Speaker 1: This is the most traumatic podcast ever. And iHeartRadio podcast. Chris Harrison here with you, and I'm excited about today's show because I'm excited about today's guest coming on the show with me today is former Bachelorette Andy Dorschmann. I met Andy the first time when she was on the show as a contestant with Juan Pablo. I think we all know how that went not great. Then she became the Bachelorette, was very beloved, it seemingly worked out, then didn't on the show, and then she kind of went on this journey of kind of this Carrie Bradshaw journey of finding love, the ups and downs of living in New York, in la and Paris, and she wrote a couple of books. But now she has fallen in love, found love, and gotten married. But she's kind of disappeared. She's kind of fallen off the map, and everybody has been asking me, Hey, where's Andy, what's going on? We haven't heard from her, and I think she's just been outliving her life and being very happy. So I thought, let's reach out, and I did, and she was unbelievably kind and gracious enough to come join us today on the most dramatic podcast ever and joining me now from I assume her home somewhere in the south, Andy Dorfman, how are you doing it good? Are you good? Where do you live now?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Y'all have a home? Like what's your at? What would your address say? What would be the city in state?
Speaker 2: Greenville, South Carolina?
Speaker 1: Oh, which I hear is beautiful?
Speaker 2: It is? It is beautiful, It definitely is. It's been an adjustment.
Speaker 1: Though, from New York to LA to Greenville, South Carolina. It sounds like the makings of a Hallmark movie.
Speaker 2: I know, right, it's like close to Charleston.
Speaker 1: Big city girl moves out to the small city right right.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Okai, where's the beach?
Speaker 1: No, okay, all you need to do now is like open up a bed and breakfast and like raise goats right right?
Speaker 2: Or babies?
Speaker 1: Or babies is like where.
Speaker 2: You go to have babies?
Speaker 1: It's fertile land.
Speaker 2: I live in a town where you go to have kids?
Speaker 1: Is that the goal? Yeah?
Speaker 2: For sure? Not Right now, We're gonna enjoy a little bit of it. It's funny. Everyone's like, which is a common question? I get it as soon as you get engaged, people are like, oh, what are you getting married? As soon as you get married, people ask when are you having a baby, which is kind of bizarre. I'm like, this is a that's pretty personal, but I get it. I mean, every wants to know. But we're good. We're gonna have like a fun summer. I told Blaby can start trying when we take a honeymoon.
Speaker 1: I told my kids, because my kids get annoyed by, you know, the question of the moment, And I said, here's the thing, you're just have an answer ready because people are going to ask you when you're in high school, where you're going to college, when you're in college, what's your major when? And then it's like where you're working. Then it's when are you getting married? And so just have an answer ready because my kids are just like real, like once you get asked five thousand times. But yeah, so I'm sure the baby question post marriage has has definitely started to hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then you know what, I've realized, just put it off, just t him oh later, not now.
Speaker 1: I also know that you really really want to be a mom, and you're going to be an amazing mom when and if all that blessing happens totally.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm definitely not getting younger, but I feel like we still wanted to have a blowout somewhere like Blaine and I. You know, we just got married. We haven't been together for decades or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honeymoon first decided.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're like, we're going to blow it out this summer. We're gonna travel, We're going to like have fun, do the things that even though you can do any of kids, is not as easy. So we're good. I'm going to wait till like the wintertime.
Speaker 1: You've been pretty quiet since marrying Blaine, who I had the pleasure of meeting gosh, I don't know when. When was the super Bowl party when we ran into you eyes? It was so great because I had not met him yet, and I think he's the definition of tall, dark and handsome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's pretty easy on that.
Speaker 1: He is pretty easy on the eyes. I'm not gonna lie. I don't want you to get jealous. There's nothing between us. But he's a handsome guy.
Speaker 2: He's pretty easy on the eyes. Yeah, that was super Bowl probably two years ago, a couple of years ago. La. I don't think we were engaged yet either.
Speaker 1: No, you weren't y'all just you just kind of gotten serious and really just I think had essentially gone public and we've ran into you guys and had a chance to talk and have since, you know, seen him a couple of times, and it just I loved and I texted you right afterwards. I said, I just love the smile on your face. You look so happy. What is it about you, guys? What is it about him that made you so happy?
Speaker 2: He's the best? I mean, you met him, like everyone that meets my is like, he's just the best. He's easy, he's cool, he's got like swag, he's funny, he's kind like he's a boys boy for sure, like he is a bro, but he's like a softie and he's sweet and like it's funny because he's literally my best friend, which is good because I don't have a ton of friends here, you know, so it's nice to have like a built in best friend that you live with. And I used to always think that was so weird when like women and men would say that, because it's like, what, I've always been a girl's girl, so all my best friends have always been female. So I always thought that was just kind of weird, But now that I have him, it's like, this is truly like not only my partner, he's my friend, he's my lover, he's my confidant, just kind of everything. And I mean you can probably relate to that with Lauren. It's like when you find that person, they just kind of it's all of it. There's no one thing that you pick out and you're like, this is what I like most about him? It just it all in totality works, it's all fun. It's your partner, you know, like he's my partner for life, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: What's funny you say that because you and I had kind of similar paths and we talked a lot about this love and finding love. And I'm not going to say you and I were skeptical, but probably we both had a heart that because we both had been dating and going through things, and you and I would share when we would run into each other, and it did seem like finding a unicorn of like how is are people really in love? Are people really finding their best friends? Does this really exist? And so when you do see that and you recognize it, it almost seems so obvious, like, oh, yeah, it was there. I just needed to find it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the aha, You're like, Aha, this is who I was always supposed to be with. And you know, I think some of that is helpful with age and maturity, where you start to just realize that, hey, like this, I can have love with my best friend. It doesn't have to be dramatic and crazy, and you know, it doesn't have to be these games like it actually makes it so much more fun when you find the right person to just be with and not have to deal with all that stuff. But that comes, at least for me, with a lot of maturity for sure, and experiences.
Speaker 1: And you know, because you were so experienced in this world when you met him, how protective of you were you and how careful were you to kind of baby this thing along publicly because that's a big thing, and how to foster that and prepare him for what you were probably going to go through because y'all remain private for a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. I mean we met summer, like in August, and I think I remember him coming for Thanksgiving that November with my family, and I feel like we didn't go public till like January. I should remember for a fact, because it was Casey Hawsmer's wedding January we went public. I think for me, I wasn't worried about anything with Blaine, Like I wasn't worried about Blaine's past. I wasn't worried about how he reacts, Like he's such a good guy that none of that worried me. I just worried about like people comparing and they still do, which is so ironic to me. Like to this day, I'll post stuff on Instagram and people will be like, oh, so glad you'd end up with Juan Pablo or so like you're writing another man's name like on my wall. Well, my husband is in the photo. So it was more of and it's not that big of a deal. It's just little things like that that I don't want him to like have his feelings hurt, and I don't want his name to have to be in the same sentence as you know, someone from the show's name. So I feel like it was more protection of that with him and less about like people getting to know him and see him and end up loving him like I do.
Speaker 1: God, you just mentioned one, but I totally forget and you were even on one Poplo season. It's such a distant memory and so much has happened since.
Speaker 2: There's some good old days though. Back then we had fun, Like remember we were traveling, like from his season in my season, I feel like we had so much fun.
Speaker 1: Well back then too, the show was you know, the show had money. It was good. We actually traveled to resorts like that you would want to stay at. It was I mean it was really there was these destinations and then you know when all the budgets changed and all that, and you're staying in a motel six, you know, on the backside of town. It was like and we're trying to paint this beautiful picture. But yeah, and I look back too at that group of women. I looked at a picture the other day. It was a group date. Were we in New Zealand? I forget where we were. Maybe it was Vietnam. I don't know it was Vietnam because right, yeah, and the picture I was like, looking at who was in your group? I was like, Wow, that was like a great group of women.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all star cast for sure. I think, like, and we were so in it for like, I don't want to say the right reasons, like we were there. We all like experienced it so much, and I remember like the social media was nothing back then, like everything was private. You were like okay, cool, Like I probably had ten followers before I even got on the show. And now obviously that's changed it for better and worse. But I just remember like we had so much fun, and like I look back on the experiences that we had, they were just like so authentic and cool and it was great, Like it was a great time for me.
Speaker 1: Do you think what's changed is And maybe I've never thought about what you just said, but I think you hit the nail on the head when people talk about who was coming on the show and why back then, and it wasn't like back of the day. I mean, the show had been on for a while, but I felt like you guys, you ladies, and most of the guys came on genuinely, and then what happened after that you took advantage of and instead of now, I feel like people were coming on to take advantage of it, and no one was really leaning into the show and enjoy you know, like, well let's just see what happens, Let's enjoy the travel, let's enjoy the process. Going to meet some girls, you know, may fall in love whatever, but then afterwards, well I'll take this residual bounce and you know, better my life or whatever. But it definitely started that group. It was just genuine everybody was having fun. It was a blast. It was just a lot more fun.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's one of the last seasons where it was that authentic and real. Crystal is like, I feel like his season because he was right after me Bachelor obviously his girls. I feel like we're the first to kind of start that social and it still came after for them. It wasn't so much of going on. But back in our day, it was like you went on and some people's motive was just to be the villain and like so no reason, you got nothing out of it. Like that was like that was the not there for the right reasons. Now it's social media. It's all this ads, gigs, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely changed, but yeah, it's just funny you mentioned I totally for I just maybe I just blocked that whole season out traumatic syndrome, right.
Speaker 2: God we got through it though.
Speaker 1: But then you became the Bachelorette, which was a you know, for for us anyway a popular decision because I was so excited to get to hang with you, because you were just so easy. I'm like, well, this is simple. Yeah, Like you're the least needy person I think I ever did the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was there. If you gave me some wine, I was good food and wine. I was happy, will.
Speaker 1: Work for food and wine. That has not changed, by the way. But what when you look back, do you look back with fondness on that experience, on all of it, or is there a part of you that wishes I kind of wish that wasn't even part of my story anymore.
Speaker 2: I think it's a mix. It's definitely not. I never wish it wasn't a part of my story because I'm very, very fortunate from the show of like what I get to do and where I get to be and the things I've done, the people I've met. And I've always said that, like it was a life changing thing for me. I mean completely. I was twenty seven, twenty eight years old. I thought I was going to be a lawyer for my life, and you know, next thing you know, I'm like going to Paris and living in New York and doing like incredible things so it's just it just changed my life. It wasn't so much of like, oh it made it so much better. I wish I wouldn't have done it. It just it changed my life. And there's really no reason to kind of, you know, dissect it and say was it good or bad, because it was it hastened here. I am. Yeah, it just was. And I think it took me a while to kind of accept that, to be honest. There were things that, of course I wish had never happened on the show, as everyone does, you know. There were things that I felt like a little humiliated about, especially like the live show after, Like that was really tough for me. Now I'm thirty six years old and I'd be like, who gives it? You know, I don't care. But back then there was seven twenty eight. It was super impactful. So I look back on it with the impact that it had in different ways, but not necessarily as like, oh it was amazing. It was amazing, not necessarily as like oh it was like the best thing in my life or the worst thing in my life.
Speaker 1: It just was well all things, you know, when I used to describe the job, because people go you know, would say, oh, my god, you have the most amazing job. You travel around the world. It's the same thing. All things can be true, multiple things can be true at the same time. It can be a great experience. You can remember it fondly. It's not all It wasn't all great, you know, same thing with my job. It's like there were a lot of things that sucked about it. There were a lot of things that were amazing about it. I look back on it with great fondness and good memories. Where there are things I would change absolutely, but that's life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you're right, just a part of your life too, It's not it's not my whole life. That's the other thing is like, I don't identify the show my whole life. You know, I don't really work in it as much anymore. I don't like it's just it was a part of my life. But my life is a lot bigger than just the show.
Speaker 1: But you've made that decision, and you know, I think that is what I always tried to tell Bachelor's bacheorettes. I mean, Ben Higgins and I had this kind of famous conversation he always talks about where I said, take this and let it enhance your life. Don't let it become your life and change everything about you. And some people do get swallowed up by it. You've seen it, and you know it's it's unfortunate. It's like the you know, move for move to La and let it take over your life, and you you quickly realize that that is a fleeting flame and it goes out quickly, and then you you're kind of chasing and chasing. And so those that get engulfed by it, you do see it, and you did a good job of just the outskirts of that and then maintaining your own existence, which was important.
Speaker 2: Well for me. It's also a short term fix. You know, we don't know how long the show is going to go. But if you're if your entire world is Bachelor Nation, like what happens when it's done right? Like right, yeah, for sure, So what happens. And I think me personally, I always like I never wanted to rely on it, especially in a financial aspect like that. So it was like I needed to do other things, whether I was writing the book, whether it was like just doing other things that you know, pulled from Bachelor Nation for sure, but like also like I need a whole life, full life.
Speaker 1: Are you so happy that? I mean, you probably would have fallen in love with Blaine anyway, but the fact that he's just such a regular guy away away from all of this, was that a little bit attractive to you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, to be honest, in hindsight, I'm like, I don't know if that's really my type, like the guy that goes onto a reality TV show. Like again, like in hindsight, I'm like, that's probably not the person I was going to end up with. You know, I need someone like career driven oriented all that stuff. So yeah, it's nice to just have like a solid guy that is not doesn't care. I mean the only thing that he watches on TV is sports, Like there's nothing else TV. He's such a dude.
Speaker 1: Is he a Georgia Is he a Georgia Bulldogs fan?
Speaker 2: No, It's He's funny because you know, he played college baseball. This is how big of a Broie is, Like, he played college baseball, and so he's like, yeah, it's just athletes, just sports. Like when I took him to Casey's wedding, who married? Uh he was playing with the Padres at that point. I'm like, what islay going to think, like the entire team's going to be here, and he was like, oh cool, what's up. Like he's just a guy, so he's not really like he doesn't fallen over sports. I'd say he probably likes basketball, but like Georgia football, it's not his team. It's not my team either, never was. But Tiger an l girl. Yeah, Lsu and Waite.
Speaker 1: You guys get engaged and you decide you're going to get married in Italy. That was that was that because I was one of your first dates, or not dates, but big trips together. You're like, we're going to come back here and get married.
Speaker 2: We met there. We met in Positano, so I had met him one time back in college. I got a party. Never talked in like fifteen years, like we weren't friend, we didn't communicate or anything. And then he was in Italy when I was there, we met up and it was like, okay, when we've gone engaged. Were that was the whole Like we didn't even look at anywhere else. Actually, now that I think about it, it was more aware in Italy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so tell tell me about this magical wedding.
Speaker 2: I Oh, it was so fun. It was great it was. We did three days. It was small, which was perfect. I was like, I do not want to be walking down the aisle with three hundred people, nothing like that. It was very like small, intimate. It was great. It was in Italy. Like we had a little bit of a rain scare, which was really really interesting because it was going to rain on our wedding day and we were boating everybody down the Malfy coast for the actual ceremony at this beach club that we love, and then we're boating them back. So the day before we're like looking at villas to try and move everything indoor. We were looking at the weather super stressed, and Blade and I were just like, screw it. We haven't, you know, made it this far. We're going for it, and the sky's kind of opened. It rained everywhere except Sorrento on our wedding day. It was the wildest thing. It was just perfect and like, that's good luck for Blaine. I feel like Blaine brought all the karma and luve for that and it was just magical. The next day we were like going to have just a low key beach club party and everyone was just in the water going crazy. Partying, having so much fun.
Speaker 1: Little drama with the dress though, Oh god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just I feel like there's got to be some sort of drama going to be something. Mine was the dress that we worked it out.
Speaker 1: It was fine, was it? Every day?
Speaker 2: Wedding dresses are hard.
Speaker 1: They are hard because it's funny to pin so much on a piece of clothing. It's like, this piece of clothing needs to encapsulate emotion and feeling and fit as well and be comfortable and beautiful and all the things. It's hard to put that much pressure on a dress.
Speaker 2: I just put the pressure on the other dresses. I was like, you know what, I don't even care. I had such fun other dresses that I loved, like the rehearsal dinner and the after party and stuff like that I was like, these are my fun moments. Those are the ones hanging in my closet. Still.
Speaker 1: Were you a multiple wardrobe changer that day?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I did three that day. I wanted to do four, but there wasn't enough time. I was in it for the dresses. I would have been fine, like doing just a quiet ceremony somewhere. I didn't care. Blaine wanted a wedding. I wanted to give it to him. In hindsight, of course, I loved that we did it. But no, I got married for Blaine. I had the wedding for the dresses.
Speaker 1: Any wedding advice for.
Speaker 2: Me, hmmm, take lots of pictures, don't do it. Take pictures of just the two of you, a lot of pictures of the two of you. Also, we didn't spend the night the night before, and I loved that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's funny. We've talked about that, we've already.
Speaker 2: It was cool.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm actually in this. You're not going to be shocked, but it's a golf thing. But there's something the week of and I'm actually I was debating. I'm like, oh, I shouldn't leave. I shouldn't leave because there's going to be stuff to do. And I say, you know what, I am going to leave, like we're going to be a part for several days leading up to it. And then you know, I was debating on the night before, and I think that's a good idea. I think I'm going to take that advice. It was just cool.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously, plain and I lived together like that wasn't big deal. But I remember after our rehearsal dinner, he came to our hotel room we were still sharing at that time. We popped a bottle of wine. We actually stayed on our balcony because it was so beautiful. To two am. We would but the night before our just the two of us, and it was so cool. And then he went to his room and I didn't see huntil the next day, and it was just like that anticipation. It made what sometimes becomes like mundane and the daily life really exciting for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's something about waking up together on your wedding day and kind of then heading off. It makes it does It makes it kind of normal and you want it to be special. That's good. That's good advice. I'm going to take that. I will. I'm gonna going to go find my own hall or closet to sleep in.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Blaine went from this huge suite.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. Yeah. I wouldn't get asked who kept the sweet I assume that's uh. What else? What else about you? What the pictures? I like the separation. Did you guys honeymoon after or your wedding was a honeymoon?
Speaker 2: Mini moon?
Speaker 3: We just went to Coppery after, yeah, which is obviously, you know, just a faery ride over, which was great because we got to just chill and like look at pictures and like share stories of what happened.
Speaker 2: It was. That was really fun.
Speaker 1: And life after when we'll see when did you get It's only been what two months? As I say, it's been a few months since you guys got married.
Speaker 2: When did I get married? Oh?
Speaker 1: God, when is your anniversary?
Speaker 2: Two months?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's been been a couple of months. You guys have settled in Greenville, South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: How was that decision? Were you? Was that always part of the plan to leave the city, And.
Speaker 2: I mean it wasn't ever part of the plan until I met Blaine. You know, I was in We were engaged when I was still living in La Granted we were seeing each other every other week every week sometimes like we did.
Speaker 1: Because it was a long distance for a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for I mean a year and a half.
Speaker 1: I guess that's not easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a year, year and a half somewhere around there, lots of sky miles, for sure. But we made it work. I Mean, the thing is is Blaine is here, like his work is here. He works in real estate here, and so there was never an option of like him coming to California at this time. Yeah, at the time we got engaged, So it was pretty like easy in terms of I'll say this, it was really hard for me to leave California and leave my life, but it was a no brainer because I needed to be with Blade.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If that might get that, No, it makes one hundred percent sense. Yeah, if you had your drothers, you would stay, but you knew you weren't missing out on this, not on your person.
Speaker 2: That was the easy part was choosing Blade, no doubt.
Speaker 1: If there was anybody ever equipped though to be a country girl, it's not a big leap for you.
Speaker 2: No, And I'm from Georgia. My parents lived two and a half hours away, like I grew up. It's funny. I used to drive through Greenville when I was at Wake Forest when I drove home to Atlanta, and I'd always be like, what's that place? I literally remember seeing it on the sign all the time. And now I'm like, oh, okay.
Speaker 1: Oh it's home now. Yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 2: I mean it's I think you're right. People think New York, LA. But I grew up in Georgia. I went to school in Louisiana. You know, I learned how to noodle catfish in Louisiana. Ford's sake, I can do it.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing that many of our bachelors or bach threads I have ever noodled.
Speaker 2: Before, No, no doubt.
Speaker 1: What is life like then in Greenville, South Carolina? What's life on the daily for you? What are you up to?
Speaker 2: It's easy, I will say. My favorite thing about living here is like it's easy. You know, you don't realize kind of until you come here. Just the DMV is easy. People like hold the door open for you and you have like bags. The quality of life is great. We're building a house, so that part that has been taken up a lot of stuff for me right now, between that and then writing the third book that's going to happen. Which is funny because I say I'm writing again. I never really stopped. I've always journaled stuff, but now I'm just putting all the pieces together there, which is a total, like mind blowing experience to have. I have seven years worth of stuff.
Speaker 1: Now it's correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm an idiot, if I am. This is book three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, book number three.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so the first two books, and you and I have talked a lot about this because we kind of lived through those first two books in your life and those experiences, and they were more of, for lack of a better way to sum it up, that Carrie Bradshaw, she singles She's taking on the world, and that's kind of what you thought book three was going to be about. So book three has probably changed exponentially.
Speaker 2: Exponentially and people keep asking like, oh, where's book three? Where's book three? And I've been writing it, but it never had like a full picture. And it's also really interesting and you can probably relate to this is you go back and read what you've written and you're like, wow, I was really in a certain time of place in my life right then, and it's still going to be included in everything, but you see it differently when you're just away from it for a while.
Speaker 1: That's good, though. I was gonna ask, will you go back and quote unquote cool it up, you know, like, oh, that seems silly now or that's immature now, but that is where you were, and it's like you got to give yourself the grace of who you were back then that's okay. It's okay to have been that person, and you know, don't explain who you were in the past. It's all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'll definitely leave that a lot of stuff in there, because there's a ton of stuff too. I mean, I went through the ringer, like, you know, because we are super close in that sensement, I'm not public about a lot of stuff you know that is negative necessarily, So like when I went through a rough patch in New York, I never was the person to share it online. I just was writing about it.
Speaker 1: Obviously. I think one of the things you and I had discussed about book three, and maybe not writer's block, but the block of the whole book, was like, Okay, where's this going? Is this the fairy tale ending? Is this the culmination you Blaine, Greenville, South Carolina, the dream wedding? Is is this the kind of the perfect finish that you never could have probably even dreamed of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is. But like it's definitely not a love story in that sense. Like I don't want it to be all about the ending because that's not the important part of it for me. I think the journey of getting there is even more important and everyone's ending is going to look different anyways. Yes, it's a fairy tale ending for me, but it's also like, hey, here's the surprise. You know, I got married, So like we can get that out of the way and talk about how we actually got to this point. I think that's more important, especially for me, also in keeping a lot of that independence that I had and still have to be honest, but the independence is how I got to Blaine, and so that part has always been important to me. So the story is much more than just the ending. But the ending to me has made me see things differently and just in a fuller picture.
Speaker 1: Well, it's what you were known for. It's what people resonated or what resonated with people about the books was your journey, and you weren't afraid of the mess, and you weren't afraid of leaning into it and being silly and being vulnerable and all those things. And it wasn't always perfect, and I think that's what people needed to see. But I love the fact that all that mess, all the craziness, the good decisions, the bad decisions, led to this and there is a landing for everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I hope it's like hopeful for people too. You know, I got married at thirty six years old, like, and it's some people will say, oh, you're you know, so young, people say oh gosh, But the point is, like it's not. It wasn't always a fairy tale for me. And I always tell people, you know, my friends that go through breakups, even people from Bachelor Nation like will reach out to me like with breakup stuff, and I'm like, listen, like I get it. I've been there, done it. I might not have shared everything, but like I know how you feel. You're okay to feel this way. I promise you, like it will work out one way or another. You will get over this. But like I've been there, I get it, and I don't ever want to neglect that or deny that by just like making this perfect love story.
Speaker 1: Well that's the thing is you get wrapped up in your own happiness and it's like everything else fades away and everything's all glowy and happy, and that people are out there like no, it's not always perfect, and it's and it's again, multiple things can be true at the same time.
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 1: Love can be an amazing thing, it can suck at times. It's yeah, and the and the in betweens and all the grind and all that is the good stuff that you know. And this too shall pass. Just remember that no matter what, this too sh'll pass. What else? What else have you and I not talked about in forever?
Speaker 2: I feel like we had a lot. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's amazing to me to see you like this.
Speaker 2: Why I'm grown ten years now?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: Is that how long we've known each other?
Speaker 2: Ten years? I think it's going to be ten coming up on ten years for me for the show. Yeah, which means definitely because Mom Paula would have been the year before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so over a decade I've known you and it never ex actually.
Speaker 2: To be married living in South Carolina.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that sounds about right to me. That sounds about right. I don't see you living in New York and LA. I always thought those were placeholders for you and true you just just because I always saw that other side of you that is so, you know, because your family, your mom, your dad, and you're just your family is is that they are such down home people. I think there's just such a big part of that in you. I was like, it does make good sense to me that you're in I don't know if Greenville, South Carolina was the answer, but I definitely sell you going back to your roots, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: It's funny because I feel more home here, which is so crazy because I miss La and I miss New York, but I also just miss my friends there. But I feel like, Okay, I'm a home here. That's taken me a lot to like understand because obviously I see my friends and I see you know, people from Bachelor and on Instagram like living this life that I kind of used to live, and I'm like, oh, what am I doing? But then I just have to realize, like internally how I feel, not externally when I open up social media, but like internally on a daily basis, like I feel happy inside. I feel home. I feel like Lade and I have built a home and like that's the stuff that really matters. But I've really had to practice that to be honest. Is like understanding that.
Speaker 1: Lord and I left and we now live in Texas, which you know, as you know, I was always coming home to Texas as well, and now I love the lifestyle and I love just the way of life and how simple, like you said, it's just good people who live their life and immediately there are the things that you won't be going to because they're just in LA or New York or whatever. Do you miss those moments, some of those events or are you kind of like me, where the further I've gotten away from them, the more relief I am that I'm not going.
Speaker 2: I think for me, it's like that whole you know, you don't feel invited or popular enough, and that's just a thing with social media. I don't I don't care how popular are. I think everyone feels that way in some extent, whether it's like, oh yeah, so I definitely feel that fomo. I mean, I'm not invited to as many events. You know, I live in Greenville as I was in New York and LA. So that adjustment has kind of been like, Okay, I need to set my ego aside and not feel like, oh I'm not invited to something. I just don't live there anymore. And so to me, I think it's been a segue of like, maybe this is my new kind of life and that's okay. I did all that in the past and I had fun and it was great, but like you know, I wake up every day and I have a loving husband, and like, I have a great life and I'm happy, and I have to just like I kind of have to just really be okay with that, and that shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: You have to remind yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I was single going all those events. I probably wasn't very happy anyways, So like, what does it matter just because I got to go an event?
Speaker 1: Right? You know? No, those A lot of those events are so empty when you're there and everybody's just looking over their shoulder to who else is in the room, who can I talk to? And a bunch of social.
Speaker 2: Climbers never really mean it. I was never really good at that anyways, to be honest, Like, I just was never good at kind of that networking, you know, budding up to. Yeah, it wasn't great at it.
Speaker 1: Well, this looks good on you. Thanks, This looks really good on you. It fits perfect. Thanks, and I appreciate you taking the time to come on. I know you were a little worried that this could have gone sideways, but it did not.
Speaker 2: Well the most dramatic I'm like, shit, I'm not really that traumatic.
Speaker 1: It's kind of the title is kind of tongue in cheek. It's honestly with you. It was it was more of people had reached out because I you know, a lot of people will give us topics and people that they want to hear from, and like Colton and the fence jump and all these things. And people kept asking, where's Andy Dorfmann? Where is she? I know, I know it's not Andy Dorfman anymore, but you've kept Dorfmann, didn't change the name.
Speaker 2: I'm going to change him. I'm waiting until we move because I'm not.
Speaker 1: You are going to change your name? Yeah, Andy Hart. Yeah that's a better pen name anyway.
Speaker 2: I don't have to say, isn't David O? R EPs and Frank Emma's in mary A n anymore? I'm good.
Speaker 1: Lauren's not changing your name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a good last name.
Speaker 1: Now, Seema, I know I kind of want to change my name to Zema. Is that weird? Has they never done that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: My initials c Z. That's great.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's for you. No, okay, no offense to the guys out there, but I don't think that's for you.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, she's like, I'm not changing my name, is it? That's fine? I totally get it. Lauren Lauren Harrison as opposed to Lauren Zima. It's a good name. It's it's good.
Speaker 2: I think she just picked the best last name and either keep.
Speaker 1: It or take That's a good idea. Yeah, it's like, screw tradition, go with what looks best and what sounds best. Well, Andy Hart is a good one. I love that, and I love you and appreciate your friendship. You've always been amazing. And everyone reached out and said, where is Andy, what's going on? I said, I don't know. I'm going to call her and let's let's talk, and you were like, yeah, sure. So thanks for coming, thanks for coming out of hiding. Thanks for the proof of life palls check complete, send me a courier pigeon if you need help in Greenville, South Carolina. Thank you, Thank you all right, Andy, take care bye. Thanks thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at the most dramatic pod ever and make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. I'll talk to you next time.