Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: And a happy Friday to you and yours on this Dan Patrick Show two Pros and a Cup of Joe edition of the DP Show here on Fox Sports Radio. He's LeVar Arrington. That guy's Brady Quinn. I'm Jonas Knox. We are normally on before Dan and Company six to nine am Eastern Time three to six am Pacific time, but we are in for Dan and the crew here on this Friday. Everybody's still kind of reeling from the great game that was the conclusion of the Four Nations faceoff in the world of hockey last night. Congratulations to Canada on their overtime victory. And this hour is brought to you by tire rack dot com, the official tire expert and retailer of The Dan Patrick Show. Go to tire rack dot com. Slash Dan tried the tire Decision Guide and see the full line of Yokhama Tires special offers, free road as a protection and mobile tire installation. Tire rack dot Com The way tire buying should be. By the way, I was tempted to bet on Canada last night and I didn't.
Speaker 3: For the little.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you brought this up because I wanted to make sure the audience knows what a scumbag you are. And you really in the rundown and the notes, you were really pushing to bet on Canada. Yeah, and well, because you're desperate and then you need to win. You lose fair when you bet very often, so you were hoping that maybe you could get a little luck and you want to go against the United States. Now you didn't end up doing that, to your credit, But I'm not even sure if I believe that.
Speaker 2: No, it's true. Yeah, Like you don't think I wouldn't be like happy and celebrating a win even though it was Canada over the US. Of course I would. But I didn't do it because of the love of my mind.
Speaker 3: I ain't do it.
Speaker 2: Love of my country is why I didn't do But.
Speaker 5: When you have sid in the beginning, I'm going to bet on America the USA because of the love of my country, versus saying I'm going to bet on Canada. But well, maybe I will change my mind because I feel guilty because of the love for where I come from. Like should you thought that to begin with?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I had had a feeling Canada was going to win that game. You know, it felt like a good bounce back up.
Speaker 4: I mean, I feel like anyone who watched it just and the group I was watching with, we all kind of were like, man, it feels like when we score a goal at it's not necessarily luck, but it doesn't feel like we're possessing the pluck that long. It feels like they're constantly in Canada was constantly in the US zone, and eventually they were just going to have the upper hand. It was not the same game that you saw the first time around.
Speaker 2: I do wonder how banged up some of those guys are going to be for the season, for the remainder of the season, because now, like you know, Sydney Crosby's got to turn around and play again on Saturday, and you know he'll be there, And I just I wonder what sort of residual effects this will have on the on the rest of the year. Which was kind of the pushback. Next year's the Olympics they've got that as well too, so but hey, hell of a week for the NHL, Hell of a week for hockey. I think I don't know how many they'll be but I think there's going to be some people they're now paying more attention to, like, Hey, this is the fact that you get this every single night. And that's the one thing you can say about hockey is every single night. It kind of looks like that, like you can't really and Brady, your brother in law plays in the NHL, Like you can't really mail it in in a hockey game. Like it's not like, well, we're gonna you know, load management here in this game, Like that's a sport that you once the second you're in there, you get exposed pretty quick and it's pretty obvious. So you've got to either keep up or keep out. And so it feels like, you know, that's a separation.
Speaker 4: I think there's a sense to amongst the other players like they're not going to put up with that.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe it's just the culture feels different.
Speaker 4: Because these are guys that you know, for example, Matthew ka Chuck was talked about how he played through the Stanley Cup finals with a broken sternum, you know, and you usually don't hear about a lot of the injuries these guys are playing with until after the fact, and so the culture is just different.
Speaker 3: In the sense of there's no load management.
Speaker 4: You know, these guys look down on other guys who are out there fighting with their brothers. You know, they're getting hit in the face with pucks half the time. You know, these guys don't have don't have all their teeth. You know, they're used. There's so many different things that they've taken on throughout the course of their career that it's an entirely different culture in that sense, you know, there is no load management. So that that, to me is one of the biggest differences is just you know, watching it, and I go back to what I said earlier in the week, it's it doesn't necessarily have to be the Stanley Cup on the line. There's pride and with that comes the intensity and for everything else.
Speaker 3: That goes along with it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it was for the Four Nations Cup or Championship, what have you. But it could have been an exhibition game like the first time around of the round robin, and those guys would have been throwing cuffs, you know, throwing fisticuffs and all that.
Speaker 3: No different.
Speaker 4: So that was the one of the things, Like I said, it was an awesome I don't know what you want to call that tournament. But the NHL really won big in my mind, like if there is if you're looking at the different things that these different professional sports leagues have come up with that have been absolute hits, this is one of them. You know, you can't say that for the NBA in season tournament. It just it feels meaningless. It feels stupid. The Pro Bowl in the way they've adjusted, same thing. It feels like even the players don't want to be there. So this is one thing that I think you can look at and say of everything that's kind of been brought out, maybe outside of the pitch clock, which I think has really helped baseball, this hopefully will carry on moving forward and guys are gonna be able to deal with some of the strain that they took from playing in this but still able to finish out the Stanley Cup and the rest of the season.
Speaker 5: I'm a double down on what I said earlier in the show, and I know ABC, well, maybe it doesn't particularly apply to the other sports. I would say it does if I'm the NBA, if I'm the NFL, I take a look at what this Foreign Nations Exhibition Challenge ornament, what that looked like, and I play off of that. I figure out a format just like that. If I'm in the NFL, I want to get the best of the rest, the best of the rest, and I guarantee you if you pay them the money that you're paying those guys that are the first, the first voted Pro Bowlers that to participate. Name your All pros, do away with the Pro Bowl per se and do all pros.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 5: That's that's unless you want to name and Pro Bowl team. But do an exhibition between the NFL and the Canadian Football League. Take the best of the best who play in the Canadian Football League and do an exhibition game against I think it would be freaking awesome.
Speaker 3: I would watch that game. I would not watch that.
Speaker 5: I would I would watch that game exhibition well, because trying to get in the NFL, they correct it and that's that is exactly why I would watch.
Speaker 2: You know, you should do CFL versus XFL.
Speaker 3: No, No, why not? That would actually be competitive?
Speaker 5: No, because the idea of of not like like I said, it wouldn't be the Patrick Mahomes or the Saquon Barkleys or the Derrick Henry's. It would be that next tier down. It'd be the next tier down guys that go out and compete against the top guys in the Canadian Football League, the the guys that are trying to get in or back into the NFL, and the stakes would be high because you don't want to lose to a Canadian Football All Star team. And if you're the Canadian team, I'm trying to get into the National Football League and You're going to play. And I think you would be surprised that some of the skill levels some of these guys became Hall of Famers, some of the guys that came out of the Canadian Football League or had to go in different directions. The one that comes to mind super quick to me is Derek Wake. You know, I don't know that he's a Hall of Famer, but he's sure enough had a hell of a run coming out of the Canadian Football League.
Speaker 3: Amra Wake Cameron Wake.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yes, yes, Derek Wake disappeared, changed his name and was over in the Canadian Football League serving them.
Speaker 2: Wait, his real name is Derek Derek Wake eight league.
Speaker 3: Can you look it's actually Derek Cameron Wick.
Speaker 5: Oh, changed his name to Cam and was jamming in the Canadian Football League and ended up getting his opportunity to come here and became one of the best pass rushers in the league four times.
Speaker 2: All right, so you know who one of the great quarterbacks in CFL history was, Henry Burris. He went to the CFL because he didn't make it in the NFL. Okay, he had a cup of coffee. I remember what the Bears. I actually saw him through a touchdown pass life and I was belligerent. But he went to the CFL because he So I feel like they're there because they can't be in the NFL.
Speaker 5: I think you're missing the point. I think when you talk about guys and talent and it being an exhibition, why not why not take and and pit them against one another and see if they're If they're truly that bad, then you've proven it.
Speaker 3: You have nothing to lose. They have nothing to lose. I'm not against you know, I'm not against what you're saying.
Speaker 4: But but what I would say is, for every cam Wake, there's ninety nine other guys who couldn't make a roster.
Speaker 5: Fair enough, fair enough, But the bottom line to me is why not give them? Why not give them a shot? The way it would mean more. It would mean more to watch a game with guys that are pretty much fighting for their professional life as US All Star. Like, I believe every dude that doesn't make an NFL team believes that they should be on an NFL team. And you end up somewhere like Canadian Football League and you're winning championships and you're winning MVPs and stuff like that, why not see why not see if you're that good in Canadian Football League? I want your best players in the Canadian Football League and for a one game only exhibition you play our second tier, second tier guys in an exhibition game.
Speaker 4: Okay, but that doesn't sell, Like you don't know, that's like the Olympics. When we used to send the non best USA men's basketball team, it was like, well, like, we don't even feel like we need to send our best.
Speaker 5: Well that was that was colleague freaking that were you were sending college players over there to play grown men.
Speaker 3: It's a different that's a different. No, there was there was.
Speaker 4: Years too where they didn't send over all the best guys. They didn't all decide to go over.
Speaker 5: And that's when the whole the whole dream team thing came to god I get all that, but for the olds part, when you're talking about the Olympics, it was college players that were going and they were competing as amateurs against against pros that were different nations.
Speaker 4: These are all by and large, every player who's playing in the CFL wishes they could play in the NFL, and there can't. If they could, they would. I mean you have to understand, like I know, you know kem Wick's story. I mean, he was undrafted. He was you know, somewhat productive, but maybe a late bloomer developer. I mean he started out initially with the Giants. I mean he went for a year or two I think to what the BC Lions or something like that, and then he found his way to the Dolphins. But it wasn't like he didn't start off at first in the NFL and then he you know, had to go a different path to get get tape out there. I mean this is early two thousands too, where I remember we talked about NFL Europe that had gone away, so there wasn't that developmental time or period really for him, and then he was able to kind of find his way from his production there to showcase that he could make it in the NFL.
Speaker 5: But again like always hit gyms, even going back to your boy Joe Thieesman, always heading gyms, Doug Flutie, Joe Horn, Warren Moon. You know, there was a time where they thought that because black quarterbacks weren't considered to be as as ready or prepared to play in the National Football League, they had to play elsewhere because they weren't going to get a fair opportunity.
Speaker 3: It ended up no, I'm.
Speaker 5: Just moving on going, Jeff Garcia, same difference, played in the Canadian Football League, like Andre Risen played in the Canadian Football League.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying there are.
Speaker 5: Hidden gyms that have played in the Canadian football I agree, and I'm not saying that they all.
Speaker 3: Have to be Canadian.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, if you had the best of the best in the Canadian Football League and they were to play an exhibition game as a Canadian Football All Star team against an NFL team, if you're telling me that isn't more compelling than the s show that we were watched kicking kicking punts into big holes that look like Cupid like or what was what was the dude's name that bounced from square to square going up.
Speaker 3: What was his name?
Speaker 5: Lead? The game was a Cupit for cute Cubert Q, who doesn't even matter. It was weird. It was weird.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 5: I don't care to see an NFL football pro kicking a punt into big ass holes like that. I watched like one second of it and turned off to something different.
Speaker 3: And if you're telling me that would be competitive, I don't know. I like that more. I don't think this is the solution.
Speaker 4: I mean, and I think, if I'm not mistaken, the Thiseman issue was. I think he got drafted in baseball too, and it was something in regards to that, because he got drafted by it was the Dolphins and then and then I think it was some issue between that and maybe baseball, and then that's why he ended up electing.
Speaker 3: To go to the CFL.
Speaker 4: Wasn't that he couldn't play in the NFL obviously, because you saw how you know, end up playing for Washington. I think there's an issue with like the baseball, I.
Speaker 5: Don't care as well. I don't care why he was in there. He was playing, he was there. I don't care why I chose. Okay, I'm just saying, if you're there.
Speaker 3: I gotta be honest with you. I'm not on board with this one of the worst ideas I've heard.
Speaker 5: You come on, you can disagree, and sometimes the worst idea seems like the worst idea until you see it play out, and then on the other side of it, you'd be like, dang, like that actually was that was pretty decent?
Speaker 3: Like I thought that was pretty good? All right?
Speaker 5: What about I think this might be one of them. What about same thing? Your ros versus Americans and in the NBA?
Speaker 2: All right, how do you think this plays out? CFL All Star Team versus All Americans in college football?
Speaker 5: No, how about CFL versus the Panthers maybe.
Speaker 2: The Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 3: It used to be didn't it be? Then it used to be Lakers versus the NBA or.
Speaker 5: Some didn't they have a game like that? They didn't have a game the Globe Trotters Norotters. It was a video game anyway. Bottom line is I mean that would be interesting. What was it called?
Speaker 3: No, you were right? It was Cubert.
Speaker 5: Cubert Cubert like turn him on his back, You're kicking punts into Cubert's nose, Like stupid?
Speaker 3: What you're telling me? This isn't a solution.
Speaker 5: Anything is better, Anything is better than what we were watching out of the Pro Bowl this year, is what I would say.
Speaker 2: It sounds like if.
Speaker 5: You're saying that's a horrible idea, who the hell made the decisions for the Pro Bowl this year?
Speaker 3: Because you know what, that was a horrible idea. You can't do any work defensive about it.
Speaker 4: It's like it's common knowledge that, like, if the CFL players could play in the NFL, they would be so then taking a group of NFL players versus CFL players.
Speaker 3: They've been a huge disadvantage. It wouldn't been close. You play in it.
Speaker 5: You play in the the Olympics for a reason. By the way, no dis you already know you should lose to the Americans in basketball. There's certain things you just know a country is going to be better.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm a diehard Calgary Stampeders fan. Uh So, no disrespect to the CFL, but you know it feels like to like they like I'm looking at the all decade team for the CFL. Here, Bo Levi Mitchell's the quarterback, Andrew Harris the running back.
Speaker 3: S J.
Speaker 2: Green's a receiver. You know, Weston d Wrestler, like I feel like we would know those names.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Look here, if we watched, we broke the internet watching a non nobody other than an influencer. He was an influencer. We watched the the digital webs, the everything melt down to see him fight. Mike Tyson's Mike Tyson exactly. And the NFL is the NFL.
Speaker 2: But Jake Paul's got He's got what he's got more, He's got more of a following than this FL.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, that is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean listen to you your team Drake like I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not team anything in this. I'm just saying, y'all.
Speaker 5: I acted like there would be no appeal connected to that you we watched. I can't wake Paul and Mike Tyson everybody.
Speaker 3: I'm not watching it. I'm not yes the hell.
Speaker 4: You did once I saw his ass.
Speaker 3: Before the saw as.
Speaker 5: His old as.
Speaker 4: I am not watching this because if he doesn't care to not put some damn pants on or shorts on before the fight, I know he does not care about this. His ass I was out and boots on, his brace and then his cup.
Speaker 3: Thanks for interviewing me. Son back to warming up.
Speaker 5: All Access What was more disturbing is that's how he was warming up, because didn't he his gloves on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they might die that, but I know he was warming up. I mean, that's that's why I was out of that.
Speaker 5: Well, a lot of people stay tuned in and watch that the whatever you want to call it, whatever you want to call that fight. I'm just saying people are looking for spectacles, and that would be a spectacle to see Canada VERSUS America in a gang.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's go listen to Andy Furman and Chadow Chosinko race a horse and Chris Collinsworth.
Speaker 5: So you know, if there's and Michael Phelps raised a shark a bunch of digital Yeah that the digital part of that ruined the whole thing. It was an actual horse.
Speaker 3: But people look for the hook. What is a hook?
Speaker 5: It's a whole nother demographic of people that you get paying attention to the NFL.
Speaker 3: There your there's your expansion.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what I feel bad about is I'm pretty sure I promised to get a screen grab of that that Mike Tyson shot of his ass as he kind of turned, because I think it was what was he hugging his son?
Speaker 3: Kid on the head.
Speaker 4: I remembered I forgot to get a screenshot that I wanted to use that to reply to people on Twitter more just like anything they say, that's my reply.
Speaker 3: I just love it. It's not late, it's not too late.
Speaker 2: I think that's Lee's screensaver.
Speaker 5: So just over it should be fun, as Micah, somebody dressed up about that.
Speaker 3: We don't want to get We don't want to get d.
Speaker 1: Leave my roommate out of this.
Speaker 3: Did we ever get closure on Lee's situation? No, we did not. Nod. Yeah, they don't want to tell the story right though. He's trying to like he's sugarcoating. I'll bring it on Lee's leftovers. I'll put a bow on it.
Speaker 4: Hey, Lee, we're going to leave you with an uncomfortable amount of time. Then just know that I will do everything I can to push us to break here the next segment, just to get to this.
Speaker 2: All right, So it is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you here coming up next. Somebody in the NFL is not satisfied, not happy at all, and they should be. You'll hear from them right here. On Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: It's a Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. Coming up here a little over fifteen minutes from now, we will hear the conclusion to one of the great sagas in recent sports radio history, Why the hell.
Speaker 3: Is Lee to Laugh's living situation the way that it is?
Speaker 2: So we will have more on that coming up here a little over fifteen minutes from now on The Dan Patrick Show. AJ Brown just won a Super Bowl with the Philadelphia Eagles avid book reader, and he was on with the NFL Insiders talking about the promoter of former passing game coordinator Kevin Pattolo to the offensive coordinator in Philly and had.
Speaker 6: This to say for our fans, Uh, they need to understand everything has to change.
Speaker 2: I know we just want, but it has to change.
Speaker 3: We have to get better and we have to do things different. But I truly feel like it's a great hire. He already has.
Speaker 6: Been involved in almost everything, him killing and Nick basically called the players already, so, uh, it has to evolve. I don't know what wrinkles would it looked like, but we have to find ways to get better. You know, it's a it's a it's a lot of fan out there on hunts. We just won, and you know God's gonna be coming at us. We're not the hunting and where we're the hunting and we have to get better.
Speaker 2: So that's from A. J. Brown, who I just kind of curious. It wasn't that long ago that he was the guy that was calling out the Eagles pass reading books and calming down, you know, their passing game. What all that hot last year?
Speaker 4: No, they were twenty ninth in the league in regards to the regular season, so, I mean, it helps when you're the number two rushing team, so it kind of offsets a lot of I think some of the issues they had in the passing game, but maybe they felt like they didn't really need to dominant offensive line. Saquon back there hurts can run as well, so it could be part of it.
Speaker 3: But but he's not wrong.
Speaker 4: You got to adapt or die, right, You can't be the same team every single season. They're gonna lose some pieces. So they're gonna have to be better offensive league because I think defensively, it's gonna be hard to keep.
Speaker 3: That entire group together.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Manu, it's I think the stakes obviously, you know the stakes go up and what it is that's going on in Philadelphia. It doesn't take the pressure away by winning, It adds more and and so what do you do coming back into this season and losing your your offensive coordinator. Obviously he shored up the situation in Philly for this season, and you are trying to figure out moving forward, how do you best service this team on the offensive side of the ball. When it was a very run heavy You saw what I posted. Did you see that when it's a very run I mean I took cues advice and ran with it. But uh, you know, it's just one of those deals where they are a run heavy team. But you do have talent, a ton of talent on the outsides. So you got to figure out what that balance looks like, even if it is considered to be maybe not as effective as it would be running with Saquon as much as you did this past season. So you don't have to be too much of a passing game, genius when you got a guy that's running for the type of yards that that squon is.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just figured i'd take what you said and do it.
Speaker 2: So LeVar posted the picture on Twitter of Mike Tyson's ass and before the Jake Paul fight, and.
Speaker 5: Well, read the comment, I mean read the comment. It was it was justified. It was justified.
Speaker 2: Uh moved to Canada, LeVar. If you like it so much, according to you, sounds like a gold mine of NFL talent resides there and joy and so you respond with Mike Tyson's ass.
Speaker 3: God like, I mean, I figured i'd get it started. I mean, why wait, why wait?
Speaker 5: Q presented it. I thought it was a hell of an idea, you see. I like implementation and execution. It sounded like a good idea, so I executed.
Speaker 3: Just to reiterate that is when I turned off the fight. Well, I was like, all right, all right, I thought it was gonna be a serious fight. This is not gonna be a serious fight.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll tell you what I mean, he got a serious kiss my ass on on X. I'm American and I don't plan on moving nowhere else. In fact, I am an All American for the rest of my life, entire natural life, So you could kiss my ass.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 2: I have comments. I have comments about Mike Tyson's ass. I just don't want to get beat up. So, you know, it looks great, ready to go beat Jake Paul up. It's all outset you do you Mike?
Speaker 3: Why not? I just you know, and he did not have his gloves on, but he did have his tape on. He was he was taped up father.
Speaker 2: You know, when the commission comes in to wrap you, they've got to sign it to let everybody know. So are they sitting there while they're wrapping his hands and signing and they're like, dude, what are you doing up the first time?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I was about to say, he's pretty comfortable when he did it. I'm pretty certain that's something he's always done.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just don't think that it was something that the camera did, which was pan out and show him walking away with his ass.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe it's a metaphor maybe it's you know, him signaling that he's just gonna let it all hang out. You know, maybe that's that's his philosophy going into fights, you know, let it all hang out let him see my ass.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe there's a deeper meaning to it. After you kissed your kid on the hit though, who's a grown ass man?
Speaker 4: Well, that's the other thing that actually it struck me in the moment. I was thinking to myself, what's the age difference between Mike tyson his son?
Speaker 3: What they looked like, what's the same age.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm asking this question because I'm like, man, I don't think I've seen my dad's ass like that in a long time, if I if ever? And uh, I'm thinking to myself, like, is that a common thing like that? The more father and sons like see their ass like that? No, it's like like, man, man's not seeing your ass. No, we're not doing that. Okay, I've got young son, so I can't relate. I can only give my experience with my dad my dad's ass, I don't know, if ever.
Speaker 5: The craziest part about what you're saying is is I can't even understand how I took showers with dudes when I played. It is the most uncomfortable. Like when I go back to school and I do the show and I go work out after the show, if there are guys in there taking showers. For one, I'll hear the showers, so I don't even look to see if I should take a shower. You don't take a shower pill? Yeah, yeah, absolutely, I go back to the hotel to shower. I go back to the hotel. I can't even comprehend taking a shower where there's no stalls, you know, for you to stand in to take your shower. I can't comprehend being amongst other naked dudes taking a shower at this point.
Speaker 2: But it's not like any given Sunday where a guy breaks out of kimodo dragon and just throws it in the shower when everybody's in there.
Speaker 5: And if I decided to go in there, that's what it would be. But I choose not to go in there and shower with other guys. So I take my kimono dragon and my shower pill, and I go back to my hotel and I take my shower there and the confines and the comfort and the privacy of my own hotel. What about I released a kimono dragon in my room in my shower. Now, what about showering with like your dog? Would you ever show I did that yesterday? I'm glad you brought it up?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 5: You start to realize that your dog isn't a puppy all the way anymore, even though he still whinds like.
Speaker 3: A puppy, but he is very very strong and very capable and able.
Speaker 5: And he pulled me, He almost pulled me out of my shower and across the bathroom floor. I was giving him a shower yesterday. We were taking a shower together. I'm not ashamed.
Speaker 3: I love my dog. He needed a shower, so we took a shower. What's the problem. I've never thought to do that. Why not my dogs? I don't know. Now I'm now I'm questioning that. Now I'm wondering why it is.
Speaker 5: My best friend. It's my best friend, and quite frankly, he's one of Maybe he drag you. I was sitting down shampooing him, like I have a seat because it's a pretty you know, it's a decent sized shower, and it has a seat area, like a bench area that's built into the shower because you sit in there and you steam and stuff like that. So i'm i'm, i'm, I'm shampooing the dog and everything is good. But I seem like nudging the door, like the door the way it closes and closes as an air shut door because obviously you steam in there. So I see him popping it, like popped open a little bit, and then he hits it again. But I'm just thinking, like, you know, it's just I'm washing him to die. He just maybe he's a little hot, he wants a little air whatever. Next thing, I know, this dog tries to make a boat out of the out of the shower while I'm washing, like his back in sides, hitting towards his hind quarters and I get caught in his hind quarters and he almost drugged me all the way and I'm not I'm not little, and he pulled me up off of their like I was penned like I was a nine year old. And that was when I realized, Like they say, it's a super breed dog. That is a super breed dog. Do you guys use the same body wash? No, he has his own and it's for dogs, you know, it happens to be for dogs, you know. Yeah, So I treat them really, We treat our dog really good. Like I don't like, I don't like, Oh, go outside, get the hose and hosing down type stuff like that, Like sometimes I take them in the shower, we go get a shower together. I'm not ashamed. I'm not ashamed.
Speaker 2: I actually feel good.
Speaker 5: I have no problem telling you admitting that. Like I shower with my dogs from time to time. I hose mine down. Okay, and he's dead.
Speaker 3: He might gave you a few more good years.
Speaker 2: You felt like kind of another dog because I had one.
Speaker 3: I'm loyal, you know, And that is.
Speaker 5: Very true what you're saying, Like I don't even feel like that's like you're you said that because you meant it, But.
Speaker 3: I would feel guilty. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that and I don't want to spend the money or take care of it.
Speaker 3: There there's that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, but you lead with the most insincere portion of it. Make people believe that before you give away the real details. That's you know, that's what I've learned. Let's get another dog. I don't think you're a kid would like your son.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you're so selfish you're stealing away your son's child.
Speaker 5: All you do is think about yourself, and then you give these passive aggressive responses as to why you don't do what you do meanwhile, sound like Lee speaking of especially Yeah, let's let's let's end this segment, so Lee has this good amount of time to wrap this up, one of the hottest stories going. Although I believe he'll be lying, just so everybody knows. I am clearly thinking going into this segment, he's going to lie.
Speaker 3: When you call somebody a liar, they can't defend themselves.
Speaker 5: I don't know, Bro, I mean, I know when I'm hearing the truth, and I know when you're it feels like you're lying. So we're going to see. I'm gonna call you liar if I feel like I'm hearing liars.
Speaker 2: By the way, anybody wondering, anybody wondering what the state of the NBA is, Uh, we just cleared it up by talking about Mike Tyson's ass on the air.
Speaker 3: That's how I did get one of your loyal followers. I got him good too. I mean it's good. By the way, thank you for that. Bay the way.
Speaker 2: The Hottest Rookies', biggest superstars and all time greats. The only place to collect them all is Panini Trading Cards, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show for Instant Classics. Autograph cards, memorabilia cards, rare inserts, and more. Start or continue your collection now at Paniniamerica dot net. Coming up next here, we are going to put a bow on this bad boy with something we do called Lee's Leftovers right here Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: It's a Dan Patrick show here on Fox Sports Radio. LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys call it there. We're going to be in our same time slot, normal time slot coming up on Monday, six am Eastern time, three o'clock Pacific. It is Two Pros and a Cup of Joe. So if you want to hear more of the Shenanigans, you can do so Monday through Friday, six am Eastern time here on FSR. A reminder, shortly after this show the podcast will be going up, so if you've missed any of it, be sure to check out the pod search Dan Patrick Show or Two Pros wherever you get your podcast. Be sure to also follow, rate and review the pod and just search Dan Patrick's show or two pros. Wherever you get your podcast, you'll see this show posted right after we get off the air.
Speaker 1: These might smell a little funk, sounds incredible, but they're still good.
Speaker 3: Time to find out what's lap?
Speaker 2: It's Lee's lap, all right, d Lap? What do we got?
Speaker 3: You tell me? What do you guys want to know?
Speaker 7: Because I didn't do anything for Lee's leftovers today because you guys are so interested in my home life.
Speaker 4: Well, again, we've got a different audience, so you have to go back and explain the entire situation of the living situation.
Speaker 3: So in a nutshell, do it accurately?
Speaker 7: In a nutshell, my lovely girlfriend and I had our place on the selling block because she was maybe because we were maybe thinking about splitting.
Speaker 3: But we're in good terms now. But it did get rented out for a month, so now she went away by the way, losing money.
Speaker 4: Though, that's how bad things were that you were willing to take an offer to lose money with it being rented out for a month, And.
Speaker 5: That's how bad change in your mind since you're back on good terms, well instead of just staying together in your apartment together.
Speaker 3: Well, the idea was that maybe we go on vacation.
Speaker 7: She had to go to overseas, and the state of California doesn't let you put your price at a certain amount, so it only covered basically the mortgage, not the hoa.
Speaker 5: So you were only gonna you were gonna lose money regardless. Yeah, so you were renting it out because you were going to go travel. Yeah, okay, go ahead, keep going.
Speaker 7: So yeah, currently we we did go our separate ways, not as a relationship, but she went to Vegas and Arizona for work.
Speaker 3: I went to New Orleans.
Speaker 7: We got back together last week in a rat motel for Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: That was very lovely.
Speaker 7: And now we're back at my parents' house to make the rest of the month on the couch at my folks place before we moved back to our.
Speaker 5: Own, which by the way, would lead to you making money if you stayed at your parents' house renting out your apartment. Correct, okay, but now and living at your parents' house, what is the relationship ship dynamic that plays out between your parents, you and your significant other And how are you guys like situated in the home and how does that work for you?
Speaker 3: And the things that you want to do, but knowing the things that your parents.
Speaker 7: Have going on, well, say, her demeanor is a lot different when she's under my folks roof, which uh mean meaning you have more leverage and power over her. She's on her best behavior, so you know, usually i'd get I'd get hit on the on the knuckles for going out and hanging out with the boys, having a few drinks during the week, the.
Speaker 5: Things that you usually get in terrible serious trouble that lead to you, guys wanting to be on the outs. She doesn't treat you that way because she's in your parents house, which right, that's right. Yeah, I would not move out. I wouldn't move out. Yeah, man, I'd stay there. I would stay there for at least a year until it is established that this is how how it works between you and I and as long as we can continue this. This is the example. So when we do eventually leave here, if you treat me any differently than this, it's.
Speaker 3: A rat lee.
Speaker 2: How bad do you want that happy hour?
Speaker 3: All right? I got stay where you are just a few minutes. Few minutes. You get to go to happy hour whenever you want. I love this.
Speaker 7: She's gonna be Yeah, she's gonna be at work. She's going to work right now as I'm getting off. Happy hour starts in ten minutes.
Speaker 4: Lee, You know this is not sustainable, right, like how you're acting, what you're doing in your relationship. As soon as you get back into that condo, she's gonna whoop yours.
Speaker 5: It's gonna go bad. Built up, it's gonna go bad too, because she sees what you're doing.
Speaker 3: Well. The house is still on the market, so you can't like be holding that stuff over and holding it over anybody's head.
Speaker 2: Why don't you tell those nimrods that are there right now to rent.
Speaker 3: It for another month? Dude, I'm ready to go back. I missed my place.
Speaker 2: They couldn't figure out how to unclog a toilet, dude, nightmare.
Speaker 3: Are you going to have this?
Speaker 7: That was the reason why we didn't go overseas because they were so demanding and they had so many complaints.
Speaker 3: We had to stick around and make sure they were okay. Are you going to have the same You're gonna have the same living arrangements when you go back in?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you going to use your nook in the in the kitchen? For to say? They no, all right, are you sure? Can you say positively that that's a note? God, I would welcome it. I would welcome that back. But ye would you? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Why because the mother, the mother in law, helped with rent, so she would she would stay with us.
Speaker 3: That's fair.
Speaker 1: But you know, and I got it.
Speaker 3: I love her mother. We watched sports together. It's great.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: So Lee, you and your dad like Nascar?
Speaker 3: Correct? Yes, all right?
Speaker 2: So you guys there's a race in Atlanta this weekend. I love you, right, So, uh, can you get on the liver loob and not get judged by your better half while you're at home watching?
Speaker 3: Or is more so than more so than before? I am going to be stretching it thin.
Speaker 7: It's Todd's birthday tomorrow and she's she had a panic attack yesterday just knowing that it was Todd's birthday.
Speaker 3: Why exactly?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Your dad walks around like Mike Tyson in the house sometimes he does How does that work? How does that work? Is the other there? Yeah? He forget, he forgets she's there. It's like, oh hey, Dan, hey you hey, how does that work? What is the response? What is the up? Your people? We're all very close what does that mean? She's fight, she's walk around but like, oh hey, good morning. Not exactly like Mike Tyson.
Speaker 2: But you guys have there's like an upside Okay, you don't have a boxing cup on. You guys have like uh, your your house is the place of the upside down pineapples out in front of.
Speaker 3: Why you're not happy hour, don't worry about it? Well I've got it from here. We'll make Chursey's well entertained.
Speaker 8: That's why I give it you no problems, just well you know, hey, enjoy why you got.
Speaker 3: It man, because I'm good for nothing anymore.
Speaker 2: Saving money, not getting your balls broken for having a couple of cocktails during the week not bad.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey man, y'all enjoy y'all weekend?
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 2: Fun that funly? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You have fun on your hour?
Speaker 2: Thanks for letting us sit in everybody, This was fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, you have a good one man talk to y'all.
Speaker 5: Got big show tomorrow to by the way up one game check us out forget about Jonas Dunts