Speaker 1: Coming up at the top of the hour, right about four minutes after. It's my Strawberry letter for today, and the subject is why can't I go with my friend and her cousin? All right, we'll get into that find out what that's all about in just a few Why can't I go with my friend and her cousin? Right now, it is time for the nephew and today's frank phone call Nephew.
Speaker 2: Well, Telly, you know what, when we go to church, oftentimes, you know, there's a mixture of race. Sometimes sometimes you marry and to marry someone that goes to a Baptist church. Right now, I got a white guy that is married to a black lady going to a Baptist church. Now. But you know, when you come up in our church, you know it's certain things you need to know.
Speaker 3: But what we have right.
Speaker 2: Here today is a Black Gospel quiz. Black Gospel Quiz. These are just things you need to know if you're gonna be sitting up in with us worship the Lord. Do you understand what I'm saying? This right here is the black goss Whoe is cat dog?
Speaker 1: If you would the goodness.
Speaker 3: This is grant our grant, Uh Grant Stevens. Right, Yes, Hey, hey Greg, this is brother Lewis Finley. I'm calling from Mount Sinin Missionary Baptist Church. You you and your wife just joined a couple of weeks ago, am I right?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Yes? Okay, So now listen, I wanted to reach out to you. I know you guys have started the uh the orientation and from my understanding, you you finished one one class at orientation. You got three more to go? Is that right? Yeah? All right, all right, all right. So first of all, I want to say welcome to Mount Sinin and and I hope you are enjoying yourself. I know that you and your wife are a mixed couple. You you're a Caucasian and she's she's black. Are you? Are you liking the church? So are Grant?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, we really are enjoying it. We completed our first orientation and yeah, so far we're really enjoying it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, did I catch at a bad time?
Speaker 4: I am a workeright now, but it's okay. I've got a couple of I've got a couple of.
Speaker 3: Minutes, Okay, okay, I just wanted to call you, man. I was worried. I know you because I don't think you noticed, but you are the first Caucasian to join our church, and I just want to make sure you kind of knew the language and just just kind of knowing what the Black Church is all about. And there's certain says and different things I think you should know so that you know. I just don't want you to say that the wrong thing while you at the church. If that makes sense, Okay, okay, So what I wanted to do, like, I wanted to give you a little Black Church quiz so you can kind of maybe if you could let me know where you are, you know, if you're on a lower level or a high level, was being knowledgeable about the Black Church? Like feel feel this blank in for me, grant And if you don't matter, I just want to take a little bit of time and I'll let you get back to work. But first of all, give a blank to God. What where would go in that blank?
Speaker 4: Right there?
Speaker 3: First of all, give a blank to God.
Speaker 4: Now all I can think of something has give Give thanks to God.
Speaker 3: No. See that's wrong, See that's wrong. See see what it is is. First of all, give a honor to y'all. All right, remember that, first of all, give an honor the God.
Speaker 4: You got that, okay, yes, yes, okay.
Speaker 3: First of all, give an honor to God, who is the blank of my life. What what? What? What goes in the blank? First of all, give an honor to God, who is the blank of my life.
Speaker 4: The love of my life.
Speaker 3: No, no, see that's that's that's that's wrong. First of all, give an honor to God, who is the head of my life. Do you share that?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Okay, I was just are you sure? Are you sure about that?
Speaker 3: Oh? I'm definitely sure about man, don't don't. Don't. What I don't want you to do is question what I know. I'm from the Black Church. I know.
Speaker 4: No, No, I wasn't. I wasn't questioning you, sir. I wasn't question. I'm sorry. I've just always heard it that way.
Speaker 3: But okay, So so I'm trying to give you the understanding of knowing what the Black Church is about. You know what I'm saying, I understand.
Speaker 4: I'm just I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: I'm I apologize. Okay.
Speaker 4: Now, now look, I don't know these answers, obviously, but I've got a meeting. I got to get to you here in a minute.
Speaker 3: Like this.
Speaker 4: I'm curious if everyone in the church get.
Speaker 3: These stone calls. Well wait a minute, wait a minute, grand I know what you have a meaning, But what's more important your meeting or knowing your position at the Black Church? What what's more important?
Speaker 4: I really don't have time for this right now. I can't believe it's actually happening. Like, did you did your pastor even know that you're calling you right now?
Speaker 3: Well? No, I took the liberty of myself. What I realized you was Caucasian, that I would call and try to help you so you would know what to do when you're in the Black Church when people are saying certain things you okay, okay, Grant, if you don't mind, just do this funny Gret, like do you know what hooping is? Hooping?
Speaker 4: Like, who's a hooping?
Speaker 3: No, hooping is when the pastor is at the end of his sermon. So listen to this. Oh goodn't got him? Do that funny? If you if you would, Grant, oh lo oh god, oh my no, no no more, come on you wom me now? Oh good God, got him? I got again.
Speaker 4: I can't believe I'm doing that. Oh Lord, oh yeah, oh God, old mighty.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hey, gret, do you think maybe res possible dick me? You could have some sessions before you come back to the church and I can prepare you more.
Speaker 4: Hey, man, listen, you have caught me at a really bad time and I'm quite honestly just so frustrated. Like I've never heard of a quiz like this. I'm really offended, to be honest, to be like, do you guys not want me to go to your church anymore? Like, as matter of fact, dude, you should be calling my wife right now.
Speaker 3: She's black. Well she should already know the quolest question you the ones don't know why I'm gonna call I should call you.
Speaker 4: I am at work right now. I have a meeting to get to in just a minute. I don't know what you're doing. And I hold on a second, I have got to close my office door. This is so embarrassing. I have never ever received a phone call like this in my life, and you better be lucky.
Speaker 3: I mean, I.
Speaker 4: Want to talk to your pastor. I am going to talk to him next Sunday. No joke.
Speaker 3: Why didn't mean for you to get hostile like that? Meant you? I didn't mean to upset you or nothing like that. Cannot Can I say something else to you? One last thing? And I have to go. Okay, I just want to let you know that this his nephew. Tell me from the Steve Harby Morning Show. Your wife Carolyn got me to brank phone call. You shut up? Shut up.
Speaker 4: I am so sorry, I am so sorry.
Speaker 3: Oh you're good, you are right.
Speaker 4: I'm all right, man, I'm alright a little embarrassed, but I'm alright.
Speaker 3: Greg. You gotta do it for me one more time? Oh all.
Speaker 4: Oh, oh yeah, okay, man, look at do this for me.
Speaker 3: Tell me what is the baddest I mean, the baddest radio show in the land, The.
Speaker 4: Steve Harvey Morning Show all the way?
Speaker 2: All right, all right, all right?
Speaker 4: Won't he do it?
Speaker 2: And won't he will? He'll make a way out of what out of no way? Really of the battlet Do you know him?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Amen?
Speaker 2: Again, come up in our church, you better know him. He's he's Adam's redeemed Abels, vindicated Abraham's sacrifice. He's Noah Arcke and Gideon's fleece, married baby boy James and jus big brother Matthews, King Joshua was battle Ax, born in Bethlehem, red in Nazra acts the.
Speaker 1: Whole word up in here today.
Speaker 2: I feel my daddy coming out of it. Alright, alright, alright, that right there is black gospel.
Speaker 3: Who he is?
Speaker 2: Black Gospel quiz landing the cut. That nephew, come in to Baltimore, the Baltimore. That's b More Baltimore, Maryland. I'll be there next week. That's April nineteenth and twentieth at the Comedy Factory is going down.
Speaker 4: Tickets on sale right now.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, nephew, coming up Strawberry letters subject why can't I go with my friend and our cousin. We'll find out right after this. You're listening Steve Harvey Morning Show