people loved it because he was a guy looking out for the little guy. He was advocating for these hard working people that rely on tips as part of their income, and it obviously played well with many people in this country. Fast forward a few days ago, kam Way Harris says the same thing.
Speaker 3: Well, and let me give a little more narrative on that. So Trump announced it at the Vegas rally. And and I think the next week he was in DC and I had lunch with him. He had lunch with all the Republican senators. He was actually telling us the backstory of it, and and and he said, well, you know, this was not an idea that came from a bunch of policy experts that had a bunch of white papers.
Speaker 4: He said he.
Speaker 3: Was in Vegas right before the rally, and he said he was having I think lunch or dinner.
Speaker 4: I think it was lunch.
Speaker 3: And he said there was a waitress who came up who complained about the really oppressive enforcement from Joe Biden Kamala Harris of their efforts to tax tips and how it was really burdened some of the record keeping and it was really hard. And and Trump says, at dinner, pulled out a piece of paper and just wrote down no taxes on tips. And then he said he went to the rally and he just said it, and he said, and.
Speaker 4: They went wild, they went wild.
Speaker 3: I got to say there are moments I think of political genius, and I think that was one of them. So the next week I introduced legislation in the Senate to exempt tips from taxes because I heard that idea and it's exactly right. And the reason I introduced legislation. There are a lot of reasons, but one right at the heart is for over a decade, for as long as I've been in the Senate, I have been advocating that the Republican Party, we should be a blue collar party. We should be the party of waiters and waitresses. We should be the party of bartenders. We should be the party of hairdressers and nail salon workers and taxi cab drivers and and and everyone who has callouses on their hands because they're working hard, and it is a policy. The contrast is night and day. That's who we should be fighting for. And you know it's striking. I introduced that legislation. It's got a number of co sponsors. You know who also joined it. Here's that both Democrat senators from Nevada, really Jackie Rosen and Catherine Cortez Masto, both joined my legislation. Because about twenty five percent of the workers in Nevada are tipped workers. And I got to say my reaction when I heard him make that proposal, I said, Donald Trump will carry Nevada on that policy issue. By the way, the culinary union has come out emphatically in support of Trump's proposal, emphatically in support of my legislation exempting tips from taxes. And so this week here's Kamala Harris. I want you to give a listen, first to Trump in Nevada announcing the policy proposal, and then Kamala just shamelessly copying him.
Speaker 8: Give a listen, because when I get to office, we are going to not charge taxes on tips people make tips.
Speaker 11: Eliminate taxes on tips for service and hospitality workers.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's just straight up stealing. But I do think so.
Speaker 4: June ninth is when Trump said it.
Speaker 3: August tenth is when she said it, and she didn't have the dignity to say, you know, I actually would have respected it more as she says, Look, there are lots of areas where I disagree with Donald Trump. I'm a left wing Democrat kook.
Speaker 4: He's not.
Speaker 3: However, he had an idea that's a really good one, and I'm here to tell you right now would this, I would do the same that I could respect. But she doesn't acknowledge it. And the irony is she also doesn't acknowledge what prompted it, which is that her administration, the Biden Harris administration, she was the tie breaking vote on the legislation that provided millions for the IRS to go after waiters and waitresses and everyone's who's making tips and to enforce it vigorously and to hammer on them. And yet she doesn't acknowledge any of that. This is gaslighting, one on one.
Speaker 2: This is why, by the way, I love doing the show, and I will say to everybody that right now listening or watching, this is when I ask you share it.
Speaker 1: And here's why.
Speaker 2: Know when the media is going to tell you this in February, because what you're just said.
Speaker 1: Is not something ten years ago. And then she had a change of heart.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's not like it was a polic ten years ago, and there was some negative effects came out of it that you didn't realize, and then you're like, hey, look that was a long time ago, decade ago.
Speaker 1: In February of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: It came to light that Biden's IRS planned to crack down on the service industries reporting on tips. The Service Industry Tip Compliance Agreement Program was to be a voluntary tip reporting system in which the IRS and the service industry companies cooperated, which is where they would crackdown on the actual workers. The program was meant to quote improve tip reporting compliance, reduce administrative burdens, and provide more transparency and certainty to tax payers, again going after the little guy here. And the program feature included quote monitoring of employer compliance based on actual annual tip revenue, So big brother watching you and charge tip data from an employer's point of sales system, so now the computer's tracking you. And allowance for adjustments in tipping practices from year to year to protect the employer from getting in trouble by turning in in essence their employees. And who did this, Kamala Harris and Joe Biden. And now she's out there saying I want you to not have to pay taxes on your tips, when again, twenty twenty three February wasn't that long ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and look, this is a standard practice and pattern of Joe Biden, Kamala Harris siding with the big guy siding with giant corporations, whether it's big tech or giant corporations against the little guy. You know, there was an interesting story this same lunch where Trump was telling us the backstory of this proposal.
Speaker 4: The day before the.
Speaker 3: Lunch, Trump and Lindsey Graham had played golf, and Lindsey told everyone, he said, look, the two of us were playing golf, and they're both big golfers, and you know, look, your son is one of the best golfers in the world. But Lindsey described how midway through the golf game, he said, their two caddies came up and hugged Donald Trump because he had just made the proposal of no taxes on tips. And listen, golf caddies like barbers, like bartenders. There there were all sorts of professions where a big chunk of their revenue and many of them were just barely making ends meet. They're just starting to climb the economic ladder, and they literally came and hugged him for that proposal. And so Kamala Harris is now trying to pretend, Look, I'm glad she's supporting my legislation. I got to say, this is a first. I do not believe Kamala Harris as ever before publicly endorsed legislation that I filed and am the lead author of. Now, she didn't mention it was my legislation. She didn't mention it was Trump's idea. And to be clear, I took the idea from Trump. It was his idea and ran with it. I just had the sense of saying, that's a damn good idea, let's do it. And so I went and put pen to paper to actually draft it to make it happen. But but but I readily credit it was Trump's idea. Kamala could not be bothered to acknowledge anything other than pretending this has always been her view.
Speaker 2: Mom and Agad, I told you about Blackout Coffee, and well, I'm going to save you money when you buy Blackout Coffee because I want you to have the best cup of coffee, a premium cup of coffee, every single day. Now, there is a lot of options at Blackout Coffee when it comes to getting the perfect cup for you. Some people like just a classic cup of coffee. Others love flavored coffee. And this is where you need to go. Check out their website right now. I love having a pretty intense cup of coffee in the morning, but in the afternoon I like having a flavored cup of coffee, or on the weekend sometimes when I wake up a little bit later later in the morning. Their coffee is phenomenal. Now they're French toasts coffee. It's cinnamon. Oh my gosh. If you like flavored coffee, you gotta check out what they have. They also have a premium instant coffee which I take on the road. I was on the road for the last two weeks straight and I took a box with me, so I knew I had a great cup of coffee, whether I was in the hotel, whether I was traveling, whether it was at the VRBO.
Speaker 1: It works great. Go check them out right now.
Speaker 2: Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict and here's what you're going to save money. Use the coupon code verdict for twenty percent off your first order now. Blackout Coffee is one hundred percent committed to conservative values and they also do not give a single dime to woke liberal causes. You know, in the coffee space there are a lot of liberal companies. Get away from giving them your money and stand with a company that is zero percent woke in one hundred percent American values, conservative values. So go to Blackoutcoffee dot com slash vertict, use the cube on code vertict for.
Speaker 1: Twenty percent off your first order.
Speaker 2: That's Blackoutcoffee dot com slash verdict, Be awake, not woke, and get a premium cup of coffee to start every day. Blackout Coffee dot com slash vertict promo code vertict for twenty percent off your first order. Finally, Saat, there's also something else that's been happening over the last couple weeks, and that is the media is trying to make Harrison a running mate look like they're moderates, like they're not extremists, they're not radicals, even though their entire history says that's exactly what they are.
Speaker 3: Look I want you to listen to two clips that really sums up just how extreme they are. The first is from Tim Waltz and he's talking about his fellow Minnesota ilhan Omar. To be clear, illhan Omar is one of the founding members of the Squad. She is a radical, anti Semiti, she hates Israel. She is extreme. Listen to what Tim Waltz thinks about.
Speaker 8: Her something I'll never get tired of saying. I think all of you, Congresswoman Omar, wonderful.
Speaker 6: And that's up.
Speaker 8: When I'm having a tough day or I'm out on about mile five of my run and I'm feeling kind of down and the world's pressing on me, I think Ilhan Omar is a congresswoman and it just brightens you up.
Speaker 10: So thank you.
Speaker 2: I just wonder like mile three is he's sitting there thinking about that's the same congressman that said that the terrorists that attacked us on nine eleven were some people that did some things.
Speaker 3: Look, Ilhan Omar is a congresswoman, and that's something that just brightens you up.
Speaker 4: That's what he said.
Speaker 3: This is everyone will acknowledge one of the most radical and extreme is zealous, and that brightens his day. That tells you who he is. Now, if you think that's bad, I got something worse.
Speaker 4: Do you like Christmas?
Speaker 1: Love Christmas?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well you're not Kamala Harris. Give a listen to Kamala.
Speaker 11: When we all sing happy tunes and sing Merry Christmas and wish each other merry Christmas, these children are not going to have a merry Christmas. How dare we speak Merry Christmas? How dare we.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen somebody get that crazy about hating Christmas in a long time.
Speaker 3: And understand what she's saying. They're in context. She's talking about illegal immigrants, and she's saying illegal immigrants are having a lousy time. So how dare we say Merry Christmas? Immigrants?
Speaker 4: I mean it is.
Speaker 3: This is a woman whose entire career has been siding with criminals and with illegal immigrants, and in her mind, even saying Merry Christmas is unacceptable as long as there is one illegal immigrant.
Speaker 4: Who was not backs basking in luxury.
Speaker 3: All right, final point before we wrap up, I'm gonna make a prediction. So eleven months ago, on Verdict, I predicted that the Democrats would throw Joe Biden off the ticket.
Speaker 4: You were you were correct.
Speaker 1: Let's have that moment.
Speaker 4: At the time many in the media.
Speaker 3: I do too. It wasn't what I wanted to have happened. It was a prediction. And by the way, over the eleven months, I gave a a scaling set of odds that increased as we got closer and closer and closer. The night of the debate between Trump and Biden. You and I recorded a podcast immediately after the debate. I said that night, the Democrats, we'll push Joe Biden off. I put the odds at one hundred percent at the time, and they did, and they did. So I'm going to make another prediction, and it's not one that I want to have happen. I'm gonna put the odds at forty percent that Joe Biden resigns between now an election.
Speaker 2: Day, really forty percent, so that they can see her as president's or it'll be easier to get her elected.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: So that Kamala Harris is the incumbent president, she is running for a reelection. I still think it is sixty forty. They don't that Biden's high. That that Biden they pushed him out, They pushed him out. I think he's pretty ticked. He'd have to go along with it. But I think there are going to be very serious discussions in the White House by all the partisans whose paycheck is written by continuing the regime. Everyone who stays in power is going to say, you know, now, if you say your health has reached a point that you need to step aside, which clearly it has. Of course it had a year ago, two years ago, three years ago, four years ago. But if you say that and she's the sitting president from the Democrat perspective, I think they would say it increases our chances of her winning, and we want to win, and they put winning above everything else. I don't think it's greater than fifty to fifty, but I think it is a very real possibility right now today.
Speaker 1: I don't like that prediction.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I don't I don't either. I don't want it to come true.
Speaker 2: It gives it like it gives her a huge advantage, huge advantages.
Speaker 3: Which is why I think they will have a very serious discussion. I think if they can bully Joe Biden into doing it, it'll happen.
Speaker 2: Don't forget me. Just show Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Makes sure you hit that subscriber on or download button wherever you're listening. And if you miss this video pod, it's on YouTube tube as well, and you can watch it and share that on social media and the centaer. I will see you back here in a couple of days. You never know what predictions may come out
Speaker 1: Of the show.