Speaker 1: Hello, fellow conspiracy realists. Before we begin tonight's Strange News, quick housekeeping announcement, we were on the road as we were recording, had some technical difficulties and therefore had to improvise. As a result, the microphone quality is going to be a little bit different from what we're used to. However, have no fear. We'll be back to our regular audio programming very soon. Thanks so much, And here's the show.
Speaker 2: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn the stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my name is Nol.
Speaker 1: They call me Ben. We're joined as always with our super producer Alexa's code name Doc Holiday Jazz. Most importantly, you are you.
Speaker 4: You are here.
Speaker 1: That makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. You know, as everybody is wondering, gosh, are the guys going to get political today? Because we sure love it when they do well.
Speaker 5: The uh, the uh, we see. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Former President Donald Trump, just by way of a cold open, had this trial about classified docs. It has been delayed indefinitely.
Speaker 4: I was going to get through the porn star bribery one first, right, you know, order of operations in all things.
Speaker 1: A slaughterhouse cleaning company just got fined for knowingly using child labor. Because apparently we're back in the early days of the industrial Revolution. They're just for cleaning it, Ben, just for cleaning it, Matt, They're they're fine. Was six hundred thousand and forty nine hundred and forty nine thousand dollars. So I guess justice or just us. That is an early hip hop shout out to very few people who recognize it.
Speaker 4: We got hip hop shout outs galore coming later on the episode too.
Speaker 1: Right today, we are diving into stories of brain worms. We're going to end with a meditation on something that's very important to a lot of us listening this evening. We're going to learn about, as you said, Noel, some hip hop updates. Does art imitate life? Does life imitate art?
Speaker 4: If?
Speaker 1: Sue to what degree? And before we do any of that, this is our cold open. Stay tuned, folks.
Speaker 3: Tornadoes and we've returned, and boy howdy are the winds spinning around and giving us some interesting things to talk about some terrifying things. In fact, I guess we can start with just the fact that tornado season this year is kicking off to be intense and dangerous and happening more eastward than it normally would.
Speaker 4: Do you think they align that with the rollout of Twisters the movie coming soon to a theater near you.
Speaker 1: Natural Disasters is viral marketing? I think so before we could tell you, though, Matt, because we are an inter we do have an international audience. We are a global show. Is it true that tornadoes tend to occur most often in the US in a normal season, or is that a misapprehension.
Speaker 3: Well, tornadoes can't only occur in the United States, but they happen most frequently here, and for a long time. Historically, tornadoes occurred in the central part of the United States, a place that is known as Tornado Alley, although that ali isn't quite what it used to be, and it wasn't really true actually for the entirety of the existence of the thing called Tornado Alley. It's actually a much larger swath of the United States. So if we take a look at our US maps, especially if we live outside of it, look at this thing look at the center, really look at Oklahoma and the states surrounding Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: Well, it likes some flat right Like it certainly helps if it's a really flat part of the country.
Speaker 3: The plains are a really great place for these types of winds and storms of the things that create tornadoes. But the whole point here is that Tornado Alley is becoming much much bigger, and it's moving eastward. So if okay, we have to think about some meteorological stuff. Everybody winds, the prevailing winds that go across the earth above the United States, they move from west to east. There's kind of two of them that snake around a little bit, and those winds cause storms in general to move across the contiguous United States that same direction, from west to east, and generally tornadoes follow along parent storms. Like imagine just a giant thunderstorm, and then a tornado occurs with that little twisting wind of that cyclonic wind that begins high above the earth, and then as it moves down and it touches down on the earth, and that's how you get a tornado. Today we're going to talk about some weird stuff happening with those storms. The first thing we're going to talk about today that was strange occurred on April thirtieth. It's something called an anti cyclonic tornado. Guys, what do you think that is?
Speaker 4: Is it like a reverse tornado?
Speaker 3: Is it antimatter?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It sounds really scary though.
Speaker 3: Whatever it is, it's literally just a tornado that's spinning in the quote wrong direction.
Speaker 4: That's okay.
Speaker 3: So I was FROs right, I said, you're absolutely right. Okay, cool, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 4: Neither the wind.
Speaker 3: So most tornadoes that happened within the United States turn in a counterclockwise way, but an anti cyclonic tornado turns clockwise. That's all it means, guys. But it's only one to two percent of all tornadoes that have ever existed, at least that have been on record.
Speaker 4: Wait, so, if a tornado is turning clockwise sucks things into the eye, does the anti tornado push things outward?
Speaker 3: Kind of Nope, no functions in the same way.
Speaker 4: It's just very interesting turn it.
Speaker 1: So for many of us listening along this evening, the question would be, is it something related to hemispheres such that you know, toilets right, the anecdotes flush in a different direction in the southern hemisphere. Is there any sand to.
Speaker 3: That, Yes, the northern hemisphere. Cyclonic things like tornadoes do share this. So it's not just the United States, as anybody above the equator to the north, you're going to see these counterclockwise spinning storms. In the South, you're getting the others. But for some reason this undecided to be strange. But that's not the only thing strange about it. Not only was it spinning the wrong way, it came to an almost complete stop. Like imagine a huge storm moving across a tornado forms it touches down. Now instead of that tornado following along with the storm, the storm keeps moving, but that tornado just chills in one spot and wreaks havoc in one general area.
Speaker 1: A stationary twister.
Speaker 3: A stationary twister exactly, very very strange, very uncommon. It's a weird thing that occurred, right and as tornadoes are probably heavily in your news feeds with all of the craziness that's been going on at the end of April and starting into May, as we are guys in the middle of tornado season. It's gonna last another month or two. More weird things are happening with tornadoes. For example, the first ever tornado emergency on record in Michigan was just issued on Tuesday, as we're recording this on Wednesday, so that's Tuesday, May seventh, which is pretty crazy. It's the first tornado emergency on record for Michigan. That was That comes from the National Weather Service, the NWS, which is part of the NOAA, the National what is it, Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Speaker 4: I think that's right, yeah, Noah for sure. Do you think they wrote it like they had the acronym because of the Noah and the arc and the weather and all that, and then created the things after the fact, or it was just a happy coincidence that it spelled out Noah.
Speaker 1: Bob Ross happy accident.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: I love that because if it was, if it were on purpose, they would have added something like that's true pop, it's true hemispheric, you know, so with an h.
Speaker 3: Very nice, Oh guys, I didn't even mention. On that same day, on April thirtieth, there was another very odd thing that occurred almost simultaneously as the anti cyclonic tornado. There was a tornado that instead of moving from west to east as we talked about which is the way they go. This one started moving that way from west to east and then stopped and then turned around and went back on the same exact route that it had come from where it was spawned, So it like did a double whammy on the ground.
Speaker 4: Matt, I do have to ask you know, I saw a movie I went saw Civil War in the theaters the other day, and the previews included a preview for this new Twister reboot, Twisters in the spirit of alien and Aliens. I guess it's time there two. But they were like, weren't there two in the first one anyway? But is there any truth to this idea of like storm chasers and people that like invent these weird things that could shoot up inside the twister and get photography or map them in some way using like tech, Like I just I literally all I know about this world is what I saw in the movie with Bill Pullman and the flying cows. I didn't know if you had run across anything like that in your research on the topic.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, if you go back to our Discovery days and and just follow along with Discovery, they've got shows about people who do that very thing, who who build custom vehicles, customer drones.
Speaker 4: Things.
Speaker 1: Got I got close to uh riding in one of those very weird vans, but the satellite dishes and little BIPs and bobs and yeah, yeah, just in rejected. Yeah, there is some that's a little bit uh, you know, move a fide right for a bit embellished. But that stuff is real and does exist. As far as my understanding, I just had to to some degree.
Speaker 4: But I just it's not my wheelhouse, y'all. O, you got no worries, man, do a search for something called Tornado Intercept Vehicle one.
Speaker 3: It is one of the most badass vehicles you'll ever see. It's developed so that it's a you know, a vehicle that travels on the road with wheels, right, But then it's got I don't even know, I wasn't going to say buttressed sides, but it's got the edges that go all the way down to the ground so it can kind of sit down on the ground where wind can't get underneath it and pick it up the way a traditional vehicle would be lifted.
Speaker 1: Maximizing a lower center of gravity is part of it, right, Oh yeah, you want to have beat me here, doc, You want to have a real on those things.
Speaker 4: In a way, what are tornadoes if not kind of weaponized gravity? Am I right? Hot take there? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yes, I mean a lot of other forces to weaponize, just gravity.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm clearly an expert.
Speaker 3: What is crazy?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: Storms in general, we don't think about them, maybe that often we I think we all share maybe a love of a good thunderstorm. Right, we talked about that before, like when when there's when there's electricity flashing off above us and the power of the sound waves that ripple through. I don't know if there's something pretty dope about that.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's intense. It's intense, and it really makes you, I mean not to sound cliche, but realize how small we are, how we're all just sort of somehow, you know, hanging on to this spinning rock and could be sucked off into space at any moment or you know, set on fire. Right, yes, solar rays, yes.
Speaker 1: I guess on behalf of the audience again, what gives is this a break from previous patterns? It it appears to be so, and if so, do meteorologists have a conclusion on as to why this might be occurring? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they said, who knows ah, and then they got in their storm shelters just like the rest of us did. No, They've got a bunch of ideas about what's going on. A lot of it has to do with change record heat levels. We're on track to have the second hottest basically period during a tornado season. There's all kinds of really interesting information. If you want to look it up, you can. You can find an article from fizzorg titled what's with the recent wild tornadoes? Experts way in. Lots of good information in there. But the weather experts over at Acuweather are predicting that there will be somewhere between twelve hundred and fifty two one three hundred and seventy five tornadoes across the USA in the year twenty twenty four. And you know, we're just inside the season right now, but it's definitely above the historical average. And you can check out some places where gosh, the record number of tornadoes in April, or like the historical record number of tornadoes in April. I think we hit number two this past April with around three hundred storms that produced tornadoes or three hundred tornadoes that were produced in storms. Guys I didn't realize that in twenty eleven there was an historic outbreak like number one with a bullet on there, and it had over seven hundred tornadoes in April.
Speaker 4: So it's just getting worse every year progressively, is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, twenty eleven had over seven I'm sorry, this year had around three hundred.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm sorry. I what's the deal with predicting twelve fifty to thirteen seventy five?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm talking about just the month of April here, Okay, got you got, you got your and Aci Weather's talking about the entirety of the tornado season.
Speaker 4: So all the April is typically a stormy month, right, I mean it's sort of a wet, a wet month.
Speaker 1: April is the cruelest month, said Selliot.
Speaker 4: Well, you know it's fun. I don't know if you guys think about this, but like when I picture sort of a scorched earth, barren apocalypse world, I often picture unhinged, chaotic, deadly storms raging at all times. You know, And maybe that's something that I've picked up from sci fi or whatever, But you do have to wonder if this is going to escalate? Is this going to be the kind of thing. This is going to be a new problem that we have to contend with. And like, figure, okay, oh geez, we've got another deadly, you know, tornado that's coming out as a better kide in our bunkers or whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, shout out to hurricanes, right, Shout out to the people getting priced out of Florida and parts of the Gulf because insurance is increasingly not messing with them. I think also on one note that will be important for people in the region loosely known as Tornado Alley or however it becomes defined in the future, is that it seems like, and Matt correct me here if i am If I'm off base, tornadoes are clustering more often, Is that correct?
Speaker 4: Oh geez?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, imagine one single storm that rolls through that's huge, right, that covers maybe a large part of let's say, Alabama. Ben, what you're talking about with clustering, it's like that storm is producing multiple tornadoes, and then they are also interacting in weird ways, like they're getting really close to each other. Those two weird tornadoes that we talked about, the one that was spinning clockwise and the other one that went back on its own track. Those were that was the same storm, and they were happening happening almost simultaneously in the same part of Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: WHOA, but bro, what happens if an anti and a regular tornado meet? Does it cause like a time space rifts or like, I mean, that just seems like really deadly equal and opposite forces. I just wonder if that creates something new or spawns something. I don't know. I'm sorry if I'm this has got my imagination running wild.
Speaker 3: As you can sell unsure one day we will find out. Uh yeah, it does feel like a weird coincidence because Twisters, the movie from Universal Slash Warner Brothers, is getting a ton of press and doing a lot of promo right now. So actually, I mean, of course, right it's tornado season. Somebody somewhere in a marketing room was like, hey, this is great. Oh my god, you see how many how many people are googling tornadoes right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we happened to the death and destruction. Let's piggyback on that movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there are rumors and all kinds of stuff going around that they're somehow related. Obviously they're not pretty sure Universal Pictures doesn't have a weather machine unless they do, and if you hear about that, please let us know. But if you do want to pay attention to the weather around you and what's going on this year, cannot recommend enough that National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration NWS site. It is SPC dot NOAA dot gov, and that is the Storm Prediction Center and it gives you well in advance of where potential storms would be. It's a lot in the same way many of us would probably use, like the Weather Channel app or one of those any other weather app but this thing is super robust and super cool. Highly recommend. All right with that, we are going to break from these storms and we will be right back with more strange news.
Speaker 4: And we're back, as promised with the hip hop Beef of the Century, y'all, man, I wish the century. I don't know. Maybe I don't know. How's hip hop been around for a century. This seems is a pretty big one, dude. I don't know, Tupac it is.
Speaker 1: It's approaching big levels.
Speaker 4: I would thank you. Let's just get there, because I feel like.
Speaker 1: For anybody who doesn't who is it read onto hip hop or a fad Nolan sounds like you're talking about two very specific people, Oh Absol.
Speaker 4: Freaking lowly Kendrick Lamar and Drake a ka Aubrey Graham, which I didn't know until I started following the story famously. You know, a multi platinum, gajillionaire hip hop artist. I kind of hesitate to call him exclusively a rapper an MC. I think of him a little more as a singer sometimes than a pop star. He does have rap chops, but he also was revealed to have had ghost writers, which is a big no no, a big way of getting clowns in the hip hop community, because the strength of your rap abilities depends and your prowess as an MC you'll you know, bend your super student of hip hop largely entirely depends on people believing that the lyrics are coming from you and they reflect your worldview and your understanding and your wit and your ability to turn phrases and to you know, they call them ciphers because if you read these things on paper, a lot of times there's a lot of hidden meaning. And sometimes these things are going past you so fast you got to listen a couple of times to catch all of the little nuances in there, so.
Speaker 1: Struck a chord and it's probably a mind or very clever.
Speaker 4: So Kendrick Lamar, who I would definitely call a rapper. I think he's one, you know, and you know, I mean, maybe I'm showing my bias, but I'm definitely team Kendrick here. I think he is probably one of the best rappers of our generation. He's clever, he's got that worldview. He uses different interesting musicians and production. I think to pimp Butterfly is just like a fabulous record through and through. Drake has some very catchy songs, but I would not call myself a fan of his, and I would not necessarily put them in the same caliber with each other, but just the same Drake who is mega, mega, mega famous. It has been for a lot longer than Kendrick has been, though Kendrick is mega famous now as well. Kind of gave Kendrick his starting away by including him on his Club Paradise tour back in the like kind of mid ought to think it was maybe twenty fifteen, and also included asp Rocky, which he was another star who was very big with this Plant and.
Speaker 1: Doc requires us to point out that Kendrick Lamar literally has a pullet, so.
Speaker 4: He does have a bullet. No slouch, man, this guy. You know, if you listen to Pimpa, Butterfly and then Good Kid, Mad City, like, I mean, the guy's got stuff to say. And I honestly, sometimes when I'm listening to him, it's like reading My Angelou poetry or something like. It's incredibly stirring and moving and it makes me feel away. Drake's you know, it makes me feel a way too, but it's a little more. It's like, oh, this is cute, this is fine. I like that hotline bling or whatever. I like God's Plan, That's a cool track. But point is, Drake gave Kendrick kind of his start, and ever since then there was a brief period where they were kind of copastic, and then you know, literally it's been raging going on, gradually getting worse and worse for about ten years. There have been these like beefs, these kind of snipey back and forth between them that at first were kind of more subtle. We're sort of buried. You'd only know if you were a true hip hop head and you were really digging for this stuff. They get asked about it in the press. Oh was that line meant for Kendrick? Was that line meant for Drake? Et cetera. But something happened, and I could tell you what the timeline is. But there are people that are more qualified to do this. If you look up on YouTube Kendrick versus Drake, there are people that have hour and a half long dissections of the whole history of this stuff, going lyric by lyric, pointing to exactly who was talking about who, when and in what song. I'm not going we're not gonna do that here, but in the last I guess month or so, it's just heated up to the point where now it seems as though the outcome of this could well be somebody getting hurt in to your point, been in Tupac Biggie fashion. It is gotten to the point now where Kendrick and Drake, Kendrick Lamar and Drake are sniping at each other so directly and with such a level of kind of research and like airing of dirty laundry. That's not just the old school hip hop beef style of you know, I've had sex with your girlfriend or whatever, like you're a terrible rapper, you know, whatever you got, no no style, whatever, you're a clowns. It's beyond that. It's like Kendrick Lamar is openly accusing Drake aka or I guess Aubrey Graham aka Drake of having a secret daughter, of being a pedophile. I mean, it's the hook of one of his songs. It says, what does you say? Certified lover boys, certified pedophile And it's one of the most repeatable parts of that song, which by the way, is a stone cold banger and could actually be played in clubs. It is a dancy, fun song and it's intense to what he's actually saying in it. But it's called not like Us, if I'm not mistaken, And on the cover art that he put out on Spotify and all the streamers, it's an aerial shot of Drake's house in Toronto, Canada's compound with these little signs, little graphics that are used to mark sex offenders, where sex offenders live all over the property, like on the roof.
Speaker 1: And this is this if true, would not, for the record, would not be the first time someone successfully punked Drake a little bit. I would draw the president to the earlier pusher t push a t album. Push came out with Story Addon, and if it were not for the intervention of a former guest on our show, Jay Prince, Push would have continued with that beef. So it's like it's a long time coming. I think. No. Also, the I don't want to derail us, but I know the timeline. It's tricky. I think for a lot of people. Uh, the first foray in this would be that that song he did with Future metro boomen on that we don't Trust your album. But even before then, Kendrick Lebar dropped like a god Verse on a song called Control.
Speaker 4: That's the one where he calls out as contemporaries including j Cole, including I think Tyler the creator, including Walle and there were maybe two or three others, but including Drake. And but here's the thing. The funny thing about that is Drake is kind of famously sensitive, and all those other guys that he dropped their names, they all took it and try It's like it's the game, you know, you got to talk, a big game. You gotta talk, you know, have this swagger and but but Drake is his interviewer. He's like, man, I didn't think that was cool thought that was gonna mean. I mean, I'm exaggerating a little bit.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I sounded like a plunk, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did we talk about how this all started?
Speaker 4: Well, that's the thing, though it's not entirely clear, I know. And then the most tell me what you think, because it really is it's along the thing. The song we're talking about was back in twenty eighteen or twenty sixteen, I believe, right been the control.
Speaker 1: They collaborated together, I think first in twenty eleven. But but yeah, what's the what's the.
Speaker 3: Wors I'm looking at the Forbes article that you posted in our in our dock here and they go.
Speaker 4: The most recent timeline. But the reason this is so complex is there are little barbs and things trick you know, kind of trickled, sprinkled throughout the history of these two guys being in the public eye. After they had a kind of a quiet falling out, and then it seemed like for years Drake kept trying to like make nice with Kendrick and then also do little things to kind of piss him off. But Kendrick just seems to be just righteously indignant, and it seems to know something and was gonna be quiet about it, but then Drake couldn't keep his mouth shut. But let's talk about the current timeline, Matt, are you talking about the First Person Shooter?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Drake and j Cole doing a collaboration called First Person Shooter, And according to Forbes, j Cole just says, Hey, the big three at some point in this song, I guess are himself, Drake, and Kendrick Lamar. And that seems like a positive thing to me, I guess, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Kendrick responded when he beat me here, Doc, the big three is just big me, which is very is very hip hop.
Speaker 4: It a million percent. But again, I you know, Kendrick isn't above that. That's part of the game. It's part of like, you know, the way you establish yourself as being the best. If that's truly what you're interested in, you know, that's that's part of it. He clearly is interested in that. But he's also interested in political action. And know again, I really think so much of Kendrick's work is like poetry, you know, and hip hop, and it's its best for him should feel like that, I think in a lot of ways, but I do find it interesting that that is Jake Cole was part of this and that he participated in that. And then he dropped a disc track but then like deleted it because he was like, you know what, y'all can have this. I'm out, this is too much for me.
Speaker 1: I felt icky, basically is what he said. He said it was goofy. And then later leaks would reveal because people often act hard, but we have to understand a lot of them are just kind of gossipy gusses. So word came out of course that he got. He got kind of the equivalent of a school shooter letter that says, hey man, you were always nice to me. Don't go to class tomorrow. And he pulled it out and he said, Jesus, you know, I felt like it was goofy. So shout out to j Cole. It appears he made the right choice. He's a he's a adominal and see Kendrick is a phenomenal mc drake is a quite successful hops and chainer, you know, and j Cole, I like the picture of he's somewhere with his family, you know, he's by a beach, he's got his shoes off, he's listening to Lo fi instrumental beats to study too.
Speaker 4: You've got cucumbers on his eyes. You know, he's living his best life.
Speaker 1: Wait, Doc says he's literally at the beach. A picture dropped on May eighth.
Speaker 4: That's fantastic and you love to see that. And I gotta say, there is part of me that's a little disappointed in Kendrick to kind of get in the mud like this. I always did sort of think of him as sort of like being the bigger man or whatever. But honestly, if what he's saying is true, and these are allegations, obviously we don't want to get sued. We're not saying we know anything, you know, unequivocally about Drake being into little kids or whatever. But like he's dropping these allegations. He's talking too, like that. One of his responses was like directed at one of Drake's sons, like talking directly to him about how your father is trash and he is at war with himself. And it's like deconstructing, like Hannibal Lecter, making the guy on the next cell swallow his own tongue kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Talking to Drake's parents and a million So there's also allegations like okay, without getting into into the discourse here, because I know we're getting to the real life consequences in a second right. The Drake response to these allegations. The primary grievances on both sides are the allegations that Kendrick Lamar because why he assaulted his wife songs like mister Morale or whatever. And then there's also the idea that Kendrick Lamar, we've never met either of these individuals they are The argument is that he is escalating the long standing allegations that the pop star Drake may have been grooming children sliding into DMS, as is the parlance of our day, specifically, I think stranger things.
Speaker 4: Millie, Bobby Brown, there's some unfortunate did not age well, Hella it didn't look good that day. It's bad news where he's I believe in Canada and has a girl up on stage. This is in his early days, and he's kind of, you know, being handsy and fondling her as part of his act sort of, and then he asks old. She says she's seventeen, and he sort of says, damn, like, you look like that and you're seventeen. But then he continues and apparently in Canada the age of consent is seventeen. That's still freaking gross and weird. I think he was like twenty three or something. And he's done a lot of damage to himself. In one of his responses, he kind of outs himself by dropping Millie Bobby Brown's name, when Kendrick never did that, and just saying something to the effect of, I couldn't be a pedophile. I'm too famous for that, and if it was true, I'd already be in jail. Well, we know that's not the case from any number of situations where famous people have carried on for a very long time doing very horrible things. So he's either clueless or I don't know, just it has no sense of how that reads. Is really tone deaf or the.
Speaker 1: Other conspiracy And this is something that was pretty common in forms at the beginning. You know, a lot of rap is just like wrestling, right, it's very k faith.
Speaker 4: So you got to be a heel sometimes, you know, Right.
Speaker 1: So is there any sand in your opinion nol to the idea that this was orchestrated in order to bring hip hop back to prevalence. On say, the billboard charts are in the AA.
Speaker 4: Well, that's an interesting point, ben in speaking of the Billboard charts. You know, when I think of rap beefs of this level, maybe this is sort of a modern rap beef because it's with the age of streaming. This stuff can be made available instantly. But these songs are charting, you know, like in a big way. Kendrick songs specifically. I don't think any of drinks are, but Kendricks are charting. And I believe the one of them, the most recent one, maybe it was Euphoria. He has four, but it got let's see the most. It's the most streamed song by an American hip hop artist in the history of Spotify. It's got I think in a single day. I think it did like seven million streams in a single day. So that's a big deal. But lasting to your question, and then we'll move on to some of the consequences and then and then hit a break. But I was thinking that too. A lot of you know, the folks that are really following this. There were certainly allegations of this was some sort of manufactured beef, but at this point it's gotten so nasty and personal and like this level of specificity and like, I don't know. I don't think it is. I think this is very, very real. And Kendrick Lamar, whether it's a righteous quest on his part, is trying his damnedest to ruin Drake's life, and I think he is largely succeeding because the Internet, by all accounts, has ruled that Kendrick is the winner for the most part. I think in his final disresponse, it almost feels like Drake's waving a white flag a little bit. And there was an attempt on his life at his home in Canada, the aforementioned sprawling compound. One of his bodyguards was severely injured in a drive by shooting, you know. And I believe one of Drake's flagship stores He's got this like brand Ovo, was spray painted with the words He's not like us or not like us. And you know, that's the thing is because Kendrick has always sort of come off as like a an artist of the people, you know, hence the Pulitzer. I guess he's speaking to speaking to an experience that can is relatable in some ways. Drake, on the other hand, has always been a little bit more champagne poppy vibes and like look at my mayback and all that stuff. So I think in calling it not like us, he's calling him out, saying you're a phony, you know, you're you're out of touch, you know, and you're on the level of like compares him to Jeffrey Epstein for Christ's sake. I mean, it's not good. Oh sorry, and that that free I did. I already say that phrase was spray painted. And I just feel like these are the you know, unless Kendrick comes out and says, don't do this, y'all. But it could be like the badger's already out of the bag, right, I don't know, Ben, where do you see this going? Do you see this as? I mean, to me, it feels like it could end in somebody getting hurt real bad.
Speaker 1: But so I also think it is uh, it is successfully distracting a lot of people from chaos abroad.
Speaker 3: Well sure, and Sean Combs, I really wish we knew, Uh, who's that guy we always look to for advice?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, joh rule Man.
Speaker 3: I wish we knew what he had to say.
Speaker 4: One person who we do know what he has to say is I guess friend of the network Questlove Amir Questlove Thompson, who has this to say on his Instagram. Famously outspoken, absolute hip hop head, very very very smart, very thoughtful guy, multiple published books, Oscar winning documentary filmmaker, and incredible musician. He has this to say, Nobody won the war. This wasn't about skill. This was a wrestling match level mud slinging and takedown by any means necessary. Women and children and actual facts be damned. Same audience wanting blood will soon put up rip posts like they weren't part of the problem. Hip hop is truly dead.
Speaker 1: Oh rip post is nice little wordplay from Uncle quest post.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, I think that we give Quest the last word. That's a pretty excellent summation of all of this. And again I'm almost a little disappointed in Kendrick for going there. But if his goal is to expose something that might be even more egregious and despicable than we even know, then maybe that's the choice he had to make, was to get in the mud. You know, I don't know, maybe he's got a worm in his brain. Oh, let's hear about that.
Speaker 6: After a quick break and a word from our sponsor, and we have returned, Doc, could I get a little patriotic music.
Speaker 1: Perfect, My fellow Americans, as you may or may not know, there is an election upon us. There is always an election upon us. Sometimes the choices don't look too great. But what if you may be asking yourself, there was something that appeared to be a different option from the usual false dichotomy of Democrats and Republicans in strides Robert F. Kennedy Junior. That's correct, folks, the child the scion of the RFK of Old who was assassinated by Sir Hans Sirhan, possibly with some intervening variables, one of Mitch, which may have been de Tora. Check out our episode on drugs' weapons. Also check out an interesting interview with Robert F. Kennedy Junior quite recently when he said that he experienced memory loss in brain fog and twenty ten, went to get treatment and was told by doctors that a parasite eight part of his brain, that worm a part of his brain and then died. He's fine, he's still in politics. He's got some controversial views. He's married to Cheryl Hines, who plays Since we always want celebrities at the forefront of real issues. He's he's married to Cheryl Hines, who plays Larry David's ex wife in the amazing show Curb Your Enthusiasm, Ben.
Speaker 4: Does this not strike you as disqualifying type stuff? I mean, I know we've put to bed the whole idea of age limits and stuff, but a worm ate my brain and part okay, and maybe I'm espousing some slightly wacky ideas just seems a little oh boy, that's kind of scary. Well.
Speaker 3: I think we can gain some insight when we know the context around where those claims came from when he made those claims and why.
Speaker 4: I think because.
Speaker 3: They were made during his divorce proceedings and it was a big, messy, expensive divorce that he was going through. And I would argue, and I can't prove this, you guys, that he was attempting to show that his future ability to make money. Like when you're going through divorce, it's often like, well, how much money are you going to make in the future versus how much money you made before? And the way the couple lived together financially, right, I think the brain thing, they're like, oh man, I don't know, I'm not going to be good at any of this stuff anymore because amate my brain was a ploy to basically pay less money to his soon to.
Speaker 1: Be xy, similar to the Alex Jones claims about how eating chili just had some deleterious effects. Yeah, let's jeez. Yeah, Let's go to a New York Times and the Alex Jones cop is actually not not too far off base compared to how RFK Junior is seeing or portrayed in mass media. Let's go to a New York Times article that came from a while ago May eighth, twenty twenty four. This is something that gets brought up a lot. The journalist Suzanne Craig reviewed depositions from that twenty twelve divorce. Matt, thank you for the context there and the title of this New York Times review or the title of this article is. RFK Junior says doctors found a dead worm in his brain. Previously undisclosed health issues that just conveniently disclose themselves when they are helpful. He said, he talked with some of the countries top neurologists, and many of those folks had either treated or spoken to his uncle, Senator Edward Kennedy before that guy died of brain cancer. So here's the issue is this. First off, he is alive, he is in fine health. He is hail and hearty at this point. But the story still brings some questions to people. Now we know that we know that, for instance, acidic worms can prey on any number of organisms or animals. It's actually one thing that's kind of distressing pre hibernation. You can see a lot of bears here in the United States with tapeworms literally trailing out of their butts like parachute cord. Oh yeah, yeah, because bears eat a lot of raw approachure.
Speaker 4: Ben, Is this one of those nematodes like in that story that Matt brought about the woman that had like the ten inch worm extracted out of her brain or what kind of worm are we talking here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this would be according to the guests as people were making this would have been most likely what's called a pork tapeworm larva. The doctors had not who were speaking with The Times, had not treated mister Kennedy. They were therefore speaking in general terms. One person that I really enjoyed reading about in this specific New York Times article doctor Clinton in White, who was a professor of infectious diseases at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston and said, Hey, microscopic tapewormegs are sticky. They can easily transfer from one person to another. Once they're hatched, the larvae can travel throughout the bloodstream and end up in quote all kinds of tissues. However, it is unlikely that a parasite would eat a part of the brain. Unlike tapeworm larvae and the intestines, those in the brain stay pretty small, about a third of an inch, and bad news for some folks. A third of an inch is kind of small.
Speaker 4: Well, that's food for thought. Ben bought for foods. Ben was literally him saying that I had diminished earning power, so I want to pay less child support. Now this is coming back to bite him in the butt. Is this going to have any real world impact on his political aspirations.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting question. Yeah, because around the same time there was also the claim that he suffered from mercury poisoning the souphold hat or disease. Yeah, it just eating too much fish, according to the deposition. That's his Alexyally, yes, yeah, we know that mercury poisoning can lead to neurological disturbances and issues with memory. There's a great summation of this, by the way, in the Hill by the journalist Lawrence Fororza, which also named checks the New York Times article. And so this guy, as he said, Nolan, just can't get a break in the deposition. He said, I have cognitive problems. Clearly, I have short term memory loss. I have a longer term memory loss. It affects me. And that's interesting because we have to ask if this guy should be president, right, if if he should be running a campaign. Now, there's a lot of you know, as we all know, unfortunately, the United States on paper is a meritocracy. In practice it often ends up being dynastic. It ends up being something very close to, unfortunately, an aristocracy, something that would shame the founders of this country to realize. Even the ones, well maybe not the ones wanted George Washington to be the monarch, but they're all dead.
Speaker 4: George Washington always had a bit of a kingly look too, didn't they is.
Speaker 1: Fortunate, to be honest, a little bit, right. That was all propaganda. He was very tall for his age.
Speaker 4: Yeah, clearly their intent was was evidence in the way that he was you know, photographed and then wasn't he also Kennedy one of the people that was calling for Biden to prove that he wasn't like having cognitive decline, like to take some sort of test or something. And now this and respect doesn't make that look particularly fair or you know, reasonable.
Speaker 1: And to be fair, we have not met Robert Kennedy Junior ourselves. He is as of the time in this recording, he is seventy years old. I believe his birth his next birthday will be in twenty twenty five. But he's also been associated with things that would be considered controversial in terms of like he's very anti vaccination for COVID perhaps in general.
Speaker 4: Proposed to have vaccination for brain worms.
Speaker 1: Well he's against it. That guy eats pork brains and eggs every morning. I'm kidding, but that is just so you know, folks, if you're not from the US, that is a thing people eat, especially in the Southeast right now.
Speaker 4: My parents were into it. My Grandpapa would make it, called it brains and eggs, and I had it a couple of times and it ain't bad. It's good, yeah, but it doesn't have what's it called prions. It can have these parasites if it's not treated correctly. There you go.
Speaker 1: And for people who believe that there are dangerous or hidden her conspiratorial effects of COVID nineteen vaccination rollouts, he is considered one of the leading sort of faces of that argument. He's also linked. He's also one of the people will link vaccines and existence on the autism spectrum. He is also speaking of rap beef. This is like old guy rap beef. He's taking shots at Joe Biden, Bill Gates, everybody's favorite Anthony Fauci, which is just such a ridiculous name to say, and it rhymes with everything, which is why I Founducauci. He shows up at a lot of hip hop. But with this again we have to ask two great points there are raised here which are perhaps can tradictory. One the idea of motivation for making these claims. We're not saying the guy is lying, you know, and we do know that people do get parasites in their brain. But I really appreciate the points we've raised here too about what's it called ability to serve. That's the thing that happens whenever you run for totus. Mainly right though, I assume without verifying it, and I assume without verified that a lot of members of Congress are also required to, you know, have a physical We've seen some members of Congress who probably should have retired before they did. Going to our palse Scooch's earlier point about maybe an age limit on serving, I don't know, what do you guys think? Do you guys think this was fully just a ploy in that deposition, like the way someone would like I mentioned in previous thing, the way someone will show up with glasses or maybe a neck brace during a court case. Do you think make it better?
Speaker 4: They won't release the medical records, right, that's a big part of it too, Like they're refusing and if I'm not mistaken, His campaign's response was that he picked it up in Africa or South America or Asia whilst doing humanitarian aid work, and he says something like the issue was resolved more than ten years ago and he is in robust physical and mental health. I don't know, can you come back from having a worm eat part of your brain? Feels like it would change you, you know, I don't feel like your brain it would grow back. I think it would be a market change in your personality depending on the severity of it. I don't know. Again, I'm no brain surgeon.
Speaker 1: But we do no brain surgeons, and several doctors who have treated parasitic infections have said that this can, to your point, permanently damage brain function, but you can also have temporary symptoms and mount to a quote Mountai full recovery. Same might apply to mercury poisoning too. I suppose, just amid us non brain surgeons here, I suppose it may be linked to the degree of the infection or the severity and length of time of exposure.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know, he also got on a phone interview with The Times, and it was right around the time he is getting on the time he was getting on his first state ballot, so his campaign declined to answer any follow up questions regarding this. Obviously, we're not disparaging someone. If you have a real health condition, we see a medical professional. He's I just don't know. I mean, honestly, the US political system is so obviously rigged and the result of such a conspiracy at this point that a third party candidate already a collapse of the current regime is just a non starter. I mean, what do you guys think, do you think there there's a possibility of a real, viable third party candidate in a presidential election?
Speaker 3: Hell no, I was gonna say, I was gonna say, I hope.
Speaker 4: I would love to believe that, but it just I mean, you know what, Okay, Matt, to your point, almost logic would dictate that now more than ever, given the two choices we have are both pretty terrible.
Speaker 1: No, for real? Yeah right, so you're no, I'm just laughated down board than ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, Well, and I'm fully torn on this guy. I was in a clubhouse room one time when he came in to talk a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: And he's a great speaker.
Speaker 3: He man, if he was up at a podium being president, I would listen genuinely because those Kennedy's presidential for sure, I'm telling you, I kind of forgot, like what is a president? Sound like, oh wait, that's it? Oh man, wow. But then you know, you listen to some of the content of what we're talking about, or what he's talking about, and you go, oh, dear, uh maybe okay, I don't know, man.
Speaker 4: Maybe.
Speaker 1: It's one of those It's one of those things about also just with full objectivity. It's one of those things we always have to envy about the stridently incorrect. It's just the confidence, like starting off with an if that makes a lot of sense, all right, yeah, yeah, yeah, this guy's great, and then they get yeah, and then they get to it then and you're like, I suppose so, I suppose that part's true as well.
Speaker 5: And then they get to that because so, and they add now as a result, and by the end of it, if you're not very careful, it's kind of like swimming out from the shore and not realizing how the current can drag you by water.
Speaker 4: If there aren't too many clicks or steps between those different things, you might get sucked in the undertow because you're like, oh yeah, sure, okay. And if you want to believe and you like the person, also easier. The cult of personality is a very real thing, and it can it's very attractive, especially you know, Matt, you got I haven't even thought about this. Why isn't there a viable third party really swooping in right now? Given what would feel to me like an opportunity.
Speaker 1: This system does not allow for it.
Speaker 4: I think I think that's what it is. It's set up to fail. It's not built for.
Speaker 3: It because money and guns exist.
Speaker 4: I'm just shoking. Oh, but no, you're not wrong, But I think it's case in points.
Speaker 3: Speaking of culture personality, I heard there's a pretty famous US representative from South Carolina that is really into RFK Junior. Ben, there's some some guy Francis Underwood. Is that his name?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I see, yeah, yeah, that's the that maybe the redeeming factor. And I'm glad you brought that up, Matt. For people who are on the fence about Robert Kennedy Junior, if the if the slick politics don't convince you that maybe you need someone who's even more of a professional orator. Kevin Spacey, you know him. You may have loved Usual Suspects parts of the House of Cards. You know he's Ryan Singer directed Usual Suspects. Well, Kevin Spacey has endorsed his quote loyal friend, Robert F. Kennedy Junior in the upcoming presidential elections, So maybe that will be the path of the who asked.
Speaker 4: For this, Kevin Spacey, who was clamoring for ke What does Kevin think about this, y'all, because.
Speaker 1: He's clearly Kevin to get out of some situations.
Speaker 4: He's got a movie coming out that was slammed and it doesn't it didn't look very good.
Speaker 1: Oh there's another movie coming out, it's a documentary, and I don't think he's happy.
Speaker 4: I bet he's not. Oh no, he's that. That's another example of like exposing systematic bad behavior and you can't just bolster your way out of it, y'all. I'm sorry, I'm just you know, I don't know if this is what's happening with Drake, but it feels like it could. Feels like it could be a lid getting blown off kind of situation.
Speaker 1: Well, as a Canadian national, Aubrey does not have the possibility of becoming president of the United States. Very good point, R FK. Junior in theory does I would love to hear more about the viability of third party candidates. Please check out our earlier episodes regarding things like how candidates are chosen, how the party machines Democratic and Republican alike actually operate. Check out our cool YouTube videos about it. We didn't have time to get to another story, but we're going to leave you with one message. Folks. We know that as you're hearing this Mother's Day has just occurred here in the US, and it can be a lonely time for a lot of people. But we're glad you're here and we've got your back. We want to hear your thoughts. We have more strange news, we have more messages for you, we have deep dives into some strange and disturbing things, and we can't wait for you to be part of the journey. Bind us online.
Speaker 4: If she's around, give your mam a hug, give her a call, just just let her know you care. And if you haven't talked to her in a while, maybe it's time. I don't know, just saying I'm not trying to soapbox here. It's just I don't know, Ben about you, but like I thought about, oh it's my Mother's Day. I to tell my mom. Oh wait, it sucks. So anyone that has the luxury of having a mom around to say Happy Mother's Day, say or or send hers some love.
Speaker 1: Do something your mom would like if you can't talk to her, do something you would have such a good.
Speaker 4: Point, Ben, thank you, No, I appreciate you mentioning that it was something that was on my mind. But yeah, please let us know any and all of these things that ben You can hit us up on the Internet where we are the handle conspiracy stuff on x FKA, Twitter, on YouTube, and on Facebook. You can find this on Instagram and TikTok a conspiracy stuff show.
Speaker 3: You can call our number one eight three three st d WYTK. When you call in, give yourself a cool nickname and let us know if we can use your name and message on the air. If you got more to say, thing can fit in that one voicemail message one out Instead, send us a good old fashioned email.
Speaker 1: We are the folks who read every single email we get. Thank you for sending them. We are conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 3: Stuff they Don't want you to Know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.