Speaker 1: Sometimes you got to restart everything in your.
Speaker 2: Life that is a fact, and you will be surprised how much mental clarity a detox can bring that asks.
Speaker 1: It all started with real talk, unfiltered, honest and straight from the heart. Since then, we've gone on to become Webby award winning podcasters in New York Times bestselling authors.
Speaker 3: Dead Ass was more than a podcast for us. It was about our growth, a place where we could be vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Be raw or but most apportly be us.
Speaker 3: But as we know, life keeps evolving, and so do we And through it all, one thing has never changed.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 3: Because we got a lot to talk about. All right, story times. I'm gonna take it over today. I think I do a storytime once every blue ass moon. But for me, let me take it back to I know you like to do like a time frame. Let's take it back to the top of Maya. I would say top of may is a good place to start the story. So we were simultaneously assisting both sets of pearents with closing on their homes. Devo's dad came down here for Jackson's birthday in April and after a brief quick conversation about you know finances where they are, what's next? Deval proposed the question to his dad, you know, like, why don't y'all just retire? Why don't yad? I mean you are retired. Why don't y'all just move down here to Georgia? I mean you've been wanting to come down now that Devo's mom is officially retired. Why not? Like, what's stopping you? What's your plan? So you can correct me if I'm wrong, But your dad kind of looked at you, thought for a second, and was just like, you know what, we should move.
Speaker 1: It literally went just like that, we should move.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And that was on like a Monday. Jackson's birthday was on a Monday, and by Friday, Devo's dad we affectionately called Scoop you don't know Scoop, myself and our good friend Curtis Lancaster, who was an amazing realtor. Out here, we're looking at houses for Papapa, Scoop and Nana, and I don't think your mom quite understood what was happening. I think she was just like, AhR, yeah, let's start looking at some houses. We'll see what's out there. We put in an offer by Saturday, yeah, you know, after looking at maybe two houses, your father was like, this is the one that house ended up falling through had a bad inspection. So we went back on the hunt a couple of days later and found what is now the house. So in the middle of that, my parents we were also simultaneously helse hunting. We've been on and off for two years. But of course y'all know my dad wasn't well in his health crisis and whatnot. We paused the house hunt and we decided to start looking again. Top of May. Devau said May first would be a good day to start looking.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 3: We buit off a bit more than we could chew de that was in the middle of filming Satima I trying to juggle both sets of parents paperwork. Financial also didn't wait till May. I was looking at for my mom last week of April and happened to found something that we loved and I'll put in an offer. But that house was not the one May first, though, because my husband said to wait till May first. Ladies listened to your husband. Okay, May first was the day. So yeah, we found the house and put the offer in simultaneously closing on the houses but also in de Valle and I trying to figure out how we can get our trust approved and everything confirmed before we purchased the homes. It was just a lot of things happened in the one time, in addition to just coming off of the previous nine months of dealing with everything my dad had going on. Of course, you guys know, I had a couple losses in the family, so there were heavy It was heavy. It was a very heavy, heavy time, and I was just spread thin. So there were just too many things happening. I needed a break. I felt like Devell and I were having sent moments of I wouldn't even say arguments, just like bickering physically, Yeah, we were bickering physically. I felt like I was just at my max, like I couldn't take any more of the output that was happening. Nothing was being restored. I was spread way thinned. Deva was spread thin. We were just barely staying afloat. The kids were ending the school year, so there's a ton of things that happened to that had to be done at the end of the school year, celebrations, graduations, travel and all the things. So I felt like I needed a reset I needed to shut shit down everything and then refocus on myself first, so that way I would be better equipped to be an asset to my husband and my children, because for far too long, I felt like I was just spreading myself then being everything to everyone, and it was to my detriment. So I did a fourteen day detox, y'all, raw raw food detox. Made it all fourteen days, and I feel amazing, and I'll share more with y'all when we come back.
Speaker 1: She had on the second to last day, she had three of them my scene.
Speaker 3: Three of them I seen.
Speaker 1: I was like, why would you do that? And you had two kernels of popcorn I did. She was perfect for thirteen eight hours and she had a little bit, But that's the little bit.
Speaker 3: It's like we were in that was our second time going to the movie, and I didn't like. I didn't know notchos, no popcorn, nothing.
Speaker 1: The funny thing is popcorn. It says on the detox that you should try to do the detox up to fifteen percent, right.
Speaker 3: It said you should try to do it one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Rong, one hundred percent rong, So you were probably like ninety nine point five percent role I think you accomplished it.
Speaker 3: I was, Yeah, I was. Essentially, I didn't have anything cooked for fourteen days. I have fruits and vegetables, with the exception of three cheetos and two kernels of popcorns. I don't even count that. I probably shut that out. I definitely did, because it was there was a lot of that happening.
Speaker 1: You've been talking about that a lot lately too. Every time we sit down with Jackson, she'd be asking about poop. I don't understand what.
Speaker 3: I want to make sure everybody's regularly, y'all.
Speaker 1: I want to make sure detoxes always want to talk about poop. Nobody want to talk about police.
Speaker 3: And you have to see what's coming out from the inside because.
Speaker 1: Nobody want to hear that. Man break bro y'all. See what I'm when people going detalking, what they.
Speaker 3: Do inside is murky like a swamp. I'm telling you all right back for karaokea time. So this has nothing to do with nothing, y'all. That's just my song right now. It's a little bout for the summer. Shout out to young Miami where my scamming Nick, Oh my Matt, you're ready to back me up? The scamming niggas. It's my song you song to. This is not your saying it's your song though, Oh my scamming niggas. Where y'all at where y'all last?
Speaker 4: Hey, Hey, y'all bag boosting bitches?
Speaker 3: Where y'all at?
Speaker 1: Where y'all ast? I sound so old?
Speaker 5: Seriously though, she said, y'all, Miami, don't sound like she's.
Speaker 4: A Negro spiritual.
Speaker 3: Spiritual span that ship.
Speaker 4: Ship only black people.
Speaker 5: You can be orally sound. But when that booster comes back something.
Speaker 3: I'm back in the Dominican hair salon. Baby. They used to come in with all the things. Okay, they were boosting everything from dove bar soaps to coach bags.
Speaker 4: I can hear that, Oh you can. They were.
Speaker 3: They were boosting everything from dove soap to coach bags.
Speaker 1: Saying boosting, like do people still say boosting? Y'all boosting?
Speaker 6: Yeah, teeth fell off, the back of the fell off, the back of the truck.
Speaker 5: Doesn't just got out of jail from boosting. She was selling like school uniforms.
Speaker 4: That was her thing.
Speaker 1: We need those, yeah cookies.
Speaker 3: It's crazy ideal back in Brooklyn. I mean that's a great.
Speaker 1: Market, expensive, right, school stores and speaking to the uniforms that they say that every kid gotta have twelve.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness dollars to crazy you and they know how kids grow. So whatever, it's fit. Thank God for the.
Speaker 1: Don't even sweat as school man, because it just got she's going back.
Speaker 3: She's going. Yeah, she's going back in Georgia right away. You know what I'm saying. Thank God the boys are all like size of place order because what didn't fit Cairol no more is gonna fit cast.
Speaker 1: Events a fact.
Speaker 3: So as long as it's held up and gotten no holes and Marcus things all over it, well that's left to be seen. All right. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be back with ow op y'all.
Speaker 1: All right, we're back, y'all. Let's see what's going on, and yeah.
Speaker 3: What's going on in the world, because I've been detoxed and I don't know what's going on. People have been I haven't. Just it wasn't just a detox from food, y'all. I detoxed from social media for the most part, except for sharing a couple of things about my journey. But I haven't been in taking so bring me up to speed on what's been happening lately.
Speaker 5: Well, lately, there's been two cases in the news and both were being defended using the self defense argument. Two young black men involved. The first case was Carmelo Anthony. You probably heard about that case down in Texas. He stabbed and ended up killing another white student who had been apparently aggressive toward him during a track meet, and there was a lot of discourse about whether or not he would be charged, and he eventually was, and recently he was just found guilty and I think it's being sentenced to thirty five years in prison. He's seventeen years old, so there goes his life. The second case happened in South Carolina. A fourteen year old boy named Cyrus Carmack Belton went into a convenience store. He had a backpack. They made him put his backpack down. He picked up some bottles of water and put them back, and because of that, the store owner thought he was stealing. He kind of motioned to show them he didn't have anything in his pockets, but he wouldn't take his hands out of his pockets, and he ended up leaving the store, after which the store owner and his father chased him down The street and shot him dead. They claimed that it was out of self defense.
Speaker 4: They claimed that.
Speaker 5: He brandished a gun, but there were multiple eyewitnesses who said they never saw him holding a gun and that shooter Ricky Chow was acquitted. They gave the defense. They gave them two options. They said, either murder one or nothing. So if he didn't get if he did.
Speaker 4: Not get.
Speaker 5: Sound guilty of first degree murder, he would walk basically, and he walked free using the self defense. So I'm like, Oper, no Op, is this a case of race racial bias in these two situations or do you think that either one of these could have or could have not been self defense.
Speaker 1: I think that this is one of the cases because they happened at the same time. People try to compare the cases and say this happened here and this happened here. I don't want to do that. The first thing I want to do is say, with the Carmelo Anthony case, nobody on the internet can decide whether he's guilty or innocent. Right, so nobody here can go up here and argue what the guilt in it because he wasn't there. But I will say this the same state, I think it was four years ago, there was a young white man, young white boy who killed his class mate in the bathroom. I think he went in the bathroom, stabbed his class made a bunch of times. And this is the part that I want to point out to people. No one here is saying that Carmelo Anthony, whether he's innocent or guilty, or whether he was right or wrong. But what we're saying is how the criminal justice system come down on black men seems to be very, very unfair, because Carmelo Anthony is now getting thirty five years for what happened at a track meet, which people are arguing could be the self defense or not, whereas the other young white man who stabbed a man in the bathroom got ten years because the jury felt like it was just a tragic mistake. So what I want to point out here is how they view black bodies, whether you're the victim or whether you're the villain, right, it doesn't matter which one you're talking about, whether it's child or whether it's Carmelo Anthony. It just seems that when it comes to black bodies, they always get discarded and they never get the benefit of the doubt, even when, especially when it comes to young black boys. If it's a young black boy involved, whether it was Tamiya Riights, Mike Brown, or he was guilty, he was a villain, he's just he's made out to be this worst guy. But then when it's somebody else, for example, like a Kyle Rittenhouse who travels cross state lines with a gun and commits murder, he's given the benefit of the doubt. That's what black people are arguing about, and no one wants to say it. They want to make it seem like it's a carmelo versus a child thing. We're not making about those two cases. What we're talking about is how the criminal justice system sees us as people. And it gets me upset a little bit as you hear it, because it's like we've been going through this. I remember when I was nine years old and it was Rodney King, and you watched Rodney King get get his face beat in by cops and get willed on, and they all walk away acquit.
Speaker 4: It to Anthony Thomas and Cincinnati, you see.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying. So it's like, then when you say, well, why everything got to be about race? This case wasn't about race? When has it not been about race for us.
Speaker 5: And it was one hundred percent about race because to your point, prosecutors knew that race would because they knew that how different people view black bodies. I just feel like punishment because what they did was they struck every black educator from the jury white jury. Yeah, because they didn't want They claimed that educators would see him as a student and have more empathy for him because he's a student. But they didn't strike any white educators from the jury.
Speaker 1: You know why, because we're not viewed in the criminal justice system as human. And that's that's what black people are arguing.
Speaker 5: People in the school to prison pipeline people as well. White teachers go into those schools with biases, especially against black boys, and so those biases were more valuable to the prosecution than empathy from black adplicators.
Speaker 4: So it is about race.
Speaker 5: People know how race affects outcomes and they use it to their advantage. So I definitely think absolutely that that was a part. It played a part, for sure.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 1: I do want to call out the name of the young man that was found guilty of stabbing his classmate in the bathroom and only got ten years. The reason why I want to bring that out because it was in the same state. Here it is is they're the same ages, right. One boy claims it was self defense. The other one they didn't even claim self defense. He was being bullied and he went in to attack the boy. But they were able to empathize with the young man and see him as a student. They didn't want that for Carmelo Anthony. And that, to me is what I think people don't understand. No one is saying because child got off, Carmelo Anthony should have got off. Nobody is saying that. What people are saying is do y'all not see how they view us in the criminal justice system? And it's unfair. That's all people are saying. We can't even defend ourselves. Even in the Breonna Tailor case, you don't make yourself known. You shoot into her apartment. Her boyfriend shot back and then he was I think he was charged right, And it's like, as a black man, you're not even able to defend your own family.
Speaker 5: Even in the Cyrus karmac Beltan case, the store owners chased him out of the store over what they thought was stolen bottled water, and then when he allegedly brandished the gun, then they had a reason to shoot him.
Speaker 4: But he was gonna shoot him regardless.
Speaker 3: Regardless because was he didn't brandish the gun supposedly in the.
Speaker 4: Stew and not at all, and all of that is on camera.
Speaker 3: Right, And then leaving the store, it's like you have to go follow somebody like that was like intent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And even though he was shot in the back, you know, normally investigator would say, you can't be You can't claim self defense when somebody is shot in the back if they're running away from you, right, So he shouldn't have even been able to use that because he chased that boy down the street, Like it's no longer self defense when somebody is running.
Speaker 3: From you, from you exactly.
Speaker 4: But they don't.
Speaker 5: Really care because at the end of the day, what the jury thinks is that this young black boy is going to cause more problems alive than he is dead.
Speaker 3: So good job, Rick, job exactly.
Speaker 1: I honestly feel like that's where the conversation needs to be curated towards, rather than people trying to say child versus carmelo. You can't even compare those aren't even those apples are orange, right, the scenarios, right, But what I'm saying is just look at it an entirely backup, get some perspective. Me and me and Matt were talking about this, but called zooming out. You know how when you look so hard at one case, then you want to couple it with another case and you're trying to make comparisons. Sometimes you need to just zoom out and look at everything in the bigger picture and just see who gets sentenced at higher rates for the same crime. Yeah, history to tell you that what we was saying right like, this is not even something we have to argue. These are facts. There's data and statistics, and black people are just saying, we're tired of watching it because now you got to answer questions. And this is the truth when you have young black kids like Jackson, who's asking me like why would he get in trouble for that? And now I am forced to explain and this is what happens, and people don't understand what black families as opposed to other families. I now have to have to talk with my son about what he has to expect going outside. You're not going to be seen as human just like everybody else. I have to have that conversation so when the cop pulls you up, pulls you over in the car, make sure you stay calm, keep your hands at ten and two, make sure you smile, make sure you don't be aggressive. It's like, I have to have these conversations because if something goes wrong, no one's going to see my fifteen year old son as a student, as a junior National Honor Society. They're going to say, well, he's a black kid, so more than likely he's doing these things, you know. So I think that's the bigger conversation of how they view us, not so much you know, putting one against the other, like I wouldn't do that. It's not fear that any of the families involved, you know, because here's another part of it. Even the young man that was murdered, his family deserves empathy too, you know, Like we can't just sit here and just say one person lost their lives too, two kids lost their lives three if you're looking at just those two, and it's unfortunately for all the families, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: The other thing, I don't know if you saw this before your detox, but jay Z comed out his locks.
Speaker 4: Allegedly it caused the stir on the internet.
Speaker 5: It caused the people just found out that you can comb out locks.
Speaker 4: That man, why the alleged, you know, just to keep the drama gun.
Speaker 3: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 7: Trip had locks yesterday, cand you tell?
Speaker 4: Can you tell.
Speaker 3: Not your locks overnight?
Speaker 5: I'm tender headed to comb locks out. I can barely comb my hair like this.
Speaker 1: That would have to hurt well.
Speaker 3: I follow his here stylist Nikia, and I'm shout out to Nikia. She's been working with for a long time, and I believe she made a post saying that it took a couple of days. But it is possible, y'all to come out locks. It is. I'm sure he did cut some of it though, because it's his here is not as long as it was. But yeah, it's possible. All things are possible. To christ I.
Speaker 1: Have no body might never talk about the next month head.
Speaker 3: I like the change up though. The changeup is nice. The changeup is nice.
Speaker 1: You see the three of us like may now I talk about that when you're going to some locks, like if I could grow locks, I grow locks. This part right here, I have George Jefferson lot.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: I think it's impressive that he still had all that here all these years because ja's about how old now he's in the fifties.
Speaker 1: I think he's fifty, and.
Speaker 8: It's free for him.
Speaker 1: Lock, Yeah, because he got one big lot, right, I would have lots and then a key hole. Disold be the key hole because it's not cold.
Speaker 3: The sack locks. Colder sack locks.
Speaker 8: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Beyond wife, beyond wife.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 4: That's all I got.
Speaker 3: Love it tricks, all right. Well, back to my detox, y'all.
Speaker 1: So we needed a detox. Yeah, see I was very quiet while she's telling the story. That is why.
Speaker 3: Well you're having flashbacks of like everything we've been going through her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we was going through a lot and a lot, y'all, as you can tell.
Speaker 3: Did you have to ring the bell because you were coming in the garage doors?
Speaker 1: And here's the funny thing. When I answered the phone, he said, Hey, Zach, I'm at the gate. It's a black man, are you kidding?
Speaker 4: Exact name?
Speaker 1: They see my name. So once they see my name and it's a black person.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, let me throw that in there. That's smart.
Speaker 1: He said. He's, oh, this is exact. I know, I know. He probably didn't do it on purpose. Neither. This is the ship I go through. That's wow, That's what I be stressed about. You want to go stairs real quick and see what they're going on.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I guess I was going if mom was here, lifelime, but I guess.
Speaker 9: All right, yep, hold on, y'all, yeah, not heards, make sure okay we're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So I mean we was, we was going through it. It was you ever get overstimulated and just be like, I'm done with everything and everybody. I have been overstimulated since the top of the year. And it's funny because when New Year comes around, that's when people typically do like a natural reset, right. You start your fitness journey, your diet journey. Uh, you set parameters around boundaries for your life, and then around March, all that shit go out the window because life happens. So it was April for us, and it just seemed like we were at that point where everything was just going out the window and we were just jumping and get everything done. And I remember having a conversation with you. This was before your actual detox, and I said, Yo, you need to get off that phone because me and Kay was beefing. And I don't know if this is just us as a couple, but it seems like every couple has one person who scrolls and one person who waits, so that person is done scrolling, you know what I'm saying. And I feel like you and I both needed to detox from that phone. And when I said to you, like you need to give up the phone, you I said to me, well, I'm gonna get rid of the phone and I'm gonna stop eating all of this stuff that we was eating because we were also.
Speaker 10: I don't want to call it emo eating, but we were going through a lot.
Speaker 1: At the end of the night, we were just I would have two beef patties and coco bread every single night.
Speaker 4: I was wild and.
Speaker 1: For a month and Coco bread.
Speaker 4: We would every night.
Speaker 3: We would just sit down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ice cream patties. Yea, y'all know I don't eat like this. I have the ice cream cookie patties. It didn't seem like I was trying to do anything to escape from whatever we.
Speaker 3: Do went on, and it was like a late night thing too, because it's like, Okay, if you have more two things during the day, cool, no body, you will work it off, but it's like at the end of the night, it was like we're finally able to just everyone's asleep, it's just him and I and then it's like we're eating and we're talking and we're just trying to enjoy what we can of each other.
Speaker 1: Because yes, no, you know.
Speaker 3: That was literally it, you know, And it's funny you say, you feel like the top of the year. I feel like twenty twenty five rolled into it, and my new year started on June first, like it was a delayed start to the new year for me because I feel like I got no reprieve from anything from last year.
Speaker 1: Remember last year got number. Twenty twenty five started real quickly started, Filming.
Speaker 3: Started quick yeah, which was fine. Filming. The show came out in June, essence Fest July. We had an amazing July with the kids, and that was the last I remember of like having a good time. And then it was like top of September, Dad gets sick. We paused the house. Kids are back to school, so it's the school year, and then we're also navigating hurricane and Jamaica, losing cg losing my cousin, losing three other cousins. Dad in the cancer like there were just so many things happening other friends who have health issues, yes, and then back to filming in the middle of all of this. For me one season and for you two seasons of different shows, it's just like it was no reprieve. So I think the straw that broke the camel's back for me was taking on the load of having to navigate the house situations with both sets of parents. You know, my dad doesn't have an email address. I don't think he ever has had one. You know, my mom is like, how do you attach this document to that? How do you docu sign? And it's like I was literally getting pulled in a thousand directions. So something had to give. And I'd been wanting to do this fourteen day raw detox. So shout out to High Frequency High Frequency Tease. The name of the business, Shanika was the owner. Sources everything fresh from Jamaica. She has farmland out there where she will harvest all of her crops, herbs, things like that, and I just feel like I needed the reset. My sister had done it at the top of the year and she'd I think two years prior, and she said she felt great mental clarity, skin cleared up. She lost like ten twelve pounds on it. So I'm like, you know what, for me, I know I need an internal reset because also dealing with some hell things, you know, the low iron, hair shedding, fibroid issues, heavy cycles. There was like a bunch of things happening internally that I also wanted to kind of get a handle on and regulate. So for me, it was about physical but also needing the mental clarity and reset brain fog, which I didn't even realize I had. I definitely had it because about three or four days into it, I was telling Deval, I feel like my vision got better, Like I could see better. The world looks sharper, Everything looked crisper. I cut cold turkey cut coffee for it. You know, I have my coffee every morning, which I typically love, so I was prepared to have like the ill caffeine withdrawal headache.
Speaker 4: That's my daily detox coffee run right, the.
Speaker 3: New York is noted bodegga coffee hit different. Some people do. Some people have that it's for them.
Speaker 5: Josh stomach bro Yeah, I'll be running in for my morning walk. I drink some coffee, go outside, for a morning walk. I'll be out there for like forty five seconds and be like, oh God, I.
Speaker 1: Guess it ain't bad. Coffee ain't bad for you know, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, you know, I guess the cafe.
Speaker 5: It's the sugar, honestly, the sugar and the dairy that people mostly mostly put in their coffee. If you drink black coffee, it's not necessarily bad for you. Caffeine it is not bad for you either, right.
Speaker 1: Because I was thinking, the coffee is a bean, you boil a bean, how bad could that be?
Speaker 3: But once you said the milk, you add the facts to it, Yeah, it makes it a dessert. At that point, you're starting a day with a dessert.
Speaker 1: It's funny you talked about mental clarity. This is the biggest thing too for people with detox is that they don't understand. You have to sleep on the detox and you get a lot of mental clarity when you sleep. Most people don't get five hours of sleep straight rim sleep that you're supposed to get. Most people don't. We always thinking about things. We scroll the night, or we watch the TV till we fall asleep, and you can't get into a room sleep if you have the TV on or if you scroll until you fall asleep. So I think the fact that you changed your diet was one component. I think it was a huge component. But getting off the phone and choosing to sleep, really I think helped you with the mental clarity and the brain.
Speaker 3: Fall oh for sure. For sure your body also will recover well when you don't eat late. So I was pretty much intermittent fasting. I was only able to have solid raw foods or fruits and vegetables for eight hours out of the day. So I adjusted it the card that they send, you know, they send like a packet, it's eleven to seven. I just adjusted the time because of the summertime, so we've been sleeping in a bit. But I was only eating food, food like solid between two pm and ten pm, and then that was my cutoff point and then we typically stay up until maybe, like you know, twelve one ish. And yes, I was only eating for eight hours out of the day, and I feel like I was getting some of the best sleep.
Speaker 4: Ever.
Speaker 3: Is it rem sleep when they say you dream like really Like, I've been dreaming like crazy, all sorts of random shit. But that just lets me know when I wake up in the morning. I'm refreshed, like ready to tackle today versus like dragging myself out of the bed and then let me get my coffee so I can get a jolt of energy to be able to continue.
Speaker 1: You added something that I completely forgot about digestion while sleep. When you don't eat late, your body's not constantly digesting food, so you sleep better. And people, you know, people think detoxes is typically for I want to lose weight, but it really wasn't just about that.
Speaker 8: For you.
Speaker 1: It was also your skin and your hair. And I know this might be too much information, but we talk a lot on this show. You had your cycle during that fourteen day detox, and during that time you still had some heavy bleeding because of the fibroids, but you had no headaches, you could sleep, you had no dark days, no, and your energy was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, just in that short amount of time. While I was doing that, eating raw and then you're taking also these capsules that they provide in the packet, and this tea that you have to drink every morning thirty two ounces, so I steep it overnight and then strain it in the morning. The tea is awful. I'll say that I'll put that out there. Anybody who's debating about to do it, just prepare yourself as fourteen days of a really terrible bitter tea. But what I would do is slice up an orange into fourst and I would drink half of it, then consume two pieces of the orange, and then within the next hour consume the other half. But Baby, it cleared my ass out because I'm men. Tell y'all, you talk about having to clear my ass out, because you're talking about having a rush back inside after a walk. Baby. There were about three instances where I was driving somewhere. One time that Jackson was driving home from somewhere with me and I was picking up the food. I was picking up some catering fruit to drop off for a friend, and Jackson got off the highway to our exit and from the exit terror house. It's like about a ten minute drive when he's driving, I could have probably did it in five. Baby, the way my stomach I called deval. It tried to be so calm because I don't want to alarm Jackson that I was in crisis. Most Jackson hit the guest baby listen. I was like, hey, Baby, do me the favorite open the garage door real quick. Just make sure everything is open, because you know, once you get close to the til toilet, your body is like it's home, free, baby, And I'm like, we're not free yet.
Speaker 4: Why is that we not?
Speaker 3: I don't know why that is and it's not just me, right, So it happens when.
Speaker 1: You get to that door, and oh, anywhere that happens.
Speaker 7: I could be in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: I'm like, it wasn't like that seconds ago.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know so, and that dad was wearing a Maxi dress. I was like trying to struggle to get the dress up and I could quick. But I'm sure you could have, but you wouldn't want to have been.
Speaker 4: There for the next second.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't want to have been there for the next second.
Speaker 5: So I gotta say, Kadeen, poop stories are the joy of my life.
Speaker 1: Then I tell you she talked about poop all the time. Joy.
Speaker 7: I noticed it.
Speaker 1: About her with poop. I live this, bro, I lived.
Speaker 3: This regular, y'all. You know what I'm saying. You gotta be aware of what's coming out of your body. And every time I pooped, you got to make sure you you are aware. Remember when we went to the holistic doctor, and she told you how and she said that you should talk about so you know, f y. I went to the holistic doctor after I did that blood work, and she said it should be about twelve inches a day pause of poop that should be happening, and it doesn't have to be all twelve at once.
Speaker 4: Curl.
Speaker 3: It could write exactly with like a curl, kind of like a banana. Yep, yeah, I need y'all.
Speaker 1: I got no, I got no. I'm not describing my pool to y'all. I love y'all on the internet, but I'm not describing my pool to y'all.
Speaker 3: No, you do not have to describe it. I'm just something you would but you'll be describing.
Speaker 1: Your pool to us. She takes pictures of it. Yeah, like too much, this may be too much. I got to show you this, I'd.
Speaker 3: Be like, oh no, for real though, Like seriously.
Speaker 5: My question is you were on your cycle during the detox. How did that work out? Like beforehand? Because I know during the Judeo phase, I be like insatiable, like I will know and just anything.
Speaker 4: I don't eat any thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and just a whole lot of them Brooks side Pommer granted one to joint slap.
Speaker 4: Definitely, I'll have multiple chocolate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't keep it in the house. I didn't keep it in the house. That was my biggest thing. I remember I said, oh, I can really go for this right now, and then I just didn't have it in the house. So you have to literally have the will, the.
Speaker 1: Key for detoxing all of it, not just out of your sight, out of your house. The problem is when you try to do a detox, whether it's the phone or whether it's something, if it's readily available for you, you're gonna go back to it. I don't charge my phone. I'm still currently detoxing on my phone, so when my phone dies, I'm forced to do what put it somewhere to charge That to me is my way of doing it, and I think more people need to do that.
Speaker 5: And I feel like you also have to be set up for everything else in your life so that you can focus on the detox. Because I've been to do a detox for like the last month, and I'll have all the food, no junk in my house, but then I won't have something else won't be aligned, like I'll be stressed out about work or you know, I'll need to pay a bill, which always just throws everything off.
Speaker 4: I need a drink.
Speaker 1: I won't say this though, that's what the detox is for.
Speaker 11: Though.
Speaker 1: The clarity is like I don't have no other vices, so where does my mind go all of my stresses? And it also like teaches you how to manage those stresses, like, Okay, these are the bills that I have to deal with. The vice is, fuck the bills. I'm gonna go drink this whatever it is. When you're forced to have a detox is like I can't let me focus on this. And when you realize, like, man, I can handle these tasks, you start to realize like I'm more powerful than I think that I am.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what happened to me. Baby, Like literally think about the things that I've locked in on, the things that we've discussed, and I'm just like, I feel like a brand new woman in two weeks. To your point, Trible, if we're constantly waiting for when's the right time to do the detox, it'll never happen. I literally had to say to myself June first, there's like no non negotiable I'm not traveling for two weeks. We were debating about even going away for a weekend, and I was like, Babe, I gotta get through two weeks. I said, just give me two weeks. I need this for myself. I called my friend because we were supposed to go out for her birthday on that Monday, and I was like, girl, I could have easily been like, you know what, I'll start tomorrow. I'll start on Tuesday. Because I promised her we go out for her birthday.
Speaker 4: I called.
Speaker 3: I said, says, listen, I gotta postpone this birthday outing unless you want to come get some raw fruits and veggies with me. We can do a farmer's market run. We could do a pilates class, we could do something cute like that. I said, but I can't indulge over any food right now.
Speaker 1: But this is what's also important about a detox. It also points it shows you who your friends, family, and who your supporters are. Because when you're trying to do a detox or trying to do something that's going to make you better, and those people are saying, nah, come do this, those aren't the people you want around you anyway. So when you keep the people who will be like, all right, girl, I'm with you. I'll catch you the next time. It's like that's someone that has value. It's just someone who sees it. I'm trying to be better for myself and realistically, a detox, whether it's a phone, whether it's food, whether it's some sort of exercise sauna thing you're doing, it's all about the ultimate test of will. Do you have the will power to be disciplined when no one else around you wants to be disciplined? Because that's ultimately what we were talking about this with control, right, Control people look like they're controlling when they don't have boundaries, right, because that's what discipline is. Discipline is just like I'm setting these boundaries. And if you're a type of person that always says boundaries and always wants to do things right, it can look controlling to someone who lives without boundaries. Detoxes pretty much show you who the people are around you and who you are when you don't have boundaries. You see what I'm saying, it's like, oh gosh, and then it kind of that's the clarity. So it's like, wait a minute, when this detox is over, do I want to go back to doing those things or do I want to stay in this clarity mindset. Now, That's why detoxes, to me are like the best thing ever, because that's we detoxed from sugar, We detoxed from dairy three years ago and never went back right because we saw the value.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean the way I feel now, I'm like, shoot, there's certain things I'm not I'm just not gonna do anymore, you know, aside from the fact that I think that I've kind of got to the root of some of my issues that were happening internally that you know, different foods were feeding these these chronic things that were going on. I mean, I feel so good that I'm like, I'm considering like, okay, only pescatarian slash plant based, you know, doing what works for my body, like going back to the list of things that the holistic doctor told me that I can't consume or I shouldn't consume because it's not good for my body, you know. So it's been great, and I've been having a great support system, Like, you know, two of my friends in particular always checking on me, and now they're currently doing it. So I posted a couple you know, highlights on my stories about my journey. I lost thirteen pounds in two weeks. Wow, yeah, thirteen pounds high frequency.
Speaker 1: Doing a bunch of workout stuff at the time because she couldn't work out while detoxing the way she wanted to, so we weren't doing a bunch of like long cardio sessions for thirty.
Speaker 3: Right, or no heavyweight lifting or hit like I normally would. But my body felt so good that I'm like, I have the energy, I'm up in the morning, I'm getting good sleep. I do want to move my body, Like being able to move your body every day is a gift, and I'm like, if I am able to do it while detoxing, even if it's something as simple as doing a track work out with the boys or a light walk or something, it just helps to get the lymphatic system moving, so that way only speeds up and helps to expedite the detox process.
Speaker 1: What are the top five things you think people like listening now just start detoxing, just if you could start details. What are the top five things.
Speaker 3: I'll get from from people?
Speaker 1: People?
Speaker 10: A good one that was at the top of my list, and that was a large part of the reason why I even felt like I needed to detox because I was being drained by so many sources outside of me and my household.
Speaker 3: So detoxing from people, people who no longer serve you, no longer provide any assets to your life, people who are constant liabilities. That's the one thing. Detoxing from the phone, and not just social media, but just the constant need to always feel like you have to be applying instantly to people. Like I've said it before that I feel like we live in a society of instant gratification where people always feel the need to have instant access to you, and if they don't have that, either something's wrong. Let people wait. People can wait, different things that can wait. Detoxing from food, so you know things that I know not body for sure, Yeah, sugar, dairy, red meats, anything that was heavy detoxing.
Speaker 1: Never says and I'm going to say it.
Speaker 8: There's news.
Speaker 1: Well no, I don't even say the news. But it's even more simple to me.
Speaker 3: The phone, the news, social media all is in one.
Speaker 1: But the whole team no sleep mentality. We have to mentality the team, no sleep mentality. I got to hustle and grind twenty five hours a day. We got a detox from that, because that is really causing us to have mental breakdown. Sleep deprivation is serious. People who don't sleep enough. By the time you get to that third day, you can't think properly. That's where brainfall comes in and everything becomes so loud, right because you haven't slept, So every little distraction is like screaming at you.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then my last one will probably be detoxing from fomo, like the fear of missing out on thinks and having to be in places. You know, I always felt like, you know, damn, I want to go like the oldkidie who wasn't detoxing with about baby. We got to catch this flight because I gotta go just be in New York, just to be in New York the next one. And I'm just like, you know what, No, I don't need to I don't have to do that. I don't have to be at this event. I don't have to be at these things. I know, Josh, you don't feel the same, But I was using that as an example because it's what's happened recently. But yeah, just detoxing from the mindset of having to be everywhere and do everything. No, it's okay. I'm fine in my house.
Speaker 1: The fact that you started with people, I think that's I think that's smart, y'all.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I left a couple of group chats. You know what I'm saying, like, just think that I felt like, yeah, just like things that I felt like. You know, I just this person. This is like a low vibrational environment for me right now, and I just don't feel like I want to engage. I don't want to consume it. I'm not going to be engaging in it by giving any energy to it. So this place doesn't serve me at the moment. Cool, I'm off that, and.
Speaker 8: YO, protect your piece.
Speaker 7: She's enlightened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am. I am. We had a great conversation with bla best friend. Yeah, we were just talking about a lot of enlightening topics.
Speaker 1: The fourth floor. Once you hit floor, yeah, and you start looking around and you realize it's like, yeah, I have four decades of life experience now twenty four for what I'm there are.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: You just prioritize though.
Speaker 1: Oh for watching six years, you watch, but watching six years you think you did. Now when you get six more years, you're going to be like because I know now once I get to the fifth floor, I'm gonna be like, ain't no shit. In my forties, I did that.
Speaker 8: I mean like detoxing from people. I've been on that since twenties, Like because people are draining.
Speaker 1: You've never been intoxicated by people to detox people. That's not true how much people used to. Ever since I've known you, Matt, I've never seen you with a bunch of people. That's just since I known you. So I don't like lessons early.
Speaker 4: I only know.
Speaker 1: Matt from being in the gym and working with Josh. I don't ever remember Matt with a bunch of that.
Speaker 8: I started pulling myself away from a lot of the groups and people early because it's like, what is this for? Like we live in a society where we have to do stuff to please somebody else. Most of the time, it's like this doesn't make sense for me. I'm out.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny that now that you say that, right, you didn't finish. You have one more year left of college. You're forced to be in those environments when you play football, and then you play football professionally, It's almost like you're forced to be in that group setting, and then as you retire and stuff, you realize, like I don't hang around that group as much as I did when it was part of what my lifestyle. Well, yeah, that's you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying, forced you to have to be social or you know, be within a group. But it's like if you don't want to be in that group anymore, then yeah.
Speaker 8: But I even talking talking to my wife about like the monotony of how social media is nowadays, Like we feel the need we have to post somebody for their birthday, We have to do this around these times, like what, I don't even speak to you a year and then all of a sudden, Hey, happy birthday, bro, what you're doing. I'm not doing anything, especially not with you, because I don't so I stopped posting people for their birthday. Stop doing all these things. If it's your birthday, and I'll reach out to you, if I love you, I'm actually reach out to.
Speaker 3: You, actually reach out to you, because it's true because then if you post one person in the month of June and then you didn't post the other person, right, I didn't get posted for my birthday, and then it becomes this like monotony and rat race of trying to keep up with social media as.
Speaker 7: Well as age.
Speaker 1: Bro I met mat at forty fifteen years ago. Matt sixty eight right now.
Speaker 3: Sixty eight is crazy. Yeah, So it's been a good time. I've felt great. If anybody's considering it needs a reset for whatever number of reasons, I think it's a really good place to start, you know, really good place to start. Are you going to do it?
Speaker 4: Babe?
Speaker 3: Because I have two friends who jumped on so far that I know personally, a couple of people who have asked about it, so I know that I've been in touch with the company. They gave me a code for people to use. It's my first name, Kadeen fifteen, just so we can track, like how many people have been jumping on board. I'm not making any money off of it, because I kind of was just like, no, this is for like, I don't mind sharing my journey if it means that people can get better. So I'm not making anything off of it, but I do truly believe in their products. I have two friends who are currently doing it. One person's on day five, the other one I believe started yesterday. And then one of my friend's husbands sees her doing it, and he's now inspired to do it, so they're going to be doing it together. So would you ever think you could do a raw detox before?
Speaker 1: That's not hard? Yeah, that's I mean.
Speaker 3: I feel like anything with your mind's who you're going to do.
Speaker 1: Remember, I went on that whole thing where all I was doing was juicing for a month. So I think a raw detays wouldn't be difficult. It's just choosing to to want to do it. I don't think it's something that I would I could never live or plant raw bait. I could not live like that, but I wouldn't mind doing that three months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was saying, year.
Speaker 8: I can see you being ito by the way eating it tel food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could provision that scene. I could see that. I just I love I love fish and the way I lift weights heavyweights, dynamic movements and exercises. I'm gonna need creating and I'm gonna need protein.
Speaker 8: That's what I was going to say. I was going to say I would do the raw diet, but I've lost enough weight and then I start actually looking sick if I do that, So I'm not do.
Speaker 3: You have lost a lot of weight though, yeah, and then I mean, I guess the results are different, Like I don't know if everybody loses, like I lost thirteen pounds and not because I was like, oh, let me watch this skill and try to lose this weight. It kind of was just naturally happening as I I was going. But I know, I don't want to maintain from here on out.
Speaker 1: I know I made jokes about you talking about poop, But this is what was interesting to me. It was day seven of the fast and you was only had at that point fruits and vegetables, but you still saw stuff coming out of your body, which was to me was like, yo, it's been a week, which means there's stuff that sits and stays coated in your stomach and your digestive system even when you not eating that stuff, which also makes you realize, like dang, how much of that stuff seeps into your blood and your pores and decays because it's sitting in your stomach for a week at a time. That to me was like eye opening. Because I'm the type of person that used I use the bathroom three four times a day. I'm just naturally I go a lot, so I've never been backed up like that, But then it still made me think, like, I eat a lot of food, So even though you go a lot, that don't mean that all of that stuff goes out of your body every single day.
Speaker 7: No, how long was it till you actually felt like all that old stuff passed to the.
Speaker 3: Old stuff past to the eye, maybe like seven to nine days?
Speaker 11: Wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, seven to nine days?
Speaker 8: Sorry when you were juicing, did you have the same reaction like you still?
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 1: I was surprised that my poop was still talking about poop, It's still solid, And I was like two. I was like, I remember specifically, it was the second week. I was going into the second week, and I was like, how is my pool still solid like this? Because all I'm doing is juicing. I wasn't eating anything else. And then it was just kind of like maybe, And in my mind, I'm like, maybe the juice is turning into solid because I'm not thinking that there's still pooping there from a week before. But now that I think about it, go back. I was eating steaks and sandwiches and pub subs for months before that, so that stuff was probably sitting in there, and we now know that the bread and them pub subs ain't really bread, so it doesn't dissolve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's certain things that just sits there. And I learned too. I was reading about my blood type. There's a book called Reading Right for your blood type, and I had talked about before. So my blood type inherently has low stomach acid type eight people. So that's why it's harder for me to digest something like lamb or beef. It tends to sit there for a minute. So if you have low stomach acid and you're having a hard time digesting it, then what it does is it puts stress on your liver. Then your liver is having to compensate by getting all the toxins and stuff out. So now you have a sluggish liver. You know, the sluggish liver produces excess estrogen. I have FIB heavy bleeding, so I was doing the dose fear liver try. I'm still doing that now that I'm off of the fast, taking my dose form my liver to make sure that my liver is in good health so that way I can My body's supposed to do what it's supposed to do, so if I can get rid of that excess estrogen, then hopefully that'll help the fibrose situation. So it's just a chain reaction. It's like you realize that one thing is off, and then it promotes another thing, and then it promotes another thing, and it's like you want to try to do what you can to see how you can level things out, you know. So I just want to feel normal for once. So I feel like I'm always combating something coming my way. So these two weeks have been great. I don't intend to go back to much sugar. I don't have cravings for it, like when you mentioned and that ludial phase when you feel like you want something sweet or for me, it was the craving for something crunchy, like I wanted like a cracker or something the whole time that I was detoxing. But yes, really watching the intake with that alcohol. Never really was a big fan of alcohol before. So I don't really plan to go back into that if I don't have to. Maybe an occasional one or two here and there. But yeah, y'all, I feel great. I encourage you. I feel refreshed.
Speaker 1: Truth babe, I can't wait.
Speaker 3: There, triple Can you do it? Fourteen day row detox?
Speaker 4: You think, I mean? I probably you can't. I want to.
Speaker 5: I've been wanting to detox and just get my gut health in order, because I do notice that the way that I eat affects how I feel as far as adhdgos like me being able to focus and me being able to like quiet my mind and slow my thoughts down and put one foot in front of the other. So I could, I think I could. It would be hard because I'd be waning something hot.
Speaker 3: Man, that was the thing. That was the thing. I was content, so I wasn't hungry the entire time. Because you'll be surprised how I was literally slicing a watermelon in half and just took a spoon to it, like eating watermelon pie. Oh yeah, all, like just it was just easy and doing it in the summertime is great because there's so many fruits in seasons, so this was like the perfect time to do it. So mangos making a kale salad like those were things that were easy to do. But but yeah, if you did, what was it? What did you just say that I was I lost?
Speaker 4: I'd be on something hot.
Speaker 3: Yes, So that was it. So I felt I felt content and I was I was hungry. I mean, I wasn't hungry, but I wasn't satisfied. So the satisfaction that you get from like a full meal, or from a hot meal, or from like something solid, like a piece of fish, like that.
Speaker 1: Was you know what that's called. A doctor said, that's just that's called addiction. The cravings you get, is it because your body is hungry, It's because you're addicted to whatever it is you've been eating. And when you learn how to ignore of those cravings and you can avoid the addiction, that's how your body will get back to.
Speaker 3: Its natural space or food being satisfaction, you know, Like that's why I equate satisfaction, you know, And then think about how much that we do socially to consume food. Like I'm going out for a friend with a friend for her birthday. It has to be around food, like, oh, let's go for dinner. Like we need to maybe find ways to commune with people and celebrate, do something else and not be around food and drinks all the time. You know. Realized, I realized how limiting that could be.
Speaker 1: To save money, everything don't got to be a brunch. We go out to get drinks for a walk around. Let's go Yeah, let's go for but me and Kay was laughing. Well, Kay pointed it out. Blood came by here, he brought his daughter by and we were just chilling, right, you know what. We were sipping on watermelon juice. She was laughing because I made we get together after not seeing each other for months or years. The first we're gonna do is get some drinks. Bow bow a drink. We get an old fashion or if we think at old school, and then we get a vodka. And because we don't drink like that no more. But now it's like, yeah, I have a watermelon juice as well.
Speaker 3: We literally sat around the kids at table with no phones, no phone.
Speaker 1: We talked for two hours straight.
Speaker 3: More than that, remember I took Jackson to friends watched Yeah yeah, drinking watermelon juice and eating pineapple.
Speaker 1: That was how we spent the Saturday evening.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure. Yeah. Even on vacation out of and I'd be like, oh, let's go at our ginger shots as opposed to shot.
Speaker 8: I've been on that. Yeah, anywhere I go, I need some ginger shots or something.
Speaker 1: We old y'all here, was we old man?
Speaker 3: Josh, you're going wrong? Is that?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yeah, how you going to ask, Josh if you're going wrong? I'm sitting right my bad.
Speaker 4: What I dealing with?
Speaker 3: My bad brood? A fourteen day raw diet?
Speaker 7: Nah, you couldn't or quiet, Nah, I'm not doing it, not doing it?
Speaker 3: Why I like food too much.
Speaker 4: I've done it.
Speaker 7: I'm gone as far as doing like Daniel fast twe one days and you've done through those.
Speaker 1: But no, not raw. You can't like your raw diet, you could do it. You can't do hot food right, like nothing cooked now, So.
Speaker 8: What is it done?
Speaker 7: Because you could do because you can do like peas and lentul like you do like hot foods.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't eat meat like China.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you wouldn't eat meat or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Close closer, but that cold stuff.
Speaker 7: I just couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I did that, and I did lose thirteen pounds as well, eighteen maybe eighteen pounds actually I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm on the car that they give you with the detox that it says that you can consume some things cooked like chickpeas on there a couple of different like mushrooms and things like that. But I just they recommend that you try to do it. One hundred percent wrow, so I try.
Speaker 1: I want to point this out too.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Everybody be saying, you know, fat, fat, fat. A lot of times people don't be fat, they'd be inflamed. Inflammation is different from fat. That's why some people are losing thirteen or eighteen pounds in a two week diets. You didn't lose fat, you just no longer ain't flamed. Overtaining in my back and my knees to cut inflammation, and I was able to move better. I'm not I don't look like I lost any weight, but the inflammation is going. So when you detox and you also get rid of a ton of inflammation in your body.
Speaker 3: And I was drinking like a gallon of water a day, maybe if not a little bit more with a lot of water. So my skin, honey, my skin hopey. No breakouts this cycle either. I maybe got like one little blumage. But thank you, babe. I feel good. I don't encourage anybody if you won't give it a try High Frequency Tea if you look them up, I follow them on Instagram too, and if you use my code Coadeen fifteen. That's also where I get my chigo butter y'all. So we don't use sunblock anymore for sunscreen. We use chagow butter for the skin when we lay out in the sun outside. All really good, all natural stuff. So investigate through your research. There's a seven day detox, fourteen day, there's a twenty one day. I may try that one next time around. You know, we'll see, but I do plan to do this, you know, at least once or twice a year. Summertime is easy because, like I said, there's so many fruits and vegetables readily available that are freshen in season.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break, pay some bills.
Speaker 11: When come back, get these listener letters.
Speaker 1: All right, we're back, Hey, Kadeen and Duval, and a big up to Triple Matt and Joshua. Well my name is Teresa.
Speaker 3: Heteresa.
Speaker 1: I wrote to you guys in the Dead Ass podcast and it was about an age gap, just an update, no question in mine. I was twenty one and he was fifteen years older. Well chor as hell, never doing that again. The topic of timing, where we wanted different things at certain points in life was an issue for us. He wanted to start a family, which is something I guess he would once he mentioned his age, so I just put that at the back of my mind. But there was no way I was doing that, because that is a heavy and that is heavy and a life changing responsibility, especially when I'm just navigating life in med school. In other words, I'm a child in this playground called life. I realized mid relationship that he he had dated women around my age bracket twenty five and below while in his thirties, and that made me uncomfortable because most times that is indicative of someone who is aware of their actions and chooses people who he knows he can push his limits with and it will still be tolerated. But when dealing with a woman with a woman his age, there are certain things that won't be tolerated. I also realized when I started to confront him about certain things that I wasn't comfortable with, it would either get thrown in my face or I would be gasped or zero accountability from his part. Personally, I don't like that. My moment of truth is I don't ever. I don't think he ever saw me for me, rather as someone he can just marry and have kids with, because that was the reason he was in the calls became part of me.
Speaker 3: The season he was no the.
Speaker 1: Season he was in, the calls became less since we were long distance and it was always I am busy. Plus I thought that when people are dating, it's supposed to be a man and a woman, not a man and a woman. I don't know why she put that in multiple a women, oh women. I found out that he was still seeing other women while we were dating, and I just had the ache and pulled out what were they dating or were they?
Speaker 3: Maybe?
Speaker 1: I wish she would say were they dating or were they.
Speaker 3: It seems like they were dating, the two of them, but he was also seeing other.
Speaker 1: Women, and that's what I'm saying. I wish she would tell us if they agreed to be explicit like open relationship. Yeah, considering we had already discussed that. If you feel like this isn't working longer, either of us should be honest. I have so much more to say, but I will just end it here. I did what was right for me, which was the advice you both gave me, and I'm still applying that to this day. I was the highest in my class in the last two some message. I remember her. She's a doctor and just trying to try my best to thrive every day. Thank you so very much for reading this, truly grateful.
Speaker 3: Oh I love this. I love that you guys have taken the advice and been like updating us on different scenarios and stuff like that. So she listened, and she listened to herself.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's all you could do anything is she's young, so she has plenty of time.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, absolutely, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying. She has plenty of time to go.
Speaker 3: To reesa girl. So look at you, highest in the class the last two semesters. You're well on your way. Whoever's out there for you, You're going to find him, says, you are going to find him. That's great.
Speaker 1: I do have a question, though, I'm Matthew in trouble. She said that he was twenty five. No, she's twenty five, and he dated women around her age, right, Yeah, he's in his thirties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's twenty one and he was fifteen years old, as that means he was thirty six.
Speaker 1: Right, So she said that gave him, That gave her the ick. The thing I'm a little confused about when it comes to women is that women often talk about wanting to date men who are more mature, who have more life experience, who can show them things in life.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, she said I found her. You're saying gave the itch, and she said it was because he was dating other women simultaneously, that's why.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But she also said that him dating women in their twenties when he was in his thirties gave her the ick, right, didn't she say that? Here? You see what I'm saying. Okay, to me, that's kind of like a contradiction.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see he dated women in my age bracket.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you're your twenty fives, right, and those women typically are saying or at least online, which is just one demographic a woman, it's not all of them, but those women are saying they date more mature men because they want to date a man who can teach themselves about life and lead them. But then when it doesn't work out with that, then it's he was just trying to pray on me because he knew I wouldn't push back. That to me just doesn't make sense. Oh, I see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I see what she's saying. So she was essentially saying that she felt like he was dating younger because he kind of controlled the environment with the women versus women who are younger looking to date older men, because she feels like they feel like they have more establishing take care.
Speaker 1: And I just wanted to ask, y'all, is women your take on that, you know, the younger women saying, if it's an older man, he's praying on us when it don't work out, but when it does work out, it was I dated an older man because he had more like, Yeah, where do we fall as women.
Speaker 3: On and that's interesting technically, I'm.
Speaker 1: Just asking y'all because this is she said. It gave her the ack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think she just fucked around and found out. You know what I'm saying, because it may look enticing from the outside looking, and she might think, Oh, I have an older guy who kind of has this stuff together. He can help me navigate and maneuver life. But when it doesn't work out or you realize that that's not really what he was trying to do was do life with me. He was trying to do life and have me tag along within the parameters of what he foresees he wants. Then she realized, like this guy probably was not it for me, you know what I'm saying. I think it's like an individual scenario depending on those.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Do y'all think it's just an age thing or it is just individual me personally, I think it's individual, Like certain people are just assholes. You can be a thirty five year old asshole, you'll be a twenty five year asshole. I just think certain people are assholes. Her thing about saying that him dating younger guys constantly gave her the ick. I'm just saying it sounds hypocritical because women often say they they older guys for that.
Speaker 3: Right, and she and she was doing the same She was doing the same thing, and then she realized that this is not working out.
Speaker 1: It's not what I want, right, So I just want to know y'all perspective.
Speaker 5: Well, I think it depends on what the reason for agents or where age falls into your preference, because if you're dating younger in order to have more power or in a relationship, that's kind of negative. It's a little bit like you don't want to be in a relationship where somebody is dating you because of your age, because they know that you're naive and they want to pray on your naivete Whereas if you date someone that you admire, that you look up to, that you want to build with. You know what I'm saying, that is not praying on their naive dae. That's like I don't want to say praying, but it's like trying to learn something from somebody who's smarter than you, you know what I'm saying. So I don't think that it's necessarily the same thing, or I don't think she was doing the same thing to him, But I feel like some people or some men might date younger women for power. You know, that's how some people view it. So if you're in a relationship and you think, Okay, he likes me for me, age is not a factor, But then you realize age is a factor because one of how he acts in the relationship, and two because his past shows that he's dated all these young women, you know what I'm saying. Like, then it becomes a problem if it's a pattern. For that reason.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest, I don't think dating young women is a problem.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's inherently a problem.
Speaker 1: I think it's a problem if you're doing it too manipulate and two ghost people, and I think that's a problem. The only reason why I asked it because she said that him dating younger women was like a red flag, and I'm like, that can't be a red flag. If younger women constantly say I'm dating older men because they're more mature, It's like you can't say you're dating older to learn, but then when it don't work out, you say he was praying on you, because in turn, you're choosing older men all the time, and every time an older man doesn't work out, if you say it gave you an ick that you were younger, inherently that's an issue with who you're choosing. You know what I'm saying. You just got to choose better men, not just older men.
Speaker 3: Just choose a better man if it is another older man, at least you don't just be aware that there are men out there who are looking to essentially be like, I can control this scenario because she's younger than me and maybe looking for a life that I can provide her.
Speaker 1: What I appreciate about her is she knew exactly what she wanted, She knew how she was going to get there, and when it wasn't working for her. You know what she said, I'm good. That to me is someone who's who knows their own value for sure and doesn't find their value in somebody else or something else. And I think that's the tuggest thing.
Speaker 3: She was like, I can do myself, and I think I.
Speaker 1: Think that's what more people, both men and women, need to start doing that. Rather than wrapping your value up in the social construct that other people are going to champion, find your value in yourself and be like, I feel good when I do this summer rock that way. So I pulled you on that, Mama, and congrats me.
Speaker 3: Keep going with the girl. I love that for you. I love it. And if you want to be featured for a future Listener letter, come on, y'all, write in to us at the Ellis Advice at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: That's th H E E L L I S A d V I C E at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: All right, time for the moment of truth. We're talking detox three sixty y'all, detoxing from everything in life, what you got, you had a moment truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say it first because Josh me stealing people moment two. My biggest thing is take time to listen to your body and learn your body. Right. So when you start learning about detox and stuff, you've left your parents' house, you're over eighteen. You have eighteen plus years of social conditioning and family conditioning and traditions that you just follow and do because you were brought up that way. All of those things you do may not be good for your body. Spend the time learning was good for your body it was not good, and start to read your body of those things. For example, if eating eggnogs every Christmas is part of your family tradition, but you're lactose intolerant, I think it's time now to start saying, hey, this doesn't work well with my body and my makeup, and I'm going to start making changes. And the only reason why I'm using egnogg isse it's just something simple. It could be the phone, it could be steaks, it could be the people. But start learning your body and listen when your body says this isn't good for me and I'm inflamed, cut.
Speaker 3: It, love it, Matt.
Speaker 8: What you got a classic health as wealth.
Speaker 3: Our original profess What you got, Josh.
Speaker 7: I don't have a moment of truth, but You definitely opened my eyes to I see.
Speaker 1: The glow, Bruce Lee your glow all along.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I'm a detaxes from things. Maybe not food specifically, but I do see the benefits.
Speaker 3: Dope drips Vegas. You was outside in Vegas, but.
Speaker 5: I got a couple of more outside moments to live through.
Speaker 3: The right Maybe July, so ju ju lit June.
Speaker 4: I'm lit July.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna sit down for a minute out.
Speaker 7: I need to detax from these necks. Man, this is crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't think you ever went to You're still a moment, bro. You know what it is.
Speaker 7: I've been I've been obsessed for so long, and now we reach the pinnacle. I could actually just like take a step back and just like.
Speaker 1: Yo, you sound like Sean. Remember Sean said he retiring. He's like, I don't need to be a fan anymore. My team won the World championship. We can have actual conversations about sports, and I'm not the butt of the joke. I'm good. He literally said, He's like I'm good on this. It's like we can talk about Brunton and Steph and Kyrie and I don't have to feel the way growing up in New York. The minute you start talking about basketball, people be like you are Knicks fan.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I used to.
Speaker 1: People because they me as a teenager, you will hurt me. I used to know one of those people. Bro raised your kids to hurt me. I did, I did. I'm not even gonna lie, I said. Yo, guys, he a Knicks fante. I did, I did. Jackson used to be on you too, bru he But you know what he said though, he said, Man, I'm happy for Josh. Bro I'm happy for Josh, but he don't come to him with the knickses better than the Warriors. Bullshit, because you're not Jack. But Nah, you can't detox the Nicks. You'll shout out the Knicks.
Speaker 3: Baby, let him, let him go. Six My moment of truth. The discipline that's required to detox can really make your life that much more dynamic. So if you can find it in you, if you can find the discipline to lock in for seven days, fourteen days, twenty one days, or even start with the weekend. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, start small things down, Yeah, start small and baby steps. I promise you you'll feel so much better. Yeah, Yeah, all right, be sure to find us on Patreon, y'all, where you can get exclusive Ellis family content as well as the After Show, and you can find us on social media at Ellis ever After. I'm Kadine, I Am and.
Speaker 8: I am Daval, I'm Gonna Score Back Ellis, and I'm Joshua Underscore Dwayne.
Speaker 5: And I'm at Traps, The Coulty Ribbz, The's Cool on Everything.
Speaker 1: And if you're listening on Apple Podcasts, be sure to rate reviews, subscribe, and download Baby Good, Baby Dead Ass. Got.
Speaker 5: Ellis ever After is an iHeartMedia podcast. It's hosted by Kadeen and Deval Ellis. It's produced by Triple Video, production by Joshua Duane and Matthew Ellis, video editing by Lashawan Rowe.
Speaker 6: If
Speaker 11: Boker and Fit You