Speaker 1: Icey's Daily Game. It's a production of iHeartRadio. What's Up is sized Tea? You're listening to The Daily Game, the compilation of motivational quotes I've collected over the years that I've found inspiring and helped me through the game of life. Today, I have some wisdom from a true gangster, Al Pacino, or at least an actor who's played one of the greatest gangsters of all time, Scarface. Al says, the hardest thing about being famous is that people are always nice to you. You're in a conversation, everybody's agreeing with whatever you're saying, even if you're saying something totally crazy. You need people who will tell you what you don't want to hear. This is really important, and I think it's been the downfall of a lot of celebrities. You get surrounded by yes people, and the yes people probably are on the payroll, and they're afraid to tell you when you're doing something wrong.
Speaker 2: You have to have a close friend.
Speaker 1: You have to have people that can say nah, nah, stop it. I mean, we've all seen celebrities and wealthy people come off the rails and you're asking is there no one around telling them?
Speaker 2: Anything.
Speaker 1: Fortunately for me, the people that can talk to me, my boys that are in prison, and they made mistakes that I was able to, you know, sidestep, but they watched me. They listen to my interviews, they listen to the Daily Game, and they tell me, I do not send anybody to prison. Don't glamorize this shit, because you know, it's fun at the beginning, but it's pain in the end. And I've got people I let listen to my music and I can hear when they go nah, not that one you could get.
Speaker 2: You're hotter on this one. You know.
Speaker 1: I've known producers that were going to studio and put up terrible music just to see who would bob they head in the studio, just to eliminate them from the sessions because they're just agreeing and they're afraid to be like nah. So you do need people that'll be honest with you. It's very important. It's very important all throughout your life. If you don't have a family member, if you don't have a parent, or you just as a girl, you need a close girlfriend that'll say nah, baby, no, na nah nah, not always yes, and those are sometimes way more important than the yeses.
Speaker 2: The nose.
Speaker 1: The ones that are gonna say I don't know, I don't think. So those are hard to come by, especially if you're paying their rent and you're paying their bills. But they are very necessary. But they have to know how to do it. There's ways of doing it. They still have to be delicate with you because they can tell you something you want to hear, but tell it to you in a fashion that offends you, and you still tell them to fuck off because the way they brought it to you is they have to bring it to you correctly. Al Pacino said, the hardest thing about being famous is that people are always nice to you. You're in a conversation, everybody's agreeing with whatever you're saying, even if you're saying the craziest shit. You need people who will tell you what you don't want to hear. I always tell people medicine doesn't taste good, So if I'm going to tell you something that you need to hear, it may not taste that good. This has been another ice cold fact from me iced tea. Listening again tomorrow when I drop some wisdom on your ass till then, stay safe, stay smart, it stay knowing that everyone needs.
Speaker 2: To know man Icey's Daily Gaming.
Speaker 1: It's a production of iHeartRadio, Final Level Entertainment and Oddity, an Asylum entertainment company. The show's executive producer is Noel Brown. Supervising producer is Jordan run Talk. If you like what you heard, please subscribe and leave us a review. For more podcasts on iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. Not every quote in this podcast was created by me. Each quote has been researched to find its origin and give proper credit to its creator