Speaker 1: Please help me understand what they're trying to say here. This research indicates that gen Z and millennials plan to celebrate celebrate Halloween by dressing up and planning for the holiday about six point eight weeks beforehand. Well, six point eight weeks from Memorial Day is the fourth of July, so you still have plenty of time to latch onto a pop culture trend and turn it into a creative costume. Are they saying that we're dressing you.
Speaker 2: Know, you're going to be giving the equivalent of congressional testimony about a food. Ai Honk and Eminem's article.
Speaker 1: Have any of you heard of a person who who dresses up in six point eight weeks beforehand?
Speaker 3: Well, we do like to dress up in New Orleans, So people are planning their Marti Gras costumes for next year. For sure.
Speaker 1: That is so much more like relevant though than like Halloween. I feel like to the region, you know which, I totally get that this.
Speaker 2: They just had a product launch, they needed a product launch. They came up with this and then backed into the thing, yeah with.
Speaker 1: Some yeah, yeah, alright, Well I'm glad.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Miles, we've like I've almost lost miles to this press release. He's like not, I don't think he's coming back. You guys, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three forty one, Episode two of Daly's I Guys production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dab into America share consciousness. And it is Tuesday, June fourth, twenty twenty four. Six times four equals twenty four little back of the let me just say brilliant.
Speaker 1: And you know we had a savant on our hands.
Speaker 2: Well I didn't even pronounce math correctly. That's what a math savona I am?
Speaker 1: What did you call it?
Speaker 2: I caught a back of the envelope map.
Speaker 3: Oh it's still impressed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well guess what June fourth, it's National Hug your Cat Day. I will definitely hug both of my cats. It's also National Cheese Day, National Konyak Day, and also a National Old Maid's Day. Feels I'm wondering how regressive this is. Oh, it's just about recognize ladies out there who never marry and remain childless. This is who put regressive. Holy shit.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow is gonna be National gap Day with those two food ones. Yeah, apparently in nineteen forty eight, Marion Richards of Jefferson Jeffersonville, Pennsylvania held the first Old Maid's Day gathering. Okay, wow, at least.
Speaker 3: She's celebrating, no owning it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We're amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay it is well for you, got your holidays, enjoy where appropriate going.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, my name is Jack O'Brien aka lift nodes more like lymph Yes, uh, that is courtesy the Andrew bubb in reference to the fact that I was admiring Miles's plumped up Yeah, exactly, fighting infection. Those things were popping, fighting, fighting a cold. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Grast. Miles Gray.
Speaker 1: Guess what these lyph nodes are popping? Aka? I have some nasty noes, nasty. I have some nasty nose, nasty. I have some nasty nose nasty. Shout out to nache Wow track Song of the Summer nasty Uh, shout out the best shout nest.
Speaker 2: Quake on.
Speaker 1: Miss Quike. Yeah right, shout out everybody down there in os uh for that one. Shout up to the Tanase track. What they were saying, Jack needs to be in the background, like whining like in all the meme videos. Have you seen that video? No, Jack, I gotta send it to you. Yeah, okay, if I could, if you hit some of these days, allow my assignment. Okay, m First, I'll send you the requisite material to study the choreography, and then we'll get back and we'll see if we can put something worth it.
Speaker 2: Well, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by the host of the fascinating podcast Sea Change, which is produced by New Orleans and Batmanos Public Radio. Please welcome to the show, Carlisle Calhoun and Hallie Parker.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Welcome you, thank you, happy to be here.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for having us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, it's nice to have people who are doing really good investigative podcasting, unlike us who are subjecting you guys to trying to figure out a food and wine.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, two peers in the world of just doing important podcasting, groundbreaking podcasting. It's it's great to be in the same room with some people who I can just let my hair down and be like, I'm with my people. We both get you know, we both we both get it and are breaking new ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm loving it in the space that you all are providing here. So thank you. Well, I'm already thoroughly entertained.
Speaker 1: Oh thank You're too kind, You're too kind. I don't know if our names will ever be listed or mentioned by anything with the word pullets are in front of it.
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 1: We are.
Speaker 2: We are definitively associated with anything to do with the pulletzers. They were like, we just wanted They issued a statement just making sure that everybody with just for no purpose, Yeah, just to just to be clear. We have nothing to do with that show.
Speaker 5: F y.
Speaker 2: I nobody suggested we did, but we.
Speaker 1: Just want to get we'll get ahead of it, get ahead of any misunderstandings for sure. For sure.
Speaker 2: You guys are both in New Orleans.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, we're both based in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: How is New Orleans right now? This time? Here? Steamy so put in a charming way, Yeah, drenched in history.
Speaker 1: That grown from holly kind of I said a lot for me.
Speaker 4: It's the time of year where it's just air conditioning all day. You get to see the sun outside. You want to touch it, but you know you'll get burned.
Speaker 3: It's it's like the inverse of everywhere else, Like the rest of the year. Everybody like looks at our zoom backgrounds and they're like, where are you God, that looks amazing, Oh, New Orleans in this summertime, it's just us being like everybody else is like yay summer, and.
Speaker 2: We're like, yeah, just the deafening sound of insects, like drowning in heat.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, the muggy or the place. I feel like, the less enthusiasm from people who have to go through it every year. They're like, Na, that's fine. I mean I have to bring seven pairs of seven outfits with me just to go outside for ten minutes exactly. Yeah, I know that. I know that.
Speaker 2: Plate air conditioning huh what a what an innovation.
Speaker 4: To get the one in my car? Fick, it's been a year, guys. Oh, it's crazy being a newars.
Speaker 3: That is not okay. That is not okay.
Speaker 2: So are you just like driving eighty down in a thirty five just to get the wind airflow, to.
Speaker 4: Feel a breeze and also feel some life. Yeah, you just.
Speaker 2: Feel a lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When I had I had an all black car that did not have air conditioning in the dry desert heat of Los Angeles, and when I was in that phase in the summer, I had no joke. I would have a driving shirt I would wear because like, when I get to my destination, I cannot look respectable stepping out of the vehicle like this that I had. I had him on deck.
Speaker 4: But that's actually genius. I mean, ideally I'll get my act together and just get my but it's not. I can make sure an outfit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're great innovation.
Speaker 1: The way my problem solving works is especially at that time, like is it gonna cost money? And I'm like, well, what's the other thing I can do?
Speaker 2: You know? Money? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Under shirts?
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, Oh man, the stay that would have grown out of that thing.
Speaker 1: Podcast about another existential threat to humanity scientifically.
Speaker 2: Right, All right, Well, we're going to get to know you guys a little bit better and talk about sea change. But first we do like to get to know our guests a little bit better by asking them what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are? Hallie, do you want to start us off?
Speaker 4: Oh man, I was taking a look at my search history this morning, and all it reveals is that I work way too much.
Speaker 1: So what shows up? What are the terms that give.
Speaker 4: Us that I was looking up. I don't know if you guys know LSU, right, yeah, familiar. So we're actually working on a piece about LSU right now. We're looking into some history, some archivists. So that was what my search history was all about.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Man Halle, we're such nerds. I have something fun to share. I am looking at my search history shows Well, we're my husband and AMERICAN'SONRNY buying a house in New Orleans. So I've been looking at flood maps. Oh yeah, the show the elevation across the city. And also because I'm working on an insurance episode, so I'm looking at the elevation maps of all of southern Louisiana, which are not very high. You don't see very big numbers of elevation across southern Louisiana. So that is that is what my my search history is, just a bunch of flood maps.
Speaker 1: Right. Is there like a section where the wealthy have identified as their bastion of safety, like how they have in Miami And they're like, well, look, was it like Liberty City.
Speaker 2: I feel like in the housing complex from Moonlight is like one of the higher grounds in Miami, and things have changed in terms of who's investing there and how people are treating that property.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean totally that the high ground, like the highest ground is by the levees, so there are like the wealthier neighborhoods are generally like the higher ground. Wow, same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: There was even like after a Hurricane Katrina, there was this program called the green Dot program, and it was like areas where there had been really intense flooding. Whoever was making plans for post Katrina put like a green dot over it, and it was supposed to kind of be like nobody could rebuild there because it was below sea level. But then you know, people fought back like, hey, you can't tell me I can't live where I'm from, And so that didn't didn't happen. But it's it is wild how much elevation is now like changing where people are living.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, Wow, that's wild. You've already rubb in their midst for that. That's the wild part too. You know, obviously we're going to be talking about climate and things like that, but people have the like logical intellectual understanding that it's like, well, where I am is not going to be good, so therefore I should go here where I know it will be good. Now willing to divest from this kind of thinking or you know, investing.
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah, no. And also just affordability plays into it because I think that, you know, people are doing their research and so it's going to be more competitive to be in the places that aren't underground or you know, right next to like a bunch of tinder in the case of California.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but are.
Speaker 3: Those good places going to get so expensive.
Speaker 2: That yeah exactly, yeah, absolutely, yeah, and then just being next to one of the bad places might have you disqualified from being insured. As you know, there's entire zip codes that are basically getting decued, which is difficult. So is the LSU story related to climate change?
Speaker 1: Is it is?
Speaker 2: Okay, we won't we won't try and scoop it. I'm just like, I know LSU from sport from Shack and Jill essentially an angel Rey. Yeah, yeah, exactly, Yes.
Speaker 4: The normal things people associate l SU with. We're looking more at the environmentally.
Speaker 7: Oh we like that, yeah, investigation state, yes, interesting, see Jack, we got to do stuff like you didn't put on notice shack.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: Do you think that the Pulitzer Center will help us with the podcast?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm just connecting. I'm saying here a little bit this food and wine article, I don't know how to comprehend the data and what is being said there.
Speaker 1: I think a Pulitzer Center dot org holler at us too. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You're asking question.
Speaker 3: Y'all are connecting though, y'all are connecting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what.
Speaker 2: Is something you guys think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Well I'll since hell he had to go first on the other one, I'll go first.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I was I had like a serious answer and less serious answer. So I was going to say, my serious answer is journalism, because we all know people are losing their jobs left and right, and the business that democracy depends on is struggling. But I'll go with the less serious answer and say, you know, when you get your haircut and they give you like the head massage while they're washing your hair, and it's like, that's really why I'm there. Sure I need a haircut, but like I'm really there for that head massage, and I want to know beforehand is the person. Is a hairstyle, is a good head massage? Are they going to like just go too short? Are they going to give me the temple rub? And they're like, I want to know, And I think that should be I think it's underrated. I think it should be discussed more.
Speaker 2: I have stayed with hairstylists based on an initial head rub that never came again, like just based on I'm like, oh, but you know they know what they're doing. I'm like, wasted all you, I've got you, You're hooked. Yeah, And I have never heard of journalism, so I don't know what that one's about.
Speaker 1: But this one, the haircut thing, how you Floyd's barber shop. They were a little mechanized glove. I remember back when I had hair to get cut there. I remember like there was like a massage power glove sometimes the hairstylists would wear. But to your point, Jack, there was this Japanese dude named Peter. I would go to the way. He would get my shoulders like I had never had. I had never been touched like this with such instant relief in my life that I was like, is can I just pay for that part? Because I don't care about the hair, get.
Speaker 3: The shoulders in and had this.
Speaker 1: Like technique where he would have his hands like this, like with his fingers separated and then like chopped down so you get this like clack clock cluck cluck.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, I'm with that, And hairstylists, y'all should be charging extra for that because guess what we'll pay for it, those of us with hair Yeah, yeah, true.
Speaker 3: They had like an extra if you could like click the like ten to twenty minute, like do you want to pay.
Speaker 1: More for like yeah, yeah, yeah for sure. Yeah, I'm like, let's just skip the haircut. Like do people ever go? Do people indulge themselves and just go get their hair washed and then leave?
Speaker 3: I mean I feel like my grandmother did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that was kind of a common thing.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think we're all like people who run cuddle parties will tell you that we're all like touchstars in our modern world where we like don't really see each other that often in person, that like there is a market for just like going and you know, making physical contact with another human being. So and I definitely feel that when I'm getting a haircut. Oh right, God, this.
Speaker 1: Is like I love you, They're like, what the sides?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely, hally, how about you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I feel like this is starting to get more respect, But I really feel like more adults without children should have kiddie pools, so.
Speaker 1: Like a little inflatable one.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, a little inflatable one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was speaking about that recently, Hallie. Maybe this is a new orleance thing. But I saw like a photograph somewhere of adults and a kitty pool, and I was like, speaking of like the cheap the cheap fix. Well, I can't put a pool in right, Yeah, I can go to Walmart.
Speaker 4: And get.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: No, I'm about to adopt a little pit bull and I'm so excited to get a kittie pool and just swim around in there with her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what kind of like a red nose, a blue nolt kind of pit mix mix? Okay, everything's a pit I feel like, is that is that how it is in like Louisiana too, Like so many Southern California dogs are just by default pit mixes, basically.
Speaker 4: I don't know, that's a good question. There's definitely a few at are at the rescue shell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, positive, Yeah, there's a lot of rescue pits around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree the brain ending that comes with those pools, like labeling them kiddie pools, like they could just as easily be foot soaken pools. You know. Yeah, a body cooler.
Speaker 4: We need to change the narrative about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think body cooler off the body, yeah, body Maybe the little too serial killer ish to be like.
Speaker 1: Hey, you guys, got.
Speaker 2: What you mean? Freezer in my garage? That's what I meant, like a like a corygated steel, like just forget the thing I said.
Speaker 4: Hopefully that would have camped in the focus groups, you.
Speaker 2: Know, right, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: As a kid, I always wanted I wanted an El Camino so bad because I thought that the back of El Caminos was a pool that like I saw people sitting in the back of them, and I'm like, in my kid brain, I'm like, I would put a pool back there. I bet there's pools in the back of Caino.
Speaker 2: Somebody has to have done that, right, Yeah, people do that in pickup trucks too.
Speaker 1: I've seen that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just.
Speaker 3: I feel like I saw that on Shark Tank maybe and I was like, see, yeah, that's an idea.
Speaker 2: As a pool rolls in it rolls in sharks, and he's like in a pool. In the back of.
Speaker 1: This is seventy three El Camino, and it's also a pool. I'm looking for a five hundred thousand dollars investment for ten percent equity in the company I'm in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's why I am not a shark. Yeah, among many other reasons. What is something hally that you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: You know, weirdly, even though I'm advocating for adult pitty pools, Like we were just talking about summer's overrated to me right now, don't need it? Just give us spring New Orleans all year round?
Speaker 1: Is that the best time of year?
Speaker 4: I'd say, so, yeah, what do you think, Carly?
Speaker 3: Anytime, but summer is the best time. But spring, like festivals, it's fun, falls, beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was in the.
Speaker 3: Time of summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, it was really nice, really nice. And I kind of did that thing where just by chance, like I was walking through like the French Quarter and there was like one of those ghosts tour. You know, there's so many like tours like these are all the ghosts of the French Quart or whatever, and like inadvertently we were walking the same path, like we're kind of taking the same walk, so, you know, past I didn't want to feel like I was getting free information, but every time I turned around, the group was there, and I had to be like, well, hold on, what's what happened here?
Speaker 4: I've always wondered how easy it would be to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, tour is good enough like that, that's that's an occupational hazard. You're gonna be pulling people in like flame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that the best tour to take? Because I feel like that is one of the most I feel like so many tourists go there like you gotta see like all the spooky shit New Orleans, Like that's really what it's about. I'm like, I think there's a lot of other stuff happening too, but yeah, go ahead, it's so spooky. Maybe I was there in the fall too, so it was that six point eight week going on with the Halloween.
Speaker 3: Halloween come and start coming back. There is a lot of spooky stuff, but I would I would say that there's there is more to New Orleans than the spooky ghosts, but like it's a good tour, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Especially when you think about where the spookiness comes from like it's all like tortured slaves and it's like, oh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I guess want still drink kind of coming back to it was like, oh, like so okay, you know what, I'm going to go to Preservation Hall because that's more of my father there.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm with you there, I'm with you, Carl.
Speaker 2: What about you? What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna make so many enemies here, but I'm gonna have to say brunch brunch to me is overrated because I'm hungry when I wake up and I'm like, I gotta go to brunch. I can't eat now, I won't be hungry for brunch. Then if I managed to make it till brunch, brunch is great, all good, then I'm hungry, like middle afternoon? What am I doing? Then it's like Lenner like all of a sudden, my old days, like yeah, between.
Speaker 2: Meals, two meal day, what's going on? Yes?
Speaker 3: And I'm not good with that. I was like feel like I was promised three meals, you know, and so now I'm getting two. And then restaurants charge more because they're like it's brunch, and I'm like you're doing. It's the same thing I got yesterday.
Speaker 1: No, these scrambled eggs are fourteen dollars.
Speaker 3: If you want to if you want to, say, like let's go out and like drink while we're eating, Like I'm down with that, just like you know, you.
Speaker 2: Want to have a scott.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's just scumbag break breakfast at Denny's. We're gonna drink some Soco in the parking lot and then you'll have a Moon's over my Hammi at Denny's.
Speaker 2: And then it's still expensive. We put a unch in there instead of eckfast, So yeah, you gotta pay us.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, sorry brunch people.
Speaker 2: No, but it is true. It is that that. It's that psychological.
Speaker 1: It's that transitional space where you wake up and you're like, I need eat breakfast, and then you're like, but I also have to go to an overpriced brunch in like two hours or something. So what do What am I to do? Because I'm not gonna yeah, yeah, well you know what to do? Yeah, I guess I'll just guess I'll just nibble on one piece of plane toast, no butter, eating my eating the heel of the loaf.
Speaker 2: Just yet, all right, well, we're going to take a quick break and then we're going to come back and we are going to talk about sea change.
Speaker 8: We will be right back and we are back. We are back, and we are back.
Speaker 1: We are and we're back.
Speaker 2: Hallie, Carlisle, Carlisle or Carly, what do you prefer?
Speaker 3: Well on on sea change? I'm Carlisle, but my friends call me Carly, So please car Carly's great.
Speaker 1: Are we are? We are we familiar? Oh?
Speaker 3: We we're on Carly terms all right.
Speaker 4: Carly.
Speaker 2: Familias. I like that you broke it and like New Orleans prenology amazing. So your show is based out in New Orleans, and I've heard you as mentioned that like living on a coast, and particularly the coast of Louisiana is kind of the front lines of global heating. And so I just wanted to he guys talk about kind of what you see there that we might not be seeing elsewhere right now, but might be a preview of like where we're headed.
Speaker 4: Oh, such a great question. I mean, when I was thinking about this, what really stuck out in my mind. I was here twenty twenty one Hurricane Ida came through, and that was a storm that strengthened really fast, rapidly intensified as we say, and then after it blew through, it wasn't really like a rainstorm. It was more of like a windstorm. It caused kind of damage, especially closer to the coast.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 4: I think we're out and out of power near the coast for over three months for some people that were really far down there. Yeah, it was crazy. But then not only that we got by a hurricane, but then immediately after that hurricane goes through, we then get hit by a giant heat wave, and so people don't have power. It's I didn't have power for a week, and I couldn't sleep because there was just this extreme heat going on. And so for me, that's like the picture of what climate change means and what we're facing. It's one hazard after the other, you know, having to deal with all of these different problems all at once.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I mean that's just to just to keep like the cheerfulness of what's coming for us all going that the other thing.
Speaker 4: Is a worst case scenario.
Speaker 3: Yet, I mean, seas are rising across the South and across the Gulf faster than almost anywhere else in the world. So already, so many people are having to move from from where their families are, from where they live in South Louisiana, and like across the southeast coast, you're starting to see that too, with like more sunny day flooding and just like the seas are rising, and it means houses on the outer banks in North Carolina are falling into the ocean, and it means that people have who have lived for generations in Southern Louisiana are having to think or already having to move. And it's pretty intense. And that is like that is around the world. Seas are rising, So it is definitely something that's going to change like what our coastlines look like and where people can live, I think, pretty like faster than we're planning for.
Speaker 2: For sure, right yeah, right, It's one of those things that is already happening. But we it feels like the mainstream kind of consciousness, like that's kind of what we chart on our show, And it feels like people have a fairly easy time blocking out when it's happening to other people as long as it's not happening to them or possibly like to their neighbor, than.
Speaker 1: They're such a shame. What's happening there. Yeah, like that's sort of the level of Earth. And yeah, I mean, I'm really I mean I think about just the what the NOAA was saying about this season's hurricane season and how they're like, this could be one of the worst ones we've seen in a long time in terms of like the some like potentially twenty eight named storm systems in this season and that's a huge uptick. And the other part that was really to your point about these sort of like compounding natural disaster events, is like FEMA and other disaster relief agencies can only handle so much that if you have like storm after storm and then God forbid another thing over in this part, supply chains get strained, and we truly are looking at a thing where like they'll be like, there's there's literally so much going on, we can actually not really do anything right now. We're spread so thin. And I think that's another real dimension of like sort of like the bureaucratic part of it too, that you I think people always presume they're like, no, they're there, they'll be okay, they'll be ready for this, where even for the experts who deal with this or saying this, like we're trying to figure out how we can even like simulate how we wrap our heads around multiple storms hitting multiple places with you know, the kinds of devastation that require our assistance. And yeah, it is definitely we are going to begin really seeing it in a way that we're going to be even harder to deny. I mean, I think people who live in these areas already see it, but yeah, we're definitely the messages are there that we need to do something about it, which is why liquid natural gas kind of comes into it. And the whole impetus for this is to talk about the expansion of liquid natural gas or I guess we shouldn't even that's like eupham, that's like a euphemistic term.
Speaker 2: I mean it's natural. So I feel like we're good here, Like yeah, yeah, natural right. I do like worked on me, like when they first were like, well, guys, we're like moving over to natural gas, and oh that shit is natural.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we see it on our buses and like Los Angeles, Y're like, oh, all, like either it's CNG or LNG and you're like, don't worry, this is this is cleaner now because it's operating that and you have these like subtle messages around you that reinforce the sort of like non threatening nature of this of natural gas. But yeah, what what is it? What should we be first of all, what should we be calling it so we can use the right terminology when we sort of think about when we get all these stories hitting us, like what should we be calling like liquid natural gas if you want to honor what it actually is.
Speaker 3: It's something Hallie and I talked about a lot as we were writing this series, because everybody knows it is natural gas. So like us all of a sudden just using another term, people be like, what are you talking about? I'm already first of all, you're already trying to tell me about liquified natural gas. Now you're now you're talking about some other term I've never heard about, right, So, I mean, we did call it natural gas in our in our series because that's what we all know it as. But I mean a lot of experts are saying we should be calling it methane gas or fracked gas because we get it from fracking, which explains yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Fraggy juice.
Speaker 3: But it's mostly it's mostly methane. Natural gas is mostly made up of methane, which is like, in the short term, way worse for our climate than carbon dioxide. So we've all been like talking about, you know, carbon emissions in this kind of thing, which is like really a serious issue, we should be concerned about that, But methane in the short term, it's like I had a scientist described it to me as like carbon dioxide is like wrapping the world in a blanket. Methane is like wrapping the world in eighty blankets. Like it's eighty times more potent at heating up our climate in the near term.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: So when at least it's bad.
Speaker 2: You know, I thought it was good, like eighty percent, Like if you had told me, guys, it's only eighty percent is bad, I would have been like, damn, like they lied to us. But eighty times worse is yeah, so wild that I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: What are sort of the benefits that have Like when you see a municipality be like we're going to change our entire bus suite to LNG or whatever, what what for them? When they're like it's better, what's like the very tenuous data or argument they're holding on to to be able to say that out loud in public and not get laughed at.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, like very simply, methane does burn cleaner than like regular gas clean or something like that. But that's only when it's burnt, like when it's actually being burnt by those buses, that it is cleaner. But the whole life cycle, you know, happen to get it up out of the ground, all of the gas that goes out, transporting it, all of those different pieces. Yeah, you add that all up, and it's not yet the leaks.
Speaker 1: Right, it's not good.
Speaker 2: You know. We hear from climate scientists like that. There's been a number of like reports where they're like, guys, it's going going hotter faster than we expected in our some of our worst case projections. But I've not heard it connected to liquid natural gas until your show that, Like that's one of the theories as to how we're we're getting there, how it's getting so much hotter, so much faster. So that's just I wanted to make sure that we made that connection too right.
Speaker 1: And what kind of kicked off the LNG boom, like is was it like a green washing thing where the emphasis on oil created like a lane for like LNG to move in the shadows because everyone's so focused on oil, or was there like a pr moment where proponents were like, Okay, we can claim that this gas is different, let's do that. What sort of like what what were the what were the building blocks to kind of get us to this point. Now we're like, y'all, we are absolutely destroying our planet like that one of the worst ways possible, and we're barely even talking about that dimension of it.
Speaker 3: I mean, what really kicked this off was like, don't remember the fracking boom, Like it was really took off like under Obama's time, where like the technology for fracking got so good that all of a sudden, these oil and gas companies like out in West Texas and New Mexico and like the areas where there has been a ton of fracking, like they got so good at it that there was a surplus right of all this natural gas and they're like, okay, we can only sell so much of it domestically, where are we going to sell all this stuff? And we went at that time like there were the first correct me if I'm wrong on this alley, but I think the first LNG terminal on the on the Gulf Coast was for bringing it was for importing LNG because at that point we didn't have that much. And then it goes, you know, in a few years and went from that import terminal becoming an export terminal, and then all of these plans for all of these this rollout of the like this huge expansion of LNG export terminals because we've just have that much natural gas that you know, the industry is like, well, let's sell it, let's lipify it, ship it everywhere else and sell it overseas. Yeah, and we know that natural gas well mm hmm. I was about to saying, we know natural gas is cleaner than coal, but you know, again that's like a big question mark. Not necessarily, but that was at least the argument that was grasped by the pr agencies, by the oil and gas industries that they promoted that gas is cleaner, right, Gas is the cleanest fossil fuel. And so when you make people think that, they're like, oh, aren't we already doing the cleanest that we can do?
Speaker 1: You know, right? Right? And would I be correct in assuming that when Republicans and some Democrats tout the benefits of LNG expansion, like new jobs, increased revenues for the community. The opposite is happening, is that is that?
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 1: I mean, like it sounds like locals are not benefiting and the environment is absolutely taking an absolute kick in the teeth because of it. But I don't know, maybe there's maybe these people that live in these areas are shareholders because those people seem to be getting value. So maybe the a lot of the shareholders for these companies live along in the Golf coast or this is all just pr spin.
Speaker 3: That's a really good question. I think like they're for sure supporters on the ground in these communities because there are some jobs the whole Like you know, how many jobs are construction jobs so around just during the construction, and then how many are permanent and how many jobs are actually in are the people in the community getting those jobs? Like all of that, it gets a little more nebulous of like how many jobs are really how many good jobs are really? You know, is are these new export terminals providing? But like on the other side of it, for sure, the impacts of the environment are crazy. I mean, the amount of pollution that these communities are having to live with are pretty extreme. So like yes, there are some benefits, but do they outweigh the other and then also out where so these are getting right yeah, and then a lot of these companies are getting massive tax breaks as well, so how much money is coming to these communities. So there are a lot of questions like that.
Speaker 1: But the share but the shareholders, right, they are winning. The shareholders are winning.
Speaker 3: Shareholders are doing gang bus.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh thank god, Okay, I was worried. I told you, Jack, they seemed to stay winning. It turns out shareholders yeah, yeah, and yeah, I I like there there's a recent I forget which episode it was, but just talking talking about how as long as it remains business as usual, they're going to keep finding ways to do this. Like the natural gas starts as this like buzz term that's like this is the future of energy and like it's cleaner and it's a bridge fuel to like a cleaner tomorrow. And then it becomes ensconced and like you know, the second that something is making money, it becomes more powerful. And it brings me back to this, Like I remember an article in the Wall Street Journal, all those talking about how DEI and like environmental justice initiatives like were like they were, like, you know, these once had momentum, but now they're a bad word on Wall Street because they've been like determined to be less profitable. And it just it feels like the way the system is set up, like you really can't use the logic the internal mechanisms of like hypercapitalism to fix this. It feels like it has to take into account that they are going to find a way to keep things the way they're going for as long as possible, Like they're going to go down kicking and screaming. But I don't know what, like does does that seem true to you? Do you? Like you guys do a good job of highlighting things that make you hopeful? Are there examples that kind of contradict that of where people you know, where BP is like investing in clean energy in the future or something, you know, like what just how do you guys think about that big question? Jack? I know, like the role Yeah, just like specifically the ability of like entrenched power to ever be like part of the solution.
Speaker 4: I feel like, and Carly, I'm so curious about what you think here too, Like you know, I don't I'm not sure if you guys are familiar or if your listeners are familiar with the IPCC report. It's a giant international report that's basically a collection of all of the latest and greatest climate science that's summarized by you know, all the big climate scientists out there working together on it. And when you look at those projections, they always have this one option that's business as usual. And so that's of like we kept doing the same thing that we're still doing, still rule our society the same way that if you look at those projections. Obviously this is audio, so I have to explain my hand gesture here. The graph, the temperature graph just keeps going up. It's just an exponential graph to the top where our planet just kind of burns up. And I think that that says that we should not continue business as usually. We need to find other ways to do our business.
Speaker 2: Okay, so your anti planet burning up? Okay, interesting, that's your opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not going to come in with the counterpoid to that, but but I am going to bring in the hope that I think you are looking for, Jack, which is like renewables are also doing gangbusters, and like we the solar installations and wind capacity that we're adding every year is like we're doing better than expected, and so like renewables are taking off, they're getting everybody knows, they're also getting cheaper. They're becoming the cheaper option. And so yes, entrenched power. An entrenched industry is really hard to like dislodge from their place of power. Of course, they want to keep doing business as usual. But when the market keeps saying, yeah, but this is so much cheaper and better for the planet, then there's only so long you can you can fight that. So, I mean, that's really hopeful. It's just how much renewable energy is taking off around the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just to bash capitalism a little bit more though there.
Speaker 1: And then right after that, Carly with a counterpoint.
Speaker 4: Last year, I was talking to this like retired like longtime environmental lawyer, and he I don't know if I have heard of the rights of nature movement. It's basically this like push by different indigenous groups to be able to steward these different pieces of nature and give them their own rights, almost as a person, like a river could be have the same protective rights as a person. And that's actually moving forward in South American countries. That's moving forward. It's actually been ingrained in a Latin American country's constitution, and it's moving forward in places like Europe, areas that are more socialist. That moves forward. And when I was asking him like, is there any hope can we get that done here in the US, He's like, I mean we could, but capitalism, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like how many guillotines you got? Counterpoint, that's ridiculous. The only thing that should have the rights of people is corporate corporations yea burnt Yeah, yeah, sorry, I could tell you. Yeah, No, I mean there there was successful legislation in Where was it it was in a US state? I want to say Minnesota maybe, but where like a group of kids basically and keep it. I don't know enough to finish the sentence. Minnesota Timberwolves or something. I was thinking of the Minnesota Timberwolves. You had a good run in the NBA playoffs.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Yeah, give me the kids lawsuit.
Speaker 2: Like the kids, Yes, that's the one I was thinking of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, searing companies for our future?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: A question like, oh, y, all right, let's take a break.
Speaker 2: All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we will be right back and we're back. We're back, Miles. I cut you off to go to the break so that I could try and google the thing that I was talking about, and I was so off base I didn't I couldn't even be like, yes.
Speaker 1: The Rudy Go Bear trial. Oh no, that's the Timberwolves again. Yeah, I know that. You know, you know, with an election year, there's always like.
Speaker 2: Some montage damn it.
Speaker 9: Sorry, oh yeah that was way that was a few months ago. Yeah, yeah, okay, Hey, it was a damnated Stana. Yeah, Montana Jack because Montana Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fact checking love.
Speaker 3: It because I thought you were going with the rights of nature thing, because I think in Minnesota there was a tribe that got the rights to a kind of wild rice. So it's just kind of wild rice. Yeah, has the same rights as the person. So that's probably what you were thinking about.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not we also, yeah, I think you can whatever the smartest version in your brain is, like, that's probably the ones.
Speaker 1: Most nuanced smart Yeah, answer was that that's what I was thinking. But I was saying, you know, in an election year, there's always there's all like energy always becomes a focal point. And whether it was like Biden initially being like are you with fracking?
Speaker 2: Are you against fracking?
Speaker 1: And some people being like, we've seen what fracking does to our state, Like this always ends up being something that has to get uttered on a debate stage. And I was curious that earlier this year, you know, there was a there's an export ban on LNG and I've seen I've seen a lot of think pieces from like you know, financial sector, like Wall Street journal types and Fox newsplaces like this is actually going to be this is going to doom our economy. But from an environmental standpoint, how do you look at this LNG band that's it's positive, it's is it? How how far is it going? Because in like knowing what I know from listening to your show and just how dire the situation is with liquified natural gas. Hearing that there is a band, I'm like, oh, that sounds like progressive, but what how is that viewed as? How's that viewed from like, you know, the people that are really in the trenches when it comes to this battle with the expansion of energy.
Speaker 3: Well I'll start so so yeah, I'll just start off. So like the Biden It's it's really more it's like a pause, So we are still exporting the heck out of LNG right now, like oh okay, that is going up and up so that we have more export terminals. There's still many in the process of being built. So it didn't do any thing to what we're exporting now and what we will continue to export as more of these export terminals come online. But what this pause did was say, before we give the green light to all these other ones that are you know, waiting in the wings. Yeah, oh okay, so they're all waiting to get the green light, they're going to say, well, actually, why don't we think about what are the climate implications and your point about like election year and like prices that impact all of us. What does exporting energy due to America's energy prices? So the pause is just like, we're going to look at all this information and then we'll decide should we keep expanding energy?
Speaker 1: So I see, Yeah, but worded very cleverly to give the feeling that it's like we've we've shut the spigots off, folks, not a not a drop more. But I get it. Like anything. I mean, so many of the like recent decisions have been something of like and we're going to check in on the state of coal energy in like eight years or after the Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: But how do you want to like, do you want to bring up the whole price like what we found out in our reporting with like LNG and how it does affect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I can talk about that. I was also going to mention what the LNG pause that people on the ground, like environmental justice activists that have been working against these plans for a while are were, This was like a huge major stuff. They were about to go like bang down the doors of the Biden administration Department Energy and like sit down in their building and not leave until they gave them what they wanted. So for them, this was like a huge step forward. But also, yeah, even beyond those activists, there's actually a giant group of different, i don't know, different types of industries once that you wouldn't even necessarily think would care about LNG or be anti shipping gas everywhere. And that's because the more gas that we ship out, the more pressure it actually puts on our own economy. And so when you see your natural gas maybe your eating bills going up, that could be the result of how much gas we're sending out because we're opening ourselves up to this larger market. I don't know if that explanation made sense. That makes sense.
Speaker 3: It's a lot more volatile, and like, yeah, it's also a supply and demand, like we're sending our supply elsewhere. We're not just giving it all here for us where it's like, oh, we've got this glut, so like our prices are going to go down when we're sending it to other countries who will pay a lot more for it than it's making the price.
Speaker 1: Go up, right, Yeah. And then because I'm sure the Ukrainian invasion also was a huge help to American natural I remember that was like a thing that felt like we weren't talking enough about at the time. But I remember, like for a second, they're like, Russia could make Europe cold by turning off the gas. And then like you'd see sometimes like America has a lot of LG to help people out over there, and you're like, oh great now, rather than like arms shipments, were like, hey man, we got this other thing you can buy that's already obstructive to your house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they go yeah, And it's crazy because that's still an argument that the gas industry is making even now two years later.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they know how to push our buttons or push the New York Times as buttons, I guess. So I do feel like there is things I've heard in the show that just generally, like people who go in depth on a problem like this, you guys know all the ways that it's really bad and troubling. Like there's a whole insurance aspect to this, with like people not being able to buy home insurance anymore because of you know, just how bleak the outlook is for the climate or the specific locations where they are that is already happening. But so you know, like the details of how it's bad, But I feel like you also get a look at like people coming together to like make changes and like create things that could give us hope. And I was just wanting to like spend the last section of the show just talking about what you guys have seen in that respect of people kind of coming together and fighting for each other and the future of the planet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll start with just like this episode that Hallie recorded with activists from around the world that was after our LNG series, and she spoke to activists in Japan and Germany and across the Gulf Coast, and it was really inspiring to hear how people are coming together from you know, other countries and building and building an alliance of saying like, okay, we're seeing these impacts here too, you're seeing them there. A lot of them have come to the US to see, like because we're ground zero where this is where it's all coming from, to kind of draw the connections, and a lot of them, you know, they're finding hope in their work and they're like the last thing anybody should do is you know, we don't have time for any of us to get to depress about this and just go like hide in a hole, like there's work to be done to save our planet. And so they were, you know, forming bonds around that, and like each one of them was finding hope in the fact that like you find the pockets where things are getting better and renewable energy is taking off, and like you know, there is this pause on just like willy nilly expanding without thinking about you know, the ramifications, right, So like people are finding the winds where they can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and are the question of whether they'll be enough like that, just finding the winds and then like if we can magnify those just to talk about the winds, then you know there there can be momentum there. But it does feel like you need to go kind of small to local reporting to find to find out that much about whatever right he's doing.
Speaker 1: Because we're so used to seeing things at such a macro level where it's like, yeah, this industry is doing this and they're doing great, and some people try to push back and it's not working. But then I was listening to that episode with all that the activists on the ground, and it was interesting how they all saw how what their respective country's role is in this sort of like mechanism of LNG expansion where I think Maluki was the name of the Japanese guy. He was saying, you know, obviously Japan is a huge investor, like the institutional investment comes from Japanese banks, and then the German guys like we're the biggest consumer of it, and understanding that, like for the Japanese activists, like they're having to put pressure like on the institutional banks to understand like what exactly is happening and how those roles are different. But because of the coordination, they're feeling like Oh yeah, we're we're find like we're seeing what every how everything works. But it's about that. I mean, it's really solidarity and that that level of commitment and collaboration that gives them the hope. And I think that just seems to be the message across many crisis crises we look at on the earth, whether it's environmental or otherwise, that it's if we are able to maintain this level of connection and understand how we support each other through that it becomes like a much more or less of a herculean task.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 4: So beautifully put. Yeah, No, yeah, I agreed. I was going to say with one of the most emotional moments I would say was when Hiroki, the Japanese activist who is in that episode, was visiting Louisiana's Gulf Coast. I got to go and like follow him in his visit and seeing these LNG plans. He went on the boat of a shrimper named Travis Dardar who's in our first episode, and they're having this conversation and I don't know the cabin I think that's what is called on boats, and like immediately Travis is like, so you're here to help us, and he's like, yeah, we're here to fight together, and they just have this moment of talking about how they're going to support each other on different ends of the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you do hear that just generally from people who are on the ground. For like in movies when there's a disaster, when there's a flood, a gang of bank robbers comes in and robs the local bank with I'm thinking of a very specific Christian Slater movie from the early nineties. But people, generally, when bad happens, it's like every man for himself. This gives us an excuse to just like fuck each other over. And in reality, you see people want to help each other a lot of the time. That's the thing that gets cut out of the accounts of like what happens in a catastrophe, So like just down to that cellular level of like people helping people. It just it feels like a way that we kind of warp what's actually going on to make it seem less hopeful at a time when I feel like people do need the hope. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, What would you say, what would you give us as listeners people that are interested in the topic, as like homework to better you know, help in this, you know, because obviously there's so many things that we need to be on top of to know about to inform our But what is the best way that you know for someone who's listening now realizing oh yeah, like oh, I've definitely heard of liquified natural gas, but I didn't realize it needs some serious attention. What are those steps? Like? Is it just about seeing what kind of bills are propping up like in your local legislation or local legislature or organizations? What do you feel from doing this kind of work and talking to these people is sort of the way to get more everyday individual citizens to have a level of awareness that feels like we can kind of reach some kind of tipping point.
Speaker 4: Well, I'd say number one, support the people who are on the ground and are most affected by this issue. And I can I can list off some group names.
Speaker 1: If sure, like yeah, and well even those yeah footnotes will put that in our footnotes so people don't.
Speaker 4: Check that out linked in the footnotes. So that is the Vessel Project that's based in southwest Louisiana and Lake Charles. Another Lake Charles based group is or A Better Buy You And then one based on Cameron is called fish and it stands for fishermen. Oh god, now I pulled a jack.
Speaker 3: Can we go to a break? Yeah, just go to a break.
Speaker 2: I find that it's always good to just cut to a break, spend some time googling, come back, and still not.
Speaker 1: Have But seriously, what was going on? Can I read this thing from Food and Wine magazine the pre seasonal launch of the milk chok okay, fine, fine, okay?
Speaker 4: I found fish. Fish is fishermen interested in saving our heritage. So those are a couple of groups. And again going back to that LNG pause too, there are going to be opportunities for the public to comment during that process, So stay out, look out for the Department of Energy website. I'm sure everybody's watching that website. No, so maybe we can pass along that link too.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I would say, you know, while you're eating brunch or not choosing to eat brunch, talking about this stuff with people, I think talking about anything that you read about the is hopeful and spreading those stories, but also being aware of like, hey, is this greenwashing this thing that I'm hearing these like slick commercials. Maybe I should do a little like research on my own and find out.
Speaker 2: So people aren't just like everything's bad, You're just gonna tell me everything's bad. What what are the good ones that actually work? Wind solar? Just which are growing, which are actually helpful? Is that would those be the ones that we should suggest people invest time and energy into.
Speaker 3: Those are the ones that are growing like crazy right now. And then there's a lot of other things on the horizon that I think people are excited about. So, but wind and solar are definitely like the two big industries that are doing well for the shareholders and for and for these countries that are are moving really quickly off of fossil fuels.
Speaker 2: Because at brunch I generally discuss the shareholder value. That's kind of the main currency that we speak about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I brought you. I figured I feel anything that has any value. And just quick counterpoint, Carly, but what about the utility companies? If we're just making our own energy, what but what happens to them? You should we care?
Speaker 3: I'm glad you have the concern for these utilities.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I get an email every day from some lobbyists I'm friends with who just asked me to say some of this stuff on the show. For Get I get discounts a chevron.
Speaker 3: But anyway, what we're saying, wasn't there a big thing that just happened in California that like community solar, rooftop solar, like a I don't know, y'all know that something was just shot down because I think utilities do have so much power that of course they don't want they want to keep making money.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yep, yep, yeah, I mean they say it's threatening some Joshua. There's all kinds of weird, bizarre stuff about why solar is bad in California. But yes, no, sorry, I'm sorry to the lobbyists. Again. I tried to get that information into the show. Just didn't work out organically, folks. We'll try next show, won't you think about the readers?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well, thank you guys so much for joining us. Carly Hallie, where can people find you? Guys? Follow you, hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, our podcast is called ce Change, that's Sea Change, and you can listen to us wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: I was waiting for that.
Speaker 3: That line that's like kind of means something, I guess, But you know you can listen to us at that place that you do other places.
Speaker 2: And is there a work of media that you guys have been enjoying.
Speaker 4: Can I name a movie?
Speaker 2: Oh, you have a movie, you can name a tweet, you can do book, whatever, anything, anything.
Speaker 4: I just saw Challengers, one of the best movies of my life.
Speaker 1: I think so amazing. It's that one is such a I feel like it's kind of got the same feeling of like what mad Max Fury Road had. When it came out, people were like, yeah, I know about it, but everyone's like, no, dude, you need to go see that. It's it's it's really good and I'm glad. I did shout out producer a Ena for putting the pressure for me to watch it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I just finished this really good book called Charleston Race Water in the Coming Storm and it's by Susan Crawford, and it's super interesting about how Charleston, the development of Charleston, and you know, speaking of like the wealthy living on higher ground and where poor neighborhoods are located in terms of kind of like rising seas. But it's a really interesting look at like how the city of Charleston is booming right now, and like, what's what's happening there with Yeah, with a lot of climate climate impacts, So I recommend it.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming Yeah, oh yeah, yes, it's amazing. Miles. Where can people find you? Is their working media? You've been enjoying it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, find me Twitter, Instagram, at Miles of Gray, pretty much anywhere else they have at symbols, find Jack and I in the Basketball podcast and mousing jacko mat boost Boosties. You can find me talking about ninety day Fiance on My Other twenty Day Fiance and also if you like conspiracy theories, check me out on the latest episode of My Mama Told Me with Langston Kerman and David Borie. A work of media, I like, okay, you know what I saw something that it was really funny. I used to watch the every version of the Office that had come out UK, American, et cetera. And this fan made like edited together just clips of the Office to create this like a twenty four esque psychological thriller where like Dwight is in love with Kelly, and like Ryan becomes the object of his like obsession to try and break them up, and he's basically like a murderer it's fantastic, Like someone in the comments on this Reddit post said, Jordan Peele famously said, like, the only difference in comedy and like thrillers is the is the score, and you know, you play something a little bit more tense, everything can have such a different feel to it. So I will link to this fan made trailer of this like a twenty four ask the Office thriller, because it's pretty amazing, And I mean Office Watcher or not, it's just great editing, great editing, amazing. Yeah, it is really worth watch.
Speaker 2: Tweet I've been enjoying at W zero A zero I zero f waif with zeros in between all the letters. Tweeted not my meet gas inheriting the Earth.
Speaker 1: Very good.
Speaker 2: We have language you.
Speaker 4: Can back around.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O Brian. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zai Guys. Were at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page at a website Daily zei Guys dot com where we post our episodes and our footnote. No, we'll link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles what's the song.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, just in keeping with this like a twenty four esque trailer, the person who edited put in like this really amazing. I think it's a Hungarian rock band called Omega. They have a track in there called The translation is I believe Pearls in Her Hair. I'm not okay if it was Hungarian, I believe it's gung Hai yu Lan okay, don't yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Thank you for the first time I everwhere I did that different. But it's g G y O n g y h A j U space l A n y. Just go to the footnotes. But this is like one of those dope sort.
Speaker 1: Of like uh like acid rock songs that like from like Eastern Europe that just has such like emotion to it and truly brought this trailer to life. And I'm sure a lot of people have heard this in other places. But that's the song we're going to go out to, Pearls in Her Hair by Omega.
Speaker 2: All right, well we will link off to that footnote. Dailey's That Guy is a production by Heart Radio. For more podcasts my Heart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite choices. Wherever you get your podcasts, that's going to do it for us on this Tuesday morning. We are back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you all then. Bye bye,