Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Kate Berlance, I'm Jacqueline Novak, And this is Poog, an ongoing conversation about wellness between two obsessive, fresh.
Speaker 2: Two untamable intellects.
Speaker 3: This is our hobby, This is our hell, This is our naked desire for free products. This is poog Today's topics.
Speaker 1: Loolie speaking believers, drink for the table, no regress.
Speaker 3: We wanted to start this episode with an exciting launch, an exciting detail. It's a lot of detail. It's more type than that. Okay, Poog has collaborated with Rose Delights to create a low dose THHC edible gummy. It's a collaboration with jar Is I repeat literal collaboration at the restaurant Jar. This is a leachy Martini Leachy Martini gummy one milligram with Italian nipple lemon that are literally called feminello. This is an unbelievable and we're gonna obviously go to the go to the gram. We'll post some beautiful, beautiful box And I want to tell you I personally swear by these gummies. I fell in love with the one milligram Rose to Light gummies one milligram. You're not out of control, but you're able to have a conversation without panicking. That's what it's done for me. So fun. I'd say one one one of these, one cocktail. You could sell a house. You could be so convinsy, you could sell someone in the house. They're so beautiful. And we collaborated with Susanne Track, the chef of jar Recipe. She is on board. This is the this is the jar Leechy Martini gummy. You can buy these. You're gonna be able to buy these. They're launching today when you listen to this episode.
Speaker 1: Let's get very clear, limited batch. These took like six months to create one back.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna want to go in there and get them, you believe.
Speaker 1: This is why, this is why I want to let people are so beautiful. The product drops because we have to honor them. We are getting our mailing list in shape. You're gonna have to sign up, you' gonna have to reconfirm. It's a whole thing.
Speaker 3: It's a whole thing.
Speaker 2: But we know that Otagram to figure that out. This is poog dot.
Speaker 3: Com figuring out. We're trying to launch a business. It's taken years, but these are the gummies. We hope you enjoy them as much as we enjoyed making them.
Speaker 2: This is pretty important.
Speaker 1: This is our first collab and it's probably the most elegant thing we.
Speaker 2: Could have done.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely fucking beautiful. Have a little bit of jar wherever you are exactly. Oh my god, it's beautiful. Anyway, I mean, that's you know. We knew we had to start the episode with that with the product launch well, because.
Speaker 1: I was worried that the people would hear it and then or what if they saved the episode to meet it out over the meet out the punishment, but to ration throughout the week.
Speaker 2: It waits the end of the week because they love so much. As they ration it out, the delights are sold out. Can you imagine?
Speaker 3: Unbelievable? So no, top of the app, you can't imagine. I'm sorry, but you're holding this box in your hand. It's fucking gorgeous. And I mean, you know it's a crowded market edibles. Yeah, these are the best y'all ever see.
Speaker 1: It's a sativa leaning hybrid artismal that's what it says. And by the way, THHC one miligram CBD less than one milligram, and notably it says contains naturally occurring cannabinoids derived from hemp. I believe that's why they can sell them anywhere ship nationwide.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting, and maybe elsewhere.
Speaker 2: That's a key fact.
Speaker 3: Non GMO. They're vegan and gluten free. No horses were murdered in the making of them, presumably hence them being vegan.
Speaker 2: But get to your delights. They're gonna sell out.
Speaker 3: It's a limited bat Rose delight.
Speaker 1: Get on the mailing list. This is very important. Get on the mailing list. That's gonna be a primary mode.
Speaker 3: Of communication in twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Okay, the podcast could disappear and that's our only chance to say, meet us in a field.
Speaker 2: So it's just like to remind people.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, or where it's that? Okay, great? So how are you What do you got for me today?
Speaker 2: Umm?
Speaker 3: I have nothing?
Speaker 2: Hello, I've got tons?
Speaker 3: Okay great?
Speaker 1: I mean I was in department store today, which one freaking mortar continues to fail us.
Speaker 2: Two in a Rowneman's straight into Bloomingdale's and.
Speaker 3: It was just get me out of here, unblie.
Speaker 2: Why is it so dark in there?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And then you have like these gowns like on the sale rack that are just dragging on the floor.
Speaker 3: It's so funny. And I'm talking ae hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: It's like yeah, or like it's like thirteen hundred dollars marked down from twenty six hundred and.
Speaker 3: The sequins weighing it down.
Speaker 1: Beads, yeah, heavy hanging from the shoulder strap, you know what I mean, like hanging from one and.
Speaker 3: It's like threads poking out.
Speaker 1: If you're going to an event where you're trying to get a thousand dollars plus gown, are you really gonna feel joy plucking plucking it.
Speaker 3: Off that racks?
Speaker 2: So there was that I was like, once again, I can't.
Speaker 1: Come into these places without And then you know, you come down the stairs and there's the women are at the makeup tables and that while area. They're they're made up in a very strange way and they're standing there and just the perfume.
Speaker 3: They're spurring tom Ford perfume into your mouth.
Speaker 2: It's like, what this is dead and dying.
Speaker 3: It's I know, and they know it dead and dying, like people still have there's still people down there who are gifted salespeople and they're there to have about time, but so many of them I had. Oh yeah, I was asking you because I had an alarming, incredible community building moment with a butcher actually cheese my.
Speaker 2: But then what I thought it was at the post office.
Speaker 3: I had that too where I went to the post office and it was like, you know, he was like, what are you doing today? I was like, oh, you know, just running errand she's like oh, And I was like, what do you got going on? He's like, oh, you know, family barbecue. It's like the sweetest thing it's ever. And then I'm on my way out. The little door chime, the door chimes on the way out, he goes, good luck with your errands. The smile on my face as I walked to my car. But I had a thing that'll happen today just now, which I didn't. I'm gullible, like I believe what people tell me I have. It's actually because I don't. Are not shocked exactly, because we're believers. Yeah, so I'm a believer. And so I went into this store and it's like it's a furniture store, and and and I would almost feel I would actually almost feel a fake. Okay, if you heard this, I went, Wow, maybe I shouldn't have done that. Really to furniture store. Yeah, we've gone in there several times and there's like two guys that work there at one guy dealt with more. Oh, very friendly. What's your name? You know, we've like gone in several times. We can kind of stroll going. Today the talk was a tall guy and a shorter guy. The tall guy is not there. I buy a coffee table, and I'm chatting with him, and I go and what give me your what was.
Speaker 2: You buy a college name?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 2: You just said you buy a coffee table.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is huge news.
Speaker 1: Do you remember what we talked about four years long of being in a general search for a coffee table being unable to find the.
Speaker 3: Whole thing by I'm looking at it right now and I go, is it changed?
Speaker 2: You've changed? But I mean, you know, I like to live in things. But to purchase a coffee table is such a big Is anything a bigger part of your life than your coffee table in a way?
Speaker 3: I know, I know TV watchers, it sure is. Yeah, no, no, it's But I'm looking at the old coffeeable, going what was so bad about that one? But this one anyway. But the point is, I go, yeah, but we're checking out, and I go, oh, like, oh, give me your name, okay, hi, yeah, but what's your your colleagues name? He goes, oh, whatever his name was? Ever got I actually remember, but I'm protecting his privacy. I don't know why. And he goes and I go okay, and he goes, yeah, he's not with us anymore. And I went, oh, I said, and then he and then he merely goes, yeah, he passed away. I have my sunglasses on. I go, oh my god, oh my god, you're kidding. I take up my sunglasses out of respect to meet him eye to eye, and I go, that's so tragic. I'm so sorry. He goes, ohh, I'm kidding. He lets me dwell in the apology and the genuine shock of like, your friend is dead. I have my sung glasses off. I'm looking at him and he doesn't even He's like, oh, And then he goes like a bad joke, not okay, I mean I reacted in a very real human way. And then he let me stay in that for Oh my god, and I'm so sorry. I sunglasses off. That's so tragic. I'm doing all of this for him, I go, how about a discount after after breaking in? He didn't break in? And then and then yeah the way he goes, oh, bad joke, I go, huh, what is this here?
Speaker 2: I do already actually had the credit card be swiped.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know what we're done here.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And I go, and then, by the way, embarrassing me, I go, so gullible.
Speaker 1: And definitely not a fan going for a sort of certain kind of comedy that this is the angle I'm pushing.
Speaker 3: Sure, maybe, but no excuse. Yeah, it's like it's like I don't enjoy being made fun of. I don't enjoy tell I don't enjoy someone telling me someone made fun of and then they're not dead. I think I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I feel off. Do you feel off?
Speaker 1: Mmmm? No?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Is that my first time debuting my true hiccup on poog?
Speaker 2: Sounds?
Speaker 3: It sounds that's my hair to me, Yeah, because you've known each other.
Speaker 2: It's an absolute, but it is. I think. I also recall the.
Speaker 3: Shock My dad used to always say that I should put it in my act, that I should start and my act with that. I was like, I don't think that.
Speaker 2: So it's been that since you were a child.
Speaker 3: I guess I think it's been for a long time. It came out of no where. I didn't sense it coming.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's so unusual that I can only blame creating a constriction in the throat. Like I'm like, I'm like, okay, why would caper lance have a hiccup that seems to go instead of hiccup instead going up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I wonder if I have to imagine why, say I were at tea with the Queen, right, could I suppress it? Like, I'm like, is it a level of being comfortable right now? Pooh? I don't know, but I am being.
Speaker 2: You cannot suppress a hiccup, in my opinion.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna see if it comes back.
Speaker 1: In the dramatic A diaformatic constriction pop, Yeah.
Speaker 2: A diaphormatic release in constriction.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I had a facial. I had a facial and then the next week I had another facial.
Speaker 1: Facial nine probably in the time in which I've had none. It's exhausting. I need to be included. I know you your person doesn't take take them on, but if every time you booked a facial.
Speaker 3: It was a new person. My old person's gone. She's been retired. Laurie's been retired for years. I've gone to her literal years, same facility, no, completely different. I went to Carason near me in West Hollywood. Okay, I got a micro current facial, you know who knows. But then I got I'm fucking serious, the hydrofacial is real. I got another. I got a hydrofacial. I think I was saying, though last couple the last two months have been, you know, so intense emotionally whatever, more crying than usual, and more expressions of worry, angst and pain. New lines formed and by the way, freezing my eggs literally gave me a new line on my forehead because I was going, ah, going, what's that? Yeah, and I was going bracing myself for injections and stuff. New forehead wrinkles that you told me were like, they're superficial. They're easy, as we all know, vertical lines harder to get out, horizontal lines easier to wash off the face, whatnot.
Speaker 2: I'm not so sure about that.
Speaker 3: No, that's true, that's just the dermist. It's is the truth of dermis.
Speaker 1: I'm not convinced that the truth of dermis when you consider that dermist does not face up.
Speaker 3: And down right, Oh my god, you know what I mean, right, Like I well.
Speaker 2: I guess, I guess. I guess you could say, like I'm not saying it. I'm not saying it's not true.
Speaker 1: It could be, but I do not have that yet independently confirmed total research.
Speaker 2: So I'm holding space before you lock that in for life. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I paid out of pocket for a new skin suticals serum called Pea Talks. I think it's supposed to help with superficial or construction lines. And the woman who does my hydrofacial who I love, told me this stuff kind of works. I go, how about this, I'm buying it. Oh oh, this is actually fun. Wait Jackun we're bearing the lead here, and it's so fun because you've never talked about it. My birthday dinner at No Boo Malibu, Oh God, we did it.
Speaker 2: Got me.
Speaker 3: Well, I just want to say this one of the best nights of my life. The next morning, and this is no exaggeration, the worst hangover of my entire life, to the point where it was almost fun because I felt like I was twenty one. I have two things to say. There's a lot to unpack. There's a lot to fucking unpack here.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're responsible not to because you know it's so it's so easily preventable.
Speaker 3: Well here, well here's here's what happened.
Speaker 2: Electrolites before bed, you know we've got them.
Speaker 3: Or how about fucking water. So here's what happened. Yeah, it's not even that the volume of cocktail is consumed. They have a strong cocktail. Oh my god, I'm overwhelmed. There's so much talk about first all sending it back. Okay, so first all, First of all, table for four, unbelievable by the ocean, Okay, gorgeous, the horse are out. It's beautiful. It's dream noboo like six o'clock gorgeous over the ocean for top. We're sitting down, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but knowing it'll be gone soon.
Speaker 3: And I was Jackoeman's already soothing me because I was going, this is good to come here at this time because you want.
Speaker 1: We're actually it's psychotic, and I was doing, are you always this crazy? I mean, you're And I realized it's because usually we're just in a cone of conversation. Right, So there's nothing to assess if we've made the right choice really other than what we're talking about, I guess. But I was like, wait, are you always like this in where it's we're doing a thing and you've arranged it right, so it's on you a little bit and whether you've made the right choice.
Speaker 2: That kind of thing.
Speaker 3: But because they were like hard to get a table too, it's like nineteen eighty two and like it was crazy. They were like six thirty or eighth.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you were like six thirty eight fifteen, you know, six thirty eight fifty. I went with six thirty. That way, you get two experiences. You get two experiences, you get sun and night.
Speaker 3: Actually you said that to Sue.
Speaker 2: Oh right, all right, right, oh right, because because we.
Speaker 3: Sat down, I go, it's nice, right to kind of be out here, to have the sun out still have the ocean. Because suddenly I went, wa, it's not sexy enough, right, or I just was like, oh, I had a great time. I wasn't actually spiraling. I just needed the choice affront to be ptaring as my own work.
Speaker 1: I want to be clear, this was on a These were waves on the surface of a deep pleasure.
Speaker 2: I'm just analyzing that because it's where you know the fun.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not saying healthy, you're psychotic by which I mean, but I was going, I go, I go, oh yeah, I mean you get two experiences. You get you get the sunset and you get evening. And then I go to be clear, like you can never make a wrong.
Speaker 2: Decision with me.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was like, to be clear, if you'd done the eight fifteen, I'd be saying, I mean, this is a place you go for a night with you for birthdays.
Speaker 2: Is a night experience.
Speaker 1: You know you don't want to sitting there the sun I'd be you know I can, so I can make it, make it the mushrooms always no.
Speaker 3: No, I know, I knew I was safe with you. And then I was feeling, will you for it? I had the Gabriete mac lip palette that was purchased for me by my partner, So I had my Gabriete lips on and we're there and round of drinks by the way, and I was excited because I haven't I had had a cocktail like over a month at this point because of the eggs and all the shit. Feeling good and then She's like, oh, here's like the prize winning cocktail. What does she say? She's like, all of nobu, the Grand Cordon, the Grand Cordon, everyone's actually.
Speaker 1: And actually I think I got to know now. So the question was we see the thing in a box and it says grand Cordon okay, which.
Speaker 3: Just there points it out on the menu.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the top cocktail and it has a square around it.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, and Grand Cordon cocktail. It's like a mescal ginger something, and we go, we'll be crazy enough to try that. It's it's the number one.
Speaker 2: Cocktail, and like trying to look this up. This is that what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: Straight to Facebook kill then okay, introducing the Grand Cordon Cocktail for October November. Congratulations to Loubi desionor of for winning first place. No, but they must do us every once in a while. This is just an example.
Speaker 3: But anyway, cocktail, we get the cocktail. We go, let's get three out of four of us get the grand cocktail. Right, it arrives, Take one sip, carnival level sweetness, funnel cake wait Saturday night in Deep Appalachia. Okay, it's like fucking sweet and I was ready because I go, because you know, sweet cocktail gives me instant migraine. Whatever, I go, it's everyday dinner. No, but I'm gonna have whatever the fuck I want, you know, but I go, it's actually sweet, like I'm not enjoying it, like it's making me sick. And Jacqueline you take a sip and you go, it's very sweet, and then you and I am instantly John is like I'm fine with it. And it's like I think quickly you said, who brought courage me? You did? No, I was like, I would send it back, and then it was like, you know what, this is gonna be an insanely expensive meal. Weren't and I always go to, We're not assholes. We're not going to send it back in some fucking huff. We're just gonna be like, God, is there anyway? But I felt and I was really happy because you really took it over it being my birthday dinner. You really drove and she came back and Jacqueline, you were perfect. You were like, sorry, this is hell, you said. You were like, this is hell.
Speaker 2: No I go, no, no, you know what it was, but no, I go, I just go, not even like sorry or any leaden. I just turned her and I go, this is humiliating. Oh you said that, that's what I led with.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, by the way, No this is.
Speaker 1: I said, either this is humiliating or this is a humiliation, but it was absolute one of those, truly. But it's like, this is a perfect example of the kind of thing where I just want to slow down and I'm like, we're missing everything, Like there's so much.
Speaker 2: To un uncover here.
Speaker 1: It's almost like a legal level, like I want to be like, okay, now can I give my account?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, Like, go, yeah, yours? Give yours?
Speaker 1: So like you stare off and it's like, what's going on? And then it's oh, you're rehearsing in your head, and yeah, I'm knowing.
Speaker 3: I had already rehearsed if their table wasn't outside, but I was going to say to the to the host, oh right right right like days before.
Speaker 2: Which let me guess birthday. I work nights. I worked nights. I have daughter.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, I left out there's a detail here. It's a detail here. To be clear. I call we had to literally go through a famous friend to get this fucking table. They were like, there's a twenty eight person wait list. I was like, this is fucking insane. By the way, when we arrived there, there's like two of the Tesla trucks, like.
Speaker 2: The disgusting what do they call mine crash.
Speaker 3: Trash cans whatever? Yeah, anyway, but the point is I called days in advance, panicked the table wouldn't be outside. I go, what's the point? But you want to be on the inside. No truly, and then I said I just I was. I was worried maybe we hadn't secured an outdoor table. And she's like, I can't guarantee it. I'm gonna put it here in the in the notes, and I went, okay, yeah, because it's we're celebrating a lot, and she goes, yes, I see here Kate's birthday. I pretended not to be Kate. I go yeah, And then I was about to say, because my plan was do I have to go and some Emmy nominations Jacquelin and John both being Emmy nominated, So I was like, I have that in the chamber, and I go, yeah, we're celebrating a lot. And then I opened my mouth to say, like and a couple Emmy nominations, and then I was like, Kate, oh my god, fucking relax. So I didn't do that, but I had that in my back pocket. And so but then we get there, honestly exquisite table, and I'm bearing the lead. I'm just gonna say this, and this is not the way to conduct yourself at a restaurant. But we did hold the table for we got there. The reservation was six thirty. We arrived six ten. They see us immediately. We left now at eleven forty five. We were at the table the whole time. We went to the bar after for drinks and we were at the table for two were for over two hours.
Speaker 2: Though I have to say, what did we say to the waiter? Okay, at a reasonable sort of kick us out.
Speaker 3: If you need the table, order mark, we go, we get it.
Speaker 2: We're ready to you know, we abile digit anytime. We'll just sit here.
Speaker 3: I didn't tell you we go, we go, we order unbelievable. We're doing the Wagyu beef hot stone, which, by the way, the marblization of the beef. That night, when I'm tanked onto two and a half drinks looking at the ocean, Mad's going the marblization of the wagu beef. It's exactly mirrored in the texture of the ocean. The marblization and the ocean is the beef.
Speaker 1: I was like fixated on the marblelization, being on mother nature zotion, being as sam as thee.
Speaker 3: I had such a great time, okay, And I even and I made the mistake of I swung by the hostess desk tanked. I was, of course, you could not tell I was tanked, but I go, God, I know we had the table. We just ordered more popcorn shrimp. Don't like telling them, I go, we just can't stop ordering. And she's like, no one was rude to me. I privately did it because we did the pun. We ordered everything apps, we're getting the geary, we're getting everything right. And then and then the thing that we did, which is what created the hangover, I think, is that, oh my god, there's so much to unpack. But the point is we got like popcorn shrimp, pour a shrimp after the full meal before dessert, as like a little buffer, which really was a delight. Was it not fun? Me searing the wagyu beef on the hot stone?
Speaker 1: Well, all right, hold on, let me just say a couple of things. So one, it's gonna go back to the cocktail for a second. So when you send back a cocktail, okay, and you have to replace it with something, now.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 2: Take a gamble on another.
Speaker 3: Because now we know we've located sweetness is the issue?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: And was it you or someone had remarked how Kim Kardashian loves the Lichi Tini nobo, and I go, well, obviously, begin tell me.
Speaker 2: I read it in a Google search, like not even inside of an article, but still.
Speaker 3: On the various given from the jar. I mean the jarly Cicccini is an adult drink. The Lizaccini that you know, that's a martini. This is this is like a I mean, it's like deliver And this was not there.
Speaker 2: This wasn't even their Lichtini.
Speaker 3: Okay, the Grande was sent back. Yeah, okay, okay, we actually do need a lawyer, okay, to keep us on track, we need a snographer or whatever the fuck. Okay, you sent it back beautifully.
Speaker 2: Then the question is what are we asking for instead?
Speaker 3: Okay, I go, let's get because I've had it before that I had skinny Mark. Let's get the skinny marks. I was like, they're gorgeous. Skinny mark arrived. You and I flick took a sip. We look at each other. We go, it's a strong cocktail.
Speaker 2: You turned to me and said, this is a strong cocktail.
Speaker 3: I agreed.
Speaker 2: But nothing about that cocktail was like I was like, thank god, you know, like it wasn't messed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I also went through a period of like being like, I'll have Fresh Line jruice.
Speaker 2: You know, like fresh Line juice, tequila and.
Speaker 1: Salt on the rim, please, you know, like just like down to that which I think is a dog right now, I'm I'm forgetting the whole thing.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter, but.
Speaker 1: It feels like, and I love to try different cocktails on the menu, but it feels like if I rate them, went.
Speaker 4: For it and got like the Umbrella blue, you know what I mean? Yeah, and it arives and it's too sweet. It's on me one hundred percent. We declared it's too sweet. And then we even said the Leach cheenie.
Speaker 3: She goes, oh, well that's it.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: We go, okay, we got the skinny marks. Skinny marks come there, perfect. I had about half of that thing and I go, I'm gonna take my top off. Okay, I was already feeling free, free and wild. By the way, we're screaming laughing. Yeah, Jacka was screaming, laughing. Other tables looking over at us, truly I noticed, but actually looking over not annoyed, looking over going. That's joy. Wow, Okay, we were having so much fun, incredible. We start ordering cocktails. This is what gave me the hangover. Cocktails for the table so everyone could have a sip, which is really fun. We order our passion fruit. We'd seen this people, and that's what was so great about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: I ordered it like a like a stack of flat jacks, which I've said six times since.
Speaker 3: Yeah, flapjacks, you know, stack of.
Speaker 2: Flapjacks for the table. People are getting their own breakfast.
Speaker 3: For the table, Like we're like passionate fruit martini for the table. We're passing around. Everyone gets some SIPs. I was moaning in ecstasy. She's hating for the table. Everyone espress a martini for the table.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but I also feel like this is classic.
Speaker 1: But the group drink like I I'm not controlling myself, so I feel like it's like I'm just fully, I'm like, I know I took more SIPs.
Speaker 3: I just I was drinking like like it was my I think I took the most SIPs. Really, I think I took the most SIPs. Actually, yeah, okay, interesting?
Speaker 1: And what what was that again?
Speaker 3: We got passion through and then we got the leachy teenie and we got the espresso Martin.
Speaker 2: Are you serious because I know then of those last two.
Speaker 3: Well, by the way, I have a video that I'm sorry I have that. I have the video of you. That's one of my favorite videos of all time, is Jacqueline in the back seat trying not to peew because we drive home at twelve forty five.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't know you took videos. I didn't know that you even knew I wasn't feeling well back there.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna put the video. You are cracking the window of classic drunk fashion with.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 2: It literally let me trying to get air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were trying to get air because we went to the bar after and got another round.
Speaker 2: What did we drink there at the bar?
Speaker 3: What kind of cocktail hibiscus?
Speaker 1: Marg? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 1: I just remember going, oh no, okay, in the car, going where you really, because there's a loneliness to the moment that you realize you're nauseous, right yeah, because you know.
Speaker 2: I'm about to take this group down.
Speaker 3: And I was like no, no, no, no, no, no no, and it seems like like, you know, like no, and this feeling is like.
Speaker 2: I fucked up, you know, like where others did not I did, you know, and and and.
Speaker 1: So I was like crack the window and then I was like, oh God, like how far are we We're far, you know what I mean, like.
Speaker 2: Starting to go like we're almost there.
Speaker 3: No we're not, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: And I was like, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: And I was like, first of all, yeah, I could ask them to pull over, it's me be but like, I'm going to crack the window and I'm gonna stick my head out the window basically that was what I was aiming for.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna sip the wind.
Speaker 1: And I was like I'm going to inhale the wind and excel the wind and inhale the wind and I shill.
Speaker 3: The winds and like my body is my is my own, like yeah, I can tell it what to do totally.
Speaker 1: And then I remember seeing something that was like evidence that I was not that far from my place.
Speaker 2: I feel like I perked up and.
Speaker 3: Was like, yeah, it's like we're almost there or something, you know what I mean, Like I saw a landmark, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: Did I drink electrolytes? I don't know. I woke up care at least took care of it.
Speaker 1: Then when dumped electrolytes and glass of water, guzzle it and then you just feel the brain swell back up to not swell.
Speaker 2: But free hydrate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not just like a husk rattling around the side, because I have like little glasses of the of the water came refilled the water. Yeah, didn't do a good job with that. And then I'm like, after the meal, that other that that other cocktail at the bar, I'm screaming about the waggu marblization mirroring the ocean. Yeah, high biscus, And it wasn't sweet. It was really not a sweet cock tail. We're out there screaming. It's so fun. And by the way, I have two videos. I like, it's honestly Pooh Grid as you in the back of the car trying not to borrow and me the next day over that I've ever been no, that is premium. We have to give it to the people.
Speaker 2: That is premium content. That is five dollars pop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is premium. Yeah, you can venmo. We'll make an account. You can vemo and we'll text you the video I got home. To be clear, I wasn't like drunk. I was like, I'm home, I'm fine, having a great time. Yeah, I was definitely drunk, but I wasn't you know, I don't get messy. It was an obnoxious by any means. But woke up in the morning and I go, oh wow, and I felt I go, oh yeah, I didn't have a lot of reck at home. That was stupid. I had a f I had a hydrofacial at eleven fifteen, no ten ten. I woke up at like seven am. I like, oh, high, a sip of water, go to bed, wake up. I go, this is bad, and I'm like kind of enjoying it because it was such a fun night. I go, this is fun. Like I'm never fucking you know, I don't like get drunk, like why not? Maybe you know I'm young even though actually no, it's that year old. But anyway, so I am too hungover to drive. I have to get a lift because I go, I can't drive. I'm like doubled over in the corner. But I don't have a migraine. I go, thank god it but I'm starting to feel nauseous. I call the lift. The lift picks me up. I may be a block away from my house and I'm going, you have to turn back because the nausea. I'm like, I'm gonna barf. And I start sipping the wind. They are down. Yeah, I had By the way, we ordered my favorite breakfast burrito from Waken late to the house. I have a breakfast burrito. It arrived. I looked at it. I was like, I'm gonna throw up if I can't even look at the food. I couldn't even drink coffee. Jacqueline, I had water. I was like, I was, I gonna put the burrito in my purse. I'm in the lift. I go turn back. Now, I go, you can pull over it?
Speaker 1: You know burse like and I mean like, I don't mean like it's revealing itself.
Speaker 2: Like oh what a look. Oh it's a weird look, but like almost it being completely obscured, but you knowing it's in there.
Speaker 3: There's something like yeah, like if you just like if you.
Speaker 1: Were like, look at that woman burrito in there, it's like interesting and go on.
Speaker 3: It's well, well, here's what happened. I opened my purse, A little waft of the burrito came out, and I was like, I'm gonna hurl. I wonder if.
Speaker 2: Your male.
Speaker 3: I think I looked like something was going on, but was, you know, HI doing like my little like everything's fine. So I'm sitting there. I go turn back, turn back, turn back. I go, no, you're fine, you're fine, You're fine. To fifteen minute drive, You're gonna make it. I get there. I stagger upstairs. I was fifteen minutes late. I'm never late anywhere. I had called ahead. I'm gonna be late. I get there. Thank god, it's my it's my it's the woman wonderful background always gives you my hydrofacials. I see her. I go, I'm safe. I'm safe because I go. Anyone else I'm gonna go. I'm so sorry. Yeah, I'm not feeling well or something. No one wants a sick person in their office. Like, but then sorry, I'm like, I'm hungover. It's like horrifying. So I get in there and I go I'm gonna have to tell you I have the worst hangover in my life. And she was wonderful about it. She was like laughing. I lay down. I'm like, it's actually amazing because she's putting like a cold mask on my face. I'm like, sitting there, it actually helps. I thought for a second I was dying because so hungover. I'm under the The light is so bright in the office. I go, is that am I is that the white light?
Speaker 1: No? Am?
Speaker 3: I going toward the light.
Speaker 2: Like it was like you're giving alcohol.
Speaker 3: I was delirious, like like no, but I just I'm I just like like a pussy drunk. I was not so drunk. But what it was was I was getting a migraine and go, oh fuck, yeah, do do the facial?
Speaker 2: And what did you get during hydrofacial?
Speaker 3: What else canceled my day? Hydro facial? That's it, just a hydropacial and they clean the.
Speaker 2: Clean, clean the pores that way, and then they infuse.
Speaker 3: They do like a hydration thing too, right, Okay, okay, suck it out exactly. I get in the car. I'm staggering home once again, trying not to poke in the car. I go, holy ship and get back to my house. Oh my god. I ended up with a pillow on the floor, just on the floor for some reason, couldn't make it to the cow like. I just was like, this is where I live here on the floor A couple of times ago over to the toilet, like, oh my god, a bar can't do it, okay, and there's nothing. I haven't had coffee or food and I can't fucking bring myself to I fell asleep on the floor, woke up with a horror migraine, shocking nausea and by the way, interesting, it's like no story here.
Speaker 2: Well I've never required a story.
Speaker 3: I never fools. Okay, so but I you know, all right. The point is I barfed, which was like shocking to me.
Speaker 2: Make it.
Speaker 3: Of course, of course I I barfed. I couldn't believe it did feel a little bit better. The point is I was hung over until ten pm. At ten pm, I started to feel a little bit better, and then it was time for bed. I the only thing I could eat, Naomi, God bless them, made me mashed potatoes, because I was like, I can't eat anything. It's all gonna make me barf. Mashed potatoes delicious, by the extraordinary mashed potatoes. Electrolytes went to bed, woke up fine, woke up with the euphouri of no longer being that hungover. I was like, it felt like a brush with death.
Speaker 2: It's really interesting because.
Speaker 3: You no regrets. I kept saying, no regrets. Of course, I kept saying to them over and regret, no regrets. I didn't have regrets. Oh yeah, yeah I regret.
Speaker 2: It's not just someone along the lines that I didn't regret. Of course, I regret nothing, you know whatever.
Speaker 3: And John was like because John was hungover. And John was like, I'm hungover, which means you must be insanely hungover. I was like, yeahah, and I was a little bit and not even a high volume of alcohol consumed. It's like I had two cocktails.
Speaker 1: It's also not I mean not that like, you know, bread soaks up cocktails. But it's not a it's it's like, it's not a heavy meal.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not an Italian dinner. No, it's sushi. No, you're exactly right. No, it's a sex meal. Yeah it's not. Yeah, it's the food is not like some white rice like like, yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Food is not helping soak anything up.
Speaker 3: Completely.
Speaker 2: It's very Yeah, it's like it's completely different.
Speaker 3: Weird though, to see kids at Nogu, I go the fuck kids with their iPads too interest from their face, their parents not talking to each other. We remarked on that. We're like, like that is just well, you don't bring a child to your child is gonna eat this food.
Speaker 2: Well also, I mean, right, well understand it.
Speaker 3: I guess it's a level of wealth. It's just beyond I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's that, and then it becomes also the brand become. The brand changes.
Speaker 1: Like once you've got the restaurant in every city, every big city, right then you have to have something to retain.
Speaker 2: And I feel like the ocean is what holds that one still high.
Speaker 3: I believe it's the flagship. It's the flagship. No, but I believe it. Then in New York, then London, and then they sprouted in the fucking everywhere was every dish graat No, but somewhere.
Speaker 2: What more can you yes for than somewhere, I guess.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: There's also a video that I haven't sent of you guys all singing me Happy Birthday, and everyone seems drunk, or you and John and me. The three of us. Fact, I almost want shit. I kind of want to play the audio because you, guys, it's like, really, it's like that thing where you don't realize what's happening.
Speaker 2: God, yeah, who you've become?
Speaker 3: Where is it?
Speaker 1: Hang on?
Speaker 3: Okay? Okay, okay, I've got the video here of the Happy Birthday song, which I think you can be able to hear. We are, in fact drunk, I don't know it yet.
Speaker 1: I was leading.
Speaker 2: I was also trying to make a joke about harmonies.
Speaker 3: So fun. You got a party when you can and even and you don't have to use substances. Okay, guys, Yeah, anyway, sorry to talk about a hangover, like I'm the first person to have ever had a fucking hangover. But really it was humbling to be barfing and to be on the ground, and also to go it was worth it. It was sick, and I was like, when will I ever be able to drink again anything? I made it home the next day. You texted me at home somehow.
Speaker 2: Incredible, and then you texted me hungover, and then I texted you for my ten am.
Speaker 3: Workout unimaginable as I was trying not to heave.
Speaker 1: Really, I believe the electrolytes, which I didn't drink before bed, but early early in the morning.
Speaker 2: I really believe it's the answer.
Speaker 3: Which electrolytes, which brand I.
Speaker 2: Tossed Superior and I have like a hug of them, a chug a jug.
Speaker 3: I've been doing Superior. I've been back on Element because I love that salty salty. By the way, I could use some more if they want to send more folks, Yeah, sure could. Yeah, Okay, well, well it was a blast. Have have dinner. We'll do it again soon.
Speaker 2: It's great to see you back in the square.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll see you soon. I love it. Yeah, that was Poog. If you enjoyed Poog, please subscribe, rate and review. If not, we will press charges. Pooh is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players.
Speaker 2: And iHeartRadio Podcasts.
Speaker 3: Creative and hosted by Kate Berland and Jacqueline Novak. Executive produced by Lyra Smith, edited, mixed by Ali Graham, Music by Theta hammil artwork by Robert Batty.
Speaker 1: Follow Poog on Instagram at Poog podcast, or on TikTok at this is Poog.