Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's guess you.
Speaker 1: Y'll more Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast. Hello daniel Hello, look at you bringing bringing us in.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the one thing now that we're news reporters. But I'm not good at.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Start?
Speaker 2: Like if I was actually had a show, like, let me pretend I have a real show.
Speaker 1: This isn't one. This isn't one.
Speaker 2: Like say I was the news anchor, Like I'm David Muir on ABC. How did you open the newscast? He says, probably good evening.
Speaker 1: Because everybody he things for tuning in everybody.
Speaker 2: I don't think like they go good evening, everybody, Oh why not? I feel like they get to it too. Like it's like I think we lollygag too much at the top. I think if it was like David Mirror, he goes, like, good evening, a lot of news.
Speaker 3: To report, you know, bloody la la la da, Like like I would have been like, good evening, a lot of news to report, fires out west, Trump out east.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about it like that.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good, thank you.
Speaker 2: See. I think we got to get to it, So let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's get to it. We got a lot of news today.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good day, good evening, whatever time you're listening in your car, in your home, taking a walk, exercising, vacuuming. This is Gilmore Girls headlines. Let's get to it. How about that. That's great Jared Pavalleki is getting the new show.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's CBS is smart.
Speaker 2: They are. He's got to have medical drama and development at CBS, which kind of makes sense too, because like, I don't want to mess this up, but I think Walker, CBS, CW and CBS they're all paramount, they're all owned by the same people. So if he did all his other shows at CW, now he's just aged himself up to the series. Oh though it says the former girl Gilmore Girls Supernatural Walker Star, that's hard to say. Let me do that again. Don't edit it, just let the people hear me mess it up. The former Gilmore Girls Supernatural Walker Star will headline a Texas based medical drama from CBS Studio. So that doesn't mean it's going to air on CBS. It might, but it might not because you can do something for CBS Studios that airs somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it comes from the Walker show runner Anna Frick. I think it's how you say it, which she knows what she's doing. She she sees she's.
Speaker 2: Gonna watch Walker. Though I never watched that.
Speaker 1: I didn't, but I've seen many pictures and a.
Speaker 2: Plus, wasn't it based on Walker, like Aker Texas Ranger, which it's like a it is his name Chuck Norris. I like that guy's name is Chuck Norris. That was on that. I mean, I check Nors. I think it is still around. I feel like I see him doing like the thi Master or something, not the Thigh Master, like a different one of those. Interesting though, that we're not going to get the spin off of fire Country, because remember he did the three episodes of Fire Country that we thought we're going to turn into a show. Yeah, now we're going to get.
Speaker 1: This feels very just just a spin off not happening like the same way. Does you mean you mean very reminiscent. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if I had to think about this though, if I was going to watch the spin off of Fire Country or this medical drama, I think I want the medical one.
Speaker 1: Oh you see, I think I would want the fire especially right now all the rages firefighters like they are just amazing human beings.
Speaker 2: They're like they're the real celebrities.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I've got a couple of stories. Did I tell you that two of my friends were out at dinner at like Hillstone or one of those type of places like or it was Hillstone or something, one of those you know chains that is Hillstone. They got different names, Hillstone.
Speaker 1: Hillstone's on right, what's the other wood Range whatever.
Speaker 2: So they were there, and this was a week ago, so it was you know, really and if firefighters men and women were having dinner and my friends were like, oh my god, we have to pay for their dinner, please, please, please, And then the restaurant's like, well, we already paid for their dinner. So then my friends were like, okay, we want to do this. The entire restaurant was like applauding, like thank got a stand there.
Speaker 1: I would I think I would cry. I know I would. I would be bulling my freaking eyes out because what these what these firefighters do for other people. They risk their entire lives. And look, there's many professions that do this, I understand, but right now we're very sensitive because of the wildfires in southern California. They literally risk their lives and to protect other people's homes, other people's animals, other people's relative you know, like they.
Speaker 2: Are fire brand into the house to get like.
Speaker 1: A dog, one box also and to get a box and a cat. Like I've seen countless stories of this, and it's just gosh, it just I always knew firefighters were amazing, but just something within the last two weeks just made me just really really take a second, just say, wow, they are fricking awesome. So if you, if you are a firefighter, if you're married to one, if you are related to one, give them an extra hug because they're doing a lot right now.
Speaker 2: Yes. And then interestingly, did you see John Legend did a now I don't know if he did more, but I saw it on his social media where he went out with the incarcerated firefighter, you know, the incarcerated people that are fighting the fires, which is what fire Country's all about, and he did a whole thing with them. I thought it was really good. So, like, I don't know, I mean, fire country has come to life.
Speaker 1: Yep, it is. It's yeah, one hundred percent wild.
Speaker 2: It makes me want to watch it now. I watched like an episode. And also there's multiple Gilmore Girls connections in fire Country because Billy Burke.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: So Billy Burke, who was the He was the coffee boyfriend, right, the boyfriend that owned all the coffee where it was like a cop. Yes, yes, yes, yes, And I liked him and.
Speaker 1: Get his name. Let me find it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I liked him, and you can look for it. While I tell another Billy Burke thing. I've weirdly gotten into this other Billy Burke show called Zoo. It's an old show. I don't even know if it was like popular somehow. I remember watching a few episodes and I'm like, I'll finish this out.
Speaker 1: So what's his name?
Speaker 2: Billy Burke? Story coming up? What was his name?
Speaker 1: What's his name?
Speaker 2: Billy Burke?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, in Gilmore Girls coffee guy? No, what is it? You know it? You know? This is my trivia to you?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I don't know what. Don't give it to me, Alex, Alex, Yes, I never would have gotten You could have given me seven thousand, yes, and I don't think I would.
Speaker 1: Have gotten it.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned, because we do have another Billy Burke story coming up, but first we're going to do the story that I don't want to do because I'm so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm I'm happy you're saying this because I saw the headline and I literally said, ooh ooh.
Speaker 2: Do But we have to. We have to report it because we we do the news. Guys like we are. We don't pick the stories based on our bias to do the news. So I'm gonna read the People magazine headline. Sally Struthers says she was fat shamed by Betty White, calls her a very passive, aggressive woman. Okay, and I quote so let's talk about it, which is I guess the name of the show she was on. She was on an episode of a show called Let's Talk About That with Larry Sapperstein and Jacob Bellatti. I don't know who any of those people are or what this show is, but she somehow it came up. Spoke about her past interactions with Betty White. Now, I love Betty White, I have interviewed Betty White. Betty White passed away in twenty twenty one at ninety nine years old. This is what Sally said, And we're gonna be very careful, becase I'm going to give the quotes. I know everybody loves her. They loved her so much they signed petitions to get her to guest hoste lot. I know all that. I didn't have such a great experience with her. And then she went on to call her a very passive aggressive woman. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: What this is?
Speaker 2: What I get it?
Speaker 1: This is what I say, Benny White, sweet sweet lady. Right, all right, whatever it is, what it is. She is not here to defend herself. Please do not talk about people that cannot defend themselves. It's just in bad taste. And maybe she was passive aggressive towards Sally's truthers. I'm not taking that away from Sally, but Sally.
Speaker 2: Danielle, we talk about people on this show that are not here to this. I love how honorable you are, except that, like our whole job is to talk.
Speaker 1: About a sound faster Tomorrow can get on a podcast and say, you know what, you're sugarman and Danielle Romo on that Gilmore Girls Gazette podcast, they really don't like me, and you know what, screw them. She can say that if she wants brute.
Speaker 2: So you're saying, I think maybe what you're saying is, don't speak ill of the dead exactly.
Speaker 1: She's not here to like, she can't say sorry, she can't you know, like she is not here to defend herself.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna describe the interaction that Sally Struthers described, and I do have one possible take on it. So Sally Struthers went over to Betty White's house as they were working on a game show together. White asked her housekeeper to bring them something to eat. So Sally's Struthers says, then the plate was set in the middle and it was cookies. I think, I think, so, she says.
Speaker 1: I think, Sally, I'm going to be very sure.
Speaker 2: Right, she might not remember it exactly right. So I reached for a cookie and she said, in front of everyone, Oh, I wouldn't do that if I were you, dear, you don't need a cookie. So Sally's interpreted as totally fat shamed me in front of the rest of the people in the room, and I thought, gosh, that's not nice. Now, fair interpretation for Sally, But could we make a possibility. Betty White was a very very funny person who did funny jokes. If you watch her like on all the game shows, she's on everything she did. Maybe she was trying to do a joke that didn't land. Maybe her attention was comedy and not.
Speaker 1: Maybe however, if that was indeed said Sally, that sucks, so like I'll give it to you. That's not coool, you know, But I still stand by what I was saying earlier in that you don't why tell the story?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Why tell the story? Now?
Speaker 2: I'm okay with like gonna, I'm okay with it. It came up. I'm just wondering, sometimes when you're trying to be funny, it can come off as mean if the joke doesn't work, Like I don't know, Say I'm just gonna say, say you came in the room, or say I came into the room. Okay, well make it about me. Say I came into the room and I was wearing a jacket that was like a bit too tight, right, say it was just a bit too tight, and you said fat guy in the little coat. Right. I'm just saying would I be would I cry? Or would I laugh? Maybe it just depends on my mood that day. Both reactions could happen because I might be like, yeah, this is too small, or I might be like dd you like you know what I'm saying. I'm just saying like maybe maybe there's a world where it was trying to be a joke that just was like not funny, didn't land. Yeah, I don't know, like go watch some of the old passwords stuff because there sometimes that's hard. Like she's in a meeting for a game show. They probably were trying to be funny, so maybe she's like, I better be funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I always feel bad for like the host of the Golden Globes and the Oscars when they're trying to be funny and they just land on the wrong person in the audience, who just isn't it just taking the joke right?
Speaker 2: Let me tell you the joke that was funny though, that Nicki Glazer did I do you remember when she's like Glenn Powell quite a year, you're having Glenn Palell like you were in this, you were in this, you're in my fantasies when I sleep with my boysen or whatever, and then she just tells says something, says something and she's like see you tonight. That was funny. Just her timing was so good. Let's talk about John Ham.
Speaker 1: Good old John Ham. I he's one of those character one of those actors that I forget was in Gilmart Girls. But obviously we do love John Ham.
Speaker 2: I know it was quick. It was just like he was just the one episode, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He was named the twenty twenty five Man of the Year, which I'm trying to figure out how you do Man of the Year at the top of.
Speaker 2: The Harvard it's for Harvard. They do this thing called the Hasty Pudding something or other.
Speaker 1: The year, like when you because he because they it's.
Speaker 2: It's like, it's not really like he doesn't earn it. In twenty twenty five, he's just named it. It's the Hasty Pudding twenty twenty five Man of the Year. So it's some Harvard thing.
Speaker 1: Well, in the past, some pastors sipiens were plenty. Eastwood, Tom Hanks, Ryan Reynolds need.
Speaker 2: To be kind of dorky. I think there's something kind of dorky about it. I can't remember. I think they have to like wear goofy hat or something.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I would love to see Johnny roof hat. It's kind of a rest, I think, But yeah, so good for you. Johnny get a pudding pot.
Speaker 2: So does this actually have to do with pudding? Yeah, they get a pudding pot. Why do I feel like this is the second time I've been talking about pudding. No, we talked about this before. I don't need pudding. We had a different showing you and I know you and I did some sort of an episode recently where pudding came up, and I don't. I think pudding has dairy.
Speaker 1: Love me some chocolate pudding. And I'm looking like.
Speaker 2: Happy Yoka pudding. My mom used to make that homemade.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I'm looking. I'm looking at this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they wear like a goofy hat. It's very goofy.
Speaker 1: I don't see the goofy hat, but I see they.
Speaker 2: Wear almost like a graduation outfit or something like gold. Oh gold. Have you watched land Man yet? No, me either, but I kind of want to.
Speaker 1: And they like kissed the gold pot the pudding pot. M okay, it's very weird Harvard.
Speaker 2: It's kind of Harvard dorky something other. Sorry, if you went to Harvard, we didn't, and neither did Rory, so we don't care. And I did parrots or Yale men over here or Yale man. But I do want to watch land Man. Oh, speaking of Billy Burke, this is super old news. But when I was I don't know, surfing the web, that's the kids say. I got excited because Billy Burke's gonna be in some sort of zombie thriller called Outbreak, And I was like, I'm in. I don't need to know anything else. Zombie thriller called Outbreak, Billy Burke, I'm in. I don't know what it's about. I don't know anything about it. I hope it actually comes out. I'm in, all right. Well, oh, yeah, and Alex was friends with somebody that Suki was friends with. Remember that anyway.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's Billy Burke on Gilmergirls.
Speaker 2: If you're not keeping.
Speaker 1: Up, Max Greenfield and Camilla Luddington sort of up a major usher fail on Celebrity Jeopardy.
Speaker 2: Oh I did not see this, but now I need to be reminded of Max Greenfield's character on Gilmar Girls.
Speaker 1: Oh, he didn't have a big role. That mean, it was like in the background.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was like a bit player either at a school, either at Chilton or in the newsroom or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me just do a quick little google Rooney Oh, bachelor party.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and they like come into the diner or something, right, yep, kind of all drunk. He drunk. Yep. So here's my question. We don't need to get in the weeds on Celebrity Jeopardy, But do you watch regular Jeopardy? Do you watch Celebrity Jeopardy? And do you watch the new Colin Jost hosted Pop Culture Jeopardy?
Speaker 1: None of those.
Speaker 2: My dad never misses Jeopardy. Like if I call at seven or whatever time it's on and he's like watching Jeopardy. Yeah, like I got a call back, I got to hit that before or after. Yep. And it used to be a real pickle because at six o'clock he would watch Rachel Maddow and then seven o'clock was Jeopardy. And that's kind of like when I call, so I'd really have to time that h Yep. But I like Jeopardy. I get the appeal. I never watch it. Celebrity Jeopardy I might find enjoyable. Yeah, the Culture Jeopardy. I don't like how they play in threes. It's very confusing. The questions are so easy.
Speaker 1: The problem that I have with a regular Jeopardy is It's like in nineteen twenty two, who sailed on blah blah blah, and I like, I don't know, I don't know. Can you tell me things? Within the last ten years?
Speaker 2: Do you see on Pop Culture Jeopardy they did an entire I put this in the group text. They did a whole Gilmore girls category.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did see.
Speaker 2: It was an entire Gilmore girl's thing.
Speaker 1: Although you shtill play that. Did you see all the questions?
Speaker 2: I should just be the host?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should be the host. That'd be a lot of fun. All right, let's do that.
Speaker 2: Next week, Hugh Jackman and Setton Foster were photographed again holding hands. But I feel like we reported on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm over it no more Hugh Jackman, Son Foster fake pability holding hands in LA stories. I'm over it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not over it.
Speaker 1: Why it's the same thing over and over again? What what interests you?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm gonna keep covering it.
Speaker 1: If there's another story a few Jackman Sutton fosterid upcoming episodes. Just note that came from Amy Sugarman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's my choice.
Speaker 1: I'm over it.
Speaker 2: Make it interesting. I'm not gonna just do I'm not gonna just do they were holding hands. They're gonna have to be doing something exciting. They went to Disneyland, or like they were, you know, something more. They were riding bikes, they were rollerblading. It's gonna be more than just holding hands or I'm not gonna do it. Okay. Now I came across this, and I'm gonna give credit to Jessica A. Kent because I don't know if she came up with it or if she took it from somebody, but I thought this was a genius Instagram post this woman, or she stole it from somebody else, said alternate final four words for Gilmore girls, I want to see what your thoughts are. Laurli is working in her office at the Dragonfly late at night, so the picture it as the last scene, so instead of the gazebo scene, we get this. Laura is working in her office at the Dragonfly late at night when there comes a ring at the desk bell. I love the description here. She wanders out to find a teenage girl with a baby in her arms, looking a little frantic, and it says can I stay here? I just got chills me too when I saw that I was like, I'm in Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: And then that's a whole spinoff on.
Speaker 2: Here's my thing, person, here's my thing on this and again everyone can disagree. Had Amy Sherman Palladino done season seven or season eight or whatever it was back then, and she ended it with Mom, I'm pregnant. Mom, I'm pregnant. I forgot a word. It's four words. Mom, I'm pregnant is three words? What word am I forgetting? Mom, I'm pregnant. I'm forgetting a word? Can somebody pull that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's lore like san Yeah, Mom, Yeah, I'm pregnant.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it, thank you? Okay. So I love that ending. I think that ending is genius if it was in the first run of the series, because Rory would have been young, it's kind of a full circle YadA YadA.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Land quite as well for me in the movies. I mean, it's good, it's good, it's bordering on great. I like, it's it exceptional. I don't know, it just doesn't land quite as well because she's older. Yes, we're what we've wondered for years, who's the daddy logan? Obviously, and it does like, it's a good cliffhanger, but this something there and then you get the full next series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Like it.
Speaker 1: I got chills. I will say I did like the ending in the movies. And my question for you is, do you think Amy Sherman Palladino had the intent to continue on with the story of Rory's baby or she just wanted to like she ended it.
Speaker 2: Okay, from what I've read, No, no, no, I'm basing this on what I've read, those were the four words she wanted to end the original series with. She always knew how she wanted to end the series. Maybe I'm making that up. Always knew, but she knew from what I read that she wanted to end the series with those four words. She didn't do season seven, so that's why she ended the movies with the ForWords. She always wanted to end the series with. Respect. Love it. It's dramatic, come in. I don't know if her intention is to ever do more Gilmore Girls. I feel like maybe I feel like if I were her and I've seen how the show just lives on, lives on, lives on, I might want to do some more. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yep. I like it.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you don't want to go back to something, but sometimes you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just don't know. I think that I would have loved fun Heads if it was Rory's baby, and then the Gilmour repeating things would make sense to me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see, you're saying that it needed to actually be a spin off of Gilmore Girls to not be so.
Speaker 1: Jarring, like let Kelly Bishop be Emily and pop In and She's She's gone Roseby Gypsy and pop in. Let Kirk be Kirk and pop in.
Speaker 2: That's a spin off. Yeah, I get it. I'm not I'm not disagreeing with you, not disagreeing at all.
Speaker 1: Who are we to criticize?
Speaker 2: I guess we are just us. We just we do the news. We're news men.
Speaker 1: We have time for one trivia question.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my god, and what about what about the the advent calendar.
Speaker 1: I gotta do the Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me get the Advent calendar really quick. Pay what's the date today?
Speaker 1: The twenty first and twenty second.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna do twenty three. Oh, oh my god, oh my god, okay, gosh, I don't want to say, oh my gosh, it's is that washy tape? I don't know what washy tape?
Speaker 1: Is that washy tape.
Speaker 2: It's just tape, but it's like you.
Speaker 1: But you can put it over like it's see through.
Speaker 2: Well it's not see through. It's Gilmore tape. There's Gilmore stuff on here.
Speaker 1: But you're not using it to tape up a box. It's like more decoration.
Speaker 2: Who's using tape as a dec.
Speaker 1: It's like for scrap booking, you know, like you do scrap booking, you put over the corner.
Speaker 2: Okay, you see this is washy tape. Book.
Speaker 1: I don't scrap you see does it look like that? It?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, so it's washy tape. But I would I don't scrapbook, right, So I guess this is if you make a Gilmore scrap book. But I would just use this as tape. Or like when I'm sending up like a package, I would tape it up with this.
Speaker 1: Now there's nobody you're putting a box. You're sealing a box with that. There's an envelope.
Speaker 2: What's going to drive me batty is trying to get the tape off the tape? Do you know what I mean? You know how they seal it in plastic. Oh, got one, so washy tape. I just learned a whole new thing.
Speaker 1: I'm glad I taught you something.
Speaker 2: Back to scrapbookers. I think our friend Britney's mom is like a big scrap booker and she used to go to like scrapbooking conventions. Oh wow, ok, let's do one more. Oh the plastic seal. Have you ever tried to open a pack at batteries? I mean, who can do that?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 2: Okay, let me let's do ten. For some reason, ten hasn't been opened. Yeah, okay, disappointing, but not that disappointing. Mortga mortgift.
Speaker 1: Oh, they shouldn't repeat.
Speaker 2: I agree, they shouldn't repeat. Okay, so we'll continue the journey of the advent calendar next week. Let's do now, why are you Russian? Are we over time or something?
Speaker 1: Well, we might have a meeting right now, but oh, we have.
Speaker 2: A meeting because we're newsmen, guys, and we need to get to our news meetings, because we're newsmen. What animal wants into the dragonfly in and stays there for twenty minutes?
Speaker 1: A bird?
Speaker 2: A horse?
Speaker 1: Oh? I thought a bird flew into?
Speaker 2: Do I make that up. Probably not. Who moves into Rory's yell dorm when her mother asked her to leave? Come on? Oh een yep. Who is the eccentric cousin who comes to Tricks' funeral? Laid by Marion Ross?
Speaker 1: Oh this is gonna bother me. She was so fun. I'm not going to get her name.
Speaker 2: Marrolyn, Mary Rolin. Good episode friends, just friend because it's just you and me. Well, I'm desperately still trying to get this washy tape open. Oh oh oh got it, I got it. Oh okay, I'm ready to see the next letter I send to you, which I send you so many?
Speaker 1: You send me so many? Lets gift show up yours? Did?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much? Did? Okay?
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 2: Can I tell everybody a funny story?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Tele Very, this is cool? Classic classic Okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, what am I going to get Danielle for Christmas? What I'm going to get her? So I pick out something mm hmm now I know this now. Simultaneously Danielle was like, what am I gonna get Amy for Christmas? So she picked out something.
Speaker 1: The same thing.
Speaker 2: We got each other, the same sneakers. We didn't talk about it. We didn't talk about it to anybody. We mailed each other and we mailed them. We actually mailed each other a box and we got each other the same thing. It is saved so much postage by just keeping them at our own house. I know.
Speaker 1: It is beyond amazing. We we had a great chuckle over it.
Speaker 2: That's why when you guys are listening, you're like, is this one person? Yes, we're two newsmen. We're two newsmen delivering the news.
Speaker 1: And on that we shall say, and that's the news, everybody. Don't forget. Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com